the Rift

[PRIVATE] let the hurricane set in motion

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
It was spring now. The last time I saw the Rotunda it was covered in a blanket of white. Thankfully the chill and crisp edge of the air was gone and replaced with the smell of sweet flowers blooming in the distance. I made my way near the water’s edge, stepping in and covering my gold dusted pelt. It felt nice, wading in the chill of the water from the mountains. It was almost surreal as the weather grew into spring after such a harsh winter. I almost missed it, the darkness and closeness of the snow. I didn’t miss the ice covering the ponds and lakes though. The hot springs seemed to be too warm for me too, especially in the dead of Frostfall.

Coating myself in a casing of the water, I swam gingerly to the structure just off the edge. The same structure I had explored before meeting Rohan. He was such an interesting creature, and suddenly I began to wonder to myself where he had gone. Either way, I pulled myself up into the building. The stained glass painting different colors on my darkened coat, before I shook out some of the water that soaked up in my fur like a sponge.

When it came to thoughts and emotions, I felt quite numb. Everything that had happened to me within the last season left me that way. I began to try and forget anything that happened and anything that would potentially happen. I began to wonder if I could get away with meeting new people again. I wouldn’t be such a huge flirt as I had been before; no. I was too broken for that. Now was the time where I needed to admit to others the true person I was. I was a genuine mistake in every aspect of my life. And it was just now beginning to catch up to me.

Stretching out my legs, my joints ached with the constant walking I took up to clear my thoughts. It never really worked, I was almost always stuck in this rut. I couldn’t keep my mind away from Caleb and Tembovu, no matter how hard I tried and no matter what it was I did. I had hoped this walk would keep me from thinking of them. It hadn’t worked, and here I was standing in the middle of the stone structure, a being covered in a variety of colors on my cream and golden pelt, lost in thought.

the only line that’s true is the line you’re from.

Rexanna
Image Credits!

@Ilios
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
Ilios
Today he was out headed for a place he knew all to well; his birth place. He soared over head searching the Ancient Rotunda and anything interesting. He was still trying to find his place in the Dragon's Throat, and in his heart. The young stallion still felt lost, confused about who he was and what he wanted. Life was so difficult; and trying to be happy with everything you did it would be next to impossible. Why was it so hard to be happy? Why would the God's curse them with something so difficult? he sighed and tried to focus on flying; up, down, up, down.

Suddenly the shiny stained glass roof came into the sight. He smiled softly as he circled the beautiful building. He wondered how the structure had been built. Ilios knew the gods were strong and powerful, but how had they been delicate enough to maneuver the glass? Maybe it had been the Moon Goddess that had made the glass and the Earth god to make the pillars. He didn't know for sure of course, but it sounded good.

He smiled softly as he circled lower hooves searching for the ground below. A light thump sounded his arrival as his legs shook with the impact. Silver eyes gazed up at the structure and wondered how it was everything looked different from down here. His nostrils quivered drawing the sweet scent of a female. Ears pricked curiously as he sampled the warm air again. He could tell easily it was a mare, as well as the scent of frozen air and ice; Basin. Taking a deep breath he hoped his horn would be enough to keep his wings intact.

Stepping into the warm building he basked in the bright colors as they washed over his golden and teal trimmed pelt. His silver gaze found the horned mare, she was the same height as him, only much slimmer. It was hard to figure what color her pelt really was. He thought white and gold but with the multitude of bright stained glass reflecting on her, he wasn't sure. Deep drawling voice sounded, "Hello Miss. I am Ilios I hope it's okay that I'm intruding." He smiled softly at her dipping his head low showing his respect for a lady. Parelia's teaching had not been in vain.
Wonderings   Talking
Words: 389
OOC: His voice
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~ Robert Frost
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

A sigh had just been exhaled before blue eyes danced around the Rotunda a bit more. I couldn’t help but to try and look upon something beautiful to try to grasp my mind back from the depths. It didn’t seem to take much before I felt frustrated with myself. Head lowered, eyes now shut and dappled with the colors of the rainbow. I could hear the birds above me, chatting with each other and going on with their lives. It was such a strange idea, the fact that others were living their lives while mine was inevitably falling apart with me sitting in the middle doing my best to glue them back in place.

It would never be the same and I knew I needed to come to terms with that. A broken mirror pieced back together will never be what it was before. The sooner I learned that, the better off I was. However, as I wallowed in my own self pity, a voice rung out to me. “Hello Miss. I am Ilios I hope it’s okay that I’m intruding.” My eyes darted up and my ears flickered with slight embarrassment. Nodding to him, I lifted my head slightly and regained as much composure as I could before clearing my throat.

Yes. However, you’re not intruding, friend.” I spoke out to him and offered him a small smile. He seemed as though he arrived with good intentions, dipping his head to me. I did the same to him, then spent a few moments observing the creature that had seemed to appear out of thin air. Had I really been in that much thought? Surprisingly, he was the same size as me roughly which was rare for me. His neck held a slight arch to it that made him look regal in a way and I couldn’t help but watch him curiously. His head seemed hefty, however his coloring was what distracted me more. He was quite green in a way with a base of an almost silvery complexion. He was paired with wings and a horn and I couldn’t help but to do my best from refraining of thinking of Caleb.

Then I realized I had been rude and not introduced myself. “Hello, Ilios. I am Rexanna. It’s a pleasure.” I said calmly, smiling lightly to him before taking a few steps toward him to close the gap between us two. The movements allowing the chain attached to my horn to dance to and fro. The stained glass rippling and moving with different shapes as I approached him. “What brings you here, if I may ask?” I nodded to him lightly. Small talk, good thinking. Maybe he wouldn’t ask me why I was so down looking. That’d save a lot of embarrassment for me.

I know a girl who shares a name with a guardian.

Rexanna
Image Credits!

@Ilios

Ilios
The stud reviled in the beautiful sounds of spring. Whomever had named it Birdsong, could not have been more right. He could hear them now, calling out their joy embracing the warm weather. A slow happy smile spread over his features as he strode into the colorful building. He allowed his silver gaze to dance over the mare for a moment before he spoke to her. She seemed upset, or was it lost? She jumped slightly as his words met her ears, which swiveled back for a second. Instead of questioning her feelings the golden stallion stopped and waited for her reply. His wings ruffled slightly away from him as she gave her blessing of his presence. It was strange, to him, to speak to non-winged horses. Did they realize that opening his wing would mean he was greeting them, or would they see it as a threat? Unsure of the answer he pulled them back in not wanting to frighten her.

Her voice was sweet and warm, like honey. Speaking of honey, he was sure the lady's pelt was white and gold. 'I think this is the only time I've ever wished for the sun to go away. If just for a moment so I could see her coloring better.' His thoughts were soon interrupted as he caught her gaze sliding over him. Unable to help himself the male arched his neck slightly trying to look more impressive than he felt. It was hard not to show off, when a pretty lady was looking you over. He smiled nervously at her as she spoke again. Golden ears flickered towards her trying to catch ever last word.

He watched her movements cautiously as the scent of frozen ice wafted towards him. 'Why does it feel like the Basin is holding out on pretty girls?' He wondered quietly before shoving the thoughts away. His curious gaze was captured once more, not by her body this time, but by the golden chain attached to her odd shaped horn. He bowed once more as she offered her name. "The pleasure is all mine, Miss Rexanna." A warm playful grin swept over his muzzle. As she offered a question he couldn't help but wonder if she was trying to hide something. Instead of tensing the stallion relaxed hoping to have her do the same. Hell the little trick had worked before, so why not now? Ilios allowed his mind to wonder for a moment, trying to find an answer to her question. Sure he could lie try to make himself seem cool. Maybe tell her he was looking for some tail, or give her some happy sappy story. Instead he chose to tell the truth, as hard has it might have been for an older more experienced male. He had no problem with showing his feelings, so he spoke as softly as his bass tone would allow, "I was hoping to find out more about myself here." He paused for a moment his silver eyes trying to catch and hold her blue. "You see, I was born here. I thought this place might hold some answers for me." There was no shame in his voice, no regret about spilling his guts; just the truth. His eyes became wistful for a moment before he allowing his voice to roll out once more, "What brings you here on this fine Birdsong day?" large dome cocked curiously as he waited for an answer, if she didn't want to go in depth as he had, so be it. It would take a lot more than a little holding back to cause him to feel butt hurt.
Wonderings Talking
Words: 608
OOC: @Rexanna His voice
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~ Robert Frost
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Watching the hybrid stag before me, I couldn’t help but to notice him almost puff up as I gazed upon him. He seemed aged, weathered, but still looked handsome in a wise way. I began to wonder what kind of things he had seen in his lifetime, however long it had been. His appearance seemed to suggest that he had been through many things and her curiosity struck deep within her at the thought of perhaps he lived elsewhere before stumbling across this land known as Helovia much like she had. A history elsewhere to easily erase with nobody knowing what the past had. I nodded softly to him with a smile as he spoke to me. I dipped my head lightly before his next set of words hit her ears.

I was hoping to find out more about myself here.’ The words echoed in my ears for a few moments as he paused. I found it rather funny, considering that was exactly what I was here for as well. Except, as he continued, I wasn’t born there. Perhaps my story would have been much different if I had been, and then I began to wonder what kind of life someone has had living in this land all their time. Had they not wondered what was out there aside from this place? Surely some had to have been curious. Perhaps the others had left and never returned? That was a possibility. Especially for these creatures with wings.

Brought back to reality, ears perked to him as he asked what I was doing here. I couldn’t help but to emit a small laugh before shaking my head at my sudden outburst. “Ah, I’m here for similar reasons. I wasn’t born here, however, but it seems like quite the beautiful place to gather one’s thoughts.” I said softly, locking my eyes with his silver orbs. “You must feel lucky, being born in such a beautiful land.” I said softly before dropping my gaze. I had heard that I had been born in the desert. A dusty birth during a small wind storm that nearly caked my creamy coat into a chestnut. What a way to be born.

I glanced up to take another look at the stained glass that cascaded colorful streams of light. The movement making the colors glint off my golden horn accompanied by that single chain. Blue eyes striking as they stood with a black background of the eye liner that ran down my face. I allowed my gaze to dance back to Ilios, taking a glance at his wings once more. It was times like these that I wished I had wings. Two appendages that could carry me into the sky and let my feelings and worry sit back in the dirt of the earth. I wasn’t that lucky, however. I was stuck feeling these terrible pains of heartache with every step. The only thing I could do is try my best to keep going despite the searing pain. As far as I was concerned, I was doing a fairly good job at it.

I know a girl who shares a name with a guardian, she was a saint

Rexanna
Image Credits!

@Ilios

Ilios
He couldn't keep his shinning gaze off of her, and she couldn't seem to help but doing the same. He smiled still holding his neck up proudly. He wondered how she saw him. Did she see a silly colt trying to look older and braver than he was, or did she see him for what he was? Could this mare see the pain he had felt, see the love he longed to feel? The glint in her beautiful blue gaze seemed to look like curiosity. He couldn't be sure and wouldn't press her; even if he longed to. He wanted to know what she thought, what she saw, and what she wanted to ask. He waited silver gaze trailing over her pretty face. There was black that seemed to run down her face and under her jaw. She was very unique in a way he had come to associate with Helovia. He had come to the decision that this land drew the strange to it.

Her warm laughter drew him from the idol thoughts. Pricking his ears once more he smiled kindly at her. The last sentence caught him off guard though. His ears flickered for a moment as their eyes met. He had never really thought about how lucky he had been to be born into such a stunning place. Carefully his head tilted slightly as he pondered a response for a moment. Drawling bass rolled away from thoughtful lips, "Yes ma'am, I guess I am lucky. Helovia is a wonderfully confusing place to live." Carefully he watched her face, wondering how she would react to that. "I guess that's just life though; amazing and difficult." He reached out with his soft golden muzzle as her head dropped. Did that mean her birth place had been rough and wild? Either way it pained him to see her hurting for any reason. "Are you okay Rexanna? I know we just met, but you can talk to me."  He smiled kindly lowering his head to try and catch her eye again. Sure he was young, but he could listen and take some weight off of her heavy heart.

After a few heart beats he pulled back lifting his head up again. He watched her stunning sapphire eyes look up at the brightly colored room. Then she turned back to look at his wings. He grinned and opened them wide. Teal and silver feathers reflected the warm bright colors from the stained glass above them. "You can touch them if you'd like, I wont mind." He smiled playfully at her a chuckle rumbling from his deep chest. A sudden thought entered his brain and he acted on a whim. Reaching towards his left wing he grabbed a silver rimmed teal feather and pulled gently. It came free, a secondary feather, a token of his friendship. Carefully he laid it at her hooves before turning eyes gaze back on her face. "This is a peace offering, so you'll always know you have a friend. All you have to do, if you need me, is come to the Throat." He smiled warmly at her bright eyes flickering with honesty and friendship.
Wonderings   Talking
Words: 527
OOC: @Rexanna His voice
Tag me

I couldn’t help but to smile at the male. He seemed so genuinely kind and caring as he beamed his smile to me. The aura he let off was just such a welcoming feeling that I really hadn’t felt in quite a long time. His words then hit my ears and I nodded along with him. It was a confusing place; but wonderful in many ways. I was granted a home so quickly that it was almost unreal. However, I felt as though I proved myself again and again. I worked for the things that I had, honestly. However, I didn’t work hard in my relationships so it seemed. And that was my downfall for the moment. The downfall of destroying all hopes of love from both parties. Why was I such a mess?

My ears flicked away from him for a moment as I got lost in my thoughts. Perking back to him as I heard my name. I shifted slightly uncomfortable. Should I tell a perfect stranger that I was a lying whore? Or do I just ignore it and tell him I’m not interested? Being of the sneak class, I felt as if I shouldn’t have anything to do with letting others know my business. Especially someone that smelt nothing like an outcast. Perhaps a homeland? It was a scent I was unfamiliar with.

I caught his eye for a moment after he spoke; a slight uncomfort sitting in the bottom of my stomach. ‘You can touch them if you’d like, I won’t mind.’ Ah, so he had seen that I had been staring into the colorful plumes that lined his extra appendages. I smiled to him but shook my head lightly to signal that I wouldn’t want to creep him out by staring at them and wishing to feel them. The thought kind of made me laugh quietly. I wondered what impression I had on this stag if he wanted me to touch his feathers. However, before I could say anything, he approached me with a teal feather in his lips; setting it on the ground before me before his striking gaze caught mine once more. My expression a bit of surprise and slightly a bit of confusion.

I smiled to him, a genuine one right back. “Thank you Ilios. That’s truly kind of you.” I said softly before lowering my head and picking up the little teal feather and reaching around to place it somewhere in my mane where I wouldn’t lose it on the travel home. What a sentimental gift from such a stranger. Though perhaps it meant that he wouldn’t be much of a stranger at all anymore. Turning my aqua orbs back to meet his, I dipped my head lightly to him, thanking him once more. “I wish I had something to give you back, but alas I’m quite plain.” A small giggle escaped my chest. “I’m sorry for staring at your wings. Sometimes I wish I had a pair to escape things with.” And that’s when I paused.

I realized I had let him in on a little secret already. The fact I needed to escape things often? Great job. I shifted my weight again before exhaling a small sigh. “I don’t want to burden you with my issues, friend.” I offered him a small smile. Still trying to figure out what I could perhaps give him in exchange, but nothing came to mind. I was still processing the word he spoke earlier of the Throat. Was that the 4th herd I hadn’t ever heard of? I wondered what it was like.

I have a question for you though. Didn’t pulling that feather out hurt?” I said softly with a small laugh. “If you’re ever in need as well to talk or anything, you have a friend in the Basin. Though I have nothing to give in return unfortunately.” I said softly; jumping from topic to topic in an uncertainty of what to do at this point. I had a slight feeling that I should tell him and perhaps he would help with advice? Or it could backfire in my face. Though at this point I felt desperate.

I know a girl who shares a name with a guardian, she was a saint

Rexanna
Image Credits!

@Ilios YAY FOR FRIENDS <3

Ilios
Silver eyes watched her closely for a moment as she smiled back. It was nice to be around someone that really seemed to appreciate his company. Her ears flicked away then back again as he uttered her name. She seemed lost in thought like something was really bothering her, but what? It became clear, in her silence that she did not want to talk about it. That was fine with him, if she wanted to keep to herself so be it. 'Maybe she just doesn't like to talk about personal things with strangers.' He dipped his horned head a kind knowing smile creeping over his face. He wouldn't tell her it was okay not to trust him, but he hopped the smile would do.

As he told her she could touch his feathery appendages she merely shook her head a smile on her muzzle. He only smiles warmly at her before taking the feather from his wing and closing them. Silver meet blue and he smiles around the silver lined feather as she looks confused. Carefully he places the soft token down before he sees her bright warm smile. He chuckles softly at her words. "It's nothing between friends. I know we just met, and it might seem strange, but when I feel someone will make a good friend I treasure them." He smiles kindly before stepping back slightly and hocking his rear hoof; relaxing. Her next words surprise the hell out of him. Silver eyes widen as he watches her in confusion before he speaks again, "Dear Rexanna, I don't want anything but your smile and happiness in return. I really don't mind you staring, they are pretty bright." He chuckles warmly for a moment as he watches her.

Maybe he was being pushy with his questions, but the stallion was only trying to be friendly and kind. He knew all to well how much just having a friend could really help for anyone. The stallion watches her quietly one ear flicked back as he thought of how he had longed for a friend as a young colt. If he had only had one friend then how much different would he be now? Then her words settle in. She wanted to escape from things? Concern crosses his face, but he allows her to speak again. His ears turn sideways as he wonders what pain she hiding from him. He smiles softly at her before allowing his deep drawl to rumble again, "If you don't want to talk about it, I understand completely, we did just meet after all. Please don't think that I would mind bearing your pain. It really can help to talk, but you don't have too." He smiled kindly and reached his muzzle forward trying to bump her muzzle reassuringly. He falls silently then allowing his words and maybe touch to sink in before pulling back.

He smiled warmly at her as she spoke to him and laughed. Would everyone thing that they had to repay him for simply being kind? He hoped not. "It hurt a stung, about like a fly bite." He shrugged, dismissing the pain quickly. "I really don't need anything in return, I promise." He chuckled softly and shook his powerful head warmly. "I appreciate that, but I'm not sure how welcome one with wings might be there." He meant the comment as a joke and he hoped she would take it that way. He smiled softly at her before relaxing completely once more. His eyes roved over her face trying to figure out how she really felt or what she was thinking. "I may be young, but I think I could help you, if you want." Concern dripped from his bass voice as his silver eyes watched her calmly.
Wonderings   Talking
Words: 628
OOC: @Rexanna
Tag me