the Rift

[PRIVATE] A Blue Light in the Darkness

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy
Mortuus Nox
Your fears have just become all too real

He was alone yet again in some odd field, but he was breaking down the secrets of the past, he could not hold it in much longer. It was eating away a him and Nox vulnerable to anything as he laid in the soft flowing grass of the field. His large thick pillars were tucked under his large onyx body and this large crowned skull laid flat on the ground. He was happy to be alone resting on the breakdown, for it had been a long time since this has happen to him, but that just made the depression worse. He already was depressed most of the time, but sometimes the depression is so bad that he feels the need to no longer live. He sometimes wishes that he was no longer forced to walk this earth. Nox would wish that his soul was not already trapped in hell and he could somehow just end it all, and never have to look at this earth again. A sigh left his mouth blowing the grass away from his nose to just quickly snap back into its place. His gray eyes just looked ahead not moving from their spot, he was content to sit in this very spot until all time ends, but he knew that it would not be long till he had the company of someone else. His tail flicked back and fourth on the ground filling it with strands of broken grass that could not hold on to their roots any longer.

Out of all the times why would this strike him down now. He had n motivation and felt the need to do nothing, this was a very severe depression that he had worked himself into, but in reality Could any other creature hold on to this past as well as he has without being totally mentally insane. His long mane laid next to him in the soft grass as he remained laying upright. This really was a very odd sight of him because he rarely lays down anyways, but to do it in the middle of s field in unheard of for Nox. He was a solitude creature that even when he was vulnerable he was hiding in the deepest corner of the woods never to be seen by eyes of another equine. He wanted to be alone in this time, he was worried if eyes of another creature saw this beast they might take advantage of this opportunity. Nox would never go down with out a fight, but he was not mentally all there right now, and that thought still lingered in the back of his head. How could this breakdown affect his so bad, he just could not understand this one simple fact. Every time he would try to get himself together it never worked, he was a helpless zombie unable to think for himself or even stand by himself.

The birds flew above his large crown almost mocking the stag for being so weak at this moment, but he couldn't even find the strength to raise his head off the ground. He felt like a helpless colt once again waiting for its mother to come protect it from the dangers of the outside world, but there was no mother coming to protect this grown stag. He let another sigh release from his mouth as he rolled his eyes, praying this mental breakdown would just go all away. His ears flicked back remaining in the same spot and they laid pinned to his skull listening for anything to come creeping up behind him.. Waiting for the monster in the woods to eat his soul.          

"Talk"

OOC:: sorry it took so long!! but i told you i would make it i cant wait to play with her again! I absolutely adore her :)) 

/div>
Image Credits!

@Tiamat

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
Tiamat
like the ocean kissed the sky

For the first time in a long while, it had not been with a spring in her step and an exuberance in her eyes that Tiamat had departed from the Basin’s borders. After the battle at Blood Falls, she had returned to its snowy peaks, eager for the familiarity and the comfort of her home—safe and secured away from the violence that had raged around her. The ocean mare still shudders from the ferocity that she had witnessed—the hate and the cry for punishment—leaving her to care for those who had been the poor victims of such needless fury. She doesn’t mind healing, she will always be there for the wounded, but not like that (please, never like that).

Put on edge from her worries, the young mare had found herself travelling upwards—climbing the path to that heavenly field where she might be closest to her mother. Now, in her moment of unease, Tiamat needs her more than ever. “Mama,” she cries breathlessly when she has crested the mountain’s peak, standing above her sister clouds with her face turned upwards, reaching, “how long must it go on?” She closes her eyes, fighting against the sorrow that suddenly swells within her breast. Tiamat knows she must press on as she always has: with hope. Hope that the future will be brighter, that goodness will reign, and that violence will crumble without its cause.

That future gives her strength.

Exhaling a steady breath, Tiamat lowers her eyes back to the earth. Glancing idly around, there is a shadow in the distance that catches her attention. Dainty ears tip forward and her head tilts in curiosity, the tender skin around her nostrils quivering as she inhales the figure’s scent. She does not shy away as others might—as wiser people might, wary of the world and all its cruelties—but so tired is she from all the violence and the hate that she has witnessed, that there is hardly hesitation in her eagerness to explore this new stranger. And much to her good fortune, the shadowy figure turns out to be no stranger at all.

Recognizing the scent of one of her dear friends, the ocean mare brightens, tossing her head blithely and skipping into a half-rear before bounding spiritedly towards the black stallion. The beats of her cloven hooves are muted by the moist grasses, but Tiamat releases a joyful whinny to alert him of her approach (such caution is contributed to her enthusiasm, rather than the instinct of combat) before she gathers her muscles beneath her and launches herself over his resting frame. The chilled wind dances through her hair, thick blue locks billowing about her features as she comes to a nimble landing, and then allows herself to continue her momentum and tumble down into the grasses not far from where he lies.

Her delighted laughter pealing like the pattering of rain into the fresh air, the young unicorn glances over to the stallion. “I hadn’t expected to find you here, Nox,” her white eyes are glistening beneath the light of the sun, looking at him with a euphoria that could never understand the weight of hopelessness that is haunting him now. She is innocent and naïve, blissfully oblivious to the pains he has borne. “This is a wonderful place to rest though, I don’t blame you,” Tiamat nestles into the flowering meadow with a gleeful smile softening her lips, her chest expanding as she inhales the sweetness of spring.

notes; I figured this is set roughly in between the Blood Falls battle and the Green Labyrinth battle? I'm okay with anything though!
“Speech.”
image credits | @Mortuus Nox
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Dressy
Mortuus Nox
Nox hears something creeping in the woods as he lays in a deep depression. A sigh left his mouth waiting for the monster to come take his soul to hell. At this point he was ready for it all to be over, he was wishing it was someone that could end his life right then and there. He listened and heard a call come from its mouth, that is when he realized that is was Tiamat. He wanted to smile, but he could not let that emotion show through his stone dead face. He laid as he heard the blue mare running up to him with great excitement. His soul would not let any ounce of joy out as he pinned his ears briefly feeling the soft air over his body from the blue mare flying over him like a bird in the spring sky. He watched her land with grace and beauty as she rolled in the soft grass next to him. Her blue mane and tail laid like blue grass in a country field. She really was a beautiful warming creature that Nox had taken a great liking to, but right now was not a very good time for her to visit him.

His state of mind was not the best but she laid next to him naive and young at heart showing how beautiful he personality really was. His pain came from deep within as he looked into her pale eyes with pain and suffering peering through the cold mask of the gray, blank, stone like eyes. He wanted to smile, but instead all he could do is reach out and touch her. Her body radiated warmth and love, he could feel how loving this mare was, but all he could enjoy was the sweet smell and the softness of her coat on his muzzle. Nox on the other hand felt like no warmth he was cold, almost like he had been dead. His body released all its heat and even the warmth of the sun could not replace it. His muzzle remained on her as a small tear began to trickle down his massive cheeks. "Tiamat I have done some bad things.... I am bound for hell, my soul has already been reaped and I feel like my body walks this earth empty as a punishment. The Devil is laughing at me, he knows keeping me on this earth is worse than sending me to Hell.. " He mumbled as tears trickled from his stone like eyes that were starting to crack. They could not contain the emotions and more. They were breaking down revealing all his past and pains. He was almost relieved that Tiamat was here now because some how he knew that she would try to help him. His cheeks were soaked from the water welling from his eyes, but he tried to soak up the pain before she saw the small drops of salted water.

He wished it would all leave him now, but the pictures of the past played in his head. He watched his past flash before his eyes like a movie. All the killing and the murders, all the wrongs that should have been rights. He saw his mother and father, then his older brother, the scenes played out in front of him. The voices in his head were telling the stories all over again on how he killed his first love, how the foal that he thought that he fathered was murdered. All of this was because of him, It was his fault and he was the only one to blame for all this. He should have stopped himself, but the voices always told him it was okay.  

"Talk"

OOC:: Thats Fine!!:)
/div>
Image Credits!

@Tiamat

Tiamat

There is silence between them for a moment. The ocean mare’s chiming laughter slowly fades into the freshness of day, her eyes shining blissfully beneath the light of the sun, and the genuine smile still lingers along the gentle curve of her lips. She is the light to his darkness, the heaven to his hell, the angel to his demon, and all other manner of metaphorical comparisons, the contrasts that highlight the differences between these two creatures. But she does not see that—not now, perhaps not ever. Her light is far too bright, too wonderful, too infectious to be pierced by his solemn shadows. Eagerly she invites him, silent and subconscious in her incitement. After all, she knows nothing else.

She takes note of his even stare—hollow, harrowed, and hurting—but it isn’t until the black stallion reaches out that Tiamat’s smile gradually begins to fade. His breath is nearly cold against the warmth of her skin, chilling and she nearly flinches in her surprise (an action that is quickly remedied by the concern that swells within her, blooming from her chest and reaching out as her lips graze his face). Her worry for him is honest and unmasked, glistening in the paleness of her eyes and the soft creasing of her brow. It is obvious that something is not right, that there is something that bothers him, but the ocean mare could not possibly begin to fathom what it is.

Watching him, the ocean mare catches sight of the lone tear that slips from his eyes, its trail glistening faintly beneath the sun’s light as it falls down his cheek. “Nox?” She speaks his name in quiet earnest, concerned for him, wondering what could have possibly brought him to this mournful state (she realizes his sorrow now)—so different from when they had first met. The stallion doesn’t pause in speaking. His low voice is rougher than it usually is, broken and pained, sending a chill down her spine despite the warmth that her mother sends down to her. The tears continue, more abundant now, a steady and unceremonious stream that spills gently across the lines of his face.

Reaching out to him, Tiamat brushes them off his cheek with her velvet muzzle, not acknowledging the tears with words (because, somehow, she knows that she must spare his pride, even if she would never think less of him for his expression of emotions). Resting in the grass next to him, she doesn’t say anything at first. Silence begins to settle between them again, her mind loud enough to occupy herself for now, mulling over what he has spoken. She doesn’t understand the things that he admits, doesn’t understand why anyone would wish to be in—h-e-l-l—rather than walking the earth, especially in the fullness of Birdsong, when the land is thriving with growth and beauty. Why would anyone wish death? What horrible things could be done to bring such condemnation? Surely, because she cannot believe him to be so vicious, he needn’t be so cruel to himself.

“Nox…” she says his name again, her sides heaving as she forces out a heavy breath from her nostrils, pursing her lips before continuing. “Why do you say these things?” These things that he has said are not nice things, and they even scare her a little bit—as dark and foreboding as they are. Her white eyes are wide and doe-like as she looks to him, confusion in her eyes—but also hope, faith that he is—and always will be—an honest and worthy person.

“You’ve been nothing but a good friend to me—if there’s anything I can do…” Tiamat trails off, a smile beginning to curve her lips again, a silent but promising assurance. She would do anything to reassure him that this life is not a punishment to be endured—but a gift. She feels privileged to have air in her lungs and life in her breast, to have a heart beating against her ribs and eyes to see the beauty around her—to have him as a friend. If only he could understand that as she does. Her brow creases as she ponders, taking a shaky breath while thinking about the darkness he seeks to sentence for himself. “I don’t understand,” her voice is barely above a whisper, spoken slowly, her gaze skirting the grass before trailing back to his face.

“Speech.”
image credits | @Mortuus Nox

Dressy
Mortuus Nox
Her soft muzzle rubbed across his onyx cheek as she bushed the tear away. How she did not understand why he felt this way, why the pain and the suffering was building up within him. He wished that he could see the world as the ocean mare did, he wished the world looked as bright to him as it did to her. It would never look like that to him, Nox only saw death and living hell. He only felt joy and true happiness when he was with Tiamat, but why would she want to be around such a death filled stag. Surely she deserved something much better, even if she did have that type of interest in hell bound stag. He let his black skull rub her soft ocean neck as the tears finally slow a bit, what would he tell her. He couldn't lie to a mare he cared for, so he decided to tell her nothing bu the truth. The Voices on the other hand flooded his mind saying she could never love a monster, because Beauty does not deserve a Beast. He looked into her pale eyes his gray ones drained of their energy, they looked broken and torn apart; he still held it together as much as he could.

"I say those things, because they are true Tiamat. I did very bad things when i was younger and they haunt me every day of my life. My demons follow me around whispering in my ear, telling me I am a Fuck up. I should not be alive right now. I will always be honest with you Tiamat, I could never lie to someone that i c..." The words stopped flowing, he cut himself off thinking he had said to much to her. The ocean mare couldn't have felt the same way about him as he did towards her, but he could only hope.  "I have killed my whole family, My mother and father have been slaughtered.. My brother tried to kill me, but i had the upper hand to him and he fell to me. My first foal was not mine, and my first love lied and cheated on me. I killed her whole little family, the foal that should have been mine, the true father of it, and her. They are all dead because of me, I did it.".  His voice was deep and low in tones as his gray eyes looked into hers, there he said everything. Now he was for sure that beauty could never love the beast, how could such a sweet ocean fall for a muddy swap. His eyes gazed away laying his head back on the ground waiting for her to respond to his harsh words. At this point he would not be surprised if she got up and ran far, far away from him.

The soft grass around his body rubbed against his scared onyx pelt, as the green emerald hi pried from the dead body of the stag glistened on his demonic horns. He was scared of loosing the only thing he had cared for in a long time, but she wouldn't know that. In her point of view maybe she only saw him as a friend. When she asked what she could do to help him he wanted to say just stay with me, just love me. This is reality though he opened his mouth to speak again "Just... tell me.. I, I have a Ch..."   He wanted to finish the sentence, but he couldn't, he couldn't say a Chance with someone like you. He shook his head looking away quickly knowing the words he spoke could not be taken back, she was going to question what he was going to finish saying. His head went back on the ground again with a thud, and the thought still ran through his head. Beauty can never truly love a beast...

"Talk"

OOC:: OMG I love this post!!! :')
Image Credits!

@Tiamat

Tiamat

The ocean mare’s delicate head is draped gently across the stallion’s withers, her neck stretched out beneath his touch, so calm in comparison to the dark storm that lies in wait for them. The sun’s shimmering brilliance bathes her in a warm halo of light, not unlike that which glows in her heart, and she wills for Nox to feel the same—to enjoy the beauty of life, the beauty of this day. She breathes peacefully, comfortable with their closeness (ever an affectionate and friendly creature) and knows nothing but the urge to comfort him, to quell his fears. Little does she understand—little does she know.

Dainty ears twist when his roughened voice leaves his lips again, his morose and heavy words bringing sorrow to her once more. It hurts her that he would say such things, that he would think so lowly of himself as to will his life to an end, the innocence of her mind unable to understand what could possibly bring him to such a suffering state. She knows that all life—nature, equine, fauna, and all else—is worth something, to someone. Why would they exist otherwise? She does not want him to feel so downhearted, she does not understand, she does not know what awaits her. “No—Nox, please don’t—” Her plea is silenced when the stallion continues, cutting her off like a knife.

“I have killed my whole family.”

“You…what?” Tiamat nearly stammers, her voice fluctuating somewhere between an exclamation and a gasp. At first, she thinks that she had misheard him—prays that she had misheard him—but when he continues, it becomes painfully obvious that it had not been so. Every word is darker than the last, painting pictures of blood, hate, and distrust that she recoils from, afraid. Her pretty head lifts from the grasses and shrinks away from beneath his touch, instinctively withdrawing from a creature who is capable of such bloodshed, of such darkness.

Her friend, a killer? A…murderer?

How?

The ocean mare knows very little about the stallion’s past—in fact, until now, she had known nothing (not including the fact that he has honed his skills in the art of carving pictures, but that’s beside the point). It hadn’t mattered to her. He had been good to her, kind to her, nothing but a generous friend and companion, and that had been more than enough—did it really matter what happened before that?

Does it now?

No one deserves death—not like that anyway. No one deserves for their life to be ripped away from them, even if they have done terrible things, they are still a person. And a baby! So young in this world, so innocent and pure (not unlike the ocean mare herself), without even a thought of doing wrong…it isn’t right for all of that way be taken away. It’s a shameful, terrible thing. “You’ve…killed?” It is barely a whisper, her eyes wide with a mix of fear, disappointment, and confusion. Tiamat looks away from him, struggling, wrestling with the feelings that blister inside of her. She doesn’t know what to think. He is her friend, she cares for him—she knows the right thing to do would be to accept his past sins—but she struggles against the betrayal that creeps into her brightness like a wolf.

Shifting her weight, the ocean mare rights herself enough so that her hooves are tucked loosely underneath her; she considers standing, if only to pace with her thoughts, but she decides against it. “I don’t know what…what do you want me to say, Nox?” Her white eyes find his face again, tracing the coarse lines to settle on his eyes. Her sight threatens to blur as tears well along her eyelids, but she holds them back for now. “It is wrong to lie and cheat, but no one deserves…no one deserves to be murdered,” her voice is earnest, nearly a plea as her throat tightens with the swell of emotions, “A baby, Nox!” And with that she breaks, a sob wracking from her lips as she tucks her head in towards her chest, blinking against the flow of tears.

He says that he would never lie to her, and she wants so desperately to believe him, but she can’t help but give in a little bit to the cold blade of deception that has pierced her heart. Has he lied to her already? Is he really so kind? So generous? Who are you? She wants to cry at him, demand of him, but remorse finally slides in to cushion her pain. Tiamat knows that she couldn’t possibly push him away…not when he has already proved to her his goodness. Sometimes it’s just hard, and she steals for herself a moment of selfishness to look back at him. “Are you still the same person? Would you kill—” her voice breaks at the word, her breath shuddering as she swallows “—again?” Her doe-eyes glisten with tears, a shyness of uncertainty sobering her usual enthusiasm.

notes; Oh Tia xD she tries so hard! Haha
“Speech.”
image credits
@Mortuus Nox

Dressy
Mortuus Nox
His gray eyes had to look away from her after he spoke, he could not look her in the eyes after he spoke of what he did. He knew it was going to crush her and he never wanted to do that, but he couldn't lie to her. He had to tell the truth to this mare no matter how bad it was. He felt her lay over his withers then her head lifted sharply as he spoke about what happened in his life. Did he make a mistake by telling her the truth? No he know he didn't, he hoped and prayed the beautiful mare could forgive him.. he could only pray. A sigh left his mouth as he looked to her, as she plead to him to stop what he was telling her.

She had to know, Tiamat asked why he was in this state of mind, and he had to answer. She her voice shook as she asked is it true. He couldn't look at her again, he knew her heart was broken, but yes it was all true he could never lie to her. He felt her scurry from his touch, she didn't want to be near him. He could feel his heart crumble with a sinking feeling in his chest. Their friendship might be ruined from this one conversation. His gray eyes teared up thinking about loosing her forever, for never getting the chance to possibly be hers . He would probably never be able to hold her heart with his. He was forever to be alone, for he did not deserve such a loving heart. He then heard her speak again, her words were soft like a wave flowing over the sandy beach on a warm summer day. She whispered 'You've Killed'.. Yes her did he had christened his onyx coat with crimson blood of another soul. He sighed softly looking down at the ground everything in his world was crashing down on him.

Her light soul was crushed as she asked him what he wanted her to say, his broken gray eyes looked at her and his deep Latin tones rumbled from his broken chest."I don't know..... I dont expect you to say anything Tiamat.... I understand if you never want to see me again, I have broken your soul. I opened you to a world so foreign in its ways, that it brought you to tears. I am so sorry.. I'm sorry.. " The last words were whispered in the wind as a tear trailed over his onyx cheek. He never wanted to hurt her. She spoke again about lying and cheating, then how wrong the stallion was to murder something. He could never explain how he really was not there when it happened, his soul was taken over by something in his body. Although he tamed the voices now, he didn't know how to back then and it proved to haunt the present. "Something took me over Tiamat. Demons ate my soul, I have controlled them now but in the past i couldn't help it. I know how to stop everything before it all starts." He looked at her with the most honest look in his eyes, he was telling the complete truth. He wanted her to know she see's the real him for who he is. Then she asked him would he do it again, would he kill again. His heart broke, as he spoke to her again laying in the soft grass. "No Tiamat, I would never do that again.. I see how much it hurts you and I never want to put you through that again. I vow never to kill another soul, and that is a promise to you. I will Keep it no matter what, that is why I decided to stay in healing. I will only help from now on." His eyes were deep and honest as he spoke to the ocean mare. He meant every word he spoke to her. He would never break his promise to her, Never.

OOC:: Awhhh her post broke my heart!!
Image Credits!

@Tiamat

Tiamat

The mare’s white eyes have fallen, lowering to trace the moist spring grasses, focusing too intently on the bending of the blades, how they are tickled with every breath and movement, calling to her family of nature as a distraction—anything to not think of the horrors committed, of what he had done. She can hear the sorrow in his voice, roughened more than usual by the emotion that laces every word, and she squeezes her eyes shut as she fights to stop the tears that trickle slowly, steadily down her cheeks. I’m not the one you need to apologize to,” she forces the words from her lips in a shuddering and powerful breath, the muscles in her jaw clenching as she swallows against the tightness of her throat. Her eyes flicker to the stallion for a short moment, glancing at his face from beneath damp lashes, before they fall again.

But…what would apologizing do, anyway? Will confessions, will pleas for the forgetting of past regrets, really accomplish anything? Can the simple uttering of words heal previous wrongs? It certainly won’t bring them back…won’t restore the lives of those already taken. He can’t give them back what he has already so selfishly, so hatefully stolen. Her nostrils quiver with every breath, trembling and fraught, her muscles tense and fighting against the tightness that has gripped her chest (she finds her lungs unable to take in enough oxygen, her heart beating painfully against her ribs, so anxious and struggling with what he has told her).

It takes the ocean mare longer than she would have liked to come to terms with it, to begin the faintest movement of grasping at the threads of understanding, of reaching for the beliefs that have so long held her secure. She knows that she must forgive him—and she knows that she will, however challenging it might seem in this moment. There is no way that she can right the wrong that has already been done, but she can right the path ahead, set them both along the straight and narrow—right this offense, so it might flower and give way to goodness. That…that she can do.

However difficult it might seem.

Taking another steadying breath, Tiamat raises her eyes to the stallion again, their trail slow and measured. “You haven’t broken me,” she offers him a small, crooked smile, but it is only a shadow of her usual brilliance, and her voice aches in her assurance. “I just…I would have never thought…would never have imagined—that you—” she has to look away again, her gaze falling to skirt across the field and her mouth pursing against the trembling of her lip. A murderer. It almost doesn’t seem real, so sheltered is she from the certainty of the shadows, it would have never occurred to her that one of her dear friends would be so dark…could have done something so abhorrently wrong.

Arching her slender neck, the blue mare presses her lips softly into the grasses, exhaling a weighted breath and closing her eyes in a long blink. When she speaks, it is in earnest passion, her eyes soon rising to meet his in a sudden burst of fervor. “Don’t do it for me, Nox. It is…it is for the betterment of the world, for our goodness—I know you are good. I have seen it.” She attempts a smile again, the gesture wavering somewhere between friendly warmth and fervent solemnity, “Do it for yourself.” She knows that this is something that he needs to overcome on his own (even though she will not abandon him), a truth that he needs to come to terms with—because, even though she might offer her forgiveness, it is his own forgiveness of himself that will truly make a difference.

“I believe you,” she whispers after a long moment of silence, her white eyes meeting the pale pray of his, her brow furrowing gently as she smiles. I trust you, is a parallel to what she is saying, a promise of her own, an unspoken vow of faith and hope. While his past acts are horrifying and shameful, it is not her place to hold judgement, or to condemn him for it, when all he has done has shown her his kindness. “And I think you’ll make a wonderful healer,” her grin broadens as she lets slip the breath of a chuckle, before she becomes somber once more, the mirth slowly trickling from her eyes. It is again replaced by fear—but a fear for him, rather than of him. “How do you know that you can contain…it?” She struggles understanding exactly how he can be so controlled by something other than his own will—the image of him killing, possessed, quickening the beat of her heart. “How do you know that you won’t lose control again?”

“Speech.”
image credits
@Mortuus Nox

Dressy
Mortuus Nox
His eyes looked up to her as she let a warm breath out, it flooded against his skin and gave him a warming chill. He knew that he opened up his life and his world to this mare, but she accepted it. Tiamat now could see the real him for who he really was, and know why he was always in slightly morbid thoughts; except for when he was with her. She confessed she was not the one who needed the apology, but he knew he owed her one for upsetting this calm beauty. His pale eyes looked into her gaze as they were in the field alone and together. Oh how he would not want it any other way, he felt relieved to be with her now. He felt forgiveness and compassion from the mare, something he has never felt from someone before. All he knew of was hate and destruction.

He watched her shuttered breathing flutter like a butterfly. His eyes had to gaze away for a moment knowing he made her feel this pain, but in reality this is what he lives with every day. It was internalized within him though and physical signs of this burning pain never showed its face, until now. Her lips let out a voice again telling him that he did not break her, but she never imagined him doing such a thing. He looked over her tender blue body as his deep Latin words came from his maw. " In a way I feel like I have. I have broken your innocent feel that lays in your heart. I exposed you to a part of the world that happens every day , and what happened in my past. I long to be a loving and compassionate towards everything like you, but I made you feel like what I feel inside of me every day. I just feel like i have broken a small part of your heart. . His voice was soft and shallow, almost like a breath of air was speaking from him. What he said was all true, sadly and he knows this hurt her almost more than it hurt him self.

Then a twinkle came from her blue heart as she spoke to him about changing for himself, not for her. If she only knew what he would do for her. He would give up the world for her just to stay happy, just for her to continue her life the way she is. He knew he was a changed man, and yes he would do it for himself, but only because that is what she wants from him. " I am working on forgiving my self, It might take some time but i know it must be done. Every day my heart grows stronger, but deep wounds take time to heal. He smiled softly looking into her pale eyes warmly. Then a whisper came from her maw 'I believe you.' He smiled again as the warm wind brushed the grass against his black pelt.

He had so much respect for this ocean mare. She voiced one more concern though, how does he know he will contain it and what if he looses control again. He let his eyes drift away again and then he let them slide back to hers. "I have learned coping methods, like when I carved things into trees. That helps me greatly and as for loosing control I wont. If that ever might happen and I cant get my self away from it i will think about this time. Here in the field, me and you talking about everything. Then a promise to not only my self but you. It means the world to me to have your trust Tiamat, and I would never want to ruin that. It is just not worth loosing my cool and doing that to someone again, because I would lose everything... Including you. I would have broken a Promise that is not worth breaking. He spoke with true sincerity in his voice. It was not worth making her hate him, it was not worth any more pain.

OOC:: <333333333333
Image Credits!

@Tiamat

Tiamat

It hurts, to think that one of her closest friends could have done such a terrible thing.

But…as much as the idea makes her own heart stutter painfully and her stomach clench tightly, it is easily eclipsed by her concern for him—she hurts for him. The ocean mare, in all of her white innocence and blissful naivety, cannot even begin to fathom what it must be like to live with such guilt. How awful it would be to live each day, knowing that you have stolen something so precious and irreplaceable. She pities him dearly, not wanting to think of the harrowing remorse. But it is that same guilt, that same shame and pain that she sees in his eyes, that lifts her spirits. It is because—with good faith and compassion—that guilt will give way to forgiveness, and then graciousness. His goodness will flower and flourish, if he takes this darkness and learns from it, learns from his mistakes.

She is sure of this—sure of him, even when his rasping breath continues to leave in cold, mourning sighs from his lips. Tiamat shifts her weight so that she rests more upright, her slender legs curling underneath her more comfortably in the soft grasses. “But it doesn’t have to happen—you don’t have to feel this way,” her white eyes settle on him with a warm intensity, ever earnest in her insistence of the goodness of this world—this dreadful, dark world that has only tried to crack her little cocoon of light. She refuses to release her hope and her belief of its mercy.

“There is enough goodness in your heart to triumph these shadows, I know there is. You’ve shown me. If you would just put your faith in this, in yourself, then I know you can be the honest man you are, you don’t have to give in—” her words are tightened and choked by the sudden rise of emotions, thinking of the pain that he has spoken of—of the shadows that haunt him. It is nearly too horrifying a picture, and she suppresses a shudder as a cold chill spider webs through her muscles. The mare’s gaze falls slowly from his face, finding a little bug in the grasses and watching as it climbs through the blades, hiccupping once against another threat of tears.

Tiamat doesn’t want to think of his sins anymore, doesn’t want to ponder on what evils haunt his past. They are in the past—and they must look to the future now, with promise. Exhaling a weighted breath, she purses her lips and pauses a moment before speaking. “It’s not just about losing your cool,” her pale eyes flicker back up to the stallion, a whisper of a chuckle escaping in some merciful humor, though her gaze is more stern than usual. Death, murder, sin—they are not subjects to be played with. “Those were people’s lives, Nox,” Tiamat’s voice breaks and her lip trembles, her head tucking into her chest when a single tear wets her cheek.

The ocean mare swallows several times, managing to avoid another fit of tears, and though the sorrow still lingers in her gaze when she looks to Nox again, there is also promise. Like she said, she believes in him, and she’s not about to give up hope. “Whatever it takes to help you…you are my dear friend, and I don’t want to—I can’t—see you do something so hateful again. If you ever need anything from me, please, don’t hesitate to ask; I want to help you,” she offers him an encouraging smile, this one warmer than the last, and she reaches out to brush his cheek soothingly, “Even if we have to decorate every tree in Helovia.” Tiamat laughs lightly, the sound coming easier now, the glow of brilliance slowly returning to illuminate the dainty lines of her face. She won’t give up on him.

notes; 100 posts YAY!:DD
“Speech.”

Dressy
Mortuus Nox
He listened to her waiting for a response to what she might say about everything. She now knows his dirty little secrete, the reason why he has struggled to live a normal life. His gray eyes wondered away from her again because her eyes started to swell with the drops salt water. He wishes he did not have to feel like this, but on the other hand he knew nothing but this feeling at all times. His quiet onyx body laid still as the warmth of the sun absorbed into his pelt. The demons of his past danced around his brain with thoughts and memories of the times that he killed. He had true evil built up in his soul, but it was something that had to stay hidden like the monster under your bed. He knows its there, but only light will be able to scare it away.

He still sat quiet listening to her sweet voice speak again. She saw goodness in his heart, well the black hole that laid in his chest. At some points he even wondered if his heart had a beat, if he would ever feel the warmth in his body again. One thing he did know is that when she touched him he could feel that warmth spark from within. He could almost feel a heart beat, but as her touch would leave he would feel cold and dead again.

"Your right, i should not have worded it like that. Sometimes it is just hard for me to pick my words. I will not happen again and I can control my self. I have to thank you for listening and talking with me Tiamat,you make the damp coldness I feel wither away. That takes a lot of effort, and compassion." . He smiled softly reaching his muzzle out to touch her in comfort if she would let him. He knew he had to brighten the subject and the morbid conversation was to be done with.

"I really appreciate it, and yes if you could learn to carve then there would be very many beautiful tree's in helovia. I am sure you can make some outstanding art with your beautifully carved horn. There are some beautiful markings on it, what do they mean?" He questioned looking close to her horn his eyes guiding over each mark. His weight shifted under the weight of his body laying on the ground. He stretched his front legs out now sitting instead of laying on the soft grass.

OOC:: sorry it took so long!!
Image Credits!

@Tiamat

Tiamat

Slowly the ocean mare’s crying comes to a close, her slender sides hiccupping in a final repressed sob before she swallows thickly, white eyes looking to the black stallion with the sadness gradually fading from their teary depths. The sun’s brilliant light falls upon the two of them and halos their bodies in a warm glow, reflecting from the wet trails that linger on the mare’s cheeks. Like the dazzling brightness of this beautiful spring day, her brilliance cannot be easily snuffed out or smothered, only dampened as the shadows creep frighteningly closer (though her brilliant candle refuses to give in to the darkness).

With the corners of her lips shadowed by a grin, Tiamat listens as the black stallion speaks, confirming once more his promise—his vow to fight against the corruption that riots inside of him, an evil that her innocent mind cannot possibly understand. Accepting his touch graciously, and no longer fearing his afflictions, the ocean mare feels as comforted by his proximity as he is by hers. “Of course, Nox,” she says with a crooked smile growing along her lips, her muzzle trailing over the bridge of his nose as she draws back to meet his gaze, “I’m here for you, whenever you need me—whenever it gets…bad.” Tiamat presses her lips together, exhaling heavily from her nostrils.

She will do all that she can to help her friend—there is no uncertainty about that in her mind. Even if it means to put herself in harm’s way to spare others, to spare a child, then she will gladly do it without hesitation—but Tiamat does not fear Nox, or for her safety when she is with him. If he says that he can control whatever demons fight for his conscience, then the blue mare believes him unquestioningly.

Fluted ears press forward to catch the stallion’s voice when he continues, a more genuine grin (reminiscent of her usual blissful cheer) spreads across her delicate features. “I won’t forget to take you up on those lessons one day, I intend to see your art,” Tiamat gives him a playful wink, a peaceful chime of laughter pealing into the fresh air. She thinks back to their initial meeting, back in the Basin during Frostfall’s frigid clutches, when he had decorated their snow puppy’s face so expertly. She has no doubt that such proficiency is even more defined when put to wood instead of snow.

“Carved into my horn?” She questions, Nox’s inquiry about the markings that decorate her curved horn bringing her attention back to him. “They’re symbols of my parents; the designs are meant to represent the ocean’s waves and sky’s heavens. I was born with them,” smiling in her delight, Tiamat arches her neck, tilting her head from side to side so that he might admire the swirling, intricate patterns more clearly. Of course, the ocean mare doesn’t remember a time when she didn’t have their design, with the wind whistling through their hollows, singing nature’s song. It is a part of her, a mark of her heritage, and she cherishes it.

“Speech.”

Dressy
Mortuus Nox
He smiled brightly as he watched her face light up with the sun again. Her features that were sorrowed by there conversation washed away with a wave revealing a brighter softer sand. The stormy waves have revealed a rainbow, and that rainbow now had connected the dark stallion and the bright mare together. They both had a better understand for the other, and finally shared common ground. She knew about the whole him and he learned a lot about her today. There was no more hiding why he sometimes felt the way he did around her. She was one of the first ones to really understand him.

The thoughts raced his head as he smiled softly as she excepted his touch for the first time once again. Her coat was warm, and it smelt of love and forgiveness. She radiated with such an infectious vibe that he could not help but bring his sitting body to a full stand. His black legs stretched out from sitting for so long under his muscled weight. He reached his muzzle out to her to invite her to stand with him. He listened to he now speak of the wind and ocean. The carvings on her horn were symbols of this. He would have never knew about this if he never asked, and for a second his body stopped and his eyes grew large. There was something she had to see. "Well it adds to your natural beauty, they really are stunning Tiamat. I have something that I must show you... " He smiled softly looking closer at her horn. Admiring every curve and indent. He needed to show her this, it was something the voices had brought up to him. He always thought they were full of bull shit, but now he began to think if they really had something to say.

He began to walk a bit away from her as he looked back with gleaming eyes "Please, you need to see this. Just follow me amare, I believe you will really enjoy it. " He waited for her to come up to his side as his pale eyes looked to the sky. He could only hope she would enjoy it just as much as he did, but he was never for sure. All he knew was she made him happy.

-amare:Love
OOC:: sorry it took so long, Sooo i have another thread in mind if she wants to follow him !! I will make the thread somewhere else so we can finish off this one??
Image Credits!

@Tiamat

Tiamat

Pressing her dainty ears forward, the ocean mare cannot try to contain the happiness of her smile, or the glow that blooms to illuminate her features. While her friend’s history is far, far from a pleasant one, and even thinking about what he had done tempts a shiver down her spine, all these cold things are diminished in the face of her delight. In spite of his previous misdeeds, Tiamat sees Nox’s righteous heart now more than ever—his goodness, mercy, and honesty that has corrected whatever monster he might have been. That is who he is now. He is her friend, always will be, and she wouldn’t think of condemning him for his honest confessions (it is obvious that fate has already punished him enough).

It is time for him to heal now.

Looking up to the stallion with bright, forgiving eyes as he rises, Tiamat presses her cheek to his, breathing softly before she stands to join him. Thrusting cloven hooves out from her body, she heaves herself upward, water streaks sparkling across her body as she shakes beneath spring’s glorious sun. When her gaze returns to his rugged face, the ocean mare notices his large eyes—widened in what would seem to be awe, rather than the fear she has seen haunting him.

However, Nox speaks before she can question him, and his words of compliment bring a softer, more bashful grin to her lips. “Thank you, Nox,” the blue mare arches her slender neck when he peers again at her decorated horn, her entire body radiating with an honest, innocent pride (a pride of her heritage and of nature, of respect, rather than greed or arrogance, so pure as it blossoms throughout every part of her). “What is it?” Tiamat queries with an airy laugh, white eyes doe-like as his excitement becomes infectious, sparking her anticipation.

The black stallion does not entertain her with an answer, instead sauntering away a few steps before his pale eyes sweep back to her. He only encourages her further, to which Tiamat shakes her pretty head with glee, her laughter chiming over the grasses as long legs carry her to Nox’s side. “You needn’t convince me more than you already have, my friend,” there is a playful tease in her words that reaches up to alight in her gaze, “Show me the way.” With a dainty tip of her head, the ocean mare guides him forward. Behind her, her leonine tail is curved with excitement, flicking and swaying back and forth (like a delighted cat), and her muscles dance beneath satin skin.

“Speech.”