the Rift

armour and sword [warrior meeting]

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow

The early morning sunlight glimmers off the silver's fur as she patrols through the Edge, her white lion close at heel. A dead rat hangs from the carnivore's jaws, leaving a trail of blood behind him - fitting, for the sort of meeting the ironheart has in mind. She is General now, leader of the warriors, and it is no longer enough for her to simply trundle through life with the occasional spar and invasion organised by somebody else. She is now in charge of all the herd's soldiers, and thus has to decide how to keep them on their toes, how to keep them trained and prepared should the Edge ever make an enemy. She can no longer be a passive member of the Edge - now, she has duties.

Since giving birth, she hasn't fought, and thus is quite eager to get back into the swing of things. Now, with the sun shining and her children happily growing and strengthening, it is easy to forget the trauma of their birth. She almost died - she came closer to entering the abyss than she ever has during battle, and the memory is burnt onto the back of her mind. With Lace's death added to that, it has been a difficult year for the silver soldier, and it's long since time that she got off her ass and back into action.

She halts in the centre of the Edge, a gentle sea breeze ruffling her mane as she parks herself beneath the shade of a tree. Dominus creeps beside her and settles down to devour his rat, spurting blood up the mare's back legs, much to her disgust. She lifts her horned head and releases a cry for the herd's warriors, nerves pulsing in her chest at the idea of being the one to instigate and speak in a meeting. She doesn't exactly have a nervous disposition, but she's not overly fond of crowds, especially crowds giving her their full attention.

Still, needs must. Nyx waits, anxious but stoic, for the warriors to arrive. ""

@ Rohan @Orithia @ Caenan @ Auriel @Lithium

Meeting for the warriors of the Edge! Nyx will assign spars in this thread - in case you want to get them started ASAP, they will be Auriel vs Orithia, Caenan vs Lithium and Nyx vs Rohan (already started set after this thread) Compulsory for all warriors! I'll post again next week, the 16th January! Tuesday 19th January to give the last two people time to post!

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.

Caenan Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4 Years (Ages in OrangeMoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
TierRen
"It's the heart and the soul and the body and the brain
Driving me insane
But the wind and the land and the fire and the rain
Always stay the same"
-Roll With the Wind

Caenan could not still the pounding of his heart. He could hear its beating in his ears as if it vied for his attention against the crashing of the sea. The bay was being called to his first meeting with his comrades. It would be the first time that he met his general.

"Nyx?" Caenan approached the mare and her companion respectfully. He had not planned it that way. The respectful approach was almost uncharacteristic of him and his distrust of authority. Nyx was different though. "I have been wanting to meet you, General." His crooked smile grew on his lips. Nyx was the promise of adventure. His general would wed his thirst for thrills with his quest for meaning.

His emerald eyes watched her closely. Caenan wanted to know more about the one he would allow to command his free spirit. His head was already in the right place; it knew his standing within the herd, but Caenan's heart would still need time to adjust. And the stallion's heart would not do so until it knew something about Nyx that captured it. Caenan knew that he had to forge a bond with the general if he ever wanted to settle easily into his rank as a Protector.

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: caenan_pixel_by_danjahmouse-d9wbjhj.gif]

Auriel Posts: 122
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 Hands :: 3 (Ages Birdsong) HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy
it was said that the blood of the stars
flowed in her veins
It was cold below, but colder above. As I circled the Edge from the sky, my body shivered and my smoky breath was ladened with a chill. My mind was partially on watching the border, but it wandered, flicking to thoughts of my sister and mother. I hadn't seen my sister since TallSun, and my first encounter with my mother this season was looking like my last. I was eager to seek them out, but I wasn't sure what I would say.

I decided to leave these thoughts for another day, for lingering in the center of the Edge loomed a familiar silver shape and unfamiliar bay. The border seemed uneventful enough for me to leave. I tucked my dark wings close to my body, descending towards the pair below. Upon closer inspection, I found the silver shape to be Nyx, the general. Her presence with the bay intrigued me enough to land, to see what was becoming of their gathering.

I landed a few lengths from the pair, looming behind nearby trees and watching them carefully. Their interactions did not seem private, a notable detail in my mind. I huffed a cloud of onyx smoke and flicked my saffron colored tail in annoyance, for I was too far away from them to catch any words they might say. I slipped through the trees, prowling closer until I was too near to be considered simply a listener.

I stood a length behind the bay unicorn, my concerned gaze flicking between the general and the stallion. I muttered a simple hello, adding a respectful nod to Nyx, but not saying much else. I seemed to have a habit of being short on words around Nyx, even though I had only met her one other time. Nevertheless, I was genuinely curious, and had no intentions of leaving this encounter yet.
/ image
She walks in starlight in another world.
She is far away. She...she is far, far away from me.

Rohan Posts: 132
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 :: 8 years HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Éomer :: White-tailed Eagle :: Scream Reli
rohan
RUN AWAY WITH ME
If anyone were to watch him, if anyone were to ask, then the stallion would simply be patrolling.

He would be doing his duties (like a good boy).

His large frame stalks the borders of the Edge, his nose lowered just below the point of his shoulders, his green eyes wild and searching beneath the shadow of his brow. The motions have become almost methodical by now. A trail of imprints marks where his hooves have stepped time and time again, several trees clawed by the restless rutting of his antlers as the hours have come and gone, stretching and pulling and shredding the time until it is just meaningless. The frustration and anger swell inside of him until he feels as if it will rip him apart from the seams. And still he clutches at it, welcoming the fury with open arms, if only to swallow and smother whatever guilt might dare to rise.

The Warlander thought that he could escape this—he thought that he could run and leave it behind

—but perhaps it is not them he is trying to hide from.

Clenching his jaws with a stifled cry, the stallion raises his head when he hears the silver’s call. His thick tail lashes irritably around his legs, and abruptly he decides to ignore her invitation (because he cannot be summoned like a little schoolboy), but his initial conclusion is overruled as quickly as it had been decided. He will go. Of course he will go. He won’t allow one woman to affect all aspects of his life—especially not when another, particularly delectable woman waits for him elsewhere.

With a mighty jerk of his head, Rohan charges deeper into the Edge, allowing his stride to lengthen and his body to roll forth with all the grace and power of his Iberian ancestors. He forces his frustrations to leak into the ground, and remain rooted there, left behind where they will hopefully shrivel before finding him again.

It is much easier to do so when the silver warrior comes into view. Pressing through the trees, his eyes are only for her at first, appreciating her nimble curves (now unburdened by pregnancy), and he offers her a crooked grin. “Nyx, sweetheart,” his deep voice rumbles almost playfully, and he reaches out to touch her cheek before settling loosely at her side. Broadening his attention to the other two, the Warlander glances at the other stallion to acknowledge his presence, before focusing on the mare behind him. As much as he would love to admire her figure, his eyes are drawn to the dark vapor seeping from her nostrils. How strange. “I’ll have whatever she’s having,” he laughs deeply, giving the smoking mare a clever wink.

By all appearances, everything is fine.

Just fine.

“Speech.”
image credits
[Image: 57c5195f31f1b_by_relibelli-db9li1z.png]
please tag Rohan in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow

They come, her warriors, one by one. The first to arrive is a stallion she doesn't recognise, with a hooked horn that she fancies could wrest flesh from bone if he so chose. He points out that he's wanted to meet her, and her womanly pride inches up a few pegs. She's not attention-seeking by design, but damn, it's good to be known. "A pleasure to meet you, soldier. Are you Lithium or Caenan?" She only knows a list of names for her warriors, not faces - she only knows Rohan, the others are all a guessing game. As there's only two male names except for Rohan on her list, that does somewhat narrow her options down.

The second mare she recognises, albeit only from passing. Auriel, she believes her name is. She receives a nod from the silver soldier, before her electric eyes turn to the first familiar face - that of Rohan. Damn, he's even hotter now she's rid herself of the children that had been nestling in her womb last time they met, and her gaze is appraising as she looks him over. She returns his cheek-touch, then settles back to wait for the last two warriors to arrive.

When they show no signs of appearing, she frowns. This is concerning - herself and three other soldiers are not enough to protect a whole damn herd. She will have to do some serious recruiting, and kick some serious ass if there are more warriors that just haven't bothered to show up. "Thank you all for coming. We are waiting for two more, but there is little use in holding on and hoping they turn up, so I'll begin. If they appear, I'm sure they'll soon catch up, once they've recovered from their smacked backsides for their lateness." She flashes a toothy grin to show that she's half-joking. "As the herd's new General, I felt it prudent that I meet with you all to discuss what we're going to do to protect the Edge. My first suggestion is that we all partake in spars this season to keep ourselves in shape and get to know each other a bit more, because I'm a big believer in the fact that you should know the people you share a battlefield with. You will be fighting alongside each other one day, putting your lives in each other's capable hooves. I don't want us to be strangers when that day comes." She looks around, her gaze serious. Lighthearted she may normally be, but about this, she is passionate.

After a beat, she continues. "I hope to spar with all three of you at some point, but for now I'll pair us all up for simple practice battles." She looks between the gathered horses. "You two - " she gestures to Auriel and Caenan with her blackened muzzle "- if it suits you both, will spar before this season's end." She glances to the antlered man, then, a smirk on her lips and a twinkle in her eye. "And Rohan, you get to be that awkward kid who gets paired with the teacher." She winks at him. "I'll be calling you to the battlefield within the next couple of days."

She catches her breath, then glances between the soldiers again. "Whilst we are all here, I would like to hear all of your opinions on how you think we go about protecting the Edge. I might be your General, but we are all warriors here and we all want the same thing, so it seems only fair that we all get an input on how best to defend our home. Do you think the herd has adequate fortifications? Do you believe we need more soldiers in our ranks, or would you prefer a smaller, closer-knit band of brothers and sisters? Do you have any ideas for weapons or armour that we could request from the Glaziers?" She glances to each warrior in turn, making a pointed attempt to meet their gaze and hold it for a fraction of a second before moving on. "I want your opinions, your thoughts, your feelings. We aren't just mindless brawlers, simple swords to be wielded. It isn't good enough to just stomp into battle and hope for the best. So, please, any ideas or feedback you have, speak up." And she falls silent, heart thumping, and hopes.

Sorry for the slow reply! I'll post again once everyone else has :D @Rohan @Auriel @Caenan . Lithium and Orithia are still welcome to join! The new spars are Caenan vs Auriel and Nyx vs Rohan, then Lithium vs Orithia if they both appear. ALSO as there's only a couple of days of the season left, no worries if you don't get the spars up in time!

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.