Savages! Savages! [HERD MEETING]

Einarr Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 hh :: 8 years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Time
Stand on my feet
Dance the warrior, the warrior

EINARR

As the darkling guardian stands there, he feels no guilt or remorse for his actions. He knows he is not liked in this moment--the way eyes send daggers straight for his heart is enough to attest for that. But popularity does not matter to the bloodrider--justice does. Red-brown eyes kept their firm gaze on Ampere as she spat at him. He did not move, he was a wall of impenetrable silence, a vigil of truth, a sentinel of protection. "Ampere make Laedere feel unsafe and unwelcome--how that doing job?" He asked simply, tail flicking a fly from his rump. "Ampere make Laedere feel "abomination of Throat". Ampere not care for Laedere--Ampere care for no one but Ampere--not when rhoa--companion--involved." Ampere did not need to do her job when it mattered, she needed to do her job always, regardless of how she felt personally convicted against companions. Helovia was flourishing with companions, many standing before the warriors now had companions--including their Khal and Sultana. Einarr let his wing stretch out and cover Laedere, to remind her of his promise. No harm would come to her--for it would have to come through him first. 

"Einarr know Laedere not first victim of Gladiator. Einarr just first brave enough to put end to it." Einarr snorted, droplets of black tar rocketing from his nostrils. Surprise overtook him, and he leaned down to rub his tar-streamed eyes on his knee. Bringing his head back towards the small mare, he glowered at her again. "Ampere give Einarr athzhikhar." He whispered, voice hard and accusatory. Defending herself might have been the easy part, with her favor help so highly and uneducatedly by this herd, but now she stood before them spreading the disease of the new land. Dark ears pinned for a moment, before Gaucho stepped in. The stallion brought his own inquiry, and something within Einarr's heart resolved even more. He understood his Sultan--understood his mannerisms and his thought patterns--for Einarr shared some of them. Hash yer asti k’athijilari? He thought Ampere before she began her defense. Einarr did not know if the woman would lie before her Khal to keep herself safe, or if she held her beliefs so tightly that she would tell the truth.

athzhikhar :: sickness
Hash yer asti k’athijilari? :: Are you speaking truthfully?

if you bury me, i'll bury you
pixel by sourful

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
A M P E R E
"Any existence deprived of freedom is a kind of death" -- Michel Aoun

Where are they? she thought with a certain fringe of desperation that she hated to hear, even inside her own consciousness. She couldn't not feel that cold slip of dread pass through her though the longer silence filled the spaces between them. Whenever it wasn't there, when someone spoke. her ears pricked, but the voices never came for her. They just went on and on about diseases and real threats - just like she said, just like she wanted.

Except, wasn't anyone going to speak up for her? Wasn't anyone going to defend her? She had never expected support before, not when she'd been on her own and knew it was her against the world. She had a family now though, or thought she did. Friends too, or at least, horses she spoke to routinely and liked well enough, didn't they count? Hadn't she made allies after all this time, or was she still alone in this sea of sand?

Come on she pleaded, but the voice that struck next was her Sultana's, and like a gavel it fell hard and unbiased. Blinking at the darkness that curled around her lashes Ampere turned to look at the Sunspear, but she didn't find the agreement she was hoping for. It seemed she would, at first, though the mare's face was serious and sharpened with edges Ampere didn't remember seeing there before. Still, Megaera's voice came out clearly, even saying that she agreed with her. The tug of a smile began to appear at Ampere's maw, but just as quickly it vanished when the Sultana's next wind of words came. "WHAT!?" Ampere cried out incredulously, sparks roaring to life near her hooves. Stop some wiser part of her insisted, and with an audible click her jaw slammed shut, biting her tongue. Her wings pressed tightly against her sides and gently the energy she'd produced fizzled out. All the while she stared at Megaera.

Ampere knew too well the weight a crown bore on your head, causing you to bow when you otherwise wouldn't have, but not this, this betrayal! She had thought she could at least depend on Megaera's warrior sense to drive her to wisdom here, but the mare was insistent on... well Ampere didn't even know what the fuck this was, a trial?
Where is Gaucho?

Ampere's gut churned, and she coughed harshly, gritting her teeth as she tried to keep it in because damnit she had worse things on her hooves right now than an illness. Laedere spoke, and Ampere was happy enough to hear the pathetic cunt hadn't tried to distort any of the events to vilify Ampere further, although Ampere hadn't a clue as to what mad raving about skeletons she was referring to earlier - was that not proof enough she was a stupid whore who shouldn't be the one calling Ampere's character into question so easily?

Slowly but surely loosing the grip on her self control as this insanity plummeted onward, Ampere was only saved by him. On fiery wings her salvation came, saving her from what surely would have been a downward spiral of self-defending tirades fueled with bitterness and anger at the injustice she felt for this entire ordeal.

Like an angel come to pull her from her murk, so the Wildfire's light came. Her gaze was as drawn to him as ever, intent on him before he'd even landed, despite this small war she was caught up in. She had avoided him for that very purpose, had hated so vehemently the feelings that would not subside nor be controlled whenever she let herself look at him, breathe him in, speak to him. And now?
Now it was all still there, no matter the absence she had forced upon them, no matter the rift she had expertly carved out of their hearts. He was here, and she beheld him fully and felt, relief.

Her name was pushed from his lips, and though it lacked anything intimate, it still felt like he had said ti just for her. There was little need to say it though, he already had her full attention, and she knew why. For so long she had wondered what inexplicably drew her to the stallion, and seemingly him to her. She had never felt for someone like she had him, and that sensation had confused and challenged her endlessly, even know when she willed every fiber of her being to not. Finally, she thought she understood what it was, what everyone always called it.

She loved him.

Right in this moment the realization broke over her. There were countless reasons why, but that he asked sensible things like he just did, that he didn't accuse her but asked her, that he could withstand her verbal (and physical) abuse - unlike some hoes - were all part of it. She did not have to hesitate to answer, did not even have to wonder over his strange language or how good it sounded when he said it, all she had to do was open her mouth and say, "Yes." Because if anyone knew her, if anyone saw her and all the blood and sweat she poured into this herd on the daily, they'd see that she was always willing to put her life on the line for them, no holds barred. For Sun's sake she loved someone who had crushed her heart twice when he'd wrought chains from the souls of two beings, and loving someone like that, who went against everything you stood for, was a hell of a lot harder than just dying for someone.

She didn't get a chance though, not yet, not with Einarr continuing to bash her name into the dirt over what, one incident some mare his dick was probably riding said? The more he spoke, the further Ampere drifted from Gaucho's saving light. By the end of it she wanted to launch herself at Einarr right now and force him to shut the hell up, but her coughs sapped some of her normal vigor, and her forced self-control grappled the rest. Ampere wouldn't help her case by fighting now, not if she was the one challenging.

"You're not brave," she hissed under her breath, teeth grinding against each other as she chewed on her wrath. It didn't matter though, because Einarr wasn't even the worst one here, and neither was Laedere. It was everyone else who just stood here pretending this either wasn't happening or like maybe it should. Suspiciously she cast her gaze at all of them, her feathers bristling as she felt cornered by their eyes. He was accusing her of making him sick for fuck's sake (maybe he would have been already if he'd been brave enough to fight at all), and was no one going to say anything, to stop him? Was it alright that he was slinging her through the mud, but what, she couldn't get angry about it, couldn't argue about it now because then it'd be her fault when it was his!?
Megaera.
Sikeax.
Badger.
Ilios.
Sacre. 
Aithniel.
Cera.
Nasreen.
Gaucho.
Maren.

She looked to each of them when it seemed she'd finally have a chance to talk. Were any of them going to help?
Just me.

"Whatever your deeds, your words, your opinions, or the status of your soul, if you are Dragon's Throat, you are family and I am always willing to protect my family no matter the cost." Still, it stung a bit that she had to say it out loud, for them. "Family argues sometimes, there's no avoiding that, but by the Sun we have each other's backs, always." As she spoke she continued to stare at her herd, her family that stood like stone. Her stance was stoic, head held high despite everything Einarr was trying to do to lower it, her muscles taut as she stood stall. The passion was evident in her tones, each word something she poured herself into, accentuating certain areas, wings flaring at others. If no one here knew nothing about her after all, then they would at least know she was passionate and she was honest, wouldn't they? 

Stone-faced she turned her attention to Megaera. "I saw Laedere on the bridge as she said, the dolphin in tow. I've never seen a dolphin in the air before then, but I've seen them in the sea plenty often. I tried to drag her back there, until Laedere told me the dolphin belonged to her." Ampere's lips twisted into a small, wry grin that lacked any joy. "Her dolphin, like she fucking owns the thing, like any of us can own anything that is alive. Sounds like the words of someone who keeps slaves." Tar ran in rivulets down Ampere's face. She shook her head, coughing sharply with all her words and the energy she put behind them. "So I told her as much, then I flew away, like she said. I didn't touch a damn hair on her hide. If she has a problem with the way I tell the truth then that seems like something she needs help with. Maybe Maren can give her therapy."

"So if you're all done accusing me now, I'll say it again. If anyone has a problem with me, then face me, not this bull shit. Otherwise, I'd like to see about those patrols, Sultana, and get some real work done protecting my family - all of them." Tar ran around the corners of her mouth, staining her teeth dark. When she coughed small bits of it sprayed, but no one had to worry, she stood alone. Either way, she was sick too but she wasn't fucking complaining about it like the dark horse and his pigeon. 

Credits: Image by Tabini
Coding by Tamme

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri</style>
in this world full of people there's one killing me
and if we only die once i wanna die with you
</style>

I was late to arrive to the meeting that Megaera called, so I didn't hear everything that had been said or the accusations that had been made. What I did hear, though, made me frown as I stood off to the side listening. From what I understood from the oddly spoken mare, Laedere, Ampere had yelled at her for having a companion and made her feel unsafe. Einarr, the dark stallion that she stood next to, had come in like her knight in shining armor to rescue her. And now Ampere, our Gladiator was put on trial to answer for her actions. 

Why? Did we not have more important things to worry about? Were there not new lands with new gods and new horses and new illnesses popping up left and right? Why should we be worried about Ampere yelling at some mare and hurting he feelings instead of talking about how we should defend ourselves? I was not a warrior, nor was I military minded, but even I knew that hurt feelings shouldn't take precedence over the safety of the herd.

Since when did yelling at someone mean that they weren't safe? If yelling meant someone was unsafe then everyone in my mother's herd would have been unsafe because she was always yelling or ranting about something when she was Chieftess. Even though she yelled at them she would still bleed to protect them. I couldn't help but think that Ampere would do the same.

Ampere spoke and as she did I found myself drifting closer to her because I didn't think it was right that our Gladiator be put on trial right then. If her actions were really so horrendous I felt that it could be handled in private with only those involved. "With all due respect Sultana and Gaucho." I said as I looked at them in turn. "Why are we putting Ampere on trial now when there are more important things for us to worry about? Like when the next god will show up with a new land, a new corrupt god to fight, and new illnesses? Should we not be taking the time that we have to come up with some kind of strategy? Or at least let Ampere?" 

I was confused and I was sad that Ampere had to defend herself while everyone just watched without stepping up to say anything. There was injustice in it and even though I may not have agreed with her view of companions I knew there was injustice in it. "Hasn't Ampere already done her job with helping to protect all of us?" I asked next. "Companion or not." I know there's the saying that actions speak louder than words, and hadn't all of her actions been to take care of our family and protect us? Shouldn't that count for something?

"."

Image Credits

aud pixel!

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
a light from the shadows shall spring

Late. Mesec realized it as soon as he noticed the crowd that had already gathered. Teleporting would get him there faster but he was unwilling to draw attention to himself, not after the events in the Labyrinth. Lucius was still with Najya but Mesec had hurried to follow the call of the Sultana. Hurry though he did, the silver and black stallion had already missed much. He found a spot on the outskirts, near a white and brown pegasus that he had seen land just moments ago, and smiled at her faintly - they were both tardy. 

But though he was just about to introduce himself, his attention was grabbed by the group - no, not the group. By Ampere. His focus would always be driven to her, whatever the crowd that surrounded her, though she stood alone at the moment. Were the others afraid to stand too close to get sick? He could see the same stains on other faces around them - it was spreading. His tardiness had kept him from joining her but why all her friends should do the same baffled him - had they not all stood together in the Labyrinth, sending dagger-filled eyes to his mother? 

How anyone could doubt the Gladiator and her passion for this herd and those that lived in it baffled him, why did she need to defend herself? As he had not heard the rest of the story, he sided with her instantly - snorting quietly in frustration that others seemed not to be.

Although he did not have the words to show his support, it would be foolish to speak up when he had only just arrived, he decided to do something. So he moved forward to find a spot beside Ampere, reaching out to touch her shoulder gently, before turning his gaze on the crowd. His support was quiet, for now, but undeniable. At least one found a voice to defend Ampere - the black and gold girl that had cried out Hototo’s name in the skirmish with the wolves. A small smile then, the Gladiator wasn’t so alone.

image by Blu

Mesec joins Nasreen at the edge of the group before going to stand beside Ampere
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Badger Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Gelding :: Equine :: 15'2hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Snow

B A D G E R

I don't like conflict.

Amongst horses I consider to be my friends - however weak our connection may be - conflict is even worse than against a stranger. Seeing the close bonds of my herdmates crumble and shatter before my eyes bids a whimper to come from my throat, and my ears flop slightly, miserably. I can't get involved, though, because I don't fully understand what's going on. From what I can tell, the sparky-blue-mare doesn't like those bonded to companions, which happens to include Laedere. A big black stallion is standing up for Laedere, and I wonder for a second if they're a thing. I like Laedere a lot, as she was the one to bring me here, and I only hope the somewhat coarse-sounding stallion is treating her right.

If not then I'll....probably just wave my herbs at him in a threatening manner.

Then Megaera, the lead mare, speaks. When she addresses me, I feel myself wobbling slightly, but do my best to force a smile to my face. The smile becomes genuine, however, when she finishes speaking. She offers me the Sun's gift and the position of Alchemist, and although I'm not savvy on all the positions in the Throat, that sounds like a promotion. And the Sun's gift sounds pretty nifty, too. Perhaps it will give me the power to heal people magically, rather than via herbs? "Oh, thank you, Miss Sultana! I won't let you down." I beam like a lunatic, swelling up where I stand. Recognition is uncommon for me - even with the humans, I was just one of a number, rather than a name. Now I've been promoted, my hard work acknowledged. It feels brilliant. Even the black goo oozing gently down my face cannot dampen my spirit.

Not everyone is as jovial as I, however. Tensions continue to rise, and I release another sorry huff of breath. When Gaucho, the lead stallion - and a fearsome man if ever there was one - arrives, I trust he will set things in order. But, if anything, his appearance acts as a catalyst to make things worse. Einarr and the spark-mare, Ampere, look like they might come to blows, and I wouldn't like to hedge my bets on the winner of that. Ampere speaks passionately about the companion bond, and I fnd myself frowning. I think back to the egg that Ashamin won, that I had tried for - is the creature inside slaved to his mind, or is it a mutually beneficial relationship? I don't know what to believe.

The mare looks at us all, judging us. I quiver slightly, realising she seems to want us to pick a side. How can I do that?! I barely know who is arguing for what. But I will look like the coward I am if I simply stand here and say nothing, and how can I justify that when I've just been handed a new rank? A new mare enters, black and gold, and says what I'm thinking - that this is stupid now, when we have far more intense pressures on our plate. Black tar oozes from my nostrils as a I drag in a deep, frightened breath. "I don't know any of you well enough to say who I think is right or wrong. I do agree with this lady here, however - " Here I nod my haltered head towards Ranijiri, "- that now is perhaps not the best time to be doing this. In my opinion, our first priority should be finding the cure to this disease, and preparing for the possibility of new illnesses in the near future. So far there's been two new lands, with two new diseases. What if more lands appear, and the illnesses they bring are fatal ones? We should be pooling our resources and doing everything in our power to cure the infected and prevent it spreading further, as well as preparing for future epidemics." Damn, public speaking almost makes me faint into a terrified puddle, but I try to sound strong and fill my voice with a resolve I don't truly feel. Who am I, to have an opinion? I'm just a lowly new member, albeit one recently promoted. I fully expect to be shot down in flames, but try to hold my head high and not look as terrified as I feel.

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
In a way, it was all Gaucho’s fault. Not the wild gods, or the spread of sickness, or even the internal spats between herdmates. It was Gaucho’s fault that Meg felt so terribly responsible for all of it. He had made her Sultana and instead of attending a meeting she was calling it, instead of taking orders she was expected to give them. Now so many eyes looked to her for answers, for decisions, for justice, and where was Gaucho? She was trying. Couldn’t they see that she was trying to rule her herd as well as herself, trying to tame her temper and fix her faults, and for them….All for them. Oh to be just a soldier again, what a wonderful thing that would be.

Laedere spoke her piece and as the Sunspear sifted through her extravagant speech she became more and more confused. Then gaucho swanned in, and even his presence did not bring the comfortable sense of solidity and calm that her Sultan and mentor usually brought her. His only words were for Ampere, his only focus was Ampere. What the ever loving fuck is the deal with those two?! Meg’s ears went flat and she turned her head as Einarr spoke, and then again to the blue for her sulky rebuttal. They were quibbling over some misunderstanding over a dolphin? And what was Ampere’s issue with companions? This was the big matter? THIS is what had reduced Laedere to a quivering wreck and Einarr to call for Ampere’s very position in the herd? Ampere had misunderstood, and perhaps she could have been a bit gentler once it was clear there was no hame done, but she’d done no real harm that Meg could see, yet this other mare seemed to terrified, so childlike in her panic, of course Einarr would feel the need to protect her. Ampere was a shouty bitch, that’s what made her a sister-in-arms for Meg. Einarr was the solid defender, that’s what made him… well it made him something even if Meg could not say wha it is or what she wanted it to be. And Laedere was just frightened. She could fell the steam rising in her lungs, feel the shout build as her fiery glare swept the assembly. If they thought this so damn import--

Ice-water doused her fire in one gut wrenching pull. She’d caught sight of Cera, standing away from the rest looking worse than she had ever seen him. The past months had not been good to her friend but this was something new. With the same black tar seeping from his nose and eyes like so many others, he looked more defeated and broken than ever. He’d attacked the goddess, she suddenly remembered, his grief ad rage and pain had driven him to that extreme and after that battle she had just left him there. She’d been keyed up and angry and had just stormed off to comfort herself in prayer and had left him, left them all to make their own way home.

A feeling she was not wholly familiar with crashed over the Sunspear: disappointment. Disappointment in her herdmates, who had brought these petty arguments and misunderstandings to her feet when there were bigger problems to be faced, when some of their own were so broken standing out of sight just behind them. Disappointment in herself, that she had not had the wisdom or the strength to be a better Sultana. As Ranjiri spoke, as Badger raised his voice to be added, Meg’s eyes found both and she gave each a nod and solemn smile. Thank you, she thought, but did not voice. Thank you for being a voice of reason. Resolve, to be better, to make them better burned in Megaera’s heart and for once it was not a spark, quick and temperamental and out of control, but and ember the burned and glowed and endured. She glanced to her right, where the eagle sat, and the bird gave her a nod, approval and the courage to be calm.

When the bay mare took another step forward, she wasn’t Meg. This was The Sunspear, Sultana of Dragon’s Throat and defender of her realm and her people. She stood, a solid foundation of stone and spoke with a voice that could command the wind, deep and passionate and unwavering. If it had to be a persona, if it had to be a guise that she must don for the good of her people than so be it. Inside she could be angry and fearful but that had to be Meg, the Sunspear could not suffer from such faults. “My family, our brother and sister are right. Helovia is facing something strange and unknown. What two of our gods have brought us is battle and sickness and if somewhere in their divine plan is a purpose to it, I have not yet the sight to see it. All through the night I stood at this fire and I prayed for understanding. I asked the Sun God why these trials have been placed at out door and I asked how to combat the monsters we face… All night I pleaded that he might give me the answers so that when I called you here this morning I would have some weapon to offer, some gift. He did not give me the answers I sought.” She paused, dark eyes moving to find each and every pair present. “I do not doubt our God of Sun, for I see now before me what he had already granted: this Family.”

“We cannot let our fear or our faults pull us apart, and I say that as one who has been as guilty as any. This is the Dragon’s Throat. We are a strong people but if we cannot rely on each other, trust each other, love each other, then we have nothing. If we cannot be a herd united then we are only savages, and i would not expect that from any of you… I will not accept that from any of you.”

Black eyes met the golden gaze of the diviner, and the Sunspear regard her curiously. “As I said, they should be treated with caution until we know more about them and why they are here. But it seemed to me that some fought their ill gods along side us, if they are truly just refugees than I ask you to count from our number that was born here… I was a refugee once, and I think that you were too…”

Then started with the Blue, turning her head to regard the lightning mare. “Ampere, I do not doubt your passion or commitment to this family, and I have counted you a friend. In regards to what has passed today there are matters I would like to speak with you about, but this is not the time. If we are right in thinking the east is where we might see more of these events if they occur then that is where we should turn our eyes; I will leave the patrols on your capable shoulders.”

She turned her eyes to the inky stallion who seemed determined to tear her apart, and wondered why he suddenly had such a horrid effect on her, whether he knew that’s what he was doing. She had never wanted to be weak, never wanted to be afraid or small or useless like her father had always said she was, but if she was, would Einarr defend her like he did Laedere? Why does that matter to you Megaera? Why does that matter? “Einarr. If you are troubled by Gaucho’s choice of Gladiator, by my choice, then it is your right to challenge it. None of the three of us would not shrink if you called for us at the arena, and the other two would not interfere but i ask you to think very carefully before you risk weakening our herd when we do not know when he may face next.”

Slowly she stepped around Einarr, casting a quick glance at the stallion and from the eyes of the Sunspear peeked Megaera. Please don’t hate me for that. I am not against you… I am never against you  She turned then to Laedere and drew upon the gentleness that thus far only Mordecai had ever drawn out of her. Affa… Affa… She soothed and reached out a wing to rest gently upon the mare’s shoulder. “Laedere, I am sorry that you felt yourself afraid and an outcast here, that should not have happened. I fear we may be as rough a people as the desert we live in but you may trust our hearts are in the right place. Do not fear that raised voices among this bunch spells your end…” She gave a small smile. “You are free to shout back just as loud.”

“Mesec…” As much as she the Sunspear talked of unity, Megaera was not a perfect being. She turned again and fixed her eyes on Mesec and had an edge in her voice no matter how she tried to hold it back. Mother, he called the Goddess…Darling, she called him. But she had known him briefly during the investigation of the Moon’s murders… had he known then? Had he played them all for fools. ”Dark wolf.” Gwaihir hissed in her mind and flapped from his perch on the wolf-god’s skull to Megaera’s back and matched her dark stare with his golden one. “I would ask you remain for a few moments when this meeting is adjourned”

"."
The Basics:
- For once Meg doesn't see Gaucho as a stand-in for perfection (I think this is a healthy comedown >.>)
- Meg has a minor internal crisis and compartmentalizes her life
- Gives a nod to Ranjiri and Badger for not being drama llamas
- Speechifies about DT being totally BOSS
- "Maren, slow down a bit on that xenophobia"
- "Amp, we're still bros, right? <3 (but maybe lets talk later about appropriate shouting venues)"
- "Einarr...... IF YOU WANNABE MY LOVER YA GOTTA GET WITH MY FRIENDS! Please, for my sake don't start shit right now."
- "Laedere baby, we scare because be care."
- "Moonsnake, you better give me a reason to trust you......fast."

M E G A E R A
knock me out, knock me out
sayin that i want more, this is what i live for

patriota--studios
FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
Ilios
He stood silently watching and listening. Others arrived, Unicorns, Pegasus, companions, some he knew others he did not. Silver eyes shifted around curiously as a black and red stallion appeared and a pretty white and golden mare. She was stunning, dual horns, a hairy lion's tail, with, gold and black wings, and silver eyes like his own. He watched the ooze drip from her delicate nose. She stood in silence as well, for a moment at least. Her voice sent his heart wheeling and coughs rumbling from his chest. He nodded along with her looking back at the healer before turning back the golden girl.

When his eyes fell upon her face she was looking at him. Ears flickered nervously as she gazed at him with her own silver eyes. He smiled sheepishly as she addressed him. His large horned head bobbed for a moment, "Yes ma'am, I am lucky." His words were not meant for her age, but for respect. He stallion always wondered if that was what mare's thought when he used that word. Did they think he meant that they were old, or did they realize he was merely being polite as mother had taught him? "We will work to find a cure for you, and all that are infected." Bright oozing eyes watched her frown and he longed to make her smile. He wanted to make her happy, make her well, but he didn't know how.

Another speaking to him drew the stud's attention away and towards the black and scarlet. "Yes sir, I will be," he paused to cough roughly for a moment before continuing, "Please, look after the others first." His gaze flickered to the girl again. "I am Ilios by the way." His eyes turned to the stallion again, trying his best to speak to them both at once. It felt wrong and rude not to give his name when they had both spoken to him.

Meg spoke to the black and white stallion that and promoted him. "Congratulations Badger." His voice was warm and raspy, due to the sickness, and he offered a kind smile. He falls silent as the cream mare speaks again giving her side of the argument with Ampere. Her words are oddly proper as he watches and listens, not daring to speak until he has heard it all. Then Gaucho lands, like a swan might, graceful and powerful all at once. Ears prick to catch his words as they fall upon him. He speaks only to Ampere, and to the stud, makes a good point. Would she allow a babe to die, and egg to freeze or fall dead at the bottom of a pool? Then the sweet vocals of Maren speak his name. He turns silver eyes searching for her beautiful face with eyes as golden as the sun itself. A small sad chuckle sounded from his golden lips as he dipped his head to wipe the ooze upon his teal leg. "Thank you Miss Maren." He offers a teal and silver wing to cover her for a moment if she would allow it, maybe even pull her close, give her comfort. He nodded with her words turning to his Sultan and Sultana. Raising his voice he addressed them, "I did see them fighting with our Gods though. I do agree we should be weary of them, but caution can only be met with caution." He quieted once more eyes shifting over the gathered faces. Nasreen was there now standing at the back, but he would not join her. She seemed healthy enough and he feared making her sick as well.

The black stallion spoke again of the brash words from Ampere. He rolled the ideas around in his head for a moment before speaking again, as Ampere turned her gaze upon him. "I may not have been apart of this family for long, but I feel that everyone has the right to state their opinions." He glanced at the three in question hoping he would not make an enemy today. "Maybe her wording was wrong, to harsh perhaps, but it was her opinion. If she wasn't doing her job we wouldn't have the patrols, our leaders would have more strain picking up her slack." Silver eyes glanced at the Sultan and Sultana for a moment. "I feel we should turn to the problems that affect the whole family. Please do not misunderstand me when I say that; this is important, just not as pressing." He stood tall, but relaxed as he spoke. There was no shame in his voice, no fear, and no regret. Ampere was a person of power, and if they didn't like that they could challenge her, not try to make her look weak in front of everyone. He listened intently to the lightning mare's words. There were parts he agreed with, and parts he did not, either way he tried to keep his face neutral. The Ranjiri appeared from nowhere and everywhere all at once. His heart soared as she spoke words he had just uttered. Once more another face he knew joined the throng; Mesec. He smiled kindly at him. Yes he was a son of the Moon, but he was here. He called this place a family, he had shown him around, and welcomed him with Gaucho. There was no need to fear him for his mother's actions; without the moon there could be no sun.
Wonderings   Talking
Words: 906 Speaks to Aithniel, Sacre, Badger, Maren, Megaera, and Gaucho/the herd
OOC: His voice
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~ Robert Frost
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Morrigan Posts: 93
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hands :: 7 Orangemoons HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Pongo :: Bongo :: None Xyroca
Morrigan

It seems I was ever late to the gathering, just joining the herd when harsh words were being passed among some of the more familiar faces. There were only a handful that I had interacted directly with, and I deemed that it was none of my business to get involved with a petty argument. Instead, I simply stood at the edge of the gathering like an outcasted shadow, auds pricked and absorbing every word that I could. New lands? Sickness? I took a curious step forward as I glanced around my herd mates, lip pulling up just slightly with disgust as I noticed a tar like substance streaming down the cheeks of many. Scarlet eyes flashed with worry as I sought out my fellow healers that I had already met, finding Badger in the crowd as he spoke honest words that needed to be said.

Quietly, so as not to interrupt him or anyone else as they spoke, I weaved through the crowd to join his side. It felt awkward, and forced, but I knew it needed to be done. "Congratulations." I whispered before dipping my muzzle towards him, my heart sinking slightly to know that he was recognized before myself. It was my own fault really, constantly living on the outskirts of the herd as though I was still living in my birth herd as a rejected omen. Despite my attempts to get involved, it felt as though everyone I met had more pressing matters to worry about. They either left, found something more interesting or simply forgot about the quiet healer girl with the spider crown. Scarlet eyes glanced over to the newly promoted healer, whispering once again before returning my attention to those speaking to the group. "These illnesses are strange to me, but I will do what I can to assist you." I had nothing better to say, nothing that I could had as a speech that hadn't already been said by someone else, so I grew quiet once again.

OOC: She's just kinda lingering around but did whisper to @Badger.
[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Morrigan has contracted GLL.

Cathun Posts: 88
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 3 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Tai
Slå mig hårt i ansiktet så får jag känna att jag lever

He was late on purpose. That he even remained within the borders of the Throat was more due to stubbornness than any desire to linger. He was prepared to be thrown out headfirst, but if it came to that then he would make the Sultans do it themselves. Maybe then they would at least remember him. It wouldn't be much to be remembered by, but Cathun was shedding his illusions with each passing day. He was pretty sure that he wouldn't live to see another spring, and at this point all he cared about was to leave some kind of mark on the history of Helovia, something, anything that would prove that he had been there at all.

He came late and didn't approach the gathered herd, and made no attempt to keep up with what was going on. That they were arguing was clear as day and it only made him snort, a foul sneer on his lips as he looked between Meg, Ampere and the rest. Some family, ne!? Look at how well they were getting along, look at how honorable they all were, bickering like seagulls over stinking fish entrails. A few voices of reason were raised but they mostly drowned in the general offended squawking, and Cathun felt a sense of bitter satisfaction as he listened to it.

Who would want to get along with this lot? They couldn't even talk to one another, and when accused with something all they did was shout. No one listened, no one tried to understand, and those who did were shut out without pardon.

The sole exception stood there in the crowd, her sleek black-and-gold coat shimmering like precious stones in the sunlight. She alone was beautiful among them, to his biased eyes, and he watched her from a distance with mingled pride and pain. There would be at least one soul he'd miss, if he was made to leave the herd. The only girl who hadn't put up with his bullshit and actually offered to help after hearing his story, instead of demanding things of him he couldn't give.

He stood there in the background for a while, watching the discussion, and then left as quietly as he had arrived, bored and uncaring of whatever decision they arrived at.

Image by Yewrezz

» Magic and Violence is permitted at all times
» Please tag me!

Laedere Posts: 84
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 5 years old (Frostfall birthday)
Ardere :: Plain Dolphin Leviathan :: Boil Abba
Too much was happening. She couldn't concentrate. She hadn't wanted a fight. She hadn't wanted this to happen. She had just wanted to have an explanation. She didn't understand, and her mind began to be enveloped in a pile of numbness. She couldn't listen to it all - from everyone else. She was too unnerved from having to face everyone in something that she had only wanted an explanation from.

Alas, she managed to pull some her attention back in the middle of this strange-female-leader's speech. The part where she said that she had once been a refugee as well. She clung to the protection of the wing over her - the protection she no longer had with her gift of flight taken from her.  Megaera addressed the black and blue mare, not truly chastising her and Laedere had almost no blame for that. Aye, she had never wanted those who so easily fit into these lands like puzzle pieces to be torn up and shoved to the side. She swallowed, peering from beneath the canopy of Einarr's wing while he was told to challenge them in what she could only assume would be a fight. She shuddered, eyes flickering to the ground as she swallowed in a tight breath. Then, the mare turned to her, murmuring words that she did not understand at first before turning to the simplistic form of language. "Mineself not intend for thine events to occur… Mineself twas confused… probing for an explanation… Mine apologies… Mine sincerest of apologies. Tis mine fault. Mineself dost not comprehend ye's traditions… Tis foreign-" more like freaking barbaric to tis mare, "- to mine senses…" She whispers, after being told that she could shout back. Aye, it was against all fibers of her being to shout… to even raise a voice. She was only to fight in self defense or defense of the children. She was not to argue with those whom she did not know. She was to be submissive to all who appeared above her, and to any who were, quite simply, brutes. This mare before her shouldn't even be leading. It was asking for the herd to be invaded, to be signaled weak. But she couldn't say that to her… she was a superior… she not supposed to speak out against them. And, the gentle weight of the mare's feathers on her hide did little to console her fried mind.

Maybe tomorrow she'd be better suited for this. But, she doubted it, as she watched the mare turn toward another member. Aye, this was all so… strange.
Bad news like a sucker punch blew me away
People fill the streets like nothing has changed
image credits