the Rift

Got me in stitches you LAZY ASS BITCHES [all warriors]

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
WINDOW SEAT TO CHAOS OVERLOAD

The more she thought about it on her trip back home, the more furious she became. What exactly were her warriors doing? When they missed their patrols, when they failed to spar, when they didn't event attend her fucking meetings for them, she had let it all slide. Don't worry, she'd thought, there's always next time, so long as you work hard in other ways, so long as you're there when it matters.

Yet they hadn't been.

When the battle had died down and her gaze had swept the field, she saw plenty of her herd, but only two of her warriors. That their monks, their healers, their crafters were all more willing to fight was shameful. She hadn't been to the first battle, but when she made it just in time at the end, she had also found the field lacking of her warriors. Once, shame on her, twice, shame on them

"WARRIORS!" she bellowed at, flying low over the sands, blue eyes like daggers that rifled through the grains to find the lazy assholes that dared to swear protection to this herd that they suckled off of. "TO ATTENTION, NOW!" She flew until she found them all, until she rounded them up, sending out a snarl of spark to speed up anyone too slow for her liking. If they had a problem, then they could fucking stand up and fight her because then at least they'd be fighting something for Sun's sake! She doubted they would though, because that would require effort.

She landed in a spray of sand and blue feathers, in a swirl of black hair and angry sparks. Her face was hard, her jaw set, her neck high with authority her short stature be damned. For a moment she said nothing, letting her stare build the silence until it was unbearable, until they broke as they should have done on the battlefield. "Your performance as of late is despicable," she said dangerously low and calm. "There have been two instances of gods being torn into our lands and attempting to massacre us, and where have you been?" Blue swept over the sand and the faces present, unyielding like a cold steel. "Our herd, our realm is threatened - our kin, our family, our loved ones - and they stand up to fight, but where are you?"

"Do you think I assign patrols for the fun of it? Do you think sparring is too beneath you to be bothered with? Do you think these meetings are just a way for me to shoot the breeze with you?" She snorted, teeth clicking audibly as she snapped at air. "They aren't. They matter because they prepare you for the real fights, so that you don't die, so that you aren't frozen, so that you aren't weak. Yet if you can't even be bothered to attend the training, then I guess it's no surprise you're too scared and too fucking lazy to show up when it matters huh?" Disgust laced her words and her upper lip curled with it. Around her more sparks had amassed, throbbing in tempo with her voice.

Ampere's face softened upon Cathun and Aithniel when it swept over them. She nodded to them, thankful for their participation with the Wolf. This was not meant for them, as much - they still skirted some duties, but at least they were present when shit hit the fan, more than anyone else could say today. "If you swore to protect, I expect, we expect you to uphold that oath. If you can't even manage that, then what the fuck are you doing wasting our time?" And her stare leveled them all. Man up or get the fuck out, she wasn't here to waste herself away on piss ants and leeches.

[Einarr, Cirrus, Sohalia, Aitniel, Astrasza, Cathun, Reginald, Shida]

A M P E R E

darya87.deviantart.com

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Shida Posts: 109
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 6
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 3 (ages in Birdsong) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Princess :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Odd

Shida
Delicate as FUCK
"Or maybe--" Came my sarcastic voice as I skirted around a sand dune. I might not have fucking wings - can't make a grand goddam entrace like the rest of them. But fuck it if I'm just going to have my dick reamed out by blue-ass over here. All I know is that she's the big cheese around here because she's fire-dick's side-project. But you know what? I don't actually like being yelled at. Just because fire-balls does, doesn't mean the rest of us do. "--some of us just had the common sense to fucking stick around in case shit went belly-up around here. If we all flail the fuck away to fight some mutant puss filled dicks that just showed up, what happens if more show up here? What's the point of fucking being a hero if you come back covered in chlamydiae? I mean -" Now I'm fully near the group, and actively ignoring Princess' whines to be a bit more respectful. "-if that's your battle tactic, have at'er. I prefer to keep my shit ready for action, rather than ready to fall off."

If I could have crossed my arms and cocked a hip, I would have. Instead, I just sort of snort, tilt my multi-horned head, and wait for more yelling. Blue-ass looks like the type to just keep yelling. At my heels, Princess sits and looked warily around the group. We aren't about to run from a fight, but he's smart enough to know that 1. we're out numbered and 2. I probably should have piped down. Re-thinking my speech, I like my teeth for a moment as I mull it over.

"Just sayin'."

Image Credits

Cathun Posts: 88
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 3 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Tai

She called and he came, and this time he carried his head high. As he ran across the sand in the shadow of the Gladiator's wings his chest felt swollen and fit to burst with relief, joy, with rage at the trick that had been played on him. He wasn't as angry as his immediate superior, but the feeling was still enough to let him endure her harsh words without flinching, eyes and tassels roaring in silent flames that whipped and thrashed in the salty breeze.

In a way, he did feel bad for skipping out on so many of the herd's activities. For almost half a year he had been completely absent from the desert land, and while he kinda did have an excuse for his distracted behavior, it all sounded petty and insignificant in face of Ampere's rage. Who cared whether he was dying as long as he lived for the sake of the herd? Never mind that it was a herd he didn't care much about. The only thing it had done for him so far was... uh... actually come to think of it, he had gotten nothing from Dragon's Throat.

Nothing except lies.

Impatiently he fumed as a girl began to bite back, annoyed by her tone but rather agreeing with the logic. What this herd lacked, he felt, was some long term perspective and foresight. What good would it do to be brave and noble if everyone died on the front line?

Who would defend the weak if the strong wasted their lives in pointless battles?

And who would want to, if the leadership confused intelligence for cowardice?

"I'd be more than happy to spar" he almost snarled once the winged warrior finished and the mouthy brat had gotten her say, tense and stiff as he stepped forward. "I'll fight whoever you want me to fight, and I'll risk my life a hundred times over if that's what it takes. But first I need to know this - why did the Sultana of Dragon's Throat lie to my face? She as good as told me that Ranjiri had died in the north, but I have now seen her alive and well - healthy enough to fight one of those fucking gods."

He spat the word out as if it carried with it a foul taste.

"Why? Was it because I left a battle before it was over, despite it being far from the Throat and with the express purpose of warning the herd of what was going on? Even though it was not my area to patrol? Even though, should the battle have been lost, every land south of the Steppe would have been in danger and without any news? Because I'm telling you now, if she lied to my face for no other reason than because I didn't participate in a battle that had nothing, whatsoever to do with me or my duties to this herd, then I demand a challenge!"

It was true that his actions had not been noble or brave. But since when did senseless nobility or foolish bravery matter? Was exchanging blows the only thing that distinguished a warrior? Where he was born a fighter had to be able to use their heads and not just their hooves - and no matter how he looked at it it made no sense to assume that a war would be won before the first skirmish was over.

Cathun was angry, his pride was injured, his confidence in himself had received heavy blows, the fire erupting from his body the signs of a man marked by death... but his friend was alive, so he could afford to raise his voice.

Wonder Why A Lone Wolf Don't Run With A Clan
only Trust Your Instincts And Be One With The Plan
Credits

» Magic and Violence is permitted at all times
» Please tag me!

Einarr Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 hh :: 8 years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Time
If you could flick the switch and open your third eye
You'd see that we should never be afraid to die

In life, Einarr was many things, and there were many things he was not.

A coward happened to be what Einarr was not.

In a similar flare of black feathers and sand, the brute of a warrior landed heavily before the puny, blue gladiator. His eyes were hard and impassive, his jaw set like stone as he stared her down. "You fail to remember all of warrior's jobs." He snorted, cloven toes spreading on the sands below him. If she were to strike at him, he would be ready to move. Einarr was never an outright disrespectful warrior, but he be damned if he did not stand up for himself. Casting a sideways glance at the just-as-furious buckskin at his side, Einarr lifted his head some. She blew her words like smoke into the Mother of Companions' face, and the inky blood rider listened.

"Warriors to protect and serve. We are Guardians of Dragon's Throat. To Einarr, it mean protect outside and inside boarders." Massive wings curled into his sides, but his feathers ruffled and spread to let the warming winds enter. "Not all can leave Throat to fight--some must stay, to guard." His tone was flat and even, nothing above his normal speaking pitch. He was not here to yell at the woman, but he would not stay here to be yelled at, either. It was time for Ampere to let her emotions fall off of her sides, and to understand that there was more to being a warrior than leaving the desert and fighting whatever may come across the path.

In the back of his mind, Einarr wondered if Megaera or Gaucho would attend this meeting. What did they have to say to the warriors? To their family? There were many words and thoughts drifting within the primal beast, but he waited, with a tail flicking flies from his hocks. Until, that was, a stallion roared his demands for Megaera's throne and pride. Anger, raw and bursting, flamed like a lion inside of the inky stallion's chest. Einarr lowered his head some, ears flattening against his head. Reddened eyes narrowed darkly, and a desire to step forward and take this stallion's challenge as his own grew--but, in his head, he knew it was not his place. It was his--it was Megaera's place.

if you bury me, i'll bury you
pixel by sourful
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd
GAUCHO
& if we should die tonight then we should all die together
Gaucho was feeling refreshed. He suffered no side effects from his previous battle with the Wolf God - although that was all thanks to the Moon Goddess, and so even though his body was feeling fine, he almost wished that it wasn't.

The Wildfire heard Ampere's call for her warriors over the breeze. His dark ears swiveled to catch tones which suggested that the blue was anything but impressed. Snorting, he shook his head. Nothing new. It was one of the things that he loved valued about her as Gladiator. She never settled for just okay. She always pushed them harder, and the Dragon's Throat was better for it.

Like usual, Gaucho landed on a sand-dune just slightly to the right and behind Ampere. He would not usurp her power, especially not before the group. And although loud voices already were rising up, Gaucho was sure that Ampere could handle it. And if she couldn't, he would certainly be there to back her up. Hopefully his fiery presence served to simmer some of the more raucous voices.

Gaucho let his flaming wings hang loosely from his sides - so that his presence would not go un-noticed. His dark gaze surveyed those who had arrived. Some received a nod from him, others a stoic and hardened gaze. Vorsa flew forward towards Ampere - she always got the impression that the muscular blue mare didn't like her, but didn't know why. The phoenix constantly ignored Mara's mental warnings to leave her alone, and instead trilled a bright hello, plopping down on the sand near the blue's hooves.

Table style by Tamme!
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
Aithniel

Aithniel was summoned, and though she knew that she hadn't been a great warrior, the vehemency in Ampere's tone set her on edge. She appeared as she was told, stood with cold rage rooting her to the sandy floor, and her teeth ground together absently. Maybe she needed to get sparring more, but she was barely out of her youth and spent more of her time discovering who she was than trying to improve her warrior skills. Like any kid, she knew that she would have to mature and own up, so she stayed silent, lips set into a grim line.

There was a tickle in her lungs on top of the sores on her body, and she did not feel like fighting right now. Not like Shida. She didn't seem to have any diseases at all. Aithniel's silver eyes narrowed at the mention of her diseases, and she bristled visibly, rustling her feathers in fury as she felt fire begin to tickle at the corners of her vision. Anger made the fire harder to control - and easier to summon. She took a deep breath, wincing at an oozing sore before hearing Cathun's outrage.

She rolled her eyes and stared at the man-child. "You really want to demand a challenge only so you can have your ass handed to you?" she asked pointedly, her scowl visible and angry. "You were a coward who ran away - don't try to make it seem like anything else. I stayed. I fought. I still made it back, and I was part of killing an oppressive god. A fucking god. If I suffer for it, then so what. I made my herd proud." Her voice was a little softer than usual, though no less cutting.

"You want to stay here and protect? Fine. Don't act like it somehow makes you special." Aithniel glared hard at her hooves and took a deep breath when Gaucho approached, his simple presence serving to calm her and want to make her better. "If it's okay with you, I am going to wait until I can breathe better to spar. But, I have a feeling our god... the Sun God... is going to have to fight one of those monsters too, and I am going to be there for that."

There, she took responsibility.

Unlike some people.

I'll go down burning in your embrace

Tabini with many thanks to the amazing Blu

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Cathun has contracted GLL.

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
WINDOW SEAT TO CHAOS OVERLOAD

The appearance of Gaucho's bird Vorsa at her side caused a small rupture in her solidarity. She had stood, composed even as they flung their own words back to her, each one taken with a stony face and ready ears. Yet now as she prepared to respond and the damn bird appeared, she hesitated, briefly. She wasn't sure what it meant. Was it a sign that she was going too far? Was it a show of support (but if so why with this second slave that broke them?)?

She pushed the thoughts away as quickly as they came, too focused to even be angry at it, or him. The glance she spared it was all she could give before moving on, but it helped back the rage that was already at maximum level inside of her. Despite this, a smile curled against her dark lips, one edge tugging up higher, making it as rough and lopsided as ever. "Good," she began, her tone surprisingly light, but edged with something still, vehement. "So you all do want to fight still." Unlike some who prized respect above all else, Ampere honored truth. Anger did an excellent job at exposing one's honesty. She'd much rather they rage at her when they felt it, than dip their heads and give her fake smiles and empty apologies.

The screaming didn't help, but it didn't make things worse.
Silence fell after her words, and bird-like her head turned, attention placed strictly upon Shida and Einarr. "You're right," she commended at first, that grin tugging up one side of her mouth again; wolf-like with it's teeth and it's hidden purpose. "It would not be wise to leave the herd entirely defenseless. Yet I think we've more than enough warriors to spare more than just the two, Cathun and Aithniel, that bothered to show up. And forgive me, if I mistake your tactical brilliance with piss-stained laziness because YOU NEVER BOTHER TO DO YOUR OTHER FUCKING JOBS!" As her words continued they built into something furious, feathers and sparks rising alongside her tone as the storm within broke once more. The smile quickly morphed into a sneer, and ears that had been at attention now sunk against the folds of her mane, her teeth glinting beneath the wave of her lips.

She held them both with her stare, unyielding in her accusations, but they did not stand alone. When her ire had settled back into something contained, the blue steel of her eyes swept towards Cathun. His shouting was different. He wasn't yelling at her, exactly, and he wasn't defending himself either, per say. He was going on and on about something she didn't have a fucking clue about, but one thing she did catch was that he'd left the bear fight to attend to his apparent delivery boy duties. Her teeth ground together, and she sighed as if this discussion were labor intensive.

"Whatever Megaera told you, you'll need to ask her. As for you leaving the fight... don't ever do that again." Soft, but deathly serious Ampere addressed the boy of fire that she had seen potential in before. His youth was apparent, but she didn't hold age as a deciding factor once someone took up the name warrior. "Information is valuable, but that is why we have spies to collect it and give it. You are a warrior and your duty is to the fight and nothing else once you're in it. On the battlefield you are a king upon your throne and it is your right to dictate, just as healers boss us around once the dust settles, and crafters bark orders when we mine for metal, so you should have sent Ranjiri in your stead, especially if her health concerns you so." Disappointment was what she pooled him with. Not the rage (he had been at the fight after all), not the wind and the rain, just the soggy ground that was left, tired and worn out by the shameful show.

Not lingering on the gray stud Ampere swept her gaze to all of them. "Be at the next fight or sweat your ass off here patrolling and sparring, but either way you better be wearing salt or blood."

A M P E R E

darya87.deviantart.com

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Ampere has contracted GLL.

Tai

He bore the brunt of hard words and snide comments with a stony expression that betrayed only half of the anger and hurt he felt inside. They all condemned him for using his head, that much was clear, and the more he looked around the ranks the less Cathun felt like one of them. So what if he had ran? Was it so god awful to turn your back on a fight that he had to be spat in the face for it for all eternity?

He gave Aithniel a withering glare, unable to hold back the retorts that broke the dam of his patience.

"What would you know about that? Don't talk as though you know me! Who fucking cares about winning or losing, that's not even the point. And I wouldn't be so full of myself if I were you. It's clear as fucking day that you don't know the first thing about what repercussion is, girl. Come back and call me coward when you've seen half the things I have about what gods do to the ones that get in their way."

He spat at the ground by her feet, lips curling in disgust, and then turned to Ampere with the blazing eyes bright and hot as the Seer's fire itself.

"What you're saying is that warriors are no more than disposable meat-heads. Fine! If that's really how you see it then I won't be part of this shit any longer. Since I don't fit your narrow minded views I quit. And if you ever learn to see things from another perspective than your own, listen to what Ranjiri would have said if I told her to leave.

Not that I think you will - you're too sure that everything you think and say is right to even try."

It was petty, and it was childish, but the hurt of their rejection was too much and he was not mature enough to overlook it. Cathun turned on the spot and left, well aware that Gaucho was there to see him scatter sand and red-hot embers in the face of the Gladiator as he did so, fully knowing that he probably left the herd for good this time... At the very least he was throwing away the title as warrior, because there was no way he would - or could - stomach their spite!

He was still too young and much too proud to understand more than the fact that he wasn't good enough for them.

Credits

» Please tag me!

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
Aithniel

Aithniel had been on the receiving end of more terrifying things than Cathun's childish glare. Illynx's judgement and Zikar's desire to yank her wings from her body when she was barely old enough to leave her mother's side had hardened her against the ways of the world - filled her with rage that burned an eternal flame in her heart. His words only served to amuse her more, and she laughed once, shortly, bristling her feathers and tossing her head. Apocalyptic ash tumbled from her hair and wings, and her silver eyes glinted with amused malice.

"Oh please," she snarled, taking a single step forward. She didn't care that she was smaller, slighter or weaker. Even though her voice was husky from the weight in her lungs, she continued. "You're barely the same age as I am and you're a brat when you don't know how good you have it here! You want to compare lives then? You want to talk about repercussions?! I WAS LEFT TO DIE!" Aithniel yelled, her entire body tense and quivering with fury.

"I was starved and sick when jackals came to raise me, wanting to tear my wings from my sides - and my father did not rescue me. I had to do it MYSELF. Unlike you, who expects the world to be handed to you as if you were some kind of fucking royalty. Helovia has no royalty. Either man the fuck up or shut up." Aithniel felt the sores on her sides start to leak, blood running down her sides, and her voice turned raspy. She curled her lips back from her teeth and then listened to the rest of his speech.

She laughed again, shaking her head. "Maybe being a coward is just who you are. Maybe you'll just always run from a fight - just like now." Aithniel glared, flashing her lion tail around her hocks. "Once a quitter. Always a quitter."

I'll go down burning in your embrace

Tabini with many thanks to the amazing Blu

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Tai

A more mature stallion might have been able to keep walking without letting the sneers get to him. Then again, if Cathun had been mature he would probably never have ended up in this situation to begin with. As it was, his juvenile heart felt the piercing words like shards of glass stabbing into the raw tenderness of his heart and he spun around, ears flat against the poll and an expression of pure loathing as he snapped back at the god-child.

"Bu-fucking-hu! Are you expecting me to feel sorry for you, treat you like a poor mistreated princess? You, who talk about there not being royalty, even though you apparently expect to be treated like one yourself. I have never expected anything from this place, except possibly a chance to live."

"But apparently, living is not something expected of a warrior here, "
he said and shot a dark glower towards Ampere, "which is why I quit being one. Go ahead, call me coward or whatever you want. At least I know better than to think that death and glory goes hand in hand, because that's the biggest fucking delusion I've ever heard."

He snorted, jerked the head to throw coiling hair away from his face - only to remember that there was no hair anymore, only red-hot flames that snapped and crackled in the wind - and made to turn again, wanting nothing more than to leave this place, these judging, staring, narrow minded idiots who all were so prepared to throw away the only thing that really truly meant something.

"What can you even accomplish once you're dead? Just get over yourselves, every one of you."

It wasn't even anger that laced his words this time, but a deep, bleeding hurt that they didn't even try to understand him before judging.

But hey, who had ever cared about losers and cowards?

Credits

@Aithniel
@Ampere

Uh, so I replied anyway. If either of you want to continue, either with spar or conversations elsewhere, I'm all in! :)

» Please tag me!