the Rift

Carrying the Sound

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie

The birds, they got help from below
From dirty paws and the creatures of snow

The morning was dampened by a light spring rain, one that trickled down from the overhead branches in shining droplets and clung to the dark, messy hair and chocolate frame of a tall, muscular stallion.  Dark with dampness, the satchels worn across his large figure occasionally thwap against his wet sides as he slowly trots down the familiar paths of the Threshold.

The son of Adalwulf and the Dragoness has come back to Helovia, mostly because it is a kingdom he knows, but also because he is tired of wandering; he misses the comfort of familiar faces, even if he usually sought to avoid them, and has become surprised to find himself wondering, more often than he ever thought he might have, if they missed him like he missed them.

He wasn’t even sure why he’d left now, so small was the emotional discontent or action which set his hooves to walking right on out of Helovia and into the world beyond.  He wasn’t sure it mattered, not now that he had found his home was no longer on the island of dragons, or out in the greater world at all.

It was here, wherever Kahlua, Ranjiri, Aaron, Mirage, Alysanne, and Resplendence were.  It was this land which had taught him the true meaning of pride, a pride that was not found in blood, but in craft and in companionship; here he had made his first true friends, friends that were anything at all like those he had imagined in his youth, and here he had learned to accept that, sometimes, things did not go as one planned – but that, regardless, life would go on, and that the discordance was, ultimately, harmony.

[ OOC: Ugh first post problems. They will not suck as much in the future I swear. Ali I know you are on vacation but I’m tagging you anyway. ;D ]

@Ranjiri

Manipulation by the lovely Shady, Table by Time
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence moved through the threshold, the water clinging to her coat as the light spring rain. Valiance, flying ahead, offering  guidance for when she got really tired. Things had gotten strange. Things weren't safe anymore. The gods were apparently trying to change things, to expand and take over new lands but… these lands had their own gods ruling. It concerned her. It worried her that something would make everything collapse. That those things on Kaj would never go away.

Aye, she was worried, but since when had she not been worried? Still, she carried onto to the threshold, hoping to gather up those who needed safety and offer them refugee. Hoping that maybe, she would run into someone that she knew, someone who she still called family. Alas, the one who she stumbled across was most definitely not who she had expected.

An old Edge member, from long ago. One who she had thought had disappeared, much like Mirage and the rest . "Is that Dragomir?" Resplendence questioned, ear perking forward. Valiance swooped in a little closer, hoping to land just in front of Dragomir without being stepped upon. And, with a few clicks from her companion, Resplendence emerged from the tree line with a delicate smile upon her face. "Dragomir? Is that you?" she inquires, hope radiating in her voice. Was he back? Was he staying? Would he join their family once more?

Oh, how she hoped that he was staying, that he would join their family. That they would have one more person to assist in keeping the family safe.

@Dragomir
Resplendence
i don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand
x - x
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan
Lace the Silverthorn
It is our actions that define who we are

He hurt like hell. It didn't show, because the skin was unbroken and sleek, void of shedding winter coats, injuries and far less scarred than it ought to be considering his age. But you didn't come within inches of dying without feeling the repercussions, and in this damp weather every muscle and joint reminded him of the price all old warriors payed to live. Even for someone who healed as fast as he did it would take time to fully repair the damage of being repeatedly stabbed, burned and battered, not to mention what it did to your bones to be changed into a different shape. Lace moved like a much older stallion where he shuffled through the forest, and his thoughts were as dark and clouded as the morning sky.

The dragon was quite spirited however, even despite the weather. Her glistening white form flitted merrily back and forth amidst the trees, chasing birds and diving at rodents for nothing more than the simple pleasures of flying. To her, the fight that had nearly cost them both their lives had ended rather well. Her bonded had finally embraced the gift of the Dragonheart and shown his true nature to the world. When faced with the threat of death he had turned into the beautiful Silver she knew to dwell in his heart, and nothing could have made her more proud. He was now truly the Silverthorn, and she ignored his injured, baleful silence as she kept reliving the glorious moment over and over and over again.

When she sensed the presence of a kin up ahead she cheerfully dragged her bonded along to greet them, and arrived with a trilling, jubilant cry that echoed all throughout the woods. Lace eyed her with a rather weary expression as she began to pirouette and dance before the younger red, her attitude far from the humble obeisance she ought to be displaying. He was a red, she was white and thus far outranked - but she was also the friend of a gold, kin-bound to what she perceived as a silver and far older than most of the dragons in Helovia. Where did that place her? Fajira didn't know and didn't care, because she was far too busy retelling the story of the glorious awakening in the haunting, melodic language of the dragons.  

He was more interested in the horses that accompanied the foreign dragon. The gloomy expression lifted when the grullo realized that he knew at least one of them - not only that, they had even been friends once. Or as close to friends as you could be, without having spoken much.

"Resplendence. Long time no see. You look well." His smile was soft and warm, yet there was hesitation in his steps and Lace stopped with quite some distance left between them. The guilt was old by now but there none the less. He had left them once, the family once known as Qian. Would she hold it against him now, even though years had passed? Some might, and he confessed he didn't know her well enough to be sure. Did he even deserve to stand there and talk, as though nothing had happened?

She might not even recognize him anymore.

The other, the painted stallion, was given a polite nod, slightly deeper than was strictly necessary. This fellow didn't register in his mind as someone he ought to recognize, and Lace was really not in the mood to pick a fight with anyone.

"Good day to you, sir. I am Lace, a former herdmate of hers. And that" he added dryly, eying the exuberant White as she pranced through the air, "is Fajira."

Maybe he was a bit too polite, but as years and tiredness weighed on his mind he easily fell back into the stiff gallantry he had been raised into. Back in those days his courteous greeting might have landed him in a duel for being short, blunt and exceedingly crude...  

Picture by Vossity

@Dragomir

Forgive an old man his poor memory, please. I don't recall if they've been introduced or not. >.>
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri;
IF THERE'S ONE THING I'VE LEARNED IN LIFE ITS TO FIGHT. FIGHT FOR WHAT'S RIGHT. FIGHT FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN, WHAT'S IMPORTANT TO YOU. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, FIGHT FOR THE ONES YOU LOVE, AND NEVER FORGET TO TELL THEM HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU WHILE THEY'RE STILL ALIVE.

I was battered and bruised, my wing still drooped and ached and I still had a clump of my golden feathers missing from it, but at least it wasn't dragging the ground anymore. I had to force myself to look on the bright side of it otherwise I would think about how I hadn't flown since that fight against the bear god. I would be scared and depressed that I wouldn't be able to fly again and what good was having wings if I couldn't use them? No, I had to look on the bright side. I was still alive.

I wandered away from the Throat alone and ended up in the Threshold again and as I wandered around I found myself hoping that I wouldn't run into another weirdo like Abaddon. Honestly, I was perfectly content with just wandering, but I heard voices. I really wouldn't have paid it much attention if I hadn't heard Dragomir's name. 

Dragomir, the boy that had made me feel better when I wanted the world to swallow me whole. The one who covered my feather in glass to keep it forever, and gifted me the red beads in my mane that made me think about him every time I saw them or heard them clink together.

By the time it really sank in that I really had heard Dragomir's name I wasn't worried about keeping quiet. I crashed through the trees and the bushes like some crazed animal. When was the last time I even saw him? I wondered to myself, wincing as branches snagged my feathers.

"DRAGOMIR!" I shouted his name as I stumble-crashed into the small gathering. A stallion and mare that I had never met before, not that I could remember anyway, were there and there was Dragomir. I couldn't help but smile and laugh as I took off again, my hooves pounding against the ground as I ran at him, to him, into him. I didn't even feel it as my body crashed into his much larger one, but I wrapped my wings around his neck and shoulders. "You're back!"

"."

Credits

@Random Event
ooc://
i told you she'd tackle him c:

aud pixel!

Bunnie

A shining ruby dragon alights on the path before him, stopping his steady hooves in a sudden motion that sends his pouches wildly smacking about his sides and his dark, ivory streaked mane flying about his thick neck and surprised features, tangling about his fetlock adorned hind limbs in a messy array; his pale eyes land upon the scaled beast with an air of recognition that ignites golden sparks of hope through him.

He knows this dragon; it takes him only a few seconds to think of his name.

Valiance? he asks the healthy red, earning what he assumes is the click of greeting and returning his own cheerful smile – though he discovers, as the tree line rustles and the dragon’s bonded slips through, that the winged reptile was being bold for Resplendence.

Dragomir’s head lifts excitedly, his blue eyes vibrant with the happiness he feels to see her whole and well as he remembered her (still so small and dainty); they both are older, and it shows in the reservations on her face that, once, had been absent, allowing her pale pink bodice to bound towards those she loved with a carefree delight, that, in memory, and in contrast to her soft approach now and the question which slips from her lips (as if she has grown used to ghosts), almost make his heart ache.

Almost, except that he’s just so happy to see someone he knows after so long on his own, someone from a place that he remembered as home, as much as he recalled the Dragon Isle as such.

Resplendence! he says, stepping towards her and extending his muzzle in a traditional equine greeting, hoping to exchange breath with her for a moment, to smell the sweet grasses of the Edge upon her exhalations. But, as he moves near her, he is met with a strange smell, a smell that he had encountered once while on an emissary’s mission to a land ruled by some pegasus in golden armor. It had been about the woman who had challenged Kahlua, in a realm ruled by rivers and grasses.

Why did she smell like there, and not like home? The first lines of concern cross his face, the happy illusion that nothing had changed shattering almost as soon as it had solidified in his thoughts, and while he doesn’t pull away, he does feel the smallest part of his heart whither with fear that the Edge is no more.

He pulls away from her as a flash of white streaks towards the red, the two dragons twirling off into whatever mad wyvern world they resided in when together; standing among two bonded and the delight they shared with the dragons, Dragomir felt a familiar flash of envy and sadness that he hadn’t yet been so blessed.

Oh, well, he thinks, turning instead to address the stallion whom evidently belongs to the shining pearl dragon, and who also seems to know Resplendence. Something about him seems like Dragomir should know who he is, too, but he can’t recall – it’s a common problem for him, anyway, a direct consequence of not forfeiting his solitude unless absolutely necessary.

They meet eyes for a while, gold to blue, and the elder stag introduces himself first. Dragomir is glad for this because he never seems to say anything right, and it’s generally easier to get it at least close when someone else leads him into it. The familiarity of the stallion is explained – they had lived together, maybe, or he’d been in a story told to him at some point or another. It makes the tri-hued paint smile at the thought that he’d lived with so many absolute strangers.

Good to meet you, he says, looking to both the grullo and his dragon, I’m…

DRAGOMIR!” comes a familiar female voice, answering for him, stealing his eyes away in a swift bend of his thick, chocolate neck to find the trees exploding open and an extremely familiar figure leaping towards him too fast to be stopped without running into him.

Her wing hangs low, its feathers torn. He notices this and his mouth becomes a slightly open frown, his pale eyes furrowing. But then he notices the boils, and his mouth opens entirely, the sky blue of his eyes nearly watering that his beautiful Ranjiri is obviously in such pain, and that no one, not even that stupid family of hers that she loved so much, had helped her.

And even though her wing is obviously damaged and sore, she sweeps it around him regardless of her suffering, the scent of her feathers blending with the sickness that covers her and the old blood of her wounds. For a moment he lets himself rest against her, not worrying about whether or not the boils are contagious, because he has missed her like she missed him.

He also knows how Ranjiri can be – she likes to pretend she’s much stronger than she is, and she is, after all, a girl. All girls want to be hugged when they’ve had a rough week, right?

After a moment he steps back, looking bashfully at the gathered faces around him, especially Lace (because he doesn’t really know him, and can’t help but wonder how he looks to the older male now). He nods in answer to Ranjiri’s enthusiastic statement of his return, flashing the gold and black mare a close lipped grin that tries its best to wash the worry away from the lines of his features.

Clearing his throat after a moment, he looks from his friends to the new face of the black pointed stallion, letting his ears fall back in the weight of the emotions that crossed his heart to know he had come home – only to find it falling apart again.

What happened to you, Ranjiri? he asks, concern lining his face, fear widening his eyes as he thinks of the last thing to besiege the land while he was here, did the wraiths come back?

@Resplendence

Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Valiance was ecstatic, to say the least, when his name was uttered from the painted stag before him. "He remembers! He remembers us!" his voice is bouncing through their bond like a toddler who just had their parent return from a long trip. Still, the clicks of reassurance were needed to get Resplendence to ease her way out of the trees. Too many memories of those who had gone away and not returned making her unsure if she was dreaming.

However, the excited lift of his head, the happiness that was shining in his eyes… If this was a dream then she could only hope it would stay like this - that it wouldn't turn into a nightmare. Her name reaches the air and he steps toward her, his muzzle outstretched and she returns the movement - allowing her maw to brush up against his velveteen skin and take in the strange smells. As he pulls away, though, there is concern etching across his face. At first she thinks it is because Valiance had jerked to the air quickly to meet the white dragon who was dancing before him. Greetings exchanged before he listened intently to the story that was pooling from the older one's mouth. Though, she realized quickly it was from how she smelled - how the cloak of the mists was replaced with the sweet scent of forest and waterfalls. "Most of the Edge moved to the Falls…" she whispers, attempting to offer some sort of explanation. He'd been gone too long and missed so much.

"Lace like Mirage. Lace turned to a silver dragon during fight…" Valiance speaks through the bond in awe, remembering the flashes of Mirage as a dragon from Resplendence's memories. Her head snaps up with that information, eyes widening just as Lace called her name. "As well as one can be…" she says, eyes flickering between downcast and happy. She couldn't decide if this was some dream or not. "And you seem well, also… Valiance says Fajira witnessed you turn into a dragon like Mirage…" she whispers, clinging to the hope that Mirage was still there, that she was going to be back and she would see her again. "Did you see her recently? Have you been with her?" she asks, a painful desire to see the mare again evident in her voice.

Still, Lace turns to face Dragomir, introducing himself and offering an explanation as to how he knew Resplendence. And, when Dragomir attempted to introduce himself as well he was cut off by the sound of his name ringing out by another female. Tattered, awkward wings and boils across her skin… like Kaj. Resplendence swallows, stumbling backwards. It got to more than just Kaj. It was hurting many others too. "That's Dragomir," she offers to Lace, in case he hadn't picked it up by the screaming of the name before Dragomir could offer it. "He was also in the Edge for a time, as a Glazier." Still, she lingers closer to Lace's side as Valiance swoops around above - trying to play with Fajira, not caring about the ranks in his young age.

Dragomir asks about the wraiths and Res can only shake her head. "It's not the wraiths. It's something else…" she chokes out, eyes blank as she sees images of Kaj's broken, twisted body flash before her. Her head shakes violently, trying to toss the images from her skull before she turns to Ranjiri. Aye, she doesn't truly know the mare, but she was still hurt. "Have medics attended you? Would you like me to try and mend what I can? The boils… they don't respond to my healing magic, but your wing might have some healing left in it?" she offers, letting out a short breath as she looks hesitantly between the three equines before her.

Was she overstepping? Did the mare even want help from a stranger? Did Lace care that Resplendence had almost stumbled into him, mind craving some kind of protection from her nightmares that still flashed across her brain?

This world was turning into a living, breathing horror story and she could do nothing about it.

@Lace
Resplendence
x - x
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Dragomir has been infected with BFB from Ranjiri.

Lace the Silverthorn

Dragon voices reverberated throughout the forest. Water drizzled steadily from the sky and from every tree and shrub, each twig and branch and budding leaf came the sound of dripping, dropping, splashing and pattering. Between heavy trunks crept a fine mist, little more than left over vapor from their collective breaths, whispers of weary hearts and unspoken words taken form to cradle their bodies. Perhaps to bring them closer together in the search for warmth and comfort.

Yet he felt none of the morning's chill where he stood. As gold met blue and gold touched upon gold it was rather as though the fire in his blood had come alive, thawing out whatever winters chill that lingered within the chest. It was a sweet ache of unshed tears, a feeling of home and family, of belonging. If he closed his eyes it was as though time had rewound and brought him back to a different forest, another constellation of individuals. The friendly chaos was the same, the sprawling confusion that suggested life and joy and troubles that could be shared, not withheld.

It wasn't the same as it had been, and yet somehow Lace felt so incredibly at ease in the company of these people. His smile as the little black and gold youth burst into their midst and hugged the painted stallion was warm and genuine, slightly amused perhaps at the exuberance of the girl but more so due to the embarrassed glances he received from Dragomir. Did his opinion matter to the younger stallion? If he was looking for disapproval or scorn he would find himself disappointed; why ever would he find displays of affection or joy inappropriate?

To be frank his attention was mostly on Resplendence, the chatter of their dragons and Fajira's exalted swell of emotion providing a noisy backdrop to their conversation. At her nervous tripping he made no comment, but simply remained where he was like a sturdy rock, calm and safe and unfaltering. That she spoke to him was miracle enough; nothing she ever said or did could undo the debt he owed her, and if a shoulder to lean on was the only thing he could give her then he would stand there until the end of time.

"I'm afraid not" he replied to her query, old pain ghosting across his features as he said it. "I haven't seen her since... well it must have been just before the black taint overtook the Edge. It is true that I transformed, but it was due to a gift I received as she raised me to lead by her side."

He touched the amulet that rested on the broad chest, the amethyst dull and cracked where before it had seemed to glow and shimmer from within. It seemed such a waste now that he knew what had been hidden within the stone. An essence of Mirage herself, as though an echo of her very soul had been imbued within. Yet he had wasted it on a futile last attempt at besting a rival, and now it was gone forever.

Like her.

Suppressing a sigh he made an effort to push away the surge of bitter memories and focused instead on Res' introduction of Dragomir. The gray one's ears pricked with interest at the news that this man too had been a Glazier. Perhaps a chance would come for them to talk about this in further detail sometime... though this, apparently, was not the time or place. Lace had been unaware that the gold-dipped girl was injured, too intent on his conversation and distracted by his rambunctious companion, who had taken to chase Valiance around the canopy in a game of tag with rules so complicated they made his head ache.

Now he smiled reassuringly at Resplendence once he noticed her bewildered glance and moved his attention to the girl... Ranjiri, he thought Dragomir had called her.

"A second opinion can never hurt" he said, and gazed the dark girl with kind eyes. "Here, let me provide some light; the morning is not half as bright as you'd expect at this time of year."

He turned inwards and called upon the spark that resided in his blood, drew it out and used it to light a small sun that rose to hover by his shoulder. Despite the size it provided plenty of both warmth and light, and where it shone the water sparkled and gleamed like precious gems. Carefully, while making sure to extend the lifetime of the explosive orb as much as he could, he brought it closer to the girl's side, unable to suppress a slight shudder as the extent of the damage became clear to him.

"Poor thing, that must hurt" he hissed sympathetically, a frown furrowing his brows as he studied the boils and jagged wounds.

Picture by Vossity

@RE - Resplendence, Ranjiri, Dragomir mentioned.
The Store | The Warden

Ranjiri;
IF THERE'S ONE THING I'VE LEARNED IN LIFE ITS TO FIGHT. FIGHT FOR WHAT'S RIGHT. FIGHT FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN, WHAT'S IMPORTANT TO YOU. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, FIGHT FOR THE ONES YOU LOVE, AND NEVER FORGET TO TELL THEM HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU WHILE THEY'RE STILL ALIVE.

"What happened to you, Ranjiri?"

"Oh!" I squeaked and my wings fell away, both of them hanging limp at my sides as I stumbled back several steps. I'd completely forgotten about the boils that covered my skin, the infection that had ran rampant after killing the bear god. "Oh no..." The last thing I wanted was for Dragomir to catch my sickness. It wasn't the kind of welcome home present anyone would want. Welcome home, here let me make you sick! "I'm sorry..." I frowned and finally tucked my wings against my sides. 

I was going to answer Dragomir's question about the wraiths coming back, but another voice beat me to it. I turned and looked at the pretty mare that had been there before me and nodded at what she said about it not being wraiths. "Its new lands." I clarified. "The God of Time brought a new land from somewhere. When he did he brought some other horses with him and ... the god from that land came, too." I tried to explain. "We fought against it and killed it ... some of us got sick after."

"Have medics attended you? Would you like me to try and mend what I can? The boils… they don't respond to my healing magic, but your wing might have some healing left in it?"

"Uhh .. kind of." I answered. "There were quite a few injured." Some were worse off than I was, like the stallion with the broken leg. "But .. if you wouldn't mind." Then it was the stallion that spoke up and provided light for the mare that offered to help me. I didn't miss the look on his face when he was able to see how bad off I looked and it made me frown. "Its not that bad." I whispered. At least I could move it now.

"Where'd you go?" I looked back at Dragomir, suddenly desperate to get everyone's attention off of me.

"."

ooc:// Res is free to heal what she can, but I would like for her to retain some permanent damage from her wing injury c:

Credits

aud pixel!

Bunnie

Her explanation of the different smell which wreathes her creamy pelt breaks his heart.

The Falls? Why would they move there? Had something happened to the Edge, to Kahlua? A dark fear blooms in the depths of ice blue irises, pupil quivering in line with eyes that shimmering with a wetness that rises unbidden, yet does not pool and fall.

It is these emotionally heavy eyes which find the grullo stallion and his white bonded, these eyes which widen in surprise as Resplendence tells of his becoming a great silver dragon. Dragomir had seen Mirage, their golden queen, in her scaled regalia, the power she had held in her grasp awe inspiring, so much so that the stallion held a reverence about her like that which one gives a God. That Lace can become a dragon as well makes chocolate ears lift, some of his sorrow that the Edge likely wouldn’t ever be his home again rising with them.

The mention of the ebonite Queen sends another aching ripple through the painted stag, the same which seems to deflate Resplendence. Gently, he reaches out to touch her shoulder in comfort, as if he made absorb some of the sorrow that radiates from the herbalist.

He misses her, too.

Any divine regard that might have been given the grullo is lost as he explains that it was only a borrowed power, though the former Glazier cannot help but wonder what sort of enchantment had allowed Lace to do such a thing at all, what sort of intoxicating majesty filled one’s being while holding such a mighty form. As if in answer, the dark lips of the warrior crafter kiss upon an amulet which rests on his chest – drawing to mind a similar object in Dragomir’s possession, the question as to what magic lies in it.

Here he’d thought it was only a trinket. Lace’s words make him rethink this entirely.

And then he’s lost in Ranjiri, her sudden deflation drawing concern across his face, a smile gracing his simple yet handsome features as he gathers she’s worried that he will now get sick, too. Reaching out with his dark tipped muzzle, the stallion attempts to nip at the strands of pale hair framing her pale face, wishing to see her smile instead of blaming herself for things fate would likely have delivered him, anyway.

It’s okay, he says, deep bass voice rumbling with a warmth reserved for his closest friends. She still smells like sand and warmth, even with the pervasive stench of sickness, and it sends him back to the last time she’d been hurt and needing someone.

It isn’t wraiths, Resplendence tells him (fretting, as all good healers do, over the wounds his hybrid friend bares – he smiles at her gratefully, oh so gratefully), Ranjiri immediately leaping in with a deeper explanation – new lands, strange Gods, stranger faces, diseases…

It sounded like a terrible idea, if Dragomir was asked. But no one did, the attentions of all present turning to the aureate and ebonite damsel, for which the young stallion was thankful – it gives him a break from conversation, the interactions between the living that he dreads as much as he craves.

A small sun crackles under the kiss of the rain as Lace approaches to inspect Ranjiri’s wing, Dragomir stepping to the side, his massive hooves leaving indentions in the soft earth, crystalline eyes sparkling with the yellow orange light of the encapsulated flame.

Like his mother, he enjoys magic, and its various forms. A thousand questions of its origin, use, ability, how strenuous its up keep may be, how long he has held the power and from where it came, they usher in one after the other in a sweeping flow that steals all words from Dragomir as healer and stranger tsk and fuss.

Ranjiri seems uncomfortable – it makes the painted stag smile to see their positions so reversed. Normally, he’s the one scrunching up into himself, wishing everyone else would look elsewhere, while she’s the center of it all, shining like the gold embellishments which adorn her. He’s looking at her and wondering how much healing could be accomplished on such an old wound when he realizes she’d asked him a question.

All he can do is shrug, a certain melancholy air taking him.

No where, he answers, and its truthful – he had only walked, and walked some more, occasionally stopping to rest.

And it had cost him so much. Regret fills the depths of his rich, sensuous voice.

Most of the Edge has moved to the Falls…

I, uh, well, I just sort of… walked.

And thought, he thinks, but doesn’t say, not wanting to get so involved in his personal feelings when there is a stranger standing there, when he’s never really opened up quite that way to Resplendence before. It makes him feel weak enough to stand there so obviously full of sadness, regret, the pain of lost hope occasionally burning like arcs from a broken electrical line.

Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Dragomir feels temporary relief from the BFB.

Resplendence

one day i'll be stronger than my own doubt
Aye, he seemed so much more confused when she spoke of the Edge moving to the Falls. She wasn't sure that she had even helped him by offering that information - but she wanted to help! Oh! How she wanted to help! Still, it is the news of Lace transforming that stops her - that has her mind instantly dropping to all of the horrid things that had been happening. She wants Mirage back… That's it. Oh, but it won't happen, and the gentle touch to her shoulder reminds her of that while attempting to offer some comfort as well.

Lace, though, he lets down her hopes. He has not seen Mirage, though the power was from amulet around his neck. She can't say anything, just merely bob her head in recognition. There was no chance of finding Mirage anymore - at least that was what she would have to come to accept.

It was Ranjiri, now, that needed the attention - and as Lace provided illumination there was a bit of shock taking over Resplendence's frame. It took all of her to not slip back into the nightmares that had plagued her - that had almost stopped her from being able to heal Kaj…

She seemed to shrink, curling up a little bit before she finally started to snap back into it. She reached in, pulling out the rank magic and allowing the mud and vines to weave its way around Ranjiri's physical injuries. She knows it will do little to assist with the boils - but at least it might ease some of the mare's pain as she works toward finding a way to cure it.

Still, it takes a lot out of her, and as the vines pull away and mud begins to cake off Resplendence stumbles backwards - nearly falling over in exhaustion. These large scale healings always took a lot out of her. So intricate in weaving the flesh, and still she probably hadn't fixed all of it. Valiance tries to tug on Lace, to get him to move the foot or so closer to Resplendence - to aid her in standing so she didn't collapse in the middle of the threshold. Aye, she was too concerned about being a burden to just collapse upon him herself, but she knew she wouldn't stand alone much longer.

Still, she flickers her eyes back to Dragomir and offers a weak smile - eyes hazed from exhaustion. "Well, I'm glad you're back. The Falls will welcome you as the Edge did… And I can explain more of why we moved if you want…"

Image Credit
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Ranjiri;

He said it was okay that I'd hugged him even with the boils that covered me, but deep down I knew that it wasn't. It was a sickness that none of us knew anything about and there I was hugging a friend and possibly spreading it to him. I knew that if Drago got sick I'd be so upset with myself over it. "Sorry..." I murmured again, but then I looked at Resplendence, the pretty mare that had offered to heal me. I couldn't help but wonder what she could do with my wing since it was such an old injury.

I frowned mostly to myself when she seemed to shrink, but then there were vines and mud weaving around my wings and feathers and I ... I didn't expect it. I flinched and found myself scooting away from her and Dragomir and the light that the stallion provided. I was used to light and heat, not this. But it did feel good. The ache in my muscles seemed to diminish and I sighed softly at the relief that she provided. "Thank you." I murmured to her.

While she continued to focus on healing my wounds I looked back at Dragomir, who had answered my question about where he had gone. No where. I was skeptical and the look on my face said as much. "What did you see while you were no where?" I asked and about that time Resplendence was finishing up and was offering to explain to Drago about why the Edge moved to the Falls.

"I would like to know why..." I spoke up softly, my head tilted. No, I wasn't part of the falls and I wasn't part of the Edge, but I still affected by it. I wanted to know the reason behind the invasion that (indirectly) killed my dad.

"."

Credits

@Random Event

aud pixel!

Bunnie

With a measure of interest he gives all things new to him, he watches and admires the tracing path of Resplendence’s vines; he is distracted enough that he does not take notice of the rosy mare’s discomfort, though he does understand why Ranjiri pulls away. It can’t be entirely settling to be so grounded to the earth, no matter what healing the plants accomplish.

While his pale maned friend works away, the strange stallion stands by with his light, the curious painted stallion occasionally looking back to the burning ball with interest between the words passing between the company of four.

Dragomir meets the glance of Ranjiri with some bashfulness – he knows the answer is indirect, and its evident she finds it unsatisfactory as the vines fall away from her. A more direct inquiry meets his ears. He shuffles his hooves beneath him, pondering on the best sort of answer.

More of the land of Loorien, though I avoided anywhere that seemed inhabited, he says with a roll of his heavy shoulder, deep voice rolling about the physical details of his venture, not the emotional ones, ever aware of the presence of a man who is mostly a stranger to him (he is not Ranjiri, open with her soul, his heart is one hidden by stone barricades and windowless walls – though the walls have cracks, and the barricades are flimsy and worn), occasionally a traveler or two would cross my path, but mostly it was forests and fields, steep hillocks and mountains.

His blue eyes wrinkle at the corners, a smile soft and warm gracing his face as he reaches out with his muzzle towards Ranjiri.

I am back now, he says, his resonantly deep voice warm and rolling, his features honest, tinged with the knowledge of change and the regret of having not been here to watch its passing, I’m sorry for being gone so long.

Looking to Resplendence, her voice soft and weary from the use of her magic, the child of the Steadfast and the Dragoness feels his pale gaze waver. Does he really want to know? What if the story is lined with death, a tale of loss and devastation drawing blood from his soul?

He does not know what he wants, even when Ranjiri chooses for him (earning a small glance of surprise before he looks back to Resplendence). Why would she be interested? She belonged to the land of the deserts, not the forests or the fields. Still… he will oblige her, a thought which flashes painfully through him when he thinks of what all he must have missed, a thought which he uses to brace himself for what words may come.

It is probably best, he admits aloud.

Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Aye, Resplendence heard the gentle thanks from the black and gold mare, though the most she could offer was a gentle bob of her head in response. Her body was exhausted, threatening to fold in on itself as it always did after such large expenditures of healing on older, and vast wounds. Her eyes blink, offering Dragomir a bit of reasoning as to why they had moved into the Falls - left the lands shrouded in the mists that most of them had once called home.

Ranjiri inquired as to what it was Dragomir had seen, and he mainly had seemed to travel alone… perhaps to keep to his own thoughts. She didn't know, he had always been pulled off from them - yet a strong, stable figure all the same.  Then, he said he was back and apologized for how long it had been. "It matters only that you returned in one piece…" she whispers, eyes flickering to dark images of the nightmares which had plagued her after the wraiths had come, when the murders had started up.

Still, the offer stood and it was Ranjiri who spoke up first, wanting to know why. Aye, she would tell it only if Dragomir wished to know, though. She didn't want to pain him unless that was something he wanted to take on. And, when he says that it is for the best Valiance pulls forward and goes to land upon his withers - an offer of comfort if he would accept it.

"After the wraiths we tried to rebuild… a time of peace settled upon the lands in the form of a floating island. I had hoped our troubles were over, except they were only the calm before the storm…" Her eyes gently close for a few seconds and she shudders - from the memories and the weakness in her bones. She would have to sleep this off, no doubt. "The Moon Goddess - though we didn't know it at the time - had taken control of Gaucho… had killed forced him to kill random victims. Aye, he didn't know, but she admitted to it… The Gods had banished her, sent her back to the Edge. We didn't feel safe, he had killed some of the members family… we were afraid that the Moon Goddess would strike against us - at least majority of us were. Kahlua and Kaj… they added Archibald to the leadership, and - while I'm unsure of who made the decision to move herdlands - we prepared for an invasion…"

Sadness fogs her eyes, body trembling. "I would have wished to ask to join the Falls - what once was the Foothills - but I believe they wanted us to retain our ranks, the positions we had worked so hard for. With the Basin's assistance, we invaded and we won. Some of the Edge stayed there, though I do not know who… it seems that most moved with us to the Falls… Kaj and Archibald lead there… I haven't seen Kahlua since the invasion… and still, I hope that Mirage might return…"

She chokes on her words… she hopes they are good enough. She hopes he won't chastise her  for the invasion. She hopes that he will come back to their family, that she will have one more whom she trusted at her sides. But she could not force him, she would not force him. She only wished him the best…

Sorry for the wait .-.
@Lace @Ranjiri @Dragomir
Resplendence
x - x
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Lace the Silverthorn

He held the sun aloft and watched, listened as the others spoke. There was little to add on his part save perhaps a comment here or there, but the silvery grullo chose to hold his tongue and let the others catch up instead. Golden eyes wandered between friends and strangers, ears turning in pace with the rise and fall of voices, and towards the end of Resplendence's tale he closed his eyes and sighed. A soft, pained sound that spoke volumes of his own guilt.

"I'm sorry you had to live through this" he murmured and sidestepped to press his gold-dusted side against the healers. "I don't know if me being there would have made a difference, but I should have been nevertheless. I thought it would be for the best to leave Kaj and Kahlua alone, the heard seemed so stable again after the darkness... I'm sorry."

He looked between Resplendence, Dragomir and Ranjiri as the white dragoness landed on his whithers, rain illuminated between all of them by the pulsating light of his magic. A thought to extinguish the orb drifted across his mind but he set it aside, finding comfort in the warmth and the brightness even though being wet and cold had rarely hurt him before. While he didn't look his age Lace could still feel the years on days like these. They made his shoulders weary and the feet sore, all reminders that he wasn't young and unbeatable anymore.

"That doesn't explain how Mauja has come to sit on the throne at the Edge, however" he said after a while, blinking away droplets of water from his eyes. "I was told he and Torleik of the Basin reign there now, and when I went there with the intent of rejoining the herd I was shown the truth of it. They were... not exactly happy to see me."

The twist of dark lips was not so much a wry smile as a grimace, the memory of his defeat and subsequent flight like a bad taste in the mouth.

"Why is it that they, of all people, came to lead that herd? I don't know about you, but I haven't forgotten about the Basin and all they did to us. Solstice, Torasin, kidnappings and invasion attempts..!"

He shook his head, inhaling deeply to keep his surging emotions under control. No matter how many times he thought about it it affected him the same, and he still couldn't understand how anyone who had lived at World's Edge under the rule of the Qian could forget everything they had suffered.

"Why, how? Do you know? Who let them in, who said they could stay? I thought the Edge was our home. Us, the Qian... "

He looked at Resplendence, at Dragomir, at Ranjiri... for while the black and gold girl was new to him she seemed at home in this forest, and it was clear that she had been here when he hadn't.

Oh, how he regretted ever leaving Helovia. Everything he had lived for and believed in was falling apart around him, like a card house in a hurricane. And there was nothing he could do about it.

Picture by Vossity

@Ranjiri
The Store | The Warden

Ranjiri;

For a moment I wondered if Dragomir would say that he didn't want to know about the invasion and if he did I wondered if the mare would still tell me. I wasn't part of her herd, after all, but even though it still affected me. When Drago agreed that it was for the best to hear about it I breathed a soft sigh of relief, glanced at him then looked right back at Resplendence when she started talking. She mentioned Gaucho and how he had been used and I frowned and my frown only deepened the more she spoke and explained why they had chosen to invade the Falls.

Archibald, Kaj, and Kahlua. Of the three names I only knew Archibald's and I wondered if he was the one that had suggested invading instead of asking to live there. The reasoning that Resplendence suggested, that they wanted to retain rank that they had worked hard for made little sense to me. Did they not think that my dad's herd had worked hard for their ranks? Did they not stop to think about the damage they were causing or the way it rippled out to affect others?

I had thought that I had grieved. I had thought that I was finally moving on past the deaths of my brother and my father, but this was like ripping the scab off of a very deep wound and letting it bleed again. I became aware of the sting of tears in my eyes and I blinked to try to chase away the glassiness as I stared at the mare that had tried to heal some of my wounds. I couldn't blame her, but it was still her herd that had caused me (and others) so much pain. Lace started talking, then, about the Edge and its leaders and why them, but it mattered very little to me. Honestly I couldn't care less about who was in charge of the Edge now and what they were doing.

"The Moon Goddess took my brother from me." I said slowly. "And your invasion took my dad from me." I sighed and I stepped back, away from Drago and Resplendence, and Lace and his magic fireball. Alll of the happiness I'd had at finding Dragomir again had dissipated and I was just sad again and ready to be alone. "How is it any better than what the Goddess did?" I whispered my question. "Someone still died." 

"."

Credits

@Random Event for BFB stuff @Dragomir @Resplendence @Lace

aud pixel!

Bunnie

Valiance’s weight is welcome, a physical representation of the drop his heart makes when he thinks that home, if he wants to be among those he had known before, is no longer in the Edge; gone is his quiet clearing with the perfectly notched tree, the sparkle of his collected things forever lost beneath the leaves that, surely, had accumulated in his absence.

He thinks of the misty forest as Resplendence explains what became of the Edge, the pretty light that the grullo casts with his magic flickering across her face and through the misty veil of rain, all of whom seem distant in the lull of his thoughts, even Ranjiri, so close.

Dragomir remembers the floating island, and the clouds that had stolen him away into the heavens. He remembers Kahlua dancing beneath the stars, in a celebration for the Moon. It is one of his last memories here, one that hurts still as he remembers it – because she had worn his glass, the glass he had made with love for her writ on every fiber of his will as he cast it over the flowers and gems he had gathered, the glass which had earned him, not the love he had desired, but a gracious thank you.

He pushes those thoughts aside to hear how others would come to view the island, so serene, as a bearer of sadness as he himself did. Following the tale that Resplendence weaves, he finds validation to the wariness that had filled him as he spied the shrine built for the Goddess in the land of the Moon, the same wariness that had kept him from it for the years he had lived there.

What comes next, however, makes the stallion’s eyes widen. An invasion?

It defied every notion that, as far as he was concerned, anyway, Kahlua had lead the herd in favor of. Peace, a unified Helovia, a land where none had to fear. And yet, to save her own skin, the Sunshower had done the opposite of every creed she had ever sought to serve. To add further disgust to the overall viewpoint of the tall stallion, it was done with the Basin, a herd that was, as far as Dragomir had heard it, morally deplorable.

The truth settles like stones in the waters of his thoughts, too many droplets pooling within his mental basin until it overflows. His crystalline eyes grow hard, almost icy, though he does not condemn his compassionate friend – nor does he truly condemn Kahlua (though he knows why none have seen her, the mare likely hiding from her shame), Kaj, whoever Archibald is. He simply feels angry, and knows in his heart that the actions, driven by fear, perseverance, selfishness, were unjust.

Wrong.

Yet, as always, he is overwhelmed by the more present of the present, a tricolored statue of silent indignation and anger at the cruel turn of the world. Lace delves into words of Mauja, and Torleik, names Dragomir does not know but are said with an air of dislike… and yet, he lists their crimes, crimes which make the chocolate and ivory stallion decide he does not care for these individuals if what Lace says is true. And yet, the Steadfast’s son also understands how bitter an aging heart can be, how unable to let go of old ideals and lost stories.

His father lives among ghosts. Why wouldn’t this man have a few, as well?

His simpering questions almost say as much, that he has heard the Edge was abandoned and still wonders why it has new rulers; but compassion wells in the heart of the young stag, a mortal worry that such a fate will befall himself easing his hardened eyes into softer ones, eyes that understand what it is to find things changed and to dislike the course.

Softened by the mourning in the stallion’s voice, Dragomir’s resolve breaks entirely as Ranjiri finds her voice as all is said between the two long term herd mates.

He turns to look at her as she steps away, a surprise widening his eyes.

Her brother, her father? The thought makes his heart tremble, a memory instantaneously drawn to mind of the same girl quivering with tears, so afraid of the idea that this family would be angry with her with events she could not control, so deep was her love.

Ranjiri… he says, softly, a step taken nearer to her.

Where had he been while she wept this time? He probably couldn’t even remember.

And who had held her?

As much as I miss Mirage, states the stallion more boldly, letting his eyes look from Lace to Resplendence (such softness lighting his features as he sees her morose face, so torn by the actions she had known to be wrong, forced to rely on the strength of others as so many of the meek), their gently glinting blue light landing at last upon Ranjiri, I hope she doesn’t return. She would be ashamed of what has come to pass by the hooves of those who wielded her light of peace.

To take a needed home is tolerable. To take by force, because they feared the retribution of the Goddess? his mouth becomes a frown, his tail swishing behind him as his ears splay, disliking the entire course of this conversation, the course his quiet and peaceful world had taken whilst he’d turned his back, the Edge has earned her wrath more than most, the moment they turned their back on peace.

He shakes his head, slowly, as if he might rattle loose the ugly truths that settle and sink like leaden weights, letting the rain soak into the dark cords of his mane, almost savoring the cold kiss of the falling water to the hot knot of outrage that twists and burns in him that they, his people, had crushed the serenity of others so completely.

It was in the Edge’s light he had hidden his darkness, their light which had allowed him to force the wickedness in his heart to still and shrink. The light now seemed a falsified flame, lit to please the ears of the trusting and extinguished when the need for violence arose.

His head begins to ache, a slow pulse of agony. He wants to fold into himself and hide, to slip back out into the rain and away from all these things that hurt.

But they have already embedded. He cannot run, not now.

I… I think I will walk Ranjiri home, he says at long last, letting his ears fall aside in defeat, succumbing to the heavy waves of reality that he truly did not feel up to swimming today – he deftly decides to pick which wave to breast, instead, I know the way to the Falls, Resplendence.

And he does – though he does not know it, he even met Ranjiri’s father on the venture, having traveled with a small party to parlay on the matter of Aurelia. He had loved the land of rivers and waterfalls when he had first laid eyes upon it, the rapturous beauty of the earth’s realm an alluring counter to the tall, dark wood of the Edge – though he now imagines the water red, despite the memories of it being clear as crystal.

I will think about your offer.

[ OOC: longest dragomir post everrrrrr oh and look he said stuff :D ]

Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Resplendence felt Lace shift, to offer some kind of support to the exhausted mare. Could he feel the way her side shook, the gentle trembles? Could he feel the way her muscles wanted to just give out? Alas, he apologized, saying that he should have been there. Still, she couldn't accept the apologies. Everyone should have been there! No one should have left! Her family shouldn't have shattered. But she wouldn’t say that out loud, she wouldn't put more weight onto everyone's already hardened hearts. She didn't want them to have to feel as much pain as her softened, torn heart took in. It wasn't worth it.

Still, he asked how those who were on the throne came to be there, saying that they were the reason for the kidnappings, deaths, invasions. Her eyes closed, ear pinning back a little. "I don't know!" she said, her voice raising, her body trembling. "I wasn't here for most of that. I wasn't here. I don't know how they chose people. I don't know." She said, voice falling to a whisper in pain at the anger, at the hurt that was radiating from every single one here. The accusations of that the Edge was a home for the Qian had only stuck a knife deeper into her already bleeding heart. "The Qian is gone, Lace!" she snaps, eyes tearing up, "The Qian wasn't held together. That family that was… it separated, it shifted, it broke and everyone disappeared. There are few remaining members that I know of. The Qian was Mirage!" And she can feel the hot tears against her cheeks, strikingly different from the chill of the water that had started to pour down.

Valiance lifted away from Dragomir at that moment - feeling the pull of despair from Resplendence and knowing that he was needed. And then… then it was the pegasus who spoke. Her words hollow, twisting the knife and making Resplendence shudder in a pain that was purely emotional yet felt so physically. "I-I didn't know. I didn't want anyone to die. I didn't want this. I didn't want any of this. I did what I was told. I just.." She shudders, her voice breaking as her mind falls to fragmented pieces. No matter what she did she was wrong. And Dragomir's voice (though still quiet) boomed in her head. The Edge earned her wrath. It repeated in her skull like a death march, a prediction of horrible times to come. And, when he said that he knew the way to the Falls she could feel her heart shatter.

"Does that mean no? Does that mean the family is just going to break more? Shatter to tiny pieces before my eyes again, like it always does?" She whispers the questions, feeling a weight of pain and the heat of embarrassment of even asking. She doubts he will hear her. She doubts she'll ever find that sense of peace again.

Everything… breaks...

Sorry for the wait!
@Lace
@Ranjiri
@Dragomir
Resplendence
x - x
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Bunnie

He watches Resplendence move from emotional to almost frantic, her small sides heaving and her pretty pink face suddenly glistening with the slip of tears. The truth that falls from her is poignant, staggering – it draws a gentle expression to the face of the compassionate stallion, one that is outlined with an ache that spreads outwards as her words resonate in his head.

The Qian was Mirage.

Perhaps it had been, hadn’t it?

The last time he had seen her this emotionally distraught, it had been a dream that their home was burning, falling apart. That she was as upset as she had been then now is of logical order to the stallion, and so it is also logical order that he do the same things now that he had done then – but as he recalls it, he had been far more intimate with the small doctor then than he cared to be now, in front of so many strangers.

And so he awkwardly fails to do much at all other than look at the down trodden, pretty mare with the expression one gives a lost child, or mourning widow.

He wants to leave with Ranjiri when she gets upset then for many reasons, not just because the gold and ebony mare is his friend, but because he cannot bare to be around Resplendence and her sorrow when his is so fresh, and he does not want to think anymore of all the wonderful, angel like women who guided his path in this land so far from his father’s teachings, the women who can no longer guide him… because they are gone, dead or vanished.

He hopes vanished – or tries to, anyway. A small voice in his head demands that they will never come back.

The soft question that falls from her lips makes him stop, makes his crystal eyes shudder with regret that he has only deepened her sadness in his attempts to escape his own. For a single second that feels like a thousand years he stares at his hooves, stopped dead in his tracks, dark rimmed ears falling back just before he looks back to the herbalist.

The reels click within his mind, they pull her words together, and his words offer her what solace he can find in the truth that he does not know if he will ever live in the Falls, if he will ever bare to see such similar faces in such strange surroundings, blended with those who held prior allegiances and loves.

Family does not break apart, Resplendence, he answers, thinking of his mother, his father, his siblings – how they wandered the face of Loorien and still, when he reached deep into his soul, he could feel their love, love does not fall away, no matter how far it is stretched.

His ears pull forward, his brows furrow thoughtfully, ice blue eyes searching her tear stricken face with hope that she will be consoled (for his words have eased the tight knot within himself ever so slightly as he said them).

Isn’t that right, Ranjiri? he asks his friend, pulling his gaze away from the pale mare the nudge the golden marked shoulder nearest to him with a dark muzzle, his tail swaying to let the glass feather and branch clink against one another.

@Resplendence
[ OOC: Closure postages ~ that way he doesn't just walk off with her all upset because he would so not do that D: ]

Wishlist | Table Tracker