[PRIVATE] Just one beat of your heart
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia
locked inside a holy war

The world was bathed in red, even more so than when the rise of her temper gripped her mind. She blinked roughly, trying to get her own blood and water from her eyes. Long, white lashes were stained with it, and the underside of her eyes were leaking still, her fur taking on a nearly pinkish hue of stripes. She snorted, tasting the copper flavor coat the back of her throat and the inside of her nose, finding the familiarity and the tickle on her memories far too tempting for comfort. Tears mixed with her blood, flushing her eyes finally, and she took a deep breath.

Everything cleared, and she gazed upon the battle field she had only experienced with her other senses. But, she wanted none of that.

No.

Time.

Trees, red despite the season, rustled above, and the chill of the northern climate was a welcome reminder of where they were, deep in the mountains. Even the ground seemed to be tinted in sanguine saturation, the humming of the falls a subtle white noise in the back drop of their walk. Tinek had long since flown away, his sweet and quirky presence gone and their bond quiet, leaving her to the pleasure of her company and the isolation of her thoughts. Rich earth scents were diffused by the cool breeze and waters, and her cloven hooves sank into a bed of pine-needles and leaves.

When inhibitions and tangles of the past were shoved aside in the passion of adrenalin, she had felt nothing besides the desire for Torleik to be all right – for him to be safe. Hidden within that need was a fear of him dying, a gut-wrenching agony of a future without his dark, handsome face. He was her hearth in the winter, a lightning kissed fire in the avalanche of her soul, and she was beginning to trust that warmth and need it for comfort. How long had she been so cold? How many years had passed wandering the wasteland in search of light to find the true desire were two blue eyes and a crooked smile?

The realization came slowly, as they usually did for Ophelia. But now, she was facing it head on, so close that even her self deprecation could not shadow the truth.

Love.

That was what this was.

This feeling of need and desire. Of tenderness and pride. Of never wanting to sleep at another’s side or share another’s breath. Of knowing that they would leave with half of your soul if they turned and walked away.

It was scary as hell,

But it was worth everything.

Ophelia stopped, breaking their shared silence and looking up, beyond the braided beard and scars to the expression, blue lights beneath dark hoods. The emotion in her chest was crushing, too great for words and too much to handle. “I love you,” she whispered finally, those three words barely a hint of what lay beneath.  She meant them deeper than any language could express and with more meaning, too complex for thought beyond eternity.

The ice holding the fragments of her broken heart dripped beneath his sun, exposing the damage leftover from her traumatic life.

They were his. All of it… his. 

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

playlist: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlLKVi8H8ac
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W97JLBc7C8k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FOBxcluXdk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaNcIXynOx8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_93IbHtE2is

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod

Torleik

The sweetest of all sounds is that of the voice of the woman we love

The battle was over, the participants dispersed. Too many for his tastes had crossed the line and turned their backs on their fellow Helovians. Many he didn't know, a few he did. Aurelia - the same Aurelia who had petitioned for entrance into the World's Edge, but to his knowledge had yet to take hold of it - had chosen the demon god and set fire to her former allies. Unacceptable. She was no longer welcome in his home. Alysanne was right to be suspicious, and Torleik cursed his desire to be fair and open to all. It would inevitably bite him in the ass but he'd hoped not so soon. Pushing such political-minded thoughts aside, he winced as he drew nearer to Ophelia, both of them lingering far after everyone else had left. His left shoulder ached from the blow of the demon bear deity, but the pain was more than worth it. 

He had taken a swipe meant for the one he held dear and protected her from the damage. Such pain would always be more than worth it and not a single complaint would slide past his lips for his discomfort. When his path was complete, and his rightful place at Ophelia's side taken, his heart ached at the tears he saw slipping down her beautiful face. Mingling with blood, his first instinct was to believe she was hurt - and it was likely true - but he knew that if she were hurt badly she would not hide it from him. The Bloodskald had seen her at one of her lowest points, defeated by Mauja and the spine of her will broken; wounds after a glorious battle would not shame her into hiding. She said nothing so he followed suit, letting the silence permeate between them. 

Her aura was conflicted, churning, and Torleik wondered what thoughts galloped through that ever-flawless mind palace of hers. What kind of room did he have? Was there room for expansion, or were the rooms meant for one thing and one thing only and nothing ever overflowed? His own slipped back mere blinks in time compared to the existence of the entire universe, wondering still at the Time God's order for the white and crimson mare to erase the demon god's memories. Since when could Ophelia do that? And to a god? Could she do it to their Helovian gods? A sigh escaped his scarred lips as he looked around this place, seeing blood everywhere. This land had been ripped from somewhere else - would it ever heal or would it always be a chronic, sanguineous reminder of the violence that brought it here? The warrior didn't know. 

The pool of red had stones within it, he realized, and this reminded him of the pond - small lake, whatever one would classify it as - in the Deep Forest. Torleik wondered if the two might be related, if that was why the Deep Forest was so...strange, sometimes. Eyes drawing up from the red water to the red-leaf-blocked sky, his mind wandered to both Irelyn and Tinek, whom she'd flown off with some time ago, glad that both companions had come through the battle unscathed. Movement at his side drew his attention back down to earth, to the woman next to him, and he patiently, curiously held her seemingly inspecting gaze while she worked out whatever it was that churned in her head. 

He did not expect her to speak. 

He did not expect her to say anything at all, let alone the three words that drew the entire scope of his world down into one, tiny moment that held the emotional vastness of a thousand galaxies. 

"I love you," whispered with planetary force, crushing him where he stood. Torleik felt as though he were drowning, he couldn't breathe, but oxygen wouldn't help him here. Heterochromatic eyes were boring into his, looking right through him to his very soul, laying every virtue and vice bare. She loved him? But he wasn't worthy. He wasn't good enough. The man before her was broken and irreversibly flawed, a vile nothing in comparison to her pristine and unblemished perfection. Still, was this not what he'd longed for more than anything else? Torleik coveted her heart more than he'd desired anything in his life and he jealously guarded it with sharp words and the ever-present undertone of violence should others not heed his claim: was this not the culmination of his patience, of his battle, of his lust

The Bloodskald could not silence the doubts in his mind, the doubts borne of his own self-loathing and internal reproach. Why? Why did she love him? Why now? Would she love him always? Could she? With the doubt came a measure of triumph that managed to jockey for greater position in his shell-shocked mind. 

She loved him. 

Not Mauja. 

Not the God of Time. 

She loved him.

Fierce, possessive joy burned its way through everything else, overwhelming him. His skin twitched with unbridled emotion and he snorted roughly, snatching her to him in an embrace that unequal parts loving and desperate. Torleik needed to smell all of her, feel all of her, taste all of her. 

Have all of her. 

The bruised Bloodskald's lips skittered over her skin, nipping, touching, needing, his tail swishing with the vibrancy of the urge inside him. "I love you more than anything," he rumbled in return, "and I will never let you go."

"talk talk talk"

@Ophelia
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia
your love and my due diligence, the only things worth fighting for

She was not actively peering into his head at this moment, afraid of rejection that would send waterfalls of ice crumbling to the base of her heart. If he were to deny her this moment and walk away, she would be broken, far more than she was even now, and that was not a foe she could face head on. But, if she had heard his thoughts, she would have scoffed. He was not good enough? He was broken? If anything, those questions should be reversed. Her heart had been torn, everything she loved with the exception of a few had died (most gruesomely). And she was not innocent, not in a few ways. She bore a child, though with no memory of the occurrence, but that was not exactly what she had in mind…

The crimson on her body, the duality of her eyes and eerie air of mystery was deep within her blood. Riekahn, the Crimson King of Dorngarrow was her grandsire, and the red carried through his bloodline like a disease. None were pure from his wrath, and the thousands dead by his and his children’s hooves would haunt them for generations more. She was born by violence, into violence, and like any child of the darkness, she was inherently flawed. Her memories thick with detail and rich in clarity, haunted her every waking moment, and thus forgiveness would forever be a challenge.

How could you forgive when the pain you felt in that moment lingered? When even a year from now, it felt like yesterday?

She couldn’t forget.

Her loyalties were few, and now that she was part of the World’s Edge, she had officially served every herd in Helovia. She had been a spy in most, knew more secrets, perhaps, than any other being here. Ophelia had been at the root of nearly every war, and if not herself, then her father. In every way, she was flawed, a wretched creature of vengeance and heresy, Forsaken by the gods then love once more, and yet he thought he was not good enough? That he even looked her way was a miracle, and that she didn’t turn him away with her awkward words and isolating habits was even more so.

All of these doubts and scars raced through her mind as she waited for his response, feeling anticipation crawl over her skin like thousands of eager ants. Even her heart beat thrummed heavily, holding her breath and praying for affection in return.

Instead of words, his thick neck wrapped around her, yanking her off balance and into his thick, muscular frame, and she chuckled. Finding her footing again, she rested her face against his neck, heart full to the brim with his perfect reply. He was right, after all. There were no words in that moment that would have given her soul such joy, and she inhaled his masculine scent, burying her face in his braids.

Ophelia hissed in a playful breath as his whiskered lips traced over her skin, and she grimaced, flinching from his affectionate nips. She laughed softly, the sound gentle as chimes in a summer breeze. His deep voice rumbled, weight leaden on his affectionate words, so she closed her eyes to feel him talk, words vibrating through his skin and into her very heart. She let her muzzle fall along the path of his shoulder, stepping into him more to nibble at the base of his withers, scratching there gently. Ophelia was unsure of his physical desires, considering she was woefully ignorant of any memories involving the God of Time.

His scent changed – something musky and mind numbing which she found dangerously attractive. Though she lacked most instincts, her mind having more room for memories, her body seemed to have a modicum of wisdom regarding natural inclinations. Crimson dipped strands of her white tail swished languidly around her haunches, neck arching and lifting in elegant, regal pride so rare for this shy and hiding spy. In fact, she was almost being coy, though she would deny it if anyone rumored her actions. Ophelia even smirked, blinking long, white lashes as she bit him, perhaps a little harder than necessary, along his back. 

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod

"Where worlds collide, blood divides
When darkness falls, fate calls"

Her chuckle was a sweet sound to his weary ears and his body sang in kind when hers relaxed against his form, pressing closer to him than he could achieve alone. Every noise, every response was bright and beautiful like fireworks in a darkened sky - no action too subtle, no sound too soft. Torleik's lips wandered, exploring, and he smiled at her hissed breath, knowing he was doing something worthwhile if it elicited such a response. 

Ophelia's body pressed even more firmly against him and her lips found his withers, nibbling, drawing forth a pleased rumble from deep within his throat at the touch. The idea that she didn't know exactly where this was going was foreign to him. He was inexperienced himself, but he understood what was happening, understood the signals her body was giving him, telling him despite anything she might do or say that she instinctively desired him. The motion of her tail swishing around her haunches caught his gaze and in an action that felt beyond him, Torleik felt himself snort loudly as he smashed a hoof down on the ground. 

Standing still was becoming maddening. All he could see or smell or feel was her and though it was everything he wanted, it was drawing him into an inescapable vortex of blinding desire. Could he control himself if she needed him to? The Bloodskald didn't know, and it frightened him. But looking at her, there in that moment, neck arched, tail swishing...she was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen. The pain of her bite skittered up his spine to his brain, shocking him back to a slightly more focused state, and his eyes narrowed as his tail snapped in a violent swish. "Careful now..." he rumbled, words descending into a low whicker as he circled around her side with prancing steps. 

The world was closing around her, leaving Ophelia as the only thing he could register. That was fine by Torleik's desire-drunk mind and he wished nothing more than to feel the heat of her as close to him as he could. Perhaps she would enjoy it. Perhaps she would bear his child. The last one seemed almost an errant thought, one he'd never before entertained, but even such a consideration as that couldn't frighten him enough to take him out of the moment. 

She would be his, here, now

Forever. Always.  

Coding by Tamme with credits to Sevin | Art by Yewrezz

@Ophelia
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!
Ascended Helovian

"Where worlds collide, blood divides
When darkness falls, fate calls"
Deeper thoughts soon gave way to the present, leaving the past behind in her memories for once. She flashed her tail and was surprised by his response. He snorted and stomped a hoof sternly, almost as if he was chastising a child or impatiently awaiting some demand. A single brow raised over her blue eye, finding that she rather liked his aggressive retaliation. He was a challenge, an accomplishment, and that just worked in her mind and made her want even more.

She wanted this. She wanted fast and slow, power and desire. His deep, settled groan was appealing, setting her insides fluttering, but she couldn't help herself- not really. She bit his shoulder, enjoying the narrowed gaze she earned and the bold stance he took. For such a large frame, he moved so gracefully, fluff on his massive hooves billowing as he took to showing off. Ophelia smiled. "But I don't want to be careful..." she murmured.

Phi stepped into his space, the whole world falling away as she inhaled his musky scent. The anxiety of possibly bearing another child disappeared as she knew that Torleik would be around to help and would love it unconditionally. She would not be left alone with a choice that wasn't hers, not this time. This time, she was choosing. This time, she wanted every consequence and was ready and prepared to face them head on. Torleik was at her side to face them with her, so she couldn't lose. She couldn't fail.

She walked up to his side, rubbing her hide against his as she ran her mousy lips along his jaw. This was what she wanted now, whatever and what all it entailed. She wanted it with him.

Coding by Tamme with credits to Sevin | Art by Yewrezz

@Torleik