the Rift

[OPEN] bodily branches [ AB patrol ]

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

What if this whole crusade's a charade
And behind it all there's a price to be paid

After some consideration I had determined that my magic, for some unknown reason, had cured the moon faced colt of his sickness – though I really can’t account for why, considering I barely know anything about the power, or the disease which marks so many, but I am a smart enough guy to figure that it had to have been something to do with whatever inborn gifts I had been given.  And, though I didn’t really know the limits of this power, I was eager to test them on others, to learn what might happen on a different being, in a different place.

For instance, did this ability of mine cure only boils, or would it heal other maladies?  And, if I could almost make someone else move their leg the first time I’d truly tried, what else was I capable of forcing to move?  Tales of the monstrous dragon beast of the Steppe, the story mother had once been telling me as we came upon the now General, and former Doctor, in the snows.  My young, overly ambitious heart flutters excitedly at the thought as my hooves clip on the blackened stone below (is it darkened by heat or is it simply black?  No one has been able to tell me).

Heat billows back the wisps of my dark mane that are not snared among twigs, leaves, tangles, and Gods know what else with the rest which rests against the muscular curvature of my figure.  Even as the rest of the realm is kissed with the cool touch of spring and its chilled breezes, the Veins is hot as my temper on a bad day, blue and rippling, and as I walk the path towards the familiar shrines, I notice some not so familiar trees, a curious lift of my brows and a swifter pace carrying me towards the red leaved behemoths.

These were not here before, I think to myself as I slow to a leisurely, observant walk and wind between their trunks, golden eyes looking upwards at branches that would have taken hundreds of years to reach such heights.  Nature did not grow such things in a little over a year, which was all I had been gone.  Aithniel and I had been nearly yearlings when we had come here with mother the first time, if I remember right, and I know enough to understand that trees take a great amount of time to become as big as they are.  The elders of Nightwalk claimed the trees of that forest were almost a thousand, at least the oldest, widest trunks among the ethereal wood, and these impressive things were well over half the size of the strangely colored trees towering above me.

It was an impossibility that could only be answered by magic, and with the proximity to the Godly stones, I cannot help but wonder if it was the Gods themselves who made the trees, and why.  

[ OOC: Two birds!  For Aurelia to get rid of her nasty boils and runnin' them patrols.  Zandora is welcome to hop in as we're supposed to be patrolling this area together! I would write it as if he's wandered off from her if you're jumping in, Shadowmare. :3  He tends to not stick with his travel companions because oh look a sparkly thing whatisit~ ]
For the blood on which we dine
Justified in the name of the Holy and the Divine.

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
like the ocean kissed the sky,
at the most beautiful place under the sun
Vaguely, wistfully, the ocean mare remembers this place—the Veins of the Gods. She had only come to this holy dwelling once before, briefly, not long after her initial arrival to the shores of Helovia (years ago now), and the memories play with her thoughts, dancing like the tendrils of smoke from a fire, murky and not quite within reach. She remembers seeing a deity here—the Goddess, even though her memories serve not to give her recognition now, only shifting hues of purple and black—but even so, there is no mistaking the sense of sacredness that surrounds this stone garden.

Carefully, Tiamat presses forward, the click of her cloven hooves against the rock echoing out across the open air. For a moment, white eyes fall from the holy rocks and turn downward. Her father rushes below, a short inlet of his mighty waves beneath the bridge on which she stands, and feeling the whisper of his salty breath against her neck, she can’t help but smile. “Hello, Papa,” she whispers to him, the shells in her hair tinkling against one another, “it’s been too long.” For all her love of the Basin, Tiamat would only wish that her father could be closer—but her parents’ words, in that place between wakefulness and dreams, resonate in her mind.

“We will never leave you. We will always be there…”

Comforted by their closeness, the blue mare moves forward again, her eyes lifting as she nears the rocky island. “Wow,” Tiamat breathes, white eyes moving from the glowing blue streams to fall first on the four shrines. Her brow knits together at their crumbling state, each of them seemingly abandoned. She knows very little about Helovia’s Gods, curiosity stirring within her breast, questions bubbling to rest silently on her lips before her attention shifts again.

There is a small cluster of trees not far from where she stands, the trees large and magnificent in their presence, dominating the rest of the island’s barren rock. Given her growing knowledge of herbs and sprigs from her studies in healing, the ocean mare can only imagine what creatures they must be to thrive in a place like this—what strength they must have. She feels proud to be connected to such brilliant and perennial beings of nature.

But—she is not alone. At their base, she sees a stallion, as dark as the trees (she likely would have missed him, had it not been for the splash of gold to catch her eye). Her spirits brightening, Tiamat wanders closer to the stranger. She gives not thought for what dangers he might pose, or what cruelties he might be capable of (so innocent is she from the darkness), and smiles as graciously as ever as the distance between them diminishes. “They’re beautiful, aren’t they?” Her singsong voice trickles through the air like rain trickles over rocks, not unlike the shells in her hair when she comes to rest at his shoulder.

“Majestic,” her voice drops to a breath of awe. For a moment, white eyes wander upwards, trailing up the trees’ bark to their branches, laden heavily with their crimson banner—she can’t help but wonder if they would be so decorated in Frostfall as they are in Birdsong. An enigma she intends to figure out one day. Flicking her lion tail out behind her, Tiamat returns her gaze to the black and gold stallion, her smile broadening once more, “My name is Tiamat, I’m a Scourge for the Aurora Basin.” As is customary for her kindly nature, the ocean mare extends a velvety muzzle to him, offering to exchange breaths and touch cheeks in a friendly gesture. It is only normal for her to do so—in her beautiful world, she can’t imagine that he wouldn’t be anything but accepting.

“Speech.”
image credits | @Rikyn
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Tiamat has contracted GLL.

I do not know the blue maiden who dances towards me, shells strung in her mane, but I do know that she most immediately has my full attention as soon as I take note of my rather pretty company. Above me, the trees seem to wave their branches to her in greeting, a cool spring breeze sending the loose tassels of my highly tangled mane dancing across the muscles of my raised neck, arched elegantly for her visual pleasure.

Fearlessly, she comes to stand beside me, my heart beating ever so slightly faster at the bold innocence of the young woman. Her horn, pale and curved, rests between oddly pale eyes, similar to ice that has stood for weeks rather than centuries, her features sculpted and delicate as the curvature of the conch shells bound and singing in her mane. Even more delightful than the grace of her being is the breeze of her voice, gentle and pristine in the wind, the sheer awe she feels in the presence of the behemoth wood evident in every dancing syllable.

All the while I watch her with my gilded eyes clinging, tail curving behind me in pleasant delight at the company I have found this afternoon. I find only silence for a while, trying to find in the shadow of the trees the same reverence she does, finding again only the same inquiries as to their strangeness as were there before she arrived.

Her name is Tiamat, she says, and that she is of my land, her graceful neck curving her face about so that her pale eyes look into my own, her blue muzzle reaching out in a request to exchange breath, like family, dear friends, lovers, a gesture which I oblige.

The smell of her warm breath against my own, laced with the sweet green things of Birdsong, framed in the crackling heat of the super heated stone, sends a secondary warmth coursing through me, a youthful eagerness adding tension to each muscle along my figure, tension that is entirely friendly - perhaps too much so.

I am all smiles when we part.

"Beautiful and strange," I answer to her first statement, letting my eyes look away to their far away boughs before I look back to her, a far more pleasant sight than the trees, "but there are a lot of things like that, it seems.”

"I’m Rikyn," I state, and though I make no mention of my rank, I elude to our shared homeland with a quirky smile, "it’s odd we meet here rather than at home."

@Tiamat

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Zandora Posts: 85
Outcast atk: 7.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 HH :: 7 years HP: 60.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Evara :: Black Leopard :: None ShadowMare
Zandora
Yes, dear, I'm smiling
Inside I'm dying

I need to do my job. She reminded herself as she trudged through the thoughts of having to patrol. She had never done it before, and nor had she ever been to the veins of the gods, so at least some part of this journey was going to be excited and worth-while. Her patrolling partner had left her early on, the black stallion seemed to always be putting his nose into something. She honestly could careless, the time alone was welcomed. Recently life for Zandora had become a canvas of jagged edges and deep, dark abysses. She was confused, broken, and pretty sure she was going mad. She had become numb to this consistence of tragedy, there were times that she couldn't hold the weight on her shoulders anymore, but most of the time Zandora simply kept going, only because that's all there was left to do. 

The sudden change of the atmosphere around her shocked her from her misery, eyes hastily scanning the new place. Her jaw dropped, the descriptions of this place couldn't come close to what her hooves stood on. The veins were covered with a blue aurora, azure lava seeping from the earth's pores. She let herself steep in the stunningness that was the veins of the Gods, allowing her patrol to pause for a moment, dedicating this silence to her desire to remember everything here. As she studied the volcanic rock and the glowing stones that laid scattered about, she noticed the four shrines. They were all crumpling and falling apart, she wondered then, who would've allowed the shrines to get this way? Was there not a crafter or mender who could've fixed the portrayal's of their gods? Perhaps fear stopped them, the God's were a powerful force, she knew, but still, it bothered her to see the God's representation in such a state. 

Hooves tread further on the warm soil, purple orbs constantly shifting through the layers of molten blue hues and charcoal terrain. She stumbles clumsily, the roots of the trees that loomed above her to be the blame. She laughed at herself, the silence broken by her chuckles. It felt wrong, to break the serenity and she quickly silenced herself again. Catching the black and golden hide of Rikyn and the blue colors of one she had never seen before, she sped up her touring pace to meet up with pair. She watched from a distance for a bit, allowing the two to finish with their casualties. The mare, Taimat, introduced herself and she was glad to hear that she was a member of the basin. When it seemed like a better time to join their company,Zandora dipped her head to the both of them. She hoped that the mare who seemed to be flooded with happiness didn't reach out to her, for she would simply get denied. Bleh, happiness. 

"Zandora" She said plainly, lacking any lifelike emotion, just like the empty shell she took residence in. 

"Talk?"
[Image: 56a075b49df35]
No restrictions on things that can happen to Zandora, please tag in first posts only.

The ocean mare is delighted when the tall stallion returns her gesture of friendship, their warm breaths mingling in the moist, fresh air of Birdsong, whiskery muzzles brushing against one another in a warmth of companionship. There is a smile upon her lips when they withdraw, easy and brilliant as it reaches up to the brightness in her eyes. In her innocence, the blue mare can only assume that the dark stranger’s comparable grin is sprung from a similar happiness, a similar acceptance of their camaraderie (despite their unfamiliarity with one another). She cannot fathom the possibility of anything else, and is only too happy to oblige in his amiable smile.

He soon speaks, a voice much deeper than her own (more like the hot rocks around them than the trickling of rain), commenting on the cluster of massive trees that rises above them. Tiamat’s gaze follows his up to their boughs, trailing along the crimson leaves as they dance about like ribbons in the breeze, catching the sunlight that halos them in a soft, fiery glow.

The young mare hums in agreement, entranced by their majesty, for surely they are royals among trees. “You are quite right,” she muses softly, her smile fading to a gentle curve of wonder. Slowly her eyes fall from their branches to find that the stallion’s gaze has already settled on her again, and her grin broadens almost bashfully. “Nature sure has her own mind.” Tiamat knows this—she is a child of nature, after all, born from the vast depths of the ocean and risen by the sky. She loves nature for all of its power and wonder.

With delicate ears tilting forward, she listens as the dark stranger introduces himself, and she nods graciously, but it is when he refers to their home that her eyes light up. “You’re from the Basin too?” It is an exclamation of delight, thoroughly elated to be given the chance to meet another one of her herd mates. Truly, making any new friend is a welcomed pleasure, but there is something about the fellowship of the snowy mountains, the camaraderie of the home that she holds so dear. “It’s a pleasure, Rikyn. I have found our home to be large and full of unfamiliar faces—I haven’t met nearly as many people as I’d like,” she shrugs her shoulders, but she can barely contain her enthusiastic smile and excited bubbling of her muscles.

“It’s wonderful to be a part of though,” her love for their home is infectious. She cannot imagine living anywhere else—sure there might be a lot of unfamiliar faces, but she doesn’t speak of it as a bad thing. Quite the contrary! There are so many chances to meet new people, make new friends, that every day is an adventure. “How long have you lived in the mountains?” Tiamat inquires of him eagerly, the length of her tail curving in her happy anticipation.

No sooner had her question slipped from her tongue, that she notices something else—someone else. “Hello!” The ocean’s child readily accepts the other mare into their little conversation, admiring the stranger’s beauty and oblivious to her reserved aloofness. “My name is Tiamat,” she smiles and bows her head in a dainty curtsy, not knowing how much of their conversation Zandora had overheard, having only noticed her moments before. “Are you from the Basin as well?” The inquiry is just as eager as before, her white eyes dancing beneath the sun’s light.

notes; I'm so sorry for the wait! Been feeling sick and museless heh.
“Speech.”

image credits
@Zandora
@Rikyn

Where some boys are shy and clumsy in their infatuations and thrumming hormonal responses, I like to think I am not – rather, that it brings out the better parts of my personality, hiding away the pieces of myself which are black and brooding, malevolent and private. These abysmal attributes of my persona quickly leap into cover behind the bright shimmer of my golden eyes, the ease of the smile which curves across my face, and the seamless transition into whatever skin is best for the moment. It is a skill that I am almost sure came from my dam – my sire having a more straightforward and unbending character, while the woman who had birthed me wore so many masks that even her son couldn’t tell who she truly was beneath.

So this skin shines like silver armor, my eyes unwavering as they watch her features tilt up towards the ruddy halos which frame the leaves, dark ears raised to catch the rustle of branches and the lilt of her voice. Nature has her own mind, she says, earning a smile from me that disguises the wonder as to why nature is a female – the God who made this land was male, after all – while less offensive commentary makes its way from my lips.

"Explains the weather some days," I answer with a chuckle and smirk.

Quietly, I listen to her joy that we shared a home and her further ruminations on the land with my gaze unwavering. She is beautiful, even more so layered in the vibrant glow of one who is trusting, innocent, and warm. She is like so many young women, who shine with a light that is hard to tarnish, intoxicating and welcome, a distinct difference in this feminine charm from that of older dames who are thick and luxurious like smoke, rather than sunlight.

"I was born there in the same year as Erebos," I answer proudly, for truly I am prideful on the matter of truly belonging in the land I called home (and take for granted that she might not know who Erebos is), "though I left for a while. All together over a year."

It is not so great a time frame – but to a boy barely out of his colt-hood, a year is eternity.

The sound of hooves draws my eyes away from the oceanic damsel for the first time in a while, their golden depths broadening in surprise and something similar to guilt. Zandora approaches, looking worn and weary as she has since we’d left the Basin, halting alongside Tiamat and I with a glum and most bland announcement of her name.

I guess that’s part of why I had managed to wander off from her like I did – the ebony and violet mare was pretty, to be sure, but she wasn’t the best sort of companion, perhaps less preferable to leaning against something rigid and freezing for an extended period of time.

As I am starting to expect from Tiamat, the azure mare is delighted at the arrival of the warrior mare, bouncily leaping into conversation as though she has known this woman all her life. It is an admirable trait that I often find myself envying in others – while I am not distant and surely come across as available in conversation (I think, anyway), I am also rather guarded with my emotions and who I am. The bone crowned mare seems to have no qualms or armors, her soul almost tangible as the warmth born from sunlight.

She is truly fearless, I think to myself, feeling a hard and sharp emotion jut into all the infatuations that had flooded me before, my teeth clenching together tightly for a moment.

"She is," I offer as I shake away my dark thoughts, smiling meekly in a form of apology at the amethyst and evening mare, "we were supposed to be patrolling together, but I wandered away."

I look back to Tiamat, smiling, having found my usual boisterous and womanizing self that had temporary fled behind green envy.

"I’d have never met you, though," I say with a wink, "and she is here now. All is well that ends well, isn’t that the saying?"

[ OOC: he's obviously lecherous asfuq. Also I'm sorry for slowness! I hope I can be faster here on out. <3 ]
@Zandora

Wishlist - Plots

Zandora Posts: 85
Outcast atk: 7.0 | def: 10 | dam: 3.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 HH :: 7 years HP: 60.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Evara :: Black Leopard :: None ShadowMare
Zandora
Yes, dear, I'm smiling
Inside I'm dying

Bleh. Happiness. Zandora tried to hide the annoyance on her face as the azure mare exploded with bright lights and joys. Had this mare not had her eyes opened to life that surrounded her? Or did she somehow find a way to accept such darknesses that encompass this world? Zandora thought as her burrow furrowed. There had to be some source to her happiness, no one she had ever met was so easily excitable. Or maybe it was her, the devil's daughter had never experienced anything else then blood and betrayal. Her very bloodlines were coded for deceit, disaster, death. It was what she was, what she could only become. Zandora could fight, but for what purpose?  It was sad, to know that the very word happiness would lose it's meaning if it was not balanced with sadness. It turned out, that sadness was the trickiest riddle of them all. It seemed that happiness had become completely void to her, the balance thrown off by the taunts and taints of her childhood. Would she ever get to experience what the mare so openly, so easily, obtained? Was it even in her reach? Stop she hissed at herself, she couldn't allow her to think this way. Zandora would prevail, she reminded herself that. Zandora gave the mare, innocent in her facade, a small smile. If the now named Taimat hadn't experienced the sours of life, Zandora would do her best not to give her a reason to start wondering. No one deserved the way she had become to be, expect for the mare born of the devil's hand. 

Rikyn answered for her, and she was glad to be spared the words. She bobbed her head, agreeing with the black. As well as giving him an understanding look, it wasn't a big deal to her, the time to herself wasn't unwelcome. Normally Zandora would've contributed to the conversation, but unless directly asked, she stood still like the shadow she was. Eyes holding a mixture of emotions about them that suggested her pain. Her silence became the loudest of screams.

"Talk?"
OCC: Fuck. I shouldn't write under my circumstances, I tried to spare y'all as much as I could. .....
[Image: 56a075b49df35]
No restrictions on things that can happen to Zandora, please tag in first posts only.

The mare’s tulip-shaped ears lean forward in unison, catching the depth of the stallion’s voice with a spark of excitement in her pale eyes, which is dampened for only the shortest of moments. “I don’t know who Erebos is,” she admits almost bashfully, only aware of her black Lord’s daughter, Lothíriel (despite his son being a particularly larger presence in their mountainous kingdom), although her voice is opened in an invitation for Rikyn to explain his mystery friend (there are many things that Tiamat is unaware of when it concerns her precious home—its prejudices, for one—among other dark, shadowy secrets that have thus far been kept from her innocent mind, too good and trusting to see her home as any different).

Casting a brief glance downward before looking back to the black-brown male from beneath long lashes, the blue mare’s countenance brightens once more. “But born here!” She exclaims in breezy enthusiasm, her smile broadening across her lips, “That’s wonderful, I don’t believe I’ve met someone who’s been born in Helovia for…a very long time—that I know of, at least. What fortune to live in the land you were raised in!” She can’t imagine what that must be like. While the Aurora Basin has ever been the only home for her, she remembers waking on Helovia’s shores years earlier, knowing nothing of her existence prior to that momentous, blessed day.

Releasing a wistful sigh to herself, the ocean mare shifts her attention back to her new-found friends, a quick glance given to Zandora when Rikyn confirms that she is from the Basin as well. Tiamat’s bright smile returns all the wider, truly delighted to have become acquainted with more of her herd mates. She is tempted to question the other mare further—how long has she been in the Basin?—but the gilded stallion continues then, silencing her tongue and enticing her focus to settle again on his handsome features.

She laughs blithely at his comments, arching her neck and tucking her fine head into her chest for a moment as her cheeks warm (the ocean mare is far from a pompous or vain character, but she still loves to be appreciated, as most others do, and wouldn’t hesitate to return anyone the favor—after all, isn’t that what they are meant to do: make one another feel good about themselves? And value their fellow men?) “I would say so,” her eyes dance beneath the sun’s light, the trees’ massive boughs throwing mottled shadows across her face.

“It’s been delightful to meet you, Rikyn—and you too, Zandora. I intend to see you both again in the future,” she grins to both of them, the plumed length of her lion tail brushing over the rocky ground behind her. Tiamat imagines seeing their faces again back in the Basin, and suddenly, her dear mountain valley becomes a little smaller, in the best of ways—a little homier. The picture lifts her spirits; her white eyes rise to glance happily to her mother sky before they trail down slowly, wandering across the blue stone before returning to her company. “What exactly are you meant to be patrolling around here? We are a long way from home,” the last of her voice is laced with laughter, a gentle tease, while her head tilts to the side in curiosity.

“Speech.”
image credits
@Rikyn @Zandora