the Rift

[OPEN] Cold Star

Aisling the Fae Posts: 112
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 13.1 :: 6 :: Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Sorcha :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Laine

To hold all the promise of blue-velvet dark and stars

Silence in the meadow.

No shouts broke the night; no voices save the voice of the wind as it whispered through the grass and the thistle. Above, the moon held court in the sky surrounded by her banner of stars. On this crisp and cloudless night they danced and shined their hardest but could never surpass her brilliancy. So bright was the celestial hoard that it seemed they should have sang out an anthem glory but as always they were hushed.

The faerie girl was silent too.

Any who knew her would think that strange, but there was no song for her to sing when her heart was joyless. She stood alone in the soft sweep of the meadow with her eyes lifted to the moon. Aisling thought not of how beautiful it was, as she once would have, but of how cold if looked, how far away. Across that distance its light set her pale frame glowing against the purple birdsong swathe, but she did not laugh or play or sing out to the stars for they were not the cheerful company they once had been. 

She’d been alone before but never lonely. A year past since she had set out from home and she had always kept good cheer but the winter had taken that from her. It had been cold and empty and left her feeling much the same and spring had yet to works its magic. Day after day she wandered, and with no distractions the little mare’s disappointment had fed off itself and run away from her control; and what a disappointment Helovia was… No sooner had she made friends then they had gone. Kvothe and Finn and the promise of a family in their troupe of travelers had been so sweet but it had been months since she’d seen hide or hair of either.

She’d thought herself a gypsy, a wanderer and had done so well when the weather was fair, but when summer had faded and winter’s grip closed she’d had no shelter from the cold, so laughs and smiles to warm her. And now the little singer had no song, only the pale moon and far-away stars.

“.”

Image Texture
[now come the days of the dreamer and they are filled with wonder and light ]
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Aisling in all posts ::

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
Johnny
Hold. The. Phone.

Imma let you finish, but something really important just came up.

I notice her, all standing by her lonesome, because I have working eyes and in the not-really-winter not-really-spring night she’s all pale white and shit so she stands out.  I stand out too, you know, but that which makes my coat unique is a little less noticeable. Nighttime sucks for that, no one trulyu gets to admire the way white fades to bubblegum pink on my points. The dark hours should be spent cuddling with that special someone, or several special someones. I preferred the latter, you know, but there's nothing wrong with just one cuddle buddy either.

I wonder what she's doing here, when she should be snuggling up to one or several of her preferred gender, and I don't really know why but I feel sad looking at her. Which I am not a big fan of, if you didn't know. I bring happiness and joy to all those around me and sadness is not allowed in this world when I'm around. Just ask the Basin, I asked them to outlaw scowls the other day. 

Shoulda seen the reaction I got - buncha law breakers they are. Ashamin would have smiled.

Anyway so now I'm here and it's pretty obvious what I have to do. Oh yeah, it's happening. I'm going to go say hi. To a stranger. Ohhh man.

For a split second I thought about approaching quietly, because it's a pretty quiet evening, and then I laugh because I remember who I am. "Miss!! Miss!!"

I never understood how horses can be graceful. I am several hundred pounds of fat and sugar so pretty sure my approach was obvious - trotting through the meadow to get to her as fast as those little pink legs would carry me. I'm aiming to come stand beside her because now I'm curious about what she's looking at? The sky??? But I'll ask about that later.

"Oh miss, I'm so glad I found you!" I finally get out, breathing heavily with the strain of those 30 seconds of activity.
I'm your sweet sugar Candyman
Image Credit
Table by Sevin!
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

Even in her melancholy, the faerie girl was a dreamer, and standing there staring at the moon was exactly what one of her tragic heroines would do. There was a part in every story where all seemed lost; where the looming clouds of doom seemed like they would linger forever and all was hopeless. It was then, the princess would make a wish, or cast a spell, or do something terribly beautiful and tragic and then would come the sun, metaphorically or literally. Aisling always like the stories where the break in the darkness meant the coming of a dashing hero (for they were always dashing) to save the day.

The silence of the night is broken abruptly and the the little white mare jumpes in surprise. She moves, her sturdy little hooves fidgety with fright as she spins her hindquarters around so she can face the sound. The shout had not come from a nightbeast or any approaching army, but in fact a unicorn, just about her size, who glows in the moonlight just as bright as herself as he approaches her.

The red-maned man comes to stand beside her and speaks as if he had met her before and that has the mare blinking rapidly in surprise and pulling her head back before stating out of storm-grey eyes. “Creideamh!” the curse comes out quiet and breathless as she glances behind to see if there might be some other that he was speaking to but there only the shifting grass and darkness. “Ah.. are ye?” she asks, still quite uncertain, turning her face back toward the little stallion. Her long braid swayes with the motion, ribbons dancing at the end of it.

Normally pleased by any new company, the shock of the man’s approach and his form of address has the girl momentarily in shock, not to mention she was distracted by some cool, delightful smell. “Would there be something the matter? It’s sorry I am, but I don’t believe we’ve met.” Her sweet little little lilt was still fuzzy with confusion and dimmed by her melancholy mood, but in her heart the little flicker started; the faerie girl shined brightest in good company.

“.”
translations:
creideamh - faith

Image Texture
[now come the days of the dreamer and they are filled with wonder and light ]
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Aisling in all posts ::

Eden Posts: 56
Absent Abyss atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 7
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy

e d e n
if you were to leave, fulfill someone else's dreams, I think I might be totally lost

The pale mare slipped into the meadow, feeling triumphant in her endeavors. She was beginning to find her way around the northern part of Helovia with ease. She wasn't particularly gifted at finding her way around at all, but she was learning to the best of her abilities. Eden had quite a bit of time on her hooves, so wandering around, adventuring, and making a mental map of her home seemed to be a decent way to waste it.  
Eden surveyed the meadow, unused to seeing it at night. The meadow seemed to be so alive despite the moon's presence. Across the way were two figures, chatting, it seemed. They piqued her curiosity. The meadow wasn't too terribly far from the Basin, so she deemed it possible that the pair could be one of her acquaintances. 
She crossed the meadow swiftly, approaching the two figures. Upon closer inspection, Eden realized the duo were sort of...tiny and definitely not her acquaintances. She slowed her approach, second guessing her decision to greet them. She was too close to turn around, they had likely already seen her. To leave now would be rude. Eden suppressed a groan, she wasn't willing to put her reputation (if she had one) just because she didn't feel like socializing. She deduced that the tiny two wouldn't be a threat for obvious reasons. She amused herself with thoughts of the two aggressively running into her side then falling over, like hitting a wall. 
Eden stepped up to the two, a smile on her lips. One was a stallion, his white coat gleaming and dripping with red accents. He smelled of peppermint and intrigued Eden. The other was a mare, her coat a pale color as well, though she lacked the minty scents of the other one. "Fellow night owls, I presume?" Eden questioned the duo with a flick of her tail. "My name's Eden."

[Image: 55e3948091bdb]
please tag eden in all posts

Time the Dice Queen Posts: 144
OOC Account atk: 50 | def: 50 | dam: 50
Mare :: Other :: 5'7 :: 22 HP: 5050 | Buff: DROPKICK
Time
Unarchived per request

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
Johnny
Okay so I guess my entrance was probably a little confusing or something. I really didn’t intend that (haha totally did) but the result is entertaining. I mean granted, there are preferred methods for greeting someone as adorable as myself but what are you going to do. I haven’t had time to train this delightful creature yet. Have I mentioned how she’s almost my size? My size!!! I can’t really remember if I’ve met anyone so close to the perfect height before so I’m pretty excited about it. I’m trying to be subtle about it. But I imagine she’s probably thinking the same thing - ‘man that sugary-sweet, handsome fella is a gorgeous specimen of 13 hands’.

Oh yeah, that’s definitely what was going through her head.

She asked if something was the matter which was just so cute of her. “What? Oh nothing’s wrong, sweetie. I’m just really glad I ran into you.” Cue a winning smile. The smile sticks around, of course, because I am fortunate enough that someone else came across our merry little gathering just a couple moments later.

She’s taller than me and Moonsugar (you know because her coat shines like… sugar...  under the moon... okay I can do better) over there but I’m not about to turn away a gorgeous lady just because she’s tall. “You got it, sugar! Night owls we are.” Which is a really weird phrase because aren’t most owls night owls? Why the need to specify? Wouldn’t the term ‘owl’ work just fine? “Pleasure to meet you, Eden.” What a delightful name, this paradise mare. “My name is Johnny.” Green eyes, bright with a grin because what ELSE am I going to do when surrounded by two lovely maries, slide over the first, near-perfect-height mare and I wonder if she’ll excuse my odd entrance and join in the conversation. I certainly hope so!
I'm your sweet sugar Candyman
Image Credit
Table by Sevin!

@Aisling @Eden
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

It was a passing strange feeling, to suddenly be confronted with such relaxed and easy happiness, when she had just moments before been determinedly engrossed in her melancholy.  She eyed minty stag with a curiosity. His happiness seemed to come from nowhere but it was an infectious thing. Glad to see her even though they had never met before? The faerie though it such a charming notion, like maybe it was fate that they had come across each other, or perhaps that had indeed met before but only in a dream. A shy little smile began to tug at her lips but before she could speak again they matched set of ponies was joined by a taller mare.

The second unicorn introduced herself with a smile and Aisling gave a nod of hello. “A night-creature I am as often as not. ‘Tis the best time for watching the stars.  Blessed evening to you, Eden.” She turned back to Johnny when he gave his name and finally smiled in earnest. When his green eyes moved in her direction, the meeting of gazes forced a soft bubble of laughter up from her belly. “I am glad to have run into you, too Johnny, my name is Aisling.”

Is that really all it takes to banish sadness? A friendly face who is happy to see you? The God of Sun might have been right to send me on this quest of mine, even if I’ve been neglecting it, emotions are strange things. She pondered for a moment, letting the smile on her lips sink down into her heart. The hope and happiness of meeting new friends was a warming comfort against the coldness of losing old ones. “Three pale creatures, meeting under a bright moon… sounds like the start of a good song to me, though perhaps it would add to the poetry of it if I had a horn upon my head like the both of you. Are ye both wanderers as well?”
“.”

Image Credit

@Eden @Johnny