the Rift

[OPEN] Was this the right way? [Joining]

Calypso Posts: 29
Outcast atk: 7.0 | def: 10.0 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Three Years (Ages in FrostFall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Daenerys :: Royal Cerndyr :: Starpast & Lamplight Emily
C
A
L
Y
P
S
O

So the mare I had met in what I later found out was the Threshold had been of no real help. Well, other than giving me a direction to go. So instead Dae and I wandered for a while. Okay a while is an understatement. We wandered until BirdSong arrived. It's only then that I decide that it's probably the best for us to find somewhere to call home. I grow tired of watching over our backs for any sign on danger. I am grateful however that it seems I was not followed. I miss my twin brother terribly, but I am sure he is fine. One of those, twin things I guess. Without having to have powers I just knew he was okay. Or well, alive at least.

So anyway, today finds us trudging slightly north. I've been heading west for so long I don't know how far into Helovia I have gone. I hope I will end up near a herd here soon.... Oh what's this? My hoof kicks into a bit of glass. I stop, startled by the sound it made.
Dae makes a noise, her emotions and mine running wild with fear and curiosity.

The young fawn steps forward from my side, her own little hooves making soft sounds against the broken glass. I wonder if this might be the outskirts of a herd. Hello? Is anyone out there? I call out, hoping it wouldn't attract the wrong attention. I am powerless here, unlike back home... Not to mention there is little Dae to think about. If someone causes trouble, you run. I'll find you... I can't let you get hurt. Her emotions protest, but I know she will listen. She knows how much she means to me in this strange place.

Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.

Image Credit
[Image: 5572cb03a0a6c]

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
tembovu
Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.
Large ears twitch, did he hear something? The large elephant had been plodding along through the forests, searching for herd members or anything of interest. He slowly skating along the glass wall, meandering closely then further from it. But he had found nothing.

Until he came upon a nervous antlered mare. Her uncertain gait and inquiring gaze gave her away as a newcomer to the Edge. He had begun the recognize the difference between those of the Edge and those not by their approach to the wall.

The mare was eye catching, to be certain, but it was the little fawn beside her that captivated his attention. “Hello, I am Tembovu,” he gives a quick smile to the lovely mare. Then he drops his great head down to the level of the young Cerndyr, “Why hello there, little one. Who might you be?” his deep voice rumbles gently. His face is etched with kind interest, and though he speaks to the fawn, his question is directed to both newcomers.

The elephant has a soft spot for foals- or young creatures in general. Despite his large size and war-hardened body, his heart was soft for youngsters. So the smile that painted the corners of his thick mouth was genuine, and his deep blue eyes danced. He had had his own foal ripped from him far to early in life- so being around children of any kind delighted him. Blowing out a soft and warm breath, he slowly raised his head to look at the mare once again, “How can I help you and your young companion?” He cocked a hind leg, for he found that relaxing himself often made others more at ease.
Image|Table

@Calypso sorry for the wait! <3

Please tag Tembovu.
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
He hid within the shadows.

There was something comforting in watching Tembovu, and the way he seemed to be everywhere. Nothing seemed to miss the gargantuan stallion's attention, and often Mauja found himself beaten to whatever was going on by him, despite having the advantage of two owls ranging the skies for him. Last time he had ruled here, he had had nothing to rely upon except intuition, which had served him well enough. This time.. nothing seemed beyond the reach of the owls, and in a way, it calmed him. If someone came for them, he would know.

On the other hand, it was a stark reminder of how worried he was about the whole Lace thing. Frankly, pummeling him had been a great satisfaction, but if the gray hadn't been his enemy then, he probably was now, and Mauja knew the ways of Helovia—throw some shady light on someone, and you had everyone at your door.

What he worried about was waking up to an army advancing on him, led by Lace or one of his associates (he was bound to get some, with all his talk of the Edge being 'his home'), and telling himself that if it happened it happened couldn't quite get rid of his anxiety.

So Tembovu was a relief. A lone mare with a young Cerndyr was a relief, too. Mauja shook his head in the shadows, white mane rippling with the motion. Fuck the world. Fuck armies. Fuck war. Mauja wouldn't apologize for what he'd done.

Well, unless he had been legitimately stupid.

Still silent, he remained in the shadows.
lord, the demands you're making-
help the monster on two feet
walk him down the hall, repeat
and when he's strong enough to stand alone
you'll notice what big teeth . . .
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Three Years (Ages in FrostFall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
C
A
L
Y
P
S
O

“Hello, I am Tembovu,” I nearly jump out of my skin at the voice of another. I had been looking down at Dae at the time and not listening for anyone to come to us. My antlered head jerks around and my turquoise eye widen as they settle on the knight. He... Was huge. At least a good three hands taller than me if not more. Hesitantly I take a step back as he comes forward and drops his head down to speak to Dae. I debate between stepping between him and her, and fleeing. It's only his calm voice that keeps me from running off. “Why hello there, little one. Who might you be?” Dae looks at him with a simple tilt of her head.

I wait until he lifts his head and speaks to me again before I finally, my voice trembling. M-my name is Calypso, and this is Daenerys. We're new to Helovia... And need a place to stay... My eyes look to Dae, full of concern. It was for her, for her safety that I was seeking shelter. I shift nervously, just because of his size. It was big males like him.... No... No no no. This is not home. This is a new start. I gaze around, trying to hide my nervousness. I needed to get in here. I needed a safe place to stay. Something about this place already screamed that I was home... I just needed someone to tell me I could...

Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.

Image Credit

@Tembovu

tembovu
The mist was forever playing with the eyes. Was it thicker over there? He couldn’t be certain. And, instead of staring and trying to pry the truth from the mist’s grasps, he turned his attention back to the clearly concerned woman. Her voice quaking in response to his hefty size.

So he smiles lopsidedly, further wiling his body to relax in hopes that Calypso would do the same. He nodded at the end of her words, watching her carefully and kindly. She was jumpy, protective of the fawn, and needed a home. She watched everywhere, but never left her gaze in one spot too long.

He had felt the same way once— fleeing to Helovia. Was this mare being chased? He flicked his ears towards her, wondering. At her nervous shifts, he felt the need to respond to her, “Rest easy, Calypso. You’ve come to the World’s Edge, and I believe we’d be happy to offer you a new home,” he smiles, though still watching the mare closely, “You too, Daenerys,” his winks at the fawn. Though the doeling might not be abel to understand him, he still felt the need to include the youngster in the conversation.

He shifts his massive weight, indicating with a bob of his head that the mare should follow him across the border, “Is there a reason you sought out the Edge, Calypso? Are you running from something?” The questions were non-sequitur, but somehow came with the easy art of conversation as his deep voice calmly rumbled back to the mare and her companion.
Image|Table

@Calypso

Please tag Tembovu.

C
A
L
Y
P
S
O

“Rest easy, Calypso. You’ve come to the World’s Edge, and I believe we’d be happy to offer you a new home,” I sigh with relief. Finally, a home. The first real place to belong since my home had been so cruelly taken away. I am only hopeful that my twin will see reason before getting harmed and come looking for me. “You too, Daenerys,” I smiled warmly at his words to the little one who clung to my side. Thank you. That mean more to me than I think you will ever realize. I wasn't going to tell him the details. He may now be a herd mate, but I barely know him. Maybe in time.... Dae bleats softly, hearing her name but I can tell from her emotions she does not fully understand. We are safe, we are home. I tell her with my thoughts. She steps forward, wanting to bound off but not wanting to leave me.

It's the stallion's voice that brings me back out of my thought. “Is there a reason you sought out the Edge, Calypso? Are you running from something?” I sigh softly. Well, I might as well spill some of it... Just in case. I am not running from something.... As much as several someone's.... It's a long story that goes back before I and Dae arrived in Helovia. I stop. I will go on if I need to but I really don't want to admit i'm a princess to someone I just met. Someone who smelled of these lands approached me when I first arrived... I believe she said her name was Alysanne... Something must of drawn her away as we did not get to talk long. I just hoped that maybe this was her home and that it could be mine too. Hopefully that will be enough. If not, I will say more.... But I really don't want to.

(Neo feel free to jump back in when you have time <3)
Image Credit

@Tembovu

tembovu
He looks at her closely as she thanks him. “I know the meaning of a home better than most, Calypso,” he says, voice strangely quiet, “But you are quite welcome,” he says simply. He turns, leading the eager doe and gracious unicorn into the Edge. Luckily they walk through a place that he had mostly cleaned of glass. He smiles to himself with satisfaction. Not long ago, this area would have been covered in razor-sharp shards. But no longer.

His ears turn towards her as they walk and she answers his question. Though his curiosity (and need to protect the fawn) is piqued, the way she stops her explanation so abruptly does not invite further questioning. So the great stallion does not pry into her past. The Edge is a place of futures. So that is what they will focus on.

He was surprised that Alysanne, the good doctor, had not been able to lead the duo home from the Threshold. “Alysanne is one of our Moon Doctors. Perhaps she was called away for healing. There has been much need of that since Helovia’s boarders have been expanding,” he says by way of explanation and conversation. They pass through the blooming trees of Birdsong. The air is pleasant, the mist billowing in the breeze.

He pauses as they break through the trees. Glancing uncertainly around, his deep blue gaze comes to rest on Calypso. “Welcome to the Edge, Calypso. I can take you to our token cliffs, if you’d like? Or point you in the direction of our healers, spies, seers, or warriors? If you are interested in crafting, I’m the one you’d seek out,” he pauses, realizing he is inundating the mare with choices. She was already nervous. He sighs at himself, “Of course you may just rest in the safety of our lands for the time being. It is entirely up to you,” he smiles, deep voice soothing and rolling in the pleasantness of the day.
Image|Table

ooc| I wasn't sure if I should post or not... And I had muse for a short post... so i did XD

Please tag Tembovu.
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
He had found that things often changed around him—words and voices, looks and bodies, the silent language of the world shifting like the flow of a current. Either his presence inspired a sense of safety, of comfort, or one of awe, fear, or loathing. Whatever he would inspire here, today, would change the scene irrevocably once he stepped out of his shelter. And that was the reason he lingered where he was, uncertain of if his presence would scare her off, or lure her deeper into their fog. In silence, he shifted. He shouldn't be there—shouldn't be watching, shouldn't be listening, hidden in the safe embrace of the mist. He was privy to something private, an interaction between two others. Something he had nothing to do with.

And yet he couldn't move away, held down and chained in place by the gentle ebb and flow of their voices. He heard—he saw—how the steady cadence of Tembovu's voice soothed her fear, how his steadfast reassurance planted seeds of hope and future in her soul. Mauja's blue eyes turned away from them. If he showed himself, would that change? Would his penchant for wrecking things destroy her fragile hope?

He felt like a ghost in his own home, a specter in the fog, a haunter—the chill creeping down your spine at night, the lonesome night-song of a wolf... It was all him, the blue sorrow in his eyes, and with a heavy heart he turned his gaze aside again. What was he doing, prying into the lives of others? What was he doing, thinking he rather liked being a ghost—seeing these precious moments, these shifts in a timeline, without altering them with his presence?

And as the pair wandered away into the Edge Mauja found himself following, trailing in their wake, the mist swirling around his entire frame. Stop, he whispered to himself, but there was no stopping. And soon, he knew that his ruse would fail, his cover would be blown, and that moment which he dreaded—the moment when he altered the course of the future—would come to pass.

And at times, as their ghost haunted them, the fog thinned to reveal the frost-wraith in its white embrace—pristine and frigidly pale, with icy eyes glazed over by distance and pain.

[ @Calypso @Tembovu ]
lord, the demands you're making-
help the monster on two feet
walk him down the hall, repeat
and when he's strong enough to stand alone
you'll notice what big teeth . . .
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here