the Rift

SWP :: Through the Fire and Flames

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
Every time I almost die, I feel so alive. Why would I ever want to be more careful?
This was not the common cold.

The blue girl made her way along, slowly and painstakingly. She dragged her cloven hooves, unable to lift her feet properly. After her run-in with the unicorns in the Ancient Rotunda, she had found herself becoming more and more ill. She attempted to convince herself that this was simply a cold, an unpleasant bug that would work its way out of her system. But she was incorrect. She felt flushed, like her blood was molten, coursing fever throughout her body. She had been able to suppress the coughing up until this point, but found herself hacking every time she pushed herself too hard. Black had begun to ooze from the corners of her mouth, and tear stains ran down her face. Cotton was in her lungs, making each breath harder and harder.

The disease had only just started, and was only going to get worse. She didn’t know where she was going, but somehow ended up here, in a corner of the world new and just as dangerous as the virus that had settled into her body. Her eyes were dull, missing their typical sharpness. She cast them up, and saw a gathering.

Curiosity urged her forwards. She was sure to keep her distance, keeping a wide girth between her and the collection of bodies, trying to keep what she had to herself. If she hadn’t been so ill, she would have been amazed. Before her stood a creature of light and fire. She had never seen a creature so exceptional, so beautiful.  She lifted her head, as heavy as it felt, and craned her neck to get a better look. She had never seen a god before. She watched him move gently, purposefully, and fire and light ripped through thin air. A gaping hole opened up, and the god looked on expectantly, as if waiting for something to emerge. The starry mare sneezed, black ooze splattering the ground. She shifted her weight back and forth, the dull pain of her injured leg sending soft throbs through the muscle. She couldn’t breathe through her nose, as her sinuses were congested with the black, so instead she breathed sharply through her mouth.

This was not going to be a good day.

"Talk?"
@[Random Event]
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri;
IF THERE'S ONE THING I'VE LEARNED IN LIFE ITS TO FIGHT. FIGHT FOR WHAT'S RIGHT. FIGHT FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN, WHAT'S IMPORTANT TO YOU. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, FIGHT FOR THE ONES YOU LOVE, AND NEVER FORGET TO TELL THEM HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU WHILE THEY'RE STILL ALIVE.

My hooves touched the ground and I winced as I folded my wings against my sides but I tried to hide it as I looked around the gathering. It was the first time I'd really flown since my wing had been injured during the first god fight and it didn't feel good. It was sore and throbbed in protest to how far I'd pushed myself. I saw Destrier and his dragons and I smiled. "Hello, Destrier." I called over to the stallion. I would have gone and stood by him, but I saw Gaucho and, naturally, I was drawn to him. "Gaucho." I murmured as I came to stand next to him, my muzzle reaching to touch his shoulder, should he allow it.

But there was someone there that silently commanded more attention than anyone else. The God of the Sun. The patron god of the land that I called home. I couldn't help but get that sinking feeling in my stomach, especially when I saw those strange horses much like the ones that came across in the Time God and moon Goddess' land. So... that had to mean that there was going to be another battle, right? Didn't history repeat itself? So what was it going to be this time? A lion? A giant snake? I frowned and I looked around, expecting to see something sneaking up on all of us, but all I saw was the growing crowd.

Megaera was there as well and I tried to catch her gaze to communicate with her what I was thinking; that it was too quiet. That I had this bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. That we were in for another fight, much like the ones before.

I just hoped that my bad feeling was wrong and the Sun God was the one god that could do something right.

"."

Credits

aud pixel!

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Ranjiri has contracted GLL.

Rhea Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 3 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

The draw of some unknown force had drawn her to the skies as that old gut feeling churned a deeper hole in her stomach. Something else was about to happen but it was only a matter of time before the what would be revealed to the rest of Helovia. Sticking to the edges of the lands her eyes scanned for the slightest change in the landscape revealing something new. So far two new pieces of Helovia had appeared at random and along with it many strangers from who knows where. While she had known that other lands existed she was still puzzled on how an entire landmass could be hidden for decades only to be revealed now with all the other shit going on. Lately whenever the gods tended to appear bad things usually tended to follow so if things followed the pattern another beast was about to be unleashed. Having no plans to die at the hands of some disgusting monster that the morons forgot to warn them all about she felt better taking her fate into her own hooves. 

The shimmer of light drew her attention south wondering if she was just seeing things or perhaps that was where the next event would be taking place. Gliding high above the ground the strange grounds of the Labyrinth could be seen snarling around below her making her stomach knot with unease. Continuing onwards she had to do a double take as the landscape seemed to curl beneath her revealing yet another unknown portion of Helovia. Dropping like a hawk she headed down to investigate unsure if she was prepared for what might be in store. At first the land appeared to be vacant with only the odd bush here or there until he appeared in what appeared to be a ray of light. Flicking her ears back she kept her distance for another while watching as others began appearing just like all the other times along with a few helovians who had like her felt the pull. Landing off to the side of where the rest stood she kept her distance so as to observe whatever was about to happen. Her eyes skimmed over each of the party but only really focused on the Sun God and what he was doing. The rest of the inhabitants were background noise for the time being until it really became necessary to acknowledge them. 

Illness had seemed to have fallen to a few of the members who had gathered round thus far making her quite aware of her presence among them. The black tar like discharge was enough to make her curl her lip up in disgust, no one had to tell her twice to stay away from them. She was here for the party but would definitely pass on any of the favors or close ups. 

•• TAGS: •• NOTES: ••

“Just because it looks like a leprechaun and talks like a leprechaun, it doesn't mean it can't act like the little fucking demon it is.”
Table by Moonstone Designs   Image by click <3
[Image: rhea_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobz.png][Image: rhea_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4q_by_moonstone_...9ggy08.png]
Please Tag Rhea In All Threads
Use of magic and physical contact is allowed with the exception of killing or maiming her.
Icon base: Bronzehalo
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

Home had been a brief but welcome reprieve, though it did not mend the wounds this rift had put between herself and Torleik. She still felt the lingering fingers of anger clench her gut at how he had spoken to her, but it was strangled and tempered by the guilt of knowing that her life was no longer wholly her own. His thoughts mattered. And that added fear in this mixture. The reckless abandon and overwhelming emotion of what they shared in the Blood Falls faded into stark realization of what this commitment meant, and she worried she would fail.

She knew she would fail.

But hadn't she told him that already? The words 'I will fail you' had been promised to him, so why was he surprised when her mortality showed? When the scars of her past turned to nightmares of the present? Would he not do anything to avenge fallen family?

They needed to talk, but she was too afraid to lose it all. Only, in the process, she was losing everything slowly. Ophelia wandered south, again, knowing that the God of the Sun could not be too far behind the fray of fighting gods and new lands. There had to be something more out here, beyond the edges of her mental map and into the great unknown. She would take solace and comfort in her travels, ever the wanderer, where she could not take solace in Torleik, not currently.

Sand turned to water, and she looked up, realizing that she had passed a point where the sky and the ground matched. Were it not for the ripple from the movement of her hooves, she could very well be dancing in the clouds. Ophelia looked out at the warped horizon, breath catching in her chest. Never had she seen a place so beautiful in all her life. Even the mountains of snow could not compare to this reflection of minimalist perfection, and she blinked in awe.

The sound of voices ahead called her attention, and she wandered closer, finding the Sun God giving welcome to more foreigners. Her heart smiled. The most beautiful land of all would belong to the most beautiful of all the gods. Ophelia's expression softened, and she remained on the edges of the crowd, closing her strange, dual colored eyes and inhaling deeply.

This was peace.

Credits: Image by perfectperfection @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Iscah Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

the indigo priest

[Partial continuation from this thread]

The pale woman moved to walk beside him and slowly he began to guide her from the underground cell. Quicksilver eyes watched her carefully, incase she began to stray or stumble. She seemed such a dainty thing, with careful little steps and he kept his heavy, methodical footfalls at her pace. She spoke again asking, about his magic, and he answered almost automatically. The High Priest never had a reason to lie. He never had a reason for anything but service. “The god’s did grant magic unto the Five so that we may serve them better. This servant holds sway over the metals of the earth, as we all hear Their voices, their commands.” When she paused, so did he. ’Will you help me?’ she asked. He paused for a moment, not intending to lie to the woman. ’Save her.’ the gods had said, and he had. If they were to now command him again and say ’Slay her.’ her would do that too. “This servant will help, if he can.” He meant to inflection but his deep quiet voice came out soothing all the same. He started forward again, to guide the blindfolded priestess out of the darkness.

- - - - - - - - - -

He emerged from the entrance to the underground prison and everything changed.

The silence was deafening. The magic of the High Priests manifested like static in their minds, a cacophony of sound, the voices of all the tortured gods of the Rift that melded in a constant stream of cries from which they picked out what commands they could decipher and followed them to whatever end. They were all gone now. The blue beast’s ears could here voices and the sounds or fire and of water but inside his head was a silent, gaping void. Someday he would ba able to describe what he felt as loneliness, as abandonment, but in this moment he was so unaccustomed to feeling at all.

He came to a sudden halt, blinking in the bright sunshine, trying to see, trying to understand what had happened. Fire was around them and then gone and though the vast salt flats looked familiar they were all together different. Their inhabitants were all together different. Bodies surrounded them but the berserkers he had brought with him were nowhere to be seen. He scanned the crowd, stone-faced as ever her was but on the inside he was lost. Where were the voices of his gods? What had happened? What were these people doing here? Some faces looked around but most aimed to a golden winged beast with fire upon his brow. He her the voices, the whispers… ’Lord’…’Sun’…  

He moved slowly, walking forward with a fixed pupil-less stare at the fire-stag until he stood before him and looked down. “What is this?” he said in a deep rumble, “What are you?” There was near to no emotion in his questions, they were not disrespectful or defiant. As far as the Priest was concerned the answers made no difference but he was driven by the need to understand. to know.

"."
[ooc// Comes through the portal with @Naja and addresses the @God of the Sun

but this is your heart
can you feel it? can you feel it?
Coding by Tamme

Ahvelyn Posts: 44
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 13 [Orangemoon] HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen

Forgive me,

This is the sixth letter I have sent out of more than I am able to record, and I am sending it to you because I do not think your younger siblings could bear to hear this one. I hope that when they are both older you can perhaps tell them of it, but I apologize that you must be the one to bear this burden alone until that time comes.

There are just some things that children can't be told. And I'm forcing myself to remember that you aren't a child anymore, that you're older than I was when my body first conceived of your existence and my heart first became a mother's. Maybe that is why I must write to you now.

But no matter, or perhaps all the matter in the world:

That day was bright like so many others, and when I followed the crowd that inevitably seemed to gather in this land before Gods appeared, I found myself in yet another part of Helovia that could have been as old as the Basin itself, as far as I was concerned. I did not at this point yet know of my herdland's relatively brief history, and I did not know that in fact I was older than it, but that was neither here nor there.

This corner of the world, not horribly far from the labyrinth where I'd last participated in the massive conflagration that appeared to be just one of many, was bright. It was radiating sun, and at its center was a God that I was not shocked to later learn ruled over that same body and elemental sphere. About him were strangers, clearly others from this new land, and some few familiar faces.

I wasn't alone, anymore. I always found someone, and that was a strange thing for me. I'd spent most of my years wandering with no one at my side, and it was odd to feel both dependent and depended upon for once. I think this was simply part of being a herd, but it was something I'd not experienced for quite some time.

It was Rikyn who I saw first and first chose to gravitate towards, but just as I drew close enough I decided against a formal approach. I did not wish to intrude upon his space, and it was growing quickly clear to me that he was not alone. Another young stallion, apparently not far from his age, stood near.

That wasn't my place to stand. I could watch him, feel something like a need to care for him even despite the space between us, but I dared not go further. Instead I lifted my old gaze towards the sun, both God and sky, and waited for what devilry might burst up from the mirrored pools expanding in the distance.

""
Those Days Are Gone
image credits

[Walks towards Rikyn and then decides better of it, stopping some ways off and keeping her distance. Looks up at the Sun God.]

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen

Day. Bright, brilliant, horrible day. What were meant to be hours of sleep for the Haruspex were instead wretched hours of tortured wandering. Back in the Aurora Basin, Lochan slept. Ashamin had set out for a long journey and insisted his companion stay behind.

He needed to go south. That was what he'd been told by his own God, and so he had to obey. Even if Ashamin was beginning to feel rejected, as if only a divine afterthought, he would obey. He had to listen, he had to keep his head down in holy presence and up with high spirits and faith. He had to do everything he was told and question it, too, somehow. Unquestioningly questioning.

What the hell kind of a job description was that?

Angrily, Ashamin lashed his tail behind him and let errant sparks fly. There was a crowd gathering before him but with his head hanging low all he saw were scattered sets of hoofprints in sand. He didn't see the God, he didn't want to see anything above the horizon and have to be blinded by the light of a day he'd grown quickly unaccustomed to.

Unluckily for him, the Halycon Flats reflected such light directly into his eyes, lowered even as they were.

The haruspex snapped to attention and saw, then, what he had somehow managed to miss. A God, another holy relic stranding tall and ancient and astride this land as if it were his most prized possession. Below him, hordes of worshippers and strangers. Somehow, the painted buck had found himself in the middle of it all without realizing.

Ashamin bowed as if out of habit, but said nothing because it was not his place to speak. This was the God of the Dragon's Throat, he knew without paying even the slightest attention to the words of those around him. This was Maren's God, the Diviner's jurisdiction.

So where was she? And was she feeling better? Ashamin thought back to the dark unicorn mare, dying in the aftermath of the Wolf God fight, and how the diviner had simply walked away with an air of callousness.

So the real question was this: was Maren feeling less like a soulless figment, now, or would Ashamin remain alone in his sympathetic solitude? And he wondered, too, more fearfully: when would feeling so much get old for him, too?

"" ""
ASHAMIN

image credits

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Kalona Posts: 40
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 3 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

It didn't matter what time the sun rose in this new place for the golden boy was always up before it trying to figure things out and searching for answers. Many disturbing facts had come to light since he had first arrived being thrust through a portal that nearly tried to drown him. He could only hope that this was not karma coming back to bite his ass for something or another he had done earlier in life. If it was HE GOT THE POINT ALREADY, so change things back to how they had always been. To his relief he had met very few others along his journey allowing him to think rather that come up with lame answers as to where he was from. How the hell was he supposed to know? He only lived there after all. If it had a name he really never cared for it, if it didn't there was no time wasted. Hell he still had no flipping idea where the hell he was right now! 

Lifting his crown he felt that same sickly feeling wash over him leaving him with a bad feeling of impending doom. It had been the same way for both of the previous battles so likely if it held true guess what would be happening. Picking up the pace the stallion headed to the south following whatever it was luring them towards the great unknown. Soon the grasses turned to sand and sand to dust throwing up clouds of it all around him as he loped along poised for anything that might decide to jump out at him along the way. Snorting to clear the debris from his airway he managed to make out a small gathering just up ahead, well he assumed he had found whatever had caused this strangeness and low and behold another God. Based on the murmurs and voices of the ones around him this was their so called Sun God but what was he doing all the way out here? Approaching with caution he couldn't help but notice yet more souls being ripped from their homes, but these guys seem to be following the God willingly. Ok things were going from strange to really screwed up in the blink of an eye what in the hell was going to come next in this three ringed circus?

Looking around was confusion the golden could not figure out why so many had been transported to this world. Was there a purpose to all of this that lay hidden somewhere? Shaking his head he played the scene's over in his head trying to find any connection between them. What if they had not really killed the Winter god and each of these bizarre occurances was his way of trying to enact revenge? The bear..then the wolves..something had to connect them all he just knew it. Drawing away from the worshippers he moved to what he felt was a safe distance before stopping to continue his scrutiny of what he knew so far.  

•• TAGS: •• NOTES: ••

“Just because you call an electric eel a rubber duck doesn't make it a rubber duck, does it? And God help the poor bastard who decides they want to take a bath with the duckie.”
Table by Moonstone Designs

Eden Posts: 56
Absent Abyss atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 7
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
prissy

E D E N
if you wanna break these walls down
you're gonna get bruised

The self pity part of Eden's illness had come and gone. The annoyance set in for a while, but was quickly taken over by unadulterated anger. That stupid wolf had cursed her with this disease and he deserved to pay for it. He had already paid for it in full with his life. Therefore, Eden turned her rage onto anything that would take it.

Tree? Die motherfucker. You don't understand. I'm sick, I don't know what caused it, and someone is going to pay for it. 

Flower? Die. Die. Die. No mercy. Feel my pain.

Rabbits? Get your humping asses off my lawn before I tear you to shreds and use your blood as cough syrup. 

Some say that hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. In this case, hell hath no fury like a teenager with an unidentifiable illness. She had never considered herself an easily angered person, but her helplessness was justification enough for her rage. It was anguish turned to violence only because there was no where else to turn it. Wallowing in her agony did no good anyway. Neither did getting angry at sex crazed bunnies, but it was something easier to focus on than the continuous unanswerable question of why me? Why me? Why? Why?! *wheeze* WHY?! WHY?!

As she was simmering in her rage Eden barely noticed the change of scenery around her. That, or she didn't care anymore. Her vision wasn't doing well anyway. It was filled with so many colors, too many colors. She had never longed for silence more than now. The louder the sound, the brighter the color. 

Oddly enough a sudden burst of pastels filled her sight. It was an unusual array of colors, too many to belong to only a few subjects. She considered ignoring it, turning around and trying to find somewhere else to yell at shrubs. But something made her continue her course. When she had stumbled upon the Moon Goddess it was a loud, clustered sight. She found herself hoping it was a similar situation. Who better than to heal her than a god?

The colors grew more vibrant as she neared. Eden tossed her mane over her ears in an attempt to subdue them. She made out the shapes of horses, and some sort of tunnel. She was tempted to scream BE QUIET at those closest to her, but she held her tongue. 

Getting closer to the horses wasn't helping the colors, so she stayed a distance away from them until she was able to get a clear picture of what was happening. There was a bright horse, a majestic, fiery one. It had the same look of dignity the Moon Goddess did. She assumed this was another deity of Helovia. The other horses eventually came into focus as well. Among them she saw a familiar face: Rexanna!

Eden trotted across the flats toward her herd mate, regretting the decision slightly as the colors around her grew more vibrant. Her head ached because of it which certainly wasn't helping with the whole black goop thing. She came to a stop behind Rexanna, wheezing and dripping black goop. She was a shameful sight. Eden didn't dare to say anything to her friend, for the last thing she desired was those close to her knowing she was in such a pitiful state. 

Therefore, Eden stood and waited to see what would develop of this strange set of circumstances she had happened upon.  

mentions: @Rexanna @Random Event

[Image: 55e3948091bdb]
please tag eden in all posts

Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen

"Have you ever felt so happy and grand as this?"

He is speaking so loudly that it almost hurts him to hear his own voice, because his voice is a beautiful bright yellow. He is sputtering and wheezing, black flecks balling up the sand that smooshes with a satisfying waterfall effect as he steps closer to the flatlands. He was in the deep forest, he thinks, spending some time with Knox and his companion. Knox is very small, he likes Knox. Knox is also very quiet, he thinks that is also good.

Every once and a while he nudges Knox's small dog's rump, urging him to follow. His companion seems lost, but she too is quiet as she looks up at him with brave bright eyes. Bright eyes like Archibald's, like Aylin's, like so many...

Everything is yellow! This is grand, yes, grand.

His Knox is not very good at hiding, he has observed as she lopes at an injured limp. Half of her, no, his, side is still healing from a God's burn that he does not remember getting. His own side, torn up from Archibald's attack, is just barely healed and beginning to feel distant in a smooth field of silver visions.

In the distance, the Goddess of the Moon towers bravely. He is not certain that he is happy to see her, but he is also not sure he is sad. And he cannot think much of her then, or for very long, because then he sees Evers, his able silver brother, looking so lovely in white and red. Like a true mountain pass, that Evers.

The hunter draws closer to his brother, Knox and his companion at his side. His companion is nudging him, nervous as a newborn colt (as if she was one!) and he snorts towards her. Not now! he thinks in their bond, not realizing that his son cannot hear and that his companion doesn't know why she addresses him. Evers is here!

"Brother, brother!" he says with high spirits, soon breaking into a run when the clarity of that mirrored water comes into view. He stops short before Ophelia, reaching out to touch her with affection he and Evers never shared. His face drips with black. "Oh brother, I have missed you! I have not seen you patrolling your domain of the foothills for some time, Evers, I had grown worried you were away, but no! NO! You are here with the moon and I am so glad, so glad you have come, come here to meet my daughter," he coos dreamily, gesturing to himself when he means to refer to young Milo--his son.

Manhattan is worried. She wishes she could stop her master from so loudly proclaiming his disease, but she knows this is beyond her control. As she lets her body fall and tugs Knox's child to join her, she knows everything here is far, far beyond her control.

""
And I Will Laugh Until I'm Tired
I Will Battle With a Strange Desire
image credits

[[Knox got the GLL, thinks he is Milo and Milo is Manhattan and Manhattan is himself and Sunny is Moony and Ophelia is Evers. He runs towards OPHELIA, babbles at her incessantly, and tries to touch her. Milo is in tow and will be posted directly after this.

SORRY TAMME I HOPE HE DOESN'T INFECT PHI BUT THE COMEDY OF THEM NEVER RECOGNIZING AND/OR REMEMBERING EACH OTHER WAS TOO MUCH OF AN OPPORTUNITY TO PASS UP.]]

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

He had always been there to pull her out of the darkness.
Not Gaucho.
Not Mesec.

The Sun.

He had crowned her when she was rough and wild. He had given her family when she was alone and lost. He had guided her when she was buried and broken. He had held her when she was afraid and desperate. He had forgiven her when she had sinned and forgotten.
From it all she had grown better, and each part was due to him. It was him and his teachings, however direct or indirect, that kept her rooted when she felt torn up from the very sands she'd dug her way into, the very sands he'd planted her in.

Even now as she joined the gathering crowd, her gaze swept the sea of horses, easily jumping towards the bodies of her family. Gaucho was there, as stoic as ever (though more so lately, it seemed, which troubled her). She thought of going to him, standing beside his own version of guiding light, but when so much had passed between them, and yet so little at the same time, she hesitated. It gave enough time for Megaera to slip in, though she didn't stay, favoring the warrior Einarr. Good was all she thought at seeing his presence, her anger quelled with the uncertainty she now carried. Uncertainty that encouraged her to go to Gaucho after all, to forgive him and take him because damnit she needed him, she needed somebody, but then Ranjiri was there, and Ampere lingered back.

She stood to the side, alone, content to bask in the Sun's glow and be reminded of his worth to her, even if her memories and her confidence faltered with the others that he bathed in gold.

She sighed, numb, sick. Tar wept around her face, nearly unseen against the dark of her coat, and around her electricity danced inside everyone and she felt it, but it wasn't enough.

L EAVE THE PAST BEHIND, WALK AWAY | AND THE CRACKS BEGIN TO S HOW

RE

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Milo Posts: 60
Outcast
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 2 years [Birdsong]
Jen

I'm gonna carry you in
In my head, in my heart, in my soul

Put heavy-end [hoof] one after two, then three after four, dog taught this one [me] to put these numbers together [count]. Dog shows with [dead squirrel's tails,] long fuzz sticks, lays them out in sets, [stares] puts eyes into this one's [mine] for a long time, makes this one think. Dog don't say nothin' just look a long time, but this one feel a need [a wish] that she'd speak.

One time this one say to dog, speak!

Dog made big noise, [bark], this one made little small noises, [little laughs.] This one couldn't stand and then earth-bottom [ground] came up and smacked this one clean up. That was a day, [good] day. Felt nice, but also felt old, [like hurt.]

So this day, [today], this one knows numbers, up to 4 for each tail[?] and this one walks like that. Big one, big one mom-face called something [dad? Knox?] is loud, but this one thinks he is [good], he is big because he is not small like this one. Then there is bigger one, very big tall and bright, big one [you? Dad? Knox?] say "moon," say "grand," but this one doesn't [understand.] Just doesn't.

There are so many other ones! This one looks at dog, wants to put numbers together for them all, looks at dog again [wants to say "Manny, how many people you think that is? You think that's like twenty or something? Twenty five? Let's go, Manny, let's ditch this scene. This ain't for us, you and me we gots better things to do and old Joe over here, he's not looking too good. Looking a little yellow, looking a little green, looking a little liquored up if you know what I mean. You feel that, you feel me, we feel each other, Manny.]

This one is having trouble standing still, body [shakes], inside beats feel [scared]. This one pushes against [you? dad? Knox? Papa? Old Joe, flapjack, skinny-dip, hellhole, what am I gonna call you, old man?] wants [yes, wants, I know that now] to go, [leave, begone, adios, ditching you for good this time!]

Big isn't listening, Big's talking to not big not small [medium? White? Ophelia the Forsaken, white angel of the long mistaken lands, blood tipped being? I'd like to cover her in dead squirrel tails. I'd like to count them on her back and tell her proud how many she's wearing.]

Dog? Look at dog 'cause dog listens. Dog's on ground for eye-close [tired,] though. Dog's looking at the big big[gest] one, [the god] one, two, three, four...

background by: http://sirius-sdz.deviantart.com

Öde Posts: 145
Aurora Basin Disciple atk: 5 | def: 10 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hh :: 4.5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Blu

Ö_D_E
I'M FRIENDS WITH THE MONSTER_UNDER MY BED

Something drew him in again. Power, most likely, though he couldn't say what exactly because he had no sense for something like that and he normally stuck to his snowy north. Well, Time God had suggested they go South, so he went. Everyone else though, what were they here for? Surely not duty, so there had to be more. Something, expected, something, summoning, something, magnificent.

Still weak in body, but strong in mind and steeled in soul, Öde traversed the lands until he drew upon what was new and different and attractive. He marveled at the reflections that danced off the flat surface of the land, and though it had a certain allure, the way strange things always did, he couldn't help but wonder why the god found this place fitting to fight for and bring back (because that's what was happening again, wasn't it?). He glanced up from his toes which he'd been watching carve through the sand, shining red eyes dancing towards the brilliant light of the Sun. So, this was the god the tiger mare served.

He had to admit, he preferred his own lightning deity and the dark bitch that had forced his hand when a wolf is what she brought back. Still, a god was a god and there was no denying their absolute glory. Respectfully Öde bowed his head, though he traveled still, and as his face lifted he caught sight of The Reaper on the edges he himself was breaking into. With a confidence granted by shared blood, however poorly known, Öde strode to stand beside his Basin lord, cocking a hind foot as he settled in beside him.

"Ready, uncle?" he asked with a slow casualness that was out of place given their rank and their history. That mattered little to Öde though once Oblivion had told him to watch over his blood and shared the names of his relations.

bg- resurgere.deviantart.com

@Deimos
Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, including death - no decapitating.
Be aware active magic doesn't work in his vicinity due to his magic!

62.5/62.5 HP
Helovia Hard Mode

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Ophelia is unaffected by GLL!

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia

"I'm gazing upward, a world I can't embrace..."

He had no had no idea where he was, his breathing was labored and difficult. The stallion wheezed his way onto the falls silver eyes useless for the moment. He could hear voices though, and smell scents he had never been able to before. Stumbling towards the sounds he tried not to bump into others. With a blink of his eyes his sight came back, and everyone around him didn't have parts. Horses he knew had wings didn't, horns were gone, everyone was a plain equine. They had their normal markings though, so he could tell them all apart. Some grey mare was going on and on, and the Sun god was there. Oh praise the sun he was here! Unable to control his awkward staggering movements he staggered towards the Sun God.

Black oozed from his nostrils, eyes, and mouth as he halted in front of the God. He dropped clumsily to his knees, "My lord and savior. It's a pleasure." His voice came out with hiss making it harder than normal to understand. He could almost taste the flames emanating from his lord. He staggered to his hooves and backed away slipping as he went. His vision was blurry again and he giggled madly for no reason. He caught sight a mare of cream and gold and swayed towards her. "Rexxxxannnaa!" He hissed and coughed roughly as he stumbled still giggling around his coughing. All thoughts of keeping her safe were gone from his brain as he noticed another mare he knew. "Eeeeddenn!" He giggled harder trying to touch her muzzle as black ooze dripped from his open mouth. He wheezed harder then broke into a wild bought of coughing.

I L I O S
My heart's an endless winter filled with rage...
image credit

Tags; @Random Event @Rexanna @Eden
Words; 282
OOC; crazy sick Ilios xD
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

Another land, another monster leading into another sickness— and another rift that had opened and leaked filthwithout her consent. Maren waded cautiously through the liquid that felt like it mirrored her entire soul. Her mist danced and curled around her, evaporating as the warmth of the sun caressed it and, as it hit the cold, reviving itself. She breathed it in, her friend, and breathed it out with the inclusion of grey dusty sickness. The lands were perfect, the air felt like home and the liquid glass reminded her of her dreamy visions in the Gardens, the Medium — But what would it take this time? Where does this end, she thought. What could it be— Yet another phantasm.  

Through liquid traveling she had arrived (apparently), for through her scattered senses she smelled the light, felt the pressure of the other horses on her bare skin; Gaucho, Megaera, Ampere, Ashamin, Mauja and Ërthe and whoever else; but her eyes… Her eyes seemed blinded by the overthrow of all the different senses that were rushing through, as if her iris and pupil had turned into an intersection of it all and there was no making sense of. Only when she desperately concentrated could she see what was before her. But she did not whine for this handicap for long, because what the priestess felt on her relieved skin was the pure luminous pressure of her God. 

Still moving with care, she walked towards Him, more and more beginning to think and feel like it could be a dream because of the fluffiness filling her head (perhaps the cotton-y mist she had breathed in). Still, there was no mistaking the godly presence: The power, the warmth, the illusions of light dancing around her, with her; yelled and sang and shouted —and she would almost forget that there would most certainly be a monster appearing soon. (Although surely He would handle it with speed and ease.) Even though her halo was not illuminating as she stood bathing in the light of these mirroring lands, before her God, she had rarely felt more connected to it. Her devotion was seamless, endless. “My… —God,” she managed to get over her blackened, foul dripping, quivering lips. She bowed her head, shadowy smudge lining her alabaster cheeks, raining down from the openings of her skeleton face. In thought she begged him to release her from the darkness in her lungs, the demons that had nestled inside of her after the Wolf battle, but she would also not let it stand in her way for protecting what she felt through her senses and into her very spirit. He knew her heart, He knew her soul and He knew her sins, for she knew they would be save in his glowing eternal embrace. Take my worth and make it more. 

She took up her chin again and joined her herd. As she walked past her respectable colleague Ashamin, she gargled up a failed ‘hello’ and only managed to make it seem like she was attempting to either spit questionable smudge at him, or curse him with the included strange sounds. However, she didn’t do as much as notice that she had failed so miserably, and thus, when she walked up to Gaucho and Megaera, the same thing happened with her precious Sultan and Sultana. 

At last Maren found a spot somewhere near her herd mates where she could throw her beforehand prepared, cold, grim golden glare towards the Riftians (foul creatures with shattered souls, callers upon damnation). Since, however much her God welcomed them in their land, a dark voice in her head kept whispering that perhaps the Helovian Gods weren’t aware of this seemingly so innocent danger yet. For, had the Rift-Gods seen the end of their reign coming? Had they been aware of their falling doom? Time shall tell, but she would be there, too. 

But then, out of nowhere, her darkening, yellow eyes spotted them; focused so that the details started to flow out: Small wings behind the ears of… of a stranger— An untrue reflection, she told her awareness as her breathing stopped for a desperate moment. Is that my soul? Is this me? But the logic of her senses was not to be found, was evaporating and seeing what could be a demonic play of shadows, a growing danger to her very being. Maren’s chin rose, pupils small as the yellow, framed by black, shimmered in what could be said was fright. From her widening, stained nostrils Maren puffed thick fog as she looked at her, a girl —herself? What demon are you?

Am I?
But she was pure, she was light.
I am priestess of the Sun. I have smelled it, tasted it myself.

Her eyes flickered as her ears flung back, wings stiff and unmoving like horns sticking out from the sides of her head, feathered fingers spread over the air underneath. How dare you bow before my God. But still she stood unmoved, like marble stone statues from era’s too old. And yet, she was not frozen by anticipation, the promise of a fight. She was turned to coldness by horror and confusion; the pure innocence of overwhelming unknowings. Tar dripped from her face. Demons. Filth. Still, through it all she swore by the light. Swore by its strength and  swore by the strength of her trust, her faith. 

Why, now I have smelled darkness, too.

Maren
BY THE PRECEPTS OF HER PURITY

yewrezz | x x | larfsalot
on deviantart

CONTEST WINNER
Mentioned--> Interacted-ish with: Evaneska, Gaucho, Megaera, Ashamin and Sun God

SUMMARY: Is aware of the presence of Gaucho, Megaera, Ampere, Ashamin, Mauja and Ërthe. She goes over to the God of the Sun to pay her respects and then attempts to say hi to Ashamin. Then also attempts to say hi to Gaucho and Meg, and after that she basically gets obsessed and poops her pants and shit when she notices Evaneska. (Short explanation: She is sick and she hates Rifters and she is very much scared she is a mirror of herself <- because GLL that I needed to make use of because fun. Do you wanna get involved somehow? :D Might be fun and help her get over herself :|) 

Tags RE for GLL
(Doesn't see but feels presence of others, doesn't see but smells the light, doesn't see but hears others just fine, doesn't see but tastes stuffs around her and only if she focuses specifically on something she can see.)

@Evaneska, @Gaucho, @Megaera, @Ashamin, @Random Event
Please tag me 

Thantos Posts: 26
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 6.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.1 hands :: 7 Frostfalls HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
xyroca
For whatever reason, I had been drawn to this unexplored land like a moth to a flame. The mirages danced off the salty water, reflecting the sun's light and sparkling with an endless beauty. I wondered what the Helovians called this place, so many of their lands were strangely named. But as I drifted along the currents of the wind, movement below caught my attention. Out of nowhere, an ethereal being materialized from another Rift. That meant...This was not a familiar Helovian land? Massive wings beat as I watched the crowd gather, more and more unfamiliar faces gathering beneath. Soon, slightly recognizable figures began to gather around the God. Faces that I had seen in passing, though didn't really interact with, just those I had fought along side without question. As I hovered, my crown tilted to each side, audibly cracking my neck as I stretched and prepped myself for what was sure to be another adventure.

Out of the corner of my eye, a familiar shape caused me to do a double take so sharp that I lost my balance for a moment. Wings stopped beating for half a second, and I wavered in my flight as I stared at the frame of a dappled mare bowing before the fiery God in disbelief. Surely I was imagining her angelic figure? Could it really be her? Could she really be alive after all this time? Known in the land of Urd as my slave, but always a free woman in my eyes, there she kneeled. Ever obedient, ever faithful, ever innocent, Evaneska. "Eva..nes...EVANESKA!" Her name roared off of my lips with more power than I had intended, though I didn't give a damn if I drew any attention towards myself. The ember glow of my scales ignited into a passionate burn, my black scales glowing a brilliant orange with the excitement of finding her. At last, someone that I knew and cared for had arrived in Helovia! I had not brought her death, I had not brought her destruction after all! But there was a panic to my voice, fear suddenly sinking into my veins as I remembered the pattern of the last Rift openings. This was not the end of it...I had to move her, I could not watch her die again. I could not leave her to herself, I would not fail her a second time.

In a desperate rush to join her side, my massive wings tucked close to my body, bringing me to a spiraling downfall. Not a moment too soon, my wings unfurled to catch the winds, acting as a parachute as I drifted the rest of the way to land beside the dappled mare with wings behind her ears. I missed what she had been mumbling, but I wasted no time in joining her left side. "Evaneska, we have to hurry. We have to go, right now. There's no time to explain, before it's too late, you have to leave!" It was far from a happy reunion, but I refused to see her get hurt or worse. My tone was something that would be unrecognizable to her, a damn near frantic plea for her to listen to me, a demand that I could not let her ignore.

With my newfound purpose, I was hardly even aware that I had passed Ranjiri and her herd, or the fact that I was essentially being rude to the burning deity. I meant no disrespect to Him, in fact pissing off a God was the last thing on my to-do list. However, I had seen the damage of the last Rift openings. I had fought against the infected, heartless "gods" that had ignored us for so long. I had ripped out the eye of the Bear God, I had fought against the mutated wolf, and I had the fresh wounds that were still healing to prove it. "Please Evaneska, it's not safe for you right now." The words choked in my throat, my deep voice struggling to remain stern and in control. Golden orbs treasured the loyal mare that had clung to my side when I tried to free her so long ago, tracing over every part of her to be sure that no harm had come to her. The lovely mare was just as I had remembered her, so dainty and fragile, bowing before the one that showed the utmost power. It wasn't until now that I realized she had not arrived on her own, with another mare clinging to her side.

The strange unicorn was stunning, painted with the colors of a sunrise and seemed every bit as fitting to be standing near the Sun God. She was ever so slightly taller than Evaneska, though I still towered over them both. My auds flicked back awkwardly, suddenly realizing just how ridiculous, terrifying even, I must be to some of the others. Standing next to these two angels, I looked like the devil himself. Unsure of what else to do, I dipped my muzzle to the mare that clung to my ex-slave's side. If she was a friend to Evaneska, she was a friend of mine. And I would steal them both away before danger would come to them."Please."

OOC: Team Sun God - Was hovering above and watching everyone arrive, dove down to @Evaneska when he realized it was her. Is begging her to leave before anything bad happens, then notices @Persephone and nods to her too.

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
Dead men tell no tales.

She drifted from the Meadow, past the purple beaming thistles and towards a new kind of light. Ghost didn’t know there was something east of the Meadow, something other than the endless sea of green bushes and for a moment she had hesitated. It looked bright and open, not many to sneak and hide whilst the sun placed a spotlight on all who ventured near. Still, Ghost struggled to ignore her intrigue and walked boldly forwards, watching the landscape change from shades of healthy green to an interesting looking beige and then to the splash of water. She gingerly walks lopsided, the deceivingly heavy watch that latched itself under her wing dragging her into an awkward walk whilst Fantöme crept alongside her with a wary gaze. A gathering had formed in this new mirror like land and Ghost’s eyes widened slightly at the view of the Sun God, the banshee had had little business with Gods and much preferred to keep it that way. She continued onwards regardless and activated the watch at her side, feeling the encasing of leather wrap around her body into a protective suit of armour. If she couldn’t hide in shadow here then she would hide in something else instead.

The Cadaverous lingered on the edge of proceedings, recognizing the odd face here and there. Those who battled against her and those who she simply knew from passing by, Ghost had not one friend in this crowd (or perhaps in the majority of the land) and so she stayed on the edge of the crowd for now. Waiting for something else to happen.

The God opened a door, or what looked to be a portal to another world, with a flash of bright light and he brought with him some new faces. Horses not of Helovia were brought to Helovia, but why? Ghost frowned and watched them step though with befuddlement, wondering why the God was bringing these new things here. Had they some special purpose or power? Or was it something else…

Ghost shrugged and lingered nearby, waiting for her answer.

[Stays at the back of the group, mentions no one in particular ^^]
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Honey, you're familiar like my mirror years ago,
Idealism sits in prison, chivalry fell on its sword

What was he now? A coward? Surely.

Sacre walked towards the new land with great uncertainty filling his steps, the last time an event like this had happened he had fled in shock and fear. Leaving his brethren and family to fight for him. The results of his haste had him weeping for hours and cursing himself for longer. In a day the world had shocked him and now he would have to find the courage to walk back into a crowd, not knowing what to expect. Yet, his God was there, the Lord of Fire and patron of the Throat. He couldn’t run away this time lest he disgrace his entire herd. So Sacre walked boldly forwards, a duo of foxes marching by his side, into the gathering and commotion. He stood a moment and took a deep breath, watching his God open a portal and lead some more souls out of it. Effortlessly the portal shut and the red stained colt cast about the new surroundings, the new horses and the horses he already knew.

He gravitates towards Ranjiri and Gaucho, feeling the safety of being near a friend and also near his Sultan, if things went awry it just felt like the best place to be in the young boy’s avid mind. Maren was there also, the oddly spoken Diviner who had sailed him back home and Sacre watched her pay her respects to their Lord. He didn’t see any of his family this time, except for Ghost, who he knew little of anyway.

Did they make it?

A sinking feeling formed at the pit of his stomach as he thought of father and Aviya, trying to find solace in the fact that they were simply at home. In the mountains and far away from here, safe as could be and tucked away in a cave along with Roux. That was right? Wasn’t it? Inari brushed up alongside his leg in attempt to comfort his troubled friend and Sacre managed a meek smile, but that was all. He hated not knowing.

The crafter swallowed nervously and cast his troubled gaze to the floor, waiting for fate to uncover itself and hoping that today was a day for new arrivals of a nice kind. 

[v. briefly mentions; jiji, gaucho & maren]

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!