the Rift

[OPEN] Break a Leg - No Not Literally! [Welcoming]

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

When she had left this morning the last thing she had been expecting was to be rushing back here with the newest recruit. It was a chance of sheer luck that the Falls was at least close to the threshold on this occasion. It was a slow journey but not one that she minded from time to time but not when someone was literally half dying beside her. Well maybe not, but she still had no idea what was wrong with the poor mare she found laying in the grass. The entire way back home hadn't been too bad at least not that she had really focused much on anything other than getting back here and not tripping over her own feet. Sighing softly as the waterfall finally came into view she nodded in its direction. "This is the Hidden Falls Imonada. Someone here should be able to help you better than I can." 

Pausing for a moment to gaze over the view she walked onwards sticking close to the black mare's side. Moving slowly she only drew to a stop when they reached the edge of the water, the pale mare hesitantly stepped away from the pegasus hoping she would be able to stand on her own. It was still a mystery as to what had happened but in time perhaps Imonada would be able to fill in the gaps when she was feeling a little better. "Are you feeling any better?" She questioned gently still worried about how her newest friend was feeling. Lifting her head to gaze around she wanted  to find Res to see if she could be of more help in this kind of situation. Since changing herds she was at a loss of who was still with them but Res was one she knew for sure had decided to stay. Her thoughts drifted to her best friends momentarily, she missed them being here, she missed their personalities, hell she just missed them in every way possible. She wondered where they had gotten to after the invasion, she would have to make time to track them down. Turning her attention back to the pegasus she once again shifted her eyes over her frame trying to figure out what was hurting her so much. "Is there anything I can get you?" Feeling helpless was one of the worst feelings in the world but she had no idea what else to do. 

Tags: Imonada , Resplendence
Notes: Sorry it's a little short

Image Credits

@Resplendence
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Imonada Posts: 61
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.1hh :: 3 (Frostfall) HP: 58 | Buff: NOVICE
Byrneve
Although mobile and conscious enough to take advantage of Brisa to lean on and guide her, literally, she said nothing the entire trip- drifting in and out of thought and even consciousness, her own sheer willpower and the support it received kept her walking, like some relentless zombie with its mind cast adrift in the dark sea. Once or twice she stumbles, even with the white mare's shelter and comfort. Odd, inconsequential things manage to filter through past her senses with startling clarity, stark piles of outside information she clung to like a raft, desperately, to stay awake.

Brisa's pale stone-smooth hooves sinking into the softly yielding ground, grasses pressed into a perfect track, the faint nearly inconceivable crunch of each step echoing loudly in her skull. The grass screamed, too, but Imonada wasn't completely convinced.

The feel of their bodies together. Brisa's coat velvety and pristine, but her own sour from the dried up sweat of her delirium. It made the corners of her dark, almond-shaped eyes water. She felt disgusting.

The lonesome cooing of rock pigeons, hidden away in their nests, trailing after the duo --no, with them-- like a mournful music panel to accompany the mood, an orchestra at their feet, in tune with their steady performance.

Sparrows flitting among the branches with a flirtatious exuberance, but to Imonada they looked like frantic spiders weaving disjointed, haphazard webs, the silk threads swaying out to her, shining like tiny gemstone rosaries.

I have lost my damned mind.
You made a mistake, and now the Gods punish you.
I should have been looking for Cobras...
How pathetic. An addict that cannot even do what they do best.

For all Imonada knew, it could have been days or weeks- but surely not. She would have been buried by then, cradled in the dirt. Thinner than normal and smaller than Brisa, it should not have been too difficult to shoulder the burden of a wounded companion, but much to Imonada's great relief her new friend finally claims they have arrived, relieving Brisa of her duty and allowing the weight of her own guilt to shed away like old snake skin. With an added bonus of tucking her legs down carefully to lay down again, of course, only this time she consents. With another one of those heavy, breathless sighs of hers, her sides inflating like bellows to accommodate, she blinks at the crown of waterfalls and their floating islands that makes for the tribe's territory. So many, she didn't bother to count- from fat kings that stretched hundreds of meters across, as wide and untouchable as the great whales she'd once glimpsed during a clan migration near the shoreline. Thousands more flooded her vision, some as small as brook-spill, all glittering wildly from within the steppe of trees; silver jewels strewn across jade-green velvet. Each even had their own rainbow!

"Good Gods!"

Her voice is much louder and much clearer than before, that burr more heavily pronounced in the guid. That is when she realizes Brisa is probing her.

"Oh... I'm sorry. I am... okay... for now, but," she states plainly before pausing longer, as if steeling herself for a quick moment, "there is a wee flower my... culture refers tae as Cobra's Tongue. It will help wi' everythin'." Perhaps if she was straightforward and unashamed, it would not be a terribly awkward exchange. "Please. I thenk ye much so," Probably unbeknownst to herself, there is a dimly lit note of pleading in her voice, the subconscious child in her weak and afraid, leaking out.

In the meantime, she looked two nods shy of falling asleep.

~

(OOC: @Brisa No apologizing! *hugs* BTW I am a tad slower on weekdays because of work, but I pick up on the weekends!)
elizabeth: you're not telling us everything.
red: let me put your mind at ease; i'm never telling you everything.
--blacklist

force allowed
plotting prior to death/maiming please

[Image: a0jmns.png]
line art by jennyleigh

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Okay. She wasn't necessarily herself, but she had broken out of enough of this weird state to at least allow herself back into the herdlands. Still, she hid in her prison-cell-made-home by the herb garden and tended to refuse to leave. Valiance did the checks on the herd, to make sure no one was dying in order to force her from the small nook.

Of course, just as she thought she would be fine to sleep - to continue hiding for another day - Valiance found a subject near Brisa who did not look to be in the best of shapes.  Slowly, Resplendence tumbled onto her hooves, eyes trying to blink out the haze of the tar - and after a few minutes it was finally clear (though her eyes were still a frightening red shade).

Valiance dropped down before Brisa and offered a few clicks (as well as a puff of his chest and a fluff of his feathery appendages) to let her know that Resplendence was on her way. It took a little bit, though, Resplendence concerned that she would accidentally pass on this weird affliction by getting too close to them. In fact, it took some persuasion from Valiance to get her to shuffle just into view and bob her head to Brisa and then the new mare. She wants to speak but she doesn't want to choke. So, instead, she tilts her head to the side and allows some of the Earth Rank magic to pull forth from the ground. Vines sprouting and swaying a little - prepared to go to whomever she directed them toward upon her command. Prepared to heal whatever afflictions she could..

@Brisa --- apologies for the wait!! Res can't talk because of GLL and it's changed her eye colour. Let me know what the issue with Imonda is and she can heal it - which is what she's trying to get across with the vines.

@Random Event --- for the GLL thing
Resplendence
i don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand
x - x
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Looking back to the black pegasus she took a moment to study her with worried concern. Before she had been so focused on getting her back here before she collapsed she hadn't had time to really access her fully. She was obviously weakened but was this from travelling or something else entirely? When she had found her the girl had complained of pain which she had assumed to be from her wing, but was it elsewhere as well? What had she gone through before she had found her in the threshold. Where had she come from? There were all so many things she still did not know about Imonada but she hated to pry and seem too intrusive by all the questions. Resenting to being patient and waiting until she was offered the information willingly she dropped her eyes so not to freak out her new friend by staring. Sometimes she would get lost in thought and not realize what she was looking at until someone actually drew her attention to it. Maybe someday she would manage to break herself of all her bad habits and learn to not embarrass herself or make herself look like a complete idiot. Oh that would be the day.

As Imonada finally found her voice she perked her ears forward to ensure she caught all her speech. Cobra's tongue? Why had she heard of that name before? Perhaps it had been mentioned at one of the plant lessons Res had thankfully managed to teach her, for lack of a better source she chose to go with that reasoning. If she remembered correctly that had been the strange looking green and red plant that sort of resembled a snake if you looked at it long enough. But where would she find it? While she could remember the minimal description of the plant there was not a chance she remembered where to find the thing. If Imonada was familiar with it perhaps she would recall where she might find some. "I have heard of that plant before, but do you know where I might be able to find it? Or at least where it likes to grow?" She asked wishing Res was here to throw in her vast knowledge of the healing world. 

A streak of red caught her attention in the form of Valiance, Resplendence's partner in crime. It had been awhile since she had seen him but she was happy that he had arrived and from his gestures she assumed Res wasn't too far behind. Eventually her friend appears between the greenery but strangely does not go much farther. Confused the girl tilts her head looking over to her friend only to find the reason she did not wish to come closer. Feeling horrible for asking her to come out when she was obviously not feeling well with whatever sickness was going around she throws her a sympathetic look of apology. Turning back to Imonada she motions to where Res is standing with her vines waving slightly in the breeze. "This is Resplendence, our herd's healer. She can help you get better but she will need you to tell her what is going on and where it hurts." She commented trying to explain things the best she can. "She isn't feeling so great with this strange illness that has been popping up so she wants to keep her distance so not to infect us." Looking back to Res for confirmation that she hadn't said anything wrong she turns back to Imonada.  

Cobra's Tongue Reference

Brisa talks

•• TAGS: @Imonada , @Resplendence 
•• NOTES: Had to break in my new table <3 ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
Picture Credits: Here
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Byrneve
Imonada has drifted off to neverland by now with her cleanly sculpted head laid to the cool soft turf of rich green, oblivious to poor Brisa's inner turmoil and worried hawk-like gaze upon her, so similar to a mother fretting. It is only a superficial doze however, her consciousness quickly rising to break surface when the white mare's gentle voice calls to it. "Huh," is more of a statement than a question, missing the tail inflection. "Oh. It grows wi' th' cattails. Shallaw water." She speaks in a slow, measured pace, still a bit dazed. Rest and the willow bark have aided her improved clear-headedness, but it's within the most basic of knowledge of herbalism that the positive affects will soon succumb to what ails her. 

Something is coming.

For once, she is grateful of that mysterious and invasive probe into her mind. She lifts her head and cranes her neck back just in time to see the gathering veins, writhing and prehensile, alive at the command of the golden mare meters off, she herself suffering. The wild movement startles her for a moment, but a faint aura of peace with a note of gentle power radiates outward from Resplendence and soothes it away like a caressing nuzzle. She was as beautiful as Brisa in her own way. Where the hell am I?

Imonada peers up at Brisa, her stalwart guardian, her own glittering onyx eyes critical and yet thoughtful. "She is nae well?" She asks calmly, but does not wait for a response before directing her attention back onto another new face so ethereal to address the healer in a polite, albeit tired, tone. "Well met, Madem R'splendense." Under her breath she mutters something that sounds suspiciously like 'mebbe nae so well' before she pauses. With a feathery sigh that rushes past her nostrils, she continues. Previous experience with healers had her knowing many that were straight-forward with their desire for all the details. Being careful was not only in their craft, but often woven into their very nature. "My left wing is nae guid. Ah suspect ye are quite skilled, but it is a disaster. Dinnae worry yourself wi' it." As if on cue, she winces when the said limb cycles through a flare of molten agony. "'En again, mebbe somethin' fur the pain. But ah have nae eaten or drenk in days wi' a number ah dinnae remember." With that she frowns, burrows furrowing into groves, as if shamed by this admission. How careless she had been. Would they chastise her when she was well again?

~

(ooc: I love the new layout!! I need to make one when the art comes... eeee...)

> @Resplendence & @Brisa <
--blacklist

force allowed

line art by jennyleigh

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Imonada has contracted GLL.

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Aye, the mare was interesting. Tired, but interesting. The gentle healer kept her distance, afraid to speak - afraid to choke again even though the tar seemed to burn at her throat and her mind screamed for her to speak. Still, she was glad for the pallid mare before her, who explained what Resplendence had intended to the newcomer - to the one who might be utterly put off by the way the vines had just sprouted before them.

She manages a smile, though she doubted it looked friendly, calming, or gentle (as she had intended), especially with the tar that was leaking from her eyes, nose and mouth. No. She wasn't a pretty sight. And she definitely didn't think that looking this way helped matters at all. Still, the vines began to shift forward as Brisa explained what Res was hoping to have been able to explain by herself. There was a gentle nod of thanks to the pallid mare before turning back to the pegasus. Explanation tumbled from the mare's mouth in a slightly different accent - a strange drawl.

So, she hadn't eaten. Not very intelligent, but perhaps something was messing with her insides - causing her pain. So, without the ability to look inside and see what was wrong she allowed her vines to coat the mare in mud, to wrap around what they could without causing her to panic, and to offer something for the pain. Perhaps a few nutrients back into her body - to coax the mare back into eating. Aye, though she knew that she could not force the mare to eat or drink, perhaps the few nutrients that were necessary to keep her from dying would let her begin to eat again.

She could only hope that using the vines didn't spread this sickness. She didn't want to make this newcomer sick while trying to heal.

So sorry about the wait! Didn't plan on life making me pause as long as I did!
Resplendence
i don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand
x - x
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Byrneve

Poor Resplendence was a ghastly sight, although Imonada herself did not have much headway above that descriptor, either. Quite taken she is with the other mare's innate elegance and sublime beauty; but in that sticky messy hazy way of infirm lassitude, a new realm borne when reality and fantasy caress one another with an intimate delicacy, she is reminded of a great work of art shamelessly defaced by ghoulish vandalism. Where this gold creature should radiate, she leaks purification and disease. A contrariant bundle of emotions, pity and revulsion, hollow out a pit in Imonada's gut to vie for dominance, but she has no strength to boost one or the other--and so they remain mired with the sundry, overshadowed by pain and bodily distress.

A weeping angel come to heal her, whose kindness the mask of sickness cannot obscure, smiling reassuringly through the tears--Imonada cannot help but return the gesture, just as weakly, in her own attempt at fostering common ground between two stranger souls. To be so ill and yet offer power to another from a reserve that must be draining, a selfless feat appreciated even in the mental fog of disarray.

She will make you sick...
I'm already sick.

When the vines come, she is ready; insofar as she can allow it she wills her body to lax, to drop her harried defenses, giving quarter with as little resistance as possible. With a gradual closing of her dark eyes, Imonada begins to meditate, matching to the rhythmic pulse of magic-imbued life that surrounds her womb-like in tranquility and swaddled comfort. Even the mud it drags with it is not jarring in temperature, at first refreshingly cool before becoming toasty with a warmth that compliments her own body heat. This feeling... That frosty dam of hers who shed breadcrumbs of affection faster than rock aged, wrapping her twin blight-stricken baby daughters into the encompassing embrace and sound darkness of her soft wings, an unwavering promise of security joined in hand by the tender passion of maternal love written into the very touch of the feathers, while seducing them to rest with ancient lullabies... So many memories of her mother and her sister were polluted by a sorrow much unwelcome, but right now, this one, fills her with the gentle light of hope -- something so foreign she would normally reject it, but in a weakened state, she yields to the fantasy.

Until an angry roar stirs her from trancing; the accompanying shock of blinding pain in her stomach has her lurching upright to a fair, if not wobbly, standing. "Och mah." She manages a fragile, humble little laugh at herself, which is quickly followed by a wince when another hunger pain strikes hard. Her throat, too, how horrible, like a husk it felt as if she had swallowed mouthful after mouthful of salt. Suddenly whipped into a wild frenzy of starvation and thirst as her body finally catches back up, she is a mere puppet to its whim, discarding her social graces for pure survival. She'll thank them both more thoroughly at some point, but animal instinct forces her to begin mowing down nearby succulents and grasses.

The strange curse Resplendence had transmitted to Imonada, both unknowing but distantly suspecting, settles deep into her lungs and begins to grow.

*It's ok!!! This looks like a good spot to wrap it up tho'
--blacklist

force allowed

line art by jennyleigh