the Rift

Guilty As Charged

Thantos Posts: 26
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 6.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.1 hands :: 7 Frostfalls HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
xyroca
Standing like a sitting duck surrounded by a bunch of strangers was not exactly something that I was comfortable with, nor was I put at ease as more equines and unicorns began to gather around us. The majority that I had seen were smaller than myself, but I knew better than to misjudge anyone simply because they were a little bit shorter. Not wishing to find myself trapped in a mysterious ambush, I crept away from the crowd as quitly as a massive dragon could, hoping that the majority would be distracted. Following the river south, I kept an ear flicked back for any sounds of being followed while I explored.

'Where am I?' The thought crossed my mind in a fleeting moment while I soaked in the sights around me, marveling at the brilliant reds of the dense leaves above and the ruby-colored waters. The land was darkened by the tightly knit trees, the sun barely able to creep through the thick canopy overhead. The warm glow of my scales lit up my path just enough to create dancing shadows around me, the burning light dancing quickly with my rush of adrenaline. My hooves clicked against river rocks and pebbles, while my talons scraped and crunched the path beneath them. Fiery yellow eyes looked to the blocked sky above, wishing that I could get a better vantage point to view this land in its entirety.

'Well, that's not going to happen here...' I wouldn't be able to stretch my wings enough to burst through the canopy, so I was stuck walking until I could find an open area. The more I looked at the foreign land, the less and less I was able to associate it with anything from the old lands I once new. All signs of Urd completely vanished, replaced by this new land that felt so...alive. Vivid colors, intense smells, the sounds of living creatures hiding in the woods. Hell, it even felt different, to the point that I was beginning to think that I was dead. But, if I was dead...Then, what happened to everyone else? The royals, the rogues, the slaves, the workers, Eva-

Evaneska.

The thought of the petite mare forced me to stop in my tracks, desperately tracing through my memories to see if her familiar face had popped up at any time in the crowd. Nothing came, not a single trace of her existence. The last that I could remember was giving her an order to run as I fought with a demonic rogue. It was not a suggestion, not an offering, it was a command to my loyal slave that I could only hope would have saved her life. It was all I could do, just hope that she made it out of Urd safely. The thought of her small figure, torn and distorted, strewn across the ground with the rest of the corpses...No. I had to imagine she was alive, along with the others that I tried to help escape. All I could do was pray that my job was successful in saving at least one other.

Otherwise, it meant that everyone was killed. It meant that I had brought them their demise. I had brought them pain, torture, even death. I was the reason for the downfall of Urd, I was the reason the rogues attacked, I was the reason...

I was the reason.

Ears firmly pinned themselves back against my horns, shutting my eyes tightly to block out this new world as though I would open them to find I had merely been in a nightmare. But as I relaxed my muscles, the new land didn't change. Everything still felt so real, everything was real. My crown hung slightly, slightly torn and bleeding wings falling limp in defeat to hit the earth with a heavy thud. Even my tail dropped to the ground as I stood, accepting the fact that I was truly alone now. And I was at fault for it all. None of the pain that I should have felt from my recent battle wounds, none of the pain from my turbulent flight, none of the pain from the crash landing could even compare to the excruciating clench of my chest.

I was the reason.

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri</style>
in this world full of people there's one killing me
and if we only die once i wanna die with you
</style>

It was probably stupid of me. No, really stupid of me. Really, really, extremely, inexplicably stupid of me to follow the massive, hulking dragonesque stallion that I had spotted slipping away from the growing crowd after the fight. I couldn't help myself, though. I was curious and so completely intrigued because couldn't really remember ever meeting anyone that looked like him. 

No... that was a lie. There was that one mare in the Edge the first time I met Dragomir, when Ros gave me the tail ring that I was so proud of. But still, he looked so different from her, like the dragon was so much stronger in him.

Anyways, I kinda told Amani to go ahead without me, whether or not she listened was up to her. And even though I knew I needed to get myself to a healer to have my wing checked out I followed at a distance, trying my hardest to be as quiet as possible as I observed him. I couldn't help but stare at his ... dragon feet, I guess, as he walked. I wondered silly things, like if he could carry things gripped in his talons as he flew. If he could how much could he carry weight wise. Then my thoughts took a bit of a darker turn as I wondered how lethal those dragon feet and those talons would be in combat. 

I stood as still as stone, my left wing hanging limp at my side, when he stopped and everything about him drooped from his head to the tip of his tail. Honestly, him standing like that didn't make him appear all that threatening anymore, no matter how his scales and his horns glowed (kinda like Rhoa's wings, I thought). It ... well, it made me a little bit bolder and I stepped forward, my ruined wing dragging the ground as I moved (and yes, it hurt). "Who are you?" I asked as I stopped several feet back. "Where are you from?"

"."

Image Credits

@Thantos

aud pixel!

xyroca
A feminine voice shattered the silence that fell around me, both startling and angering me for not having sensed her approach before. In a flurry of movement I whipped around to face the stranger that had dared to sneak up behind me with ears pinned. Scarlet lips pulled back to bare several fangs, my whip-like tail slashing at the air while my wings flared up in a massive display of aggression and intimidation. The charcoal scales of my body had ignited into a ravenous glow, no longer calm and tranquil, they reflected the fire that burned within my soul as they burned a bright orange and red. An ungodly sound started from deep within my throat, a sound that no equine should be able to create, the rumbling roar of a dragon. Before the sound could fully escape my lips, I choked it back when my golden gaze landed on the smaller vixen.

Had I really become so distracted? I stared at her like a fool trying to catch a fly in their mouth, my ears being the first to relax from the tensed position followed shortly by the snapping shut of my jaws. She was a pretty little thing, her onyx and gold coat nothing like those I had seen within my old home. With feathered wings and a spiraled horn on her crown, she was already different from several of the other strangers that had join those like me back when the bear God had come...In the excitement of the battle, I couldn't even remember if I had seen her or not, but she had to have come from that area. Straightening myself up, I folded my torn wings to the sides of my barrel as I dipped my crown apologetically.

"My apologies miss, you caught me off guard." My baritone voice grumbled out with an unintentional growl, a trait of my voice that at times I couldn't control. Lifting my eyes back up to meet with her scarlet orbs, my glowing scales dying down to a subtle glow once again. "I am Thantos, I come from a land that used to be known as Urd. Your...God of Time? He stated my home was part of a land he called 'The Rift'. Who are you? Where are we?" My hooves shuffled uncomfortably, a hind leg reaching up to rub against the back of my left foreleg with folded claws. Something didn't feel...right. Glancing down and to the side, I stretched out my talons to get a better look. 'Of course.' A cut along my foreleg was starting to itch, probably from whatever the hell had tainted the massive bear god. I must have scraped against a crystal without realizing it, and now the blood had smeared along my talons from where I rubbed. With a couple flicks to shake the blood off, I returned my attention to the mare to await her answers. Injuries were nothing new to me, they always healed eventually.

OOC: Worded it so this is after the god battle. @Ranjiri

Ranjiri</style>
</style>

I flinched and I stumbled backwards several steps when the dragon horse that I had followed spun around to face me. I winced as my movements jerked my injured wing, reminding me just how messed up it had gotten from that crazy mare's attack. He had been big before but now he seemed to be twice his size and those glowing scales and horns suddenly seemed a whole lot more threatening. A growl rumbled in his chest and throat and it sent a chill down my spine. I uh... hadn't thought that he would have fangs, but I guess I should have known better.

I took another couple of steps back even as he seemed calm a bit. "Sorry!" I blurted out. "I...I didn't mean to startle you." Again, I should have known better, especially after both of us came from fighting that demon-bear-god thing with the Time God, and being injured I shouldn't have confronted him alone. As his glowing died down to something a lot more calm I was able to take a better look at him and I saw the cuts from the fight, how his wings were torn and blood dripped from them onto the ground. I wondered for a second how bad I really looked with a wing that I couldn't tuck against my side, a huge gap where my golden feathers had been ripped out...

My ears tilted forward and I listened to him as he introduced himself as Thantos from Urd. "I'm Ranjiri." I said when he returned my question with one of his own. "And uhm... this is Helovia." I paused and I looked around at the strange land that hadn't been Helovia up until a little while ago. "Well.... I guess it is now." It was weird. "Uhh... Where is Urd? I've never heard of it before."

My gaze was drawn down to his dragonfeet as he scratched his foreleg. I wasn't sure what made him look down, too, but I suspected it was my staring (at least until he flicked blood onto the ground). "Oh..." I whispered. "Are you injured badly?"

"."

Image Credits

@Thantos

aud pixel!

xyroca
"You should know better than to approach a stranger from behind, especially after a battle. Is Helovian culture really so backwards?" The words were blunt, and straight to the point with an honest question. First there was a stallion that actually got off in the middle of a blood bath, then their God of Time randomly rewarded prizes to those he deemed 'special' enough (even ones that only stood there and bitched), now it is acceptable to just follow a stranger to God knows where? What is wrong with these people?! Yet, I was considered "sick" because of where I came from. What a ludicrous assumption.

The limp-winged mare continued to speak, and my auds flicked back uncomfortably when she asked of my former home. It was not exactly a question that I wanted to answer, though her question did not necessarily mean that I had to explain what happened. "Urd used to be underground, it's gone now. Collapsed right before I got pulled into this land." I mirrored her actions as I looked around the blood colored forest, it seemed that it was just as new to her as it was to me. How could that be? It seemed that our lifelines, the fabric of our lives were never supposed to be crossed together. Yet here we were, changing the history of the story we wove, intertwining completely different worlds together.

A barely audible whisper jerked me out of my melodramatic thoughts, my crown tilting to the side with curiosity as she asked about my injuries. They really were backwards here. Here I was with some bruises and abrasions, yet she still sounded concerned. "You are hurt, your wing drags, yet you ask about my injuries before worrying about your own?" Golden eyes studied her expression as I spoke, genuinely surprised by her question. She was the first to show any true compassion towards myself, and as far as I knew, towards any of the other strangers that got pulled into Helovia. It was a refreshing sight, to see someone who put others before themselves, even if they had no reason too. Perhaps to some it seemed like a simply question out of habit, to make sure someone was alright. Yet this simple moment spoke wonders to me about her morals. " Miss Ranjiri, I am honored. And, I will be fine after a while. However, I insist that we find you some help."

Slowly, as not to spook the lady, I took a step forward while stretching out my leathery wing towards her limp, feathered one. With a subtle nod towards her injured wing, I hoped that she would understand my intentions as I slipped my wing underneath hers. "Forgive me, if this hurts." Ever so gently, I lifted my wing with hers resting on top of my own, raising hers off the earth and holding it at as level as I could with her body. "Do you know any healers? Are we far from them?"

Ranjiri</style>
</style>

I deserved the scolding, I know, but I didn't think our culture was backwards, but then I wasn't from Urd. How could I know what was backwards to him? Still, I grinned sheepishly. "I'm not well versed in the art of battle or... anything that comes after it." I said. "I'm a crafter, not a fighter." And yet I threw myself headfirst into a battle while Cathun, the warrior, ran away. Maybe he'd had the right idea by retreating. But I always heard that hindsight was 20/20 ... I guess that holds some truth to it.

"Urd used to be underground, it's gone now. Collapsed right before I got pulled into this land."

I wanted to ask more questions about Urd, but there was a finality to his tone that spoke volumes. He didn't want to talk about it. I chewed on my tongue for a few seconds to keep myself from letting more questions fly out of my mouth. Don't make the dragon horse angry. "Oh..." I said instead, once I stopped chewing my tongue. What else was there for me to say? His home was gone and here he was.

He looked rather puzzled when I asked about his injuries and my expression turned sheepish again when he pointed out that it was my wing that was dragging the ground. "Yeah..." I murmured. "Someone attacked me when I attacked the bear..." The sounds that had come from my wing as her hooves hit it and she jerked me to the ground still echoed in my head. "I uhm... I can't lift it..."

" Miss Ranjiri, I am honored. And, I will be fine after a while. However, I insist that we find you some help."

It was weird hearing someone call me Miss Ranjiri. "You don't have to call me 'Miss'." I was saying as he stepped toward me and I watched him as he slipped his wing under mine and lifted it. The motion pulled at the muscles in my wing and I swear it felt like someone was stabbing me in the shoulder and along my back. "Owww..." I whimpered and it made me suck in my breath, my face locked in a grimace until he finally stopped moving. He asked about healers and if there were any close by and my answer was a little delayed. "I... I don't know if there were any back there. Sikeax is a healer, she's probably in the Dragon's Throat..." And it would be a long walk back home. "She can heal you, too."

"."

Image Credits

@Thantos

aud pixel!

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily
Amani

So, even though Ranjiri had told me to go on without her.... Did she really think I would listen? I had meant what I said. We were finishing this patrol together. If that meant I had to support her wing all the way back to the Throat walking, then I would. So it's with a soft sigh that I trail along behind her, almost like a bodyguard. I watch quietly as she speaks with the dragon like stallion. My Mother had told me of a stallion like him Vikram had been his name. He had been the mate to the leader of the Qian, Mirage. I didn't really know any more than that.

So to be honest, I to was curious. He was massive. He towered above Ranjiri, which meant I was really no match for him in size.... But I had magic tricks in my veins that could help if they were needed. I listen, mildly out of my own curiosity. I don't want to fully eavesdrop. It's only when he, Thantos I think he said his name was spoke of a healer that I began to pay full attention.

It was when Ranjiri winced in pain that I moved forward. "He's right Ranjiri. We need to get you healed up before anything else happens to your wing." I find my legs carrying me forward to join the conversation. Inside, I want to just crawl away. I am a shrimp compared to them both. I want to just take off and go hide away somewhere so I can remain unnoticed and overlooked like I have been for seasons now. Instead I act as if I am some social butterfly. Oh well.

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

x - x

Please Tag Amani in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

xyroca
An unexpected voice interrupted our conversation before I could respond to Ranjiri's words, the hairs of my neck bristling at the intrusion. A glare shot back over my shoulder to dare whoever approached to try something, but as my eyes dropped down to a pegaus even smaller than the gold and black, I relaxed. When the young mare spoke to Ranjiri, calling her by name even, I decided that she was of no threat towards myself or to my new acquaintance. I dipped my bearded muzzle slightly in greeting towards her, accepting her company as well.

"I take it you two know each other? Good, more eyes and ears to watch for anyone that may want to finish what was started with the bear..." I extended my free wing out in front of me, crown slightly lowered to show that I was going to allow the new pegasus to lead the way. Ranjiri couldn't very well lead as I supported her, and I assumed that the chocolate colored girl would know where to go. "Lead the way, Miss...?" I spoke, implying for the mare to introduce herself before we could head towards their healers. Waiting for her to give her name, if she chose to be so willing, I then introduced myself once again. "It's a pleasure, my name is Thantos."

When our small group started off towards the land of their healers, I let the thousand of other questions flow through my head as I tried to pick the best one to keep the conversation going. What an unconventional group we were, putting our trust into each other without any more than a few introductions. It was stupid, in reality, on both sides of the story. Who was to say that I wasn't a fire-breathing monster with a taste for pony? Who was to say they weren't lovely sirens luring me into an ambush? It was all we had, the faith and hope that one would not harm the other. I cleared my throat slightly before speaking up towards the smaller of the two pegasus mares, not recalling if I had seen her in the mighty fight with the bear god. "Did you fight as well?"

The mares here were quite brave it seemed, not only were they letting a stranger that could snap them like a twig assist them, but they also did not shy away from a fight with an ancient god. They helped bring down the infected deity, helping to save their homes and the Rifters that were thrown into the mix. "Are you warriors? Your herd would be proud, I am sure."

@Ranjiri & @Amani

Ranjiri</style>
</style>

I had partly expected for Amani to go ahead of me as I had suggested she did because I figured there was no reason for both of us to not complete our patrol just because my wing was hurt. The other part of me was relieved when I heard her voice because I enjoyed her company. "Amani," I said her name warmly as I turned my head to look at her. Thantos was then asking if we knew one another and I nodded. "We both live in the Dragon's Throat." I answered.  

Thantos suggested that Amani lead the way, which I suppose was the smartest thing, since I couldn't lead while he supported my wing. I was quite content with walking with the both of them back to the Throat making small talk all the way there, but then I heard a scream. I froze in place, my ears straining forward and a look on concentration on my face as I listened.

"RANJIRI!"

"MEG!" I shouted back before I could catch myself. I looked at Amani then at Thantos. "That's my Sultana." I explained. "I have to go!" As I spoke I could still hear the dying echo of her voice as she shouted another name along with mine. "Amani, we have to go!" I pulled away from Thantos, my face scrunching up as my wing slipped from his and fell limply against my side again.

I started to move away but then I stopped and I looked back at Thantos, who was probably just as lost as Amani and I were in this foreign land that our god had brought back. "Why don't you come with us?" I asked, but I waited only a second before I was moving again. I figured if he wanted to come with us he would follow behind us.

"."

Image Credits

@Thantos
@Amani

aud pixel!