[OPEN] Never stopped crawling
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia
Are you awake now too?

The sea unfolded from the darkness of a dream, white cresting into foam. White, fluffy kisses washed through the splits of her cloven hooves, receeding seconds later like the touch of a shy lover. Somewhere between time and a dream, she found herself standing, inhaling the scent of childhood on the water's wind, and she did not question the gracious gift of forgetting. Her memories were filled with sugar sand and a world so big with a mind so new, but Isilme was dead, taking her childhood in its shadowy grasp.

Gray clouds obscured the sun, brighter than it should have been given the woolen cloak. Colors drained from the scene, and the murderous hues of her wind-blown locks shed their tones. Desaturated, perhaps how she felt. Wind carried strands of white from her face, tangling around the spiral of her horn, and she stared beyond, facing the horizon and imaging what she would find were she to reach the edge. Would she tumble into the cosmos? Would the hands of god return her to this world? 

So much changed, faces drifting like a sly fox in the spring - never staying in one place for long. Yet some stoic behemethos stayed fast, clinging to Helovia or perhaps just to each other. Gaucho was a pillar, a structure around which his children and herd build their foundations. Mauja was a ghost, a shadow of her feelings wearing the same crown as before. Deimos was the darkness, a shadow of the mountains in which he hid. And Torleik? He was... he was a hearth, beckoning her from the comfort of desolation into music and laughter so very foreign. 

There she stood fast long enough for life to spring up from their hiding places. Crabs wandered across the surface, birds picked at shells which wriggled in and out of the spongy sand, and she sighed, a half-smiled curving the graceful gray of her lips with contentment. Life was not perfect, but it never would be. 

But at least... 

at least she had a reason to smile. 

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Karalius Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Yet again the brute found himself finding refuge near the salt waters of the endless blue, with the sand softly grazing the bottom end of darkened pillars as his daggers sifted their way through it. There was little comfort in the rest of the world he had found, and being an outcast it almost gave him a reason to find himself a home within more creatures. But Karalius knew that he had made his choice and was going to stick with it. It was actually with some hope that by coming here he would bump again into Rexanna after their previous encounter, but he had done this several times now and not once had found her again. Instead, he was taking to wandering the sandy terraria in the hope of finding other things to do and other creatures to speak to.

At long last he came to a distant spotting, a pale thing in the far north to him. With a tilted cranium he began to curiously make his way further over to investigate. He secretly hoped that it was someone he knew, but the dappled brute guessed that in this large world it could be anybody. And soon he came to a point that he was able to clearly see that it was a new face, and the bodice of a pretty ivory fae stood in the short distance from him. Her tassles seemed tinged with ruby, and the most prominent feature of the handsome cranium was the large ivory horn that spiralled into the air. Another one, he thought with an air of sadness. He sighed and continued to traipse his way up to the stranger, ready to introduce himself.

He got closer, however, and soon realised that she was adorning some of sort smile across her darkened velveteens, and he felt so dejected at this point he was almost considering someone else's feelings and not bothering her. But his ignorant side sprouted itself from his guts and he went ahead anyway,
"It is a nice sight, isn't it?" He tipped his cranium towards her in mild greeting and waited for some sort of reciprocation in order to take the attention away from his soul-sucking sadness...

" . "
KARALIUS
It was pride that changed angels into devils;
it is humility that makes men as angels.
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia
danced above the blaze

The world at the edge of her vision faded, memories dancing with errant thoughts and the sound of the crashing waves. Life had moved around her, used to the statuesque way she held her frame, only fibers of white and crimson catching in the wind. A feeling of “right” overcame her mind and soul, a comfortable sensation of being in the right place at the right time – and such beautiful sensations came so very rarely. The smile that curved her lips was soft, a mousy line that softened the worried, alabaster planes of an ornate face, and long, pale lashes touched on her cheeks, closing her eyes to the light.

So lost in her thoughts as she was, she did not notice the stranger until he was upon her. A deep, masculine voice broke through the envelope of mental fog, and she blinked clarity into her strange, two colored eyes. Ophelia tilted her head, regarding him with amicable curiosity and a slight sense of fading, as if she were not quite there at all – dreaming. Absently, she glanced around, noticing that his stiff, moving presence had disrupted the habitat again, and she hummed, sticking the toes of her cloven hooves into the sand to watch a muscle wriggle back in.

Ophelia nodded in agreement, looking up at him once more. He had a coat of steel, though a vein of precious metal snaked up and around a shoulder, as if seeking the sun and finding the shadow below to be much more favorable. Though similar in height, his frame shaped with angles of a stallion, wide set shoulders and bold neck setting him apart, even without horns. Most of whom she knew now were like herself, so finding this stallion who, interestingly enough, reminded her of her mother, brought her into the present.

Even the gold… Soleil’s gold hue had been scars, and in her age, the only steel left had gathered around joints, but the colors were so familiar. “I was born by the sea,” she commented softly, her voice delicate and gentle like chimes, belying the dangerous spy and darkness beneath the angelic exterior. Moments passed, clouds shifting but never revealing the sun on this desaturated scene. “My apologies. I am Ophelia the Forsaken,” she introduced. “From the World’s Edge.” How strange those words… So strange the way the herd sounded on her tongue. Foreign, just as she was. Ophelia looked at him expectantly, awaiting his response.

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

@Karalius

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Karalius Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
A sense of a dream-like quality arose from the situation that Karalius found himself in. He watched at this stranger regained her composure, evidently he had disturbed her in something and it felt like she was awakening from the dreams of a time gone by. But this was all speculation, and at this present moment in time the dappled did not want to pry into the thoughts of the horned queen that stood before him. Instead, he took the time to really get to grips with the bodice of the dame, whose life he had simply jumped into, just not in the literal sense.

His golden pools took in the ivory pelt wrapped over the dainty figure and he knew that she was an unmistakably arousing creature of beauty and elegance in appearance. He had noticed her horn before as he had approached her, but now he took in its shining elegance and the ruby dips of her tassles. She was a very pretty fae, youthful in complexion. And as she spoke, her voice too dripped with the delicate embodiment of a queen.

He looked on into the blue, watching the waves lap against the sands that clung to the terraria in an attempt not to swept away by the sheer power, and just for a moment the ignorant brute forgot of his dejected nature owed to his unachieved ambitions and imagined that he too was being swept away by the salted water,
"You were born by the sea? This must be the place of your calling, then," his deep voice was strangely soft as he spoke to the dreamy fae, "I never knew of the waters that touched the earth before I came to Helovia, but I seem to visit here regularly now since..." He had become carried away in his own sad thoughts that he forgot to put a lid on blurting this sadness to his acquaintance. He regained himself and heard her name herself as Ophelia the Forsaken. He watched with wide and shining golden orbs as she spoke of her origins, "Ophelia the Forsaken, it has a quaint ring to it. I am Karalius. I do not belong to a region here, but I am familiar with the World's Edge," he continued in order to make conversation with ivory Ophelia, "It is not long since I travelled to this world, so forgive me for my lack of knowledge of these parts, Ophelia."

" . "
KARALIUS
It was pride that changed angels into devils;
it is humility that makes men as angels.