the Rift

[PRIVATE] i promise one day ill be around

Caleb Posts: 135
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1hh :: 4yo :: Orangmoon HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Henrietta :: Weimaraner :: None baylee

Cαλεβ ανδ Ηενριεττα

He wanted her beside him, and it infuriated him she wasn't, but he couldn't force her to stay, to be happy. He could keep the antelope-stallion away, but she would thoroughly hate him. Caleb had given up on her, left her to her lover so that she may have the story she wants, that she may write the pages to her book and make sequels if she desires. Caleb cannot write her book for her, no matter how much he wishes he could, to write that they end up happily together, but it can't happen like that. He can't love her like Tembovu can.

He did want her, more than she knew, more than she could fathom. He wondered if one day she would realize that maybe she had more power over him than thought, that he would've done a lot for her. A huge part of him wanted her back, but he wasn't sure why he hoped for that. It would never happen. Caleb isn't a home-wrecker, he will not destroy their life for his own happiness. 

Dear Cupid, next time, hit us both. Cupid, he made them fall for others, and though Caleb didn't love her, he still felt shot. When he first met Rexanna, he did not think he would feel so strongly, so vividly. She made his black-and-white world ignite with the color of the sunset. He distanced himself, but he still waited for her with bated breath, a place by his side empty for her. He could not say, though, that it would be like this forever, that he would always wait and want and watch and hope. With time, she would be forgotten, blocked out by his conscience. 

This wasn't as great as love, nor as low as lust, but the perfect in-between, a state of dislike, but friendship. He didn't want to give her his heart, and he couldn't if he wanted to anyways. In a strange, peculiar way, his own heart wasn't his to give. That damned organ chose who it wanted, and it seemed it didn't want Rexanna, despite how much his mind did. In the midst of the haze of emotions, he wanted to know why the hell nothing worked how it should within him. Most were warm, he was cold. Most loved, he hated. Many had lovers, he had fuckbuddies. Warriors became such to defend, whereas he wanted to destroy.

All he wanted was to be somewhat normal, average. Was that unusual to wish for?

and often times we call a
man cold when he is only sad.
thoughts
"speech."

▷ baylee ◁

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
I felt terrible. I always did now. Before, I could always run around and search for Caleb or Tembovu however doing that now would only make things worse. Caleb had believed that I chose Tembovu when I hadn’t. I told Temb I wished to stay as friends. I needed things to simmer down, I needed to clear my head. However as much as I wished it to clear it only seemed to grow foggier as time moved on. Days went on and it was like I was blind to feeling anything, numb. I had seen that Caleb was in the Basin at the gathering and the memory of him getting close with Eden burned in my mind. I knew he could move on fast without me. I fucking knew it.

Unless it was that mask he carried so strongly. Reminiscent of a Venetian mask used to display various colors and events to hide the person carrying it. The beauty of such a mask was enough to distract you from the truth within, the true nature of him that I feel like I haven’t really understood fully. Perhaps I needed to get to know Caleb a bit more, to get him to understand my history and perhaps then I could understand his. Why was he the way he was? I could only imagine different situations that would have made him that way, but nothing really seemed to fit him.

One thing I knew for sure was that I needed to apologize. I needed to let him know that I was sorry for the fuck up that I was and what I did. My whole being ached at the thought of him and for being alone for as long as I had was when I ultimately realized that regardless of my actions and who I loved; I longed for him. I wanted to be near him, to stand close to him within the shadow of his great powerful wings and feeling the gentle brush of feathertips along my side. That was a feeling I truly missed and something that being with Tembovu could not give me.

As I wandered through what I had learned to be the Heart Caves, I couldn’t help but to feel my heart ache with every step. I honestly didn’t think I’d ever see him again. Yes he lived there with me, but the Basin was a large span of land paired with mountains and hills and hideaways. He was graced with those powerful appendages that could easily sweep him away from me if he knew I was near. Was that what he had been doing? Perhaps then I’d never catch up to him and see. Shaking my head with a small sigh, I rounded a corner and came to see a silhouette of a beast that my mind possibly tricked me into thinking it was the person I had longed so much to meet again.

C-Caleb?” A slight stutter in the hopes of not being wrong, I felt my legs lurch with my heart and bring me into a rush toward him. I raced to him, hopeful to catch him before he took off. Long legs swiftly took my golden body across the earth, my dual toned mane flying back in a flurry, and that iconic golden chain of mine flapping around like a fish as I frantically approached him. I got close, but not too close. I came to a halt, quickly, and was easily out of breath and such a fast paced movement. My eyes were glued to the creature before me, standing like a regal statue in the light whereas I looked like a fumbling idiot who just missed the train.

Caleb please stay for just a moment, I need to talk to you.” I spoke breathlessly, hoping it was enough to keep him around for just a few moments. ‘Please just hear me out..

I know a girl who shares a name with a guardian, she was a saint

Rexanna
Image Credits!

@Caleb
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Cαλεβ ανδ Ηενριεττα

It was surprising to the stallion when Henrietta alerted him of a certain gold-painted mare moving closer. Caleb, standing stoically with a stern expression, eyed Rexanna speculatively. Through his furrowed brows and hard mouth, a silent question takes the roll of the elephant within the room. What does she need to talk about and why does it have to be Caleb whom she talks with? He shakes his head, and turns towards the room known as Wall of History. It is then he ducks towards it, ignoring Rexanna for the time being, but knowing all too well that she is persistent enough to follow.

When he enters the history room, his jet hide is illuminated by the pulsating glow of the carved symbols. Henrietta moves to the entrance, unsure whether she should let Rexanna enter, or if she should keep her out, attacking her if needed. Caleb's snorts at her, knowing exactly what she plans through their bond.

"What is so important that you, tentatrice, need my lowly company?" His voice is accusatory, but why would it not be? Was she cruel enough to drop him from her side then seek him out as if nothing had happened? She was the definition of infuriating. "There is a marginal difference between need and want." He says simple, eyes tracing the symbols. "I believe the word you intended to use was want, for if it was a need you would've already said it." He is passive, showing no emotion whatsoever. It is only Henrietta that truly knows what the darkly painted stag feels.

"But by all means, if it so important that you had to grace me with you holy company, do tell." The sarcasm flowed like thick lava through his words. In reality, all he was saying was a simple bitch, spill. 

thoughts
"speech."

▷ baylee ◁
[Image: caleb_by_lovelyskylark-d995h4j.png]
a cold-hearted man was once a man that once cared too much.

I watched as Caleb silently tried to blow me off. I couldn’t help but to flick one hear back in sheer annoyance as he stepped deeper into the cave into another cavern. I sighed to myself, watching as his bitch of a hound hesitate in the entrance of the section as if thinking she could stop me. Whether she tried to bite me, I’d make my way through. I followed him, knowing damn well he wasn’t going to just let me go that easily. Frustrating began to flare but I did my best to push it back down deep in my gut. Being emotionally unstable caused these mood swings to grow heavily and quite bipolar in very odd moments.

As I stopped by the entrance of the history room, his booming voice echoes against the walls as it hits my ears. A sigh escaping, inaudible in the dynamics in the room as I watched him, dull eyes nearly piercing through his figure. His huge body, shadowing the center as the symbols on the wall reflected onto his ebony coat. Shaking my head slightly to myself, I kept my eyes on him, his words like a viper reaching out to bite at every opportunity. This was enough. He needed to know what was going on, and I wasn’t going to be sweet about it. But how to get into the cave and get him to listen without being so bitter?

Blue orbs watched the hound as I stepped the threshold of the cavern, my original frustrated appearance turning into more of a loving one. Swishing my tail lightly, I approached Caleb, growing close within his personal space. I aimed to get as close as possible to him. Hoofstep after hoofstep, I found myself beside him, hoping to run my golden pelt along the wings that lied on his side. The feathers feeling rather rough and rugged against my porcelain smooth skin. I continued forward, flicking my tail at him in an almost playful way. This would get at his attention, I knew it would.

I did my best to get closer to him, turning slightly to circle him where his chest lied, angling my horn as to not impale him. Doing my best to hide a small playful smirk that lined my maw. “Come on, baby.” Silky smooth words dripped from my velvet lips as I looked up at him, a playful gleam within my eyes. “I missed you.” I said softly, trying to pretend that the event that had occurred beforehand as if it was just a play; an act. I needed him to know the truth of what I had said after I left, but I knew he’d never listen unless I caught his attention in a way I knew best. Seduction.

Rexanna
Image Credits!

@Caleb

:D

Cαλεβ ανδ Ηενριεττα

He lingers in the corner of the room, as if trying to hide, to get as far away as possible. The broken boy cannot risk shattering further. His flank faces her, his other facing the corner, hidden. The introvert is reluctant to even gaze her way, to acknowledge her loud presence. She had been the subject of his dreams, and with each of these fictitious stories, he grew with sickening desire. Had it been wild to think she could draw that lifeless coldness away, bring life to the otherwise dead man? Though he aimed to look indifferent, those masculine features were traced with the bitter sadness of accumulated years of lonely solitude. When that seductive voice filters into the air, he listens, a glint of hope lighting itself within that cold heart. Did she want him, broken and all? Did she come to say she wanted him, cracks an all? Was that why she flirted?

Though the two-year-old carried this hope that lit his path, the world would never give him a good ending. Rexanna was manipulative, a deceitful liar, but Caleb would fall for her tricks constantly, every time hoping that she had honestly changed her mind, decided she wanted the hybrid over the elephant.

Henrietta knew better, though. She did not fall for the mare's tricks, never would. The hound grows, hackles raising. She urges a warning through the connection, showing the boy pictures of how this could end, how it could leave the chrome marked stag hurting more, double, triple, quadruple what he feels now. She shows him a picture of what it will look like with that golden mask coming off, what she looks like behind that venomous mask.

But Caleb does not see her as the kelpie she is, but a goddess, with a halo that matches that golden hide. Would the hybrid be one of many to trust the mare painted in beauty?

He was left speechless, words lost to him. His thoughts spun wildly, that familiar haze settling over him, blurring the line from right and wrong, moral and immoral.

He stepped towards her, falling into her trap, into her masochistic clutch. Her eyes dance with the mischief of woodland fairies, and his with the gullibility of naïve townsmen. If this were a Shakespeare novel, he would be the one that loves unrequitedly, a rendition of poor Helena, but one whom does not find love, that suffers till a cold reaper finally takes pity- and she, Hermia, with pursuers and love, a life of blessings and laughter.

thoughts
"speech."

▷ baylee ◁
[/quote]

I had a suspicion from the beginning that I had a bit more experience when it came to life than Caleb had. It wasn’t based off of events seen firsthand or anything else for that matter; but of age. I had been around longer, lived more years than he. However, I wasn’t fully sure. Perhaps his lust was due to his age? Or possibly because of it just being him. Though it appeared to me after the other males I had met, that few seemed to have strong restraint against me. Particularly the ones more experienced with trauma and heartbreak knew better.

Caleb was different, naïve in the fact that he didn’t feel. I never really believed him before, but I knew that the chances of him shedding a tear over me if I were lying half dead in front of him would be low. I never truly grasped that idea before now, before I attempted to let my sorrowful voice grasp his attention only to rely on my promiscuity to even get him to listen. And with that, I watched as his body language changed toward me. I watched as he grew silent, not having a single word to say aside from the fire that sparked in his eyes with the way that I spoke to him.

Then he stepped toward me, and I stepped one closer to him. That smile still playing on my lips as my eyes searched his face before I stretched out my neck; creams dancing with the colors of the symbols glowing around us, before I hoped to reach his jawline with my nose. I wasn’t sure how far I was going to go before I decided to possibly just go for it and delve in deep with him; or speak my mind. I gave in to many different situations in my life. This seemed rather small in the grand scheme of things; but I couldn’t help but remember seeing Temb’s broken face as he walked away from me in the fields all while I held that deeply seducing smile upon my lips and in my eyes.

I wouldn’t let that idea ruin the possibility of telling Caleb the truth. Both because I didn’t want to deal with the statue of a feathered beast glaring at me around every corner, and because I didn’t want to have to constantly think of Tembovu every time I was with him. Though I was beginning to learn that beggars can’t be choosers. “Caleb, love.” I spoke in a hushed silk tone. “Listen to me.” I muttered under my breath, allowing each exhale to graze across his neck. Perhaps now he would listen.

Rexanna
Image Credits!

"No... I won't listen to you." His indifference fades to a harshness he has never given her. "You are a tease." He shakes his head, all too frustrated. "You reduce yourself to a sexual item, not me, not the gods, not Tembovu. You are the author of your own story, and look what you have chosen to write. I cannot even express my waning patience with you, Rexanna." His cold eyes are no longer heated, but icy and treacherous. "Why should I listen to you? Have you ever listened to me? You see me as a plaything more than I see you as one. I'm not a toy for you to laugh at. You will not hold leverage over me anymore Rexanna." A deep grumble vibrated in his chest, an aggravated moan. "You think of me as a sexual predator, yet you have searched for me... To tell me what? You only came to throw your curves at my face and hope it illicits a reaction." There is a momentary pause, which he uses to breath and recompose. "I cannot aquaint myself with someone who reduces their own worth to dirt and hopes to still be respected."

The two year old hardly ever spoke this much. He couldn't express to her what he saw her doing, what he knew was happening. Can she even tell she is doing this? Does she mean to? He may come off as accusatory, but there is little to do now that his words are in the air for her to digest and interpret in whatever way possible.

"I fucking give up. I can't do this anymore. Someone who uses seduction to grab another's attention is low. I can't..." He fades away into a mumble, a slowly quieting rant. His tenacity to make her understand, perhaps even change, gone.

Despite this, he couldn't even bring himself to call her by her real name anymore. She was just she, a memory now. He would never feel her body under his, not that he even wanted that. In fact, he just wanted to leave. In a brutish way, he pushes past her, eager to leave this fucking cave, desperate for air that doesn't smell of her sickly sweet body. Henrietta joins him as he walks away. Henrietta remains the only bitch in his life he can tolerate.

ooc Caleb's out