Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
Remembering the wars we've fought
as children, aged ones, newborn sons
We can't forget the lives we've lost,
to celebrate those won.

Evening arrived quietly. The aurora basin shone brightly above, outside the Haruspex's cave, and spilled faint traces of colorful light into the cavern. It bounced off the walls and reflected in the mirror and the last vestiges of Frostfall's icy covering.

Ashamin stood alone in it, more vibrant than ever before.

The fight with the Bear God had been hard on him. It was all about success and fall, and the haruspex was unable to escape its memory. Now, with his left fore and neck blood-red and scarred, he was marked for eternity. The injury still ached--the bloody swath still felt like a burn.

He was alone because Lochan had been sent out on a task for the sake of the gathering to come. With Birdsong in full force, the cold dulled and the greenery rising, Ashamin felt safe sending his companion out on his own. Lochan was a wild creature, after all, and the Haruspex had made no attempts at taming him. He had simply asked him for a favor: to deliver six or so small scraps of bark, with the symbol of an eye scratched upon them with the charcoal of Frostfall's fire, to various members of the Basin. Whoever followed Lochan back, whoever came, would come: Ashamin was there, standing firm.

He was there, a statue in red, gold, and monochrome. He was watching, dark eyes narrowed, long tail snaking across the cave floor, and draped in stained white silk.

The haruspex was beginning to wonder if he'd ever be able to move.

""
ashamin & lochan
image credits

This is a history recording lesson for the Visionary rank! It is open and welcome to all, but those in the class ( @Eden & @Öde ) are most encouraged to come. This will cap at 6, including Ashamin, but if you are of the visionary class and don't get to join before that cap an exception will be made for you. Lochan has been sent out with small "invitations" that can be used to justify your character coming to the cave, if you would like to include him in your posts. Ashamin will post again to start things off in 72 hours, or when the cap is reached.

This will be part IC and part OOC--there will be a first round of simply introduction, and after that point Ashamin will introduce the subject for those in attendance to record and each character can contribute to the group discussion. Each player should include OOC one paragraph written about the historical event, and at the end we should have a completed "story" for the Basin to keep.

Keep in mind that all characters are also invited to ask anything of Ashamin at this time, and he will do his best to answer. Please remember to record this as a rank task at rank task reporting and in the Aurora Basin Contest after your post in the second round. The list of possible rank tasks that apply to this can be found in the contest under the opportunity list.

Please try to post promptly so we can keep this moving. 48 hours would be ideal, and consider that you may be skipped if you don't reply.

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
It had been a rather quiet day. I hadn’t done much other than explore around the Basin a bit, trying to keep close to home. Trying to keep my mind off of things. Though it was hard to ignore the things that have resemblance in your surroundings. It was difficult, seeing the snow in the Basin at times. The way everything moved about reminded me much of home. The home I had for such a short time. I had spent so long trying to do things to forget what happened in my past and be a different person, but it seems all those attempts were spoiled with the events at hand.

A small figure caught my attention as it seemed to approach me. A little deer like creature that looked slightly familiar. I couldn’t remember where I had seen them other than Thranduil’s companion and the little creature that had just hatched when I last met Ashamin. As the creature approached closer, carrying little trinkets with him was when I finally recognized him. He was Ashamin’s companion! What was he doing here without him and approaching me? Was something wrong with Ashamin? I glanced around briefly searching for the stag I had met a few times but felt quite comforted by, but saw nothing that relaxed me at all.

That was when the little beast came closer, he handed me a little piece of bark with an eye on it. I’ll have to admit, I was extremely curious. Did this mean that Ashamin was planning something? Was it another event like beforehand? I wouldn’t mind seeing him once again. That’s when I decided to follow the creature after thanking him kindly for the gift.

Upon arriving in Haruspex’s cave, I glanced around briefly. I hadn’t ever visited here before so everything was fairly new to me. I spotted Ashamin standing still, almost fake. I approached gently, carrying the piece of bark close to me as my blue sights stayed glued to the male. “Ashamin are you alright, friend?” My voice was gentle as I gazed upon the creature that seemed to have changed a lifetime in the time it took me to realize who I truly was.

the dim lit peacocks in the trees are hiding their eyes and their beauty, like me.

Rexanna
Image Credits!

@Ashamin
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Eden Posts: 56
Absent Abyss atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 7
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy

E D E N

The evening colors of the day spilled upon the mare's coat, painting her vaguely opalescent fur in the soft hues that the dying light fed the land. She made her ascent to the Basin slow, taking her time to observe her surroundings to the best of her ability. She was successful in remembering how to get other places from the Basin, but no so much getting back. It all looked so different when reversed.
When the mare reached cooler air she figured she was heading in the right direction. When she found the ocean she realized she was mistaken in this thinking. Panic filled her body instantaneously. What if she would be stuck there forever? What if she never made it back to the Basin? Would the herd look for her?
The fem began to pace, trying to concentrate her thoughts. She didn't even know what direction was north anymore. Figuring that much out seemed like a solid plan. Eden looked all around her to figure out which direction she had come from. But then she saw it. Her jaw dropped, her limbs frozen in their place.

It was the magical smoking deer thing.

She recalled seeing one before, trailing the Lord Thranduil. This one was different, though. Regardless, she had seen this one before as well. It was much smaller then, but it was a distinctive member of it's breed. It approached carrying a scroll with the imprint of an eye on it. The only reason Eden didn't run away from the magical smoking deer thing was because she was frozen with fear. It didn't seem hostile, though. She blinked, and took the scroll. The magical smoking deer then began to walk off. 
Panic consumed her once again. It was in the Basin the last time she had seen it so wouldn't it making sense that that's where it was going? Right? 
Eden was getting desperate. She didn't have anything else to do about her lost situation, so she reluctantly trailed after the magical smoking deer thing. It turned out to be a pretty good call. They ended up back at the Basin, at the cave where Eden had first seen the magical smoking deer thing as well. 
There stood a horse she knew and a horse she didn't. Eden gave the magical smoking deer thing her thanks for leading her home (and for not disintegrating her with whatever powers it wields) before approaching the others. The golden mare, Rexanna, was greeting the other horse. Eden assumed him to be an ally. She approached quietly, coming up to Rexanna's side. Her presence set Eden at ease immediately. "Hi Rexanna, nice to see you again," Eden greeted the mare with a nicker before turning to the black and white stallion. He had splotches of red across his coat that Eden found intriguing. The horse seemed familiar. Perhaps he owned the magical smoking deer thing..she wasn't sure, she hadn't taken into account any of the other horses that night. 
"Greetings," she spoke in a friendly tone to the stallion, "I'm Eden."

"blah blah blah."

whoops looks like I wrote a novel..I've just missed Eden ok ^^;
[Image: 55e3948091bdb]
please tag eden in all posts

Öde Posts: 145
Aurora Basin Disciple atk: 5 | def: 10 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: 4.5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Blu

It hurt.

It always hurt on nights like these, but especially now that he carried more wounds, testament to the folly of fighting a god. Without the excitement and the glory of battle, all Öde was left with was the pain. He felt it stretched taut along his nape and left shoulder, a kiss from the Moon (how fitting) and her murderer. New on this evening, was the burn that flared across his chest and his back, favors from the Bear; he did not delight in them now.

Scars revitalized by the moonlight, which was a fair trade he supposed for being able to carve his cadaver back into being every time he suffered an untimely demise. This was the repercussion for mimicking gods - this was why he'd do more than imitate one day.
One day...

Noise near his cave entrance caused the young stud's head to turn, blood red eyes glowering through the darkness he huddled within. With consistent pain to endure until dusk, Öde was less than his usual mannered self, and for the sake of his own relationships, however thin and few they were, he hid away to preserve some notion of his reputation. Unfortunately, when the moon hung in full bosom, her children often like to dance; so Öde was invited.

The eye stared back at him tauntingly from the smoothed bit of bark..

Grunting dismissively Öde gathered himself in both body and mind. The deer had already left, but he knew the way. Slowly, oh so slowly, Öde made his way to the Haruspex fire. Each stride was a gentle nudge against his nerves, pain blossoming fresh every time his strides pulled the ruined fabric of his living corpse. Blood shone beneath the moonlight, the manifestation of his agony appearing where the scars normally lay, revealed as good as the day he earned it beneath the sterling glow of the night. grotesque bubbles of flesh rippled across his chest where he'd been burned, the boils and raw muscle exposed with yellowed hue and furious red tint. The scald against his back was pink and bare, his hair shorn away by the spittle. Gashes opened up like tiny mouths down his nape, dribbling crimson fluid like morbid words where the great Wildfire had slain him.

Still, as hideous as he appeared, as shaky as he stood, Öde forced a smile to the group as he drew upon it. Doing his best to shield himself still, he attempted to linger in the shadows (a difficult thing with fire light) so that his wounds might not look so fresh. Particularly with the delightful Rexanna in attendance; he still owed her a fight, though war was the last thing on his mind tonight (or perhaps the first, depending on your point of view).
He breathed slow and even, sucking it in with conscious attention because each expansion of his ribs was another trumpet of past deeds. He chose not to speak, though he doubted that would last long.
It was hard not to hate Ashamin more for this.

"Oblivion help me curb my ire," he prayed.

[:: [ Magic: DarkxLight (P) | able to live forever, though all pain is still felt and a killing blow will cause unconsciousness for several days as the body recovers ]
:: [ Restrictions | can be killed by complete decapitation only; recovering from an injury the scars are left and in moonlight the wounds are revealed as new; during a full and new moon they are felt as fresh ]
^ is what my post is referring to ;D Tonight happened to be a full moon!

I will try my best to respond quickly but a 48 hour limit is rather short =/ so I probably will need to be skipped often.]

THE GLASS IS HALF EMPTY
Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, including death - no decapitating.
Be aware active magic doesn't work in his vicinity due to his magic!

62.5/62.5 HP
Helovia Hard Mode

Caleb Posts: 135
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1hh :: 4yo :: Orangmoon HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Henrietta :: Weimaraner :: None baylee

The gathering is small, but unusually too large for a regular conversation, thus Caleb deduces that it is a meeting of some sort. The curious brute moves closer, something constricting deep within his chest when he sees a familiar golden-dappled hide. She was the reason he was a weird combination of angry and depressed, a concoction of emotions all too volatile to handle. His silver eyes see Eden, the friendly mare he had encountered in the Frozen Arch. She stood beside Rexanna. Caleb's ears flicked forward as he moved beside Eden (opposite of Rexanna), halting close enough to be friendly, but far enough for it not to be creepy. There was a dark boy lingering around, the glint of blood on his hide was noticed, but Caleb heeded no attention to it, he was used to seeing blood.

"Eden, it's been some time." He smirked, this devilish smirk brightening his gloomy features marginally. Then it dawned on him, Caleb hadn't done his share from their game, he had lost. Maybe that's why there was a smirk, because he wanted to know what Eden had planned. "I believe I'm yours for twenty fours hours," he whispered, only for her ears. He even moved his snout closer to her, just so she would be the only one to hear. Nothing necessarily inappropriate was going to go down (despite how much he wished it would, Eden was alluring, more so than most he'd seen), simply one platonic friend becoming another's personal servant for 24 hours. He turned his cranium to Ashamin, who seemed to lead this. None of the horses here were of his rank, so he felt obligated to ask, "Ashamin," his head dipped respectfully. "Might I listen in?" He asked, his voice strong and certain. He wasn't timid about asking to stay. He was part of this herd, shouldn't he stay?

Despite his focus seemingly being only on Eden, Rexanna lingered in the back of his mind. His skinny love with her had been fun, it could've been better, lasted longer. They could've set the world on fire. He shook his head, clearing his mind of the mare and all excess thought. Well, almost all excess thought. Eden still floated in his mind, but that was a mare he didn't mind thinking about. Perhaps they could meet after this meeting concludes and talk, catch-up? Truthfully, Caleb and Eden weren't really friends, but they weren't strangers. Surely she wouldn't mind talking to him. The hybrid focuses on Ashamin solely now, wondering what this meeting is about. More like, what has the warrior just walked into.

"blah blah blah."
@Eden you were very mentioned here! also, i figured eden won the game thing they did bc i dropped the thread accidentally so caleb didn't answer? XD so if you want you can say eden won and stuff :D

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
She can’t sleep. The ocean mare lies on the floor of her little cave, her neck stretched out and her white eyes looking out to the sky. Her sisters are playful tonight. They dance with the light of the mountains, bright and colorful, and Tiamat wonders how everything could be so beautiful, when just a few hours ago it had all been so terrible. Memories of the battle still thrash inside her mind. Others had made talk of other wars, other Gods, and somehow she knows she will follow them. Where there is violence, there is bloodshed, and she cannot sit idly by, knowing the possibility of another slaughter. She needs to be there to help the wounded…but tonight she loses herself in play with her sister stars.

There is a rustling outside of her cave that manages to catch the blue mare’s attention, and slender ears curve forward as she raises her head from the stone floor. Shifting her weight and gathering her legs underneath her, Tiamat rises to her hooves just as a leggy little figure dances to her cavern’s entrance. The creature is silhouetted against the dancing colors of the aurora borealis, but she recognizes him anyway. “Lochan!” She crows the little cerndyr’s name happily, lowering her muzzle to greet him and noticing that he is offering her something. Taking it from him, she looks at it—a piece of bark, with an eye drawn onto it—and takes it to be an invitation from Ashamin.

“Well let’s get going then!” She laughs brightly, walking alongside Lochan and towards the Haruspex’s cave. It doesn’t take long for them to round the banks of her brother lake and come into sight of the firelit den, several shadows already outlined by the fire’s orangey glow. Eager to meet more of her fellow herd mates and stand in the comfort of the hearth’s warmth, her pace quickens, white eyes glancing around at the group. “Hello everyone,” she smiles merrily to each of them, happy to see them well, before her gaze falls on her dear friend.

Her eyes widening before her brow pinches together in confusion, Tiamat flicks her lion tail anxiously out behind her. “Ashamin, what happened to you? Are you all right?” He is more colorful than ever before! Red now stains to match the brilliant gold of his wounds, and although it doesn’t seem to be blood (any blood she is familiar with, at least), the black and white stallion doesn’t seem to be entirely at ease. As a healer, the intuition of her instincts swells within her, and calls her to action. She can’t just stand by and watch someone suffer if it is within her power to help them; just as a warrior knows the call of battle in their bones, so does she know the role of mending in her heart.

However, as her eyes flicker with concern from her friend, she notices someone else—another stallion standing among them, the light of the mountains playing across the curve of his body and glistening off the surface of liquid. Blood“Oh my goodness,” Tiamat gasps, moving to the tall stallion’s side. To say he is wounded would be an understatement—he’s nearly mangled, wounds fresh and bloody, a ghastly sight that nearly makes the ocean mare wince in sympathy. “Whathow?” She isn’t exactly sure what to say. From the looks of it, he shouldn’t even be alive, much less be able to stand there so nonchalantly.

“Uhm, here the blue unicorn arches her neck around, her lips fumbling through her hair until she finds a leaf from the comfrey root, an herb that soothes pain. After the battle of the Gods, she had taken to weaving several herbs in her hair, much like she had done with her seaweed, so that she might always have some medicinal tools with her. She offers it to the large black stallion, her eyes skirting concernedly over his wounds. “It will help with the pain,” Tiamat assures him, although from what she can see, he will need much more than a little herb.

notes; hope it's okay that I pop her in here!:) 
“Speech.”
And at last I see the light.
image credits | @Ashamin @Öde
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Easier to be alone and
simpler to keep the world
apart, but nothing I can ever say
will make me a beast of unburden

I'll never again be on my own in the world

As the night drew on and Ashamin continued his vigilant watch, the cold returned with a biting ferocity that reminded him of Frostfall's bright mornings. The haruspex kicked a few more logs to the center of the cave with reluctance and annoyance, allowing them to spark with a few strikes of his tail.

So much for spring cleaning.

But as the company arrived he knew it had been a wise choice to make the cave appear more welcoming, for he on his own was no cheery sight. Rexanna was first to arrive, and her concern was palpable. Still Ashamin only smiled, drawing close to greet her with a touch of his cheek to hers and a gentle, easy exhalation.

"It is good to see you again," he murmured quietly, absently, and with his eyes still trained on the door and waiting for Lochan's return. It was a white mare who appeared instead, apparently a friend of Rexanna's but not one he'd had the pleasure of meeting before. "And good evening, Eden," he started when the stranger introduce herself. Slowly he drifted towards her, offering his cheek to touch, thriving for a moment on the touch of so many after what felt like so long alone.

But before Ashamin could introduce himself, two others appeared. Ashamin would have smiled at the gathering, were he not too concerned with Öde's withering and bleeding appearance. Without hesitation the painted Haruspex rushed to Öde, his black eyes masking deep worry and his nostrils flaring. With every step the bear tooth in his mane jostled about, striking his neck and reminding him of its presence. Öde had been at the fight as well, but surely he hadn't been able to survive this long since then with such sustained injuries. No, this had to be from something else.

When Caleb asked if he could join, introducing Ashamin to Eden where the haruspex had failed to, the buck only nodded swiftly and reached to touch his nose to Caleb's withers, ushering him further in. It was Öde whom the haruspex needed to focus on.

"Emissary, come in, please. Let me know if I can aid you," Ashamin said, whispering the last part close to Öde's ear, perhaps even reaching to touch it, so no one else could hear. Though they had not spent much time together in the past, Ashamin knew many of the Basin's stallions bore too much pride to ask for help, and he suspected the same to be true of the injured beast before him.

Tiamat was the last to arrive, and Lochan followed her closely. The haruspex was relieved for many reasons: the first, to see Tiamat at all; the second, that his companion had returned; and the third, that a healer was present. Perhaps the kind scourge of the ocean could offer Öde some relief.

And though she too seemed concerned for Ashamin, the buck only shrugged it off. He nickered, extending his face to hers, but did not go into the details of his latest supernatural mark. It was a tale for later in the evening, if at all. "I am fine, Tiamat, don't worry," he insisted before turning to look back to Öde with concern. But he needn't say anything before she was tending to him with her usual care and attentiveness, and so he wandered back towards the middle of the cave and the fire he'd started, Lochan following eagerly in his wake.

"Good evening, all, and welcome," he started with a nervous sort of cough. His voice was not projected, for it echoed in the cave and the crowd was small, but he felt louder still than he was used to being. And he was nervous, too, for his emissary. It was odd to continue the lesson with one so injured, but Tiamat was doing all the could and Ashamin knew there was nothing more he could do to help. "I've sent Lochan to gather you here in hopes that we can record some of the Aurora Basin's history and discuss the strange events as of late. Change is coming to Helovia, and swiftly; I feel I would be remiss in not speaking with my herd of this."

He felt nervous, still. As he looked out over the small group that had come to join him, he felt almost strangled by their presence. It was his duty to talk with them about this, about all that had happened, but it was not his desire.

The scared, still hurting part of him just wished to hide alone in the shadow and face the death of a god and the ruin of the self in peace.

ashamin & lochan
image credits

Thank you all for joining! After some misunderstanding and miscommunication, its been decided that you have 96 hours to reply to this post for the second round. There is no post order, but please post only once each. If you are unable to post this round, you can jump back in the next one.

We will be recording important events of Frostfall 6 and the Bear God Fight. As this is meant to record the Basin's history rather than the site's, please focus on members of the Aurora Basin. And for added fun, don't write about your own character!

If you wish to write more than one paragraph you may, but just make sure there's enough left for everyone else to write and leave it off so the next person can continue directly from what you wrote. Please the OOC section below your post in plain text format. Note that you are not restricted to writing about things only your character experienced, and you should do your best to keep events in order. Please link to threads you referred to at the bottom of your OOC portion.

Since much of your post will go into the OOC section, don't feel pressured to write the lengthiest IC posts of all time. I'm starting off with a very small and nondescript paragraph just to get you all going, please feel free to write more in your own. Don't feel as though you have to get through all of the season in this round, we'll keep going for a few until we've covered it. If you have any questions please skype me or PM me on Ashamin's account. :)

@Rexanna @Eden @Öde @Caleb @Tiamat

Non-comprehensive list of ideas to get started:
The Herd Meeting
Promotions and changes in rank
Hotaru and Thranduil becoming Lord and Lady
The Results of the Mirror Reading (and absence of Time God)
Herd Items crafted
Various storms/weather in general
NPCs that visited the Basin
Lessons and meetings held
Visits with other Herd Leads/diplomacy/alliance statuses
New Members that joined
SWP Dreams
Frozen time
The Rift & riftians
Bear God Fight

_____

Helovia's sixth year began with a rush of cold. Frostfall came swiftly and without mercy, blanketing the Aurora Basin in ice and snow, locking its inhabitants away in their caves. Fires were started to keep the cold at bay and the hot springs became a frequented site, but nothing could protect the herd from the frost. Were it not for the unfreezing lake, there would have been nothing but snow for miles. Ophelia the Forsaken had left the herd just before the new year, and the Aurora Basin swiftly came under new rule. A herd meeting was called by Deimos the Reaper to announce the news and introduce the Aurora Basin to their new Lord and Lady...

Ophelia's Departure: Into Dust
Herd Meeting: Saints Just Swimming in Our Own Sins Again

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark

My attention was stuck on Ashamin, too far in concern to notice Eden appear. The ivory mare coming up to my side still didn’t sway my attention to her, until she spoke. Turning my head to face her, I offered her a gentle smile and a dip of my crown. “Hello again, Eden. I hope you’ve been enjoying your home.” My voice was gentle but held a hint of the recollection of how she was craving a home that I did my best to provide for her. Even though my home and world were cracking at the seams, I hoped that she had found everything she had wanted with this land.

Then Ode appeared. He was beaten, worn, tired, exhausted. I didn’t know much of this creature, but I did know that he was playful and kind. Seeing him in this much pain actually hurt me seeing him like that. I moved from Eden’s side over to the stag, motioning for the darkened beast to join our forming circle, yet before I could do anything for him, I noticed a sight I had wished not to see in a lifetime; especially in my home.

Caleb appeared, approaching the Haruspex circle and approaching Eden, entirely ignoring me. My concerned eyes turned more into confusion and frustration that he dared to come here. Who did he think he was? Was he part of our herd now? How did he manage to get by Deimos? How could the Lord of this unicorn only herd let this deceiver through? I huffed a sigh, peeling my gaze from the sight of him, still appalled that he could even be here and be okay after everything. I didn’t understand it.

Then Tiamat appeared, a unique creature that I hadn’t the pleasure to meet yet. She was quick to get to Ode and assist and I offered her a gentle smile of thanks before making my way back toward the fire, placing myself as far away from Caleb as possible; offering a small shy smile to Eden that basically summed up my feelings. ‘Sorry, I’d love to stay next to you but that winged fucker is plaguing that side of the fire.’

As Ashamin began to move to greet people, I returned the touch of the cheek with a smile. “It’s good to see you too, my friend. I hope we can catch up soon.” Perhaps I could speak with him about the issue I was having between Caleb and Tembovu? Yeah, that’d be a good idea. Get a second opinion and hope it helps. I sighed slightly to myself watching the monochrome stag greet each and every one. His worry for Ode was there as well, when we were all equally just as worried about Ashamin.

When he reached the fire once more and began to speak of the things that happened in Frostfall, I couldn’t agree more. Things were strange here in Helovia, and things had been changing and adjusting rapidly. Stepping forward, I decided to speak first to try and get things rolling. Clearing my throat gently, I completely ignored Caleb as I glanced around the grouping. “Change is occurring, though personally I cannot tell if it’s a good change yet. So to start off on a good note, I’d like to mention the Winter Wonderland events hosted by Hidden Falls. I didn’t get a chance to participate, but I did hear many good things about it. There were a variety of events everyone could take part in. This winter was quite a brutal one and seemed to last forever with blizzards and such. I think it was nice to have something like that to keep one’s mind off things.” My voice was calm but held a hint of frustration toward the end as my eyes passed over Caleb once more. I wasn’t sure what else to add, but I had hoped that another would speak up about the events or add something else. Suddenly under everyone’s eyes I felt quite small.

the dim lit peacocks in the trees are hiding their eyes and their beauty, like me.

Rexanna
Image Credits!

@Eden

The new Lord and Lady had become Thranduil and Hotaru. This caused a huge amount of upset between Arah and the rest of the leads because she thought that Thran and Hotaru would make terrible leaders and inevitably ruin the Basin. Though, Thranduil didn’t do much to change her opinion and instead grew defensive and upset at Arah, making the whole herd meeting full of awkwardness. After this, Deimos had defended his stance as the Lord in making sure Thranduil knew how to act as such. Hotaru defended her position that despite being young, she could prove her worth to the herd. During this time, many of the herds decided to get together to celebrate the Frostfall season with events and games to get to know one another now that all the herds have alliances with one another.

Herd Meeting: Saints just swimming in our sins again
Winter Wonderland Get Together! Winter Wonderland

I HOPE I DID IT RIGHT.
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

prissy

E D E N

More and more horses flooded into the meeting, causing Eden to grow more and more nervous. What set her at ease was Rexanna. Rexanna returned her greeting despite her attention being focused mostly on the black and white stallion before them. Rexanna seemed greatly concerned for the wellbeing of the stallion. He seemed to be tired, but that was all. He had what looked to be blood upon his coat, but they were not dripping nor were they turning brown. Drying blood turns brown, therefore Eden inferred the stallion had just been born with unusual red markings that happened to look like blood. 
"I am," Eden replied to Rexanna before the stallion spoke to her. She gave him a respectful nod before he moved on to greet others. It was then that a familiar voice filled Eden's ears. "Eden, it's been some time." It was Caleb. Eden turned her head, smiling devilishly up at the stallion, remembering their previous encounter. "Nice to see you again, Caleb," She stated. He then whispered into her ear, referencing the game that he had lost. She smiled and nodded, but didn't say anything. She didn't want to be raising suspicions with so many other horses around. 
Once their group stopped gaining new members the black and white stallion, who Eden had learned was called Ashamin from listening to others, spoke to all of them. They would be recording the Basin's history?! Eden stayed silent as Rexanna spoke of some festival. Eden didn't have much to say, she had spent most of her time in Frostfall merely exploring and meeting new horses. That wasn't something that was considered historically significant. So Eden stayed silent, listening to what the others had to say. 

The festivities of the Winter Wonderland events gave great joy to the Basin members who triumphed in their events. The Basin seemed to flourish at a time when all else was dying. This time of peace and serenity was short lived for the Basin, however, when the Time God mysteriously left. When Ashamin, the Basin's Haruspex, Thranduil, Deimos, and Odë, an emissary, looked to the mirror for guidance they were shown bloodshed and turbulence in their future. Ashamin deduced that all they could do was prepare for the great changes that were about to take place. 

I tried ;-; I hope this is okay!

Winter Wonderland
Ruby Gaze and Mirror Spark

Blu

Their eyes inevitably turned to him, and there he found the look he feared most - sympathy. Growing uncomfortable beneath their stares he shifted his weight, feeling itchy, and hot, and annoyed. He was beginning to regret his decision of arriving; perhaps this was not his best introduction of the poorer side of himself. Until now he had never needed to reveal the monster under the bed, but until now work had never mandated he labor in the dark - such was the job of spies.

Of course Öde was not against the darkness. Rather the opposite he embraced her mysterious folds and reveled in her secrets. His god after all, was a shadowy beast that thrived in the night, when terrors were most apt to addle the mind. Still, that was a different kind of work than this, and regardless of the hour, there was a fair many eyes left looking.

Ashamin's own shape was nothing petty to look at, though a fair bit further healed than Öde's, especially on this night. He thought, now that he saw the wounds, that the Haruspex had been on the battlefield after all. Then again Öde hadn't been paying attention to much besides the gods. Ashamin moved towards him, much to his chagrin. As ever the Haruspex was nothing but accommodating, which only intensified how weak Öde felt in comparison. Rankled, the stallion stayed where he stood, watching the Haruspex move on to another denizen beneath a heavy brow.

Grunting and grumbling under his breath Öde didn't see the arrival of the sea-marked mare until she was well upon him, aid on 'hand'. Her questions tumble out and Öde levels her with a warning stare, but like most healers she seems unaffected by the cross natures of their patients. Luckily she seemed to drop caring about the whys and the hows and instead fumbled on her body for a sprig of an herb, handing it to him with a gentleness that reminded him of Lena. Surprised his eyes widened, his head lifting, and the movement causing him to flinch. Hissing out a breath he snatched suddenly at the offer of respite, tastelessly consuming the plant, such was his haste.

Its properties would take some time to affect him, but he was grateful for the assumption that the would. His other ability made healing impossible, and as such he mostly dismissed the doctors because they couldn't help him. If he had paid any mind to Lena's teachings though, perhaps he would have though of more homeopathic remedies before now. "Thank you," he mumbled as an aside to Tiamat.

THE GLASS IS HALF EMPTY

Lord and Lady were not the only rank changes that occurred. Ashamin was named the new Haruspex, the choice favored by the God of Time with a show of sparks. Though, it seemed the favor was to end there, for when the dedicated Haruspex peered into the mirror, it was not the face of his god which he saw. Perhaps this was the deity's retaliation for the failure of Haruspex's past, or perhaps he was simply too preoccupied as gods are oft to be. The fortune was a riddle, but much was soon to be made clear - Frostfall of this year was going to be brutal.

saints just swimming in our sins again
Ruby Gaze and Mirror Spark

Rather than let themselves be snowed in, the new leads headed south, which now with the clarity of birdsong, may have been an attempt to escape the horrible weather rather than a mere diplomacy stead as it guised itself as. The Throat, more isolated than any herd geographically, met the pair of Deimos and Hotaru with their wild fire of a sultan, Gaucho. As was feared, Gaucho's recent alliance with the Basin had been rooted mostly in Ophelia rather than the icy mountains, so with her absence in the frozen hold, Gaucho's allegiance swayed. Thankfully the Basin leads are apt with their tongues, and so a truce was struck for the time being, with promises of not stealth or battle, and open trade between the herds. In the next season the leads would reconvene to determine the true depth of the armistice between the herds.

Substitutes for Sin

D: I hope it doesn't seem like I stepped on your toes Eden/Prissy, the mirror thread was one of the few events I was actually involved in so I wanted to throw in some more spin/details ;D

62.5/62.5 HP
Helovia Hard Mode

The large black stallion eyes Tiamat for a short moment, the stare of his red eyes heavy and piercing in the shadows of night, but the ocean mare doesn’t flinch in her persistence to help him. She holds the herb out to him, white eyes unwavering in their pea. The stallion’s hesitancy is not wholly surprising. They are strangers, after all, and while that is a little fact that is easily brushed aside by herself, she recognizes that it isn’t so simple for everyone. Trusting isn’t always easy (she knows this, but doesn’t understand it, as childlike as she is with her own heart), and it wouldn’t be the first time that help has been refused, much to her sorrow.

Fortunately, the large stallion doesn’t refuse such aid now—he snatches the sprig from her lips, murmuring an off-handed thanks which makes her smile. “You’re very welcome,” her white eyes glisten from beneath the winkling of her sister stars, the delicate lines of her features outlined by the fire’s glow, “let me know if I can help you with anything else.” Her gaze trails from his face to the rest of his body again, concerned for the ghastly state of his wounds, but she is smart enough not to push him. He took the comfrey root, and that’s good enough for now.

Giving him a final, crooked grin, Tiamat shifts her attention to Ashamin when he speaks, fluted ears pricking intently forward. Her heartbeat picks up in anticipation when he mentions the Basin’s history. Although she knows that being a healer has been—and always will be—her true calling, the ocean mare’s thirst for knowledge is unmistakable. She loves the mountainous valley with her whole heart, but realizes now that there is a lot that she doesn’t know about its history. She is excited to remedy that.

As it is, change is inevitable—it is as much a part of life as anything else. Like the constant changing of seasons, or the steady rush and retreat of the ocean, so do all of them need change (hopefully for the better, of course). “There is always hope,” the blue mare murmurs, almost to herself, not sure if anyone else could hear her. And where there is hope, good things cannot be far. She believes this simple, heartening credence to be true. Tiamat knows nothing else but to hope for the best, to believe in the best, and to look for the best—in herself, everyone, and everything. And so it is with a bright, glowing smile that she parts her lips, her white eyes settling gently on each of the others. “It was a stormy, special night…”

“Speech.”
image credits | @Ashamin

Late into the night, on the anniversary of his birthday, the Aurora Basin’s Haruspex was to experience something that would change his life forever: the hatching of his companion. From the egg emerged a dark little cerndyr, whom Ashamin named Lochan. Not long after, the pair was joined by a mysterious and fantastical entity called the Watcher. The Watcher gifted Ashamin with a tesla coil to decorate his tail. Members of the Basin then began to trickle into the Haruspex’s cave, drawn in by the fire’s warmth from the night’s winter storm and congratulating the newly bonded. Before long, with the crowd clustering together against the cold, they shared in the telling of stories. Round the fire they told of wonders, spinning together words of both imagination and experience, winter’s cold bite soon forgotten as the night drew on.

My Little Eye

The haruspex retreated, as if shy, to let the others converse. But it was only Rexanna and Tiamat who spoke, both with bright feminine voices.

The two stallions and the stranger were silent in an almost reluctant way, Ashamin thought. Perhaps they were simply waiting for everyone else to talk... he wasn't sure. Ashamin listened carefully while watching his companion more absently, careful to observe every delicate movement the young cerndyr made. It was becoming quickly clear to Ashamin that Lochan was far more perceptive than he was himself. He had taken a lot of cues from the young thing, as of late.

And it was only thanks to Lochan's nudging that he remembered to speak at all. His large ears drew first back and then forward, brushing against the Bear God's tooth with the subtle movement and revealing it from where it was hidden beneath the shadow of his thin mane. He forced himself to respond, smiling as if it were not a pain to put on such a front of being perfectly alright.

"Ah yes, the Winter Wonderland. I was in attendance, it was a warm gathering," Ashamin said with a flicker of his long tail and a rattle of the stone in his horn. He thought of Maren, the diviner, and how much he'd wanted to say to her. He had seen her again in the wake of the Bear God's tumultuous downfall. Had she received a vision like his, or had she been unwarned?

Tiamat's words, her insistence that they remain hopeful and her trailing into a tale, were distracting enough that he couldn't pay much attention to their continuation. But hope. When she was finished he nodded, stepping closer to her familiar frame. "Yes, it is important we keep our spirits high," he said distractedly, painfully. He could think now only of the pain of seeing her again, after dying. She brought him so much joy and worry, all at once.

"Eden," he said, turning to the white mare, "Ode--how have you two found the season?"

ashamin & lochan
image credits

You have 96 Hours to reply to this post
Same as before, no post order, feel free to jump in again if you missed the last round. Sorry this is a little rushed, I'm swamped RN and about to go on absent.
@Tiamat @Eden @Caleb @Rexanna @Öde

The following have already been covered:
The Herd Meeting
Promotions and changes in rank
Hotaru and Thranduil becoming Lord and Lady
The Results of the Mirror Reading (and absence of Time God)
Various storms/weather in general
NPCs that visited the Basin
Winter Wonderland
Lessons and meetings held
Visits with other Herd Leads/diplomacy/alliance statuses
SWP Dreams
Frozen time

The following (and more) have not been covered:
New Members that joined
The Rift & riftians
Bear God Fight
(feel free also to elaborate on frozen time and SWP dreams with specific threads)

MY PART:

But there were others in the Basin gathering together, and not just to celebrate. D'Artagnan the Nightshade called forth his soldiers, claiming his new role as general with confidence. Each of the warriors and the herd's new corporals Ki'irha and Siala presented themselves and stated their intentions. The gathering showed strength, and gave hope that should any conflict such as that shown by the mirror arise, the Aurora Basin would be well defended. Deimos, too, deigned to visit the soldiers and watch as D'Artagnan announced an upcoming series of patrols.

The Season May Pass but the Dream Doesn't Die

At the same time, the world of Helovia was beginning to feel strange. Many members of the Aurora Basin found themselves plagued with horrible or magnificent dreams. What was a common thread, however, was that each and every dream that was had felt incredibly realistic, regardless of its absurdity. It was as if time had frozen and put the herdlands and their inhabitants into a fitful sleep. In fact, it was a sign that all the Gods had left Helovia...

prissy

E D E N

Eden listened attentively to the others who spoke. Their cheery remarks on the season resonated with her. She felt guilt gnaw at her insides knowing she had done so little during Frostfall other than float around and meet new horses. Her productivity levels had been beyond low. 
The mare's guilt festered into ambition. She found eagerness within herself to be a part of her herd and contribute. She would use her subpar performance as tinder for the flame of motivation within her. She held back a grimace at this thought. 'Note to self: come up with better analogies and metaphors,' Eden thought, flicking her golden gaze to the sky and began to come up with new figures of speech and whatnot.
'Water for my tree of motivation? Ugh, no.'

"Yes, it is important we keep our spirits high,"

'Stars for my empty night sky? Eh, it would work better in a different situation...'

"Eden,"

Her stomach dropped. She had barely been paying attention the past few moments. Was it obvious? Her golden gaze fell upon Ashamin, his weary demeanor causing her to think more about him than the question he asked moments later. This was only partially due to her reluctance about answering the question. Honesty seemed to be the best way to go.
"I found Frostfall to be delightfully alive despite the land's deadly tendencies. The herd's numbers grew and I found quite a few kindred spirits nestling within it," She stated simply. It was all she had. She could offer no more than a couple muses on friendship and snow. At least she had a whole lifetime to improve. That was the plan, anyway.

The Gods' disappearances were rivaled only by their own reappearances. When the time bubble encasing Helovia burst, the Basin awoke to find danger and surprises around every corner. The Gods' had brought with them unexplored lands and unfamiliar faces. The new terrain was called the Rift, those of the Rift were called riftians. The Rift was sick, and so were it's inhabitants. The new land was infected with corrupt Gods and monsters, the horses there suffering due to these savage beasts. They had developed strange coat colors and outlandish abilities from living in the diseased Rift. Fortunately, the Basin was there to help them get past their adversaries and be prospering new members of Helovia.

SWP :: First Contact

The ocean mare’s ears are tilted intently forward as the little meeting continues, trying not to glance too much at the large stallion standing next to her (even if the state of his wounds are impossible to forget, she will do her upmost best to respect his wishes). She listens, a shadow of a smile fluttering across her lips with mention of the Winter Wonderland. Tiamat had not been able to attend the merriments herself—too caught up at the time with her return to the Basin, and reacquainting herself with her beloved home—but she has heard nothing but glowing remarks of its festivities.

Her cheery grin falters for a moment when the painted stallion shifts closer to her, white eyes seeking his before her grin broadens again. A faint nod is given in agreement to his acknowledgement of hope. Tiamat does not know nearly all the things that weigh on her dear friend’s heart—but she knows that he has suffered substantially in the last few weeks, as most of them have. The nightmare they had shared, harrowing and haunting, she is sure it has not left him (as it had not left her). He had also been at the battle of the Bear—and although she had not witnessed the full extent of his injuries, the crimson stain on his neck does not speak of promising things.

Her heart goes out to him, to anyone, as is her wont, and such encourage is weaved into the curve her grin as it softens. It is then that Ashamin continues, pressing on with their meeting and inquiring of both the pale mare—Eden—and the black stallion standing next her—Öde, she now knows. Tiamat’s white eyes shift between the two of them before Eden speaks up. The ocean mare could say the same as her about the wintry season, even if these particular months had felt…off. It was beautiful, but…the light had not been without its darkness. “Helovia seemed to be suspended, lost,” Tiamat speaks up, her voice gradually becoming quieter as she casts a knowing, fearful glance to Ashamin.

We seemed to be lost…”

“Speech.”
image credits | @Ashamin

With the Gods of Helovia gone, and its inhabitants left in a bubble of frozen time, alternate realities began to surface in their mortal minds. Restless dreams, some felt every bit as tangible as the outside world. It was a strange and fantastical occurrence. So twisting and harrowing were these dreams, that many of the people of Helovia didn’t even realize that they were caught in this peculiar limbo, until they were allowed to wake up. It was different for everyone. Some, it was realizations of the heart, of a long-lost love they hadn’t realized they had. For others, it was the reliving of their haunting horrors—or the discovering of new ones. In any case, it would seem that any experience would follow them, poignant in the burst and continuation of reality.

Caveman in a Cave
The Funeral
Psychotic Minds
Like lovers do
(The above are only the only Basin dreams that I can remember, I might have missed some! Also, feel free to elaborate on a particular one if you wish, I just kinda lumped them all together xD)

Ashamin wasn't sure what he had expected. But he was too tired to keep up appearances, and he found himself discretely wrapping his own electric tail about his hind leg to send himself a shock. Unhealthy, perhaps, maybe even frightening, but subtle enough that his herdmates would likely not notice.

Lochan did, though. And the cerndyr let out a quiet low, cast a scared look towards Tiamat, Rexanna, those two whom he recognized from the day of his first hatching. If he'd had the ability, he would have cautioned his bonded to end this. As is, he could only flash Ashamin a flash of electric blue, a concerned mirroring of what was becoming all too common.

With a strained smile, Ashamin trained his gaze on Eden and ignored all others. One at a time, he told himself. "I'm glad to hear that," he told her quietly, sort of fakely. Good, then, she'd found the season pleasant. She'd somehow dodged the storms and depression that had wrecked him, avoided the nightmares and the horror of waking up to a Birdsong covered in a wash of blood.

Ashamin had to get out of this. He heard Tiamat vaguely, recognized that she too understood this suffering none of them could speak of. Yes, they had been lost. Weren't they still?

"I am glad you have all come tonight, I'm sorry we must all be so reticent. If you wish to take your leave, don't let an aching haruspex keep you here. There is a night to rest in and a day to come, soon, don't waste them," Ashamin advised idly, unable to survey his company properly.

So then, none of them would talk about all this horror. They'd just keep their mouths shut and pretend it wasn't happening? He should have been upset about such flagrant failure to mention the Bear God's encounter, but he was just too tired. They'd stay or they'd go. Maybe someone would really like to talk about it.

But he wasn't going to make them.

""

ashamin & lochan
image credits

You have 96 Hours to Respond to this Post
You need only respond with a regular post, I feel we can wrap this up and covered most of the topics. Feel free to have your character stay or go, this will continue as a regular thread from this point on. However if you do not wish to be a part of that continuing thread (perhaps none will) please post your character leaving, however briefly, so we don't have to just ignore you IC. You are welcome to ask Ashamin for a private meeting at this time and make a private thread.

Thank you all for participating and I look forward to seeing you next season for another lesson! I'm going to talk to herd leads about compiling this and putting it in the Secret Board somewhere.

@Eden @Tiamat @Rexanna @Caleb

FINAL PART:

The newcomers from the Rift did not come alone. It seemed that such portentous dreams and nightmares had been indicative of the chaos to come. The patron god of the Aurora Basin, the God of the Spark, dragged a land from the rift and with it some harmless stowaways. But they were already claimed by their own sick and twisted Bear God, who was willing to fight and die to keep them for himself. A battle began between the Bear God and God of the Spark, between Helovia and The Rift. Many from this foreign land chose to side with Helovia, however, for they despised their sick and cruel god.

The battle was bloody and many members of the Aurora Basin were injured, but all fought gloriously for their God and the first part of the war was then one. Helovia's fate was secured and the Bear God was reduced to battle trophies and a pool of blood that oozed into the falls. No one would forget the horror then, the sudden shock of Frostfall's end that introduced the Aurora Basin and Helovia to a very changed and violent Birdsong wind, sweeping in from the East.

SWP :: Gods do Die
SWP :: Gods do Die Part II
SWP :: Gods do Die Part III

The night wears on, the little gathering falling mostly quiet among themselves. The fire crackles and sizzles in the center of their circle, seeming to play with the light of the mountains, colors reaching and tagging each other through the darkness. The ocean mare’s gaze has fallen to watch the fire, trailing along the burning embers and up to the fiery pillars, ever moving and ever wild. It is beautiful, but Tiamat finds that she prefers the softer, kinder hues of the mountain’s light—the vibrant waves that play with her sisters stars.

Shifting her weight to a more comfortable position, the blue unicorn’s ears twist forward when Ashamin speaks up. Her eyes are soon to follow, resting softly on the lines of his face, the gnarled knots of the horn that trails down the bridge of his nose.

He dismisses them then—his voice is unmistakably fatigued, highlighting the weariness (sorrow?) in his features, crowned softly in the orange glow of the fire. The blue mare hesitates for a short moment, her lion tail swaying once behind her as her white eyes search his face, concern glistening in her gaze. Ashamin is one of her dearest friends—of course she worries for him, especially seeing him so weighted by the grief she can only manage a taste of, so heavy in comparison to his usual gentle self. Her heart hurts to see him in such a state. Even in her own sorrow, in her own fears, the innocence of her mind could not possibly comprehend what darkness might haunt him.

She only wants to see him smile again.

Exhaling a slow breath from her nostrils, Tiamat casts her eyes to the others—particularly towards Öde, where her gaze lingers worryingly over his ghastly wounds, concern budding for a moment on her lips—before she returns her attention to the Haruspex. The weight of her body is shifted forward before she extends a slender foreleg, walking closer to him and reaching out to brush his cheek softly. Her eyes seek the contrast color of his, the corners crinkling a little when she offers him a gentle smile.

“Thank you for the lesson,” her grin broadens. Tiamat would not have missed this for anything—healing has been (and always will be) the true calling of her heart, but the study of anything, the gathering of any knowledge, is something she delights in. She thrives in learning, in studying. To catch a glimpse into his calling, is an experience she is honored to have shared. “Ashamin,” the ocean mare continues, her voice dropping lower, meant only for him, “Are you alright? Is there anything I can do for you?” She doesn’t press him, but she can’t leave him alone, without having tried.

notes; feel free to have Ashamin confide in Tia as little or as much as you want; this doesn't have to continue much longer, it just didn't seem like her to leave him without saying something to check up on him xD 
“Speech.”
image credits

Blu

He stood in silence and shadow, wanting every bit not to be here. Each word was like another hour dragging him on, killing him slowly but surely as he was forced to mind his manners when every breath was an excruciating experience. Especially when the words were so trivial. Perhaps if his intellect had been seized he could have done more than endured this supposed lesson, but instead they managed nothing by drivel and it drove him mad.

Some combination of annoyance, madness, and the pain killers finally kicking in bode Öde to stay the meeting when it was due to close. He even took a bold step forward, the movement shaking up his injured chest where meat and hair was flayed apart by burns. "Isn't anyone," he rasped, lowered head casting his red gaze around with unintentional glower, "going to talk about the fucking GOD THAT WAS KILLED!?" Maybe most of them didn't know, or care, but Öde figured Ashamin hadn't gotten those wounds in a spar.

His flanks heaved, his breaths quick and shallow as it helped avoid the pain. Was everyone just going to pretend his appearance was okay, that it was normal? Just because he was gruff and alive - that what, made it fine!?. "His blood burned me, his spittle roasted me, and the ice spikes of another warrior pierced me." Öde stared at Ashamin as he spoke, blaming the Haruspex for not even bothering to enlighten everyone on the most godly of issues at hand.

"A new land red as blood, brought by the Time God and with it all its aliens and it's own sick god and we killed it." and Öde still wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not, because it was horrifying to know that gods could die.

THE GLASS IS HALF EMPTY

62.5/62.5 HP
Helovia Hard Mode

Tiamat's concern was all that touched Ashamin at first. How could she maintain such a level of kindness? Even he struggled at times. And with Ode here, at last speaking up, Ashamin was sure now was going to be one of them.

"I'm alright," he murmured quietly to the blue fawn beside him, his low smile one that betrayed the lie. No, he wasn't fine, he was marked for life with blood and pain. But how could he tell her that, when she was Tiamat? How could he tell her the world was more painful than she thought?

He admired her innocence. He also, at times, could not fathom it. So he could only hope she would believe him and let the dog lie. This was where that conversation would have to end for now. When he put his nose to her cheek, perhaps she would understand that if would continue if she wished, just later.

And then, of course, Ode spoke up. But only too late--after the others had left, drifting from the cave like windswept flakes, demonstrating no further interest in the matter. Ashamin was fine with that, he was exhausted. He would have ended it there and thought about the darker, more sinister parts of the land in peace. If he could ever find peace, that is.

But no, Ode. Ode had to speak, to apparently almost scream in a way that Ashamin had never before heard. Maybe because he'd never heard the boy do much at all, never gotten a sense of anything but dissatisfaction with him. And Ashamin was tired enough of not being able to see even his own god; the paint didn't need this stallion's disapproval, too.

Still, he kept his cool. Lochan pressed against his side, the fire crackled dimly. "I wish you had spoken sooner," Ashamin said through a set jaw--teeth that would have been clenched if not for the space he forced to exist between them. "I think you and I both know the chaos isn't quite over," Ashamin said, "there are three more Gods we've yet to hear from. But if you wish to discuss it now, we may. I simply took your silence as a lack of want for dialogue, but please, please," he answered, eyes sharp, ears flicking, "by all means, Ode, the floor is yours."

His tail writhed at his back like a snake's. If the bloodied beast left, so be it. If Tiamat left, so be it. He couldn't care, he just wanted to be alone. He was sick of being shit on.

""

ashamin & lochan
image credits

[[Let's not talk about my horrible delay here. I'm so sorry I haven't been keeping up with my threads. Assuming all have left but Ode and Tiamat.]]