[OPEN] pray the sun will rise

Eden Posts: 56
Absent Abyss atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 7
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy

E D E N
if you wanna break these walls down
you're gonna get bruised

Her legs shook as she braced the trail up the mountain leading to the fields. She was not exhausted, nor cold or in pain. She was fine physically, but a wreck emotionally. Eden thought she knew who she was - but she did not fight. Yet she had committed an ultimate crime - she had fought and killed a god. Was it justified if she was trying to protect the ones she loved? Wasn't that what the God had been doing - trying to protect itself?

She didn't know what to think anymore. The unknowing pained her more than anything else. She felt lost, no sense of who she was or what she had become. She was a shell of her former self. She was a puzzle with pieces that had been jammed together despite not belonging to the same game. She truly meant well, but what did that mean if her actions couldn't reflect it?

Eden fought the tears brimming at her eyes and trudged on into the grassy field. With Birdsong in full force the flowers were blooming their most intimate shades. The pale mare collapsed in their embrace, placing her head upon her hooves and letting out a quiet sob. She looked up the sky, golden gaze desperate. She had come here knowing it was where she would be closest to the Gods. This was a time in which she needed to be near them.

"What's going on? Who am I now?" Eden whispered, sniffling and wiping her tears off her eyes with her canon. Her tears felt unnaturally thick and gooey on her leg. Horror filled her when she looked down and saw that they were black and oozing from her nose as well. Her vision blurred for a moment, returning with unknown sights. She heard a bird sing in the distance, and so filling her vision with blue. The sound of the wind whistling through the field's grass was saffron and the buzzing of a nearby bee looked lime green.

Her mouth fell agape as she saw the sounds around her. 'This has to be a dream,' she thought, 'that or I'm most definitely dead.'

oh no eden's beginning to experience synesthesia due to the Labyrinth Lung D: open to all!
[Image: 55e3948091bdb]
please tag eden in all posts

Kalona Posts: 40
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 3 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Thinking back to home was a strange feeling when you didn't know if "home" even existed anymore. There was much that God could have done when that portal opened sucking those select few into this new world while leaving the rest to god only knows what fate. It wasn't that he really cared much about those who had been left behind per say, it was more on the fact that nothing about it was controlled. There was nothing that he could do to change things or return it to their former status, essentially he was useless to battle the forces at play and he was not liking it one bit. How could someone conquer a battle when there was no even playing field? These gods had magic well beyond anything he had ever seen before what other tricks did they have up their sleeves? The whole thought process was maddening and any solution that existed was well beyond their reach so how did they solve this dilemma?

Stopping briefly as his shoulder spasmed in pain he gritted his teeth together until the sensation died down. Whatever was in that stupid jerk's blood was causing damage despite the acid being gone! While it appeared to be slowly healing it still felt as if it had just occurred yesterday. Resisting the urge to tear at the wound further with his teeth he could only bear it by pushing himself onwards and trying to forget about the pain. It was damn near impossible when burns covered almost half your body but if he had managed to get this far there was no way he was going to let that bear win! Not now, not after they had slain his ass and those he tortured were free. Grunting with determination he powered on not knowing where the hell he was going but he was so beyond that at this point.

Each step was painful but the stag continued along refusing to show weakness or disability to any of those who may be watching. A rustling of grass halted the stallion drawing his ears forward and head to attention as he scanned the surrounding area for causes. Bicoloured optics narrowed as a strange looking white patch seemed to shudder and what sounded to be a sob was drawn from it. Some kind of monster? Back home it would have been likely but here? Boldly taking a number of steps forward he managed to make out the shape of a woman laying within the grass. What in the hell was with the strange inhabitants here? "Um.. excuse me.. but from where I come from laying in the middle of a field ain't exactly a smart choice." Refraining from explaining the numerous reasons he could only watch in wonder as black goop fell from the girl's eyes. "Well unless you wish to be eaten by god only knows what." Maybe he wasn't wrong in questioning if this was a monster?

•• TAGS: @Eden •• NOTES: ••

“Just because you call an electric eel a rubber duck doesn't make it a rubber duck, does it? And God help the poor bastard who decides they want to take a bath with the duckie.”
Table by Moonstone Designs

prissy

E D E N
you're gonna get bruised

She heard - no, saw footsteps heading her direction. The noise was an excited tangerine - perhaps because she knew not who was coming towards her. Eden hurried to wipe some of the black goop that was dripping from her eyes, nose, and even her mouth. She didn't want anyone to see her like this, especially someone she knew.

Panic filled her as the horse grew closer and she saw he was definitely not a familiar face. His hide was draped in gold, two horns graced his forehead, and his eyes were not the same colors. She felt little comfort in seeing that he was a horned one like herself. Eden had found herself caring less and less about whether or not someone had a horn, for she had discovered that outward appearance did not directly correspond with what's inside. She felt a bit foolish for ever finding comfort in one's appearance. The battle with the wolf god had taught her a great deal about being alive.

Words poured from the stranger, inquiring about her lying on the ground. Eden looked up to the stallion, letting his words sink in for a moment as she gazed at the color they were. "Amber" she whispered, barely audible enough for her to see which color she was. Her golden gaze was intense, her lips parting slightly before she realized what an idiot she looked like.

"Y - you're right," She stated simply, her words looking gray as she black goop began to ooze out the corner of her mouth. It disappointed her to see her own voice as such a simple tone. She was hoping for a nice gold to match her horn.

The mare hurriedly rose from her cocoon in the grass, the grasses rustling looking saffron once again. The field had never looked more vibrant to her, noises were everywhere. She found it increasingly difficult to focus. More amber colored words fell from the stranger's lips, giving her a headache to focus only on the amber. She had never longed for silence so badly - it was hurting her eyes. Even when she closed her eyes she saw the colors.

She let out a wheezing cough, spilling the black goop that was spilling from her lips on the ground beside her. She winced at the sound - it was a deep red, almost black. Embarrassment filled her body, her gaze flicking back to the stallion. She shuffled in her place, dreading to speak and see her gray words once again. "I feel like I've already been consumed," she mumbled, her gaze sticking to her hooves as she blinked the black goop from her eyes.

She looked back to the stallion, her gaze looking less intense and more sorrowful. Perhaps the gray tone suited her after all. "I apologize, I'm a bit ill at the moment. My name's Eden," she stated a bit louder than her previous words, a weak smile gracing her lips as she tried to tune out the colors filling her vision to focus solely on the stallion before her.

nickel

Well it would be reasonable to say that he had seen stranger things than a mare dripping black goo from nearly every orifice. Sad as it was to say the strangest thing by far had to go to the mutated pile of body parts that somehow kept spawning multiples of themselves. You really knew something was not right when... Well if he had to chose the next thing on the list it would have to be the God's in themselves. While that last one had been beautiful and made him feel strangely it was odd to consider her a god. Why had they gotten stuck with the fat ugly bear thing when everywhere else seemed to be blessed with eye appeasing gods and goddesses? Maybe that was part of the "sickness" that time dude had mentioned?

Watching the mare move about he couldn't figure out what would cause such horrible goo to leak like this and black in colour to say the least. Had she contracted some kind of plague? Black meant death in his mind so if this had any correlation she was quite honestly screwed before he had shown up. He knew only basics about the healing stuff so he was absolutely no help in this situation, perhaps there were others that may know more? " Is there uhh... anything that will help it?" He asked cautiously eying the latest crud that had fallen to the ground nearby. Blood was one thing but black goo... not exactly his forte. "Consumed? By what exactly?"

Please if there were any gods out there left that might like him...please say she is not contagious... he prayed silently should anyone be listening up there. With everything he wasn't quite sure that was where gods lived but it was the only place he could think of. Looking down to the mare once more he couldn't help but feel bad for her. Having whatever she had must suck bigtime! "What happened to you? Did someone give this to you?" He was really at a loss of what to say or do at this moment for a number of reasons. A. whatever she had he sure as hell did not want to contract and B. nothing was normal about this situation in the slightest. "Can I help in some way uhh Eden?" He added suddenly realizing she had spoken her name. Clearing his throat he decided that maybe the girl at least warranted knowing his name. Normally such formalities would not be offered unless asked directly but in this case he didn't know what else he could offer. "I'm Kalona."

•• TAGS: @Eden •• NOTES: ••

“Just because you call an electric eel a rubber duck doesn't make it a rubber duck, does it? And God help the poor bastard who decides they want to take a bath with the duckie.”

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Kalona is unaffected by the GLL.

prissy

E D E N
you're gonna get bruised

Amber filled her vision once again, forcing her to pinpoint the exact location of the color. Her face was emotionless, perhaps a bit pained if closely examined. She looked to the stranger with glazed eyes, feeling dizzy with the motions. "Is there uhh... anything that will help it?"

She stayed silent for a moment, pondering the question. To be honest, she had no idea if there was anything out there that could help it. She didn't even know what it was. She assumed it was simply an illness, but she had yet to meet anyone who had it as well. She wasn't sure if it was just her, or if others were experiencing it. Had the wolf god cursed her? Was this his way of revenge? 

A twinge of pain struck her forehead, tingling down to the area around her eyes. It surprised her, but it wasn't unbearable. It was where the wolf's blood had burned into her. She guessed that it had to be connected to the black goop and the seeing sounds thing. 

She looked back to the stallion, focusing on his amber words. "I don't know," She began, "I know it's got to be an illness, and those have cures an - and remedies, but..." Her voice trailed off, unsure of where to go. She had ran out of words to say about the topic. 

Amber words filled her vision once again. A small smirk crossed her features at the voice. 'Questions, questions, the amber one is only questions,' She thought, her eyes flicking to the stallion's body. She studied it as he talked, idly thinking about where he might be from. His scent was so unfamiliar. Not of the northern pines, or the sandy beaches like where Ilios resided.

She spat black goop from her mouth, looking back to the amber one with a forlorn glance. "That," she stated simply in reply to his question. It's side effects were getting unbearable. The colors were getting more intense as time wore on, colors that she had never seen before, never knew existed, began to appear as well.

"What happened to you? Did someone give this to you?" The amber one questioned again. She shook her head slowly, unsure of how to answer this question. She wasn't liking the amber's questions very much. "I don't know," The amber one was only questions, she was lacking in answers. "I was going to the threshold, but then the land got different and confusing. There was this Goddess - the Goddess of the Moon, she told us to attack this wolf god, so I did. I think my illness might be connected to it, but I don't know for sure," She stated all she knew about the topic, though it wasn't much. That whole day was a blur in her memory. 

More questions. More amber. She smiled at the stallion as he used her name. Her smile was weak, pained, but genuine. She liked her name, it made her feel better just to hear it. She was still Eden despite being sick and not feeling like herself. 

"I'm not sure. I really don't know much about it," She stated, looking to her hooves. Eden had just started experiencing it moments ago. There were healers in the Basin, perhaps they could help her. She made a mental note to go visit the basin after this.

Eden flicked her ears toward the stallion, his amber words piquing her interest. Finally, she had a name to put with a color. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Kalona," She stated, eyes flicking to his horns. The Basin would happily welcome him. 

"Where are you from?"

nickel

There was something a little odd about the way this filly was staring at him, it was almost like she wasn't really seeing him. Surely the girl could see but with the black shit oozing from her eyes, nose and places he probably didn't want to know about, it had to be clouding her senses to say the least. It was a little frustrating that none of his questions seemed to receive a straight answer but then again was there any explanation for this? It wasn't until the Moon Goddess was mentioned did he kind of clue into things. He had been at that battle but why had he not been plagued by this sickness then? Surely there were others that would have been fine as well wasn't there? If the Goddess had somehow gotten angry at this filly could that explain the black crap? Why a god would curse someone to have all this go on was beyond him but you never knew what kinda crazy was going on up in their heads sometime. A good example was their own conceited asshole bear god, it would not have surprised him if he had caused something like this. 

Replaying the scenes in his head of what he could remember about the battle of the labyrinth he could not recall anyone else seeming to suffer from any sudden illnesses. Those creepy wolves had been fucked up for sure but were they contagious? There had to be some connection between the bear's arrival here in this new land and those wolves but what? Thinking back to his own injuries thanks to the bear the only thing he could connect was the acidic blood that burned. Where those wolves somehow a part of that jerk come back to life? Looking down to the mare he wondered if there was some parasite or poison that had been causing this to happen. God damn that stupid bear if he had to deal with his big fuzzy ass one more time so help him. 

Completely unsure whether or not to just walk away he figured it wouldn't exactly be polite to just leave her like this. Not that anything would want to eat something afflicted with this black stuff anyway or so he assumed. He was no carnivore but if he was he would expect his meals to not have any strange disgusting looking crap on them. Giving a slight nod of acknowledgement to show he was still paying attention he pondered what could be done about this. "Likewise." he replied simply still rather distracted by his thoughts and trying to piece this puzzle together. A little taken aback by the next question he tried to find something to appease it without being too harsh as he couldn't really say what had come to mind despite how tempting it was. "I am from an alien planet that none of you seem to know about.  Well that would definitely get him some strange looks he mused silently though it wasn't really all that far off the truth. "I'm uhh.. not from around here." There that would work as long as she didn't persist. Quite honestly he had not idea how to explain it even to himself let alone some stranger he had just met. Nothing made sense to him over the last couple days and he doubted that it ever would. 

Giving in to the nagging feeling that he needed to do something to at least attempt to help the mare he turned his head back to her. "Come on, get up." He instructed walking in a half circle around her trying to get an estimation of where they were. "We are going to get you cleaned up so you don't look like... well look like this." He commented gesturing to the black goo piles all around Eden not knowing what else to compare it to. "I'm guessing you can walk?" Well that would have been a logical assumption to make but if this was the winter gods doing who the hell knew what this illness would do. Turning towards the smell of water he started walking hoping that he wouldn't have to drag the mare there to accomplish his task.

•• TAGS: @Eden •• NOTES: lol he is a little demanding sometimes XD ••

prissy

E D E N
you're gonna get bruised

All she could think to do was smile. Put on a facade. She felt like her head would explode at any second and her lungs would give out entirely, but that didn't matter. What mattered was acting like it wasn't a big deal. She had a home, plenty to eat, and new friends which meant her problems weren't as urgent as others. That's how she saw it, at least. 

Besides, who wants to look so sickly in front of an attractive stallion?  

Eden's head flopped to one side as she saw his words. He wasn't from around Helovia? Well, she wasn't either, originally, but he deserved a place in Helovia nonetheless. She decided that no one who was just visiting Helovia would come this far into it. 

"If you're going to stay around here then I know the perfect place for you," Eden announced, voice beginning to sound raspy. Her eyes widened a bit, she turned her head to one side and sneezed black goop all over the ground. She held back a groan. It was getting continuously more annoying. 

She turned back to the stallion, clearing her throat before daring to talk again. "It's a herd called the Aurora Basin, up in the north. They'll gladly welcome you and you'll be safe. Just think about it," She stated before sneezing again. That noise looked bright orange. 

The stallion's voice turned concerned, motivated, his amber looking more intense. Eden felt a bit disheartened that her attempts at looking normal had failed utterly. At least she didn't have to pretend that she felt well anymore. She gave the stallion a nod before rising completely to her hooves, wobbling for a moment before steading herself.

"We are going to get you cleaned up so you don't look like... well look like this." Eden smirked at his words, wondering what she looked like. Her only guess was that it wasn't good. 

She bit her lip, questioning whether or not she really felt like walking. What she really felt like doing was drinking something hot to soothe her throat. Her mother had said once that salt water helps sore throats, but the idea of doing something that ostentatious sounded sickening. 

Regardless, Eden decided to go along with whatever the stallion was going to tell her to do. She didn't have much else to do, anyways. She took a couple shaky steps forward, her vision clouded with multitudes of colors, making it difficult to differentiate between sounds and the ground. It was going to take a whole lot of getting used to. Each step ricocheted another color around her vision, the louder the footfall the more vibrant the color. She made her steps as quiet as possible, focusing on the colors Kalona made. 

She found it less difficult to follow a color. All she had to do was pinpoint the most vibrant value of the color, then head in that direction. It wasn't exactly a perfect method, but it would work for the time being. She let out a triumphant wheeze, turning to Kalona with a nod. 

"Lead the way."

ooc: @Kalona i'm going to be posting a bit slowly, apologies!! ;-;

nickel

Stopping for a brief minute to wait for the white mare to catch up a little bit he took the time to paw away the pieces of his forelock that had gotten tangled between his horns and was persistently falling into his eyes. Cringing slightly as the extended movement pulled at his slowly healing burn mottling his otherwise flawless coat he tried to cover it with a soft sigh. From what he could tell about his new acquaintance so far he wasn't completely sure if she was all there so he figured she wouldn't have been paying that close of attention to notice anyway. It was a more of a way to avoid excess questions considering he really didn't care what others thought of him. Thinking back to the black stud he had met briefly a couple days earlier he remembered the sympathy he had portrayed when he had noticed his injuries. What was it with people in this place caring so much about someone they did not even know? Back home no one cared about anyone but themselves but that was just the way they found to survive, was there really another option? 

Casting a glance behind him we was a little surprised to see Eden actually on her feet and following him, albeit at a snail's pace. Perhaps the girl wasn't that sick after all he mused pausing to watch her for a second. In this second another sneeze brought a whole bunch of new black goo splattering over the ground, ok scratch that last thought she was still pretty sick. If it was draining from the eyes, nose and mouth that would mean whatever it was had to be affecting the sinuses and upper airway, what caused that though? Colds would not present like this, he had had many before and never had black goo draining from his body so that was off the list. "If you're going to stay around here then I know the perfect place for you," Why did he get the feeling that this was not going to go well?

Flicking an ear back to catch Eden's latest lyrics he turned his head to look at her. Whoa hold on a minute. Who said anything about staying?  Staying as emotionless as possible as she continued to speak of her home he tried to picture himself in a herd. No one would accept him, no that wouldn't work out he thought dismissing the idea of ever fitting into this shaped society. He was going home eventually he just hadn't exactly figured out how to do that yet. His gut told him that it was impossible but until he was faced with the facts he would not believe it. "I haven't really given much thought to where I go from here." he admitted with a shrug. "I can also take care of myself, I don't need anyone to keep me safe." His entire life had been spent with nobody to rely on but himself just because he was in a new land didn't mean that would suddenly change. Nobody could ever be trusted not to turn around and stab you in the back for the right price or with the right incentive. He had watched it happen to many over the years and never wanted to take that chance. He had built a wall around himself for a reason and that was not likely going to change anytime soon. No one had ever cared about what happened to him before so why should they start now? Bitterness began to rise in his gut the more he thought about it, no it just wasn't possible. 

That answer was likely not one the mare wanted to hear but what more could he say, its not like he could explain it. Thinking for a moment he spoke again this time trying to sound a little more open to the idea. "I will ..think about it. Thank you for the offer." It was probably best to try and save his sanity instead of waste it arguing to prove a point. After what seemed like an eternity the salty breeze assaulted his senses as the vast expanse of water grew before them the closer they got. While they were here he might as well take the chance to soak his own burns to try and take the pain away for awhile. "Go get washed up and see if that helps at all." He commented with a sideways glance to Eden to make sure she actually registered what he had said. With a half smile he proceeded to walk down the beach and make his way out into the cold water. Biting his tongue to keep from commenting at the excruciating pain tearing into his shoulders and back as the salt washed over them he continued to walk deeper until all injured areas were soaking. God how he hated that stupid bear.

•• TAGS: @Eden  •• NOTES: No worries :) ••