the Rift

Fear [Ashamin v. D'Artagnan][Fortify Lesson Seasonal Teaching Spar]

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen

D'Artagnan arrived at the meeting with all of the confidence that Ashamin lacked, surveying the scene and weaving through his warriors as if he truly belonged at their head. Within moments of knowing the blood-tinted general, Ashamin was convinced of the reason for his appointment.

That sort of self-assurance, that kind of steady walk and carefully managing gaze, didn't grow on trees. Especially not the frost-coated ones that stood tall in the near distance, glinting with bright sunlight. D'Artagnan presented his personality with ease, and Ashamin understood him immediately. Or, at least he falsely assumed he did.

But he knew where the general stood, firmly on the ground before him and inviting a "demonstration." Such clarity was reassuring and rare to find in Ashamin's line of work. And as an added bonus, D'Artagnan had poked fun at Rikyn.

Good, that boy needed to be knocked down a peg or two.

But for all of the wonder and thankfulness Ashamin held in his breast, he clung also to fear. He knew in his dear and sweet logical mind that the creature following the general was no wolf, but be damned if the thing wasn't even scarier.

Ashamin heard only snippets of D'Artagnan's speech after noticing Aramis. He was only vaguely aware of the fact that there would be no delay in this spar. He was able to feel thankful for the fact that D'Artagnan was apparently offering him the first attack, he was able to feel, well, hell.

He was scared out of his wits.

Frantically, the red-marked paint tried to calm his nerves and hide the subtle shaking of his hocks. He could not allow D'Artagnan's companion to ruin him before such a crowd of fellows. He had fought with many others here before, they knew what he was capable of and what he wasn't capable of, that was nerve-wracking enough. But that wolfish thing?

The Haruspex snorted in response to the question. It was an instinctive response, one borne of heart-wracking terror, but he played it off with a poorly crafted, awkward lie of a respectful smile and a dip of his head.

"No, I think I'll be just fine," he said in a quiet, quivering tone. Ashamin hated lying, but he hated revealing how desperately weak he was to the strong even more. And compared to D'Artagnan, a sturdy Arab mutt who had inherited the qualities that Ashamin had failed to and appeared to be a much more likely candidate for this win, he was definitely weak.

He turned to the gathered, catching as many gazes as he could, and smiled at Zandora and Caleb faintly. "I hope you all learn something from this," Ashamin called out before casting his head low and swinging it right. I hope you come out of this with more than an image of your haruspex covered in blood, he thought as he looked away from the hellhound and picked up speed to trot, then gallop, towards D'Artagnan and the lakeshore with teeth bared to bite at the left side of the general's red neck.

I hope you go back to the hell you came from, he wished desperately as he cow-kicked fearfully towards the unfamiliar beast and felt the freezing water of the shore splash up onto his delicate, shuddering hocks.

""
ASHAMIN
image credits

WC: 555
Timeline: One Week Between
Setting: Northern shore of the unfreezing lake in the AB, early birdsong, early afternoon. Clear skies, bright day. Pine trees and caverns are nearby.
Summary: Ashamin runs past D'Art and back towards/into the water, biting at the left side of D'art's neck area as he passes by and cowkicking vaguely towards Aramis.
Notes: Seasonal Spar. IC & OOC Teaching spar, continued directly from HERE. Those present at the lesson are encouraged to continue posting there watching this. Sorry I didn't get this up yesterday, Imi! Thanks again for the teaching spar.

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Time the Dice Queen Posts: 144
OOC Account atk: 50 | def: 50 | dam: 50
Mare :: Other :: 5'7 :: 22 HP: 5050 | Buff: DROPKICK
Time
Ashamin attack 1/3.

Time the Dice Queen Posts: 144
OOC Account atk: 50 | def: 50 | dam: 50
Mare :: Other :: 5'7 :: 22 HP: 5050 | Buff: DROPKICK
Time
d'Artagnan defaults to Ashamin.

+0.5 VP to Ashamin.