the Rift

a day late and a dollar short

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
She's mad, but she's magic. There's no lie in her fire.

The first thing she saw was red.

For a half heartbeat the Sunspear’s throat seized with horror at the thought of enough blood being spilt so as to coat the entire landscape. She was a warrior, true enough, but that thought made her stomach turn. No, not blood… not all of it. The light that filtered through the red leaves and onto red water was haunting to be sure, but it was not as bas as she had first feared, As the seconds passed her dark eyes darted everywhere, scanning the landscape to build a story in her mind. There was  blood, dark and dried on the ground and the forrest floor itself was torn from the hooves and claws of the battle that must have ended hours ago.

Of course she was too late… It had taken long enough to fly here and it must have taken Cathun even longer to reach the Throat on foot. The battle was over. She couldn’t fight. She couldn’t help. “Argh!” She beat the ground in frustration, one solid stamp in the red dirt as if that would help. She’d flown trough the night, clad in her leathers, ready to fight, to defend the family the grey warrior had abandoned. She’d deal with Cathun when she got back to the throat, but she had to find out what had happened to Ranjiri, to Aithniel. If they had perished she would hold the coward personally responsible. And who else had been here? Who else could have left this blood upon the ground?

“Gwaihir!” she called aloud to her soulmate who still soared above the canopy, “Circle wide, find our own, or anyone if you can!” She head his screeching call in return and knew he would return when and if he found something. They hadn't seen any of their herd on their way north and it gave her hope to not have found their cold bodies on what looked to be the battlefield, but the Sultana would not rest until she learned the fates of her family members. She moved through the red place and towards the edge of the water, searching for some clue, listening for someone, anyone to tell her what had happened here.

Then she saw the feathers; a spread of of blood-stained gold on the ground and the Sun Sultana stopped in her tracks. She had seen those feathers gleam and shine only days ago on the borders of her home but then they had been solidly attached to a member of her family.

Ranjiri

The scream left her before she could pull it back. Deep and angry and dripping with fear and frustration it ripped itself out of her throat. Her family had been here...her family had been here, fighting and she had been hundreds of miles away. Useless. Ranjiri and Aithniel and who else had been here? They had been hurt, they could be lying dead somewhere. "RANJIRI!" she lifted her head again and yelled for the golden girl. "AITHNIEL!" The second name left her lips, the brave ashen filly, a great warrior in the making. "Please be alright." The last words a prayer whispered as the strained her ears to hear their voices coming back to her. Cathun left them. That thought popped into her mind and her rage doubled over itself. No warrior worthy of the name would leave his family like that; he would have to answer for that. With extreme care the Sunspear reached her head down to gather the golden feathers. Every. Single. One. She tucked the collection between the dark brown feathers of her own wing and the old battleleathers she wore and moved off to find her girls, her Dragon's Throat women, the Sun's own golden jewels.

[notes: Set the morning after the battle, looking for Jiji and Aith specifically cause she knew they were here but any are welcome :D]
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

give me hope in the darkness
so that I will see the light

"RANJIRI!"

I could hear Megaera's voice coming from the direction of the battlefield and I turned and looked back in that direction. I really had no desire to go back to where we had laid waste to a god from another land, but my Sultana called for me and I needed to heed her call. I had turned back to Thantos, the dragon stallion I had followed once the battle had finally ended. "I have to go." I said and it occurred to me that I should probably explain a little. "That voice was my Sultana." And I looked back toward the battlefield again. "She sounds upset..." Obviously Cathun had made it and told her about the battle, so I was sure that she was upset because she hadn't made it in time to fight with us.

I turned and started to walk away then paused and looked back at the dragon stallion "You're welcome to come with me if you like." Then I was walking, slowly, back toward the battlefield, my wing dragging the ground beside me because I couldn't lift it. It was like dead weight attached to my shoulder and there was this fear that made me blood feel like ice in my veins because what if I couldn't fly anymore? What if my wing was completely ruined and there was nothing to be done to fix it?

What would I do?

My whole body ached, though, and I couldn't help the grimace that my face was locked in every time my wing bumped against rocks on the ground, or when what was left of my feathers would get snagged on sticks and twigs. It made me slow getting back to Meg, but when I got there I was surprised to see that I was the first one. "Meg..." My voice trailed because tucked there in her leather armor I could see the glint of my golden feathers. "...my feathers."

ooc://
timeline wise, this thread is before jiji was infected with boils.
post bear, pre-infection setting in

"."

Image Credit

aud pixel!

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia

"I'm gazing upward, a world I can't embrace..."

He couldn't believe the Time God had spoken to him, well to him and two others, but still. His pride had grown considerably at the kind words from the god. Even though his wings had been singed the boy felt no pain. Not now anyway. He knew war shouldn't have been this exciting, this thrilling. A quiver ran down his body as the young stallion rested not far from the scene. He had wanted to stay close and make sure he wouldn't be needed again. The small blue crystal, he had been given, was glowing dimly at his hooves. Silver eyes watched the thing, he might not have a scar to prove he had been in this fight but, he still had been handed a a prize. Not a prize, but a trophy.

The colt was throw from his resting position as a voice rang out a terrified scream. Carefully the lad snatched up his crystal, and was was moving before the voice called for Ranjiri. Was someone else hurt, in need of help? He called out letting them know he was coming, he would be there in a moment. Within seconds he burst from the scarlet brush and found a bay lady cloaked in leather armor. Nostrils quivered drawing the scent of his home. Pulling up his hips rolled under his stout frame. Before he could say a word the golden trimmed lady she had called forth appeared. Her wing was dragging the ground and she was limping. The crystal fell from his tender lips as he moved towards her. He whispered softly, "Ranjiri..."

Before the stud could stop himself his nose was going to her shoulder trying to comfort her. Startled at his own action he turned his silver gaze to her scarlet one. "Do you need me to support it? Keeping it up will help the blood flow, and stop further damage." He searched her gaze for a moment before moving to her injured side waiting for a reply. If she said no he would just stand beside her and turn towards the other. "I'm sorry miss, I was worried about Ranjiri. I'm Ilios, I think we're from the same family, but I've yet to meet you." He smiled softly his gaze flicking back towards the silver haired lady.

I L I O S
My heart's an endless winter filled with rage...
image credit

Tags;
Words; 382
OOC;  This is before he was infected with the herps xD
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

When dawn broke with golden light, the bloodied lands seemed to be highlighted even more. Ampere shuddered as she stood from her sleep, stretching out the soreness from bunched and tired muscles. Her encounter with Mauja had left an emotional toll on her, and she'd fallen asleep in one of the crimson trees easily enough. Now that the morning brought clarity however, she was all too aware of how much she had yet to know of this place and its event.

The herd, she thought with a sudden, panicked realization. She had seen members of the Throat when she first arrived, but had gotten distracted. Were they still here? Were they okay? What happened? Just then Megaera's all too familiar boom shot across the way, and in response Ampere's head shot around. She would have grinned if not for the tone the sultana took. This can't be good, I should have been here!

Like lightning the blue mare launched into the skies, wings cutting through the wind as she sailed towards the voice. She found the armored mare soon enough, already joined by some familiar faces. Ampere descended rapidly, deftly landing near them with a hard rattle of feathers and teeth.
"IS EVERYONE ALRIGHT!?" she called out, wings slipping against her back while anxious sparks tumbled near her feet that moved quickly to join the crowd. Breathless from her jaunt Ampere gathered her breath as her gaze washed over them all, snagging on Ranjiri's wing. "Can you fly?" It would be a long walk home otherwise, and with only one healer in the herd at the moment, risky business to get the doctor all the way out here. Could Ampere magic the wing into function? A long trip she reminded herself, gritting her teeth.

"What the fuck happened here? What even is this place?"
- table - art -

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily
Amani
quote quote quote

Just like it all began, it was all over in what felt like an instant. I had stayed close to Ranjiri since I found her. Even when the God of the Spark had come close and touched my head and given me new magic. I would not leave her side. I felt helpless to do anything for her. I wish I could fix her wing, but it just wasn't in my capabilities. When she spoke with one of those who had come from this land before it was a part of Helovia, I merely stood in the background waiting. I am not very social anymore it seems.

When the call of our Sultana rang out, I followed along being the golden and black frame that was my patrol partner. As she moved along, her wing snagged and hit things along the way. It was not until two others had arrived did I move forward, without a word, dipping my head low under her wing. I made sure my own wings tucked tight to my body to keep her wing from snagging on mine as I let it rest over my back. I looked to her red eyes with my golden eyes as if to say 'You walk, I walk.'

It's only then that I speak softly. "From what I could hear among the screams, she was attacked by someone from Helovia. Someone who sided with the bear over us." This, was why I fell so easily into the wise one ranks. I don't speak a lot. In fact, I doubt anyone but Ranjiri know who I am.... Okay maybe Ampere but the other two... Doubtful because I barely know the one as our Sultana and the other I don't know at all. But I listen. I get the information needed. Maybe, i'd make a good sleuth too. Na, my devotion to the God of the Sun is to much to change.

When Ampere asks what happened, I sigh and turn my head carefully to her. My head is still kind of, achy after hitting the ground that hard. "It seems this land belonged to another place. The God of the Spark deemed that he wanted it I guess.... And the God that owned this place didn't like that so much. So we all fought over it.... The other God, the bear..... Is dead."

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

x - x

Please Tag Amani in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Thantos Posts: 26
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 6.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.1 hands :: 7 Frostfalls HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
xyroca
As the demanding voice of a female called out for my acquaintances, I hesitated to let them go alone until Ranjiri stated that it was her Sultana. Royalty? I knew that my slight protectiveness had no weight against the orders of a herd mate, much less that of a royal. As Ranjiri pulled away from me, her wing slipped from the support of my own and fell back to earth. There was one thing for certain, this mare was far tougher than she had initially seemed, and I was impressed by her loyalty to the Sultana that had called for her. Auds flicked forward at her invitation for me to join her, and as the pegasus mares left for the voice, I stood awkwardly to contemplate the possibility of following.

After a few moments, I followed after them quietly. At the very least, I had to make sure that they arrived safely without any risk of running into something dangerous again. By the time I caught up to the pair, they had joined a larger group than I had anticipated. Aside from Ranjiri and Amani, there was an armoured mare that poised herself with power, a young stallion that hovered around Ranjiri, and a rather loud mare that sparked. A single brow rose with minor surprise to see that every last one of them were pegasi, had I come across an exclusively pegasus clan?

I stepped forward quietly after Amani explained everything that had happened to the best of her ability, though she didn't say much as a whole. Yellow, dragon eyes studied the armored mare for a moment before I dipped my muzzle to her with respect. Her body language, the way Ranjiri stood near her, the armor, everything screamed that she was the Sultana I had heard of. There was a chance that this entire group could turn on me at any second, for who wouldn't be leery of a strange hybrid that just randomly showed up? My deep voice grumbled out, struggling to form words as though the dragon's blood in me wanted to suppress the pegasus blood and restrict my language barrier. Perhaps it was a sign of nervousness, perhaps a self-defense mechanism to appear intimidating, even I did not know or understand. After struggling through a rough growl of sorts, I finally managed to form some understandable words.

"Ssssultana should be proud of Ranjiri. And Amani. They are brave and strong."

My fierce gaze switched to the loud, sparkly blue mare. What a tiny little thing she was, she even made Ranjiri look tall, though that didn't stop the raw power that exuded from her. Was she like a chihuahua? Small yet feisty? "Your Time God claimed our lands were sick, claimed our magic was sick and ultimately claimed this land for your...Helovia. The Bear God is dead, Helovians and Rifters all fought. The Bear God was indeed sick, he didn't want to let us go despite having neglected his lands and people for centuries. I thought he had forgotten about us, to the point where I believed he was a legend. But he was tainted, twisted and changed into something full of greed and darkness. Your Time God saved those of us that made it through."

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
She's mad, but she's magic. There's no lie in her fire.

Later she might thank the gods that her family did not make her wait long before they answered her call. When the gold-tipped mare came into sight dragging her injured wing, Megaera ran to meet her. “Ranjiri! Thank the Sun God you’re alive. But hurt? Tell me where.” Without waiting for an answer the sultana bent her head to inspect the mare’s wing. “We’ll have to get you to the Sun Physician, or someone close if we can.” Meg was muttering, almost babbling, such was her worry. It was Ranjiri’s words that snapped her out of it and she glanced at the golden feathers before her eye found her their way back to her herd-sister. “I’ll take them back, the coward will answer for them.” There was something dark in her voice as the anger bubbled inside her but the black mood was subdued by relief when more familiar faces.

A young stallion she knew by sight and his desert small approached and meg nodded in approval as he immediately went to Ranjiri’s aid. She smiled slightly when he turned to her not entirely soothed but appreciative of his concern for the family. “Do not trouble yourself on that count, I would be more concerned if you’d waited on pleasantries first, but it is good to meet you properly.” Her face fell back to its serious, anxious cast but before she could speak again the blue thunder mare descended. “Ampere!” Meg called, thankful to have the power and support of the Gladiator in this uncertain hour. It was the Apostle, though, who helped satisfy the Sultana and Gladiator’s thirst for answers and Meg listened attentively to each bit of news that she imparted. She glanced at Ranjiri when her attacker was mentioned. “Someone from Helovia? Who?!”

The words Amani spoke were outstanding, confusing but Meg picked out what she needed and immediately interjected to find out what she desperately wanted to know. “Cathun said Aithniel was there…Is there any word of her? Were any more of our family injured?” She glanced around the circle, searching their eyes for answers.

When Megaera’s black gaze fell on the dragon steed’s approach, the expression beneath her steel faceplate turned severe once more. His strange red form declared himself one of these strange newcomers and if this beast meant harm to any of hers for helping take down his god, the Sultana would stand against him, size difference be damned. But he nodded to her, of all things and as he spoke of Ranjiri and Amani and all that had happened her ears losses their pinned position to come forward to listen though here eyes remained wary. She stood tall as she might, and when she addressed him she was every inch The Sunspear. She gave the stallion a curt nod and glanced at Ranjiri and Amani. “Dragon’s Throat is proud to have them. Are you from this ‘sick’ land then? This Rift?”

ooc// sorry for the abominable wait
@Ranjiri @Ilios @Amani @Thantos
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

give me hope in the darkness
so that I will see the light

"My wing." I said when my Sultana asked where I was hurt. I stood still while she inspected it and nodded when she said that the Sun Physician should look at it. "Of course..." I mentioned my feathers and was confused about Meg's comment about the coward paying for them, but before I could question her about it others had arrived.

Ilios was the first to come to my side and he asked if I wanted him to support my wing, but Amani beat him to it. I winced as she ducked under my limp wing so it could rest across her back, but once she finished I smiled at her. "Thanks." I murmured and I bumped my muzzle against her cheek then looked at Ampere, whom I knew by sight alone. I shook my head when she asked if I could fly. "I can't even lift it..." I admitted and that frightened me because what if I could never lift it again? What if I was never able to fly again? What would I do?

"I don't know who Aithniel is..." I said when Megaera asked if the girl was okay. "I don't know who all from the Throat fought. I just remember Amani because she was there with me."

"Ssssultana should be proud of Ranjiri. And Amani. They are brave and strong."

I found myself smiling as I turned my head toward Thantos. Honestly, I hadn't expected him to follow me and Amani back toward the battle ground. I stayed quiet for the longest time while he explained what had happened, but when Meg questioned him I decided to speak up. "He's Thantos." I said. "He helped us fight against the bear god that came across with the Time God." I turned my head back to Meg. "I invited him to come along with us when we heard your call..." Can we bring him home? Please?

"."

Image Credit

@Ampere @Ilios @Amani @Thantos @Megaera

aud pixel!