the Rift

[OPEN] what pretty bones

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

What if this whole crusade's a charade
And behind it all there's a price to be paid

It had taken a long time and a whole lot more conversation about Helovia than I'd had since running into Erebos and Cathun.

I think as much to myself as, at last, we stand in the shadow of the sentinels, their proud bronze figures shining in the late afternoon sun.  My temples throb with stress, my own body weary as seven hells from the added excursion of carrying the mare for such a distance, vaguely aware of an occasional pull to my awareness whenever her strength seemed to fail her that left me feeling oddly drained.

It was as if, by willing her to continue walking, I could do so, but it was also as if I had to walk for her.

And, now that we’re at last at our destination (which really hadn’t seemed quite so far in my memory), I feel oddly as if I’m going to just drop onto the permafrost path that widens into our Birdsong valley.  The rich emerald blanket looks absolutely dreamy, the dapples of colorful mountain flowers a blur in my weary vision; cool, the breeze tugs through my mane and across my figure, keeping me cognizant and in the present, though my head feels full of soft wool.

I won’t tell the water walker that I am so very tired (I even keep my head high and my step strong to try and hide the fact that my legs feel like stone), disliking the notion of appearing weak, and also not wanting to burden her with the thought that she was, well, a burden – one that was starting to become ever so heavy, but one that I’d also asked for. 

I can’t very well bitch, can I?  How chivalrous a dude will I seem then?

"Well, this is it," I say, veiling my weariness in a chipper tone, not even acknowledging the giant metal behemoths which tower at twenty hands alongside us (too used to their presence to worry about them – one has always been, as far as my own memory is concerned), "the Aurora Basin."

The eloquence of my mother’s descriptions is absent in my terse welcome, my thoughts lingering more on whether I should bother to ask her not to wander off until someone has approved of her presence – while beautiful, the gleam of this land hides the ferocity of its protectors.  But, as I glance over at her, I have a second thought that, if she manages to wander off from me in her current state, I’ll just knock my horn off right then and there.

I spare her the indignity of being bossed around.  Instead, I gesture inward with my gold tipped horn at an angle (so that my eyes still hold fast to her face while my beloved blade invites her to look out upon it), its spiral long and angled out towards the unfreezing, mirror like surface of the lake and the vale which ensconces it.

"You want a tour?" I ask with a smile.

[ OOC:  Timeline wise this is after the battle with the Bear, but before the battle with the Wolf, for anyone coming in.  It is a continuation of this thread.  I'm not sure if Yue is staying so please no one rank update unless Danjah says so. :P Also leads may beat Rikyn if guest inviting is not allowed. xDD  Uhhh oh Danjah assume he told Yue sorta about the Basin (all unicorns, vague description) and also has told her the names of the other three lands (as he knows them to have been a year ago).  He would also have given her the name of the locations they passed through (Threshold, Deep Forest, Thistle Meadow, Frostbreath Steppe).  This route was chosen to avoid mountains as much as possible (pretty rough terrain to be helping someone through xD). Uhhhh I think that's it?  PM me if you have questions. ^^; ]
For the blood on which we dine
Justified in the name of the Holy and the Divine.

@Ming Yue

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Ming Yue Posts: 36
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 6 :: Ages in Frostfall
Danjah
Ming Yue
Showing our pale light in the moonlight.

Her bones had settled into the reluctant walk of a lifetime, her ragged frame being thrown about within the moonlight that had come to shroud the heavens. She basked in its pale light as her azurine and ebony body felt its power piercing through her. She could walk! After her humiliating fall at the Blood Falls she had had no energy to even lift her skull to its full extent, nevermind following Rikyn into his secluded homeland. Yet with some incredible strength within her, which felt like a surge of wamrth flowing within her joints she had managed it. There were many stop offs along the way, with the darkened mudded stag explaining where they were for future reference: the Threshold, apparently where the new creatures (who hadn't been thrown into a new world by the Spark) found their way into Helovia, then the Deep Forest, Thistle Meadow and finally the Frostbreath Steppe. Even in the warmer climate of Birdsong these places still retained their cool temperatures and Ming Yue revelled in it. She was already beginning to fall for her new world, maybe even her saviour. But obviously, not in the sexual sense. She shook her heavy cranium when that thought came into her head, feeling guilty for even touching on such a topic when she was a few years senior to her guide. She simply admired his strength and his kind heart.

Ming Yue never paid attention to the fact that it was through passive magic through which Rikyn was leading her to the Basin. In her thoughts she simply concentrated on being there in both spirit and sense. She took her pools and laid them on the new terraria: emerald grass with flowers blossoming like their mountain heritage and a breeze that signified the freshness of Birdsong. The fae felt comforted by its evident lush food and inviting appearance.

And then she took her glance over to Rikyn who wasn't far from her. She halted and took in his brawny appearance and was amazed that such a character could still remain so energised and bouncy. A flicker of humour lit within her brain as she gathered he might be using this as a ploy in order to make her think he wasn't exhausted. She was.

Well, this is it, the Aurora Basin.

He missed the huge metal statures towering above both creatures' heads and simply forgetting them in his small declaration, and this baffled the queen. How could you not forever feel inclined to oblige such intimidating things? Instead of mentioning these things, she kept a cool head and halted within a hair's length away from Rikyn and sighed, saying,
"It is a beautiful country, you're very lucky to be living here," then she cocked her cranium towards him, "Were you born here?" Ming Yue's orbs were tired and dull but they remained warm towards her new friend. And then he opened up his invitation to show her around, to which she replied, "Are you allowed to give tours to non-members?" Concern hit her with a steady realisation that she was within a territory who did not consider her as friend or foe. She was nobody, and a nobody that was too weak to fend for herself should any creature believe she was unwelcome or a threat to the herd.

[OOC: sorry I didn't mean to take as long as I have!
Basically Ming Yue is liking the territory (possible new member? ;D) but is feeling cautious about whether she is allowed to be without being a herd member so this still keeps it open for a leader to state whether she can stay.]
image credits

@Rikyn

Please tag Ming Yue in all threads! ♥

I watch the same vibrant curiosity which has flooded her green eyes time and time again come to life as she looks out upon my home, her eyes wandering from the bronze behemoths to the dapples of color with enliven the emerald meadow, the ring of old pine forest which meshes it all against the grey stone walls of the mountain. When I’d described it to the Priestesses of the Nightwalk, they had said it was surely, at one point, an active volcano, long since sent to sleep by the touch of a God.

I am more of the thought that the Time Lord built it this way, for us. Never has such a lovely, chilled haven been a place of fire and destruction.

With the sound of her gentle sigh and stilled hoof beats alongside me, I am pulled from my thoughts of the beautiful women, young and old, who watched the Starwaters so far from this place.

Her words draw a smile to my lips, because I agree full heartedly; in my youth, Erebos, Aithniel, and I (sometimes Adelric, when he had ventured into our lives) had often travelled the wilderness of Helovia. I’d been just about everywhere, and no places were as wonderful as those to be found in the north; the water walker hadn’t even got to see the blue arches in the Steppe, yet.

"I was," I say with a smile, a bright one that tries to hide the sadness ignited by the inquiry (poorly, I might add), not wanting to get into who all I am supposed to be related to here (which is no one, unless one counts Erebos through the bonds of long since forged friendship), "though the winters can be rough, Birdsong always makes up for it."

Parroted, from the lips of my elders – I have only seen two winters in Helovia and barely a month of them each, though the one I returned to this year was indeed terrible. I had nearly been unable to wedge myself through the stone slit hidden in the mountain face, so packed with ice and snow had it been, and if I had come a single night later, I’d have found it all locked tight with the fierce blizzard that had come the evening of my return.

But the snow had melted, and the entire Basin was alive with the nourishment the melting snow had given.

Her next inquiry makes me turn to her with a cheeky smile, an impish light sparkling in the depths of my gilded gaze; I am a prince of this land. Let any of the three Lordships tell me I can’t walk a lady where I want.

"Oh, they won’t mind," I say, my right hoof rising playfully and my lion’s tail curling behind me in wicked delight, taking a single prancing step inward, "besides, we’ll probably run into one of them on our way through."

[ OOC: Needs a leader type fellow/lady ~ ]

@Ming Yue @Hotaru @Thranduil @Deimos @anyoneintiertwo

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather

Deimos the Reaper

Run him like a blade; to and through the heart

Thrown into the too much of the unknown, the beast rummaged in rampant curiosity through his lands, conspiring, unraveling, trying to understand, to comprehend, the fathoms of the recent tirades. They’d been sent splinters of nuances and hints: new lands, new monsters, new diseases sent to plague and destroy – but none of the meaning behind it. Instead, they simple seemed to fall into the same patterns as before: discovering, hoping, yearning, and trying to make sense of the horrors, of the tribulations, of the trials set before them. Given the chance, the opportunity, the moment – he’d ravage and devour and consume everything for his blood, for his brethren, for his kingdom.

But the empire remained quiet, so he too manifested the art of silence, choking back endless queries, maligned inquisitions, and devilish interest, because no one had the answers. All of them played the same game, wandering and delving further into the midst, but he didn’t want any of his Basin comrades pressing too deeply into the labyrinth, arriving at dead ends where even his cold, destructive threads couldn’t reach.

He’d conspire, he’d carve wolfish rapture, he’d search and scour the plains, death’s fatal caress, Lucifer’s darkened scion, for the tangible reaches of behemoth shades and calamitous fixtures, nailing, piercing, harpooning, puncturing until everything unraveled, until their chains were lifted, until the mysteries were solved and enigmas tarnished back into their predacious dens. But the prospects were fleeting, the carnivorous zeal remote, the boldness and audacity leaking into lethal prosperities, and all at once he’d found he’d wavered too far, trickling amongst the shadows of the borders as young Rikyn and another shuffled into the aperture. Deimos’ trenchant, bitter, rancorous plunge ended there – eyes narrowed, speculating, studying the newest arrival, slinking beneath the sanction of ice and sun, one more dangerous, looming creature to add into the abyss.

The boy was familiar due to his lines and connections: he could see the fine, daring pulls of Illynx, the audacious wonder, the confident, assured movements, all made and woven by the former Lady. He was nearly amused by his son and hers getting along, because only on rare occasions had he and the GildedBlade seen eye-to-eye (and he couldn’t help but wonder what she would’ve done as murders unraveled, as Ophelia marched into her place, as the Forsaken exited with no ties left). He gave the lad a firm, respectful nod, a chiseled slate of his speech, “You are doing well, Rikyn?”, before funneling his attentions solely on the other occupant.

The unknown came crashing back to his skull, reminiscent of a wicked, pulsing ache, as he surveyed her: splashed with so many intertwining, otherworldly hues, as if she’d come from somewhere well beyond their reach, their horizons, their kingdoms. He didn’t ask, he didn’t pry, but he wanted too – yearned to reach well into the depths of his inquisition and conspire from where she’d hailed, so different, so uncanny. Instead, he rummaged for any declarations, any well-wishes he’d somehow learned to utilize in his indifferent seasons and years. “Welcome to the Aurora Basin. I am Lord Deimos. Who are you?”

image credits

@Ming Yue

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Deimos' immunity remains resilient.

Outcast
Danjah
Ming Yue
The young stag's smile that spread across his soft velveteens wound up giving Ming Yue the feeling that he really did enjoy his homeland and perhaps how precious it was to him. The ebony and azurine fae twitched her lobes towards Rikyn as he spoke with pure eagerness, or at least, as much energy as she could muster to amount to her wanted enthusiasm.

...though the winters can be rough, Birdsong always makes up for it.

And as she turned her cranium incredibly slowly to take in the terraria once more, her pools spoke a million words as she agreed. Ming Yue had never been entirely fond of the warmer weather but her intelligence did appreciate both its life-saving richness in its resources and the resounding beauty that came with Birdsong. With the flowers blooming and the trees alread beginning to blossom into all its glory she could understand why the inhabitants of the Aurora Basin would be so compelled to stay here. And then she turned to her new friend, with a smile written across her soft lips to ask,
"And you'd never leave this place to explore?" It was a valid question, one that she wondered whether given the choice the dark brute would do so. The queen herself had not been given such a choice once the illness of the land had begun to spread itself deep into the roots. Once her own family and herd had dispersed into death or disarray she had but no choice but to up and find herself within the rogue band that she called her secondary family. A wash of sadness fell upon her and she felt her cranium tilt downwards as she recalled her real family and her adopted one, "I wish I could have been given such a choice..." But she soon decided to throw her troubles away and continue to stare into his pale golden orbs as he spoke reassurance to her:

They won't mind, besides, we'll probably run into one of them on our way through.

His dagger rose and she instantly was reminded of the youth that shrouded this handsome creature, and in that second her own troubles felt like they were waiting in the wing, not troubling her.

And as if on cue of his words about bumping into herd members, a stranger appeared within her line of sight. The stag was an impressive creature, another horned and standing at the same height as herself. He was dark like Rikyn but was laced with four dips at the bottom of his pillars. His pools were a deep and dark azure and a horn of spiralling ebony and azure. He seemed regal in a curious way to Ming Yue, as she felt instantly tiny and fragile to another strange brute. But with his gestures towards Rikyn as what seemed friendly, she guessed that they were acquainted and the fae had nothing to worry of, particularly as he started small talk with Rikyn.

And then the blue-eyed beast lay his attention upon her, the strange, unknown and very unhealthy looking female that had strayed into his territory. His pools seemed to speak so many unspoken words and she felt obliged to answer as many of his questions as he asked. But Ming Yue could hear none except for his own introduction. How polite of him, she thought with a level head and a cool brain.

Welcome to the Aurora Basin. I am Lord Deimos. Who are you?

A lord? It did seem even more understanding that such a regal appearance would be fitted to such a glorious title - the Lord of the Aurora Basin. And to Ming Yue she no longer felt that she was equal to such a brute; she was now an inferior, and to this she knew to answer any and all questions thrown her way. Especially if she was to show Rikyn any appreciation by him allowing her into his territory, "Lord Deimos, I am Ming Yue. I come from the Rift, and Rikyn-" she glanced at her new friend with soft pools and then turned her gaze back to the superior newcomer, "-invited me here to find sanctuary in your lands. I thank you for welcoming me into your lands, sir." Her voice was soft and friendly, but even now she could feel the magical elemental strength that she felt whilst making the journey here quickly wearing off and her energy waning. It was only a matter of time before she humiliated herself yet again in front of a new, important figure...

[OOC: I've been away for the weekend so sorry for not being quicker with a reply to Rikyn! Hope this is okayy for both Rikyn and Deimos <3]
image credits

@Rikyn @Deimos

The question she asks makes me laugh, because it’s pretty much the opposite of what I’ve done most of my life. While I love the Basin, I love more the feeling of the road stretching by me, mile by mile, a characteristic that first budded here, in Helovia, and was nurtured by the successful venture to the Nightwalk; a full fledged wanderlust had bloomed at some point in the last few months, one that was healthy, and vibrant, an ingrained need to venture and discover that, if I was asked, would not wither for many, many years.

I am also young, and naïve; the world can teach many lessons, swiftly, and I have learned very few of its colder, ruthless truths. What I have learned is that a boy can walk bold into the wilds of Loorien at barely a year old and return a year later stronger, smarter, and more fearless than he had been before. I did not learn the opposing lesson, had never even really thought of it – that the same boy might have been lured, been maimed. That he might have been lost forever to shadow, his name a memory chiming in the hearts of those who had known him.

But the laughter dies as swiftly as it bloomed, her next words instilled with such a timorous sorrow that even I cannot miss it in my self absorbed thoughts of adventure and glory.

"I leave often," I answer with more humility than I might have before, "it is, after all, a part of my duties as a soldier, and how I came to be involved in the death of the Bear.

"I enjoy adventure, anyway."

And then all my thoughts of travelling further into the realm with her are stolen by the arrival of Erebos’ tall, dark father. Our meetings together had been few, the man often too busy with the tasks of leading (greeting, gathering, plotting, it was all very droll and tedious work that I had begrudgingly accompanied my mother to many times) to have time for a boy’s friend – but my lifelong companion had always spoken well of his sire, in all the ways my mother had not, and despite her warnings that he was incompetent, ruthless, without a thought to anything but his own gain (two of these sounded more like her, honestly), I saw only his strength, the regal dominance which ruled each step of his ebonite frame.

I admire him, in all honesty, for his long lived pledge to defend our home and his time and again proven ability to do so, that admiration displayed in a rarely given bow of my crown as he approaches, the excitement which lines my smile as he calls me by name.

Besides, my father spoke of him as a friend, and my father had never left me, just as the Reaper had never left his son.

"Yes, sir," I answer, though it is only partly true – I am, after all, heavily bruised along my left shoulder by the Bear God, and tired as hell from helping Ming Yue all the way here – but these are not his problems.

As is to be expected, he spends little time on me (I’ve mentioned being involved in this terribly droll business before, haven’t I?), and looks to Yue. I, too, turn my golden eyes to her as she answers, taking note of her weariness – and only managing this because I’d been walking with her for so long.

Quietly, dutifully, as any good boy (and well liked gentleman, of course) does, I make my way to her side so that she can again rest against my right shoulder – cautious not to step in her magical water as I turn about, wary of what sort of side effects it would have on me.

@Deimos

Wishlist - Plots

Heather

Deimos the Reaper

Entangled and fixated on bits of enigmas and traces of inquiry (without death, without bloodshed, without persecution), he was allotted the carved ramparts of silence and intrigue, gazing back and forth from familiar to strange and unknown. He thought to give the boy a series of questions, dive past the layers of menace and wreckage and peer into the foundation of so many things: how is your father? Have you seen him? Do you know, some days, I actually miss your mother? But the words never came across, and he lowered his eyes, almost ashamed he couldn’t bring them to voice or speech – held back, tethered, tied by something unseen and intangible, as if the lost connections made him weaker, noted his faults and flaws, wove each and every defect so they became all the more prominent. He held onto many fixed lines and puncturing arches and demonstrative, devilish components, and to whittle away the fabrications, to peek behind the veil, to allow them to witness how far he’d truly fallen, was too much for his antagonistic prowess. So, instead of leaning into the fold, of becoming part of the chain between herd members and their ensnaring, guileless qualities, he stayed away, he backed off, he lingered in shadows and caves and catacombs; but afforded the boy the smallest of compassionate gestures, a fatherly nod, a hint of a smile, a ghost of the days spent with his sire’s engineering, tinkering sounds, a wraith of moments spent with his dam’s tireless lectures and banshee wails. “Thank you for your efforts,” was all that pulsed from his mouth, bestowing so many things in between: congratulations on finding his way back home, on becoming part of the ice and rime again, at still being a close companion to his son (a boy fashioned with so much rain that he had no issues grinning or reminding others of his existence), at doing his part in making the Basin strong, and potent. The Reaper knew he’d never given enough credit to the lad’s family, he couldn’t fill the hole, the void, left and resonating – but he tried, determined and resolute.

To the other, a femme coated in so many foreign interludes, he expressed his undying curiosity – a scalding fixture of his youth he’d never managed to erase. Ming Yue, from the Rift already presented a series of queries boiling and brewing amidst his skull, and maybe he’d been tucked into his caverns and glaciers for too long, because he didn’t recognize the strange, serene way she told of her land. Tilting his head, examining, studying, scrutinizing amidst veils and shrouds, the beast highlighted his ignorance, but proffered his potency and prowess. “Please enlighten me – what is the Rift?” Was it like his old home, Isilme, scattered and polished with the beauty of the ocean? Was it like his terrain thereafter, the World’s Edge, pervaded by mist and poignancy, haunting diatribes, menacing, lasting contempt? Before he could delve even further into the annals of probability and calculations, the searing taste of more queries funneled past his lips and out into the plucked, scattered, Birdsong edges. “What do you seek in the Basin?” Was there purpose to her wandering? Did she hold talent, or regards, towards anything in particular? Or had she come to be another of the Romani, listless, pondering, and only suited to wondering?

image credits

@Ming Yue

Outcast
Danjah
Ming Yue
The young brute's laugh leaves Ming slightly puzzled, but not worried. She took little interest in this, hoping to stray away the attention of her curiosity, which evidently wanted to know why he would leave his homeland if he had such healthy land.

His laughter soons ebbs away into words spoken towards her, and at this point Ming Yue's only concentration could be given to Rikyn, not the handsome leader that had strayed into his tour. She pricked her lobes with all the energy she could muster at this point, intent on hearing what the dark stag had to say for himself. And in turn she head her beautiful cranium high and reciprocated,
"Part of your duties, of course. That must still be difficult for you," her pools grew sad as she thought of the reason she had to leave her homeland, "I guess you have to do what you must..." Speak of the Bear felt a hot knife stick through the skin and bones all the way into her guts with the dread and fear she had felt when she came across it in the Blood Falls. It did not help that at the point of attack she had no idea how and why the menacing God had become a physical form to attack the poor creatures of its land.

His hobby was met with a warm smile from the azure dame, "I do like to explore, too."

Then he turned his attention back to Deimos, who had spoken with authority and already had the respect from the lesser fae. She could not tell whether he was interested in her or not. He seemed accommodating to a trespasser in his territory, and for this Ming Yue felt obliged to ask any and all questions thrown her way by the handsome leader. And they came swiftly,
"The Rift is my old home. I come from the Blood Falls, which... I can't explain how, but somehow has become connected to your world. It was a sickly, deadly place, until the moment it rested in Helovia, sir," her pools were now fixated on him, her muscles not being able to take the weight of moving and so she could simply twist her neck to give him the attention he deserved, "The way the Rift used to be was a magnificent place, full of everything you could wish for, but the way I remember it now is less than inhabitable for even the most dreaded creature." Ming Yue's pools grew sad once more, thinking of everything that had occurred in her old homeland. Now she thought of the place as wretched, particularly now having tasted what it could be like in a world with lush food that wouldn't poison you from one taste...

And then a question the azurine fae felt difficult to answer: what did she want from the Basin? This was something even Ming Yue had no answer to; it was easy enough to say she sought food and water but what did she really want? She wanted company, the chance to find her purpose in this world, to be beautiful and strong and worship her beloved moon and to be the queen to someone's king. She was a typical, selfish creature. But this dark, captivating leader wanted an answer that would benefit him and the herd he represented, and this was a fulfillment her criteria could fill: "I seek a new life, my Lord. I do not know where I am to go, for the simple reason that I have no knowledge of this new world except for where my old one meets my new world, but I do know that after Rikyn's help and patience to bring me here," she beckoned to her new friend with a cool voice and a warm smile, "I would like to see what service I may bring to this herd. I am in your service for as long as you authorise me to be in your territory, and whether after this point you and I both feel I can become a part of your herd." Her words trembled with the sincerity of a yearling telling the truth, her orange orbs ringing out a cry of help from a kindly lord with the promise that she would not fail him, if he were not to fail her.
image credits

@Deimos @Rikyn

That something I’d said wounded her mostly slips right by me, though I do notice that her words trail off in a mostly female fashion (men don’t seem to be as emotional as these ladies). Any of that notice, any concern that flashes like fool’s gold along the bottom of a moonless river, is quickly stolen away by her cheerful remark that she enjoys adventure and the arrival of the Lord Deimos, and the subsequent conversation – allowing me not time to respond to her, much to my male interest’s chagrine.

It seems almost like the Lord wants to say something, but doesn’t – it’s a gesture I’ve seen men use among themselves and the womenfolk time and time again, a mark of the cost for chivalry, the semblance of strength which we wear to appear more bold and steadfast than we truly are. I can’t help but wonder what it was he wanted to say but didn’t as he looks down and away, or if he just has gas and I’m over thinking everything in my eagerness to appease the long term Lord of these lands.

Still, he smiles at me, and it’s warm in the way one doesn’t expect from a guy called the Reaper. It makes me wonder how much I’ve changed that I notice these nuances that make the immortal giants of my youth so much less… impressively wicked in my adulthood.

I return the gesture of the nod, finding that, while his kindness has diminished the aura of doom and devastation I held about him, I do like that he bothers to thank me with words and gesture. I miss what all he means with the emotional inflection, in fact I barely notice that he’s having a poignantly thoughtful moment at all. All I notice is that I’m being congratulated by a Lord I have admired most of my life, and I find that my ego swells five times its normally gargantuan size as I stand alongside Ming Yue.

"It’s no big deal," I reply, suave, as if there isn’t a little me inside my head, doing a hoorah head bump with whatever jilted and ignorant figure stands for my conscience.

I listen to Ming Yue describe the Rift with some measure of interest, having many questions myself about the unknown land that our Gods were, apparently, snatching bits of land from. Her portrait of the realm which she had come from was dismal, making me frown with dislike of the Bear, even as it lay dead in the shallows of a ruby lined pool.

As conversation turns to what skills she possesses and dreams she aspires to reach, I find that I am again smiling and smug at the mention of my name, neck arching gracefully and lips curving into a handsome smirk of self absorbed delight.

"There are lots of things to do," I say, barging ahead without a thought as to whether or not I’m stepping on the Reaper’s hooves in my eagerness to be further complemented by my company, tail curling about behind my ankles in delight (hovering high above where Ming Yue’s magical water might tread), "I didn’t get to ask you along the way here if you had any particular talents."

Wishlist - Plots

Heather

Deimos the Reaper

He held a distinct talent for listening, for calculating, for maintaining his vigilance and examining the world around him – ears pricked, attending to the formidable whims of the earth or the capricious blood spilled and splashed across the murky grounds. He gave into the nuances and notions of a land from far beyond – the Rift - and it sounded so eerily similar to Isilme and all its foundations, all its heartfelt crescendos, that a spark of wistfulness nestled itself between the cracks of his nefarious, ugly, blackened heart. But the Reaper didn’t grant it a voice either, despite its desperate, poignant etches and sketches, of a life, of a time, far beyond the channels of mountain valleys and caverns and glaciers, where his father reigned and war was great and grand and hate was not so uncommon. It clung inside him, withering and decaying, defiantly scratching down the length of his chest and the coil of his muscles, reminding in all its bitter, rancorous barbs, of what could have been, what should have been, and the ways in which the earth always intended to leave him behind. The only thing he proffered through the haze, as Ming Yue wove her story of magnificence, opulence, and then decadence, was a note of more inquiries, more notions, more curiosities entrenched from the gallows of faults, flaws, and fissures. “What changed?” Had it too become encased in shadows, like Isilme, too tainted, too poisoned, too lethal, taking and destroying, ripping and maiming, until they were forced to leave? Until they had to abandon everything they’d tried so desperately to achieve? How much had she lost in the aftermath? What did she think to gain?

Therein, the King’s question became answered simultaneously: of newness, of foreign steps treading upon unknown soil, of a life changed and altered by the strange, fascinating swing of events. His voice, keen and blunt and invoked by candor, crossed amongst the throng, diligent, resolute, determined – she could easily play a part in their world. “You are welcome to stay.” And the boy too chimed in, echoing over the layers and days spent inviting and beguiling others to live and work amongst the frozen walls; his eyes glanced towards the youth again, smirking and proud, a true combination of his parents. The Lord was glad to have him there, a part, a hint of yesteryears and a reminder of mistakes to be mended, powerful, strong, and stalwart, ready to command and leap where his mother once reigned and where his father once tinkered. By habit, he glanced towards the sentinels, cold, metallic, and decrepit, shifting from the lack of maintenance, settling into the soil, like remnants of the giants that used to walk amongst their chilling earth; inspiring horror, terror, and tyranny.

What did they inspire now? What did he invoke and encourage?

He tried to ignore the bitter tempest waning against his skull, focusing his attention back towards the discussion of where the femme could go, what she could do, how she could slay ignorance and wander amongst the layers of brutality and villainy. “You have many options. We have thieves, menders, soldiers, philosophers, and engineers.” He paused, a phantom of the warrior flank, a beast made and christened by weaponry and treachery, treading where he felt the most uncomfortable and the most ashamed; bearing a heavy crown. “You do not have to decide now. You may discuss with those holding such ranks.”

image credits

@Ming Yue @Rikyn

Outcast
Danjah
Ming Yue
The blatant concern on the young brute's bodice gave Ming Yue concern herself. She felt guily for making him feel that way when it was her own fault in a way. But she stayed silent, an intention aimed at not embarrassing any stag in this conversation. Males were so easily burned by such things, she decided. And with a slight snort she remained focussed on the lord of the realm who had appeared not long after their own arrival in the Aurora Basin.

The azurine fae paid little attention to what was happening between the two brutes, both feeling rude to pry into whatever backstory they had going on between them and too exhausted to even care. All that mattered was gaining the approval of Deimos, who stood there in all his regal glory to hopefully accept her request of sanctuary in his lands. She lifts her pillars as Deimos thanks Rikyn, whilst he reciprocates with little wording. It was a typical male meeting.

But the conversation soon turned back to her, and after her description of her old homelands that were now linked to this world she knew not where to place herself. Everything was happening too quick, even for a quick-witted, cool character like herself. With a flushed expression Ming Yue watched Rikyn as he flung himself into the duty of finding out what sort of talents the dark fae bore. Right now even Ming Yue knew not, so she simply reeled off what she could do with an exasperated tone,
"Well, I'm not so sure it is a talent, but I was cursed with the ability to be my own gravitational pull. I pull in water when I am close," and she felt as even the pools were bearing down on her in disapproval, knowing that that would not suffice, "But... Back in my old home before everything happened, I was in training to become part of the religious core, to the moon goddess, but I don't think this is a relevant belief in your region?" Her pools scoured Deimos and Rikyn for the confirmation that she was correct. This place did not quite seem fitted to the worship of the moon, and so Ming Yue gave in, unable to answer the question. She was yet to find out what she was talented in, being as she had never been given the chance once chaos had ripped her lands apart.

She awaited the words from the lord of the Basin, who answered her call for sanctuary.

You are welcome to stay.

With a wide smile across her pretty velveteens, she stepped closer to the Lord, nodding with appreciation and spoke in a higher tone of excitement and thanks, "I am honoured, Lord Deimos. I do not know how I could ever repay your kindess." And that was true, as she wracked her brains for what she could do it was all very bland, nothing she could do would ever amount to being granted life, even in the most obscure sense of the word.

She watched him intently as he seemed to gaze at something that she herself was unfamiliar with. Ming Yue continued to look, paying ever more attention when he spoke to her once more. This time it was of the options that she could take should she choose to join the Basin core. She could be a thief, a mender, a soldier, a philosopher or an engineer. They were ranks that the little yearling inside of her would never had dreamt of holding, but the idea of a position in an esteemed herd after everything that happened seem more than a dream come true. With a big sigh, Ming Yue retorted, her orange orbs gazing at his with a desire, "My lord, you are giving me these options and I can only ever thank you for even considering me to be part of your herds. I will bear these in mind, and take your advice and speak to the creatures who hold these ranks. Thank you." In respect, Ming Yue attempted to bow directly to him, her strength waning as she began to shake with the effort. But she managed it, and then brought about bring her front pillars back up from the ground and into a standing position. Her new life was all but beginning and now was the chance to decide to make something spectacular of it. But just what would she do?

" . "
image credits

@Rikyn @Deimos

Heather

Deimos the Reaper

She spelled and spilled out the whims and capriciousness of the past, and he bent towards them, echoing over the same armaments, the same flaws, the same defects – always forced to yield to something he had no heart for. When he craved bloodshed, the world heralded peace. When he sought sanctuary and sanctum for his sovereignty, only chaos and bedlam could be found (and he always followed after it; too enticed, too tempted, to unravel the art of virtues and paragons). What she wanted, what she aspired for, couldn’t be achieved in their decadent world; her reserve and rapture for the Moon Goddess could only be truly beckoned within the folds of the Edge (and why anyone would want to pay tribute, beg at her shrine, claw at her barbarity was unknown to him, but he knew of her deeds, her deliberations, her manipulations and murders scored across the land – she was not worth any worship). He answered as the boy drew into silence, simple and matter-of-fact, “Our herd pays reverence to the God of Time and Spark,” despite the fact that neither the Reaper nor the celestial being boasted any great sentiment for one another. Deimos challenged, Deimos mocked, Deimos gave no credence, and Deimos offered no bows; paying heed to the being’s talents, to his care of the land, but the Lord proffered his preference for his kingdom by guarding it with unholy vigilance, with dark, intrepid insistence, with hollowed, haunted pursuits and persecution. How Ming Yue courted the God would be of her own volition; the winter titan wouldn’t fill her head with contortions and distortions of his cold-blooded assignations. Instead, his gaze sought out her exhausted countenance, her tired, haggard state, and opted not to remain in her stead, continuing to clamber for bits of wisdom and reams of indulgence; not when she required strength and salvation in a world that offered little of the latter and much of the former. Blunt, keen, and entirely consumed in the oaths and aspirations of calamity, of acrimony, he bowed deeply once more to the boy and enigmatic femme, leaving them to whatever tidings may spring from ashes, from soot, from dust and decay. “I will not keep you. Explore at your convenience.” Thereafter, he gestured to the wide-open plain, to the searing, scorching wiles of wind and earth, to a land covered in ice and passion, to searing armaments and festering ruin. “Enjoy the Basin.” Then, he too disappeared into the midst of shadow and disaster, another token of the sinister world, one more being pried from the cloak and daggers of devils and fiends.

image credits

@Ming Yue [Just trying to wrap this up for you! ^_^]