the Rift

[OPEN] Sing of Spring

Jahzara Posts: 63
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 hands :: 6 Birdsongs
Xyroca

Jahzara

'Sprriiiiing tiiiiime! It's in the aaaaiiiir! It's all around us and it's pretty and wonderful and it's SPRINGTIIIIIME!' Even Jahzara's ears pinned back in an attempt to block out the awful singing of her imaginary friend, Lily, as they wandered through the Thistle Meadow. In her mind's eye, Lily was bouncing along ahead of her through the flowers and tall grass with playful leaps. To see her happy hallucination brought a gentle smile to the Arabian mixed mare, a bubbly laugh escaping her lips for the first time in months. "Oh Lily, you're so silly! But I wouldn't look into a singing career if I were you." Jahzara teased her friend, receiving a huff from the stout little pony who had shoved her nose and tail in the air.

'I don't know what you're talking about Jay, I have the voice of an AAAAAANNGEEEEEEL! I feel pretty! Oh so pretty! I feel pretty and witty and GAAAAAAAAAAY!' With another squawk, Jahzara cringed against the noise before busting out in a full belly laugh. Lily couldn't keep up with her singing anymore, Jahzara's infectious laughter spreading to the point where the purple pony was rolling on the earth, stubby hooves kicking at the air as they enjoyed themselves. When the giggles started to die down, Lily rolled onto her side to look at her creator. 'I'm glad you're laughing Jay, you've not even smiled in so long...' She wasn't trying to bring up old wounds, but it made Jahzara sigh regardless.

"I know,  maybe the warmth of Spring has helped changed my mood. I can't sit around and sulk forever in the Edge, I've done enough of that. And I'm tired of breaking down when the world keeps changing...' It was a moment of clarity for the young-minded mare, a spark of wisdom that every now and then reflected upon her true age. Though Jahzara lived her life with the mentality of a child, there were a few times when she was able to express her maturity and intellect. Enjoying the view of the flowery meadow and the relaxing warmth of the sun, Jahzara tucked her legs beneath her beside her hallucination as they continued to chat about anything and everything that came to mind. Just as best friends are supposed to do.

"Talk"
'Lily - Hallucination'

@Alleo
Force permitted against Jahzara, but please to not maim or kill her!
Please tag only in first posts!

Alleo Posts: 115
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
ali
alleo</style>
close your eyes, i know what you see
the darkness is high, and you're in ten feet deep
but we've survived more terrible monsters than sleep
and you know i will be here to tell you to breathe
</style>

Finally, finally spring had come and with it the bone-chilling frigidness of winter had finally left for another couple of seasons. Good riddance. Winter, it seemed, was getting harder and harder on him and the only thing he could figure was the cause was his age. When had he gotten so old? His joints protested against the cold, his muscles ached, and old wounds from battles long since passed flared and reminded him We're still here.

It had probably been wrong of him, but the cold had driven him to Helovia's heart for warmth. He'd spent a majority of the season in the caves because it was there that the cold couldn't make him hurt like it did when he was in the Falls. The stallion was well aware that his actions would be frowned on by his herd, but he couldn't make himself care enough. Was that another symptom of growing age? Not giving a shit about anything?

His journey from the Heart to the Falls naturally took him through the Thistle Meadow where it was even more obvious that spring had arrived. The trees were turning green, flowers were blooming, patches of dandelions had sprouted and, despite his age, he couldn't help himself. He just had to kick the puffy weed and watch the seeds float on the breeze that made the grass ripple and sway.

A shift in the breeze carried a voice with it and it made Alleo alert. His head rose higher, his ears tilted forward and he began to look around, his bi-colored eyes sweeping across the meadow until he found the form of the mare laying in the grass. But he didn't see anyone else, so who was she talking to?

The only thing that made him walk toward her was the possibility that she might be hurt and in need of help and he couldn't walk away knowing that he might have been able to help someone. He cleared his throat as he approached to alert her to his arrival. "Hello, Miss." He said and he glanced around because he still could have sworn that he'd heard her talking to someone. "Are you okay?"

"."

Credits

@Jahzara

Hidden Account
Xyroca

Jahzara

She was so busy chattering away with her hallucination that Jahzara didn't even notice the approaching stallion's hoof steps until he cleared his throat to speak with her. With a startled little jump, Jahzara turned her head to look at the older stallion with surprise and embarrassment. Usually she didn't have a problem with others knowing about Lily, she understood that no one else could see her, but it was different when she was unexpectedly joined and asked if she was alright. Wanting to bury her head in the dirt from the shyness, Jahzara did the next best thing she could and lowered her head to over just about the ground. Her forelock covered over her blinded, blue eye while her healthy brown stared up like a child afraid to talk to a stranger. "Errr, yes...I'm fine."

Lily, however, was not so embarrassed. Nor was she very impressed by the pathetic stance she had put herself in at the hoofs of this stranger. '...What are you doin'? Get'cho butt up from that dirt and talk to the man like normal.' The stout little pony scolded the gold and snow colored mare, waddling up to her to nudge her to her feet. Obeying the orders of her imaginary friend, Jahzara rose to her feet with a guarded look. Her chin tucked close to her chest, arching her neck as though she was now trying to hide behind her mane. "I uh...I didn't mean to cause concern...I was just..." Jahzara cast a nervous look down to the pony she saw at her side, and Lily gave an approving nod and encouraging smile. "I was talking to my friend. I-I know you can't see her, but she says hello..." Jahzara braced herself for mockery, surely a stallion of his age would tell her she needed to grow up, that she was crazy, that she needed to join the real world.

The ever hopeful Lily was a bit more optimistic, beginning to circle around the stallion and inspect him. It was how Jahzara learned about the strangers that spoke to her, noticing the little nuances that her hallucinations did, believing that it was because of them that she was able to learn of such things rather than accepting the fact that she probably saw them on her own out of the corner of her eye. Jazhara watched, her eyes following Lily walk around the stallion that towered before them. It was quite the sight, to see the height difference between the tiny pony that barely came up to his knees. 'Man, you got some scars on ya, don't ya buddy? Big boy, too. But, you look normal aside from that. Ain't got none of them pointy head things, weird colors or wings stickin' out'cha butt... He don't smell like he's from the Edge, but I think he's alright for now, Jay." Finishing her inspection, Lily returned to Jahzara's left side with a pleased smile, her nose proudly jutted in the air but with her eyes still locked onto the giant. "I'm watchin' you..."

With a soft smile, Jahzara looked back up at the stranger that Lily had randomly decided to give her approval of. "I think she likes you. My name is Jahzara, her name is Lily." Leaning her head slightly to the left, towards her blind side, she directed the stranger to Lily's location at her introduction.

"Talk"
'Lily - Hallucination'

@Alleo

Alleo Posts: 115
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
ali
alleo</style>
close your eyes, i know what you see
the darkness is high, and you're in ten feet deep
but we've survived more terrible monsters than sleep
and you know i will be here to tell you to breathe
</style>

Alleo nodded his head when the mare said that she was fine, but as she rose to stand he stepped back to allow her room. He stepped back again, giving the mare more room when he saw how guarded she was as she stood there. The stallion cast another look around the meadow, half expecting to see the retreating form of someone that would make her put up such a guarded front. But then he realized it was himself. He was the reason for that look on her face and the way she tried to hide behind the paleness of her mane.

Him.

He sighed and kept his gaze diverted from her so she would not think the directness of his gaze was meant to be intimidating, but when she said she was speaking to her friend he glanced back. 'I know you can't see her, but she says hello...' the mare told him and he was baffled for a moment. A friend he couldn't see? But then he remembered his sisters and their imaginary friends when they were young and innocent. Was this mare still so young and innocent that she had been able to keep her imaginary friend? How had she managed to do it?

"Oh..." Alleo said and he found himself watching the mare's eyes as they traced over every inch of his flesh. Following her invisible friend? While she was preoccupied he continued to study her face and when she smiled he felt a small tinge of relief. 'I think she likes you.' The mare told him and his ears tilted forward. "Does she?" He asked and he paused as the mare introduced herself and Lily. "I am Alleo." He lowered his head in a respectful bow to Jahzara and Lily. "Tell me, Miss, what did your friend say that makes you says he likes me."

"."

Credits

@Jahzara

Hidden Account
Xyroca

Jahzara

Waiting for the stallion to berate her, mock her for her foolishness, laugh her away for seeing something that wasn't there...Jahzara held her breath and prepared for the worse, but her breath escaped her and her eyes widened as he regarded Lily like she was truly there. Watching him carefully as he bowed, Lily beamed next to her with a ridiculously happy grin when he asked about what she had said. Oh, this was just too good to let go. 'Tell him I said he's got a nice booty for an old fart.' The lilac pony was positively bouncing with excitement, her stubby little legs hopping off the ground as she made her suggestion. Jahzara shot the pony a petrified glare, her eyes wide with disbelief and a brow raising with body language that clearly stated 'I am not saying that!'. Lily's grin only grew wider, snorting back a fit of laughter at her best friend's new predicament. 'What? Too subtle?'

Lily's erupted laughter was met with an eye roll from Jahzara, who merely shook her head and tried to hide the blush that rose to her cheeks from embarrassment. "She thinks you're normal, said that you were alright. But, she said she is watching you. We don't see too many equines around anymore..." Lily was collecting herself, trying to calm her laughter only to suggest more things that Jahzara could say to him. 'Ha-haaaa! Hoooo, I'm sorry Jay. I couldn't help it. Why don't you ask him where he's from? Ol' boy probably has some stories to tell.'

With her embarrassment slowly fading and trusting in Lily's confidence, Jahzara's tensed muscles began to relax. After all, the stallion had even respectfully stepped back, which had not gone completely unnoticed by the golden girl. Tossing her forelock over her scarred eye, Jahzara turned her head just slightly to meet the striking blue gaze of Alleo. "She'd like to know where you are from, she says you seem like you'd have a lot of stories to tell." Jahzara chose to exclude her hallucinations comments regarding the stallion's age.

"Talk"
'Lily - Hallucination'

@Alleo