[OPEN] Homecoming

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
Ki'irha
I have loved the stars too fondly || To be fearfulof the night

The cobalt girl was headed north.

She traveled hard, but it was easier making this trip now as the earth was reborn, compared to her initial trek to the Basin. Several seasons ago, the blue mare was hard to look at- sickly thin, fur uneven and rough, weak from being forced from her home after ages of abuse and starvation. She had been found by a member of the Basin, and was provided shelter in exchange for her allegiance and service as a warrior. As Birdsong crept across the land, changing the bitter dead world into a land of green and growth, so had she changed. She had indulged in the sweetness of spring during her time away, and it showed. She had filled out, sleek and healthy. Her coat was more remarkable than ever - white flecks covered her, like stars in the sky, and her blues shone through, shades of cobalt and navy and sapphire spilling over her hide, depending on the way the light reflected over her curves. She had shaken the remainder of her yearling form, now appearing as a grown mare should. And as a warrior should. Her muscles rippled, her form still lithe and delicate, but powerful as ever. Silver eyes glittered with a life that seemed to only flicker when d'Artagnan had found her.

Ki'irha's path was straight and true as she galloped across the land. She was returning to her home in the Basin after an extended absence. Something had possessed her to go and attempt to find her brothers. They were all she had growing up, and she felt as though a piece was missing from her life. She had been separated from them when her family had been rightfully attacked by a herd they had traveled a little too close to. She had escaped, but had last seen her brothers fighting with the unicorns and equines that had fallen upon them that fateful day. Denial was settled in her bones. She didn't want to admit it, and refused to believe it, but her brothers were long dead, and even if not, they would never still be in the area. Still she searched, until she was running for a different reason. It felt nice to stretch her legs, and know she had nothing tying her to the earth. She was free to do as she pleased. She had never felt freedom like this, and it called to her, begged her to run farther and farther, leaving any ties far behind her. But something else clawed at her, urged her to stop and turn around.
You see, as the distance grew longer between the warrior girl and Helovia, the ache in her heart grew stronger. She tried to shake it, tried to cut it out, but she longed for something. One evening, as she sat beneath the dusk sky stained in reds and pinks and golds, she found her mind wandering. She thought of those she had left behind. She thought about her wonderful friends, who she missed dearly, of her memories with the antlered mare Enna and the painted stallion Ashamin. Of life and love, births and deaths. What is a life if not lived beside others who made each moment meaningful?

She couldn't stay away. The Basin was her home, and those who lived there, her family. It was something she had never had. A true family. And she realized that, despite her beloved memories of her brothers, the Basin provided something she needed more than all of the memories in the world.

With that, like the needle of a compass, she pointed her long horn north, and ran. She fattened herself up along the way with the sweet morsels of Birdsong - the lush grasses, the tender flowers, the sweet berries - and knew with each stride, she was closer to where she belonged. Days and nights passed over her, the gods painting exquisite views around her. Weeks passed. The landscape around her grew more and more familiar, especially once she burst through the Threshold where she had started her journey in Helovia, until she was passing over the Frostbreath Steppe. The mountains eventually towered before her, growing from small bumps on the horizon to the looming fortress that protected the herd. She tossed her head, laughing into the air that still was cool despite the change of seasons. She finally began to slow as the sentinels became visible in the distance.

The midnight mare finally slowed to a walk. Her sculpted head was held high and proud, sterling eyes taking in the land that was sprawled before her. Like a caterpillar who had disappeared and re-emerged as a striking butterfly, so the mare returned to the herd. Beautiful and new, a totally new creature carved from muscle and earth and ice and stars, ready to serve and protect and live for this place until her last breath escaped her. A cool breeze ran its fingers through her white mane. Sounds were carried on the wind, echoing softly in her ears. Aromas and scents carried by the gust lingered in her nose. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, coming to a halt. She only had one thought, warm and comforting, settled in her mind. In this moment, nothing mattered. In this moment, she knew where she was.

Home.
OOC// I’m baaaack! This is just my reentry thread from my extended absence, just so I have an IC reason for the break. This is open to anyone! And also an interesting way to meet any new warriors who don’t know Ki’irha is the corporal. :D [894 words]
Tagged//
Image Credit
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Enna Posts: 172
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 5 ( TALLSUN ) HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Mehr :: Arctic Wolf :: None kels
something filled up my heart with nothing

It is when a dark shape appears just ahead of you that your eyes narrow, slow steps coming to a halt. As it moves forwards, first to and then under the sentinels, you watch with baited breath, your heart pumping violently within your chest, for the metal to creak to life in grinding motions. You are almost surprised that they do not, and though your body visibly relaxes, there is still suspicion scrawled on to your feminine face. You do not know what you had been expecting, only that it had not been her. For what seems like ages as the seconds pass you cannot will yourself forwards, afraid that she had changed, afraid that perhaps she would not remember you, afraid of the potential of being hurt that opening your heart brings.

Even if you cannot admit it, somewhere within your swaying tides of emotion there is anger. She had left without a single word, leaving you to worry yourself nearly sick, with all the questions that even now she does not answer, except one. She is safe, and as you look at her with all the indifference you can muster, afraid of falling too deeply into her, into the chaos that has reigned over you, she is healthy. She has filled out; shed the skin of childhood, into one of a beauty that only maturity can bring. She is safe, and after a moment you breathe her name, clinging to that single fact and forgetting all of your bitterness. You press your chest to hers, lacing your neck around her, only releasing your grasp to pull away and look at her again, a smile pulling at the corners of your lips.

“I’ve missed you.” Please don’t leave me again. You do not say it but a sudden desperateness washes over your features then, you can feel some of the color drain from you, your face becoming weak as your brows furrow, eyes water, your lips pressing together tightly into a frown. It is difficult to accept, despite your elation, that after endless days without her she would just simply return with the intention to stay. Difficult to accept that she would just leave her responsibilities, those that had accepted her into their lives without question, that she would leave you. Maybe she had meant more to you than you had to her; maybe you are making all of this worse than it needs to be. You work to swallow the lump in your throat then, despite the sting that the thought brings, straightening yourself and blinking the tears from your eyes, doing your best to quiet the war between your head and your heart.

Where have you been?” It is not what you wanted to say, you do not want to bombard her with the million questions you have held your tongue against knowing that she would answer them in time if she needed, if she wanted, to. But it, this trying to justify for yourself her absence when she has nothing to answer to, not to you, is the only thing that stops the second-guessing, the swell of emotions within you from bleeding out in scalding words.

please tag enna in every post
violence permitted barring permanent injury / death

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
“I’m so sorry. I just hope I can return here, to my home, and find some sort of life still waiting for me.”
Ki'irha
I have loved the stars too fondly || To be fearful of the night

The warrior girl’s silver eyes opened. But before she could advance, a figure appeared in the distance. The figure was still for a moment, then advanced slowly, tentatively, gently. The slopes and curves of antlers crowning the earthen colored mare were all Ki’irha needed to see before she knew who approached. She exhaled, and wavered for a moment. Her friend. Her darling Enna. But the starry mare did not know what to expect. Would she face a wave of anger? Try to convince the girl that she should not feel betrayed? Or would the time mender simply turn and walk away, abandoning her as she had seemingly abandoned her herd? Fear, a foreign feeling, stung her heart. But now was the moment of truth.

She slowly walked forward, cloven onyx hooves dragging her forward. Her pace quickened as the russet girl began towards her, and she began to canter until she came to a rough halt, nearly crashing into the doe. She mirrored her friend, burying her face into pale curls. Her fear, apprehension, and worry melted away as they embraced.  “Enna, my dear friend. How I have missed you.”Joy flooded her heart, and this moment could have lasted forever. She stepped back, looking over the girl. She was the same Enna she had remembered, though perhaps with more weight on than before. Much of the weight was around her stomach. Maybe she was with child? But that did not matter now. She was sure they would catch up, and fill many hours with stories and erase any distance that may have grown between them. The midnight mare smiled, eyes warm. A slight sting of happy tears blurred the corners of her vision, but she blinked them away before they became obvious.

But before Ki’irha could speak, everything changed. The warmness was suddenly shed, and the warrior felt like she was staring a coiling viper in the eyes, waiting for it to strike with a venomous bite. It looked like Enna had been kicked in the chest. Cold and harsh, here came the question she had dreaded. Stepping back, she dropped her head, the pain and guilt squeezing her heart.  “I was nowhere in particular. I had questions that I will never find the answers to. But while I was gone, I found answers to questions I didn’t realize I had.”

That was no answer. That was bullshit. She sighed, digging a split hoof into the ground. A moment passed before she spoke again, knowing her friend deserved a real answer. She deserved the truth. “I went searching for my brothers. I didn’t find them, and I’m sure I never will. They were my family. But my love for them was outweighed by my love for my herd. I didn’t realize what this place meant to me. What you, and those here in the Basin, mean to me. And I don’t expect that to make sense. And I don’t expect forgiveness, or warmness, or understanding. I never should have left. And I promise to never leave again.” Her head dropped. She was not one for weakness, or exposing her soft spots. But she was choking back tears. Her stormy eyes betrayed her, letting a single tear escape. Speech

She fell silent. She had no more words, no further excuses. She was in pain, and the exposure of her emotions made her feel pathetic and vulnerable. Composing herself, she lifted her head again, but it was obvious that she was defeated. Now was the moment of truth. She may be home, but was she even welcome?

Image Credit
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Enna Posts: 172
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 5 ( TALLSUN ) HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Mehr :: Arctic Wolf :: None kels
something filled up my heart with nothing

You cannot deny the surge of warmth that her words bring, melting all the doubt that had turned your heart so cold against her. “Oh, Ki,” It is gentle, followed by the pianissimo sound of your laugh, your lips reaching to kiss her forehead just beneath her dark horn. “There’s nothing to forgive.” You sober as you pull away from her, though the re-kindled warmth of your eyes does not fade. You understand the need to know, the pull that family has over ones heart. “I would have done the same as you.” You shift away from her, breathing deeply as the silence sinks around the both of you to the point that your ears ring. You have spent so long missing her, looking for her, thinking of what you might say or do if she ever returned to you that you do not know what to do now. You want to tell her of all the things that have happened, though the little valley had been quiet, all of the things that you have experienced in her absence of your first love and the subsequent heartbreak, of the hole in the earth and in your heart that your child had left. “What matters is that you are here now. I am sorry you couldn’t find your brothers, though.”

You do not know what it would have done to you to never know what had happened to Nivos. It is one thing to deal with the finality of death, the pain that it brings, and another to wrestle with uncertainty. Looking to her then you do your best to smile, shoving away your selfish hurts in an effort to protect her from yourself, from dragging her down in to the pit of sorrow and self-loathing that you have dug.  Her next words make you smile, bring another laugh from you. “Of course, Ki, it’s been too quiet without you. You’re always welcome here, fuck whoever says otherwise.” You wink, rolling your shoulders as you try your best to relax, to forget, to indulge in the happiness that she has brought with her that you have been waiting for for what seems like way too long. “Besides, if I remember correctly, you still owe me a visit to the hot springs.” Your smile deepens, something mischievous flickering in your eyes before your teeth reach out for the flesh of her shoulder in a quick but playful movement, your body pirouetting easily before springing away from her.

@Ki'irha

please tag enna in every post
violence permitted barring permanent injury / death