the Rift

The star comes.

Cassiopia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

cassiopia nebualis
Wait, while I sing the stars a lullaby.

Turquoise eyes laid upon the strange land she had somehow found herself in, alone and slightly scared. Even with all the knowledge within her skull, the woman could not for the life of her figure out where she was, and the most terrifying, her magic had disappeared. Of course, she assumed that once she had entered this land it had stripped her gravity manipulating magic. 

Eyes closing for a moment, a sigh escaped her soft pink lips as the woman took in her surroundings, the sights and smells. The musky scent of dirt, the serene aroma of pine, and the smell of the sweet grasses surrounding her dark hooves. A light breeze ruffled her incredibly long hair as it cascaded too the ground like a peaceful, lazy river. Nearby, an owl hooted in the evening air, the sound reverberating off trees and into Cassiopia's swiveling ears. No, she didn't know where she was, but deciding to make the best of it, a smile crawled across her face.

Suddenly moving forward, legs carrying her loyally across the unknown earth, ears always moving as her eyes scanned every shadow and every creature that scuttled through the undergrowth. Her cautious movements continued until she reached a small clearing, a meadow of sorts, where a small pond resided. The crickets sang loudly as the woman walked towards the petite body of water, lowering her lips to the water, she allowed the liquid to slip down her throat, refreshing and good. 

Where am I? Where in the world have I come? The thoughts rang loudly through her mind as she once again searched through the knowledge stored within her mind. Opening her mouth, the woman's honey coated voice poured from her lips, silencing the creatures around her as she looked upon the lady moon that looked down on her.

Show me, where am I?

words: 309 | tag: @none| notes: rusty little me

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa
I've cried, and you'd think I'd be better for it, but the sadness just sleeps, and it stays in my spine the rest of my life.

A cold chill had creeped its way across her body, causing her to awaken from a short nap. Blinking a number of times, she began to realize where she was. Apparently, she had taken to falling asleep in the Threshold. It is unsurprising really, but it still was unnerving not know where you are at the moment you wake up. With a huff, and a push, she raised to her feet, pine needles falling from her back onto the ground. Nighttime had blanketed the land, and it was far too late for her to try and return to the Edge for the night. It would also be quite pointless, because in reality, the next morning, she would probably be here anyway.

Edgar circled above, coming to land on his bonded's head. He had gone out hunting while she was asleep, and recounted the dangerous and nerve-wrecking adventures of catching a mouse. Elsa simply rolled her eyes, listening to the bird so he could satiate his hunger for the spotlight. At least it was amusing, Edgar had become quite the story teller since his birth. He was now able to tell intricate, false stories that actually kind of sounded true. It was a lot more fun to listen to that kind of story than a straight up fictional one. He, however, was (in his opinion) rudely interrupted by a voice.

So the duo made their way through the snow, crunching along towards the sound of the voice. It wasn't long before they spotted a mare. She was interesting to say the least; it wasn't often that you come across a pale mare covered in what looked to be paint splatters. Elsa approached, the all too familiar smile creeping up the side of her mouth as she stopped few feet away. "You've wandered into Helovia." She began, hoping to answer the girls question. It sounded like it may have been rhetorical, but it was always better to reinforce knowledge. "My name is Elsa, of the World's Edge, and I take it that you're new to these lands?" She gestured around, and Edgar bobbed his head in a quiet greeting. "If you need assistance or shelter, I would be more than happy to bring you back to the Edge with me." She nodded in the general direction of the Edge, before falling silent to listen to what the other had to say.

"talk" 

image credits
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Cassiopia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

cassiopia nebualis
Wait, while I sing the stars a lullaby.

The night was quiet after her speech, and the golden woman's ears continued to swivel in all directions, listening intently. And the lady moon did not disappoint, it didn't take long before she sent her answer in the form of another being, a pegasus. A white coat stretched across the body of the other equine, and by the appearance of the winged creature, bone structure, stature and voice, Cassi assumed it was a mare. 

As the other spoke her name, Cassi's assumptions were proven correct. Elsa was her name, and what a fitting name for someone who seemed so... cold? Yes, that was the word, but it didn't seem to be her daemenor that was chilling, it was the snow that seemed to trail her foot steps, the first magic the woman had witnessed in this land. 

Head tilting slightly, like a bird, her own voice filled her mind. 
Helovia, what a strange place. I'm guessing the World's Edge is a territory here. Thoughts scattering in all different directions, the color splashed mare shook her head discreetly, focusing on the situation before her once more.

"Yes, I believe shelter sounds welcoming, especially since I do not know the danger that these lands hide in the shadows," her voice remained calm as she spoke. "My name is Cassiopia, and yes, I am dreadfully new too this place, I really had no idea where I was until you came along. And for the life of me I cannot recall ever being in a place like this."

The words had come and gone in the darkness, thought, spoken, and meant, the woman's turquoise eyes then found themselves on the creature perched on the other's poll. It was a small bird, covered in what seemed to be ice, and a chill ran down her spine. It was as if she could feel the cold coming from the two, reaching out with icy fingers to grab at her golden skin, but she knew she must be paranoid. 
I hope not all horses here are as chilling as this pair. Not because they were rude, but because they seemed to be accustom to the cold, when Cassiopia, on the other hand, hated the cold. The long haired lady would rather find herself in a moderately warm climate, where she could spend her days lounging about or reading a good book. 

Suddenly, a question popped into her skull, and she was forced to ask it.
"Is this snow, and your companion, magic?" Because oh how she missed her own.

words: 422 | tag: @Elsa| notes: On too the Edge! 

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa
I've cried, and you'd think I'd be better for it, but the sadness just sleeps, and it stays in my spine the rest of my life.

Cassiopia, as Elsa had now learned, was very quick to voice her distress. Like most, she had stumbled into Helovia in the midst of whatever had happened previously. Elsa tilted her head, as she further explained that she had never seen a land like Helovia. Granted, Elsa hadn't seen a land much like Helovia either, but with the recent influx of newcomers, she had only assumed they were all escaping to Helovia for a safe haven. A mistake either way, but that's what she thought. 

Though when her attention had turned to Edgar, all bets were off and he puffed up, swinging his tail feathers from side to side trying to impress this painted Cassiopia. 'I sexy,' He relayed smugly through the bond. Elsa was beginning to believe that Edgar had two modes of personality. Either he was a smug asshole, or a sulky, depressed bird. Neither of them Elsa appreciated too much, but it was an occupational hazard she signed up for when agreeing to take care of him.

Magic was suddenly the topic of conversation, and Elsa's ears swiveled forward in interest. Cocking the metaphorical eyebrow, she looked Cassiopia up and down. Usually those who had seen magic for the first time here flipped the literal shit out, while those already in previous possession if it didn't have a care in the world. It was odd that Cassiopia had decided to address it. "The snow is magic, yes. It follows me around everywhere, all year, although right now, in the midst of winter, I don't really need it," She shrugged, before nodding forward to bring Edgar into the center spotlight again. "Edgar is not magic, so to speak." Knowing fully the consequences of her words, Elsa waited until she felt the anger set into Edgar. 'I IS MAGICAL,' He yelled through the bond, and delivered a swift peck between her eyes. She'd have a hole in the head at this rate. "As you can see, he didn't like that answer. He does possess magic, and can freeze anyone besides me upon touch if he so chooses. He can also speak to me through the bond, and no one else can hear it. So I guess you can consider it magical." She smirked and Edgar settled into a stout, angry ball upon her head. She could feel him fuming about how if it was possible to freeze her, he would do it in a heartbeat. Eventually she knew she'd have to apologize, but now was not the time. 

So Elsa took the topic back to shelter and the Edge, since that was the real reason she was here. They could talk specifics once Elsa got her back. She never liked lingering here long, for oftentimes her "prospective" herd mate and herself would be interrupted by another vying for the same prize. "Sorry for addressing the magic first, no one usually asks about it, and I'm always eager to tell others about it," she began. "So now onto the topic of shelter, I would be more than willing to have you. If you'd like, you could follow me now, and we could talk along the way? I can also explain more about the Edge when we get there?" It was a question, because technically Elsa couldn't forcibly bring her back to the Edge (even if it was more convenient). Waiting for a response, Elsa began walking towards the direction of the Edge, listening for any of the questions Cassiopia might have. If all worked out well, the mare would follow behind her, eager to learn about the Edge. The worst that could happen? Cassiopia could suddenly reject her offer. Elsa was used to rejection though, so it would only be a small wound to her confidence. 

"talk" 
@Cassiopia
[ooc; you can post again to wrap up this thread, and then ask for a rank change to outcast. Once that is done, I can start us a thread in the Edge. (If you still would like to go there, of course.) :)]

image credits
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.