[OPEN] no flurries, some worries.

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Яikyn

Drip.

Drip, drop.

The light bleeds through my eyelids, a deep crimson blur.  The waters of sleep stir about me, a subtle ripple through my darkened conscious, a small part of my mind clinging to a meadow, the red light of dawn fringing the horizon.

Drip, drip.

I hear birds, they are singing so sweetly in the dawn.  They sing through the dull drone of pain that falls from the lips of the dying, of the wounded, of the damned.

The incessant dripping of blood into the coagulated pools collected beneath my hooves, it draws to my blurred thoughts the image of snow, snow melting in the touch of the sun.

Slowly, the dream melds into the burgundy reality, my mind awakening to the sound of thawing ice as my dream eyes look down at eyes that do not see me, will never see anyone again.  Both my bodies shudder, my shadow form scatters like powder against a stiff wind.

Drop, drip, drop.

The shudder lifts my lids, finding dazzling sunlight glinting through the water logged points of the icicles which dangle from the mouth of the small cavern I have dozed off in.  The frozen water and the water itself fragments the light, so that it sparkles on the stone and on the melting veneer of snow which coats the emerald grasses of the valley, so that it stabs into my eyes and makes me immediately clench them shut with a grumble of annoyance.

I’ve been in such a bad mood since I’ve come home.

Erebos was no where to be found, nor was Aithniel, or Adelric and his sister.  The friends of my youth had found new lives, it seemed, and while I would never admit as much if asked, I missed them, and I couldn’t help but wonder if they had forgotten me all together, if I had lost the importance in their lives that they still held in mine.  Either way, I had never been this alone in all my life, left knowing only where to find my antisocial sire; there had always been the four of us, or my parents and I, and even in the Nightwalk, far away from my roots, there had been Xynia, Furen, and Vaelenne.

I wonder why I ever came home at all if not for my father, or the drive my faith, letting my golden eyes open in narrow slits; my tail slices the air behind me as I stir my hooves into motion, my skin flinching where the cold water drips down on my back as I pass into the glaring light of spring. 

Greeted by the warmth of the Sun’s touch, the heavy cloak of sleep shedding from me with each step (and the knot of hostility wedged in my heart loosening, as well), I trot through the knee high, melting snow to the threshold of the Basin, anxious to know if the thaw had dropped the wall low enough for adventure beyond the frost bound realm of my birth – at least without the potential repercussion of not being able to get back in.

The birds, who I blame for rousing me over the drip of the melting ice, occasionally pass overhead, their throats alive with songs that tell of the coming warmth and rain.

I forget their slight against me when I arrive upon the sentinels to find them still partially buried in white – but that the threshold to the hidden vale of the Basin is thawed enough to allow easy passage.  The birds promise that no more snow waits on the passing winds with their cheerful chirrups and playful flight, and I revel in the sound as I cross though the border and into the wilderness beyond.

-------------------------------------------------

Something feels wrong as I walk the ethereal trail which passes the blue mouths of the ice caves, but I cannot place it. 

It’s like the feeling in my gut just before I realized mother was gone, but less obvious, more like the memory of the feeling, but with actively pulling hooks that refuse to let my mind think of anything other than their nagging tug. 

Its been tugging at me since I left the Basin, some hour or so down the winding, treacherous mountain trails that would lead me south, back into Helovia proper.  It tugs at me like the wind tugs at my tangled mess of a mane, like my heart pulls my blood through my veins.

I ignore it with some proficiency, as most young men are capable of, continuing on my quest as if nothing is amiss.  I have enough to think about without wondering if a dark cataclysm is to strike us again, such as the tale of the Steppe creature, or the horrific wraiths, and quickly push it aside each time the nagging feeling forces itself into my conscious thoughts.

It’s the blue of the ice that distracts me this time, the strange, bright blue of ice so old that it perhaps knew the name of the first mortal to see the Steppe.  I am tempted to cross into their depths, to chase the memories of my youth in which my friends and I had raced through their labyrinth, the sound of our laughter and tiny hooves echoing about us.

Instead, I keep my pace south, a faint smile coloring the usually somber lines of my face, feeling, for the first time today, the glimmer of hope that, someday, we’ll make new memories here.

I just have to find them first.

@Zunden @Roux @Glacia
[ OOC: Preferably no one else unless one of the tags is a no show. :3  It's already a pretty big crowd lol. ]
in every heart a hole
Image Credit

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper
ROUX

drinking freedom from a bottle 

to the tune of belong

I hadn't remained within the borders of the Basin for very long before the itch to travel worked it's way up behind lids that covered the sightless moon-eyes. It wasn't long at all before the muscles lining long, red and black legs began to twitch and shake restlessly for their lack of adventure, so I headed out once more, with intentions of returning again soon after discovering what had changed of Helovia and my brother since my self-shunning into the cave. Ebony rimmed harks flicked forwards as I made my way easily past the snow laden sentinels. Wandering through the lands surrounding the Basin, as well as the Steppe, save for a few slippery paths I could make my way without much assistance from the eyes of the kite gliding effortlessly overhead. 

As if on cue, the feathered half of my brain speaks up, warning of a patch of ice that would have likely lead to my demise. Oh, if only the world were so lucky as to lose the life of another murderer, for that was all I would ever equal up too. A child murderer. Of course, I had been but a child myself as at three years old adolescence was only just leaving my body. Regardless, the pale colt would never see life again, destined to rot in the dark, damp caverns that twisted and turned beneath Helovia. A harsh shiver crossed over my red pelt as a hoof hit a patch of icy slush caused by the coming Birdsong. "Fuck!" The profanity rang clearly through the Steppe as I finally made it onto flat land and off of the treacherous paths that lead to my home, leaving at the very beginning of spring wasn't my wisest choice. But I couldn't stand the restlessness that came along with being cooped up for so long. 

"Incoming." The kite's voice screeched through the bond as an image of some gold and nearly black-bay child is shoved into my mind. He wasn't walking too far ahead of me and I cursed the wind's direction for keeping his presence a secret from me for as long as it had, luckily it didn't seem as if Mother Nature was in either of our favor as the gentle, warm breeze forced tangled tresses to press against my neck rather than pull in the young creature's direction. An image of the once-Lady of the Basin, Illynx, was pressed forwards next as if to compare the child and the former Lady, was this the child of the Engineer and the golden mare? Snorting I shook my ivory crowned skull before trudging onwards once again, stretching my limbs a little in order to catch up with the younger stallion. "Do the Basin's walls bore you as well?" Baritones reached forward hesitantly, breaking through the sound of the bird's singing the arrival of warmer days, reaching towards the gold stamped creature's ears before falling silent once again. Maybe it wasn't only my legs that were restless if I was preparing to start a conversation with this fellow traveler.

blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah 

Tag;; @Galacia  @Zunden
Words;; 513
Notes;; Hope this is okay!

Image Credits
Now waking to the sun
I calculate what I had done
Like jumping from the bow
Just to prove that I knew how
</style>
pixel by nikkayla

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Яikyn
What sounds like a shouted profanity draws my ears back, though I do not look back at first, instead taking in his snow and pine scent, freshly layered over the smells of foreign lands as my own, figuring its probably some wanderer or another, perhaps even a patrol unit; perhaps they feel the weird feeling I feel and just don’t know how to handle it, have tripped on their own feet, or have some weird cursing syndrome – I don’t know, nor do I really find it any of my concern.

It’s followed there after by the muffled crunch of approaching hoof beats, however, and so I spare a glance behind me to find a narrow bodied, bay stag who is perhaps only a year or two older than I am. I feel like I should know him, because he seems familiar, and because there is something to the way he moves, the lines of his figure, and the opacity of his horn that reminds me of d’Artagnan, the grumpy old doctor who had constantly berated my mother’s leadership with remarks that, quite honestly, might have got me kicked across the Basin for laughing if I hadn’t prudently expressed restraint.

Perhaps one of his sons, I muse, finding him walking alongside me in short order, my eyes having roamed ahead once more so that he may or may not know that I knew he was coming up on me at all.

He seems amiable enough, earning a sidelong glance from me that is accompanied with the faintest of friendly smiles (a sorrowful light shining in my eyes regardless), which I use to cover up the ache in my heart that I don’t really want to give away to this guy. I’m not really sure how eager I am to be making new friends just yet, but I don’t really find bridge burning all that appealing of an aspect, either.

Besides, if he is the doctor’s son, we likely have more in common than I will with most.

"I guess," I answer, rolling a shoulder in nonchalance as we walk, lying by avoiding the truth; I have slowed my step to allow for better conversation, obliging the company of this red pelted stranger and his companion, whose shadow cast from overhead drifts like a charcoal ghost across the snow, "is that why you’re out here?"

[ OOC: Dense Rikyn totally has not noticed that Roux is blind yet. xD Pay his idiocy no mind.

Also Nessie feel free to jump in still. I just wanted to go ahead and respond. :3 ]

in every heart a hole
Image Credit

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Glacia Posts: 111
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Name :: Snowy Owl :: None Nessie

For once my wanderings don't take me to warmer places, as per usual. I was returning to one place I had spent a majority of my youngest foal days. I wasn't that much older than before, but I was certainly more mature, and there is no doubt that I had grown more into myself. A mane once short and spiky lay halfway down my neck in thick tendrils of black, my forelock also beginning  to reach my eyes, and bend around the ever growing white horn in the center of my forehead.  That shaggy baby fur? It had finally shed out, leaving a brilliant glossy black coat flecked with white. The tail had grown to the top of my hocks, and the fur at my fetlocks what now long and fluffy. Granted my body was still growing, leaving me at this slightly awkward butt higher than my withers stage. But if you looked closely you would see the beginnings of a lovely mare, that I am sure I would turn out to be.

I was headed back to my home, as there where other things to be done, and those things where a kinda must. However, fate usually surprised me on these steppes. Like many other days, fate seemed to have a different path. From meeting that odd stallion on the steppe, to meeting my father here. Today I would meet someone that I actually knew, but I didn't know I did. I would also meet someone who's father I knew of. The snake like d'artagnan . And the other would be the son of the woman that had saved my life at my birth.

These things I don't know though. 

My head lifts at the sound of voices. Both are deeper than my own, and they are certainly masculine. The forms in the steppe are moving towards me. Curiosity gets the best of me, because from here I can say that I do not recognize either of them. So I move closer. I was younger than both I am pretty sure. Well one I was positive. The other might be slightly older. 

As the distance is closed from both sides I pick up the pace. A little trot helps me move closer to them. Naturally once I reach them I am very unsure of what to say. I look from both colts, studying them both. The older of the two looks like the nightshade, but a weird look over his eyes makes me wonder if he was blind. My head turns to the other boy. He looks like Illynx some. But also someone else I had seen in passing. But at the same time I had no idea who he was. Neither of them. 

Slightly awkwardly I clear my throat, and "Heeell-hi" What comes out of my mouth is some awful attempt at saying hello, but as it came out I had changed my mind to say hi and the result was horrendous. I feel mildly frozen with embarrassment, and I kinda realize that maybe I should have spent more time around the youth in my herd.[/color]

"talk talk talk talk "

I HAD A HEART THEN
but the queen has been overthrown

full image