the Rift

Perseverance

Ophyreia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Well, she had survived winter's chilling grasp in this new and unknown land. The frostbitten season had been spent searching for a way to return to her home realm, and the season had ended with nothing to show for her quest. Not only was she in a strange land she hadn't even known existed, but she was also herd-less, a Chieftess without her vassals. Needless to say, the wild woman was not in the best of spirits.

Nevertheless, there was not a tendon in her burly feminine body that had the ability to just give up. As spring (she had heard it was called Birdsong here?) brought tentative buds to the branches above her, she had grudgingly accepted the fact that she had to move on. Her carmine gaze swept over the clearing she found herself in, the ground sodden with snowmelt. Her eyes were bright with weariness and caution; it would take some time for her to gain her confidence back, especially without the presence of the magic that had been such an integral part of her individuality. 

Closing her eyes for just a moment, she gathered the courage needed to break open the shell she had grown over the past few months. Her feathered chocolate legs stiff and solid in the ground, her thick charcoal tresses laying flat against her body, the multitude of mussels flashing turquoise hues with any movement... the mare was an imposing and alluring sight to see among the awakening forest of the Threshold. "Come and get me," she said softly, her rustic alto tones daring the quiet air to bring its best.

She was ready.

TAG: Edge horses! @Ophelia @Jahzara
COUNT: 272 words
NOTES: it's short and stuff, but it's a good start for my girl's debut! *.*
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia

Birdsong arrived slowly, and she looked up at the myriad of trees adorned with crisp, green leaves. Snow melted into the ground, and the scents were rich all around her, a musky smell of rebirth and vibrancy. Squirrels raced up trees. New life was beginning to grow, but her heart was still winter. Snow and ice still fell within her soul, a chill to the beauty around her. The only hearth in her heart was being built by one other - Torleik. She held hope that he would be able to truly love her, but after years of solitude and fallen comrades, she could not ignore the troubled fate that followed in her steps. 

Ophelia had spent some time in the far reaches of the world, uncomfortable with her new position. She had gone from Lady of the Aurora Basin - powerful and feared, to a lowly spy once more. Her position served both Torleik and Mauja, and she struggled to face her heart and their looks - both had such expressive, beautiful blue eyes. And she was but a moth, wild and drawn here and there. No longer did she feel like the master of her own fate, but she was content enough for now to wade through the uncertainty and observe her new path. 

But, she supposed she needed to truly serve her new herd, so she found herself in the woods again - the familiar threshold. Here, she had spent much of her time gathering souls to commit to whatever cause was popular at the moment. At least this cause was just the comfort of family, and she did not have to spin her wiles to convince strangers to follow her home. Ophelia blinked her strange, dual colored eyes, white lashes dancing over her high, elegant cheek bones. Split hooves jumped through the earth, Tinek, her silver dragon, racing along the boughs of the treetops and grinning his white, toothy grin. 

That was when she found this stranger. Ophelia was taller, but not by much. This stranger was thicker and of an earthier hue, a natural looking creature. Her horns were curled and matching, black hair tumbling in thick droves, and fur covered her lower legs. They could not have been more different - except for Ophelia's one red eye. It almost matched those of this stranger, and she stepped forward with curious confidence, mousy gray lips curling up into a small smile. 

Even their voices were different. Ophelia's angelic, chime-like tones were girlish and feminine, but this stranger had a strong voice, powerful where Ophelia was slight. "Welcome to Helovia," she said softly, bowing her head in respect. "My name is Ophelia, Munnin of the World's Edge - a knowledge seeker."  That did sound better than "spy" right? "Who are you?" The question was asked politely, and she stood quietly, observing with a curious, distant air. 

@Ophyreia

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Jahzara Posts: 63
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 hands :: 6 Birdsongs
Xyroca

Jahzara

The golden vixen wandered to a familiar land that she had grown comfortable with long ago, the Threshold. Although Spring had come by to warm the lands around her, bringing with it the comfort of what should be her home, Jahzara still felt like she was trapped in the same position she had been earlier. Since the change in the royals and ranks, Jahzara had only met two of the newcomers that were kind enough to show some consideration when she was having an emotional breakdown. Torliek and Elsa, both had assured her that it would get easier. So when was that supposed to happen? Her closest friends were all gone, she had been demoted from her rank, she had to listen to new leaders (granted she felt a little more comfortable after talking to Torliek), she was surrounded by unicorns after always being told they were to be feared, she was surrounded by strange stallions she never met, and to top it all of - She was living in a murderous Goddess' land.

Her ever faithful imaginary companion, Lily, had convinced her that perhaps she would feel better if she felt like she had a purpose again. Being nothing more than another lowly mare citizen in a herd where no one knew her name was starting to get to her, so if she went out to bring new members to the herd as she had in the past, she would be able to socialize more and boost her self-worth. It was exactly why the Arabian appaloosa cross was picking her way through the Threshold in search of any lost strangers in need of a home. A fresh scent caught her attention, and she picked up her pace to a lively trot, a glimmer of hope in her healthy gaze.

But as she broke through the treeline, that hope dropped when she realized that someone had already beat her to the newcomer. 'So much for being useful...' Jahzara thought to herself, while the voice of Lily broke through her mind in an attempt to comfort her. 'It's okay Jay, you can find someone else later. Might as well be friendly now.' Turning her crown to better see the unicorn duo, Jahzara realized she vaguely recognized the ivory mare from around the World's Edge, she was one of the new members. However, she had just missed her name. Awkwardly she stepped forward, feeling her cheeks flush red as she introduced herself. "I'm sorry for interrupting, I am also from World's Edge...My name is Jahzara, it's a pleasure to meet you."

"Talk"

@Ophyreia
Force permitted against Jahzara, but please to not maim or kill her!
Please tag only in first posts!

Unregistered
It did not take long before the shuffle of emerging grass and the rustling of budding leaves brought the lost Chieftess some companionship. The first was an elegant mare, her coat of the starkest white that the traveler had ever seen. Long tresses dipped in crimson hues, and a single red eye to match her own, she was just barely taller. The confidence in the mare's steps exuded a life of importance, of which Ophyreia could very much relate to. She calmly announced herself as Ophelia (she could almost chuckle at the similarity to her own title), a muninn - an unknown word that she quickly equated to knowledge seeker. The rustic woman's ears pricked forward. With just one sentence, the alabaster visitor had completely caught her interest.

Before she could respond, another mare approached the clearing. This one's steps were much more cautious. The golden woman was of the same physique as Ophelia, albeit slightly more dainty. If their species could blush, this woman would be a prime example of the physical phenomenon. Another introduction - this time, Jahzara. The mussel-adorned woman nodded to both of her visitors.

Captivating crimson eyes gliding from Ophelia to Jahzara, her chocolate lips curled up in the beginnings of a smile. One confident and calm, the other hesitant and perhaps even shy. She'd like to think she was a perfect balance for the two. But the time for such musings would come later, now was the time for courtesy and socialization. "My name is Ophyreia," she said lightly, her tone making it clear that she thought their names were quite an amusing coincidence. She did not offer her moniker, preferring only trustworthy friends to use the shortened name. Maybe these two would be deserving, someday.  "I can't help but notice... you both mentioned this 'World's Edge'? What an intriguing name. It must be a rather pleasant home, to demand the loyalty of the likes of you."

A flash of gray in the trees above brought her gaze to rest upon a small dragon. She let out a small gasp of incredulity - what a beautiful realm with such interesting creatures. She felt a familiar tug in her chest as she tried (and failed, yet again) to transform into her feathery counterpart in an attempt to join the flighted dragon. Maybe she would discover her magic here, too.

TAG: @Ophelia @Jahzara
COUNT: 391 words
NOTES: Thanks for joining me, guys! <3
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia

Smaller and daintier than either of them, a golden ray stepped into the center of their introduction, claiming she too was from the World’s Edge. Ophelia recognized her, but only from a distance, and she was unperturbed by the addition to their conversation. In fact, she was far more comfortable with another by her side, so she could hide behind her words and not her own. Very few looked at her now with an open expression, especially since most were aware of her tumultuous and bloody history. At two, she had brought war upon the Foothills (now the Falls) and lead a band of mercenaries and spies.

She was at the root of three wars, her intelligence and strategy urging drastic action, but clever as she was, Ophelia was not the one to take credit. Deimos and Archibald were the heroes of the Falls, though it was she who secured their safety to invade and made the crucial introductions. Throughout Helovia’s history, she was hiding in the corners of major events, and thus many were at least aware of who she was. Being new and unknown was refreshing, and she smiled warmly at Jahzara and their (hopeful) new recruit.

The stranger seemed kind enough, her amusement clear and shared when she told her name. Ophelia chuckled, finding their kinship (in name only) to be quite interesting, and she smiled a bit wider, mousy lips curling in the expression which reached her stranger, two-colored eyes. “Nice to meet you, Ophyreia,” she said warmly. The Forsaken shifted her weight onto one hip, relaxing visibly. “Do you go by a shortened name? Mine is ‘Phi’,” she offered, wondering if their pet-names would be more distinguishing than their full ones.

Phi felt rather caught off guard by this stranger’s question. She knew very little open her home, so she turned to Jahzara, speaking slowly. “I am new to the land. My… uh… One of the leaders, Torleik, was once my general, and he was chosen to govern the World’s Edge, so I followed,” she said, furrowing her brows and clearing her throat a little nervously. “But yes, the forests are lovely, and the atmosphere is friendly.” The pale princess looked up at Tinek when the stranger gasped, and she smiled softly. Her dragon purred in a gentle way, hanging from the tree by his thick, scaled tail.

“He is Tinek,” she introduced. The dragon blinked his red eyes and clicked his front talons together in a wave he learned from another dragon, Comadre. Comfortable in the middle of the conversation, he reached out and untangled part of Ophelia’s mane, though his gaze was captivated by the shiny mussel shells that wrapped around Ophyreia’s neck. 

@Jahzara @Ophyreia

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
Ilios
There was no rest for the wicked here in Helovia. Not that Ilios was even close to wicked, he just liked the phrase. A light chuckle erupted form his muzzle as the boy strode through the budding trees. He paused as voices wafted towards him. Golden ears pricked and swiveled trying to pinpoint their location. He could hear three females in the distance. Letting out a warm whinny the young stallion picked up a smooth canter. It was easy for the youth to maneuver around the thick trees. Having grown up in the World's Edge, this was nothing. At least there wasn't mist to block out the grabbing roots that reached for unsuspecting hooves. It didn't take but a few moments to reach the trio. He was just in time to catch that the pretty Grulla's name and that the other two were from his previous home. Upon entering the clearing he stopped a respectful distance away before bowing low.

Rising from the ground he smiled at each mare his breath catching at how beautiful each was, and so different. Clearing his throat he let the deep drawl out, "Hello, I'm Ilios I hail from the Dragon's Throat. It's a pleasure to meet all of you." Silver eyes turned towards each in turn before shifting so he could hold them all in his sight. "I couldn't help but hear that you two," he turned towards the white and spotted palomino, "Are from the World's Edge?" He smiled charmingly at the Grulla, "It is a glorious place, I was raised there." The poor boy was still in over his head greeting newcomers. He prayed that it would become easier with time, that one day he would know what to say to bring new people home with him.

He stood quietly and gazed upon the marvelous silver dragon. Jealous pierced his heart, not for a dragon, but for something different. He longed for a shape-shiftier, a companion of many skins and abilities. How cool would that shit be? One companion capable of turning into whatever it wanted? Pushing the greedy thoughts away he looked sheepishly at the white and red mare. "He is magnificent Miss." She smiled and inclined his head to the dragon. As he shifted the silver metal boots around his forelegs clicked and clanged. In this shade it was just dark enough the see the faint glow they gave off. They were splendid at night, tiny lanterns on his legs, the only bad thing was they covered a great deal of his teal stockings. He turned to look at them all slowly taking in everything about all of the pretty ladies before him.

Wonderings Talking
Words: 444
OOC: Sorry if it sucks xP
His voice
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~ Robert Frost
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Jahzara Posts: 63
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 hands :: 6 Birdsongs
Xyroca

Jahzara

A soft smile graced the lips of the golden vixen when Ophyreia asked about their home, letting the ivory mare say her piece. Jahzara was a bit surprised that Ophelia turned to her, expressing how she was still new to the lands. 'Here is your chance Jay! Talk about the Edge!' Lily urged in the back of her mind, and the dainty vixen began to imagine her friend standing next to her. The stout little pony with vibrant purple coloring was unseen and unheard by all except Jahzara, but the golden vixen was happy to see her nonetheless. Looking down at the figment of her imagination, her smile widened before she looked up to speak.

At least, until another voice came in. Startled by the sudden addition of a male, Jahzara jumped slightly, instinctively taking a step away from the young stallion. When he asked of their residence, Jahzara nodded before finally answering the grullo's question. "Yes, the World's Edge is lovely. I've lived there for...Almost a few years now I believe. It's a beautiful wood with a pretty mist, and there are some cliffs with great views of the ocean...Although the current leads are new, I have met Torliek, he seems quite nice so far." She couldn't really vouch for most of the newer members, as she didn't really know them, but Jahzara felt comfortable leaving it at that.

Lily nudged at her friend's leg, urging her to continue while the others fawned over the ivory mare's dragon. Nervously, Jahzara looked down at the pony's face, beaming with a wide smile in hopes of gaining some confidence once again. "The World's Edge is always welcome to those in need of a place to stay..." Slowly, she looked back up to the grullo mare with her head turned just enough that her healthy eye could watch her reaction. "Maybe you would like to join us?" The pure innocence that radiated from the golden made her seem like a child asking a new friend if they wanted to play, a trait that Jahzara would never be able to shake.

OOC: Her posts will get better once her confidence is back up, it's hard to play her when she feels awkward.

"Talk"

@Ophyreia
Force permitted against Jahzara, but please to not maim or kill her!
Please tag only in first posts!

Unregistered
Their pleasant introductions quickly took a turn into more uncomfortable territory, as Ophelia - or "Phi" - asked for a nickname to refer to her as. What an unusual request from a stranger. Were nicknames not something shared only between friends in this realm? Blinking her rust red eyes as if that would wash away the brightness of uncertainty, she stomped one of her heavily feathered hooves. Before Ophyreia took the leap into unchartered territory, however, the ivory woman continued on to describe this "Torleik." The grulla mare tilted her head ever so slightly as she detected just a hint of anxiety from her otherwise confident new acquaintance. What an interesting reaction to describing one's leader... she suspected there was more to that story.

Giving a name to the intriguing little dragon upon the branches brought a genuine smile to Ophyreia's velveteen muzzle. She bowed her head slightly to the dragon, appreciating its obvious intelligence. "What a pleasure, Tinek." Whether this species could understand her speech she did not know, but she gave him the courtesy of her doubt.

Raising her head, sinewy muscles rippling with the movement of her long neck, her eyes rested upon the arrival of yet another, this time a strapping young stallion. He introduced himself as Ilios, and she was rather impressed with the silver and teal wings that adorned his shoulders. This Dragon's Throat he spoke of sounded imposing, sparking her curiosity once more. The youth's greeting was quickly overlapped by Jahzara's tentative description of the World's Edge. A wooded region, blanketed in mist with views of the ocean's endless reach. Shadowed ears pricking once more, Ophyreia approached the golden mare, crimson eyes gazing into contrasting aqua ones. The woman's innocence was refreshing and charming. "Your home sounds flawless, Jahzara. I would love to join you," she replied contentedly. Swinging her attention back to the warmblooded alabaster, she added, "If your Torleik will have me?" 

With the indefinite offer of a new home, the earthen mare couldn't help but prance forward with a small burst of enthusiasm. Her thick charcoal tresses waved behind her, enhancing her animation. She looked toward the young stallion who had only just joined their small group. "The Edge sounds much more suitable for my tastes, but perhaps I will visit this Throat that you speak of. It sounds quite riveting." Turning toward Ophelia, she offered a small smile as she took the leap she had been so unsure of just minutes before.

"You can call me Phyre." 

TAG: @Ophelia @Jahzara @Ilios
COUNT:  416 words
NOTES: