the Rift

[PRIVATE] cocaine heart

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
OOC: As this is set post-bear I figured I should edit and include the boils! 'Hair of the dog that bit you' = Vol has eaten some of the plants that he remembers touching during the fight, and mushes some into a poultice and puts it on some of his boils.

@Random Event

He returns to the scene of the bear's demise, to the land where the great beast's blood now mingles with the eerie crimson falls. The colossus feels drawn to this place now, and has already gleefully spilled his scent across a number of the red-leaved trees dotted around. Mine, mine, mine. Each time he thinks of the fight, he feels warmth spread through his entire body, and the temptation to do as Ode did is most certainly present in the weight between his thighs. He had felled a bear, a God; he had knocked its leg out from under it and brought it crashing to the ground for the others to finish off. The heavy bruise on his left side where the falling carcass hit him throbs, but he cares little - he only wishes it was a cut, so that time would not fade it and he would always have a memento of the fight.

Because, annoyingly, he had not received anything for his efforts. Other, inferior horses who had done far less than he to save Helovia had been given bits of the bear's carcass for themselves - Volterra, who had played a massive part in the beast's demise, got nothing. Irritation flashes across his harsh features, but he supposes he does have his memories of the battle to do with as he will. Let the other Helovians run around with their unearned gifts; he will forever have the satisfaction of knowing he is a Godslayer.

The boils that have erupted across his body do not count as mementos; they are an annoyance, a blight. Each time they pop, the behemoth has to grit his teeth against the pain, but a new one always emerges where the last one died. He has tried everything - getting his dragon to freeze them off with his icy breath, bathing them in water...but nothing works. The only thing he can think to do is return to the land where he's assuming they've come from. He remembers touching several new plants during the battle, and can only assume that they are the cause of his discomfort. He drags several leaves from some of the plants he definitely touched, and swallows them down, grimacing. Using his hoof and some water from the falls, he grinds more leaves into a soggy poultice, and has Vérzés apply it to a couple of his boils. Not all of them, just in case it makes them worse, but enough to see if it has an effect.

The bloodstains are still livid against the grass, and the behemoth smirks down at them once he's done with his makeshift healing. His sore side pulsates with morbid glee as memories flood him, and he allows his massive weight to shift and lean against a nearby tree as his eyes flutter blissfully shut, thinking that perhaps a nice rest will speed up the healing process of his boils. He bends one hindleg to relax it, and allows each muscle in his body to slip into relaxation. Everything - everything - loosens and hangs free as he lapses into a doze, falling into his memories and embracing them like an old friend. He dreams of his hooves crunching into bear-flesh, God-flesh, of blood spewing from gaping wounds, of crystals shattering beneath his power. Vérzés, sharing his bonded's dreams, hisses in delight from his perch in a nearby tree, his tail twining around a branch and constricting it as though it is the throat of an enemy. ""

YOU'VE GOT THE WORLD ON ITS KNEES, YOU'RE TAKING ALL THAT YOU PLEASE
YOU'RE LIKE THE BURDEN WE BEAR, YOU'RE ALL THE HATE THAT WE SHARE

@Ranjiri

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
The boils do not respond to this attempt of a cure.

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

give me hope in the darkness
so that I will see the light

My skin hurt.

Each step I took pulled at the sores that dotted my skin, a rash that refused to heal and just continued to bubble up and pop and ooze blood and other nastiness down my coat. My legs, my chest, my back and neck ... the only place that the sores hadn't popped up yet was my face and I guessed that was only a small miracle. But I wanted to rub against the trees to scratch at them even though they hurt. I wanted to bite and rip my skin off for any kind of relief and it took every ounce of will power that I had not to.

The sores kept my mind off of my wing, though. It still hurt but not nearly as much as my skin did. I had this single-minded goal of figuring out where I had gotten this nasty infection from and what I could do to get rid of it. I wondered if it was contagious and if I could spread it to anyone else. That alone made me not want to linger in the Throat. I really didn't want to get the whole herd sick and ... I couldn't imagine the way sand would feel in open sores that refused to heal.

I ended up back on the battlefield where we had fought against the bear, the battle still evident from his dried blood on the grass. And ... this place, that bear was the only strange place I had been and thing I had seen before the sores came. So.... it had to be from that, right? I remembered others getting burned from his blood and it kinda clicked in my head. That damn bear that the Time God brought back had gotten us all sick. Hadn't ... hadn't it had sores on it?

I groaned my frustration as I walked and looked at the bloodstained grass. "Stupid bear. Stupid Time God. Stupid everything." I'm not sure what made me do it and I probably won't ever understand but I stopped and ripped a chunk of that bloody grass out of the ground and chewed it as I walked away. I was still chewing the gross grass when I happened upon someone else resting against the trees and the only thing I noticed was that he had sores, too. I swallowed the grass I was chewing and frowned. "You too?"

"."

Image Credit

@Random Event @Volterra

aud pixel!

Helovian Ancient

Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
@Random Event @Ranjiri

He finds the bear god's carcass and rolls on the remaining hairs, and eats some too because why not.

His boils throb, disturbing his sleep. His eyes snap open and he releases a disgusted whinny, rubbing one boil-ridden shoulder against a nearby tree to try and soothe the damnable itching. Unable to relax, he tenses again, recoiling everything that had hung free during his attempt to sleep. Just in time, too; a woman approaches, one he recognises from the fight, plagued with the same pustules as him. Although the thought of a mare finding him in all his glory is a rather arousing thought, it would not be a good time today, when he is too agitated and boil-ridden to be able to appreciate any possible effects. She is a hybrid of pegasus and unicorn, with gold-tinted wings, and is nursing a mouthful of bloody grass. His ears perk, and he hums under his breath. I wonder...

You too? The beast snorts, a cold and decidedly unamused noise. "Unfortunately, yes. The thanks we get for ridding Helovia of some bastard bear, eh?" He's sure the God he had helped save could clear up this little infection in the blink of an eye, but no - he'd left his minions to suffer. It is safe to say that the giant colt is somewhat disillusioned with these Gods at the moment, although he is sure it will pass. After all, they can grant him magic, so he can't hate them that much. "My name is Volterra." His masculine rumble of a voice is neutral-sounding as he slaps his flanks with his tail, the whipcords at the end thwacking against one of the juiciest boils and momentarily replacing the itching with a sting.

"The bear had sores similar to these boils. I touched his fur, did you? Perhaps that's where we've caught it from." The mare had tried eating blood-soaked grass, but perhaps the cure lies in the creature's pelt? Quite literally, hair of the dog.  Immediately the giant begins to lumber towards the smouldering remnants of bear that haven't yet been pecked clean by carrion birds; most of the important pieces have gone, but there's still a handful of hairs and flesh left dotted across the ground. With a resigned rumble, the beast lowers himself to his knees then tumbles to his side, rolling his back and sides across the hairy ground. They stick to his sweaty body and hang off the boils like splinters, and when the giant returns to his hooves he bites a few off his flanks and swallows them, shuddering with disgust. Right now, he's willing to try anything to cure this disease.

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]

Helovian Ancient

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

give me hope in the darkness
so that I will see the light

My skin still hurt.

I had hoped that eating that disgusting bloody grass would do something to help it didn't do anything to make the sores stop hurting. It was frustrating to the point where I felt like I could just stand there and cry like a fool in the middle of some strange land, in front of some stallion that was just as strange. I managed to hold it together and nod at the stallion as he voiced his own frustration about the thanks we got for killing the bear. "Yeah." I finally voiced my agreement but then he was introducing himself as Volterra. "Ranjiri." I said in return.

"The bear had sores similar to these boils. I touched his fur, did you? Perhaps that's where we've caught it from."

I nodded again. "I stabbed him..." I said, my gut twisting as it kinda slapped me in the face that I had stabbed something. I had helped kill something. It may have been a corrupt god from another land that I knew nothing about, but I had still helped take a life. And I had tried to attack the mare that attacked me.

I stepped to the side as Volterra moved forward, I watched him for a second or two, then I followed after him. It was pretty disgusting to stand there and watch him roll around in the bear's carcass. (Was it wrong for me to think it disrespectful that the body had just been left there to rot?) I didn't bother to hide the disgusted look on my face as I watched the display and I felt my stomach churn when he bit at some of the hide. I knew I wasn't much better eating the bloody grass in hopes that it would have some magical cure, but ... I don't know. Rolling around in a rotting body seemed much worse.

Still, I couldn't help but ask. "Is it helping?"

"."

Image Credit

@Volterra

aud pixel!

The attempt is ineffective, and the beast's boils throb as much as ever. He flattens his ears and bares his teeth irritably, rapidly running out of things to try. The mare introduces herself as Ranjiri, and comments that she helped stab the bear. He smirks. "Nice. I crippled its leg." The memory makes him momentarily forget the boils and swell with pride. In the tree above, his dragon huffs a cloud of frost, still bitter he had missed out on the best of the fight. He had been ordered to guard Erthe and Isopia, and he still hadn't forgiven Volterra for it. He shares his bonded's thirst for blood and combat, and missing out on slaying a God had pained him.

The leviathan doesn't miss the disgusted look on her face as he finishes his roll, and his gaze narrows at her as he assumes she does not like seeing a body used in such a way. "He's dead. I don't think he's going to object about what we do to his carcass." After all, the Time God himself had handed out bits of corpse like sweets at a children's party. Corpses are corpses; they cannot object to what happens to them. Envy rises in the titan as he thinks of the horses walking around with bits of bear as a prize.

Ranjiri asks if it worked, and he shakes his colossal head with a sour grunt, slamming one giant hindhoof down onto the ground. "Not in the slightest. Have you tried anything?" Maybe she could have some big brainwave and cure them all from this blight. Or perhaps she is as in the dark as Volterra. He racks his brains, but cannot think of anything else to try. Will he be cursed to look like a spotty teenager for eternity? The thought is not one he cares to hang onto for too long.

@Ranjiri