the Rift

[OPEN] A Time to Relax

Entia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Entia
we could write a bad romance
On his way to the Edge, to Endless Blue, to the Grove, he had passed through this place, a great open meadow - yet now he was here, and the scent of spring was rich on the air. He could smell it, and even taste it as he walked, the feeling of the warmer winds touching his hide sending a chill along his spine that ran all the way to the ground - and yet he walked, steadily, until he walked alongside the little shimmering creek, listening to its gentle words as he walked. It was soothing, and yet why he suddenly felt like listening he didn't know - he just did. He followed the stream until it narrowed, feeding into the wide river, and he stopped at the edge and looked at it. He thought about walking a little further, but no longer felt like it.

So, with a little shake of his head, Entia lowered his gaze and looked about here. There was less cover, but he had no need to run and take shelter. With his mis-matched eyes he looked around, gently trailing his gaze from here to there, taking in the new sights that were before him. A light buildup of cloud was seen in the sky, growing on the horizon as the day warmed and the air rose, and Entia watched it.

He did like one thing about this place so far; it was all so new, so shining, but so old it had so many stories to be told. Opening before him was a new chapter entirely, and though he was a little hesitant, he was ready to embrace it. Entia was about to leave though, and continue his wanderings, when there was a sound nearby - he cocked his head and looked, curiosity there bright and alive, wondering if he was imagining things, or if there was someone there...

note; apologies for this dodgy opening post <3 it'll be better! D: @Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin Posts: N/A
Unregistered

So much had happened since she had arrived here in Helovia. She had successfully managed to withhold her loyalties, keeping herself from the chains. A fact that is only impressive when one realizes that she's been wandering the wilds of Helovia for an entire year. She'd kept to herself mostly, except when she'd partnered herself with Elsa in the Earth God's tasks and roomed with her on the God's makeshift Ark. The thought had been, apparently, to cleanse the lands. That turned out to be nothing more than a joke. The mere thought of it made her scoff and long to roll her sickly green eyes. It came as no surprise to the dark mare when they disembarked the Ark only to discover that nothing had changed. Everything was simply... moist and muddy. The added moisture made things more green, perhaps, but the darkness still lingered as it always would.

The small mare wandered, keeping to the wilds and ducking in and out of the shadows. Today, though, she found herself in the Thistle Meadow - spring heavy in the air, thick with the budding of new life. The land is turning green once more and the flowers are budding and growing. Songs whisper throughout - songs of birds and of the trickling stream weaving its' way through the landscape. She'd been here once before. This had been the clearing that the Earth God had chosen to build his Ark. It was here that she'd met Elsa. Dovahkiin had considered her a friend at the time, and part of her still did but they had lost contact - predominantly because the dark mare was prone to slipping into anonymity (and she is quite good at it).

She moves quietly and easily across the landscape, green eyes ever watchful and ears always keen. She spies him by the stream, apparently preoccupied with something else and with a lightness in her step, she slips into the shadows of a few nearby trees. She watches him for a moment, curiosity building within. Another sound off to her right causes her to jerk her head towards the side, smacking her antler against the tree. Green eyes catch a glimpse of a deer fleeing the open meadow for the safety of the trees. She winces at her careless mistake. Her first since she'd arrived. Turning her head back to where he had been, she finds his mismatched eyes on her. It wasn't like she was difficult to spot with the vivid white and red stripes covering most of her black coat. With a soft snort the small mare moves towards him, placing herself across from him on the other side of the stream. She unabashedly allows her green gaze to look him over and with a small smirk curving her lips, a flare of approval evident in her eyes. "I've wandered these lands for a year," she begins, her voice strong and just a bit sultry, "where have you been hiding?"

Clearly, she'd been alone for way too long.
image credits
Table and Picture by Nicole (Niki)

note; wow, sorry. she's really turned into my flirty character. <3 @Entia

Unregistered
Entia
It seemed wherever he went in this place, in Helovia, he wasn't left alone for lone. If he were an introvert, he would be very distraught but Entia, while not really one way or the other. At least when he turned to look at what had caused this little disruption, it was pretty obvious who it had been. She was there, black with brilliant striping, and atop of her head were a set of antlers - he'd seen these before, but he had never seen those alike hers, so brilliant in their colouring at the ends. It went quite well with her, but what it was that truly seized his attention was nor the markings nor the antlers.

It was her eyes.

They were brilliant green, shining and stood out, and they were completely locked on to him. Entia in response tilted his head, cocking his head a little - it wouldn't look as impressive without a good horn, but alas he did so anyway.

He gave his grin at her words, spreading across his face and lighting his eyes up.

"Oh, I've been just waiting across this side of the stream; I take it you never crossed it?" He says in return, giving that grin of his as he does so. Oh, banter was fun and he always loved finding one who loved to do so; "Besides, I'm a little difficult to hide. I don't fit well in little places," he adds on, giving a little laugh as he does so.

Entia then cocks a hind leg, relaxing there. "Name's Entia. What name might one with your fine rack have?" Entia asks her, with that grin still present on his face (and for those about, pun fully intended...)

Teehee and hes flirty back... and... not rude but rude because I was giggling my head off trying to write that last line there that popped into my head... @Dovahkiin <3

Dovahkiin Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Dovahkiin has relished the solitude following the Earth God's mess. Part of her, however, longed for company - especially when she was in the presence of others; more-so when they are attractive. So when his mismatched eyes rake over her, she can't help but be drawn to him. With a slight tilt of his head and a roguish grin, leaves the mare perhaps even more intrigued. Intrigued enough, at least, that she likely wouldn't be leaving his company completely unscathed. A fact that delighted her to no end.

The small mare grinned in response when he spoke. "Ohh!" she says feigning innocent surprise, her eyes widening to further her 'claim'. "So that's where I went wrong. Fortunately, there's an easy fix for that." she continues, her voice growing more sultry as she speaks. A grin curves her dark lips as she saunters forward, crossing the stream with ease. Once on the other side, she turns to him with a mischievous glint in her eyes. His next statement draws a warm, almost throaty chuckle from her and once again her gaze wanders, drinking in the sight of him. Most might find that a bit too forward, especially this early on, but something told her that he wouldn't be offended in the least. In fact, she's willing to bet he likes it. For all appearances they are kindred spirits.

She certainly would welcome his mismatched eyes unabashedly looking her over.

"No, I don't suppose you would." she agrees, almost breathily. There is no doubting the size difference but that only made this more fun for her. He cocks a leg, relaxing rather easily. When he speaks again, she doesn't even try to suppress her laughter. Nothing about it is mocking, however. Rather, she appreciated his little pun. "Entia." she adds absently once she stops laughing, tasting his name on her lips. "Dovahkiin." she pauses, smirking once more. "At your service, of course." she replies, dipping her head slightly in a rather relaxed bow and looks up at him with her shining, vivid eyes. Returning to a rather relaxed pose, the dark mare continues. "I'd wager you are just as foreign to Helovia as I am. So, where are you from?" she asks curiously, pleased to have stumbled upon someone that wasn't a stick in the mud.
image credits
Table and Picture by Nicole (Niki)

xD that line had me giggling! love him! @Entia <3

Unregistered
Entia
Entia cannot help but grin as she returns her own lines to him, speaking in a manner with such an entrancing accent to them. He was always hooked when others, especially those of the female persuasion, were like his Dovahkiin were. He just couldn't help himself, and so that grin becomes wider as she made her way over the water to him.

"Don't drown now, I don't know how to resuscitate you," he says in a serious tone, though his eyes shine - but then she is across, and the joke was wasted but Entia was not really caring. Yet then she is there, speaking his name - oh he likes the way it comes off her lips - and then there is her own name. A strange one, and he wonders what it meant; he'd ask, when he had a chance.

He shuffled in place a little, giving an odd little smile. "Aye, I am. From a place where, well, those you'd see would probably make your head spin; many look very, very different to those who walk here," he says, nodding his head slightly. "A place called Liridon."

For a moment of silence, then he says to her, "And you... where is it you come from... you and your rather exotic name?"

[note] @Dovahkiin - Sorry for this delay! Anxieties + university + commissions took over my soul for a while, and probably will again coming up soon but I'll try not to leave such a gap like this again D: Sorry! <3333

Time the Dice Queen Posts: 144
OOC Account atk: 50 | def: 50 | dam: 50
Mare :: Other :: 5'7 :: 22 HP: 5050 | Buff: DROPKICK
Time
Unarchived per request