the Rift

[OPEN] Chasing Ghosts

Eden Posts: 56
Absent Abyss atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 7
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy

E D E N

The pale mare's hooves struck the earth with soft thuds, occasionally breaking twigs and crushing dead leaves. The pops and snaps of the lifeless foliage was satisfying to the fem. In Birdsong there weren't as many of these dead twigs and leaves to crunch; finding them was a challenge. Regardless, it was an activity Eden enjoyed for no particular reason. Her brother was more of a fan of it than she ever was. Part of her didn't want to acknowledge the fact she was doing it to keep his memory alive, but part of her did. It was a perplexing thought. She had taken up this little habit, come far away from her home to partake in it, but only because someone she once loved had done so many times before her.
Eden let out a soft sigh at this musing, her heart aching at it. She slowly came to a halt, her face falling into a somber emotion. Her she was, alone again. She had joined the herd to make friends, yet she could call no one by such a name. Was she better off in the wilds, searching for her family? Did it even matter? Her family could be dead, but then again, there wasn't a point in staying somewhere she felt discontent in. What's the difference between chasing ghosts and chasing superficial daydreams? Could it be a lesser of two evils? Either way could lead her to a desirable and not so desirable future.
The mare's golden lock in her forelock fell across her face, shimmering in the pale light of the forest. She tossed her mane and forelock back, the soft tendrils floating around her for seconds before falling into place. Then it hit her. She just needed time to fall into place, like her hair! It was perhaps the strangest analogy she had come up with to date, but it was a start. 

"blah blah blah."

this was the weirdest post ever. I'm rusty ;_; for @Ilios but anyone is welcome to say hi.
[Image: 55e3948091bdb]
please tag eden in all posts

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
Ilios
The boy had never been this far into a forest before; everything was dark and quiet. It was sad and nice to be alone for a while. A tentative smile fell upon his handsome face. Life and emotions were not very easy to figure out. Sometimes it was pleasant to be alone, other times it could break your heart. Why was it so confusing to find the perfect balance? He snorted in aggravation as the thoughts twisted inside his head. He shock his horned head the long forelock flipping in his face as his Mowhawk mane flicked side to side.

The sound of twigs snapping drew his attention. Sharp silver eyes gazed around as he wished he didn't have his glowing metal boots on. They made him a beacon in the dark forest. Oh well, he would just have to be prepared for whatever came at him. Then he caught sight of a beautiful ghostly grey mare. The boy had to fight to keep his mouth from dropping open. Taking a deep breath he steadied himself before stepping forward. His bass voice rang out kindly, "Hello miss, I'm Ilios."

Carefully he stopped within an two feet of her a soft smile on his lips. Keeping his silver eyes on the lass he dipped his head low. It was always nice to meet new people, especially when they were attractive mares. The soft glow from his spiked boots only added to her ethereal beauty. She had a single golden strip in her forelock and a bright spiraled golden horn. The boy tried his best not to stare, but it was difficult. Instead eh turned his gaze to the surrounding woods making sure they really were alone. It would suck for a twisted horse to show up and interrupt them.
Wonderings   Talking
Words: 298
OOC: Horrible, it'll get better I promise @Eden
His voice
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~ Robert Frost
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

prissy

e d e n
if you were to leave, fulfill someone else's dreams, I think I might be totally lost

Her pale ears flicked in the direction of someone approaching her. Eden's body grew tense, her smile wavering. Socializing still didn't come easy to her despite the many horses she had been meeting lately. She prayed the newcomer would be someone she knew, but it was a bit too much to ask. She had come far from home. 
The horse who approached had a coat bathed in pale gold and dipped in verdant. Glowing silver boots adorned his forelegs, making Eden even more curious about the unfamiliar stallion. He came within about two feet of her, allowing Eden to observe the feathers upon his shoulders and horn upon his crown. Her tense demeanor eased when he began to speak and bow before her. She smiled, flicking her ears back and shifting her weight onto her back legs, feelings of nervousness flooding her body.
"I-it's nice to meet you," Eden stammered, eyes flicking back and forth from her hooves to Ilios' argentate eyes. She found him admittedly handsome despite the wings upon his back. Wings weren't necessarily outlawed in the Basin, but she was certainly weary of those bearing the appendages. This stallion was like one she had met before; Caleb. He was a member of the Basin as well, though this horse lacked the scents her home was filled with. His scents were not quite beachy, but in that area.
Eden fought the urge to chew on her lip as she sorted out what she wanted to say. "I'm Eden. I'm from the Aurora Basin, where are you from? You don't smell like the north," She gushed, head tilting in curiosity. She knew there were other herds, but who inhabited them were a mystery to her. She found it exciting to meet a stranger from a different herd, especially one so kind. 

@Ilios
ooc: ah no you're fine! sorry for eden's panicky self being extra panicky cx

Ilios
Ilios watched the mare curiously for a moment before turning to the woods around them. She seemed nervous about his presence so he turned back to her with a kind smile and lowered his head, trying to look friendly. It had never been difficult for the young stallion to talk to others. The hardest part was figuring out if you liked them and if they liked you. Warm silver eyes looked at her light grey face, wondering how she was feeling about him now. If she wanted him to leave he would, there wasn't a point in making her uncomfortable for no reason.

He cocked his rear right hoof relaxing as he waited quietly for her own name. He had learned a thing or two from visiting the Threshold so often. He was learning how to calm others with his own body, his words, his voice, and his eyes. He blinked slowly at the taller mare as she spoke in a shaky voice. "The pleasure is all mine Miss." He let his voice turn to deep silk his eyes were liquid silver. He takes a deep breath sampling her feminine scent. He could tell right off that she was from the north. Long white tipped tail flicked at his hocks; the only sign of misgivings. The stallion watched her a little closer now as her eyes flicked between himself and her hooves.

Ears pricked forward as she spoke once more. 'So, she is from the Basin.' He had seen the scars upon his mother's hide. Her Basin attacker had been crazy, vicious, and racist. What this girl like that as well, or was she different? Being on the kind side he would give her the benefit of the doubt. Even though he knew this sweet shy girl could just be an act. Taking a deep breath he spoke calmly once more, "I hail from the south, a place called the Dragon's Throat. It's as far south in Helovia as you can go." He eyed her for a moment before speaking again, "What brings you down this far south today?" He hoped it would sound like normal small talk, when it really was meant to be prying. He needed to know more about her, and her intentions.
Wonderings   Talking
Words: 376 @Eden
OOC: His voice
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~ Robert Frost
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

prissy

e d e n
if you were to leave, fulfill someone else's dreams, I think I might be totally lost

The pale mare's golden gaze finally came to a rest upon the stallion as his attention shifted elsewhere in the woods. She studied his horn and feathers, their presence forever enthralling her. They made her feel strangely peaceful. The cohabitation of two species in one body that accomplished elegancy with effortless grace gave her a sense of hope. She was weary of those who lacked a horn, but perhaps she needn't be. 'We're all horses in the end.'
His voice rolled off his tongue like molasses, thick and sugary. It eased her mind and body, her shakiness slowly wearing off. His relaxed demeanor spread like wildfire to the mare. Her head dropped slightly, features softening and turning curious. The stallion wasn't much like the other hybrid she knew - Caleb. He was all rough and tumble, dark and dreary. This one was gentlemanly. 
Eden pricked her ears forward, listening attentively to his reply to her question. Him merely existing interested her. "I hail from the south, a place called the Dragon's Throat. It's as far south in Helovia as you can go." She thought for a moment about his response. The Dragon's Throat. "Sounds hot," Eden murmured her remark, glancing to the sky. This Forest was borderline too hot for her. He spoke once more, catching Eden's gaze again."What brings you down this far south today?"
The pale mare's expression puckered slightly, deep in thought. It was difficult to answer without sounding like a complete loon. "I'm adventuring - looking for sticks," Eden stated slowly, her gaze dropping to the forest floor below her. She took a step backwards, eyes scouring the ground for a stick that would make a nice snapping sound. Once her eyes found one she was satisfied with she lifted her hoof and struck the earth, the stick beneath her hoof making a nice cracking sound. 
Eden smiled lightly, looking back to Ilios. "My brother used to do it all the time," her words growing soft and quiet as her eyes trailed back to her hoof. 

'Poor stick.'

"blah blah blah."

@Ilios

Ilios
He could feel her golden eyes upon him as he looked around the forest. Not being able to hear anything or see anyone the stud turned back to the grey mare. He caught her looking at his wings, which caused a smile to spread slowly over his handsome face. Slowly, carefully, he unfurled his teal and silver wings as he spoke, "I'm sure wings are a rarity in the Basin. Would you like to touch them? I wont bite, I promise." He grinned playfully at her silver eyes tracing her golden horn. it was good to see his plan had worked. As she relaxed his smile brightened. As her warm voice rolled out he nodded his ivy masked head. "Yes ma'am. I haven't lived there for very long, but I can already feel the heat coming in. At least we have an oasis and the ocean surrounds the herd land." He was sure that wasn't to much information, surely some of the Basin had already been to the Throat, and knew how it was laid out.

He watched her face quirk oddly as he voiced his question. 'Sticks?' His handsome buckskin dome tilted slightly as he watched her. Ilios longed to ask why, but chose to wait instead. Maybe she would explain, if not he wouldn't ask. Without offering an explanation, to him, that would mean she didn't want him to know. He waited quietly then chuckled at her answer. Then he saw the look that crossed her face. Slowly he pulled his wings back in and stepped forward. She seemed to be hurting and he wanted to help. He reached his tender muzzle towards her trying to comfort her. "My sister has always liked to pounce on leaves." He offered gently his silver eyes kind.

He stood with his muzzle out for a moment or two before drawing back now only a foot away. "How do you like Helovia so far? It is a very odd place." He joked playfully eyes bright trying to lighten the mood. Ilios watched her once more standing tall and proud. He didn't have much of an ego, but there was a little bud of self-worth growing along with his body. Testosterone was certianly a weird and annoying part of growing up. It made it hard to think of anything besides mares and what he would like to do with them. It made it even more annoying that he, sometimes, had a hard time hiding it. His eyes were usally what gave his naughty thoughts away. Instead the stud turned his gaze away, upwards towards the sky. The sun was high above them by now, he knew that, even though he couldn't see the fireball.
Wonderings Talking
Words: 451
OOC: @Eden His voice
Tag me

prissy

e d e n

Golden eyes travelled the stallion's body, falling upon his wings as he unfurled them. The feathers looked silky and light; free of the weight that bound her own body to the ground. She wasn't quite sure she wanted to have the ability to fly. One mistake in the air could result in her premature death. 'How sad that something so beautiful is so deadly,' Eden thought before realizing that it was applicable to much more than just wings. 
"I'm sure wings are a rarity in the Basin. Would you like to touch them? I wont bite, I promise." Eden flicked her eyes up to meet his silvery pools and gentle grin, noting his own interest in her horn. She smiled lightly, moving forward with a nod. She reached her nose outward, meeting the plush feathers with a giggle. "They're so soft," she stated, tracing her nose along the edge of his wings. "There's only one horse that I know of in the Basin who has wings. He's like you, he has a horn, too," She stated, pulling back and moving back to her original place. 
Her golden gaze flicked back to Ilios's as he replied to her remark about his home. She smiled, eyes widening as he spoke of his home. "The ocean?! I've never been to the ocean before. It sounds like your home is lovely. Just too hot for me," Eden remarked, suddenly beginning to miss the cold tundras of her home in the north. It wasn't too warm in the Forest, but she did quite prefer her weather chilly. 
The only chill she felt now was in her heart as she mentioned her brother. She did her best to keep her features soft, emotionless, perhaps a bit sorrowful. She had cried too much over losing her family, but that didn't mean she had lost all her tears. Some say time heals all wounds, but she knew very well that was anything but true. 
Eden flicked her eyes up to Ilios, his features looking gentle, tender in the light streaming through the forest's trees. She touched her muzzle to his own for a moment before pulling back, a silent thank you for the gesture. She listened attentively to his words about his sister, a weak smile crossing her face. "I suppose it's a sibling thing," She nickered, pulling her head up a bit, recovering a bit of her composure, as did he.
"How do you like Helovia so far? It is a very odd place." Ilios stated playfully. Eden smirked, giving her mane a shake. "It's odd, but I think the best things are. Without a bit of oddness life would be so boring," Eden stated, admiring the stallion as he glanced to the sky. She couldn't help but wonder what was really on his mind...

Ilios
His intelligent gaze did not miss the way her own slid over his frame. Unable to help himself the stallion arched his neck slightly, proud of the handsome colors he had been blessed with. Taking advantage of her sweep eyes he did the same to her. She was enchanting with her light grey body marked with a golden spot upon her neck, golden horn, and a gold streak in her forelock. A shiver ran through his body, a feeling of pure and instinctual lust. He tried his best to shove the feeling and thought away. But as his gaze devoured her sturdy and curvy bodice, he couldn't stop thinking of how her skin must feel.

Then he uncurled his wings and offered her something he was sure she didn't expect. A warm smile crossed his features as she turned to look into his eyes. When her muzzle touched his soft feathers, fire bloomed where her skin touched and raced down his body. Longing grew in his heart and loins pulling his smile up farther. He chuckled warm and deep as her light giggle touched his ears. She traced the soft appendages for a moment as he watched her still smiling. "Thank you, I try to keep them nice and clean.0" He laughed playfully watching her as she spoke again. "Caleb." He whispered expression turning dark for a second. Oh yes, he knew the arrogant bastard. Tucking the nasty thoughts away he spoke of the Throat instead.

"Maybe you can come and visit one day, just to see the Ocean, or we could go to the Endless Blue." His eyes sparkled as they spoke of the sea. "It's a marvelous thing, always shifting and changing." His mind wondered on that for a second before a sudden idea hit him. He remembered what he had done for Rexanna, she had loved it so why wouldn't Eden. He reached towards his left wing searching with his teeth for one of the larger feathers, before making his selection. Easily he pulled the four inch silver lined feather out and turned back towards her. Reaching forward he tried to place the token in her mane, if she wouldn't allow it, he would place it at her feet. "This is a token of our friendship Eden. If you ever need me, come to the Throat and ask for me. Show them this and they will know you seek me." He smiled and tried to brush his muzzle along her neck. The boy wondered if she felt the fire he did when she touched him.

When sorrow touched her gentle beautiful face he couldn't help but extend a wing to try and cover her. He longed to shield her from the pain her memories caused, but he could not. He settled for trying to comfort her, she the lady he was there for her sore heart. He spoke of Areli lovingly, trying to show her she was not alone. She accepted hi touch a small smile upon her face. "I suppose it is." He smiled gently before withdrawing his wing.

He followed her lead composing himself for a moment, a soft snort ruffling his tender nose. He nodded in silent agreement, she was right in saying life would be boring without a little craziness. He allowed a comfortable, to him at least, silence to fall as his gaze turned skyward. He was lost in thought for a moment. Thoughts of missing people and how great it would be to have a family that would not leave you, someone to call your own. To someone that had watched his family pull apart he still believed in love. He still wanted to find his soulmate in a mare. Buckskin colored sides heaved with a massive sigh as he tried to pull away from the troubled thoughts. How would he ever find a true and loyal mate, one that would not allow him to walk away? Trying to hide the feelings coursing through him he kept his horned head skyward trying to ignore the longing in his heart.

Wonderings   Talking
Words: 678 @Eden
OOC: His voice
Tag me

prissy

e d e n

When she glanced to the stallion her golden pools were filled with a twinge of an emotion unbeknownst to her. She had never experienced the intimate touch of another, but she found herself longing for it as she stood by Ilios. The stallion next to her had an admirable, regal air about him. She found it attractive, even though his gaze was distracted, admiring her own bodice, he naturally had a princely demeanor. 

When her lips met his feathers it tickled her nose. She let her touch linger, savoring the adrenaline that coursed through her blood in that moment. She was tempted to let her muzzle travel up the length of the wing to meet his cheek, so she could revel in the look on his face a little longer, a little stronger. But she didn't. Her experiment was short lived, she pulled her lips from his feathers, though she was a bit disappointed to do so. She knew she couldn't linger for much longer, she had work in the Basin to be done. 

Speaking of her herdland engaged Eden in the conversation. She was surprised Ilios knew of the horse she spoke of, though he seemed unhappy to mention him. She merely nodded at his remark, gaze dropping to her hooves to think it over. She enjoyed Caleb's company for the most part. He intimidated her to the fullest extent, but she didn't let that rule her interactions with him. 

In fact, he owed her a full twenty four hours of servitude. 

Eden smirked as she remembered their game, finally satisfied with her musings of Caleb and turning her attention back to Ilios with a pleasant mindset. His words spoke of the ocean, filling Eden with immense excitement. "Let's go there together sometime, okay?" She spoke in a tone that surprised her. It was borderline flirty; perhaps even suggestive and she was perfectly okay with it sounding like that.

She gasped as he pulled a silver lined feather from his wing, slipping it into her mane as a token of friendship. Eden's smiled widened, looking to the stallion with an overwhelming sense of gratitude. She let his muzzle drift across her neck, igniting her nerves with fire. She bit her lips so to not gasp again at the feeling so foreign to her. With her eyelids partially closed she reached for his shoulder, whispering a soft "thank you" to him. It was all she could manage. She had rarely been shown such rapid kindness. 

With every touch he ignited her skin, the fire in her nerves dancing and excited her. Even the gentle embrace of his wing was enough to exhilarate her mind and dull the pain she felt. It made her feel hope for the future, for the new family she would construct in Helovia. 

She withdrew from him as he did her. She watched his head look to the sky, features deep in thought. She mused on what he was thinking about, curiously considering a few ideas, though she felt the ideas were far-fetched. She glanced up at the sky herself, reveling in the sunshine and letting it gleam off her mane and the feather it encased. She felt satisfied with the encounter, with her new friend. Though a twinge of sadness filled her heart as she saw the sun was heading down too quick for her to stay any longer. 

Eden let her gaze drift back down from the sky, expression a bit somber as she knew she had to cut their meeting short. "The day is diminishing and the Basin is expecting me home," She stated, brow furrowing as she carefully constructed her words. "I'll see you soon. I promise!" Eden grinned, knowing she wouldn't let this friendship die anytime soon. She turned away then, practically bouncing through the forest with glee. She had a friend

@Ilios