the Rift

[PRIVATE] Unspent Potential

Karalius Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The dappled brute hung his skull low to the same height as his chest, with little spark within his pools to suggest he was content with the way his short time in Helovia had amounted to. There had been so far, nothing to keep him from feeling dejected about the entire new world. He figured that this may have been that he had not yet explored Helovia outside of the endless blue, and this may certainly explain why he was feeling so isolated. 

The outcast wandered further into the glade, barely noticing the sheer water that filled into a nearby pool surrounded by the trees. He gazed for just a second to notice that the trees were willow, but as the foliage brushed against his muscular pillars he halted beside the water and paid little attention to anything else, simply closing his eyes and imagining the achievements he was wishing to gain in the future. His ambitions were no further achieved as they were hoped for, and this made the dark dappled stag feel warm with the frustration that welled up within his brawny chest. The handsome cranium scrunched up less than attractively at this idea and it made him feel entirely hopeless. He was going to achieve something, eventually...

But soon he began to focus his lobes on the oncoming sound that got further and further towards him, cracking the dead twigs and Karalius wondered what, or who, it was that disturbed him from his inner thoughts.

" . "

[Phantom]
KARALIUS

It was pride that changed angels into devils;
it is humility that makes men as angels.

Phantom Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

PHANTOM

can you give us all a reason not to fall
before you take away another broken promise

It was surprisingly freeing to not be confined to the Basin anymore and the mare found that she didn't miss the caves, the horses there, nor did she miss the mountains. For so long she had spent her life being in service to others; her father then a herd that she'd never taken the time to just be alone. She'd always had some task to put her mind to and to busy herself with. It was strange to have no one to answer to but herself. She could go where she wanted whenever she wanted and do whatever she wanted without a second thought. What had been scary to her at first was becoming something that she enjoyed and the more time dragged on the less she thought about returning to the Basin.

Being on her own allowed her to explore more of Helovia, though she still had many places that she had yet to discover but it was getting late. The pale mare had been traveling for most of the day and now that the sun was beginning to set she was beginning to think that she needed to find a place to settle down for the night. When the sun rose in the morning she would continue south to see what else Helovia had to offer.

As she moved through the hanging willow branches in the Grove she did not expect to see someone else there, let alone another one of the strange horses that had neither wings nor horns. Her steps stopped and her expression remained impassive as she regarded him. "Hello." She said simply enough then she was moving toward the water with the intention of quenching the thirst she'd worked up in her travels.

"."

Image Credits

Unregistered
What happened next confused the brute to no end. He had stood there looking out at the pool after arriving, with his energy at all time low and his happiness level even lower. And as he halted his bodice towards the sheer water, his golden pools the only thing keeping his thoughts from splashing out over the sides, a fae had moved towards him. He quickly turned his dappled cranium towards the snapping and rustling to find what had to be one of the most strikingly beautiful creatures he had seen heading towards his direction underneath the willows that made up this stretch of Helovia.

He watched with keen eyes out of his skull that had been stretched straight over the thickness of his neck. The queen felt her way through to him, and spoke a one worded greeting to acknowledge his presence. But before Karalius had a chance to reply and tip his skull in polite reciprocation the creature turned towards the pool. His arrogance got the better of him, and Karalius' sarcastic tone drifted towards the stranger with a deep and almost silent characteristic,
"Nice to meet you..."

The dappled stuck out his already brawny chest and dressed out his best features, owing to Andalusian heritage, to do his best to impress this mysterious creature. He stepped forward one pace before taking in the figure which stood before him. Almost ivory pelt, with tassles of ivory and obsidian and feathers of the same ivory hue but tinged with ruby. And the most interesting thing about this creature besides her undoubtedly pretty figure were the pair of crimson ram's horns that protruded from behind her lobes. The brute had never quite come across horns like that. Nonetheless, he straightened himself and pranced over to the pretty stranger and began his almost sickenly humiliating flirtatious dance with her, "Where have you strayed from, then?" At this moment in time the dejected stallion could do nought but attempt at some fun whilst his ambitions were left unattempted, and so this was his play.

" . "

@Phantom
KARALIUS

Time the Dice Queen Posts: 144
OOC Account atk: 50 | def: 50 | dam: 50
Mare :: Other :: 5'7 :: 22 HP: 5050 | Buff: DROPKICK
Time
unarchived per request

ali

PHANTOM

"Nice to meet you..."

"I'm sure..." Phantom murmured as she came to stand on the bank. For whatever reason the snow wasn't nearly as thick and the mud on the shore wasn't covered by it, which allowed it to squish up between her cloven toes. After so long of walking on the snow the feeling of the sticky, cold mud felt foreign  and very, very strange to the pale mare. Nevertheless she dipped her head down and she began to drink, and even though the coldness of the water burned her throat it was better than risking dehydration.

The stallion's movement made her lift her head and she watched him as he seemed to inflate like bird trying to attract a mate. Phantom snorted in amusement at the very sight of it and she rolled her eyes. "Showing off, are we?" She asked, but he was already asking her where she had strayed from."I have not strayed from anywhere." She replied evenly. "I took my leave of the Basin and I've traveled east and west and south." Her gaze remained steady and she stared at the stallion whom she couldn't help but think was far too curious and nosy for his own good.

"You can stop that." She said, referring what she assumed was an attempt at showing off to impress her. "I'm not interested now and I doubt I will ever be interested in you." She went back to drinking, easily ignoring the stallion that had puffed himself up pranced over to her. Stallions liked to think that mares were full of themselves, but this one was proof that stallions were just as vain and annoying.

Image Credits

@Karalius

Unregistered
The creature could only react to his sarcastic tone with the murmur fit for a reply. He had been a twat, and this the fae knew. He watched as she stepped up to the pool, her cloven daggers throwing themselves delicately into the mud along the bank, and he instantly felt intrigued by her prescence here. She was a beautiful creature, her ruby horns and dark tassles across a sweetly pale bodice captivated his pools and his insides.

As he moved, she lifted her cranium and he could feel the dark pools watching him, scrutinizing his every move.

Showing off, are we?

Her amused reaction to his arrogant way of trying to impress her was like a smack in the gut. His handsome skull remained high and nonchalant to this, but inside he felt rather humiliated. Her pools rolled into the back of her skull and stripped his flirty facade down even further with a flick of her sharp tongue.

You can stop that. I'm not interested now and I doubt I ever will be interested in you.

Wow, kill a creature while he's down, Karalius thought with a stout hurt in his bones. He could not deny that he felt at a loss what to do with such an unforgiving fae, but he was determined to try. His dappled pelt shone in the light and bounced off the strip of gold along his pelt. He was not an ugly creature, far from it. But even he would not have been aware of his very ugly personality,
"I apologise if I seem forward,...?" His slowing down into a questioning tone requested that he put a name to this beautiful face. He continued with his own deep voice of words, "My name is Karalius, by the way. And I don't usually find myself to already be rejected before I even try!" His pools glittered with mischief and the daring connotation of a horny brute. A grin whisped along his dark grey velveteens and he waited to see just how far this fae would go to not give him a try.

" . "
KARALIUS

@Phantom

ali

PHANTOM

Phantom said nothing as the stallion apologized if he seemed forward. He the questioning tone of his voice made him sound confused and unsure of whether or not he should even apologize, which was amusing in itself. "If you're not certain whether you should apologize or not then why are you?" She asked after allowing the silence to stretch a bit. Of course there was also the possibility that the confused tone was because she had yet to offer him her name and she still didn't feel inclined to do so because he had not asked.

"My name is Karalius, by the way. And I don't usually find myself to already be rejected before I even try!"

"Is that so, Karalius?" She asked, an amused smirk on her dark lips. "Do mares usually throw themselves at your hooves and beg you to ravage them?" Her expression sobered as she spoke. "Are the mares you typically meet  so wanton that they would turn their backs to you and allow you to mount them before you even properly ask what their names are? Or do names not matter to you?" Her head tilted and her forelock fell over her eyes as she studied the stallion's face to see what his expression would tell her as she continued to push back against a horny stallion whose attention she did not want.

"Do they coo and tell you how good you were even though you've lasted only seconds because you were so horny that you couldn't control yourself enough to make it last any longer?" She'd had her share of encounters with stallions who sought to show off and build themselves up to be more than what they were in reality and she chalked Karalius up to being exactly the same as so many others she'd met. Stallions, she felt, were only concerned with when they could get off and how soon after they would be able to get off again.

Image Credits

@Karalius