Kou Posts: 93
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 :: 4
ali
anyone who wants to show up is welcome c:
also, this is after d'art had been stolen, but pre invasion

[Image: koutable.png]
Kou

She was alone. Completely and utterly alone in the middle of the Edge's forest when the contractions had begun. They were faint at first and the mare had chalked them up to little more than the foal she was carrying shifting and kicking in the womb, but they gradually grew in intensity. Some of them left her out of breath with the strain of not crying out while others left her feeling like she was being ripped apart from the inside out. Was this what motherhood was all about? Pain and anguish? She wished that d'Artagnan was there even if he wouldn't have been able to help with the birth at least his very presence would offer comfort and security.

It was quiet except for her gasps and heavy breathing as she pushed to expel the foal from her womb. Progress was slow and painful as ever as her body was pushed to its breaking point. Kou shut her eyes tightly and pressed on despite the pain that came with motherhood and after what felt like an entire day the foal slid free from her body and lay in a heap of long tangled legs behind her. The mare rocked her body so she could sit up a bit and craned her neck around to look at the dark filly that lay in the grass.

The pale mare forced herself onto weak legs and turned. A quick survey of the area around her showed that she was alone to celebrate the birth of her first child. It would not be the case had the Throat not taken her Doctor from her. Kou lowered her head and nuzzled her daughter, murmuring quietly and lovingly to her. "Aviya..." Her tongue swiped over the small, shaking foal as she began the process of cleaning her.

colourize-stock @ deviantart | prints-of-stock @ deviantart | edlo @ deviantart

Aviya Posts: 59
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Time
Warmth.

I am safe in this dark place. I am warm, cradled in the womb of my mother. Her voice, I hear it everyday now, is such a comfort. Her words make me move, turn my head and stretch in excitement. I am secure, nothing can bring me harm in the protection of this warm place.

Disturbance.

I start moving, my legs stretching even farther than they have before, my neck craning to go flat. I am being pulled from my warm place! No! I am not ready to go! Surely I can stay, I like it in here. My mother makes noises foreign to my fishbowl hearing. I am scared for her. Why is this happening? I do not like this.

Cold.

My body falls to the ground. I am instantly uncomfortable, a sensation creeping over me and bringing new things to my life. I am cold, no longer is there a protecting warmth around me. My eyes flutter and then open, blinking strategically to adjust to the new light. I am not sure of this world--I want the safety of my dark home. My ears flick back and forth as something touches me. I turn my head, a hard struggle, and I feel tired. I know the voice as it speaks, it is my mother. She told me so, whispering so many things to me when I was in my home. Instantly I am calm as she cleans my body.

I look at her, a blurry, pale figure standing high above me. She is huge! I am not intimidated by her size, I am merely comforted by it. I remember the feeling of my dark home now transpiring into my mother. She is my warmth, my dark place. I want to be near her. Shakily I move. My body parts seem foreign, aliens attached to me. They are moving. My hooves push on the ground. I am up! I am standing!

Thud.

Just kidding. I am back on the ground again. Something inside me stirs, a stubborn dedication, and I move again. My legs are not as shaky now as I stand, pushing my back to the sky. My head stays close to the ground as I stand next to my mother, unbalanced. Carefully I look up to her with blue eyes to match her's, waiting for an answer.

Tamlin Posts: 40
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 2 years
Rover
Bored! Tamlin kicked a stick and a little rock. Stupid father! Forbidding me to play by the stupid edge, which was the only fun place in this stupid word. He kicked another rock. Stupid rocks, always in the way. Never fun to play with. The prince sighed and muttered something under his breath. Stupid rules!

His sensitive nostrils then picked up the smell of Kou and his little ears pricked up. I wonder if she is even fatter now. Tamlin thought and started trotting towards the source of the scent. His frosted mane had begun falling to the side now and his tail wasn’t just a fluffy ball anymore. Even his horn had grown a bit, but it was still more like a bump than a horn since he wasn’t weaned yet.

As he trotted he thought about his dam, he had been wondering for a while if she too had found the clover Kou had been speaking of because her dark belly had been swollen for a while now. He decided to ask the pale mare, when he got to her, if she’d seen Lotus by the clover-place.

He arrived at the very last minutes of Kou’s birthing and the little prince stopped dead in his tracks. His little body was hidden in the shadows between some thick trees and what he saw from his hiding place turned his stomach inside out. His dual colored eyes widened along with his nostrils and a wave of horror compelled him to almost sit down on his haunches. He watched the dark bundle of fur that lay on the ground and then he realized… Kou hadn’t been eating clover?!

Afraid that the pale mare would eat him too Tamlin turned to flee. At the back of his mind he had a gnawing fear that his mother also had eaten a foal. What was wrong with them?!

Daddy, daddy. Help me, mare’s are crazy!

[Ooc; Anyone is welcome to get in Tamlin's way before he can escape ;D]

he sows in blood

Permission to use violence and magic against Tamlin at all times granted
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

Striking mights and maybes even more

A useless thing called life

It's a biting cold again

It ought to be time for her soon - the pale Nurse, her abdomen swollen with child. d'Artagnan's child. His friend's child. His friend, who was imprisoned in the Dragon's Throat, torn from their herd when they'd - foolishly - turned a blind eye. The Doctor was a soldier as well, and perhaps it had been stupid of Mauja to believe that he could deal with ambushes. They'd had a few skirmished, and that green hound had come frequently for his own spotted hide, but he'd always driven her off; this abduction smelled of something else, of something vaguely familiar. Feathers and sand still, but not Xira's. In case of war, they were vulnerable without the doctor, having no one to patch them up afterwards - but there were more reasons to be irked by his disappearance. Kou was due to give birth any time now, and Mauja sorely missed his red-hued friend. It was one of the few horses he felt like he would be able to relax around, and let his guard down.. be himself, no secrets, no shields of ice just beneath his skin.

He heard the echoes of pained cries. He recognized the timber, the sound, though had never heard them in her voice before. Kou. The foal must be due, then. Heavy-hearted that the doctor couldn't be here to see it, Mauja altered his path to bring it to the newly made mother. No need to rush. Birth took a little while, and he didn't want to intrude and stare awkwardly. Giving his head a small shake, he instead made a point of sampling the air. No predators lurked, but his son was there, somewhere. But not Lotus.

Time passed, and eventually the cries ceased. Mauja was even closer now, coming roughly from where Tamlin had, and just as he caught sight of them all - a snow-flecked rump, Kou's pale shape - Tamlin began to back away. Standing there, stoic, unfazed, Mauja merely arched a 'brow at him when he spun. "You look like you've seen the devil, kid," he said dryly, not sure what had upset the little prince so. Surely not the sight and smell of afterbirth? And Kou wasn't ugly... He peered across the bush. A foal, dark in color but with what seemed to be white hind legs, stood by its mother. It, too, appeared healthy. Giving a small shrug, the King strode up to his son and gave his forelock a teasing tug before stepping into the clearing. "Kou," he greeted her, warm, yet there was a flicker of uncertainty in his soul. Had she forgiven him his careless actions? Will I do it again? Not wanting to risk the ire of a new mother, he paused a few yards away, peering curiously at the girl-child. Glass. He was not surprised at the shard jutting from her forehead, lips pulling into a lopsided smile.
CREDITS
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Aurora Basin Mare
ali

Kou

The sound of her name halted Kou's action and had her head turning in the direction of the stallion that approached. She offered her leader a small smile, but that smile soon fell as she looked back at her daughter, born without her father. A soft thud followed shortly after her attention was turned back to Aviya and she lowered her head to nudged the small filly's rump, an attempt to encourage her to try again. Try again she did and she was soon standing on spindly legs looking up while Kou looked down into blue eyes that mirrored her own.

The pale mare hooked her neck over the child and nudged her closer to her side so she would begin to feed. Sighing heavily, Kou looked back at Mauja. "d'Artagnan was supposed to be here." She sounded hurt and disappointed, but she knew it wasn't the doctor's fault. Those filthy Throat buzzards had taken him. She looked down again, her tail swishing against her legs.

"Her name is Aviya." She said to the king. Kou wanted to say more, but what else was there to say? That she missed d'Artagnan? That much should have been painfully obvious to Mauja and if it wasn't then he was just as blind to emotion as he had been before.

Time
I stood and pushed my cloven hooves into the ground, trying to stabilize my shaky legs. Mother Kou had helped me get up and now she nudged me close to her side. Something deep within me twisted as I looked at her. I loved her. Joy filled my heart as I looked up at her, her crystalline eyes so calming and warm. Shivering I pressed into her as she curled her neck around me. She was so warm. Her heat became something I yearned for as I pressed into her body, drawing from her strength.

Other noises filled in around me. Aviya--I knew that was me, my name. I liked it. Blinking I turned my head and my body some, my rump leaning against Mother Kou's back leg. I watched as two approached me. A dark one with light markings, and a light one with dark markings. The light one was huge, larger than Mother Kou; the dark one was small, just a bit larger than I was. They spoke and Mother Kou seemed to be calm in their presence. Looking up at Mother Kou I watched her mannerisms and then turned back to the newcomers.

Mother Kou pressed against me again, urging me to turn my body. Carefully I turned, hoping my legs would stay underneath me. Instinct took over and without hesitation I lifted my head to feed from my mother. She was my strength. My tail moved furiously behind me, a fuzzy stub. As Mother Kou's milk poured into my system I felt even better. Detaching from Mother Kou I turned again but before I could do exactly what I wanted something racked my body. My mouth opened and remnants of the nourishing milk splattered to the ground. My chest shook and burned as my body pushed horrible, frightening coughs from my body.

Trembling now I struggled, gasping for air. Something was wrong. With wide eyes I looked up to Mother Kou, panic striking my little body. Help me.

Tamlin Posts: 40
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 2 years
Rover
A wall of white and black hindered Tamlin’s flight and the voice of his father had him rearrange his stance and stand taller and prouder before the king. He didn’t want to look like a weakling to his father. But Mauja didn’t linger on him, he went passed him after nipping at his little forelock. He went towards Kou! Panic rose within the little colt, he swirled around and he rushed after his alabaster sire.

"Faðir! Ekki fara þarna, hún étur börn! Hún étur bö-!" Tamlin broke off when he came out in the clearing and saw the little dark filly stand up. She was feeding from Kou just like he fed from his mother and Tamlin wasn’t less intelligent then to put two and two together. So that’s how it works! he thought. It’s still scary though. he decided and casted a sideways glance at Mauja.

Then he looked at Kou, a bit embarrassed about the whole situation he said with his little voice: "Hi, Kou." and then he turned to the foal again. Carefully the little prince walked closer. He was mesmerized by the little filly, she was the cutest thing he’d ever seen! Slowly, slowly he extended his muzzle to sniff at her, but just as he almost reached her she made a sudden sound and milk spurted from her maw. Tamlin was so caught off guard that he jumped high and scrambled back to hide behind Mauja’s spotted body.

He peaked out behind his sire and his eyes grew sad when he saw the filly. She seemed scared and she was coughing something awful. "Faðir, hvað er rangt við hana?" he asked and looked at Mauja like he wanted him to do something about the little girl’s plight.

he sows in blood

Permission to use violence and magic against Tamlin at all times granted
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

Striking mights and maybes even more

A useless thing called life

It's a biting cold again

It didn't surprise him that his presence made Tamlin gather his wits. He often had that effect on his son, making the gears in his head turn and his intrinsic pride come out. Of course, it was a natural desire to please one's parents, but sometimes he wondered if maybe, just maybe, the colt was trying a little too hard, a little too much. Vanity was his largest flaw, yet it was also one of the things which seemed to drive him. So did he do what he did for the right reasons, or was he merely fishing for compliments?

However, this was not the time to ponder his own child's inner workings - not that Tamlin would allow himself to be forgotten for long. The thud of rapidly falling small hooves had his ears flicking back, pausing midstride to turn around and peer at his rushing son. "Faðir! Ekki fara þarna, hún étur börn! Hún étur bö-!" Of all things that ever could happen, of all words Tamlin could ever say, these were certainly not the ones he had expected. For a moment he just stared, nonplussed, at his son, even as he seemed to realize his own folly and breaking off his warning. "Hún etúr börn?" Shaking his large, white head, Mauja gave a deep laugh, amusement twinkling in his eyes. Grinning, he reached out to give Tamlin's forelock another pull. "Ah, sonur minn..." He said no more, though, as Tamlin's gaze seemed to have gotten glued to the young filly. No need to embarrass him, if he'd already figured out for himself that birth was harmless and didn't involve eating the kid before popping it out.

"d'Artagnan was supposed to be here." Could a single sentence speak more of a mother's and lover's anguish? Mauja had noticed the spark between them, and with Kou's abdomen swelling, had come to the conclusion of it finally going through d'Art's thick skull to his heart what he felt for the Nurse. Her tone of voice confirmed that there were feelings, and not just lust, involved. The King's own face fell, sorrow in his blue eyes as he let them drop to Aviya. What could he say? Blame himself for not being there to protect the Doctor? "He'll be proud you managed this all on your own," he finally said quietly after a moment, gaze traveling up to Kou's face again. He wished there was something he could do, but there wasn't.

Then all of a sudden Tamlin leaped into the air, disappearing like a flash of smoke to hide behind Mauja's white frame. His ears fell back, listening to his son, even as his concerned gaze and focus rested on the little filly. She was coughing something awfully, and it didn't just sound as if she'd gotten milk down the trachea. "Veit ekki," he murmured to his son, giving Kou a glance to see if she'd slam on the mother bear instincts and kill him if he went closer or not. Hoping that she wouldn't, the King padded closer, touching his muzzle to the filly's outer flank. "Easy," he murmured, hoping that they'd be able to soothe her enough so she wouldn't panic on top of it all. Damn it - this was why they needed d'Artagnan.
CREDITS
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Aurora Basin Mare
ali

Kou

He would be proud that she managed on her own? Wasn't it a mare's make up to birth children? Many mares had birthed alone so it wasn't an uncommon thing. From her experience it was uncommon for the father of the child being born to be absent. Again, she knew it wasn't d'Artagnan's fault but it didn't stop her from being upset on what should have been a joyous occasion.

Her gaze was torn away from Mauja as Tamlin spoke her name. The new mother offered the foal a smile. "Hello, Tamlin." Her head tilted slightly as she watched the king's son inch closer to her daughter who had finally begun to feed. That action alone had made Kou visibly more comfortable. Her daughter going hungry was one less thing she had to worry about.

Or maybe it wasn't. Coughs suddenly wracked her daughter's small body, making her lose the milk she had been drinking. Worry, panic, and anxiety shadowed Kou's face for a moment before she ducked her head down and began murmuring comforting things to the little girl. As soon as the coughs stopped she nestled the filly into her side, running her muzzle along the child's neck and sides.

Time
I did not understand what was going on. As my body spasmed through the coughing the white one--Mauja, as Mother Kou had called him--stepped into me and pressed his nose into my flank with the gentleness of a father. I knew he was not my father, though, I did not recognize his voice. Despite him not being my father something about him comforted me. Instinctively and lovingly Mother Kou pressed into me. I calmed even more with these two bodies pressing into me and showing concern of my well being. They loved me, I knew it.

As my body returned to a somewhat normal state I stood as still as I could and took many deep, cleansing breaths. I blinked my eyes several times and let my body react to what had just happened. Carefully I lifted my head high and turned it to look Mauja in the eyes. I opened my mouth to say something but only a soft nicker rolled out from the chords in my throat. Satisfied I turned to look straight on to the black colt. I took a step towards him and looked him over. I took another step and threw my head, nickering as I kept moving towards him. Getting close enough to touch him I lifted my front right hoof off the ground and rolled it gently out, striking towards his leg in a playful manner.