the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Shame [Archibald/Kaj]

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence had tried to go back home. Her body had slowed her down though. Things felt… weird. It was awkward. She couldn't figure out what was happening. So, she had stopped at a water source on the way back. Her body inching up toward it to reveal this black slime oozing from her eyes, from her nose, from her mouth.  She was startled, trying to scream only to choke.

It was a nightmare. It had to be a nightmare. This wasn't real! It couldn't be real! Oh, but it was. And Valiance's concern was definitely proving it at all was real. Still, the choking feeling didn't subside. Her knees buckled and she squeezed her eyes shut - struggling to breathe until it finally let her. Gathering her way back onto her feet she began a slow voyage back toward the Falls. Valiance and her conversing in her head, but no words fell from her lips. She was scared. So scared. Quilyan's pendant had to be burning into his chest right now. But she didn't know what else to do. She couldn't calm the panic in her heart.

So, as she pulled up to the border, she stopped at the edge. She didn't want to go inside. She didn't want to infect others. She didn't want to make everyone having black slime seeping from them. Her glitter pools around her - spreading out foot by foot until it looks as though she is starting to stand in a pile of it. No glow, though. For all she can think of is concern. In fact, as the night begins to fall, she allows her limbs to fold so that she could lay on the ground. Her eyes flickering shut. Aye, her glitter was even mixing with black slime. It was a horrible image. A nightmare for others. A nightmare she refused to let others see. So, even though Valiance had a strong desire to go and fetch someone, the pain of forcing someone to see her like this kept him at bay.

Well… kept him at bay until she fell into a deep sleep. Then, he shot off to find Archibald or Kaj. One of them needed to help her. One of them needed to keep her from doing something drastic to make this stop… 
Resplendence
Grace is just a weakness; or so I've been told
Image Credit
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
Like walking into a dream, so unlike what you've seen

Black ooze dripped from the orifices of the stallion's face, and his nostrils throbbed. Archibald's head hung low and his ears pinned against his head. He could smell so much, it was almost as if he could see the scents around him. Loretta lay at his hooves, whining gently every few hours to remind him of her support and comfort. He merely snorted. You cannot fix this. He mumbled, making the bitch's cheeks grow hot with frustration. She hated seeing Archibald in this state, with a disease clinging to his body and weakening his resolve. She wanted to fight it, to be rid of it--to even take it upon herself if it meant to heal him! Loretta whined again, getting to her feet to walk towards a trickling stream and drink.

In the distance, leaves rustled and caught Loretta's attention. Bursting forth on the scene was a red dragon, one the pair recognized right away. "Valiance?" Archibald asked, black tar sputtering from his tongue. Speaking caused the stallion to suffer a fit of racking coughs. Ducking his head, Archibald coughed and spit the ink into the lush green moss beneath his monstrous hooves. Shaking his body, Archibald lifted his head and blinked away the ooze. Nodding to the dragon, Archibald followed him as he raced away--to where Resplendence was, he guessed. On his heels, Loretta followed. What has she gotten herself into now? The bitch asked.

She wants to talk about the Goddess, I am sure. Archibald murmured across the bond, stepping towards a clearing where he saw a shaky image of the claybank mare. "Res?" Archibald asked, another set of coughs overtaking him. 

[Image: architable.jpg]
FiagaiStock.deviantart.com | arctichorse.deviantart.com | by: Imi

Hope its ok I said Valiance found him!

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Could she stop it? Maybe if she lay here long enough she would drown in the goo that was oozing from her nose, mouth, and eyes. Maybe if she tried to talk, the choking would actually succeed in choking her. It was as if she couldn't swallow. Everything was wrong about this thing that was affecting her - and she wasn't even sure that she had seen it correctly. Maybe the goo was all a figment of her imagination. Maybe it had all been a dream.

But, from the way Valiance was acting she knew it wasn't. Still, she fell into the sleep rather easily. Perhaps it was because she had just given up and her energy was gone. Perhaps it was because she hadn't slept in so long. Either way, all she knew was that she couldn't be the reason others got infected. She wouldn't go into the lands and infect others. She couldn't - it went against every fiber of her being.

Valiance had simply clicked when his name was uttered by Archibald - panic coursing through his veins when he watched the mammoth start coughing and sputtering up the black tar. Carefully, he edged in closer - trying to brush his wings against Archibald's withers and nuzzle the giant's neck in a form of comfort (should it be allowed) before he rushed off to Resplendence. The deepness, the darkness of her thoughts had him beyond concerned.

If it wasn't for the darkness of the tar that was merging with her glitter, pouring from her eyes, nose, and mouth, she would have looked peaceful laying there in a pile of her glitter. Her hair spread out around her in gentle tendrils and her breathing (minus a few splutters here and there of gagging) was even and quiet. It was Archibald's voice that tore her from the sleepy haze she was in, though. His coughs causing her head to jerk up awkwardly and an attempt to speak happening. Her mouth opens, "ARCHIBALD!" Panic crossing her face as the tar seems to bubble in her throat, choking her and not letting any words out.

She gasps for air, but the tar only continues to bubble and gurgle until she almost passes out. Then, it seems to stop and she ends up coughing up huge chunks of the tar. She wants to speak, but she had forgotten how painful that was. She goes to stumble onto her feet, standing up and allowing her eyes to meet his gaze. Aye, but they weren't the same. Instead of the gorgeous gold that matched her pendant they resembled the deep maroon of blood. The only look she could give him screamed "Help me…" and as the tears began to flow they mixed with the tar (or at least Valiance hoped it was mixing with the tar) to create streaks of blood across her face. Her ear pinning in panic, in shame that she couldn't even heal herself.

How was she supposed to help anyone like this? How was she supposed to help them when she couldn't help herself?
Resplendence
Image Credit
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit

She is not the one Resplendence cries out for. She is a substitute, a shoddy one at that, for how her Kitten still seemed to shrink away from her despite all they'd been through together. Lakota does not mind too much, cannot bring herself to most days. It was easy to forget the hardened mare that lay at the heart of her, the foundations she'd created so long ago, in the wake of her all-consuming love for Murtagh. It had been easily re-established during the battle with the Goddess -bitch, her mind still spat - but she'd never been fully uncaring. Brash and rude, yes. Kind of a bitch? Check. But Lakota still had a heart, for those who cared to search for it in the depths of the mire of her personality. 

So when she saw Archibald keeping pace with Valiance, clearly harried and disturbed, she didn't hesitate to follow. Kitten had helped her during a difficult time, when she'd been heavily pregnant with Murtagh and embarrassingly terrified over Ktulu not loving him - not loving her for how little she saw of the mare back then. It was only fair that she be there, a gruff rock for Resplendence to lean on in her own - far more frequent - times of darkness. And if she'd somehow mended things with Archibald, well...it simply gave her time to revel in his nearness once more, for how she'd spent so much time with Murtagh as of late. 

She lingers at first, Aodaun missing from her side, always vigilant over his charge - her child. Surely he would have encouraged her further sooner, but she watches as Resplendence chokes and sputters, terror in her yes as words form on her lips but don't come past her tongue. Until it's too much to watch, and she strides forward on her delicate limbs to draw the brindled babe to her chest, neck drawing over the medic's nape and letting her fetch up across her breast. "Calm, Kitten. You can breathe, do so slowly. In and out now, it feels like you are choking but you aren't, you were breathing all along." How else could she have made it back to the Falls? Lakota doesn't care if she's infected, doesn't care how it will manifest inside her body if she can keep Resplendence from feeling this panicked agony. 

Lakota
even if my ways are wrong, I keep pushing on
Image Credit
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Lakota has contracted GLL.

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
Like walking into a dream, so unlike what you've seen

As Archibald stood before Resplendence, coughing wildly, Lakota swooped in. Her honeyed voice lit the area, coating the trees and the ground in some warm embrace. Golden eyes shifted to look at the blue roan, vision fuzzy. "Kota." He tried to speak her name like a whisper, but his voice was choked and he sputtered her name into being like a haphazard growl of a lion. "Save her." He managed, taking a step back. Loretta whined over their bond, concern laced so fully in her being that it radiated outwardly from her and into the surroundings.

Archibald simply watched the women before him. Unlike so many times in his life, as he stood here, he was useless. There was nothing that could be done by his power to give relief to the panicked Resplendence or to the motherly Lakota. Archibald was a warrior, a knight, a Czar. He had fathered children, had comforted them through their nightmares, but they were his own flesh and blood. There was nothing he could do to bring the claybank dun back to the confidence she should hold in the safety of these borders. Only Lakota, who was a mother down to her core for everyone she loved could be the safety blanket that Res needed. Archibald's position was moot.

"Lakota...try magic. Maybe you can neutralize the effects..." Archibald stated, mostly giving voice to his wandering thoughts. Lakota was not named the Poisoner for nothing, for the God of Earth had given her the power of his most deadly weapon. Perhaps, in this state of sickness and disgust, her poisons would be used to mend. Two negatives make a positive, right?

[Image: architable.jpg]
FiagaiStock.deviantart.com | arctichorse.deviantart.com | by: Imi

Hope its ok I said Valiance found him!

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Resplendence stumbles to her feet. She was crying, shaking, begging for something to fix this - to make it better. But, the one who appeared was not whom she had expected. Aye, she had begged for Archibald or Kaj to be gathered by Valiance, but she had not wanted it to actually happen. In fact, Archibald just stood there. It killed her, because she could so clearly see the tar emanating from him as well. She could see it but she couldn't fix it.

And then… then Kota was there. Bursting forward and wrapping her slightly larger frame around Resplendence. Instantly, the pallid mare shook her head, eyes wide in a panic. "No! NO! I'll get her sick!" she cries to Valiance, trying to speak, to tell her to stop. Of course, her shaking her head didn't seem to deter the mare. In fact, even the pool of tar and the way that it effected her didn't seem to effect the Poisoner. She was pulled in closer, pressing up against the mare's breast and her neck wrapped around her nape.

She spoke about breathing, trying to get Resplendence to even it out rather than choking and gasping. But, the more she tried to speak, the more she tried to protest, the harder it became to do so. She shuddered, sides heaving in pain as she gasped for air yet felt like she got none. Tar, bubbling out of her nostrils and occasionally popping as she coughed on the stuff.

All Archibald could say was save her. He stumbled backwards and his voice was a growl - something resembling the demon-like creature she had imagined him as in the past. She couldn't tell if it was because of the tar in his lungs or the lack of oxygen in her brain (at least, perceived lack of oxygen in her brain), but it was still making her spin. It was only once she began to give into the effects, eyes flickering shut and muscles falling weaker, that she leaned into the blue mare, the lioness of the pack she had never truly been a part of. "Kuacha! Mimi itabidi tu kupata wewe mgonjwa!" She chokes it out, but doesn't even realize she has. In fact, unless someone listens really closely they might not even realize words had been spoken.

Then, she begins to fade in and out. Her legs were weak, from the exhaustion of walking back here, from the lack of eating and drinking. That was her fault, yeah. But, she hadn't want to risk getting near others and infecting them. At the same time, she also had wanted to be near enough that if she didn't make it someone found her. Valiance was the one panicking now, flapping his wings and swishing his tail in agitation. Begging, pleading for someone to do something to help her. Even if it meant poisoning her to get rid of the tar.

"Kuacha! Mimi itabidi tu kupata wewe mgonjwa!" --- Swahili for: Stop! I'll only get you sick!

She doesn't normally know this language, nor does she realize she is speaking in this tongue/speaking at all. ^^
@Lakota
Resplendence
Image Credit