the Rift

[PRIVATE] if youre still breathing

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
 Drama was the power that held me in check. It seemed as though if there weren't something in my life to cause drama, it would manage it's way into the nooks and crannies of my soul. This drama still haunted me, the drama from my past and the one I helped create that had me trapped in an endless cycle of struggling to keep my head afloat and pretending that everything was fine.

It wasn't fine. Nor would it ever be, it seemed.
I had pledged my allegiances to two stags. Two fine creatures in which I honestly hoped for the best to happen, however it couldn't have been so much further from the truth. It was the kind Tembovu, the elephant, who opened his warriors heart to me and chose me as his. Then there was the sneaky yet secretive Caleb that told me lies upon lies and yet I still held angst on my tongue trying to figure out what his true history was. As for mine, it wasn't something I was willing to admit to yet.

I'm sure I felt exactly like my mother did before dying. That swift feeling of being betrayed streaking through her soul before her last breath was ripped from her lungs. Betrayal is quite the strange thing. I felt betrayed by Caleb when I learned everything he said were lies. But I also felt like the betrayer for laying with another while I was supposed to only be his. God what a mess I've made.

I exhaled briefly, dragging myself back from reality from the encompassing struggle of my mind before I realized where I was. After the whole event with the two champions I loved, I found myself wandering endlessly. And here I was in the steppe, unsure how long I had been travelling nor any recollection of my travels. I felt broken inside and out. My outward appearance mirrored it completely as well. My mane was ragged and I had patches of sweat in random places upon my golden coat. My horn graced with the golden chain that symbolized a part of my defeat in hiding my past. It hung as a small reminder that I had become that one person I had tried so hard to forget, and it felt like it was killing me.

At this point I didn't even know where I was going, so I just stopped still in the middle of nowhere. Knees dropping to the frozen ground, surrounded my snow. I continued down to where I stayed, lying in the deep snow, resting my head across the alabaster earth, wishing that it could just swallow me up.

@[caleb] sorry its crap D: I DID IT ON MY PHONE.

you're the lucky ones.

Rexanna

Image Credits!
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Caleb Posts: 135
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1hh :: 4yo :: Orangmoon HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Henrietta :: Weimaraner :: None baylee
I was in the steppe again, following a mare through a maze she didn't want to leave. Every step towards her was like the sting of another papercut. The accumulation of thousands of papercuts hadn't been enough to kill me, but I'd now been bled of the anger I had earlier in the season. These papercuts, every time I walked, moved, they ripped open, pain exploding within me. This was my life with Rexanna. She wa a the paper that caused my cuts, my wounds, my throbbing pain.

But not really.

She was me, a female version of me, and in her choices I see me, my iron eyes looking back at me through the narrow slits of an impenetrable mask. Tye similarity between her drove my want to follow her, simply watch. I stood afar, barely able to make out her shape, just identifying her position through th series of vibrant dapples dotting her porcelain skin. Soon though, I was there. I stood head to head with her, but she lay on the ground, helpless and vulnerable. There were no words spoken, simply her and I. My prescense changed the mood of the area, turning it from a somber loneliness to a tense meeting. This was an effect I always had, the chemistry of a rooms changing when I enter, as if all the people know me past my iron armor, my wrought cage that holds my emotions. Standing there, mere feet from her, but saying nothing- it's intense. Though this wasn't the first time I had brooded silently and just let things build up. Knowing things grew volatile by the second was... Thrilling.

Eventually though, my silence would be more draining than fulfilling. Was it wrong that way down within me, I wanted to hurt? I wanted to bleed and cry and break myself. Not because I deserve it, but because it feels right to hurt. I don't know what else to feel. I cannot feel pride, for what am I to feel this way towards in a world where no one is adequate and everyone is somehow lower then everyone. So I stood, a cold statue in front of a mare that I fucked.

My voice broke into the air, strong and powerful, yet I felt weak and small. My voice did not show this, my voice is the cool confidence that my facade exudes. "Rexanna," Fuck. I don't know what to say. "Voglio dolore." She won't understand my words, no one ever does, even when they are spoken in English, because no one has been through my life. Rexanna is the closest to me, maybe she'd understand had I spoken English. I won't tell her what I want. For the first time, the top thing on my want list isn't sex, but that is truly a close second.

@Rexanna

With nothing more than a few deep breaths, I felt the snow begin to slowly cover me with its blanket of ice. The feeling was almost too surreal. It seemed as though I couldn’t even feel the bitter chill of the snow. I was just numb, and had been in recent memory. I couldn’t help but remember my history more and more. Being the rejection, the accident, the pawn in a sick little game of war. The struggle of it all was just bearing down on me after I had spent so long trying to forget who I truly was that it seemed to almost creep up on me in the worst of circumstances. My head hurt, my heart hurt, and I couldn’t help but almost feel blind when it came to the creature trekking up to me.

Teal orbs that used to be full of life and deceit were now hollow. A blank stare off in the distance as a darkened creature approached me. It was difficult to make out at the time seeing as the snowfall blanketed out the more iconic features. My heart pumping slowly for how surprisingly cold I was. The snow that should have been slightly beginning to melt as it fell along my backside just seemed to pile and almost begin to cover me whole. Yet despite it all, my eyes stayed glued to the figure in the distance, not particularly caring so long as it wasn’t who I was so upset about.

And of course, it just happened to be the one stag I really would have rather not seen. The beast known as Caleb was approaching me, his darkened figure beginning to swallow up the ivory ground beneath him. His wings and horns icons to my memory and the idea of how I had caused so much pain between the both of us.

He stepped closer within ear shot and the moment his vocals broke the silence of the snowfall, I twitched lightly. A sharp shiver like I wasn’t expecting anything. Blinking a few times to him after he spoke some words in a strange language, I shook my head back and forth lightly trying to bury my face into the ground further, yet my golden horn marked the spot like a tombstone.  ”Don’t.” My exhausted voice broke from the snow. It felt as though I hadn’t spoken in months and the last person I wanted to talk to was the one trying his best to speak to me.

I wondered if I had hurt him nearly as much as I hurt myself. And in that moment I wished it was only me to wallow in my own pain.

you're the lucky ones.

Rexanna
Image Credits!

@Caleb

Caleb Posts: 135
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1hh :: 4yo :: Orangmoon HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Henrietta :: Weimaraner :: None baylee
Poor, poor, Rexanna. Has fucking around bitten her in the ass? She wallows in this shallow pool of self-created sadness. Caleb had gotten over it, could she not? It was in that moment, that he realized that maybe he hadn't gotten over it, her betrayal, the rush of emotions that coursed through him like adrenaline when she was around. Soft, smooth, Italian does not sooth the situation and Rexanna remains bitter, saying a one-worded command Caleb has no intention of keeping. He slinks closer, his form truly massive next to her as she lays still, nearly lifeless on the snowy ground. His whiskered snout drops, looming over her golden withers. He does not touch, but lingers, his breath clouding by his nostril, no doubt moving across her soft fur. She is tired, worn-out, and he feels the same, feels his skeleton grow weary with each passing minute. She does not drain him, but invigorate him, she pumps a gleeful energy into the brute, but now he feels undoubtedly tired. Then his muzzle drops further, lips presumably centimeters from her spine, seconds away from contact, but he does not touch her, because she does not want to be touched, to be felt, nor groped. She just wants a shoulder to cry on perhaps, a steadfast friend.

"Do you want me to leave?" He questions, his voice soft, a husky whisper. He will leave if she so wants, a simple yes, and he'll be gone. He will not leave if she doesn't want him to. This, in a sense, is how their argument went. He said he would stay, stay as long as she wanted. He could be a friend if Rexanna so desires, it just depends on if she wants a friend-- if she trusts Caleb enough to let him become a friend. Hell knows Caleb needs a friend.

The women in his life have all fucked him over, essentially. From Enna and Caleb going from fucking to cold shoulders and avoidment to Elsa and Caleb friendly sparring to Elsa being totally and unnecessarily questioning Caleb's morality, everyone had screwed him over. Maybe Caleb was the one who needed a steadfast. How fucked up is it that the cold and mysterious brute, really and truly just wants a friend? Then again, is it that had to believe?

@Rexanna sorry for wait <3

My face stayed buried in the snow as I felt the earth shake beneath the weight of the creature before me. It felt like an eternity before I heard his voice again. He asked if I wanted him to leave which was the last question I was expecting, to be entirely honest. I wasn’t even sure where to begin to answer that. Yes I wanted him to leave because I was tired of putting him through so much emotion because of me. No, I didn’t want him to leave because I wanted him near.

I wanted to feel his touch to make sure he was even real anymore. I wanted to be sure this wasn’t just a cruel trick my mind was playing on me that Caleb would just appear out of the thick of snow and apologize. It would make a damn good trick though, really. I couldn’t handle the idea of it being a lie so I did my best, hiding in the snow to try and enjoy the moment that he was here and perhaps not nearly as upset with me as he had been in the past. But I was stuck in this rut between Tembovu and Caleb and my heart seared with pain every time I thought of one of them. As if my heart was slowly ripping itself into two with each face of a creature who cared for me that I had lied to in the hopes of keeping them both close. I know it was unrealistic, but that seemed to be who I was.

Shaking my head in the snow, I lifted it lightly so it raised itself above the ivory blanket. Blue orbs gazing up to see his face just inches above my back, I could feel his whiskers ever so slight against my pelt. The feeling causing a large amount of tremors to ripple through the golden cream. I wasn’t sure what to say to him, I wasn’t sure if I should even say anything at all. Less is more, right? All I needed was someone who understood me and it almost seemed as though I wouldn’t ever find that here. Everyone thought I was someone else, which is what I wanted originally. But now I yearned for the thought of people knowing me for who I really was. Perhaps all my ‘friends’ would leave once they knew. Might be better off that way.

Against my better judgement, I swung my head around to face him. My muzzle mere inches away from his fetlocks. I moved my head a bit closer, my whiskers gently brushing against his legs and hooves in a silently serene moment before I looked up at him once more. “I… I don’t want you to leave Caleb.” I said, exhausted and freezing in the cold. “I don’t blame you if you wanted to ignore me and pretend nothing happened.” I paused sighing. “But I do want you to know that I’m sorry.

Yes perhaps it was a bit much, all of this self-pity. It wasn’t without good reasoning though. I needed someone to understand me, to understand who I was and what I had done in my short life. I wanted them to know I wasn’t at all who they thought I was and pray to the gods that they’d stay regardless of it.

you're the lucky ones.

Rexanna
Image Credits!

@Caleb It’s okay love <3 let’s put that table to work! :D