the Rift

[OPEN] We Don't Have to Pretend

Eden Posts: 56
Absent Abyss atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 7
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy

e d e n
if you were to leave, fulfill someone else's dreams, I think I might be totally lost

The meadow felt alive, birds chirping and violet thistles waving in the wind. It was even serene despite it's energy. Eden, however, lacked such exuberance. The travel from the Basin wasn't exactly the easiest. Her muscles didn't necessarily ache, but she certainly felt lethargic. She crossed the meadow to the river, taking a few sips before examining her surroundings.
It was a strange feeling she got then. She was glad to not see anyone, but at the same time she was disappointed. She began to think she just wanted to see specific people. She wasn't sure who she wanted to see, though - her family perhaps? One of her acquaintances? Or maybe she was just yearning for closeness, not just an encounter.
Eden sighed, returning her focus on the river before her. It had refreshed her, any feelings of lethargy were gone. She gazed at her reflection for a moment, observing how light her coat had gotten seen she had last looked at it. She wasn't exactly sure what to think about that. She was growing up, that was for sure. Her parents had been completely white when she was born. She didn't want to be like them, outsiders, deserters. Her coat being reminiscent of them made her sick. She loved and missed them, but she didn't want to be like them.
The pale mare huffed, striking her hoof down in the water, watching it blur and distort itself. The water felt surprisingly good. A smile slipped onto Eden's lips, taking one last look around before jumping into the water. Her lower half was drenched, but it was great. She splashed and splashed, feeling more free than ever. She hadn't felt such freedom since she was a filly, and it was glorious. 

@Najya @Caleb

[Image: 55e3948091bdb]
please tag eden in all posts

Caleb Posts: 135
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1hh :: 4yo :: Orangmoon HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Henrietta :: Weimaraner :: None baylee

Henrietta moves towards the frolicking mare, deciding that she was definitely joining in on the fun. The pup was not going to miss the opportunity to splash around. She recognized the mare as Eden and sent Caleb a mental image of the mare playing in the water while also wondering if the mare recognized her. Caleb, whom was lagging behind, rolled his eyes at the image, not totally caring that there was a mare in water, nor caring that Henrietta wanted to join, but still slightly interested that Eden is pictured. The hound could do whatever she wanted, though, and Caleb would not permit her from playing. Henrietta, excited to play, lunged into the water, hardly delicate about it either. After thoroughly drenching herself, she shakes her body, sending water droplets everywhere. Then she turns to Eden and wags her tail, excited to play with her new playmate. Barking playfully, she waits to see what Eden is doing, but only for a second before she splashes around again.

When Caleb finally arrives, Henrietta is pretty much jumping circles around Eden, throwing water with each excited leap. She is too engorged in her playing to notice her brooding master's quiet approach, moving at a slow, precise walk, as if one misplaced hoof will cause world disaster. His feathered tail sways behind him, brushing up small clouds of dust that vanish quickly, riding the Birdsong breeze. His steel eyes land on Eden as he grows nearer, pleased to see the mare once again.

A tenor neigh leaves his lips as a gentle greeting as he draws near to the ivory bodiced mare. He halts in front of the mare and cocks his head. Silver eyes drop to Henrietta, who just now notices him. Her eyes grow wide for a moment, wondering why he decided to watch the fun. His gaze fixes on Eden once more and a friendly smile graces his lips. "Enjoying the river, are we?" He comments, one ear flicking back and the other staying pricked forwards. As his head straightens, he reaches his snout outwards, searching for Eden's own tapered muzzle for a quick nose-bump. His whiskered maw retreats after a lingering moment, at the same time a hind hoof rests on it's cloven tip.

His mind wanders to his home, to the Basin, where live two mares he has royally fucked up with. The thought of them is discouraging and makes him somewhat hesitant to even speak to another mare, Eden included. Henrietta, feeling his hesitant through their bond, barks loudly and begins writhing in the water like a snake, hoping to somewhat take Caleb's attention away from the Basin for now. He laughs at his hound, and it is the first time he has laughed in a long time. His deep chuckle hasn't been heard since before he even entered Helovia. The masculine sound rough, echoing slightly despite it not being a very loud laugh. The only one who could make him truly laugh, Henrietta. "She's quite playful today," he commented, icy gaze settling on Eden once again, smile still firmly in place.

"blah blah blah."

@Eden

Najya Posts: 90
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 7 (Tallsun) HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
A'mal :: Plain White Dragon :: Shock Breath Kiki

She had a destination now, even if she hadn't quite made it there yet.  That, in itself, lifted some of the weight from her shoulders.  She couldn't shake off the feeling of isolation when she first came to Helovia and was immediately faced with conflict.   But now that things had settled - now that she had found her place - she felt much more at ease.  She had a place to live now.  That, for now, was enough.  She wasn't going to make any other decisions or push herself any further until she got to her new home and had a chance to settle in.  Even though she had a rough idea about what she would like to do, she thought it might be smarter to set the bar a little lower this time - set goals she could actually meet instead of setting herself up for failure like she had previously.

She walked along the bank of the river without any sort of direction, just following the flow of the water. Living in the desert for a lifetime had taught her the value of a water source.  Water was everything to the desert-dwellers - more precious than the rarest of gems.  Perhaps that's why she hadn't strayed too far from the stream since finding herself in the vastness of the meadow.  That which was once so precious now calls to her.  

Finally, the temptation became overwhelming and she stepped off the bank and into the stream - following the current from the ankle-deep waters near the bank.  The feeling of the water around her ankles was surprisingly enjoyable.  She continued that way for awhile until she could see movement downstream - someone else had been called to the water.  The sight brought a smile to her lips.  

Before long, the stranger had company, and without realizing her pace had quickened.  By the time she's within earshot there are three - two equines and one canine - that had been drawn to the water.  Though one seemed less inclined to play as the pair who had made their way into the river.

"Seems like she isn't the only one feeling playful today," the little mare offered, with a smile.  "Perhaps there's something in the water," she added, conspiratorially. 

"Hope I'm not interrupting.  I'm Najya," she dipped her head, causing the gold disks between her ears to elicit a gentle tinkling sound.  

N A J Y A
Lines || Tags: @Eden @Caleb 

Please tag NAJYA in all replies. 
Force & magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
Thank you!
pixel base

prissy

e d e n
if you were to leave, fulfill someone else's dreams, I think I might be totally lost

Soft giggles escape Eden's lips, morphing into whinnies of glee when a familiar hound joined her. She recognized the dog immediately as Caleb's companion, Henrietta. It had been one of her first encounters with a companion, how could she forget such a sight?
Eden ducked her head down, then pulled it up, flinging water upon the hound. She followed the pup's spiraling, spinning around herself to see none other than Caleb. She was having too much fun with the pup to be embarrassed by the fact that she was drenched. Eden pleasantly returned his nicker, taking steps towards the stallion. "Enjoying the river, are we?" He stated, the pale mare giving him a smirk. 'Why aren't you?' she hesitated, choosing not to ask. He was reserved, he had always been so around her, but she was eager to get him out of his shell. She considered he could just be sad every time she had ever seen him, but she refused to believe this theory. He would talk about whatever was bothering if that was the case. She chose to stay silent instead, letting her smile do the work. 
She reciprocated his nose bump gesture, touching her pale nose to his rosy one. She almost regretted it, knowing she might've gotten a bit of the river water on him. Regardless, she was pleased to see Caleb again. He still owed her a good twenty four hours.
Eden watched him as he watched his bonded, chuckling at her playful antics. She noted that it was the only time she'd ever heard his laugh before. "She's quite playful today," Caleb observed. The pale mare gave him a nod, flicking her gaze to the hound. "As she should be," Eden remarked, her golden gaze traveling back to Caleb's. She opened her mouth to say more, but a unfamiliar face came upon them. A mare covered in chocolate and dipped in cream approached. 
"Seems like she isn't the only one feeling playful today," the stranger stated. Eden was admittedly relieved to see a new horse approach. Being alone around Caleb could be a bit...intense
"Hope I'm not interrupting.  I'm Najya." The mare dipped her head, Eden returned the gesture, noting the gold between the mare's ears. "It's fine. I'm Eden," She stated, "this is Caleb, and his bonded Henrietta. It's a pleasure to meet you."
Despite the mare's lack of a horn, she seemed well mannered, which was enough for Eden. 

Caleb Posts: 135
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1hh :: 4yo :: Orangmoon HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Henrietta :: Weimaraner :: None baylee

His smooth neigh is reciprocated in full. The mare turns to face him, a smirk playing her mahogany and ink lips, giving her a mischievous expression. When he moves to bump her nose, he is met by a water-slicked muzzle. He feels her breath mingle with his own, his nostrils flaring and quivering for a moment before he retreats completely. Standing there, watching his companion, a dark chuckle radiates up his throat, as he comments about Henrietta and her antics. The unicorn responds with a simple, "as she should be." Caleb had always known Henri to be playful. The dog would often times engage in games with strangers, heeding no attention to danger, searching only for giggles and memories. Perhaps the brooding hybrid should follow his companion's lead. Lighten up, make memories. Was letting his inner-self show through a way to fond memories? It was not, for the reason that his inner-self is a touch on the scary side. Caleb wore this cold guise to hide. When he lets himself feel, things can turn very bad, very quick.

Eden's lips hang open and both of Caleb's ears flick forwards, intent on hearing what she is saying. Words waft into his ebony ears, but they are not Eden's. Lids flutter as silver eyes focus on a mare. She wears the color bronze well, the small white spots breaking up the mule-red hues, offering a balanced overall color scheme. Caleb had to admit, he was fond of the spotting, a trait he had always found attractive. The tips of her ears lean inwards, hinting to her desert descent. Caleb had not seen a single Marwari in quite a while, and some part of him accepted them as an endangered breed, even if they weren't. She comments on the playfulness, then hints towards a facetious reasoning. The water may be infected. Caleb's gaze drops to the river that flows inches from his hooves. After fighting the Bear God and seeing the diseased Blood Falls, the idea that this river could also be infected was plausible. The beast kept to himself, not voicing this thought. He was sure it would not be appreciated by Eden who stands drenched, and Henrietta, whom is equally drenched.

The mare names herself as Najya. Her head dips respectfully, her metal adornments clinking together. Eden takes only a beat to reply, while Caleb stands still, his brain still somewhat on the topic of her breed. Feathered tail whips behind him as he refocuses on the conversation, nodding at Eden's words as she introduces herself and the brute to this mare. "Indeed," he begins, tenor voice radiating power. "it's always a pleasure to meet another Helovian." Cold gaze sweeps over Najya and he finds himself noting the peculiar gold markings and adornments, curious as to how they came to be. Where they random, or there for a specific reason? He also finds his gaze lingering on the adornments that decorate her bare brow.

He is aware he is the only one not to be in the water, his hooves still on dry land. Henrietta, whom had gone quiet to allow the conversation to continue with little interruption, moves closer to the bank, laying down on her belly, half in the water half out, with her butt still in the water and her head on dry land. "What drives your appearance at the river today?" He asks to no one in particular, offering this question so an awkward lull doesn't form. Not to mention, Caleb is rather curious of their answers. He finds himself here to relax, to get away from the snowy Aurora Basin and all the drama that unfolds within the sky-high mountains that shield the land.

"."

@Eden
@Najya

Najya Posts: 90
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 7 (Tallsun) HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
A'mal :: Plain White Dragon :: Shock Breath Kiki

"It's nice to meet all three of you."  Najya extended her tattooed foreleg and dipped her head - the formal greeting of her people.   A small smile flickered across her dark lips as she drew herself back up to her full height.  Her hazel eyes flickered between the unicorn mare and the large winged stallion.  

Interacting with species other than her own was a new experience for Najya, but it was a situation that she handled with grace.  Her homeland was inhabited only by equines like herself who varied only in color and stature.  She hadn't seen such a variety in equines - winged and horned and the like - until she had set foot here in Helovia.  She knew of the variations, of course.  She had a great appetite for knowledge and had committed not only her people's legends to memories, but also the stories of many other lands and cultures.  She was eager to learn more so welcomed the company of all creatures - be they have a set of wings, a horn, or anything else nature could come up with. 

"I find it hard to resist the river on a day like today.  Water was hard to come by where I come from.  I find I'm quite drawn to it now that I find myself in a place of excess,"  as she speaks, Najya absent-mindedly lifts a foreleg and drags it through the softly swirling water.  Water had always been a most precious resource.  Before coming here she had never seen so much water - and the ocean had rendered her speechless. 

"The desert has it's charms though, for those willing to brave the heat," she added, with a small laugh and another smile illuminating her features.  Though Najya had plans to join the desert-dwelling herd, she had yet to make her way to the south and still found herself marked outcast.  The title didn't bother her, but deep down she longed to have a herd once again.  The storyteller was nothing without a purpose to motive her - just a wanderer with a head full of stories.  It did, however, make her wonder…

"Where is it that you two - or three I should say…" she corrected, with a knowing nod to Henrietta, "Hail from?" she asked, her eyes switching between the two, genuinely curious as to what answers the question would produce. 

N A J Y A
Lines || Tags:

AHH I THOUGHT I POSTED THIS BEFORE LABOR DAY!
FULL PERMISSION TO BEAT ME. 
@Eden
@Caleb

Please tag NAJYA in all replies. 
Force & magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
Thank you!
pixel base

prissy

e d e n

The chocolate, vanilla splattered mare dipped her head and extended her leg in what Eden could only assume was a sign of respect. She wasn't exactly sure. It was puzzling, but Eden bowed her head as well, doing her best to reciprocate the gesture. It then became apparent to her that this mare was perhaps a bit more foreign than herself. Actually, Eden had never known a horse in this land that lacked either a horn or wings.

At this point, she began to get a bit more interested in the newcomer Najya. Being a scholar, Eden was eager to know all she could about not only Helovia's culture, but others, too. She was a sponge looking to soak up knowledge.

Eden inwardly cringed, her content expression faltering for only a moment. 'Note to self: talk to someone about how to make decent analogies,' she thought, flicking her attention back to Najya as the mare began to speak about water. Eden's head tilted slightly to one side, golden eyes widening as she listened to her. "If you don't mind me by asking, where is it that you come from?" Eden asked, a breeze chilling her soaking coat. Standing still wasn't helping that.

She shifted her weight from hoof to hoof, occasionally picking one up. She didn't exactly want to get out of the water, but she was admittedly chilly. The chill made her feel at home though. She listened attentively to Najya as she spoke of her own home. The desert. She wondered briefly what it was like in the desert as Najya talked about it. She had never been somewhere that was so hot. The frozen Basin was quite the opposite. She didn't think she could handle it, though.

Najya eventually asked the trio where they were from. Eden bit her lip, unsure of how to even answer. She wasn't really from anywhere. She was from nowhere, going nowhere. She was just...there.

"I suppose I'm from a forest...I was born in a no-mans land sort of area to a couple of outcasts. I know little of why we were there, or where are heritage lay. We were happy, so I never even thought about asking," Eden spoke, golden eyes falling from Najya's eyes to her hooves. Her tone was wistful, though she was uncertain if she actually felt regret. Those days had been over far too long for her to feel alright with being sorrowful about them.

wow that took me 3000 years. I'm so sorry @Caleb ;-;