the Rift

SWP :: What's mine is mine (Part I)

Kratos Posts: 7
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 6yrs HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Dingo

Lazarus has got no dirt on me
and I'll rise to every occassion

I'm met with responses almost immediately. The first doesn't come from the tri-colored hybrid I'd directed my words to, but a lady of ivory and rosen hues. Her words are wise, and I find myself in agreement to them. Though I wish to see little more than for a God to fall dead at my feet, I am not so foolish as to think such a feat is easy, if not near impossible. A mortal is all that I am, nothing more and nothing less, a fact I've come to accept long ago.

My intentions were simple enough, to give her a proper answer to all that she asked and explain myself, but I'm cut off just as I begin. This one is colored similarly to myself, wrapped in a coat of midnight with faint markings that crept down her front legs. The corners of my lips curl ever so slightly upward at her remark. "No God is a God of mine," I say, "But I must agree in that you've done us all a favor."

There is no time to speak further, as it was the Goddess herself speaking to me next. My ears flatten and press against my neck, but before I could even begin to process what the violet mare had said, I found myself being suddenly hurled backwards. Before I knew it, I was hitting the hard ground with an audible thud!, followed by a sickening snap!. Gritting my teeth together, I hissed in a deep breath, which only seemed to do little more than cause a sharp pain to shoot throughout my being.

That damned bitch had broken a rib, possibly two; all I knew was that it fucking hurt.

With as deep a breath as I could muster, I pulled myself to my feet just as complete chaos ensued. The arrival of the wolf God was like a mental knot of annoyance, just as that incessant screaming of some idiot was in the background. In truth, I wanted both deities dead, but my sights were set on the violet Goddess. Luckily, it didn't seem I was alone in my quick hatred of the Lady Moon.

Slower now I was with short, sharp breaths, but nonetheless I charged forward, movement more sluggish than it should have been, intending to come around to the Goddess' left side. Lowering my head, I rushed towards her, horns positioned to be used like a battering ram to crash right into her lithe side.

"Talking talk here."

[TEAM SCREW YOU GODS. Admins have permission to have their way with Kratos so long as he isn't killed plz :D

A couple of ribs are broken due to being thrown by Moony. With a bit of a struggle he gets up, then intends to charge at her and use his horns like a battering ram into her left side.

Mentions: HOTARU, SIALIA, TIMOTHY, MOONY]

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri</style>
in this world full of people there's one killing me
and if we only die once i wanna die with you
</style>

I really didn't have any time to answer Thantos' questions because no sooner had he asked them we heard the disembodied voice that sent a chill rippling through my body. "What's that?" I whispered and I just knew it had to be something bad when he stepped in front of me and spread his wings like he was protecting me. It had to be bad. Suddenly Thantos was gone, launching his attack on the wolf that he'd blocked from my view. For whatever reason I felt that the wolf was far scarier than the bear we'd had to fight, but maybe that was because I grew up with a bear that followed me around everywhere I went.

Then... then things got bad.

I could see my momma and Bear step forward and I knew in my heart what she was going to do, but I silently pleaded that she wouldn't. "Attack the wolf, momma. Please, please, please attack the wolf." My eyes were wide and filled with terror when she launched herself at the Moon Goddess. "NO!" I was screaming at her, hoping that she would hear my voice, but she just kept running, charging for the goddess. "STOP!"

Then Mister Archibald was charging, the ground was shaking, and my terror increased tenfold because once upon a time when I was young he was my family. I thought of him as Uncle Archi, not Mister Archibald, and even though we'd grown apart as I grew up and we barely knew each other anymore I still loved him like he was my family. 

"No..." I knew why they were attacking her, I knew she deserved it, but I didn't want it to happen. I wanted it to stop. I wanted them to stop and turn and fight the wolf that she'd brought back with her.

"NO!" I was screaming again. "Momma! Uncle Archi! STOP!" I was trying desperately to get their attention and I even thought about throwing myself in their path but there was a part of me that felt that they would go through me to get to her. "Aunt Ophie!" I screamed when I finally noticed her.

It was bad. So bad. My whole family was trying to attack the Moon Goddess, the same one that killed without rhyme or reason and it terrified me because the rest of my family could be next. I didn't want to lose them.

"FOR MY BROTHER!"

I felt my blood freeze in my veins and I spun around, I looked up to the sky and there was Cera. "CERA!" This time I did rush forward and I wanted to fly but my wing was still too weak to support my weight. "HOTOTO WOULDN'T WANT THIS!" I shouted at him instead. "YOU KNOW HE WOULDN'T!" But I knew what he wanted to do, I could see his hooves aimed for the Moon Goddess' back and ... I couldn't let him do it. I couldn't. I couldn't lose him because I felt like I'd already lost Momma and Archi and Aunt Ophie. 

...so I aimed to shove my shoulder into the Moon Goddess' side to shove her out of the way of Cera's attack. If he hit me it was okay. He was my brother, I loved him, I would forgive him, I would save him.

"."

ooc:// tries to shove the moon goddess out of the way to intercept cera's attack

Image Credits

Reluctantly Team Moon Goddess

aud pixel!

Mirabella Posts: 35
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Two Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily

The last fight, for the most part I had stayed out of it. I had no real motivation or loyalty other than to those from the Basin to fight. I had merely been there if needed, and when I wasn't I had faded into the background like always. I had become good at that. This whole being a loner thing. Instead I had traveled even farther south. If the place where the waterfall red blood red was new and brought in by our beloved God of the Spark.... What if, well what if the other Gods had similar plans.

I had not been around when the Goddess of the Moon had been revealed as the ultimate killer. Sure she had been using the Sultan from Dragon's Throat.... But he was not to blame. I could not blame him for my birth mother's death when he had only been a puppet in that bitch's sick and twisted plan. Oh how I hate the purple bitch. I had never gotten to say goodbye. To tell my mother that even though I had been horrible and a brat, I still loved her. She was the best mom she knew how to be. Will I pretend that she had been a better Mom than Hotaru? No I won't. My half sister's mother had stepped in after the Goddess had seen fit to murder my mother. She was there and tending to my wounds, now scars, when I finally had returned home.

I am lost in my thoughts, until the sight of dark mists meet my violet rimmed aqua eyes. Darkness and mists were only normally connected with one name. My body react before I even can comprehend why I am charging forward. The Moon Goddess had to be close! This would be the first time I would see her since my mother's murder... What will I say, or do? I want her to die, to feel the pain that my own dam surely had felt. But what mortal could ever kill a God on their own.

When I arrive, I quickly spot Hotaru among those gathered. It is to her side, and Alice's that I go. I stand, quiet as my eyes lock on the purple frame of the killer. My entire body trembles as I stare her down. I watch in silence as she makes two disappear and one is flung backward. No wonder she is so hated. A killer and a pompous bitch. Time for someone to bring you down to size... I knew if enough of us acted, we might be able to make her pay. But that would be the key. It's only when a wolf appears that I wonder if this would be our chance.

The banter between the Wolf God and the Moon Goddess bores me. Why? Because I don't give a shit about either one. Had this been any of the other Gods, I might of cared. But its her. Everyone suddenly surges into action. Some move for the Wolf God, just as we had to attack the Bear before him. A couple move to protect the Wolf from those attacking.... But it's the ones that charge the Goddess that make a wicked grin spread across my lips. I barely glance over to Hotaru, only to notice a single tear. I had forgotten that the bitch killed both of her parents. That sealed my choice. As Hotaru springs into action, I sit back for a moment to watch. Two hurricanes seem to be heading in two different directions. I wonder who wields which one, if anyone.

It's then I make my choice. I break into a canter first, then a full on gallop as my determination gives me confidence. I lower my glass horn, taking aim on my target. The Wolf God, could wait. I may never get a shot like this again. I race forward, aiming for the left flank of that purple bitch. "FOR MY BIRTH MOTHER!" I scream at first, my voice mixing with another call. He had lost his brother. "FOR EVERYONE THAT YOU FUCKING TOOK FROM US YOU COWARDLY BITCH!" Oh yeah, I went there. Deal with it Moony. Cause payback, is a bitch too.

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

Mirabella
x - x

TEAM SCREW YOU MOONY

Races forward and aims to stab her glass horn into the Moon Goddess's left flank

I'm braver, because I fought a giant and won.
I'm stronger, because I had to be.
I'm happier, because I've learned what matters.
I stand taller, because I'm a survivor.

[Image: 53924d1345a8c]

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme

Ulrik nodded once to Ophelia, listening to her wild explanation. There was no use in being confused or startled by any of it, especially since, in reality, he was fascinated. So, was this land from another dimension entirely? Who were these foreigners and why did they look so strange? If only one would volunteer to be studied - now that would be a treat. He smiled a bit, black, velvet lips making wrinkled corners, and he shook his beard with a toss of his  head. 

He listened to the Moon Goddess carry on and then zap a few away from her, and he snorted in amusement. Helovians were notoriously stupid, sometimes. The scorpion on the ground nearby crawled up his leg and he waited patiently for the right moment to toss it on someone. Ulrik waited, watching the growing numbers when a black, foul look beast approached. It was a huge wolf with a hint of feral beast, and he raised a brow. "Looks like you on a bad day, Kirchoff," he teased in his head. 

"Oh fuck you," the hellhound growled back. 

Ulrik listened to the two gods exchange a back and forth, and he raised a dark, thick brow, watching. Ophelia and her twin seemed to me scheming, and he narrowed his gaze slightly, wondering what was going on there. That was when the battle started, and Ophelia just vanished. Dammit! Where was Torleik? He didn't know why he cared, exactly, but he knew that he didn't want Ophelia to get hurt - not when his cousin obviously cared about her so much. Anxiously, he looked around, seeing her flickering in the distance. 

What was she doing? Her twin was attacking the moon goddess, dumbfucks. 

The Engineer trotted over, standing in front of her body when he noticed some deer thing approaching. He narrowed his gaze and stood firm, grabbing the metal scorpion from his back with his jaws and tossing it in the direction of the deer. Hopefully that would keep it busy for now. 

He would stay by Ophelia just in case. 

Kirchoff, however, was more interested in this wolf. He growled and lunged at the monster, using his superspeed to propel him quickly to a front foreleg. There, he jumped to try to bite through his leg. 

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, 
table by tamme | |art by lunarblues

[[Permission given by hawk to mention Haldir!]]

TEAM PROTECT PHI 
Ulrik guards Phi, throws his scorpion at Haldir
Kirchoff goes for the foreleg of the wolf

(Please tag me in every post)

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
Fight the darkness,
It lives inside your heart,
It's not your fault my dear son,
It is simply your past.

“The Green Labryinth.” Mesec repeated, marvelling, though perhaps this wasn’t the time for sight-seeing. What small peace he may have had at seeing his mother again, conflicted though it was, quickly disappeared. Najya arrived soon after, joining his side, and after her more came, almost all of them faces that Mesec recognized. Though, oddly enough, one that addressed him directly - who clearly had his mother’s favour - was a face he did not recognize. Brow furrowed as he tried to place whether he knew this golden face, but he was distracted as more came. Ophelia, Ktulu, Megaera, Ampere. He avoided eye contact with most but could not help but stare at her - gathered with the other members of their herd and separated from him by what felt like an impossible divide between them. His silver eyes were pleading, wishing she could understand, but she did not seem willing to return the gaze. How he wanted to go to her even now but the little time that had passed did not erase the memory of her anger, the echo of her voice in pain that he caused bouncing around his head. Even now, though she stood relatively calmly, all he could see was the look in her eyes when he had betrayed her.

Lucius, taking exception to this train of thought, promptly pulled at his bonded’s mane with a sharp jerk of that powerful beak. It snapped Mesec out of that dreadful haze and he continued to observe. Other joined her, the group that he considered his herd mates throwing daggers at the violet mare he stood near and he couldn’t blame them. He shifted uncomfortably, especially under the hateful gaze of his Sultana. There had been rumours before, he knew, but now it was there - plain as night. Already, his heart in such turmoil, he could feel the same painful tug at a strange magic within him but tried to ignore it.

Still more come, either gathering around the Goddess as he had or elsewhere - welcome faces too. Sacre joined him and Mesec reflected on the information that they were brothers, thankful for the fact that the red-touched stallion had chosen to stand near him instead of across that invisible divide with the rest of their herd. “I wish I knew.” Still others continued to come and the demigod had to wonder whether they all came by chance, or whether they had been pulled here. His father stood off to the side, Gaucho, Mauja, Aithniel (was that look cast at him?) and Little Earth, far from little anymore, giving him a nod. He returned it, his stomach sinking with the feeling that they were drawing battle lines - and it was too late to switch sides. A young yearling joined them too, standing at his side, and he smile down to her when he felt her gaze.

But this was not just some strange gathering of almost everyone that he cared about, apparently. Battle was certainly the case. A chill ran through Mesec that set him on edge, a warning of what was to come. His mother began to speak, shout, at whatever it was - though they saw soon enough. The chill of before was nothing compared to what washed over him when he saw the wolf materialize from the puddle of shade. As smoke and words were exchanged, Mesec stepped forward, ready to defend Najya, Vitani, Sacre, and Lucius. Oh, Lucius. The young zephyr was bristling on his back, as though preparing for a fight, but that wasn’t going to be allowed. Until he could figure out somewhere safe for his companion, he would…

But the thoughts of how to get Lucius to safety don’t even finish. There had been one wolf, but now there were several - and they were lunging. Before he could even prepare for the fight that was to come his name was being shouted by a voice that he had not heard in a long time. “Aviya!” He shouted her name back, at once a greeting, a thanks, a warning. Aviya came streaking out of the bamboo forest, placing herself firmly between him and the wolf. Her broken horn, the horn he had broken, was wielded as a terrible weapon now. And just as one of his family member was protecting him, another was being attacked. The Helovians were going after his mother, screaming for revenge.

His mother was cancer, but if it came down to choosing the known from the unknown - he would choose his mother every time. He would choose the cancer that his body had grown up knowing, that it almost welcomed, over the cold, acidic bite of the wolf. 

Movement in the corner of his silver eye, though there is movement all around. Another one of the shadow wolves is approaching, but coming from Aviya’s side. He didn’t have time to pause and consider what team he was on.

Summoning the shadows, they swirl around his body before he vanishes - reappearing a few feet beside the wolf in an attempt to distract it. He was going to lunge, to use horn and wing to battle it, but something else happened.

Ranjiri. She was friends with Ros, wasn’t she? And… Hototo’s sister. Mesec watched, horrified, as if the entire scene were unfolding in slow motion. She was telling them to stop, yelling that Hototo would not want this. And he wouldn’t. He wouldn’t have wanted anyone to get hurt or to die for him. Especially not his family.

It was the thoughts of Ranjiri, of Ros, and most of all of Hototo that did it. The pain in his heart and head became too unbearable and Mesec dropped to the ground, screaming as this new magic ripped through him. Screaming as the faces of all those he loved and cherished, all those around him, blurred until he did not recognize them. Screaming as the bones in his bodies splintered and re-formed.

Until finally, he passed from pain to where screams could not go. Until there was another wolf, a giant warg, where Mesec once lay. When his eyes opened, they were still that same silver but colder now, and a snarl escaped dripping jaws as the monster crawled to its feet and searched, searched for a target. For a meal.

Mesec
Image Credits
table by Frostie

mentions: @Aviya, @Najya, @Ampere, @Vitani, @Sacre mostly but a couple other name drops in there just cause

TEAM ADDED-TO-THE-CHAOS but basically Team Moon

- moves to protect Najya, Vitani, Sacre, his mom and the gang near by when the wolf lunges but Aviya gets there first
- notices a second shadow-wolf counterpart coming at Aviya from the side and uses the below magic to shroud himself in shadow and reappear closer to the wolf, going to attack
:: [ Magic: Dark (U) | able to teleport through shadow and shroud himself in it to disappear ] 
:: [ Restrictions | May be used to evade an attack or travel quickly across the battlefield and can turn invisible for 20 seconds at a time ]

- is distracted by Ranjiri's pleas, which trigger his second magic (below), and send him to the ground, screaming and in convulsions
:: [ Magic: Dark | Unwillingly transforms into a shadow beast during which he does not remember the events ] 
:: [ Restrictions | Transformation is painful, rending him immobile for 10 seconds and the beast form is still solid ]

- when he stands he is in full warg form
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

To be quite honest Resplendence had only come because she had seen so many of those she called family heading this way. She had hung back though, arriving late to the party. Arriving only in time to hear the shouts of fighting, the clashing of hooves. What would be considered pain and torture. The two things that she highly disapproved of were happening right in front of her.

Valiance had taken off ahead of her. His feathers ruffled, tail flickering in disdain of this entire thing. Disapproval was all that radiated through the bond. She didn't want to fight, but she wouldn't leave her family there to die. Oh. But she didn't know how much stupidity was coursing through everyone's veins. Because, honestly, if you could see this you would think it was just a dog pile of people randomly attacking whoever they felt like attacking. No referee, no point. No plan.

There was a huff from Valiance as he seethed through the bond, "How on this Earth did Archibald come up with a plan to win the Falls when he goes to attack the Moon Goddess with no preparation?" Now, the huff was probably meant as a jest to Archibald, but Resplendence didn't pay attention to any words other than "Archibald," "attack," and "Moon Goddess". Instantly, she shuffled forward - closer to an area that gave her a wider view of the insanity unfolding before her and allowed her to take in some of the equines before.

So many Falls members… so many of them attacking the Moon Goddess. She shuddered, panic coursing through her veins as she shuffled backward, trying to make herself smaller. Why were they attacking the Moon Goddess when there were these weird ass, shadowy wolf creatures coming toward everyone else too?

Nope. Nope. Fuck no. Why was this happening? What the hell did they want here anyways? Were the Helovians invading their lands? Had they attacked us first? Oh, she had missed what the Moon Goddess had said - or at least she assumed she had, for something had to be said before all of this stupidity happened. And, yes, she was going to stick with calling this entire event stupid.

"Dammit you all. Don't die." she cries from the sidelines, Valiance trying to watch the battlefield from above in order to give her warning of any incoming attacks. "I'll do what I can… but I won't fight," she whispers, eyes struggling to keep up with all the movement, with all the pain and hurt.

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

Team Heal Any Helovians?
Resplendence stands off to the side, prepared to heal and avoid fighting as much as possible (unless in self defense if required later). Valiance circles the fight from above in an attempt to give Resplendence warning of something dangerous coming her direction.
Also --- Contest Winner
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme

Aithniel
The first flame burned gloriously, but the second flame burns cold.

Okay well. 

She had thought that this was going to go well. The Moon Goddess appeared. A gigantic wolf creature appeared. There was a call to arms. Everything occurred as per the usual with familiar faces all here from the Bear God. The sores on her body were still aching and oozing, but she tried not to pay any mind. Normal battle things happened. She sort of snoozed through the beginning arguments and snickered at a few Helovian's getting blasted away or just disappeared. 

And then chaos. 

A big number of Helovians went straight for the moon goddess herself, and she paused, staring incredulously at the group. No, she wasn't pleased at the goddess either - in fact she rather hated the moon, but this was madness, right? There were safety in numbers, however. Was this her chance? Would her father praise her for attacking a goddess? Or would she be shunned for her actions? Aithniel was crippled for a moment, and that was when she made her choice. 

Her father was the God of the Sun. 

The Moon Goddess had committed grievous crimes. Wasn't their entire existence about setting right the wrongs of Helovia from their own gods? Weren't they to provide balance? 

Wasn't she supposed to be the hand of judgment? 

Maybe this was her chance. There was so much balanced on this decision, and she finally tore herself away from her spot. "Goddess of the Moon! For your crimes against Helovia, I judge you guilty!" Aithniel burst into flames then, the fire she summoned burning bright, silver eyes shifting with power. Spreading her wings, she launched into the air, leaving clouds of ash in her wake. The sun child summoned a large orb of fire and threw it toward the goddess, hoping to get her attention off the others. 

Briefly, she turned toward the wolf and threw a fireball at it too, just to show that she was pro-Helovia and all. She was just using this situation to her advantage. There were enough fighters against the wolf, she thought. Aithniel dove toward the Moon Goddess, landing firmly on her cloven hooves and summoning her fire again. "They deserve their rage. We all do. You were an unbeatable tyrant, but we learned that gods do bleed. This is for Hototo and all those bodies you left, bloody and broken, for us to find."

Team anti-moon god...
Aithniel throws a fireball at moon god, and she throws a fireball at the wolf

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Najya Posts: 90
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 7 (Tallsun) HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
A'mal :: Plain White Dragon :: Shock Breath Kiki
Najya
Oh, the desert dreams of a river that will run down to the sea, like my heart longs for an ocean to wash down over me.
The others arrived soon after. 

Najya could hardly process what was happening.  The faces weren't familiar - not many in Helovia were.  Not yet.  However she knew why there was such disdain for the Moon Goddess even though she was relatively new to this place.  It was enough for her to find a home and lose one all in the span of a few weeks. She didn't know the particulars, but it was enough to motivate a peaceful herd into war just because of the aftereffects.  She didn't need the details to know considerable damage had been done.  

However what she did know was that she trusted Mesec regardless of his lineage.  She had meant what she had said to him not so long ago:  We are more than the stories that surround us - so much more.  Sometimes pain blinded us to that; the true reality of things.  

Then the world exploded into chaos. 
Everything boiled over and all at once it all came crashing down. 

Pain for those who had never healed became too much to bear.  Others fought to preserve what they perceived to be the balance of things.  Others stood stunned as the flames erupted before them - emotions acting like incendiaries and just fueling the flames that raged all around them. 

There was no line between right and wrong anymore.  There was only hurt.   Anger.  Passion.  The raw feelings that bled life into a conflict.  

Najya wouldn't fault anyone - not those who chose to avenge their families, not those who fought for their god - whichever god that was, and certainly not Mesec for defending his family.  The little mare's motivations were simply this: protect.  Protect her friends.  Protect her new home.  

This was not a fight she would run from.  
Twice she ran from battles, but not this time.   This time she would stand. 

She did not move from her spot near Mesec's flank as her hazel eyes flitted over the scene unfolding around her.  Najya eyed the shadows spawned by the wolf-god.  While others attacked the wolf directly - these creatures continued undeterred.

When one swings closer, she's instantly on alert - it's as good an opportunity as any.  But in an instant, Mesec disappears - re-engaging with the wolf so much nearer to where the creature is.  Magic.  Handy in a situation such as this.  She takes off in his direction - pushing herself to catch up and assist where she can.  And then he screams.  

It almost freezes her mid-step.  The air leaves her lungs in one big woosh.  But she grits her teeth and pushes harder.  She engages the wolf as Mesec falls - kicking out with both hind legs, trying to land a kick on the shadow-wolf but she's uncertain if hooves with even find purchase on a creature made of shadow.

When she looks back, she's stunned by what she sees.   Not the wolf - but Mesec.  Sprawled on the ground convulsing as if someone was pumping an electric current straight into his heart.  "MESEC!" she screamed.  Her eyes rolled frantically - trying to see if it was the magic of another that was causing such a reaction, but in the chaos it was impossible to ascertain.   Najya knew that Mesec wouldn't be able to defend himself from the shadow-creatures now so the little mare whirled around to face the shadow wolf - doing her best to keep herself between the shadow and her prone friend.  But something has happened.  Because the form sprawled upon the ground isn't the silvery stallion she knows. While doing her best to keep an eye on the wolf, she edges closer to the wolf-creature that was once Mesec, uncertain of what has happened to her friend.  

"Mesec? Are…are you okay?" She asks, quietly, her voice barely audible over the chaos but the concern echoes across the labyrinth.

image credits || HTML by Reli || Tags:

TEAM MESEC/MOONY

Najya watches the scene unfolding.  However as the shadow wolves approach she attacks one by trying to kick it with her hind legs and then stands between it and Mesec as he has a very bad, traumatizing nap and wakes up as a shadowbeast.

Please tag NAJYA in all replies. 
Force & magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
Thank you!
pixel base

Dvorak Posts: 4
Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 hh :: 10
Tamme

Vory decided instantly that he was not liking this purple goddess with the snide attitude. He stiffened at her tone, narrowing the slits of his golden eyes. Who was she to act like this? Still, he remained silent, learning more from listening at this moment than lashing out with the rage rising like a frozen ocean beneath the surface. Apparently she was claiming this land for her own and for this 'Helovia' and the rest of these beings were from this land. All of them appeared healthy and normal, so he was intrigued. Either way, he wanted out of this damn maze of green. He didn't want to have to babysit the princess from these shadows any longer. 

The Goddess sent away a few of her foolish subjects, and he watched with a raised brow, stirring only when a massive force appeared in the distance, his black coat the thing of  horror stories and legends. Vory turned to face the monster, expression turning hard as stone in his anger as white stripes began to appear, sliding up his body and wrapping around his chestnut neck.  At the very least, this Goddess was claiming to protect all of them now, and he was comfortable with those words. He knew enough crude generals who meant well but didn't express it right. 

When the battle began, he was shocked by how many of her subjects turned on her, but he was not going to get involved in that storm. Instead, he lunged forward, solid hooves pounding against the earth as he let free the anger he held toward this monster. Psychotic rage made his golden eyes nearly flash, stripes completely white as he flashed his tail around for balance. There was no sound to his anger. No growl. No yelling. He was white noise, a temper sharp, quick and venomous. 

He wanted this thing to die so he would no longer be watching over his shoulder, running like a western coward. Vory didn't pay attention to anyone else, really. The man was used to fighting alone, battling on his own and stabbing his way to the top with intelligence, wit and cruelty. If everyone else stayed out of his way, he would stay out of theirs, and he used this logic to approach the wolf, aiming for a back leg with his horns. Bracing his neck, he aimed to run straight into the wolf's leg, hoping to catch it with his tough, curled ram's horns. 

ярость

Tandavi The Fire Dancer Posts: 245
World's Edge Nurse atk: 6.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Natraj :: Plain Kitsune :: Fire Charks

tandavi & natraj</style>
</style>

The world is going straight to hell, and she is late, again.

There are figures both familiar and foreign, a flock of dragons who look through judging eyes, a family enraged by injustices suffered in the past. There are lovers and strangers, fathers and sons, and there are infinite opinions, infinite misconceptions, a gaggle of minds mistakenly believing that they possess that most elusive of things: free will.

They feel such anger when their illusions are shattered. Fire Dancer sees them all, soldiers in an infinite war, pit forever as the pawns of the gods, and does not feel rage. She knows more than anyone, perhaps, that they are playthings of deities, children choosing sides in a parental fight but ultimately without agency of their own. Gods are fickle, flighty creatures, but allegiance is made on a basis of belief, the concept of ideals, not the actions of a corrupt leader. Like children they love and hate their parents, swayed by a promise of presents or blood on the wind.

So the copper child believes, for without this belief what would she be? A turncoat, a hypocrite, a child of the moon now agent of the sun, willfully betraying the pain her own family suffered at the whims of her God and the allegiance they felt to another.

As the pattern of disaster begins to unravel, there is no question in her mind as to where she will stand. The Moon is reflected in her golden face and midnight eyes; the Gods of Helovia are flawed, but they are nonetheless hers, and she shall not let them be destroyed.

There are too many figures and so she follows the magic, tracing a familiar trail of fire and gold. How long has it been since she last saw Lace, the closest to a father the girl has known? Too long, her brother softly replies, his shadow dancing neatly at her hooves. He, too, is eager to trace the path of the stallion, to follow his mentor into the fray. Fire Dancer can feel her heart tremble, the sensations of seasons past rising to a tumultuous head; fervently she presses them aside, problems to deal with at another day. She remembers another fight not unlike this one, where magic had been borrowed, suns erupted- where she felt afraid.

She does not feel afraid now. They know what they must do.

Her brother makes the first attack, darting nimbly between oversized legs with tails ablaze and heart aflame. He hopes to burn the canine's paws, or at least to bite them; to unsteady behemoth and topple the beast. The girl halts a length from Lace, distantly aware of her proximity to the Moon, that god whose flower she wears yet whose path she left long ago. Fire Dancer lives in perpetual anxiety that one day the Moon shall exact he revenge- but that does not matter, cannot matter, now. What matters is the magic of the silver stud, magic as familiar to the girl as her own, and the symphony it plays as it winds its way easily into her veins. She harnesses it, wields it, projects it with all of her will and might, shoving fire into the great wolf's face, a miniature sun prime to burst. She hopes that the explosion will singe his eyes, scorch his teeth, blacken his tongue. She hopes her actions will encourage its downfall.

She hopes that Lace is proud, and safe.

"blah blah blah."

image | code

TEAM MOONY
Natraj runs around the wolf's feet, trying to bite them with fire coming out of his tails. Tavi mimics Lace's magic, throwing an exploding miniature sun into the wolf's face. @Lace, @Random Event for bloodfalls herpes

o. pixel pony credit to tamme
o. permission granted to use force and magic on Tavi
o. only tag me in opening posts, please!

Esk Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

let me kiss you in the pouring rain</style>
cause you and I, we were born to die</style>

For the remainder of my (albeit short) life this day would stand out, forever illuminated by a backdrop of exhilarating fear, a flush, muscular memory of yet another event wherein I nearly died.

My entrance into Helovia may have lacked in grace. Indeed, I was fortunate to avoid shattering any bones as I tumbled through a portal and into a world erupting with beautiful, horrifying chaos. I had never heard battle cries, having lived a rather sheltered life until now, but there are some things which are universally recognizable, fear and fury among them. I could feel the bruise blooming where the earth so rudely struck my side, sense the hematoma burst into life beneath the white of my supple hip. Alas, and the last one had only just healed... but no matter. Even in my bewildered state I knew I had bigger problems to deal with than a few burst veins.

I pressed myself onto trembling hooves, actively ignoring the chaos around me in an attempt to find some beacon of sanity. Though the abrupt brush of a hurried figure nearly sent me flying once again, I managed through some miracle to maintain my footing on the grassy (had it always been grassy? So verdant! So green!) loam. What madness was this? Where were the sides, who were the armies, and what was being fought for? I missed quite a lot, it seemed, but that was beyond the point now. Honey eyes studied the bodies that fluttered past like so many moths, drawn to the lamp of power and death. Let them seek the afterlife, I had spent my life running from it. I knew that somewhere in this disarray there must be some soul in possession of the same rationality as me.

And there he was, a dark figure waiting to be found, the beacon of stability in this sea of disrepair. There were far more attractive males in the vicinity, to be sure, but they all seemed quite preoccupied with displaying their testosterone to the fullest extent of their abilities; besides, this one seemed quite sane. With all the elegance I could muster (quite a lot, given the perfectly dreary circumstances) I gathered myself up, setting off in a careful, limping trot toward where the stallion stood at the crest of the battle, his cheerful voice a welcome respite from the deafening din of the masses.

Of course I turned up the helpless damsel act. No need for him to believe I have any idea what is going on, or that he can forsake me in favor of helping some other, more destitute creature. Long black lashes trembled over molten amber eyes, and I let my lower lip quiver with a very real dismay. My hair hung in a luscious mess, and the curves of my voluptuous body trembled, inviting him to take them close and hold them safe. I am lovely. I say this without vanity, for it is a simple fact, an asset to be used for survival- and to be frank, I need all the advantages I can get. "Beg pardon, gentle knight," I asked in trembling, dulcet tones, "I hoped you might elucidate the situation. I'm afraid I do not know where I am, and I have injured myself, and..."

I trailed off, a real tremor disturbing my anxious speech. The more aware of the situation I became, the more astounding it grew in my mind. I blinked back tears, shaking my horns in perplexed disbelief. Surely any moment I would awaken, and find all of this madness nothing more than a dream. Surely.

Team WTF IS GOING ON
Wakes up in the battleground and runs to @Badger, looking for clarification on what is going on

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
The ocean mare had been hoping that the rumors of the impending battle had been just that—rumors, whisperings, and hearsays—with no validities to bring truth to the ghastly words. However, when she catches the sounds of battle once again, her heart quickens in her dread as she canters swiftly to the scene, lead seeming to grow in her bones with each step and weighing down her body when she finally breaches the sparse clearing.

What Tiamat sees makes her heart come to a painful, shuddering halt as it drops into her stomach. It is similar to what she had witnessed in the Blood Falls—their own deity fighting another, masses of others swarming around them, attacking one another and clawing their way to the monstrous Wolf.

It makes her sick to watch such brutality.

“Stop,” the ocean mare chokes out, the plea a dying whisper against her lips, caught and smothered as quickly as it had appeared by the cries of battle. She doesn’t want to see them fighting. There are other ways, there are always other ways, violence is never the answer and in her heart she implores them to see this. She is untested and inexperienced in the ways of the world (a white light in the haunting darkness) and she feels the sadness coil across her features to witness such hate. “Please stop!” She pleads again, a little louder this time, but she knows it is far from enough.

As much as it hurts her heart, Tiamat recognizes there is nothing she can do or say that would end the battle now—the war, the call for blood and the thirst for vengeance. It is too far gone. Inhaling another trembling breath in an attempt to steady herself, the ocean mare musters up her courage again and descends into the warzone, lingering along the fringes (so out of place she feels, in this forest of ferocity and gore).

White eyes, doe-like and wild now in her anxiousness, skirt around the figures, trying to pick out the wounded from the masses. From the ground she picks herbs and sprigs that she recognizes, gathering them in preparation for the trauma she is sure will come.

notes; TEAM GODDESS (technically, she doesn't officially take sides)
Coming upon the battle, Tiamat recognizes there is nothing she can do to stop the violence, so wanders along the fringes of the battle. She collects herbs and searches for the wounded. 
“Speech.”
And at last I see the light.
image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Tatiana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
"IT IS AMAZING HOW COMPLETE IS THE DELUSION THAT BEAUTY IS GOODNESS."
 - LEO TOLSTOY

Enough.

She'd had enough.  She was confused.  She had a headache.  She still didn't know what the hell was going on.  She'd been ripped from her home and landed in this less putrid version version of it.  Now it seemed like a game of pick-a-god-any-god and go for blood seemed to be unfolding.  Magic was flung back and forth towards the wolf-god of the Rift and the purple Goddess who had evidently brought them here. 

It was too much.  Just too much.  The girl closed her eyes and shook her head - wishing it was all a dream and that she was back in her own twisted sanctuary again - looking for that sense of peace that always seemed to evade her.  But the explosions of light that were still visible even with her eyes squeezed shut were more than enough to convince her that such a wish was both feeble and foolish.  

Tatiana was neither of those things. 

Green eyes flicker open and she focuses her attention on the wolf.  The wolf who smelled just like the sick, diseased lands of the Rift.  That was all it took for her anger to ignite.  She would have peace, and she would not have peace while this living disease infected the earth.  Her green eyes grew hard as determination burned in her chest - warring with the innate distaste for conflict she harbored since the death of her family.  She was a healer, not a fighter.  A caretaker.  But this moment called for her to become a soldier.

Watching Dvorak step into action without a second thought was all it took to inspire her.  He was brave.  He was always brave.  And even when, deep down, she was terrified, she could be brave too. 

The gold-tipped antlers were not a weapon equivalent to the magic possessed by so many of the others. But it was all she had.  That and sheer will.  She knew the antlers would wield far more damage than the tiny dagger strapped to her foreleg.  She took a deep breath and lunged with a hardened gaze and gritted teeth - seeking to gorge the wolf with the four sharpened tips of her antlers in one of its most vulnerable places - the ribs.  Magic exploded all around - including a near blinding explosion as Tatiana was only strides away from her target and she braced and leapt for the ribs, hoping that perhaps the beast hadn't seen her coming.  

Tatiana certainly hadn't seen where she was going after the explosion so she could only hope she had hit her mark.   She landed and turned - putting some distance between herself and the wolf, all the while she tried to clear her vision but she staggered - she was still seeing spots after the overwhelming, unexpected light.  "Chyort," she murmured, under her breath, and blinked rapidly to bring the fuzzy images around her into focus. 

TATIANA
image credit || Tags:

chyort = damn

TEAM GODDESS
Tatiana attacks the wolf with her metal-covered antlers by aiming for/lunging for the ribs just after @Tandavi light explosion attack.  As a result, she's experiencing some temporary vision problems post-attack.

Crystarius Posts: 13
Up For Adoption atk: 3.5 | def: 6.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 10 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
armor laced with blood shall reclaim his name

Standing near the outskirts of this particular location and keeping quiet had been perhaps my best move yet. Several had gained the Goddess's ire. One lost her entire tail before being cast away to maker only knows where. Another, was launched backwards nearly twenty feet. Then a third was thrown away, cast in the same direction as the first. A hearty chuckle bubbles within my chest and a smirk plays at the corners of my lips. It is short lived, however. Soon, the shit hits the fan - again. This time, it wasn't massive bear but a massive wolf. Despite how large the creature is; he still isn't quite as large as myself (and I'm not the tallest one here, not by far). The odds appear to be more in our favor than they had with the bear. Yet the bear had fallen. It feels strange to hope, but it's the only thing pulling me through.

I practically salivate for the battle to start. Not because it's the only thing familiar to me but rather, the adrenaline involved has shown to be a worthy distraction for the early withdrawal symptoms for the addiction. It wouldn't be long, though, before even that didn't work anymore. Within seconds of the beginning of the battle, there is a clear division in those fighting. The previous battle, most had attacked the bear with only a few stragglers. This time, several of the natives charged the Goddess, attacking her for crimes she apparently committed in the past.

That is when I see him. The colt from the last battle that ejaculated in the middle of the fight. He's charging a rather unique looking mare, one of the first to charge at the wolf. Standing where I am, the likelihood of me being able to intercept his attack is slim. Especially considering how delayed my reaction has been. My red eyes have simply been watching everything unfold before me. The wolf is fairly covered by now, so I watch. Planning my action. A large stallion moves to attack the colt, a drive-by spearing if he's successful, then joins the crowd attacking the wolf. I loop around the outside of the thick of the battle, attempting to avoid the bursts of magic, then focus in on the colt.

I charge towards him, @Öde, with all the speed I can muster. First, I attempt to throw my bulk into him - to slam my powerful chest into his right hip. Then I pivot so that I'm parallel to him with my head angled away from him. Shifting my weight onto my front hooves, I send a powerful kick towards his right front leg. I aim higher up, hoping to hit either the upper part of his leg or just behind it on his side.

Let's go, kid.

CRYSTARIUS
image credit

TEAM GODDESS
Stands back and watches for a bit before making his move. Notices Öde moving to attack Nuray, and Tembovu attempting to attack Öde. Charges towards them, giving the battle breathing room by circling around. Attempts to slam his chest into Öde's right hip, then pivots and kicks with his rear legs at Öde's front right leg.

Tagging is preferred

Permission for all except death and/or dismemberment
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk
Thranduil

This felt good. Oh so good. And dirty. Like a guilty pleasure. The lavender lady flashes him a smile, and his matches hers as he stands in her guard, watching. It tingled his nerves like a shiver in the cold. Bracing but with undeniable pleasure. Yet being in the shadows did not mean he faded. No, that golden son, he shone and he didn’t give a damn today who saw it. It felt too good to hide. Too right. His brash smirking grin lit his face and he wasn’t trying to hide it. There others coming, ones who should see this side of him. Who should find him on more neutral ground with composed faces and reverend glances. But god damnit he didn’t care! Like a snapping of a twig the binds about his crown broke in this place and company. Here was the golden sun for all to see, and he would be damned if politics restricted him now.

Of course that didn’t mean he was idiotic enough to be completely won over. After all, though she felt like a silk glove, the goddess had the bitter taste of cheap polyester, not to mention the copper stains of her murders still lingered. But somehow the disjunction only made it all the more fun. Of course he looked like her little ribbon, wrapped so tight about her fetlock, but it would be a mistake to take the image for face value. Though he placed himself in her vanguard, the golden was too much of a dark heart to claim unending loyalty. Such a small matter though, and nothing your quick judgmental eyes would notice.

Just because he hung quietly in the shadows did not mean he didn’t fade remember? Sharp mind rolled through those who gathered. The announcement of @Mesec ’s heritage was a curious note. It made the golden chuckle to think of their meeting that day under the tree. Oh how he had retold the story of his own mother’s downfall. The Laurelin had to give him credit, the Nightwind had some skill. Espeically, it seemed when it came to the ladies, he noted, as a fair girl trailed after him. His vanguard, those of the Basin began to come in as well. @Ashamin, the faithful, came beside the golden, gaining him a quick nod and was that a wink? Haldir was most excited by this development as well. Infected by his bonded’s emotions running on overdrive, the dark stag turned and began the playful sport they always picked up. For once the golden didn’t care. He was far too busy watching others come. Rexanna. Rikyn. Ulrik, who’s distance was noted with a one of the few sour glances. A pale mare of the Basin (Eden). Hotaru, who while passively ignored, was noted. Especially given how she stood a distance away. Sialia, who in this mood was awarded a most mischievous grin.

Of course not everyone seemed so happy to be here, and that perhaps was the more humorous parts, especially considering the poor bastards were largely in horrendous shape. Especially when @Ophelia walked out the laughter hissed under his breath. He nodded to her as he caught her eye. “Forsaken….” It teased. She was quick to snap back at him though. But it missed its mark. Flecking off like a dark on steel armor. “Good lord darling, maybe red isn’t your color. Are those from your new identity?”
Perhaps she was getting a little too close to her boyfriend. He smiled back in her the same kind, and noted as several joined beside her.

There were many moving tenderly with sores and it twisted the golden’s face to already smell the coppery lingering of blood. Especially Erthe and Shadow, the pair who had found their way to his doorstep looked horrendous. He hoped they weren’t planning to try and go back to the ice like that. There was also the Dragon Throat section. Like clichés they hung out among themselves, Gaucho, the firey bay he’d met before, the girl he had met in the forest (Ranjiri), and the blue bird Ampere. She especially he didn’t prefer to see him, but perhaps there recent exchange would soothe this image. Not far Aithniel and a very much grown Isopia stood, with the same looks of punished children. With a most wicked satisfaction he foresaw the glimpses of a tide surging up. He always had said that little firebird possessed what she had found, and it pleased him greatly to see it bubbling, barely underneath the surface.

A voice sounds behind him, breaking his scanning of the growing crowd. Crowned head turns back to see a sight that really makes his laugh from deep in that dark chest. The drama queen, Aurelia, was reaching for a few tail hair, with the Good Doctor, D’Art, warning her. It was too late though, and with a wild grin the golden watched the mare flick off without a second thought, in the powers of the Moon. With a flash she turned on others, with the golden watching from his place with a vicious grin. Sialia’s poor expulsion was a bit harsh perhaps, after all, there was in his chest some sense of pity for the dear girl. But he couldn’t bring himself to feel that sorry for her.

The only time his frown dropped in those moments was when @Hotaru ’s name slipped from those lavender lips. His head quickly turns to look upon the Goddess, and there flashed, just for a brief moment, uncontrolled and unhidden (due to the freedom his emotions were playing with at the time), a flame at its tone. It was just a second though and he caught himself. Returning to grin at the sass she threw to the others, very much willing to forget the Lady of the Basin. It was a confining subject. Her shadow pressing him like it did in the cave, and he, like before, always preferred to shove past her, and move back into the light like nothing happened. Because nothing happened right?

There were others who were equally entertaining, and quickly made the golden forget that rather sticky moment. Of course they go to the amusement park without paying the fee now could they? And unfortunately it looked like they did not take group rates.

A voice seeps into the mists of the gathering, and the golden glances to the dark goddess beside him. He follows the conversation, with earth eyes growing sharper, and icey. Not cold and concealed, but shark like ice crystals, a hot cold. A burning freeze. Oh but that smile never falls, it never slips, even if it curls into a smirk. Alright perhaps her overly energetic rallying cry was a dull bore, but by then it didn’t matter. The tension which had bubbled under the eyes of so many released, and the chaos fly like a hurricane. Literally.

---------------------------------------

Everything happened so quickly. Lochan was snatched up from beside Haldir, and the dark stag calls after him, but already in his mind the command. ”Al, tolo” [No, come.] The pained look breaks like cracked glass to reveal the wondrous affection. He was wanted. The golden was not sending him away. He was wanted. Haldir’s large pale eyes stare up at his bonded in amazement, but they find the face turned, scanning the churning tides of bodies, and rising to move. And like a snap to attention he steps forward with an edge never before seen on him. His antlers held for the first time like the weapons they were and chest puffed out proudly as he stepped up beside his bonded.

It was a shame the golden didn’t notice, he might actually have been proud. His mind was a whirl of processing, and as shapes moved, he calculated and moved as well. Adrenaline and hot blood worked faster than Helovia’s best healers to end the ache of his neck. The crowned head snatched back like a flash, unrestricted, and grabbed the black cloak, throwing to his side, where it fell on Haldir’s back. The deer shook the cloak, not liking its constraints and erasure of his proud place. But the golden was on the move. Stepping off at a canter, and the stag was damned if he would be left after such a long desired call to battle.

Roar of battle quickly rose from nothing as many shouted curses and sirens of hate. Some screamed just to scream, and other already cried in agony. But the golden was deaf. His mind sharp as a tack to the coming blades. The Laurelin rushed up from the vanguard of the Goddess, head lowered. But there was a figure sweeping up beside him, pink and small (@Mirabella). Connections jump off and fly. It had been by Hotaru. The herd meeting. Her daughter. Racing towards the goddess. With shouts and purpose fueled by hate. Teeth ground and head tossed up high to draw off the blood thirsting blades. Yet the golden stays his course, and the strong, sharp shoulder leans out, aiming for her young frame. He did it without thinking. In the throes of battle where time and thought are of little place. Where half feelings, and confusion don’t belong. He aimed to shove the girl from harm, but not for her sake. No time to think, no time to pause. Another second and he’s passed her.

As head rolls back around from his toss up his lips whisper under the heavy breath and still ever wide grin. “Anduil.” It snapped sharp and a silver line extended with electric speed encasing his body. But it fit like a glove, a well-loved worked in glove. His prized armor, his precious, flashing in the dark scene. Shadows and roars rose above just as he came before the Goddess. He knows that voice.

@Aithniel. It was too short and quick to pause and reflect, but oh if he had the sheer joy that would ripple through him. There was no doubt now, she knew her power and she possessed it. It sends shivers down his spin, and a wider grin on his lips. Hinds bend under him, sending cloven hooves digging into the soft earth as his slides to a halt, throwing his armored head up in time to see a raging fire ball light and scream towards him. Another roar was rising in his ears (Hotaru’s hurricane magic), but he was too focused. Teeth grab at his collar and unclick a stone ( A MOON AMULET: used to capture Aithniel’s magic), coming back to face it to the flame, praying its dark depths felt the need to protect its master.

Quick as he had held it up the golden tilts his head and flung it (hey maybe throwing his crap around in his cave in rage did help) in the direction of the howls and roars of wolves. (Shoots Aithniel’s captured magic at the wolf). As head turns back forward and passes where the flame came from he lets loose his roaring laughter of a voice. “Your aim’s off Aithniel!” Had he been burned? Did the flame make it? Could he even be heard? It was too fast, to chaotic to tell. Honestly he was in too good a mood to even notice. As his eyes leave Aithniel they fall back to his target, but she’s gone. Harks pin back as a roar of wind and shaking of earth begin to throw him in more confusion. And pausing his steps for a second, though it seemed an eternity in battle.

It was getting to be too much, and he turned to call upon Haldir’s powers. But the moment catches a glimps of white and the golden’s grimace turns to a smile. “Iuitho angol bo Ophelia. Avorn!” [Use magic on Ophelia. Fast!] The hidden deer heard, and moved. He had been clinging to the side of his bonded. He wanted to be brave. Oh how he wanted to set forth the with the golden on the heels of flaming war, but the fire from above and the rising howls of agony cowed him. And he had shrunk under his hidden place. But now. Now he was called. And it, like shot of caffeine at midnight surged through him. He was needed. He was powerful. The golden was not afraid. He would not be afraid. Slipping round the back of the gold the deer tears off into the throws of battle, spying a flickering from of the previous lady. The raging winds (of Hotaru’s storm) tore from his face the black cloak, revealing the proud charging deer. Already his hooves began to smoke, and a cloud followed him. His powers having grown strong since the first appeared and he slides to a halt as he comes close, shutting his eyes in concentration as he lets his power radiate in full strength through is body.

The golden’s leg spread wide to balance over the tremors, and as his gaze leaves where it had glanced at Ophelia he finds the source. A massive dark figure, one he knew only from the invasion (@Archibald) was charging, with several at his side. Teeth bore and harks pinned. Now came his specialty, close combat and blades. In a movement of battle grace he reaches down and pulls a leather wrapped poll from his leg guard. As his head rises up his mouth twists it, teeth hitting the trigger and blades sing out with threat from either end. His head keeps rising with the unleased weapon, twisting and contorting in practiced form. Of course these were not stationary pines, and the likely hood and a hit was terribly low in the chaos. Legs moved him forward, and head struck back down on any manner of dark flesh he saw pass him (Archibald, @Ktulu, @Knox by accident).

Haldir was having an equally terrible time. He had slid to a halt, with eyes closed, pulling on every string of concentration and power he could muster. But he was not the golden. And his weaknesses were greater and stronger. Sounds begin to invade and break his concentration. First a clicking and ticking whirls past his ear (@Ulrik’s scorpion). They fall back to find its source but not before a blood curdling scream, sharper and more painful than any yet in battle, roars over the field. The stag cringes and antlered head tosses, shaking. His pale eyes find the crippled form of MESEC morphing, growing. His eyes widen and heart now falters, pitter patting unevenly in his chest to see the great beast rise.

The golden charged through the chaos, and as his pole arm flashed and legs moved into the thick of the fray it was only a matter of time. The spikes in his collar were ready, waiting only for the collision of impact to send them into the tender flesh. That is, if someone else’s weapons do not find him first. But as he charges with fire in his eyes and a maniacal smile on his lips, a strike, like a hammer on a metal pipe shakes the bond linking his soul to his stag’s. Head turns from his targets and lowered bearing, locking on through the swirl of masses to a small half visible figure. “HALDIR!” But the shout was lost, like all things to the chaos of battle.

OOC :: Ok, I will explain this best I can, and obviously it is all loose and open for dice. I made sure.

Thranduil stands beside the Goddess opposite of Archibald's group.
At the start of battle he throws his invisibility cloak on Haldir and runs to go in front of the Goddess to Ophelia.
He sees Mirabella coming and tries to move his horns out of the way but also to shove her back away from the Goddess.
He calls out his armor, and as he comes in front of the Goddess, seeing Aithniel's fireball. He attempts to catch it in a moon amulet on his collar, and then throw the amulet at the wolf figures. He doesn't know if he is burned/if it worked/ect.
He sees Ophelia's flickering form and sends Haldir with dark mist to cloud her emotions.
Thranduil is frozen by Archibald's ground shaking magic, but uses it to pull out his double bladed polearm and start slicing anything near him, aiming for Archibald but yeah anyone (Ktulu, Knox). It is possible he also runs into someone with the spikes on his collar.
Haldir is creating his dark mists to cloud Ophelia and anyone else's emotions, and gets the scorpion thrown at him. He is distracted by Mesec's transformation, which as frozen him. (Open to Mesec attack, scorpion distraction, etc).
Thranduil senses this and hollers out his name.

Any questions please ask! I mentioned lots of people but only tagged ones referenced in detail, near, or spoken to.
"Speech"

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the waterspout.
Down came the rain
and washed the spider out.
Image credit.

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
An instance of momentary BFB relief occurs but no infected seem close enough to feel it's effects.

Enna remains non-infected.

Atheris Posts: N/A
Unregistered
A T H E R I S

I’d thought living under the rule of the Mad God had been chaos, and it had, in its own way. But that had been subtle, patient chaos that waited a long time before it revealed itself to me. This chaos. It was different. Everything seemed to happen in distorted, choppy scenes like I was displaced from it, a mere member of the audience watching it all unfold. My head is splitting and my vision shuffles through a myriad of lenses – clear, blurry, dark – it can’t seem to pick just one. I don’t know how I got here or who all these others are. I think I’m still in the labyrinth but it looks distinctly different and I’m not sure if it’s me or the roiling crowd of strangers that makes it seem so.

And then there’s this mare and even through my haze I hear multiple references to her as a goddess but I can’t tell if the word is meant to revere her by the way it falls out of some mouths like a curse. From my position on the fringes I observe her and I know she’s not a goddess from the Rift. I’ve just about had it with all forms of deities no matter the land they come from – they’ve done nothing for me except push me around their playing board like a pawn. Even though she’s not from the Rift, this goddess doesn’t seem so different from the Mad God that made me. I hear numerous accusations from the crowd of the murders this she-god has committed and I’m taken back to the years I spent under the thumb of someone like her. I wonder darkly if she had the courage to kill her victims herself or if she, too, had manipulated the likes of someone like me into handling her dirty work.

The goddess seems disinterested in redeeming herself as she attacks a handful of her accusers, throwing them away or burning the hair from their bodies. I’m instantly filled with hatred toward her and I wonder what it might be like to sink my teeth into her throat in the way I never could with the Mad God. I’ve inched closer to her, relying on the distraction of the crowd to keep me covered and filled with the intent of tearing into this goddess. And then my stomach drops like a rock and a familiar sense of dark, ill dread consumes me. A grotesque wolf-like monster emerges and I can recognize the familiar stench of dark Rift god magic all over him. He engages the goddess and I hope to see them tear one another apart but just as quickly as the mutated canine lunged so, too, does the rest of the crowd.

It’s chaos, plain and simple. Everyone seems to fight for something different – the wolf-god, the murderous goddess, themselves, pure anarchy. I trust no deity and the goddess reminds me so much of the Mad God that I can’t help but hate her but I know that the wolf must die if I truly want to escape the Rift. I see a white, antlered mare who seems to hail from the Rift lunge in toward the wolf and I follow suit. I’ve killed dozens before and yet I feel out of place and out of touch in this battle. As she lunges in toward his ribs, I’m aiming my jaws for his hamstring, and I’m suddenly hungry to snap shut on his sick flesh and feel it rip beneath my teeth.

And then as quickly as I’d lunged in I fell back into the mad crowd, suddenly drawn paralyzed by the unfortunate tremors in my muscles. I cursed the Mad God that had made me and the wolf God that wouldn’t let any of us go. And through the crowd I searched for the goddess I didn’t know and I cursed her too. 

TEAM ANTI-GODS: pretty much wants both the gods to die but she followed @Tatiana into the fray and attempted to bite down on one of the wolf god's hamstrings and hopefully do some sort of meaningful damage.

Nonspecific mentions of the anti-moon goddess crew & because she's unhelpful at the end of the post she went into paralyzing spasms bc she has real issues. Any force/damage permitted against her, especially while in this vulnerable state.

Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

i am the vanguard of your destruction
It was an exquisite kind of mayhem. It was.. baffling. It...

Well, fuck.

There you had the Moon in all her glory—the one who had taken so much from Helovia, and offered so little in ways of explanation. The one who seemed so fickle. The one who had used her magics in an attempt to feed on his fears and bend his soul to her will. Someone he had admired (worshiped), and then, slowly, grown to hate.

But then the hate had turned cold. And what was left was tired, cold rationality.

Hadn't he said it to them, when Hototo had given his life for them? (Or had he just thought it?)

The dead are dead.

Vengeance is the coward's justice. A hollow kind of retribution that leaves you just as empty as before—and those you loved just as dead.

Gods, everyone was so fucking stupid, thinking with their hearts and running with the high-fire of their impulses.

Bleeding.

(He can still hear her in the cavern, lightning blasting the place to bits; he can still hear her crying, the raw strength of her grief.)

"Idiots," he snarled, knowing well how many he condemned; some he saw, some he knew, some he neither saw nor knew. But what could he do? What could he do, to stop a throng of angry mourners from attempting to murder the goddess he had no particular like of? Why should he risk himself for her—the one who had so carelessly, so blatantly, threatened him in his own home?

If you are so powerful—

But Gods can die. They all knew that, now.

Diego circled. Irma stretched her tired wings and soared up, too.

Someone shouted, pleading in Hototo's name for them to stop. Ampere, the stupid mare who had yelled at him about his owls, looked on the verge of being swarmed. He couldn't decide who she had been fighting for, anyway.

The wolf was being swarmed, too. "Be safe," he mouthed at the shapes of Tembovu and Nyx. Then..

Then, it was time to act.

But he was passionless, charging into the fray with a tired sigh instead of a bellow of rage—careening carelessly towards the group swarming the Goddess.

Look at me, you fucking bitch, I'm coming to your rescue—

But I doubt you need it—

Ugh.

He didn't want her thanks, though; didn't want her honors; didn't want anything from her. It was just the bitterness in his blood whispering.

Someone else—some golden boy—was slashing at anyone who came near, and Mauja picked the other side of the shady goddess, trying to shoulder anyone near her aside.

"FOOLS!" His voice was a practiced roar, rolling out like thunder across the fray, eyes snapping this way and that for an attack. "Still your rage! There is nothing for you here—the grief you carry lies within your hearts, and it will stay there until it has bled out in all your tears!" I have lost at her hands, too. "Revenge solves nothing. Her death would solve nothing.

"Those we loved will still be dead."

Well, that was what he wanted to say, anyway—question is, would they let him finish, or attempt to run him through first?

So please get a fucking grip and stop trying to upset the precious, delicate balance of Helovia's celestial life, please and thank you. There are more important things you should focus on, like, oh, I don't know, A GIANT FUCKING WOLF THAT WILL GORGE ON YOUR SOUL IF YOU LET IT LIVE?????

Priorities.

But then even his dispassionate passion began to grow cold in the dark mists.

[ TEAM LOL THEY WILL STAY DEAD AKA MOONY
Stays far away from the mad Thranduil swings, but does his best to shield the Moon goddess with his own body. @Random Event because herpes. ]
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

... And again, it all began with the arriving of demonic Rifters.
— And in spontaneous grudge she did a step back as another God appeared; ill looking, as much as the previous in the mighty shape of a wolf. “THEY. ARE. MINE."

Then take them, she thought as she gritted her teeth, but as she had heard the song before, she knew what was coming now. Only this time the chaos was  greater than she had ever expected. It all seemed to escalate into chaos and destruction as horses began fighting each other; for, in their eyes, the Moon Goddess had turned out as much as a foe as the Wolf God was — somehow. In her own eyes grew bewilderment. She knew the Goddess hadn’t always been fair against some of these hurt individuals, but she was still their Goddess and the diviner could not comprehend why they did not realize her importance and their own insignificance.

Her wounds hurt and her boils itched. Nevertheless she knew that her guidance would be needed through this turbulence created by confusion and grudge. They had the benefit of knowing what could happen. They had seen this kind of Fallen God before, fought it; and the god had rotten in his puddle of ill and sickness to his death before her very eyes. And she thought, spoke to herself in the secret of silence, that he had not been a true God - and, as she stepped forward into the imaginary circle of deranged horses and lawless attitudes. She watched some run into battle to fight the Wolf God, and after another moment of doubt, she knew he was no better than the one from before. He, too, would fall from his tower made of pure-white glory into the thorns of oblivion and forgetfulness.

And, with her mists curling, cringing and dancing - mixing into that what was already there, she the priestess, charged at those fighting against a goddess that had once darkened their world. But around them there was perhaps even more disarray and she couldn’t help grit her teeth and frown in frustration. She saw Ampere fighting another of their kind (which she did not understand) — saw Cera dropping down to attack the Moon Goddess and another one of the Demi-God (she remembered from the Dragon-crash) doing the same. She did not care who they were, for what they were doing made no sense.

Charged at no enemy but the confusion of the battlefield, she turned her head to the shouting of one she knew. The oh so silent King of Fireflies; calling them fools — and she agreed and she did not know what would happen after this was all over — and worry fell over her. "NOH."Maren had seen what the Goddess did when her wrath was triggered - or not seen; for they still did not know where the missing horses had disappeared to. So she did the only thing she could think of to perhaps protect them from themselves. Maren let her mists rise up into the air above the goddess, forming a layer of cloud, attempting to blind those attacking from above. She cared too much about Cera to not stop him from letting his emotions trip him into the hole of oblivion, too. For wherever he was, he might still be curable. "Get your priorities straight, Cera!" she screamed, begged in frustration for her attempt to reach him, hopefully in time. She threw a quick, perplexed and puzzled shrug to Mauja as a sign of perhaps kind of agreement on their current idiotic position. 

Talking
Notes:

image credits

TEAM ANTI-RIFT-MOON-GODDESS
CONTEST WINNER
Mentions: Cera, Aithniel, Ampere, Mauja and the Moon Goddes. Also Random Event for the boils.
Summary: Attempts to protect the Moon Goddes from potential air-attacks (from Cera and Aithniel) by creating a cloud of mist above the Goddess. Stands near the Moon Goddess and Mauja.

@[Random Event]
@[Cera]
@[Mauja]
Please tag me 

Lothíriel Posts: 37
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hands :: 4 years of age HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Thingol :: Raven :: None krazie

So many feet never bode well, Lothíriel thinks, wandering along bamboo-lined paths, a train of little blooms sprouting in her wake. She cannot see who they belong to, but she feels the vibrations, the rumble, the cacophony of their voices. Who they are is unclear, for she cannot see anything beyond the damned greenery, but she chooses to follow them anyway, biting back uneasiness in favor of adventure's promise. Lush grass parts beneath her split hooves as she moves through the maze—first at a brisk walk, then a trot, then a rolling canter, her black ears pricked and eyes bright. After quite a while of navigating through the bamboo, the voices grow increasingly louder, and their general tone is enraged. She cannot distinguish their words, but once she sees the angry body, the roan girl understands. For the first time, she witnesses one of Helovia's gods, an elegant dark woman with ghostly pale eyes. She pauses at the group's fringe, recognizing the forms and colors of certain individuals. However, she forgets about them when a deathly cold whisper thrums in the very core of her being. Lilac eyes widen; her heart-rate quickens in her chest. The goddess shouts, but Lothíriel cannot understand who she addresses. Her questions are answered however, when a great wolf seemingly springs from a shadow before the goddess, spittle flinging from his snarling lips. When the slaver lands, it promptly kills a flower.

Lothíriel gasps.

He must be felled. 

After a moment of contemplation, the slender girl launches herself into the throng. Muscles ripple beneath her sterling hide, and her moonspun mane thrums against her neck to the rhythm of her determined strides. She runs in the direction of the goddess and the wolf, carefully avoiding gnashing teeth and stray magic. So many bodies crowd around the pair already, and Lothíriel attempts to dodge them nimbly, ears clinging to her poll as she points her horn towards the wolf. The ground begins to tremble beneath her hooves, and she struggles to continue her trajectory, muscles straining against what is surely magic.

Once she finds an opening, Lothíriel lunges at the wolf, forelegs tucked neatly against her chest. She aims her horn at the hip closest to her. ""

and when you're gone, will they love you the same?

~TEAM MOON GODDESS~
Tries to stab at the wolf's hip with her horn.