the Rift

[Open] Demain, dès l’aube, je partirai.

Alayaya Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The sun filtered winsomely through leafy canopies above. Dappled brown earth stretched out between trunks of massive trees and blinded little saplings. Here and there in the canopy enough of a gap existed to let a whole flooding pool of golden sun fall onto the forest floor, creating oases in which fresh green life was brimming. A tree had fallen in one such pool, probably the cause of many, weighed down some years ago by ice or slain by wind or storm. The ancient gray trunk was now softened by time and thaw. Around it early buds of primroses (pale green pods full of unborn sunlight), and young creeping ferns had pushed up above the ground, along with a few thin-stalked tree-babies, with no leaves yet to identify them.

Within this patch of gold sun and green spring lay the little filly this morning, alone. Lounging with her head on an Artist’s Conk and her legs spread out on the carpet of young green plants. Her pale, metallic coat glittered in the light that fell upon her. The thin strands of her mane like liquid gold against the faded gray of tree and fungus were spread in haphazard disarray. She had been hard to notice before the sun came up; she was very still. Her shimmering, pale flaxen hide was almost the same colour as morning sunlight and – lounged as she was on the east-side of this log in the direct light it was just possible to imagine that she had fallen through the canopy with the dawn. The horn on her forehead glittered very faintly; pale almost translucent gold. The picture stayed this way, static and waiting, for one long, slow minute before the stillness was broken by a rustling, hopping rodent that stole across the ground in search of snacks.

Then, as the sun dragged itself higher into the sky, as the light grew warmer and less ephemeral and the slant of the rays changed through the canopy above, Alayaya stirred. Her eyelids fluttered open (a little too dramatically to be believable) and she stretched her legs, rustling the leafy floor. She didn’t quite disturb the nearby chipmunk turning over leaves to look for snacks. He kept her in his eyeline, but his busy hands kept digging. Lifting her head sleepily she looked around her, stretching her neck so she could peek over the back of the log, though not apparently expecting to see anything. She seemed supremely unconcerned about being alone. Silly creature – have you been alone since you fell asleep? There certainly wasn’t any sign of others nearby. Suddenly, ear swivelling first, her attention turned toward the sound of rustling leaves; she whipped her head around to find the little scurrying creature on the ground. With a grin she climbed to her feet – and the movement looked a little too fluid, too graceful for her age and the enthusiasm she suddenly emanated. The chipmunk did pause now, considering her with tail twitching, and as she made a tiny step forward, head down, ears forward, he ran – and so did she; exuberance and bright young energy in a bounding playful agility. The chipmunk scurried across the cleared earth floor of the forest a few dozen yards, the filly in hot pursuit, before it leapt up the trunk of a wide old tree and spiralled upward. Coming to an abrupt and unceremonious halt at the base of the tree she reared up, planting her forefeet against the trunk and peering upward at the boughs above. Her blue eyes followed the progress of the little brown rodent, head weaving as he did through the branches. Above her head about forty feet he made a leap to the next tree and she, craning her neck backward to keep him in view, overbalanced, flailed with a squeal and fell backward.

With a snort she rolled over and climbed to her feet again. Then she was off – racing under the branches overhead, leaping from patch of sunlight to patch of sunlight, never lingering long in the shadows. Did she know where she was going? It was hard to say… she weaved in several directions as she ran, but overall she moved forward into the Threshold. Suddenly, she turned at 90 degrees and pelted at full speed along an alley of elms just awakening from their long winter slumber, emerging in a few moments under the bright, cloudless blue sky in a wide clearing. Grass grew up to her ankles here, with forget-me-nots adding splashes of early blue to the meadow. She ran with a lilting, carefree grace about a dozen steps, a shriek of delight trailing after her like gossamer and promise as she ran. She flung herself down onto the ground and rolled in the blue flowers, giggling.

Practically purring she waited there, flopped on her side in the sun, expectant.

Aeolus Posts: 100
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: 3 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Kicking his heels high the colt jumped around trying to catch the birds as they swooped overhead. In a way he was envious of the small creatures considering they could fly and he still couldn't, well not all that well anyway. For now he was confined to the earthly prison until he could manage to build up his strength and achieve liftoff. As the birds began to tire of his games they slowly disappeared into the trees well out of his reach sadly ending his little bought of fun. Sighing defeatedly he pulled his golden wings close and headed deeper into the forest to see what else he might find along the way. Early morning had seemed to be the best time to come out and play with the creatures when they were all active and enjoying the day but as soon as midday approached most tended to go back to bed. They were in his opinion complete party poopers for there was still so much to do while the sun still shone overhead. Flicking his ears to the various squeaks and rustling that surrounded the area he tried to only listen for anything that sounded big and concerning. Mother would likely disapprove of his theory on the whole small things were not as dangerous as the big things but she was not here to tell him otherwise.

Reaching back to bite at the patches of itchy feathers that were just finishing growing in he almost wished that he could just pull them out. Why did they have to be so itchy anyway? Finding a few damaged old feathers underneath he carefully plucked them out letting them fall to the ground. Finally satisfied for the time being he refolded his wing and proceeded along his path which was not well worn at all. He wanted to make a new pathway instead of following the old ones so he was bound and determined to do just that. With the grass tickling his belly he trotted along trying not to trip in the many long chunks of everything that kept trying to make him fall. Snapping his head up as the rustling sounds got louder he stopped dead in his tracks wondering what was out there. Whatever it was didn't sound small like a gopher or raccoon, it was larger. But what could it be? Part of him was telling him to turn back while the funner side wanted to go investigate. Well given the two options it was clear that the funner one would prevail.

With the decision made the brindled boy moved forward following the sounds until he came to a small clearing. Poking his head into the tall grass he peered around wondering if this was really a good idea to go hunting down something potentially much larger than himself. Too late now though so only choice was to pursue. Batting his leg through the grass in an attempt to clear a path so he didn't poke an eye out in the process he battled his way through until he came upon the culprit. Intrigued and pleasantly surprised to see a younger filly he tilted his head just studying her for a moment. Her coat was white just like mothers but her mane and tail shone like gold along with the horn. He had to admit she was very pretty not that he would admit to it out loud. Stepping forward with a bounce in his step he trotted up closer. "Whatcha doing?" He asked watching the girl with curiosity.

Aeolus Speaks
Aeolus Thinks

•• TAGS: @ Alayaya •• NOTES: •• Hope you don't mind the company :) 

“The more you try to crush your true nature, the more it will control you. Be what you are. No one who really loves you will stop.”
Table by Moonstone Designs

@Alayaya
[Image: aeolus_pixel__commission__by_destrierdes...9g5emp.png][Image: aeolus_by_bronzehalo_d9gff3z_by_moonston...9ggy0l.png]
Avatar 1 by Destrier Designs, Avatar 2 by BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
Drama entangled my life at the moment. There was absolutely nothing around each corner that delighted me in the slightest. Everything was dull, dark, and absolutely upsetting. I needed an escape, and what better place to do so than the Threshold? Perhaps I’d come across another creature like Nox? Or another creature like Eden? Seeming polar opposites; but both quite easy to return home with. Was it a goal to bring someone back with me? Not particularly; however, the company would be nice. A stranger that didn’t know my story, one that didn’t ask questions involving myself but rather the questions that involved the land I lived. The winter chilled Basin.

I chose to wander aimlessly this time. Often, I had just managed to do so at random and stumble across someone or something. Hopefully, I would be lucky enough that the aimless distance I travelled would be rewarded in company (and hopefully good company at that), when I suddenly heard a noise. Cream coated ears flocking to the sound of what appeared to be something rampaging through the Threshold. Well, this could either be good or bad. And I had chosen to investigate. Ears perked forward, I stepped lightly in the direction of where the sound had stopped. The sun peeking through the trees dappling a bright golden pelt beneath my already dappled body.

Ashen hooves trudged lightly through the growth of the grasses as I entered a portion of a field that I was sure would lead to a clearing when I spotted two equines. One seemed to be laying in the grass and I suddenly began to worry that perhaps something had happened. Blue eyes scanning the area carefully and quickly before landing on the winged male that stood at a careful distance from the body in the grass. I stepped closer and slightly more carefully as not to frighten the two with my steps that had been buffered by the grass. “Hello there!” I spoke calmly with a hint of excitement, nickering out to the two as I grew in closer to the circle. I stopped at a healthy distance between the both of them before I got a good look at the creature I had been worried about.

She appeared to be young and having fun with rolling in the grass, and I couldn’t help but to beam a smile as my eyes danced across her pelt quickly. She reminded me much of myself, but nearly opposites. Where her body was pale; my mane was. Where her mane was golden, my pelt was painted with the dapples of the metallic substance. Only difference was that I seemed slightly more tainted. Tainted by the darkness that surrounded my eyes in lines that travelled down my face. Tainted by the stripes that accentuated upwards from my cheekbones. Tainted by the grayish black that seemed to blend upward from my hooves as well as the tips of my hair. However much I appeared to be flecked with these dark markings; my blue eyes shown with a great deal of happiness – regardless if it were an act or not. If this was a child, she would never know. It did surprise me more and more at the idea of having more crowned golden bodies around. It was almost a serene feeling knowing that perhaps this golden color wasn’t such a sin after all.

I nodded to the feathered being, giving him a smile as well. “Isn’t this weather lovely?” I said gently to the both of them, but allowing my eyes to travel from the male to the filly lying in the blades of grass. “I am Rexanna. I come from the Aurora Basin.” I said cheerfully, glad to have some company that didn’t want to bore their knives into my soul with a single glance. Perhaps this day would be luckier – and happier – than I had originally thought.

I know a girl who shares a name with a guardian, she was a saint

Rexanna
Image Credits!

Welcome to Helovia, Faith! :D @Alayaya @Aeolus
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Nuray Posts: N/A
Unregistered
stars in your multitudes, scarce to be counted. filling the darkness with order and light.
You are the sentinels. silent and sure. keeping watch in the night.
The sun was not an ally of the pale, naked mare. Harsh rays threatened to burn fragile skin. Before the bright sun could turn her bodice red and swell with pain the silken maiden slipped beneath the shade of the boundless trees that made up the Threshold. Thoughts questioned her motives - encouraged her to turn around. She had been out here far too long yet not long enough. Nuray longed to unlock the secrets of this place. Perhaps even unlock to the ethereal realm in which she was born.

The urge wasn't nearly as pressing as when she first arrived. She had been accepted with much welcome into the World's Edge. Their kindness, especially Tembovu's, was very generous. But it wasn't just that. In this land where taint battled those that which to purify its greedy touch, she had met the Goddess of her beloved moon. Nuray had found herself fighting alongside the one she worshiped dearly and the patron of the herd she was now beginning to consider home.

Gracefully she slunk in the shadows: an action that seemed like a contradiction. Yet there was always an underlying elegance to the mare's every move. As she wandered she found herself forced out from her thoughts. Voices sounded in the distant. From what she had been told, the Threshold was a place where new souls were brought when being transported to Helovia. Immediately the lady picked up her step lightly, albeit not foolishly rushing into who-knows-what.

The sight revealed to be a welcoming one - one void of threat. A mare and a stallion had gathered around a young filly. Golden eyes rested on the carefree lass and she found herself glancing around. Was she all alone? These two did not look like her parents. No, they were acting far too unfamiliar. There was no familial bond between this trio.

"Greetings. I am Nuray, of the World's Edge." she offered to the two older horses before addressing the filly, "What are you doing out here all by your lonesome, darling?" The filly's safety was Nuray's number one priority, although she couldn't help but smile at her behavior. Ah, what she would give to prance about, to be young and naive once again.

"Talk?"

ooc welcome! <3
tags @Alayaya @Aeolus @Rexanna
image credits

Unregistered

She was, without particular grace, rolling a little in the soft grass when Aeolus’s shadow fell across her from a short distance. Whatcha doing?. She froze in position. Then she turned her head without lifting it off the ground and squinted up at him for a full minute with an appraising expression on her delicate little features. She studied his face, took in his colors and his little gold wings folded against him. The silence after his question dragged on a little bit as she did. Finally, just after the moment it got awkward she said “The flowers are pretty.” She said it in a disaffected sort of way, almost as though she was suddenly above caring about the flowers. Then she flashed a grin at him and rolled over in them once more, as though this somehow reinforced her statement. She cocked her head at him and started to say; “Want to…”

The question would have to wait for another opportunity, however, because they were interrupted at that moment by a new voice. Needlessly and with great affectation she shushed Aeolus (who had not spoken again, considering she herself was midsentence) and Alayaya’s ears turned toward the approaching voice, followed by her pretty pale-coloured face, which snapped up from the ground to quick attention. Her blue eyes, as clear and cloudless as the sky above them, locked on the new approaching figure. In a tumble of shimmering limbs she clambered back to her feet, shaking crushed blue flowers and loose stalks of grass from her mane in a halo of spring fever. She stared at Rexanna with wide-eyed, happy surprise. It appeared that she was not listening, exactly, to Rexanna, but she seemed visually fascinated by her. Perhaps it was the mirror-image similarity they shared, or else Alayaya just found her to be pretty to look at.  Almost before Rexanna had finished speaking Alayaya had flung herself toward the mare, murmuring in unaccented german “schwester!” as she pushed herself quickly forward and touched her cheek to the larger mare’s.  Alayaya smelled like grass and forget-me-nots and sunshine. Inhaling the smell of Rexanna she giggled and brushed herself against the golden chest, wrapping herself in the warmth of her too, before she was distracted for a third time by the arrival of Nuray.

Again she poured her almost comically full attention on the new arrival, as though she had already forgotten the others. She jogged toward the pale mare with the strange tail and smiled.  Alayaya’s manner was full of innocent welcome and expectation of the good. She seemed throughout it all, to have no fear or concern of misadventure. She showed no hesitancy, and engaged with them all with nothing short of boundless, innocent trust. The sunlight glittered and refracted as it met her horn, whenever she wheeled her head about, throwing brief spots of rainbow or gold on the ground or on themselves. “I’m not alone.” She said, with the simple, pure honesty that only children can express when they can’t help being literal. “You are all here.” She glanced around then, looking again at Rexanna she said “Rexanna” and then to the gold-winged adolescent “Whatcha Doing guy” and back to Nuray to whom she said “Nuray” with a patient expression.  She grinned, and spun around on the spot as though to draw a circle that included them all, saying as she did “Alayaya”. Shrugging, she looked up into Nuray’s pale face and said “We’re all here!”

Yay! Nice to meet you guys :)
@Aeolus @Rexanna, @Nuray

nickel

It was strange that someone like this filly was all alone out here in the threshold didn't she have a family somewhere? Looking around he found no one else for as far as he could see (which really wasn't all that far) well except for the girl laying in the flowers that is. Everyone had to have a family..didn't they? Did they leave her here? Either way he wasn't about to complain about wandering into the girl for she was pretty like the flowers. Feminine vocals drew his attention eagerly only to practically mimic what he had just been thinking. Wait a minute...did he speak that out loud by accident? Feeling a little heat rise in his cheeks he continued to watch the filly play not completely sure what to say to her statement. Thankfully his brain didn't have to flounder too long before a question began to leave the girls lips only to be cut off as footsteps approached from somewhere behind him. He was about to ask what she had been trying to say but before he could even attempt to get words out he was being shushed. Totally confused the colt wanted so badly to figure out what she had started to say but as another voice sounded he could only watch her feeling completely dumbfounded.

Turning his head to see who had joined them he was a little taken aback to a older mare that looked shockingly similar to his new friend. Casting a backwards glance he wondered idly is this could be her mother come to get her and take her away. No, she couldn't leave yet! What had she been going to say? Nodding to the mare's question out of lack of words coming to mind he watched as the filly suddenly got up and moved towards the mare. As she continued to speak a little relief spread over him as the mare introduced herself as being from the Basin, good that meant it wasn't her mother. Again as he was about to speak up and ask the golden girl a question yet another arrived to greet her. Starting to get a little frustrated from lack of knowing he again watched incredulously as again she waltzed up to the mare who called herself Nuray. How come he didn't get that kind of greeting? 

As the golden filly spoke finally his attention was  immediately drawn to her in anticipation only to hear nothing of what he was wanting to know. Hey! That wasn't his name he commented silently not wanting to be rude and interrupt anyone, mother would get mad at him if he did that. At long last a moment silence broke letting him at least get something in edgewise. "That's not my name, it's Aeolus." he stated keeping his voice even not wanting to sound like he was whining. He wished that the others had not shown up so that they could have played a bit but adults always seemed to be party poopers and ruin their fun. "I come from the Hidden Falls." He added only realizing now that everyone else had not only introduced themselves but also commented on where they lived. He wasn't going to miss that point and miss out on a chance to play with someone closer to his age than mother. Thinking back to what else they had said he wondered why they asked Alayaya why she was alone, he had been out here before they showed up. Did he not count cause he wasn't older? Not sure whether or not to be slightly offended by it or not he turned back to Alayaya hoping that she would tell him what she had been about to say earlier.

Aeolus Speaks
Aeolus Thinks

•• TAGS: @Alayaya , @Rexanna ,  @Nuray •• NOTES: ••

“The more you try to crush your true nature, the more it will control you. Be what you are. No one who really loves you will stop.”

@Alayaya
@Nuray
[Image: aeolus_pixel__commission__by_destrierdes...9g5emp.png][Image: aeolus_by_bronzehalo_d9gff3z_by_moonston...9ggy0l.png]

I stood in wait as another mare joined the ‘party’. Nodding to the new mare, I offered her a smile. She seemed familiar in a way and I began to wonder if perhaps I had seen her before. Her features were very strange where she contained fur in some spots and she was pure skin in other spots. The idea grew curious to me. Was it the Wolf God fight I had seen her in? Or somewhere else?

As she spoke to me, I heard the words World’s Edge and instantly felt a bit of sadness. Ah, if she was here then perhaps Tembovu wouldn’t appear. I heaved a small sigh but watched as the Nuray – as she had said her name to be – commented to the little filly. Before I could hear a response from the filly, she jumped up when she spotted me and screamed something in her small dainty voice before flying straight at me. Ears twitched in confusion before she reached me just to merely touch her cheek to mine. A bit of relief spread through me as I returned the favor and she bounded off to Nuray. Then she spoke of the names of us; I nodded as she said mine. Eyes dancing toward the young stag as she said “Whatcha doin guy” and couldn’t help but to laugh gently.

Then, the stag spoke up. His name was Aeolus and he was from the Hidden Falls. I had heard many wonderful things about the Falls, especially depicting its beauty. Reminiscent of Laedere back when I met her here in the threshold nearly a year ago. I nodded to him with my smile still smug on my face. “It’s a pleasure to meet you all.” I said gently before turning my gaze on the smaller and younger version of myself. “What’s your name, love?” My voice began to carry a more regal tone as I attached a gentle term of endearing toward the little one. “Is it a home to live in and friends to play with that you're looking for?” I questioned once again, ears perked to the white and gold child.

Rexanna
Image Credits!

Nuray, Aeolus, Alayaya ( sorry it’s kinda blah D: )

Unregistered

She had heard them all talk, and introduce their homelands, but Alayaya’s preoccupation with the people in front of her made the names of strange and distant places hard to retain. She had spent no time imagining the countries they named. They might have said they were from Heaven, or from the tiny rabbit hole three miles east, or from Vegas. It would have all meant the same to her as the names of the Hidden Falls, The World’s Edge or Aurora Basin. It was not that she was too young to care, for she was certainly capable of directing herself to somewhere – carefree and fidgety as she appeared to them, it was easy to overlook that she had found her way here, but she had done so on her own. There was little in her manner or her conversation today to suggest that she had any future planned beyond the romp in the flowers she had embarked on today.  

When Aeolus spoke she spun around again to face him in a swirling white-gold motion. She landed squarely in front of him and put his green eyes in her wide, vast, bright blue ones. Her posture and her features were branded with the earnest contrition that only children, innocent vessels of their emotions, can display so convincingly. “Aeolus is a nice name.” She said this gently, with seriousness cradled in the soft lilt of her voice. She meant it to be apology and encouragement together. She was a flippant and flighty creature out of habit but she liked Aeolus. She liked his openness and his calm. She liked his pretty wings. Perhaps she made a sudden judgement that he would play with her even if she were rude sometimes, because the contrition melted away from her almost instantly after that, like it were a thin silk veil that could only stay still for so long in the shifting winds of her vibrant energy. Her next words were delivered with the authority that children who are rarely denied their wants tend to learn; ”We’re going to play tag later.” She certainly looked the part of bossy, lifting her head in a haughty and overly dramatized poise as she spoke and nodding her head brusquely as she finished, as though agreeing with the choice she just made for them both.

With that decided, she let Rexanna’s voice call her back to the adult gathering that was taking place. Instinctively, or perhaps more rightly intuitively, Alayaya was drawn to Rexanna. She held for her an instant, deep, almost spiritual fascination. While she was speaking Alayaya’s eyes pored over her figure, as though she had never seen a shoulder, a foot or a hock before. She studied the golden-bodied mare through the filter of her unencumbered, unreserved innocence. Alayaya seemed to ponder the questions, tilting her head to one side and pursing her lips, the tiny crease of a frown playing between her eyes. She thrust out a hip, and blew a stray strand of golden mane from her eyes. The energy of her, the force that was so uncontained a few seconds ago, had fallen almost seamlessly dormant beneath the shine and sun-kissed surface of her. It was wrapped in this singular attention she paid Rexanna.

“I don’t know what I’m looking for.” she said, looking puzzled. ”I’m just… looking.” She flashed a sweetly unabashed smile at the golden mare. “I like to make new friends” she added, eager to please, “And I’m very good company.” To the first question she finally paid heed as well. “People call me Alayaya”. What a strange way for a child to introduce themselves, isn't it? People call me not My name is. And who, exactly, calls her that when she is plainly alone?

@Aeolus @Rexanna, @Nuray

nickel

As the others talked the colt couldn't help but only be able to focus on Alayaya pondering what it could be that she had not said. His mind was so preoccupied at the moment it was impossible to say what he really thought for all he could picture was the filly. It had been awhile since he had been able to play with someone his own age, come to think about it he hadn't played with anyone else since the boat ride. From what he had gathered it was some sort of world ending kinda thing but water washed it all away or something like that. Spice had been with him when they all had got ushered up a big ramp and packed like sardines into something with three walls. Thankfully he had been a little smaller then so for Spice and him they actually had tons of room to do whatever they wanted. The rain had started falling and there was lots of gurgling sloshing noises as they got tossed around, maybe he was exaggerating just a little but it made the story sound better. So they got tossed around and went upside down (yes total exaggeration) then the rain stopped and there was a bang and then they all got out of the boat. It hadn't looked much different but it sure smelled different, a cleaner fresher kinda scent.

Only half paying attention he jumped when Alayaya bounded over in front of him. Yay he actually got acknowledged! Well by something other than whatcha doing guy at least. Perking up almost instantly he tilted his ears forward to attention as the girl spoke again. First thing that made him beam with pride was that she had called him by his name! and to add bonus points she liked it! Thrilled to just have her full undivided attention he made sure to listen extra carefully to make sure he heard everything, a smile plastered upon his face the entire time. When the game of tag was mentioned he nearly jumped for joy wanting to just go play now instead of waiting for the adults to finish talking. Why did he have to be getting older, he liked it better when he was younger and no one really cared about what he did well except for mother. "I like tag!" He replied enthusiastically flashing his tail with contained excitement eager to just play.

It took a couple minutes for him to remember the reason he had come to the threshold in the first place so he guessed he had to add something about home. "If you like waterfalls my home has lots of em and there are caves and lots of neat things." Really he had no idea what else the Fall's had to offer other than a home for his brain had shifted into play mode rather than thinking mode. If Alayaya wanted to come home with him they could play lots! Maybe she would be his friend and they could go on adventures and do lot of cool things.  Watching the other mare with curiosity he wondered what she might say now that she knew their names. Boring adult things probably he thought with slight disappointment. "I like your name too! Alayaya." He said trying to ensure he pronounced her name properly just as she had said it. 

Aeolus Speaks
Aeolus Thinks

•• TAGS: Alayaya, Rexanna, Nuray •• NOTES: Sorry for wait our internet has been down. ••

@Alayaya , @Rexanna , @Nuray

Watching the filly, I knew I just had to keep a smile on my face. Despite how sadness had a sickening way of making you feel terrible when you least needed to be. She reminded me much of myself when I was younger, however a part of me deep down knew what it was like to grow up without a true mother and father. I began to wonder what happened to her parents. Perhaps they had been sick or ill and sent her off on her way to not see what would happen? Maybe she just ran off on her own? I couldn’t be sure, and so I said nothing. Though on the other side I could just imagine the pain that her parents must have gone through – provided they were truly good parents – in noticing their child was no longer a part of their family. It might have been worse than seeing them gone. The thought caused a slight tremble to roll down my spine as I watched Alayaya speak with the colt in the field.

Then the pale child turned to face me, answering my question with a type of innocence I wished I had. I only nodded. The smile unfaltering on my pale maw as I shifted my weight slightly. She spoke of just ‘looking’ and of making new friends. Oh if only it were that easy. Then the little filly spoke her name, and I placed it in the back of my mind along with the other filly I had met recently. A little section to try and remember the adorable children as young and innocent sparks of life against the harsher realities of life. I kept my aqua gaze on her, whether watching or staring, I seemed to zone out for a few moments until Aeolus captured my attention.

Crowned head shifted to the colt. He spoke of liking tag, how the Falls were, and how he appreciated her name as well. It seemed like a thing almost too good to be true, and had I been that child I probably would have chosen to go and enjoy the life with this colt as opposed to prancing around with a boring old mare. I let my gaze soften as I watched the two of them interact, the playfulness and adoring features only children held were all too captivating in a gentle way.

I swished my dual toned tail across my back legs for a mere moment, golden chain dangling from my horn with the movements of the wind around the clearing. “Alayaya is a beautiful name.” My voice broke across the clearing in a gentle almost chime-like sound. I began to wonder what I could offer that might lead to the filly wanting to come home with me. Ears flickering in wonder as my gaze drifted between the two of them. “Tag is a very fun game. Hide and Seek is another one of my favorites! The Basin has many good hiding places.” I smiled to Alayaya then over to Aeolus. Maybe that would work.

Rexanna
Image Credits!

@Alayaya @Aeolus