Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen

Another mirror, another
mirror, mirror, mirror
everything a reflection, everything
an unending pain, a pain, pain
pain

Forget it.
I'm fine.

Ashamin's days had been sleepless, and so he had started towards the lake in a sort of listless manner. Besides, he had been hoping to meet with the general of the herd for some time and he knew not all were so thankful for his evening schedule. Were this a meeting by the mirror such timing would have been imperative, but as is he was almost thankful for some daylight--even if it left him blinking helplessly.

Lochan was curled tightly in his sarong when the bonded pair arrived by the shore, sleeping soundly and apparently uninterested in waking until the sun at last set. Carefully the haruspex lowered his head, wincing as the ache from where Caleb had kicked him sent a shiver through him, shuddering as the gash from the Bear God's claw threatened to reopen, and let his companion and sarong slide gently from his frame. He didn't quite have the energy to tote him about, at the moment--it was far past both of their bedtimes, anyhow.

Still, the haruspex put on a front of liveliness in preparation for the meeting ahead. It would be good to meet with the elusive and highly reputed D'Artagnan, if not somewhat intimidating. He hoped to learn much about the general's tactics, and how he went about teaching the soldiers, as well. In his experience none of them needed advice on how to fight with violence, but perhaps a few could be better schooled in the art of a friendly spar.

But it would all come to pass, soon. And in the meantime he could stand with his hocks in the water and look out over that blissfully calm lake. In the meantime, he could try and forget about the crimson scar on his left side and the new life he'd have to lead with it.

""

ASHAMIN
image credits

This is a ranked interdisciplinary meeting/lesson for the Fortify class leader to exchange knowledge with Ashamin. @D'Artagnan has requested that @Sialia and @Caleb be in attendance. This will eventually segue into a fortify class lesson taught through a spar between D'art and Ashamin so it's best to keep it moving so it can count for all your various rank tasks for the season (this can satisfy a number of them!) All other members of the visionary and fortify class are welcome to attend, but please keep in mind that we want this to not get held up.

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Caleb Posts: 135
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1hh :: 4yo :: Orangmoon HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Henrietta :: Weimaraner :: None baylee

He trotted forth, muscles rippling under ebony fur with each step, cloven hooves digging into the snow. His neck was arched, power seeping from his tense muscles. He looked very on-edge, but it would be an idiot's mistake to ask what makes him so. Though he seems tense about something, everything, it is clear he does not want to talk about it, conveying this through the stern expression palpable on his rugged features. His mouth presses into a hard line as Ashamin comes into view, the painted stallion ankle-deep in the water. The beast slinks towards the unicorn, Henrietta in tow. His ears are prickle backwards as he tries to keep excess noise from his ears, noise that clogs his mind and stifles him, though it honestly just makes him look really pissed off.

When he is in a close enough proximity, words flutter into the sky, they are calm, cold, indifferent, unlike his rather angry looking appearance. "Haruspex," he greets, head dipping slightly as he melts into a walk for a few steps then halts, not close enough to Ashamin to encroach on his personal space. "How do you fare?" He questions, feathered tail lashing out behind him as it always does. Perhaps he was reaching out, wondering if it still hurt, all the injuries Caleb gave him. Caleb himself was still bruised in places. The brute is patrolling, but a short break to greet a friend is acceptable. The last thing he had seen on patrol was a yeti, so he stayed ever vigilant, even during this short break.

The warrior hated standing, doing nothing, hated knowing he could be doing something more useful. He despised horses that didn't pursue anything, hated sitting ducks. His hind leg relaxed, cloven hoof resting on it's pointed tip. Though normally a sign of relaxation, when everything elsa is tense, a relaxed leg doesn't mean calmness, perhaps weariness physically, but mentally he is not relaxed, far from it. There is perhaps two things that could ease this build up of tension, of energy. 1: Sparring. 2: Finding a mare. That would all have to wait tomorrow, and he would bide his time patrolling, searching for intruders, things that aren't supposed to be- intercept them. He'll be the best goddamned patroller ever with all this pent up energy, one nonstop patrol shift.

"blah blah blah."

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Яikyn
There is a gathering alongside the lake, one that draws my attention as I find myself again drawn from the wild lands, delivered to the familiar overcast of the towering blue gray stone of our mountain. Still something to my step that is a bit too arrogant, a bit too possessive, I pause long enough to lift my golden crown higher, eyes narrowing for clarity to find that the figure that I see there along the shore is not an illusion.

Wings?

My ears fall back, my nostrils curl in contempt as a snort of confused disgust escapes them.

No wonder my father is haunting the wilderness, no wonder he seeks the solitude of the mountains. At first I thought it had been the absence of my mother and I, but now I am not so sure.

My tail cuts the air with a whistle, my hooves stirring to life beneath me, carrying my frame across the vale at a canter, my tangled mane swept back to reveal the curvature of my neck and shoulder, the various marks of my spars and battles healing or healed, leaving lightened patches of pale cream among the rich black browns of my pelt.

As I near the shore line I find that the winged beast wears as many marks of battle as I do, though it eases the strange knot working tighter in my chest none at all. If he notices that I’m glaring at him, I don’t care - the very sight of him standing there unscathed, no moon eyed beast of a Haruspex taunting his wings with the threat of removal, no wolves snarling at his turned back to flash grins when he turns his gaze back upon them.

I hate him, though I don’t know him. I want him to burst into the righteous flames of Aithniel’s broken heart, as she fled across the vale, tears slipping down her pale, perfect cheeks.

How dare they let his kind here now, when she has fled from the absence of their welcome.

Managing to sever my eyes from the mixed breed behemoth to look over at Ashamin, I find that I am unable to remove the scowl that marks my features – and surely, the Haruspex can guess, at least partly, as to why its there, my golden hooves easing to a halt not far from the bundle of cloth and creature that is the slumbering Lochan, as far from the hybrid as I can be while still being included in the group along the shore.

The sun brings light to a new wound along the paint’s neck, one that is not from my arsenal or that which dappled his painted flesh while we exchanged our blows in the spring thaw. A curious thought as to what became of him almost makes my outrage at the presence of a hybrid that is not my sister ease – almost.

"Ashamin," I say with a nod, trying to hide my irritation that there is a mutation among us, "what is this about?"

[ OOC: why is he such a jerk idk D: ]

in every heart a hole
Image Credit

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Zandora Posts: 85
Outcast atk: 7.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 HH :: 7 years HP: 60.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Evara :: Black Leopard :: None ShadowMare
Zandora
Yes, dear, I'm smiling
Inside I am dying

Had she not dealt with enough? Was she not doing something right? Exhaustion stained starkly purple lanterns as she hid in the dark shadows of the pines. She wanted to disappear for a while, to simply cease to exist, but the world would not offer her that. The world offered her little, but she had come used to that. Onyx muzzle grazed the cold ground, her head low as she slowly trudged through the basin. She tried to keep herself away from the eyes of any who watched, wanting only to get out of the basin without the need for unnecessary pleasantries. 

Luck or life was never on her side though, for her path near the lake was interrupted by three. Her head rose as she looked about, trying to find some other way. Not to her surprise, she would be forced to show her manners and become apart of what was happening. Upon more inspection, she found that Caleb and Ashamin were both there. The guy she had slept with along side her best friend, how cruel life, how damn cruel. When she was within their eye range, she kept her eyes down, not wanting to meet eyes with a certain soul; Ashamin. 

Only at the last moment did she raise her eyes, the orbs carrying no emotion as she fought to keep herself completely composed and sturdy. She first looked at Ashamin, wanting to reach out, to touch him again, but she refrained, Zandora could not face him. "Ashamin." She said, chords lacing with the guilt she tried so hard to keep bottled away and out of sight. Shifting her eyes she looked at Caleb, seeing their naughty night, all she gave him was a dip of her head, hinting at her desire to keep their evening shared together secret.  "Caleb." She managed, 'this will be over soon.' Zandora reminded herself, she could do it. Gaze then looked at one she had never met before, a young stallion he was. He was decorated with golds on a skin of ebonite as well as a single spiraling horn protruding from an onyx cranium. Another dip was seen as she regraded the stranger, "I am Zandora, you would be...?" She asked, her voice small but there. This will be over soon...

OCC: Choopy ik. second week of school starting, so yeah

"Talk?"

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie

Sialia

I tried to sell my soul last night, it's funny he wouldn't even take a bite.

Sweat laced the ebony body, as she came down from her patrol. I had spent a lot of time trotting up and down the steep mountain,  Resting only to speak with the inferior peasants who where set at certain places. As I am coming back down I notice a gathering beginning to form, and I break myself to a walk upon my approach. What is it that is going on here today? Hm?

There is one face I do not recognize. It is one of a ebony and purple mare. She is beautiful, surely, but I wonder what she is. Where is her place? But my thoughts do not linger long, as they turn to a colt, who is familiar in many ways. For a moment I stare at him, trying to place him, and some memories float of him being so much smaller. and next to Illynx's side. I move closer now, and I decide not to say much. The child wouldn't remember me anyways. But he has grown into a handsome young colt. However where was his mother? Had some ill fate become of the Lady Illynx? 

I force myself to return to the topic at hand, and I move to a halt next to Caleb, another of my soldiers. My body straightens and I stand tall, watching Ashamin. The purple woman's voice reaches my ears and I turn my head to regard her carefully, but I say nothing as I turn my head away again.

"Quite a gathering you have here Haruspex. Is there something interesting here that we are watching?"

Inky lips curl up in a smile, tail flicking gently at my hocks. 

Whatever it was, it was an interesting spot. The lake, with Ashamin in it, and the sparse tree's surrounding the beach. Yes, an interesting place indeed.

"Speech here."
Tag;; @[]
Words;; 
Notes;;Ugh. I'm sorry. This is terrible D: But she's here. So there.

Credits: Image by semper
[Image: 538c1505470d5]
Please tag Sialia in all posts! Thanks!

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen

It was as if the others' presence became clear to him before he could see them. He felt almost as if he could feel them, drawing nearer like energy. It was surreal.

The haruspex shook his head, watching his red and black reflection in the cool waters of the day. Whatever it was, he wouldn't, no, couldn't, let it distract him.

When he turned back to face the shore he carried his whole body with him, dragging himself out of the comfort of the lake and standing with his hocks dripping, making small puddles where he stood. He had heard them all arrive and listened in silence to all their queries. Now came the time to answer them.

There gathered was Caleb, the hybrid newcomer; Rikyn, the regrettably talented fool; Zandora, whom he could not even bear to gaze upon; and Sialia, a mare unmet and recognized only from the meeting. He watched them all with a quiet, careful look. They all had the same question, really, or none at all. They all had some semblance of knowing each other and he had clashed with three of them so far in spars of relative levels of destruction.

And all three times, he'd ended battered and in ruins.

Ashamin forced himself to keep his head aloft. The charm of the Bear God's skull dangled behind his ears, a reminder of experience earned. But would it be enough, to have fought so many times, to now face the general before his gathered men? The young Haruspex had hoped D'Artagnan could have done the explaining, but he supposed it had been a foolish thought. He himself was the Haruspex, wasn't he meant to do the talking? He had been the one to volunteer himself as punching bag, in the end.

"Caleb, Rikyn, Zandora, Sialia," he started with a swallow, looking out over them all somewhat nervously. "Thank you for coming. Your general should arrive shortly, the both of us thought it would be best to have a meeting of two classes and perhaps even a demonstration. You soldiers have proven yourself to be fine and practiced fighters, but there is always more to learn." I certainly have a lot of learning to do, Ashamin thought bitterly. He wasn't qualified to give this speech. He wasn't a general. He was just some awkward soul that had gotten the insane notion that he could be something brave. That he could be a defender.

But as he stood awkward before the crowd of four, three having bested him and the fourth no doubt capable of doing the same, it became abundantly clear how little he belonged at the head of this meeting.

""

ASHAMIN
image credits

I apologize for my delay in posting back. In an effort to keep this moving like the SWP and visionary meeting, I'd like to propose everyone try and tag within 96 hours before we move onto another round of posting. Thus, post order is void and you will only be skipped if you don't post before then. As previously mentioned this will go off into a spar thread with D'Artagnan and Ashamin. Once that has happened you are welcome to either continue watching here or start your own spar threads to happen simultaneously with each other. If you plan to do the latter, post in Birdsong Battles requesting you be paired up with someone else here.

@Caleb @Sialia @Rikyn @Zandora @Ghost (It won't let me tag D'Artagnan Dx)

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Яikyn
It never ceases to amaze me how very pretty unicorn women are.

This one is a creature in the fullest blooms of her life, wreathed in amethyst touches and marked with what appears to be a crescent moon as I glance her way, sipping upon her grace; it would be rude to look fully upon her, as this is apparently a meeting of some sort and my attentions should be on the Haruspex, the not the ebony eloquence of a female who is probably well out of my age range.

But Ashamin wasn’t as fair a sight, was he? Especially when seeing him made me think of our spar, and the argument that had inspired it, and while it wasn’t his fault he felt the way he did, I couldn’t help but wonder just how much had changed in my mother’s absence. Why had Aithniel ever left if they were all soft hearted, mutant lovers like the bold but inept priest?

The last to join the circle is around the same age as the first female to distract me, but this one is not so much the lure of prettiness (not to say she isn’t – she is), but that I think I know her. This time I find that I am not so capable of holding my eyes on the holy man along the shore line, my gaze lingering for a while on the ebony mynx as she lets her own do the same to me. She’d had a filly last time, hadn’t she?

Torn from my thoughts by the voice of the amethyst beauty, and feeling a thrill rise through me (wondering what she had called the hybrid, having vaguely caught that she had noted him but unable to recall the syllables from my memory) that she had given me specific attention. Sure, its probably just typical female nosiness, but the off chance that it isn’t is exciting; turning my features towards her with a friendly smile I nod in greeting, preparing my throat to produce words...

And then Ashamin starts talking.

I look at him with a glare, my smile immediately vanished.

Well just tell her for me, why don’t you? I waspishly think to myself, but I do catch the hybrid’s name this time as the Haruspex looks to us all in turn, the name of the blue and black lady striking such recognition in me that I am almost ashamed to have forgotten it, and the violet dame’s name placed alongside all the rest. He continues to explain why we’re all here, and with a lightening of my features, I brighten towards having been interrupted.

The last I had been here, the General had been my uncle, Torleik, but my father had told me something about him having gone somewhere (I admit I may have not been listening as well as I could have, so sue me), and I remember Erebos saying something about the blood bay with the white markings having inherited the position. While I admit it makes me a little sad to know it will not be my family guiding the lesson, I am interested in getting to be around the man who, more often than not, mocked my Lady mother rather than revered her as most; I’d found him hilarious in my youth and wonder if he, too, will be less than I remember him as most things in this land.

[ OOC: If anyone wants to spar when this starts rolling, I’m totally open for it! Just shoot me a message. ]

in every heart a hole
Image Credit

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
d’Artagnan always appeared to look the same these days; haggard with a gaze lost somewhere in the abyss. The Basin was increasingly becoming something strange and different, making him uneasy in a home that once made him feel calm and… well… at ease. The concoction of age and grievous loss had landed him in no mans land with little to fight for and much less to gain. He was the cracked statue of a time that was beginning to slip into memory. His sons and daughters were free of their family to roam as they please, with the adventure d’Artagnan had once wanted for himself, a past from many years ago before the loose screw unhinged his sanity. It was odd. Through the grief and loneliness one would think the red would fall deeper into the madness chasm, but instead the shade’s grip on reality became firmer and with it brought more sadness. In the end, the General preferred the cracked world that distorted everything into a perfect view. He’d rather live in his obscure made up world than this woeful reality.

Still, there was little he could do about it and he simply went about his business, trying to find reason and belief under a new title. Although the grumpiness to his face still remained flawlessly untouched. He knew if his misery continued like this then his days would soon be numbered.

He meandered here and there, checking on the statue and the defences, wandering past caves with mournful looks and thinking of his poisons back in his own. Eventually he made his way to the lake to meet with Ashamin, the Basin’s new Haruspex.

d’Artagnan’s overall performance with the God worshipers had been poor to say the least, although he had rather liked Zikar-Sin and his interesting views upon life. It didn’t help either that the red wasn’t in the slightest bit interested in the Time God, deciding his experiences with the Moon was enough God trouble as it was and that wasn’t including his pact with the Earth over poisoning others. Still, the shade hadn’t seen the elderly Earth for that long he wondered if the agreement still stood, even d’Artagnan wasn’t sure if he’d killed the same amount of horses that he’d healed, yet he wasn’t going to remind the dear old turtle.

Aramis jogged along in front until eventually they both found a gathering of interesting characters and the shade was glad to see the two he had called for already there. d’Artagnan nonchalantly made his way into the meeting to stand beside Ashamin, eying the lion tailed male curiously and the interesting mark that burned up his neck. "Ashamin right? Nice outfit" he nodded to the sarong with his rough tones, that surely wasn't really an outfit, forever sounding half bored and the opposite of sincere. "d’Artagnan" he introduced, sharp and simple. His hellion hound fell to the back of the crowd and sat on his haunches, watching.

He recognized all but the purple marked mare, catching her name as Zandora though the chances of him remembering it were as slim as him waking up in a good mood. Caleb, the hybrid, it still made his stomach turn and his nose wrinkle. The disgusting feathers that sprouted so ugly from his sides, but every unipeg he saw these days reminded him of Mesec and the guilt crept up his throat. The Haruspex had already covered the details really, a demonstration of physical ability and mental agility in hopes that they may find something useful in it. "A demonstration would be useful…" he paused, looking to each in turn before continuing "feel free to spar amongst yourselves as well, there’s only so much being a sideliner can teach you."

He cast around, looking for an open space and began edging towards it, motioning Aramis who then jogged into position with him. "Soldiers must win their fights to protect their own, you must also be able to work as a unit, but for now we’ll start with basic one on one" he said, looking to Ashamin to see if he had anything to add before starting.

"In order to win sometimes you have to lose first, the more you lose the more you learn and then, eventually, the winning gets easier" he felt like some glorified hero out of a legend, but hopefully it would suffice. The red didn’t much like explaining and he felt it didn’t really need much explaining. "If it doesn't quit being a soldier, I'm sure there's plenty of places in arts and crafts, wouldn't you agree Rikyn?" he chuckled along to himself, winking at the son of crafting royalty; the lost Lady Illynx and gearhead Ulrik.

The red looked to Ashamin finally and his dainty looking creature curled up in his cloth "anything you're scared of, Haruspex?" he asked oddly and curiously.

FINALLY! Sorry that took so long :| uhrm so Jen has pretty much outlined whats happening here, so feel free to watch or spar amongst yourselves. :D

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!