the Rift

Dumb Ways to Die

Samaiel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Maybe the solution, Samaiel thought drowsily as his eyelashes brushed across the mud, was to become a god. He'd heard of it happening, it was totally a thing. A mortal becoming a god. There were trials and stuff, but he could do that. He could be a god of fire. All the mud around him would be baked to dry clay - snow would melt instantly - water would evaporate - heaven. It would be heaven.

The big brown unicorn was folded up awkwardly halfway down a hill, half-sunken in a pocket of snow, slush, mud and battered sapling trees with his impressive rack of horns offering absolutely no help whatsoever. Leaping down that hill had been a bad idea; his trajectory had been less 'shooting star' and more 'dying comet'. His arse was higher than his head and he was beginning to suspect that he was cast. Clearly, he needed to stop being used to things going his way and start just assuming the worst before he tried anything. Lifting his head up again he glared balefully back over his shoulder. Yep, still attached by his mane and tail to the tree at the top of the hill. As well as to every gods damn stick and branch that had ever grown in this gods cursed sinkhole of a gods cursed stinking forest. Turns out "ignore it and keep walking" wasn't a great way to deal with your hair growing to three times the length of your body in a forest full of snow, mud and twigs. Who knew. 

"It's just a day of life lessons, isn't it", he muttered darkly. He was exhausted already and he was starting to tremble. This was going be an embarressing way to die. Although, he had to admit, kind of a hilarious one from an outside perspective. He could just imagine the type of song that would be sung about it. As if anyone would find his body. Apart from the local scavengers. Hopefully they'd be wolves: wolves had a sense of humour, they'd appreciate this.

He sighed gustily, and switched to Plan B: thrashing wildly and hoping nobody noticed.

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
Ilios
Since his other attempts at recruiting hadn't gone so well the boy was back here once more. Maybe this time would go better for him. Silver etched teal wings propelled the youth over the the tall thick trees as silver eyes searched for a newcomer. He was getting better at this, especially since he took the advice of the large bay he had met here last. Maybe just maybe with the right luck and warm weather he might be able to draw someone into his family. A tentative smile touches his once dull features. The sand and ocean had done something to the colt, drawn him out of his shell. He was happy, finally comfortable with himself and who he was. All he had needed was to get away from his blood family. Yes it sounds sad, and it had been, but it was necessary.

Sharp eyes found what he was looking for, and it was stuck. At first he thought the stud was a caribou stuck in the mud, but upon closer inspection the boy could tell it was a unicorn. With a whinny, the colt dove gracefully for the horned horse. Carefully he landed with a light thump a few feet away from the stud eyes already looking for something to pull him out. Once he was in range it was easy to pick up the scent of testosterone. "I wish we were meeting on better tearms sir, but I'll try to have you out in a second." His deep drawl was calm as he found a large sturdy stick. "My name is Ilios by the way. Uh, I guess the ground doesn't want you to leave." He chuckled hoping to ease the tension he was sure the male felt.

Gingerly he picked up the large piece of wood and took it to the male offering him an end. Teal legs moved him purposefully back to the stud the limb gripped firmly in his teeth. He would need every last ounce of strength he had to pull the large male out. Even so he was confident he could do it, or go back for help. Either way he would get out soon. offering the end that had been broken from the tree he stood bracing himself for the pulling he was sure was to follow.
Wonderings   Talking
Words: 387
OOC: Not the best but ya lol. It'll get better <3 Welcome!
His voice
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~ Robert Frost
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Enna Posts: 172
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 5 ( TALLSUN ) HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Mehr :: Arctic Wolf :: None kels
something filled up my heart with nothing

It had come out of seemingly nowhere, her want to befriend you; whenever the two of you were around each other the focus had always been somewhere else, on someone else, but you suppose that that is simply to be expected. Either way, the day had found you walking side by side in no particular direction, laughing about nothing and yet everything. As you had always expected she is kind, wholeheartedly lovely, untouched by all the darkness in the world. It is refreshing, and you find yourself glad that she had invited you along. It is only at the commotion of something falling, crashing, and then speaking that you take the time to actually pay attention to anything besides her, the close-set trees and dappled sunlight a shock from the open fields that you last remember. Your steps do not falter however, and you simply throw a half mischievous, half what in the actual fuck was that look at the ocean girl. As the two of you edge closer, you cannot help but to pause, casting a slightly incredulous look at the more than ridiculous looking boy all tangled up and in a mess. It is most certainly not what you had been expecting.

“What are you doing.” It is more of a statement than a question, for you are sure that even the riverstone man doesn’t know, when he is the one that’s stuck. You hardly pay attention to the sand-colored boy, simply a flick of your eyes in his direction before tracing the tangles of hair to the top of the little mound in the middle of the forest. “You’ll have to get his hair free first. Here,” And yet, even as you toss yourself up the hillside your progress is lost before its even made, the hill too steep or slick with mud or maybe a combination of the two for you to really get anywhere except dirty. With a huff you allow yourself to slide back down to you where you started, stepping towards the sand-colored boy. “How about you take care of the hair and Tia and I can pull him out?” It sounds like a suggestion but you’re already pushing closer to him impatiently, waiting for him to hand over the log.

please tag enna in every post
violence permitted barring permanent injury / death

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
No dreams within her heart,
but dreams of love.
It had been with blissful delight that the ocean mare had set off with Enna. She’s not exactly sure how long the petite mare has been in the Basin, but she has always admired her (she’s a Time Mender, after all, how could she not?) and is more than eager to explore and nurture the budding friendship that she has always hoped for them (a possibility she sees with just about everyone, as friendly as the blue mare is).

With the length of her leonine tail flicking out behind her, the two mares—friends!—prance along together. Tiamat talks while enjoying the fresh start of Birdsong. Spring has always been her favorite season, so full of life, that she can’t help but feel her spirits buoyed by nature’s new beginning.

Shaking her dainty head with an airy chuckle fluttering from her lips, the ocean blue mare’s ears suddenly flick sharply forward when the sound—or rather, sounds—of something tempts her attention away from the petite mare at her shoulder. It sounds like a struggle of some kind, thrashing maybe, and in any case nothing pleasant. Voices drift to them, deep, and although she cannot decipher their words, Tiamat would like to think they are of a concern similar to hers. “I wonder who that is!” Tiamat’s white eyes flicker to Enna, worry softening her voice, and together they weave through the Threshold’s trees.

What they see is obviously not what they had been expecting—a large dark brown stallion seemingly suspended halfway down the side of a hill, stuck in a hole of mud, with the length of his hair hopelessly tangled in a various mixture of trees and undergrowth. Another stallion is there with him, far lighter in color, offering what seems to be a large stick to help the trapped stallion out of his predicament. “Oh my goodness!” Tiamat gasps, trying not to marvel right now at just how much hair the dark stallion has—what a wonder!—and focuses her attention on the problem at hand.

Enna states her question when they come to the males’ sides, which coaxes a chiming giggle from the blue mare’s lips. “If you wanted to have fun, I can assure you there are less painful ways of going about it,” she shakes her head playfully, the shells in her hair tinkling, “but you earn points for spirit, I’ll give you that, good sir.” Tiamat eyes the steep hill from which he had descended, gaping at its angle and wondering what must have been going on through his mind. Everyone needs some adventure, maybe?

Casting a sideways grin towards the lighter-colored stallion, her lips part in a little ‘o’ of awe. “You have wings!” She laughs gleefully. She has seen a winged equine before, of course, but not very often—only perhaps two or three times in all her time in Helovia. She marvels at their strength and abilities (what it must be like to fly!) her white eyes shining in delight before Enna directs her attention again to the poorly tangled stallion.

“You’ll be free soon,” she assures him, though her confidence trembles when the brown mare slips down the hill (though she doesn’t dare allow the brown stallion to see this). A new plan of action is soon set, and the ocean mare nods in agreement, casting the dark stallion a small smile of encouragement.

notes; Welcome (again xD) to Helovia Olliver!:D
“Speech.”
image credits | @Samaiel @Ilios
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty

A roar of laughter breaks through the air. The elephant cannot help it, for a man trapped by his tresses and bogged in the mud was hilarious to him- especially a great antlered stallion of such considerable size. Tembovu looks down the hillside, a little oblique to the quartet of equines. He has come from above, though the hill slants further up to his right to where the caribou’s air is ensnared. And it is all mud between him and the others- a steep mud bank below him and a gentle (but slippery) muddy rise to the cluster of trees and hair to his right.

Thick, black rimmed ears perk forward, deep blue eyes watching as the rumbling laughter slowly fades. A winged colt was attempting to pull out the considerably larger stud with a log, Enna (the vivaciously sassy filly he had previously met in the Threshold) was bossily pushing him out of the way and gesturing to the top of the hill, and a strikingly refined blue mare was giggling and attempting to further direct the mess.

Again, a chortle of deep, rolling, infectious laughter reverberated from his massive barrel, vibrating down to the others. “I can break the trees from up here,” he calls out, his voice his as deep as laughter. “Though I make no promises as to how much of your flowing locks I can salvage,” he chuckles once more, thoroughly amused, “I think, my good man, you might benefit from a cut such as mine,” he offhandedly addressed the caribou, the good humor lacing his words as he slowly and carefully started to ascend the gentle rise to his right. It was slow going, the mud was impossibly slippery- more water than sludge.

Each heavy hoof fall of the titan sunk alarmingly deep, “There might be two large, stuck stallions by the end of this,” he muttered to himself. But managed to make it to the top of the hill with mud caked only to his fetlocks. He eyed the snarled mess that greeted him, “You made quite the knot up here, my friend.” Then he raises on his hindlimbs, catching himself as he slips slightly, towering to a daunting height.

CRASH

He smacks his immense weight and front hooves against the large, dead tree that was the culprit of the problem. It’s snarled limbs were impressively tangled. CRACK. He repeats the action, though this time the tree gave somewhat… at least the limbs did… he hoped.

He called down to them once more, “The lovely blue lady is right, son. You have wings. I think you might need to use them to lift this greatly antlered man while these two-” he gestures to the mares, “-pull from the ground.” Indeed, the large stallion was stuck quite deep in the mud in addition to being tangled in the trees. What a mess. He continued to batter the tree, “I am Tembovu, by the way,” he snorts in amusement.
image credits

ooc| Tembovu was on top of the bank, but off to the left of the group. He walked up a little rise to the top of the bank, where the hair was tangled, and started to break the tree. I wasn’t sure if I made that confusing in my post xD You can decide if Tembovu breaks the tree or not @Samaiel ! And welcome to Helovia! :D
@Ilois, @Tiamat, @Enna

Please tag Tembovu.

Unregistered
So thrashing wasn’t awesome. Samaiel’s well thought out plan - to shove hard with his hind legs and tip his body forward in a roll over his shoulder - didn’t work out at all: his neck was pulled backward too far by the whole mane-stuck-in-the-tree dealio for that, and as hard as he tried, he couldn’t straighten his legs without them skidding out from underneath him. He did some turtle-on-it’s-back flailing for the sake of it, and then bashed his horns against something because it made him feel a bit better, and then - hooves. Green hooves. Huh. He rolled his eyes upward.

A ... pegasus. Okay.

Cool.

Probably non-predatory.

“Uh. Um. Hi,” he said stupidly. “I was kind of ... hoping for ... wolves at this point,” he managed to add through huffs of breath. The exertion of before had clearly taken it out of him: a fine tremor was running through his body, his nostrils were huge, his eyes a little wild under lines of sweat and bedraggled strands of hair.  The pegasus was introducing itself and ... waving a branch at him? He eyed the branch blankly, and slowly pulled his legs back underneath him as much as he could, settling himself a little as he waited for his breathing to recover. What the fuck?

“I aint ... pullin’ my teeth out here, kid. You can .... touch me, stupidity’s not ... catching. If you -"

He stopped abruptly, eyes focusing behind the winged one, to where a couple of unicorns  were coming towards them through the trees: a young and tiny white-maned bay with antlers, and a blue mare with seashells in her mane. 

“Yeah,” he gasped under his breath with a slight edge of hysteria, “c’mon! Join the party!”

“What are you doing.”

He was gonna assume that was rhetorical. He watched the little mare stop short, assess the situation, and spot the hair problem immediately. He liked this one. She was smart. Her friend was still babbling away in the background – Tia? - she seemed nice, at least, and he managed a faint nod at her.

“You’ll have to get his hair free first. Here,”

“Yes! Thankyou -"

-oop, and there she went sliding straight back down the hill again. He cast his eyes back around to the pegasus at about the same time that Little Brown did – both he and the mare evidently thinking the same thing. Before he could add his voice to the suggestion that Wings head up the hill, though, they were interrupted by peals of laughter from above. Well – rumbles of laughter, more like it. The guy was HUGE, and the way Samaiel snapped his head around and cracked his antlers against a tree at the noise was ... a little embarrassing. Just a touch. In his defence, the guy sounded like a fucking dragon, okay??!? Seriously.

“I can break the trees from up here, though I make no promises as to how much of your flowing locks I can salvage. I think, my good man, you might benefit from a cut such as mine,”

“Fuck the flowing locks, man,” Samaiel croaked after a moment, “flowing locks trying to kill me. Got to kill them first.”

The flowing locks were still growing, too, he noticed – just in the time they’d all been talking, he’d gained a little leeway for his neck. He watched the giant stallion squish and teeter through the mud with trepidation, flinching as the big guy reared.

CRASH

Okay. Okay, so that was what they were ... okay. Wholesale destruction. Seemed a little over-kill, but who was he to argue? He blinked, took another breath, and tried to cudgel his exhausted brain into action while the giant unicorn ... he was so ... so big ... every blow he struck at the tree made this amazing kind of shockwave shimmer across his muscles, and – Samaiel might be a little delirious, he was definitely at the point where things just weren’t really kind of  -

“The lovely blue lady is right, son. You have wings. I think you might need to use them to lift this greatly antlered man while these two pull from the ground.”

Greatly antlered man? He preened internally for a moment, inappropriate timing be damned. "I'm ... Samaiel ..."

He cast a sideways glance at Wings, Little Brown and Tia and
shifted uncomfortably. “Look, I -"

CRASH

“I don’t know if you –"

CRASH

There was a crack in the trunk, and the tree was vibrating, showers of bark and clumps of powdery dead wood raining down around it. Bits of tree were floating down toward him. Some very important information about gravity and the velocity of falling objects was starting to throw up some very loud alerts in his brain.

Tembovu!" Samaiel squawked desperately, his eyes bugging, "You might want to - if you could just stop for a - THE TREE IS ABOVE ME!!!"

OOC: OK SO no ur post was great smitty, i knew where he was. here's my attempt at tagging: @tembovu @enna @ilios @tiamat lets see if it works

EDIT: i just realised the title of this thread is like. doubly appropriate right now

Edit 2: return of the edit: just for clarification, the tree can definintely be kicked down, though it's not actually committed to falling yet. Tem isn't, of course, actually kicking it towards our heroes - he's attacking it from the side, from what I've read, as a sensible horsey would do - but nevertheless it IS on a steep slope with people at the bottom. so yunno, proceed as you wish, and feel free for Sammi's interjection to be too late and the tree to tumble down the hill, cos that would be fun. we can roll a dice for the odds of it hitting people. i'm a terrible person. or he can stop kicking and the wonder team can regroup! i'm gonna stop typing now, this is going downhill*

*hahah see what i did there

Enna Posts: 172
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 5 ( TALLSUN ) HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Mehr :: Arctic Wolf :: None kels
something filled up my heart with nothing

“Oh, it’s you,” The implication in your tone is caught somewhere in-between annoyance and genuine surprise, the first because he just comes waltzing in laughing, oblivious to the actual problem this mammoth of a stallion had caused for himself (and most definitely not because you thought some of that laughter was directed at you) – nevermind that you had done much the same. Where the latter emotion came from you cannot say, though you venture a guess at it being that you had never planned to see him again since that day with that god awful mare. You visibly frown at the memory of her, though the bitter taste in the back of your throat (vomit?) is quickly forgotten as the skyscraper of a man begins to kick the tree holding the stuck man’s hair in place. Your only reaction is to simply stare, for you have no idea whether he’d actually thought simply pushing the fucking tree down a cliff into the middle of everyone through, if he had such the ability to think.  The boy cries out then, a little too late because, with a final crack, the limb comes careening dangerously down the slope. Without hesitation you move to shove Tia away even further, keeping as close to her side as you can manage in-between the line of fire and the ocean mare, preferring for yourself to hurt over her, just in case the log tried to pull any ninja-esque moves and launch itself straight at the two of you. But it doesn’t. Instead it simply rolls to a stop further off in the forest. “Yeah, that wasn’t the brightest idea.” But it had worked. You glance to the behemoth on the top of the hill, narrowing your eyes just slightly as he gives his name. “I’m Enna.” It is said quickly before you look to Samaiel, unsure of whether the branch had hit him or not. He doesn’t look hurt, and you suppose either way that his mud predicament is the most pressing concern, and so you grab the branch that the bird-winged man had brought, glancing at Tia before offering it to the man and pulling with all your measly little might.

dont even ask what this is im so ashamed

please tag enna in every post
violence permitted barring permanent injury / death

but dreams of love.
Through the working of her mind to try and figure out how to free the large brown stallion, a booming laughter suddenly thunders down from above them. The ocean mare is startled at first by the rumbling sound, and white eyes are cast up the hill to see an even larger stallion perched up at the peak, looking down at the rest of them. She is sure they are quite the sight to see—the three of them squabbling around a stallion who has gotten himself hopelessly tangled—but fortunately the mammoth of a stranger is kind enough to help them out.

The ground suddenly trembles a little when the enormous horned stallion—Tembovu, as he introduces himself—rises onto his hind legs and sends all of his weight forward against the old tree. It shudders, and Tiamat is sure that the long-haired stallion is quivering himself beneath the weight of his snarled locks, connected to the throng of branches and underbrush that lead to the scene of the crime. The ocean mare marvels at such power—she could never even hope to budge a tree of such stature—although her attention shifts back anxiously to the brown stallion. The sharp angle of the hill and him standing at the base of it—the whole situation suddenly has her gut sinking.

“Watch out—!” Tiamat cries in alarm, aiming to lunge forward and grab at anything—a stick, his hair—to pull the trapped stallion out of the line of fire, her eyes searching wildly for Enna, but she is pushed away herself by her friend. Wrapping her neck around Enna’s and not fighting the smaller mare’s momentum, her heart swells in gratitude for her thoughtfulness (for surely an act that could seem so simple is, in fact, not simple at all).

Her slender chest heaving with heavy breaths and her heartbeat throbbing in her ears, the blue unicorn glances concernedly first to her herd mate before her eyes shift to the others. “Enna, you’re all right? Is everyone all right?” The tender skin around her nostrils trembles and flares as she breathes, the plumed length of her lion tail fluttering out behind her in her anxiousness. Fortunately, it seems like they all have survived the worst of the damage (from what she can tell at least, they all seem to be in one piece) and she allows herself a sigh of relief.

Turning her attention to the ginormous stallion, she smiles to him gratefully, sure that they would have had a much harder time of it had he not showed up. “Thank you for your help, kind sir—Tembovu,” Tiamat amends, remembering his name. She turns to Enna then, who is already moving into action to free the long-haired stallion of the sticky mud that still clings to his legs. “And look at that! With flowing locks to spare,” she teases the brown stallion lightheartedly, trying to ease any tension or anxiety (should there be any) and gives him a crooked smile, “My name is Tiamat, by the way.” Then following Enna’s lead, she takes hold of the branch, and helps her attempts to pull him free.

“Speech.”
image credits | @Samaiel @Tembovu

Ears flick away from his demolition zone and down the hill. He catches the man’s name, “Samaiel? That’s a good, strong name,” he liked that name, it was solid. He nodded slightly to himself in approval while he continued his work.

His large, pale hooves struck the quickly crumbling bark- very little stood the test of an elephant. So he missed the snide remarks of Enna, and caught only the end of the Caribou’s warning- “THE TREE IS ABOVE ME!” just as the final blow of his hooves sent the culprit limb in a creaking slide down the muddy embankment. He hears the lovely oceanic mare cry out a warning. “Damn,” he curses to himself under his breath, though there is still amusement in his face. He didn’t think the branch was large enough to cause too much damage. At least, it wouldn’t have damaged himself or his monstrous frame.

He chuckles at her words, “With flowing locks to spare!”, though heartily agrees with Samaiel’s earlier sentiments of “Fuck the flowing locks.” His eyes assess the steep embankment, seeing that a few unruly strands of the stud were still caught on shrubs. “I hope you don’t mind, Samaiel,” and he uses the sharp edge of his horn to cut the few snarled strands.

“The pleasure was mine, Tiamat,” he nodded his great head towards her while his eyes searched for a safe place to descend. “And I see you’re as sassy as ever, Enna,” he chuckles, the sound rich and rolling as he cautiously begins to descend the steep bank. He slides a few inches for every planted hoof, though luckily his gentle sloping path does not make him sink in the mud as the caribou had.

“You must be doing something right, my good man. For I was not so lucky as to have two lovely ladies assisting me the moment I entered Helovia,” he chuckled once more, and raised his eyes from his careful path to wink at the antlered stag. He finally made it to the base of the embankment and assessed if he should help further, or if his great bulk would simply crowd the rescue attempt.
image credits

ooc| @Samaiel @Tiamat @Enna

Please tag Tembovu.

Unregistered
“Samaiel? That’s a good, strong name,”

Ohhh, with the compliments again! He felt all warm and tingly inside. Which was nice, considering how cold and miserable the outside of him was.

Aaaaaaaand then the big guy started attacking the tree.

So ... tree bashing, and snarking from the sidelines, and panicked shouting, and then the WHOLE FREAKING TREE lurched and cracked and gave way from the base, falling towards him?! Samaiel reared back on his haunches, slipping sideways as he tried to prop himself on his forelegs only to have them suck back down into the mud again. He threw his head back, using the newfound slack on his mane to get a little leverage, but only really succeeding in getting a better view of what was about to head down toward him.

The tree fell unevenly, it's top branches catching on the branches of other trees and making it do a half spin sideways as it tipped. For a moment it hung there, and then with a crack and groan the upper branches were free and the whole thing came rumbling down the hill. Samaiel had a moment to wonder if he'd die slowly or instantly, and then it was blasting harmlessly past him in a wall of broken twigs and mud splashes, coming to a final rest tipped up against the side of another tree several metres below them all.

Samaiel sat silently for a moment, and then huffed out a breath, puffing a few mud drops off his whiskers. The two mares were checking each other for damage, but seemed fine. The pegasus was still on the other side of him, and there was no screaming from that direction, so he was probably fine too. The bay mare, Enna, offered him a stick again and ok, the stick thing? Was weird, and he was pretty sure his expression was showing his opinion on that, too. 

“Enna, you’re all right? Is everyone all right?” 

"Yeah, I think we're okay."

“And look at that! With flowing locks to spare,”

"Gods." Samaiel winced. "Unfortunately for me. Hi, Tiamet." His eyes flicked across to the other mare with a nod for her, too. "Enna. This is an interesting way to meet."

Tembovu's deep voice rang out above them as he bent his head to sever some strands of hair.

"No, please," the big brown unicorn replied. "Anything you can cut will help. I wish my horns could do that."

He moved again in the mud, the newfound freedom from the tethers on his neck and tail letting him move a bit more strategically in the mire. He swung his head and tipped himself flat over on his side, dignity be damned. He shoved and wiggled, pushing with his feet, silent for a moment with concentration as he slid himself like a big, slow, awkward sled across the mud; inching away from the spot where he'd struggled into a hole.

“You must be doing something right, my good man. For I was not so lucky as to have two lovely ladies assisting me the moment I entered Helovia,”

"And two lovely men," Samaiel observed dryly from his spot on the ground, his eyes on Tembovu, before he tipped his head back to indicate the pegasus as well. He snorted softly as he glanced back up at the giant stallion, a look of wry humour flitting across his face. "Do you attempt to murder everyone with trees, or am I just blessed that way? I mean, don't get me wrong, I was very impressed, but I gotta ask."

He grunted, and then rolled his eyes toward the mares and the pegasus. "Can you grab my horns? If you give me a good pull I should be able to get out of here."

The pull, when it came, was actually kind of heavenly and Samaiel may or may not have groaned a little bit as he felt the stretch on his neck and the help for his stiff and aching muscles. He stumbled, lurched forward, flailed like a foal for a moment and then he was free. He had a blessed moment of air and lightness before his legs checked out completely and he slammed back down to the ground again. He closed his eyes and lay crumpled there on the muddy dirt beside the hole he'd dug for himself, breathing slowly, the endless grimy strands of his hair fanned out around him. 

OOC: @enna @tembovu @tiamat @ilios I hope y'all don't mind that I assumed your chars would pull his horns - you were already writing that you were pulling him before so I figured it should be cool for the sake of moving the story along.

Also, for clarification, yep it was a tree! A whole tree! not a branch. I mean, it wasn't a massive tree. It was pretty short. It probably had a complex from being compared to other more vertically accomplished trees. But it was still a tree

but dreams of love.
Fortunately, everyone seems to be alive and well from their little tree fiasco. Assured that no one has been injured by the tumbling branches, the ocean mare allows her body to relax from her formerly tensed position, her velvet nostrils flaring in a quiet but steady exhale. A smile manages to easily soften her lips again, curling the corners and leaving a brightness in her white eyes. Now that whole adventure is one she certainly hasn’t experienced before! And she can’t say that she would wish for it again—trees can very well stay in the ground—but now that they have side passed the danger, she finds it quite the entertaining predicament.

“You sure know how to liven things up, Samaiel,” there is a chuckle that accompanies the airiness of her voice, her playful tease broadening the grin across her lips, “Are things always this exciting with you?” The length of her lion tail flicks joyfully out behind her, the dark hair and shells rustling against one another as they hover above the grassy, damp ground. He seems to be a rather quirky character indeed—in the best way, of course—and she can only hope that he doesn’t get himself this impossibly trapped too often (the poor man!).

Tilting her dainty head a little bit to the side, Tiamat’s brow knits together when the large brown stallion flops himself onto his side, proceeding to then—oh-so-grandly—inch his way slowly out of the mud. “Do you need any help?” The ocean mare takes a step closer, the weight of her body pressing forward as she hesitates. White eyes are cast about, looking for a way that she could help (and not proving successful), but the conversation is already moving again. Her attention flickers to the horned behemoth when he speaks up, his comment proving to distract her enough to entice a giggle from her lips. Tiamat is far from a superficial mare, but it doesn’t hurt to feel appreciated—it makes her happy, as she is sure it does to others, and she would freely return the favor.

A fluted ears turns back towards Samaiel when he requests the assistance of his horns, white eyes soon following with a smile. “Of course! Hold on,” the blue unicorn steps forward, firmly gripping one of his large antlers and maneuvering her body to pull him backwards, using all the strength of her lithe frame. She watches carefully to make sure that the tension does not hurt him, but it seems to have quite the opposite effect, and she smiles amusingly before she feels the mud give way and he slides free.

“Feel better now?” She questions enthusiastically, looking down at the heap of a stallion, her gaze wandering to trace the masses of hair that lay crumpled around him. There’s so much. It just keeps going!—and going, and going. “How does your hair get to be so long? I mean, I’ve seen incredibly long hair before, but I think you take the cake,” Tiamat laughs easily, lightheartedly, a clear amount of awe in her voice. “It’s incredible!” Her lips remained parted slightly in her wonderment, curved upwards at the corners with a soft, unremitting smile.

Taking a step backwards to allow him some space to stand, she continues in her musings. “No doubt it keeps you warm,” the ocean mare purses her lips, thinking fondly of the snowy mountains of her home, sure that a coat like this could come in handy on a frosty winter’s night (fortunately, there are enough fires going to keep a satin-skinned creature like herself comfortable enough). “My home, Aurora Basin, is in the mountains—it’s beautiful! You’re welcome to come see it if you’d like; test out that hair of yours,” she very nearly sticks her tongue out at him in her whimsical play, a light in her eyes and a dare of hope in her expression. The Basin is incredibly dear to her—she loves to have the opportunity to share its magnificence with others.

notes; Sorry it took me a few days x) I wasn't sure if you wanted them to offer their tours in this round, so I figured I'd include it just in case. If not, just ignore the last paragraph!
“Speech.”
image credits
@Samaiel
@Tembovu

tembovu
Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
The mammoth stayed back as the slender but mighty Tiamat helped haul Samaiel out of the muck. His great bulk would just get in the way of such close working quarters— though perhaps his strength would have been helpful. Ah well. He takes a half-step forward, as if ready to help steady the groaning man, but is not quite quickly enough as he promptly collapses back to the mud he was just freed from. A lopsided smile steals across his broad face. This entire encounter has been entirely entertaining to the large stud.

Deep blue eyes flick back to the sea panted mare as she speaks of his hair. Tembovu nods his great in agreement, “Indeed, Tiamat,” his deep voice is warm with amusement. His ears twitch as she mentions the Basin, as it is not a place for which he holds fond feelings. Though some of the warmth leaves his face, he tries to let it become blank— rather than allow his dislike for those lands sour Samaiel’s already rough entry into Helovia.

“I would hope it keeps him warm, for I do not envy the winters at your Basin,” he offsets his jesting jab with a chuckle, “Though, it seems every Basiner is fond of everything, from Frostfall to Tallsun.” He shakes his head slightly, before returning his gaze to collapsed form of Samaiel. He felt slightly uncomfortable, especially at his great height, to be standing over the caribou.

So he lowered his head slightly, reaching halfway out to the crumpled stag, “I come from the World’s Edge, a herdlands over the western sea cliffs. Its beauty is breathtaking, though different than the Basin’s. And you are welcome to come see it, as well—“ he pauses, gaze skating across his exhausted, mud caked body, “Though, perhaps what you seek is a rest and a bath,” his continues, wryly, a brow raising in silent query.
Image|Table

@Samaiel @Tiamat sorry for the delay! I got swamped with threads ;-;

Please tag Tembovu.