the Rift

[PRIVATE] one red thread

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
I was a liar. That was the only thing that really stuck to me. I had made a name for myself being as such. A snake in cardboard. However, it was difficult now. I couldn’t keep putting on that face, the porcelain mask was cracking under pressure and it wasn’t going to stay for long. Everything to me was numb and I knew that between the two stags I cared about, I had hurt one and knew I needed to tell the other one the truth. To come clean. The idea of doing such was killing me inside, but it needed to be done no matter how much pain it caused. I would have rather had both creatures upset knowing the truth than to continue on a lie with the two of them.

But how was I supposed to tell this deep dark secret? It wasn’t going to be easy. I remembered the last time we saw each other, the beach illuminated Tembovu’s face in just the right ways. The slight hint of sadness hidden behind his own mask grew into happiness with the sight of me. Telling him what I told everyone else about my history, seeing his comforting movements and gentle words that made me feel so at home and comfortable with my lie. I couldn’t lie anymore, not to him.

I need him to see me for who I am.

My feet felt heavy as I made my way into the thistle meadow. The ground beneath me squishing lightly with the wet snowfall that landed in the heart of the grasses. My head lowered in a movement that wasn’t seen of me. I usually carried my head high, full of authority and experience, unafraid of anything that could come my way.

But I was terrified.

I hoped he was near, lifting my head lightly and calling out his name in the hopes that maybe, just maybe, he would have the same sinking feeling to greet me at the meadow.  It was time to tell all. After the sound passed my lips I felt instant regret and almost felt the need to turn and run away from my problems and wait another day. However, I knew it wouldn’t help me at all. I knew it would just hurt more and more the longer I waited, I needed to tell him now.

the only line that’s true is the line you’re from.

Rexanna

Image Credits!

@Tembovu
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Why was he in the meadow? He wasn’t sure. He was last here with a pretty, petite mare from Rexanna’s herd. Had her name been Brisa? He wasn’t sure. Their meeting had been short lived. His evening with Rexanna, however, had not been short-lived. It had been long, satisfying, and… comforting. A strange descriptive, but he had left the beach that morning feeling happy. A feeling he hadn’t had in so long. His sadness, his anger- they had subsided that night. It had felt… simply good.

Yet now he was wandering, a day with seemingly less snow than the others. A golden glint caught his eye. The form was familiar- but not. Like walking through an old home that’s been redecorated by a new family. The form had the physique and markings of his Rexanna, but the defeat with which she walked was so unlike his love.

His head raised, ears perked, eyes straining to see. His entire attention was trained on the golden princess- Was she hurt? Was she captive? But his assessment yielded no immediate reason for her proud, lovely crown to be held so low. Ears twitch as he hears his name, spoken so foreignly on such familiar lips. Unease and anger stirred in his gut.

A thundering, earth quaking canter brought this elephant with surprising speed across the meadow. Puffs of powder erupt from his heavy hoofbeats. He nickers to his gilded cream lady, the sound rumbling to her as he approaches. He slows, but does not stop until he can touch her- comfort her.

His large muzzle seeks hers, caressing beneath it, lifting her head higher so that it does not hang so low. Azure eyes search hers, concern etched on his face. Though he cannot help but breath in her scent, take in the comfort and desire it brings. He slides his muzzle along the underside of her jaw, tracing her cheek, “Rexanna, my love, what’s wrong?” Warm breath washes over her skin as his deep voice rumbles quietly.
TEMBOVU
Beware the weight of a vengeful soul.
image | table

@Rexanna

Please tag Tembovu.

Surprisingly gentle exhaling escaped my lips as I waited, surrounded by the gentle sounds of water squishing beneath my hooves into the growth below. Head dipped low, teal eyes surveying the blades of grass as they peaked up between the slightly melting snow and swapping between doing so and watching the breaks in the trees for the elephant I held so gently in my heart. Clouds passing through my nostrils with every breath and suspending lightly in the air above me.

That was when I felt the ground begin to pound with every footstep of the golden mammoth I knew. He approached with such a speed that I honestly didn’t know he possessed. He must be able to tell that something isn’t right with me which caused more defeat in me knowing I meant so much to him. Sighing slightly as he grew closer, his large muzzle gently touching my skin. The heat and sheer velveteen touch almost made me flinch. He lifted my head up and as my defeated eyes reached his bright worrisome ones, I couldn’t help but to avert my gaze.

I felt him gently run his nose along my jaw and cheek. ‘Rexanna, my love, what’s wrong?’ The gentle sound of his voice reaching my ears causing them to swivel in an awkward motion of discomfort. I didn’t want to tell him, but I knew it needed to be done.  I felt his breath reach me almost as if trying to blow the life back into me but it would take a bit more than just comforting words and his presence to bring me back.

Pressing my nose into his own ever so softly, I pulled back and searched his eyes for a split second. ”Tembovu… I need to talk to you.” My voice dull and lifeless, carrying no hint of happiness where it used to ooze it. My eyes dropping back down to the ground, body twitching lightly with each little drop of snow that graced it.

Rexanna
Image Credits!

@Tembovu

As she pushes her plush, velvet muzzle against his, he sighs. The caress is small, but he feels it deep in his barrel and it echoes in his groin. But that feeling is ignored as her gaze returns his searching one. Her eyes are sad, and maybe scared? The beautiful teal is duller, as dull as her usually sensual voice.

His darkening eyes flick over her body, her delicate shivering with every snowflake that graced it. Unease creeps into his body, making him more rigid, taller. Deep blue eyes sweep back to her lovely, if nervous, face. His gut screamed at him. It told him she was a royal, she was used to playing with the lives of men. He had seen this in his life, he had fought it.

But, this was also his Rexanna. The mare who had opened up so easily to him, like a flower in the sun. It had been so long since he had been the sun to anyone- he had been a conduit of deceit, collapse, and vengeance. A victor of justice- but a victor always has victims. Rexanna, his delicate princess, had been so forthcoming, so honest. With such ease.

He forced himself to give her the benefit of the doubt. This was not a power hungry queen before him. With a slow exhale, he pushes his now tense muscles to relax, lowering his head that had risen with his unease. Though his body was at ease, his mind was a harder beast to control. Beneath the calmness of his eyes raged a stormy sea.

“I am always here to listen to you, Rex,” his low voice was calm and quiet. And he waited, collectedly meeting her troubled gaze.
TEMBOVU
image | table

@Rexanna

Please tag Tembovu.

The firey warmth of the stag before me seemed scorching against the blanket of ice below me. It was almost an uncomfortable sensation, the two opposites burning with their own sense of desire. My eyes watched him for a moment before scouring the ground below once more. The uncomfortable and awkward aura that seemed to fill the space around me almost seemed more intense.

I heard his voice hit my ears and the sinking feeling that found its way to my chest cavity grew. I looked up and searched his eyes for a moment, his own eyes meeting mine before I had to look away. Full of my shame and frustrations, my blood burning with an effervescence shame. Ears swiveled slightly before I swung my head lightly back to him, a sigh escaping my velveteen maw that almost seemed to shake under the thoughts of what I was about to say. The chain attached to my horn was dancing and glittery, a polar opposite of the mood my eyes reflected.

”Yes, but you aren’t going to like what I have to say.” I paused, shifting my weight onto my left side uncomfortably. Tail swishing light against my fetlocks before I caught his gaze again. ”I haven’t been honest with you, Temb…” I paused, voice cracking when I spoke his name. I had to break my gaze before looking to the ground. The cold lifeless blue eyes searching the ground for a slight bit of hope to where I could make this right. What I didn’t realize was that no matter how much pain grew in me for releasing this to him, it was the best and kindest thing I could do for somebody I cared about.

”I’m sorry. I’m really truly sorry; but I’m not who you think I am.” My voice broke once more, washing out across the blanket of snow.

Rexanna
Image Credits!

@Tembovu

He watches her thick, white lashes graze the black markings around her eyes as her gaze leave his and search the ground. For what? He was standing before her, was he not what she sought when she called for him? The tension rolls off her in waves, destroying the calm and comfort that they had once found in each other’s presence. He finds himself holding deep breaths, anticipating some attack or cataclysm. His body is becoming rigid once more, unable to combat the anxiety that radiates from her any longer.

Instinctively he reaches out to her again, wishing to soothe his golden lady’s jitters. He cannot catch her gaze just yet, so he takes a half step towards her, his warm muzzle brushing the silken skin on the crest of her neck. He closes the physical distance between them, but he can still feel that she’s so far removed from him mentally.

The soldier in him begins to anger- unable to fight or defend against this unseen foe that Rexanna cannot yet put a voice to. He takes a strong, heavy breath against her, seeking to mollify himself with the warmth and smell of her hide. It works marginally, though he finds himself pulling away and clenching his jaw as she speaks. “Have not been honest with me?” His deep voice reverberates quietly, but somewhat ominously.

He has pulled further away from her now, his height augmented by the tension his misgivings bring. He quiets his thoughts, unwilling- or unable- to jump to painful conclusions just yet. He interrupts her apologies, his low voice carefully quiet and flat, “Rexanna, tell me what it is you are apologizing for.” Gone is the warmth from his face and good humor from his eyes. Gone is the smile that usually crosses his lips around her. He waits.
TEMBOVU
image | table

@Rexanna

Please tag Tembovu.

My eyes reached up for his a mere moment before his voice grew into the silence, interrupting me. Ears held low and jittery at the sounds that were so unlike him. A slight sigh passed my lips before I shifted my weight and took a slight step back, unsure if it was something I needed to do or something that I just needed to do mentally. I grew a bit more worried as the time passed on again, his voice looming in my mind. What was I supposed to say? I just admitted to not being honest with him and here he was questioning what I had already told him? Was it something that was rhetorical? It better have been. I didn’t want nor have the energy to explain that I hadn’t been honest.  Just enough energy to explain who it was I really was and what I had been doing behind his back.

Again, the elephant’s voice hit my ears and I seemed to tremble in its presence. His face held a bit darker of a tone and like a statue, as I watched his body grow rigid as if I was sitting there talking to a monument that had no emotion and no care in the world to hear about my little pity party. What was I apologizing for? For being a liar, that’s what I was apologizing for. I guess I needed to explain what part of the lie I had told? Well for that I needed to start from the beginning. I only hoped he had the time to hear everything I was trying to say to him without passing it off and leaving beforehand. But then again, if he loved and appreciated me as much as he said he did, perhaps he would wait it out and listen.

Ears flittering back and forth as I lifted my head a bit. I still refused to make eye contact with him, I didn’t want to see what his reaction would be to the truth of what I was about to say. I figured I would test the waters first before blatantly screaming out about Caleb. That might help, right? God I hoped so. Clearing my throat quietly and closing my eyes for a few moments. ”I… I’m not exactly royal like I told you I was. I also wasn’t as prestigious as I made it appear to be..  I lied about my whole history to you.” I paused, head lowering lightly. “I also lied about only being yours.” the feeling made me cringe as I said the words, but it needed to be done. My eyes flickering from the ground up to study his face lightly with a faster beating heart.

Rexanna
Image Credits!

@Tembovu

His broad brow creases as his lady seems to tremble before him, in response to his tone. This is not what he wants- it’s the last thing he wants. He sighs softly, willing the tension out of his body. This was a roller coaster- he wasn’t used to it. His mistrust and growing anger shouted for him to demand answers, to seize control of the situation and take charge. But the look on Rexanna’s face, the nervous flickering of her ears- these actions pulled at his heart and caused him to gentle.

Her eyes flit to and from his gaze- he wasn’t sure if he had managed to gentle the hardness in his eyes. Slowly, he lowers his head so it’s at her level, ears perked towards her as he listens to her confession. Confusion crosses the black markings on his face- a lie about her past? So? The past was the past, he didn’t care. He hadn’t even told her his past in its entirety. Warmth begins to return to his face as his deep voice starts to roll as she pauses her confession, “Rexanna, do you think that I care how blue your blood is? I don’t, but why did you feel the need to lie about-”

‘I also lied about only being yours.’

He cuts off abruptly. The warmth flees from his face, from his eyes icy pools. The burn of anger and pain did nothing to thaw them. He sees her cringe, he sees her shame, he can feel her remorse in the air between them. Air that crackled with tension, now, as the elephant felt the sickening burn in his barrel and chest.

Large ears flick backwards- not entirely pinned to his head. He pulls his head up, away from the gilded woman, whom he had just moments before he had been reaching towards. Anger opens his thick lips to speak, but he snaps shut his jaw to reign in his temper. His muscles twitch as the teeth clench- his boring gaze leaving the mare and staring into the white horizon over her shoulder.

A deep, harsh breath- he thinks he is under control now. Though the pain is not. He had opened himself as he hadn’t in a long while. Though, at least now he was not looking at a burnt corpse, as he had with Mara. These thoughts mollified his fury, though only augment the ache in his barrel. “Who-“ his voice his sharper, deeper, angrier, than he intends it to be, so he pauses for a moment. Besides, does the who matter? Not yet.

“Why, Rexanna? Why lie?” His rumble is throaty and still angry, but has lost the sharp, accusatory edge. “You pledged yourself to me freely, I did not steal the choice from you. If you cared for me as deeply as you claimed- or even half as much as I cared for you- why steal this trust, this hope, from us?” He sighs sadly, all traces of anger melting as his unseeing eyes leave the snow and return to her face, “Rexanna… my life has educated me well in the ways of loss. When you find something right, something good,  something precious, then you hold on to it. You fight for it. You treasure it. There is not enough time- not nearly enough time- to spend with loved ones during this life, however long it may be. So when you find someone you love, you do not test that love. You do not threaten it. You spend every possible moment simply loving them.”

His low voice ends quietly, and he turns his head away from the mare. It’s too much- all he can see is Rexanna’s betrayal and Mara’s death in his eyes. So they shutter close, blocking out this reality. His jaw clenches tightly, muscles leaping beneath the silvered skin of his cheek.
TEMBOVU
image | table

@Rexanna

Please tag Tembovu.

I couldn’t help but feel my heart break into more shattered pieces when he cut mid-sentence. He should care about how blue my blood was. Perhaps if I had been bluer then I would’ve had more respect for things as well as myself rather than to toss them to the side, worn and used. That was the past though, this was the future. The future I was crumbling up like a paper ball that had everything I could’ve ever wanted in the future. The pain intensifying with every crease while he figured out exactly what I had meant.

It wasn’t easy. It sure as hell wasn’t as simple as he made it sound. The first word to leave his lip made me tremble. The large elephant before me whom I was terrified of the sight of in the Threshold, becoming my lover, and in turn becoming the creature that should have been more frightened by me than the other way around. My head hurt, my stomach hurt, but nothing physical could hurt as much as everything he said did. Why did I lie? Because it was easier than explaining the truth at first. He knew nothing about me, nothing at all.

It was then when I realized I had become Caleb.

I had become the creature that I never thought I would. A liar, trickster, deceiver. Lying about who I was, what I did. At least I had the courtesy of telling him my true name. Unlike Caleb had. A slight throbbing pain found its way into my skull and as I stood there, ready to take whatever anger the mammoth before me could release, he spoke. His voice breaking the chill of the air like a knife.  I remembered that day at the beach where he revealed to me the mare that had been his life; his child as well, both found dead. The thought of it pained me more in the realization that it was like I was killing myself in a way to him. Having him learn that I’m a creature of certain ways before taking all those walls I had built about who I was and tearing them down like a rampaging monster.

The monster was me, rampaging and stumbling over myself. I had created this and I needed to destroy it before it hurt more. The idea of that began to make me feel better, even despite the lecturing tone of the heartbroken beast. I wanted to love him, I really did. At this point, I didn’t even think that he could ever love me again. And again, I was stuck in my rut. The last few words of his speech began to frustrate me in a way. Yes I loved him, yes he loved me, but I was Calebs before I was Tembovu’s. Tembovu was the other one in the relationship. And to make it out as though I didn’t love him? Perhaps he could’ve understood that I was telling him because I loved him. I really did. But could he see that? Could he see I was wounding myself in being honest with him?

Fire stung my eyes as I swung my head up sharply. “It’s not that simple.” My voice was sharper, carrying that glaze of frustration I had just felt so abruptly. “I’m telling you because I love you.” I paused, inhaling sharply and turning my gaze away from the statuesque creature, his head away from mine. “The… other one… It was either I learned to love him or I was forced to, Temb. I chose my freedoms. Then, then I met you. My whole world got changed when I met you. Someone I could relate to, someone that frightened me to death. I was scared to open myself to you.” I sighed, lowering my head again to stare upon the blanketing snow.

You were the other one.” I sighed. “And I loved you so much I couldn’t bear to keep this secret and I’m sorry, but I would have rather you found out from me than any other way.” Yep, that was it. I could feel the sting of tears gliding down my face, trailing the black markings that made them resemble running paint, perhaps a sign that something like this was destined to always happen to me. I could only hope he understood.

Rexanna
Image Credits!

@Tembovu

Dark, deep pools open. They’re glassy, reflecting the white meadow that’s such a comically picturesque setting for this love that’s collapsing between them. Is that was this was? The end? The thought kicked Tembovu deep in the gut, forcing a hurt snort from his thick nostrils. He was angry, yes. He was hurt, yes. But the thought of not having Rexanna pained him more than the words coming from her lying mouth. Perhaps it was the idea of not having her? He toyed with that idea- did he just want companionship?

No. He did not want the spend the night on a beach with another mare. He had met many here in Helovia, though had not yet found one he was so drawn to. He gritted his teeth as she continued to speak, still not willing to look at her. ’It’s not that simple,’ her explanation started to cut him deeper with each word. Was loving him not simple? Had he made it difficult? Forced love of who? His ears pin further against his head, eyes sweeping across the meadow. Seeking something else- for his mind wanted away from her, away from his memories, away from this pain.

’You were the other one.’

His gaze sharpens as it swings abruptly to meet hers. His ears are still laid back, and the hurt is now plainly written in his creased brow and lines around his eyes. “I was the other?” His voice is incredulous, “And you did not think to mention this before? On the beach?” The deepness in his voice is becoming accusatory, so he cuts himself short. A fight will only bring insults and heartache. Well, more heartache.

He sighs, calming the red that has started to invade his mind. He quells the anger, for it has no place with a lover. He should practice as he preached, anyway. He closes his eyes, focusing on her words, which would have meant so much more in a different setting. ’My whole world changed when I met you,’; ’I love you so much.’

He looks at her again, not immune to her lovely teal gaze even in spite of all that has transpired. It captures him- and she is right. It was best for him to find out from her than from this other, ‘forced love’ stag. What did that mean?

A resigned breath escapes him, for he knows he needs the truth in order to move on with this mare. And he realizes then that he does want to move on with her. This petite gilded princess, who had woven her lies around him and caught an elephant in her web. “Rexanna, I love you. But I need to know the truth of what happened. You claim to love me, yet have a ‘forced love’ with someone else? What does that mean? With who?” He pins his ears now, and narrows his eyes in distaste, for he knows the answers he needs are not ones he will enjoy hearing. A ripple passes through his thick hide, the bars on his back shuddering as he waits.
TEMBOVU
image | table

@Rexanna

Please tag Tembovu.

His snort took me off guard and I trembled at the sound, completely unexpecting it. My blood pumped loudly in my ears and the fire that stung my mind and burned my eyes was growing cooler by the moment. I wasn’t any less upset, but more frustrated at myself for not being able to explain it well enough to cause less hurt between the both of us. I was already in pain. I had ruined what I thought was a decent plan between Caleb and I and in turn, ruined every other relationship I had. Thank god there weren’t others. I didn’t know how much more my heart could take before it swept me under with it.

I watched as his head swung to face me, his ears pinned back to his skull whereas mine did the same. My head was pulled back in a more reserved way as I watched him, eyes of fire and frustration as he began to speak. His voice was loud, the sound piercing the ever so pleasant appearance of the meadow around us. All I could do was nod at his first words. Yes, he was the other. That was true. However, mentioning it on the beach, no. I didn’t think to mention it because I never thought I’d see Caleb again. He said he came and went, so I figured there was nothing to worry about. I couldn’t have been more wrong. I tore my gaze from his, looking away from him.

No, I didn’t think to mention it on the beach because I didn’t think he was going to appear again.” Great, now I sounded insane. I shook my head, my horned skull lowering slightly. “It’s so damn difficult to explain.” I admitted, ashamed. Why was it so difficult? Why couldn’t I just tell him that Caleb had threatened me with either being his whore or being imprisoned as one? That was the easiest way, but yet the hardest words to form in my mouth. It brought such a sour taste to my tongue that I couldn’t help but to shake my head until I heard his next set of words.

Rexanna, I love you.

All I could think was how? How could he still love me? I was a terrible person, always had been. Hell, I was because of terrible doings. How could I even compare to something so perfect, something so… wanted? He then wanted to know the truth, that’s when I needed to learn how to form these words in a way that made sense but in a way that didn’t hurt worse than what was already said. Forced love, did he not know what that meant? I thought it was a decent explanation, apparently I was wrong… Again.

Lifting my head slightly, I placed my dull gaze on the elephant before me.  “I’m going to do my best to explain this, but please try to understand.” I sighed to myself. “I do love you, Tembovu. What I mean by forced love is… I either became his prisoner or a free willed concubine. I didn’t expect to ever see him again. That’s why I didn’t mention it on the beach. I was his concubine a day after I met you in the Threshold. I had a choice. It was either become prisoner or be free. I chose to be free because that meant I could see you. He always said he came and went, that he would never stay very long. That’s why I didn’t think it mattered.” I lowered my head more.

I didn’t want to do this. The last thing I want you to think of me as is a sex slave.” My voice broke and I swallowed sharply to try and keep my voice from quivering. “That’s the forced love.” I finally said, ears eased up lightly but still held back in a more ashamed posture instead of the frustration I felt beforehand. In the midst of all my blood pumping in my ears I didn’t hear him ask who it was. Perhaps it was better that way.

Rexanna
Image Credits!

@Tembovu

Caleb Posts: 135
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1hh :: 4yo :: Orangmoon HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Henrietta :: Weimaraner :: None baylee

His sobriety faded as he became intoxicated with their conversation, empty words hanging in the air like wet clothes on a line, stretching and fading under the sun's heat and light, the threads loosening until one cut and the entire clothing item unravels. The stallion Tembovu "Temb" (as Caleb had gathered from their conversations) spoke with words so sugared that he could feel the toothache forming in his molars. Silver pools danced with icy as they rolled in his ivory sockets, the melodramatic conversation they continued was outrageous. In fact, Tembovu and Rexanna could be their own reality TV show, they'd certainly beat out Keeping Up With the Kardashians. Still, Caleb was bitter, a cold bitter that radiated from his gut like the plague, became him, enveloped him. Caleb embodied cold like fire to heat. As he moved at a saunter towards the pair, his eyes glanced at Rexanna, though they did not look at her, but almost through her, as if she was not even their, a ghost. In a way, that's what she is to him now, a haunted memory, something that could've been so great, shattered. Rexanna, the temptress, a fiery vixen. You almost had me believing in us. 

Caleb's arrival to the meeting must be somewhat surprising to Rexanna and confusing to Tembovu who does not know who the brooding stallion is. Tembovu was big, a couple inches bigger than himself, but that did nothing to deter Caleb, who was steadfast in his certainty. Caleb had not even given Rexanna a glance, nothing to recognize her existence, nothing to tell her that he even knew she was there, when his lips morphed into a cool smile, as if he took one breath, those frozen lips would frost his exhale and form snowflakes to be littered into the air. "Hello, I'm Alexander." The cold smile remained as he finally shifted his gaze to a mare he could've said moments ago that had a very special place in his lonely soul, Rexanna. "What's your name again?" Then his smile faded, and what replaced it was a stern expression, unbreaking. This was his facade, something Rexanna had only seen little of. She didn't know the extent of his mental walls, she didn't know the emotionless beast that haunted his dark body. She knew nothing. 

Henrietta's arrival is trivial compared to Caleb's. She pads towards him, and when she sees what is happening, she silently stands next to Caleb, very well informed on her master's predicament. "This is Phaeisla." No it fucking wasn't, but Caleb is an exceptional liar, Tembovu will have no clue, cannot have any clue. There is absolutely no proof he is lying. "I couldn't help but hear your predicament. Now, I am a wise one, and I have learnt that emotions cannot be forced, even if they feel such. You either completely and truly love this stallion, or hate him." He pointedly looks at her, now somewhat ignoring Tembovu. "Tell me, do you know which it is?" He pauses and glances to the horizon, suddenly making a connection. DAMN, I'd be a damn good therapist. Despite, his realization, he remains cold, a brooding expression places on his dark features. He is dangerous, deadly, a machine. There is no solace with Caleb, only a wild ride. Do pray tell, does Rexanna wish for the boring white-picket-fence that comes with Tembovu, or the wild and unpredictable ride that will surely end up in a few bad memories, but also in good memories so much vivider, clearer, and joyful than any memories that will come from a mono-toned antelope stallion like Tembovu? It was simple Tembovu or Caleb? There isn't a flavor of the day, she must choose one here and now.

See the thing is, Caleb's words today hold a bite, a nasty whip to them, but they are true and honest, and make sense. The hybrid is not evil, nor so horrible as to mess whatever they have going on up. He, in this case, is giving Rexanna her out. Choose Tembovu: Caleb will continue playing therapist and mend their broken relationship then leave and forget her, or choose Caleb: leave with him now and forget Tembovu. Either way, Caleb will not be playing the offender tonight. To Tembovu, Caleb is a cold, but wise stallion, a bit too nosy, but in the end just wants to help, right? To Rexanna, Caleb is being nasty, but little of that matters because she will most likely figure out that she does have an out, and it is right here, handed to her by the beast himself.

"blah blah blah."
caleb will not be stirring the pot a lot, simply here to tell rex that it is him or tembovu :) if she chooses temb caleb will just leave :p ALSO, I have permission to post here from Sky/Smitty

He impatiently twitches his thick, wiry tail as he listens to her reasonings- her excuses- for not telling him on the beach. Because that is what they were to him, excuses for her to perpetuate her lies. ’It’s so damn difficult to explain,’ his eyes harden at horizon, agitation growing as Rexanna hems at telling the truth.

To the elephant, a man of action, this was maddening. The meager calm that had come over him fled, thick muscles twitching beneath his silvered buckskin coat. His jaw ticked as he waited in silence while she composed herself, her words, her truth. His ears relaxed, finally, no longer pinned against his head as he waited in vexed stillness.

He felt her teal eyes on him, just as she began to speak again. Her words of love, and the sounds of his name from her mouth pulled at him- tempted him to let this go. It would be easy. They could be lovers, he could have her to himself- he would have to have her with him at all times-

“I either became his prisoner or a free willed concubine.”

Rage. Red. His ears snapped forward and his head snapped to his gilded woman. Dark blue eyes sparked, his large form growing with radiated fury. It worsened as she furthered her explanation. He was barely contained inside his thick hide. Any woman, let alone his Rexanna, forced into an agreement such as this inside a land he had risked so much to journey to. A land that he so proudly resided in. Sharp edges of his large ebony hooves cut into the frozen earth beneath the snow, aching to obey his straining muscles and pummel whomever this sadist was.

Sex slave?His voice was deathly quiet, vibrating with suppressed wrath. She had finished speaking, standing before him. So small, so wilted- proudly ornamented face held so low. Shame etched it’s ugly, self-deprecating lines over her splendid body. He blew a single, hard breath out from his thick lips and took two large, swift strides towards her.

And he held her. Thick neck wrapping tightly- perhaps too tightly in his suppressed anger- around her withers. He held him to solace her, he held her to calm himself. “I think many things of you, Rex. ‘Sex slave’,” he spat the words, “is not near any of them,” his voice was reverberating from his chest, deep and just barely controlled. “You are beautiful. You are bright. You are-” the fury cut off his words.

“If anything like this happens again- anything,” he squeezed her, “You come to me, Rexa-“ he sees the approach of another equine “-anna.” He finishes his words, his command, and swings to face the oncoming stallion. He stands close to her, pressing his side against her, fury still lacing the hardened muscles of his stature. There is so much to this conversation, but it was being interrupted.

The winged unicorn might have impressed the elephant in a different setting. But Tembovu was too preoccupied to care presently. Giving the barest of nods, he recognizes the introduction of the unwelcome stallion, his body language- which was usually so welcoming- was incredibly unwelcoming at the moment. This feeling intensified in the air as the pegasus pointedly spoke to Rexanna and purposefully ignored himself.

Anger made him uncharitable to the newly appeared winged man, “A truly wise man need not proclaim himself as wise.” He looked down at the stallion, his ill contained ire making his form larger, towering, “As useful as you think yourself to be, I assure you that your wise talents will be more appreciated elsewhere.” His tone was clipped, cold, commanding. Much as if he were back to commanding soldiers, subordinates. He did not need- they did not need- a stallion who knew so sorely little about their predicament sticking his nose where it did not belong. Glowering, hard eyes stare down this ‘Alexander,’ waiting for his departure as he pushed his taunt body against Rex.
TEMBOVU
image | table

ooc| I'M ALL ABOUT POT STIRRAGE. Stir the pot. Stir it good xD
@Rexanna @Caleb

Please tag Tembovu.

I feel like I stretched the truth in a sense. Yes, it was true that I was given an ultimatum of the sorts, but I’m sure had I gone to the leads of the Basin they would have helped me get away from that sort of relationship. That was until I realized I had feelings for Caleb. That was the thing that made this whole issue a whole hell of a lot harder. I loved Tembovu, but I also loved Caleb. To choose between the two seemed impossible to me. I loved Tembovu for the history together that related so well, for the gentleman within him and the general kindness of his soul. However, I loved Caleb for how spontaneous and mysterious he was.

There was an issue though. I knew that Tembovu loved me, but I had heard that Caleb couldn’t love. He told me so himself; so would there ever truly be a chance with the winged stag? I wanted someone to love that could love me back in its entirety and not have to sit there guessing if I did something wrong that I would be just as easily forgotten as I was found. The thought was enough to make me feel sick, if it weren’t for Tembovu’s rush toward me and embrace. I felt hollow on the inside and yet his touch seemed to bring the life back into me. I couldn’t help but to return the gentle grasp in my broken state. I felt almost happy in this moment, knowing that he could forgive me for something so treacherous.

That is until I saw him.

I watched him approach, tensing up with every step he took. He always knew how to find me, why was it I thought this was different? Maybe because I had been silently praying that he’d leave me alone for enough time to confess my sins to my other lover. Again, I was wrong. He grew closer and I felt Tembovu’s embrace grow tighter, my blue eyes growing sharp with a piercing stare that almost seemed to stab through Caleb. What did he think he was doing? He introduced himself as Alexander and the sound of it was enough to make me cringe. ‘You fucking liar.’ I thought to myself. How long had I gone thinking that his name was Alexander and not Caleb? Why did he feel the need to lie to me and then get upset when I lied right back?

Because yet again I realized that him and I were nearly the same.

I listened to his words, the thought of having to choose right here and there between the two made me extremely uncomfortable. My body stayed stiff and rigid as I thought about what to do. Thankfully, I didn’t need to make a decision. Tembovu spoke for me and as I felt his rigid body grow closer to my own golden pelt, I grew a bit braver having the elephant along my side. “We don’t need to express ourselves to an eavesdropper like yourself.” My tone was sharp and held a bit of a fury behind them. The last thing I needed was Caleb to sit there and patronize me for something he started in the first place. Yes, I felt for the stag, but the more I saw his lies, the more I realized perhaps he wasn’t going to make a healthy relationship. But I was still torn and unable to make a decision for the fear of upsetting both of them. God, this was difficult.

My head began to hurt and I was beginning to feel sick. I had wandered for quite some time without the means of paying attention to food and water. I was barely even hungry with the situation at hand and it appeared to be catching up with me. I felt weak, but I was strong. My stomach burned with hunger, but I leaned back into my elephant with all the strength of him behind me as well. I wasn’t going to let Caleb push me around this time. I didn’t feel like it, nor did I think it was fair. I needed to stand up to the both of them and stop playing the victim, but I wasn’t sure how to do that without making them both my enemies. How could you take these creatures, both to have confessed their love (except for Caleb who had never said it outright) and basically tell them both to figure it out for themselves?

I didn’t want to be fought over. I had already endured enough heartbreak for my short life. I didn’t need to be reminded of a clash between the two every time I saw a scar. It wasn’t fair for them. I didn’t deserve anything fair, but to them? They deserved more. I honestly believed that they deserved more than me, but whether or not they could see that or wanted to believe it, I wasn’t sure. Only time would tell, I guess.

the only line that's true is the line you're from.

Rexanna
Image Credits!

@Caleb @Tembovu

Caleb Posts: 135
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1hh :: 4yo :: Orangmoon HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Henrietta :: Weimaraner :: None baylee

His approach is not wanted, undesired. They do not care if he is here, if he's there, or if he dies. Tembovu is protective and Rexanna is angry. Caleb is far from surprised by this reaction. When he introduces himself as Alexander, the heated waves of anger rolls off of Rexanna as she stares at him. If looks could kill, Caleb would be ten feet under. Was it such a crime to withhold a name? What is worse, fucking around in a supposedly monogamous relationship, or keeping your name private because it's easier that way? Cheating is worse, but Rexanna is the one that is mad, not Caleb. Is that proof enough that she does not want him around, finding the most insignificant excuses to hate him? His frosty smirk fades as he speaks. "Wise One is a rank. Are you not part of a herd thus do not know, or do you just not pay attention at all?" He remarks bitterly. "I am the one that 'forced' Rexanna into fucking. At least that was the first time, after that she wanted it as much as I did. When I found her in a sorrowful state where were you, the one who supposedly loves her, who cares, why weren't you searching to find her, to make her her happy. Your love is youthful, something that would occur between yearlings." His rant, is only halfway over, but Rexanna's voice cuts in. Her voice, angry, as bitter as Caleb's.  “We don’t need to express ourselves to an eavesdropper like yourself.” Caleb snorted, she was actually choosing the fat Oryx stallion?

He just stands, watching her shuffle closer to Tembovu, watches her emit hate through her stare. Caleb has made a mare truly hate him, and though it is not the first time a mare has hated him, it's one of the worst. His cold, bitter expression cracks, sadness pouring into his silver pools. "Did he even care enough to look for you when you had been absent? I did. I looked hard Rexanna, harder than anyone. It hurt not knowing where you were." His voice is soft, a husky whisper, but there is nothing left to do, Rexanna's choice has been made. She chose Tembovu.

"Goodbye, Rexanna, mia tentatrice." My temptress. It suits her. Her facade is seduction, but Caleb knows there is more. She cannot hide her sad eyes underneath sex appeal. Caleb cannot either. Tonight, his face breaks, shattering into a lonely sadness, breaking into shards because maybe part of him thought she would choose him. "I cannot say I will see you around," he mutters, hoping he never has to see her, that she should fade into a memory that can be forgotten so that he won't have to continue feeling like second best, that she won't come to him when the inevitable downfall of the Rexanna and Tembovu relationship takes it's toll. Though he said he would stay, he won't. He can't. She doesn't want him too. Caleb has himself and his hound tonight. Rexanna is not his, Enna is not his, but Henrietta is, to have and cherish and teach, so that they may grow old. In the end, it's just a master and his hound. 

Caleb turns from them, and begins walking, wings unraveling, he takes to the sky, flying quickly so he doesn't have to linger around to hear the fucking that they will do as a rekindling. Henrietta follows on foot, cantering under the shadow that Caleb's airborne form casts on the ground. As quickly as they appeared, they are gone. Where they ever here at all? Rexanna has gotten what she wanted. She has her big, strong, stallion. She has the love Caleb couldn't give her. Undoubtedly, she will grow fat with foals and raise a family all while Caleb will still be searching for someone that can take the loneliness away, make him feel alive again.

"blah blah blah."
caleb's out

The elephant felt his love relax into the safety of his embrace, then he felt her grow tense- with the appearance of the other stallion? She grew tenser with every step towards them, and her words were infuriated as they chased his own, irritated ones. She practically vibrated with anger beside him. He flicks an ear towards here, studying her with a sideways glance as his stormy blue gaze leaves the winged stud.

The reason for her ill-kept fury was revealed promptly, as bitter words strike the air between them. Thick nostrils flare as a disgusted breath rushes out, making his distaste visible as clouds around his muzzle. ’Your love is youthful, something that would occur between yearlings.’ A shocked, amused snort escapes him as he eyes this colt while he addresses Rexanna. In his contempt, he found this little fledgling wanting in desired traits. The feathers on his tail were stringy, in need of preening. As were his wings- which appeared too large for his adolescent frame that had not yet filled out with muscle. His neck was slender, lacking the handsome crest that comes with age and testosterone. His black was dull, like shadows- lacking luster or sheen. Mud had stained his the bottoms of his white legs- in all, he found it hard to believe that it was this colt that had had his Rexanna. “I think it is your lust that is so ‘youthful,’” he pauses for the juvenile is leaving, “It is devotion and forgiveness that stand the test of time. But I think you’ll discover that with age.” There was truth beneath the condescension in his words. It was plain on enraged face.

He then realized that he had taken steps away from Rexanna as Alexander had spoken his crude, deprecating words. Yes, the scorn with which Alexander had addressed her had infuriated him even more. That was part of the reason he had distanced himself from the gilded princess- he was feeling violent. But hearing those words- hearing another man speak of intimacy with her. And so vulgarly. Irate aversion swam in his eyes, and he could not look at her, nor speak. So he stared at a small, dead shrub that his tense body ached to pummel- an outlet for this undulating anger and pain.

“‘Wise One’ is a rank. Are you not part of a herd…?” Alexander’s words cut through this haze in his mind. Herd. The other stallion had smelled of Rexanna- her smell of ice and snow. Not her primal scent that he had assumed was for him alone- this thoughts caused red to swim through his vision so he quickly chased the previous one.

Herd. Though everything smelled of ice and snow in Frostfall, they both smelled so strongly of it. “He’s in your herd, isn’t he? Is that how this happened?” His tone was flat, quiet. So unlike his usual rich, deep voice. He paused for a long moment, unsure if her answer would change the revelation that was dawning on him.

“Rexanna, you’ve broken-“ he stops himself, not wanting to put her on the defensive, “—There’s something broken between us, now. The trust that was there is gone.” He pauses once again, the uncertainty leaving his words and body as he continues, “Come with me to the Edge. For us. We will not survive you living with him- or being away from me.” The furor in his voice dies as it hushes and his dark blue gaze meets hers, anger stripping away and becoming wounded, vulnerable,I will not survive it.”
TEMBOVU
image | table

@Rexanna @Caleb

Please tag Tembovu.

Listening with still so much anger toward the situation at hand, I watched Caleb with sharp eyes. I didn’t want him here. I wanted to play it up to make it look better on my end without him knowing. I wanted to see both of them, but here I was making an ultimatum that would inevitably ruin me as a person. It was going to kill me to have to choose one or the other, but I didn’t think I could do without either. Sacrifices must be made, no matter how much it hurt me and those that I loved. I needed to figure it out before more people got hurt.

As Caleb expressed who he was, I felt a bit more livid near him. Here he was pointing fingers at us and I wasn’t going to have that. I wanted to point fingers back. The fact that he did tell me that either I was his or he would find me. And him accusing Tembovu of not being around me for as much as he said he loved me, upset me as well. I trusted Tembovu, and I’m sure up until this moment he trusted me as well and I had broken it. I had broken many things in both these relationships. Perhaps I shouldn’t have been with either, perhaps they both could move on and find someone they could love diligently and eternally and let me fend for myself in the hopes of finding someone willing to forgive mistakes. Wishful thinking, huh?

My absence by the both of them was understandable. But to say he looked hard for me, I found interesting. Did he not trust me? Was it because he knew that I was too much like him to trust? He would have been right. I wondered how many other mares he had been with while we were together, or whatever we were? I wasn’t sure what to make of any of this and I managed to zone out and stare into space seemingly through him as he took to the skies.

I was lost in thought before Tembovu’s rumble of a voice brought my attention back. ‘He’s in your herd, isn’t he? Is that how this happened?’ His voice was still a strong rumble but held a hint of upset in it. I shook my head, unsure of where Caleb even was. He had spoken of a rank, but I hadn’t seen him around the Basin. Perhaps he had joined an outcast band or something? “No. He was an outcast.. I don’t even know if he could be accepted into the Basin with his wings.” I muttered the end, curious still as to where Temb had gotten that idea.

Then his next words began to sink my heart even further. I nodded slowly, numbly, a sour pit in the bottom of my stomach started to creep up into my chest like a knot. I sighed but had to agree. It was broken. I had made it that way. I had always made it that way. “Listen, I take full blame. It is broken, I never end up making anything easy and you should have known that from the beginning.” I paused, turning my crowned head to face the elephant to hear his next set of words. I shook my head once again. “Temb, I can’t hurt you anymore. I think… As much as I don’t want to; I think we should start off again. We need to learn about each other before rushing into things. Perhaps then we can figure out our lives and I can stop hurting everyone. You need to learn about my history, about what I really am and why I am the way that I am. I have duties at the Basin, but we can meet more often. I want to see you, I want to love you; but I can’t keep hurting myself in hurting you. And I can only hope that one day you can forgive me for what I’ve done and what I’m sure I’ll continue to do. I’m… messed up Temb. I’ve been through some difficult things and I’ll make it through this. I can only hope that I still have a friend at the end of the darkness.” I felt strong at the beginning, but slowly I devolved into a blabbering bitch. I felt my eyes well with stinging tears as I said the words I didn’t want to say. I didn’t want to hurt him more, but I didn’t want to be responsible if I messed up and was with him. Perhaps being friends for now would ease some pain, even though it resulted in more at first.

the only line that's true is the line you're from.

Rexanna
Image Credits!

@Tembovu

Silently he watches her as she speaks. Deep, usually warm eyes that were overflowing with emotion become glassy. Though beneath the glaze is a well of hurt, of sadness, of anger. She will not leave with him. She wants to love him, yet wishes to keep him at a distance? Because he does not know her? So he can get to know her better by being away from her?

Ah, her duties at the Basin. What is it about this Basin that draws so many and keeps them so loyal? So loyal that Rexanna would choose it over himself- no, that is not the way to think. That will lead to resentment and bitterness. He was the one who had issued an ultimatum, after all.

Uncharacteristically, he remained quiet at she finished her words. ‘I can only hope that I still have a friend at the end of the darkness.’ A friend? Is that all he was now? His jaw flexed as he grit his teeth, stony gaze leaving the mare’s captivating teal one. He stared at a lonely tree in the meadow- now dead with Frostfall. He felt so much like that tree. He had been bursting with promise just a season before, but now… Now he felt hollow, discarded.

This was a new type of loss for him. And it hurt. What kept him together was the self-flagellation of recalling his dead Mara. That loss was so much more final. He grasped onto this perspective as he glared at the dead tree.

“Indeed, a friend,” his voice, despite his best attempts repressing it, was sarcastic and angry. He then turned his gaze to her. Tears. His jaw softened, as did his eyes. The effect she had on him! He took a half step toward her, reaching his muzzle out towards her face.

Carefully, his thick and whiskered maw catches and wipes a tear that had escaped. He closes his eyes and breathes deeply her scent, gently resting his large head against her petite, painted face, “Woman, what am I to do with you?” He opens his eyes, looking so closely into her own, incredible teal pools as his rhetorical question rumbles against her.

Then he pulls away, “Until we meet again, my lovely Rex.” And, with his large heart grievously wounded, the elephant walked away.
TEMBOVU
image | table

@Rexanna

Please tag Tembovu.