the Rift

[PRIVATE] satine kisses --

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark
Amara
I stumble forward, quiet. Sameira pursues, her blackened body trailing in my shadow as I move myself along the coast, the crisp birdsong air piercing my lungs with a familiar fury. I skid to a stop, sand pushing forward, engulfing my hooves as I hover over the all too recognizable resting place of my mother. I swallow, eyes settling on her resting place. I swear I can still see the hollowed sockets of her eyes gazing back at me. A shiver works its way down my spine as Sameira nudges me, obviously trying to distract me from the thoughts of my victim. Pulling away from the scene, I leave it behind in favour of a little space nestled beneath a rocky shelf, out of view of the moon. I stoop down, ungraceful as I collapse onto my side, feeling my body heave for air as I outstretch my right wing, letting it lay out along the sand. Sameira awkwardly sits beside me before trotting off, muttering something about fetching. I leave the hound to her own devices, deciding that if she needed me she would tell me. 

Letting my amber gaze wash over my body, I feel my breath hitch at the sight of such a broken body. My scars are numerous, various smaller ones scattered along my body while there were much larger ones to be found. Lifting up my right wing, I spy the large patch where scar tissue had appeared from my hours of lying on cold stone, rubbing the skin raw and then itching and biting at the irritated patch. My legs were raw, ruined from my habit of gnawing on them when I got anxious. I tried to stop it but could never succeed, always finding myself biting and pulling at the hairs and skin with a nervous tendency. I'm sure Sia would give me shit over it if she saw how terrible the wounds were. Raw, blistered and bloody skin went all up my legs, only going past my knee once or twice.

I already felt the discomfort of raw skin against grains of sand, hissing out as I shifted myself. Giving up on ever being comfortable, I stand back up and move out, letting the tide kiss eagerly at my hooves. I gaze out along the moonlit horizon, realizing how easily I could leap forward and fly away, chase the sun for miles. Maybe eventually I'd find some place suitable enough for someone as unstable as I am. Probably not. Equines like me were outcasted, too strange to fit so easily into society. Instead pushed off to the side, shoved into the corner and left there to struggle with whatever mental problem grasped our minds or whatever physical defect ravaged our bodies. 

Honestly, what was wrong with me? I've known for a time now that something has been off. I find myself constantly waking up in strange places. Flying, standing or laying in a space I never fell asleep in. And it's not even that I fell asleep, honestly it was more like passing out. I remember nothing from the time when I pass out to the time I regain consciousness in some new space. I would give myself migraines trying to figure out what happened. After the fourth attempt I gave up, and let whatever happened happen. Even if I awoke with blood caked to my coat, I would let it pass and wash it away as if it were never there in the first place. Of course I haven't told anyone, I don't want the few people I know to see me as being any crazier than I already am. But honestly who is there to tell? I have only Sia now, the only one I care for who still lives and breathes.