the Rift

[OPEN] Seal of Our Fates

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

A cool breeze rolls across his back and dances across his mane. The golden hide in response shivers against the lingering wisps of winter. Though Birdsong was progressing, it was slower this year.  And many of the early mornings were still left covered in frost. Much to the golden’s annoyance. He reaches back, pulling gingerly at the golden cloak which shimmered like the rising sun. He should have worn the wolven one, but today was a rather important day. And he always did want to look his best.

Not that he was really looking forward to it though. In fact he had kept from it for quite some time, hoping to put it off, but the warm afternoons were telling him just how much he had put it off. And it didn’t sit well with him. Shaking his crowned head the golden’s face twinges to feel the skin pulled across the burned place. It was pink and faded, but still there, ready to remind him. It hadn’t been long since the fight for the Blood Falls, but enough to allow for the resumption of ever day life. Which left him here again, outside of the Hidden Falls.

Normally he came to this land in the mask of another, Rohan, but this time, with Haldir by his side he comes as himself. A crowned Lord of the North. His step in an easy swing, and his head high with the weight of his crown. It was rather nice, he had to admit, as it amplified the feeling of mischief. Stopping by the vegetation walls, where months ago he had charged into the midst of battle, the golden waits. He didn’t want this to be some long drawn out thing, so he cuts quickly to the chase. “I wish to speak to the leaders of the Falls.” He calls out boldly into the mid morning calm. A small grin lifts on his face though he tries to stifle it. “I am Thranduil the Laurelin, Lord of the Basin, bringing news.” He quiets then, waiting, with tasseled tail twitching at his heels.

OOC :: Leaders only please (maybe top officials, I just don't want this to get too big). In particular though @Kaj @Archibald. IMPORTANT:: Set before the battle for GL, (since thran's get the crap beat out of him there).
"speech"

Image by the AMAZING Vossity

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu</style>
when the sky turns gray and everything is screaming
i will reach inside just to find my heart is beating
</style>

She was no leader of the Falls, but she was their Champion and when they did not heed the call that rang out from their border right away she did. Ktulu moved with a very clear air of authority. Her head was held high, her expression stern and unwavering as she looked at the golden hide in the distance. He was like a beacon beckoning her forward and she a moth to the flame that was Thranduil Lord of the Basin. Had the Falls not been allies with the Basin Ktulu would have immediately run the golden stallion off, Lord or not, but they were allies and while she'd never been good at diplomacy she had to stretch her legs now and give it a try.

"I am Ktulu the Constrictor, Champion of the Hidden Falls." She said as she came to stand before Thranduil. "Welcome to the Falls." It was strange for her to say it, every instinct rebelled against it and she had to remind herself that they were allies. "What news do you have?" The dark mare stood like a statue as she waited for the Basin Lord to answer the question she posed, but as she waited she wondered if he would speak up and tell her. After all, she wasn't one of the leaders that he was calling for.

'Stop being so bitter.' Eytan rumbled from his position by her side. 'And don't look so grumpy.' The bear snorted as he looked up at his bonded. 'Not good for diplomacy. Relax.' Ktulu snorted at the bear and resisted the urge to roll her eyes. Relaxing was a lot easier said than done and relaxing in front of someone she didn't know was damn near impossible. Still, she tried to relax muscles that were taut and strained beneath her dark coat. "Whatever information you have I can pass on to them."

"."

Image Credits

@Thranduil

Icon by Tay

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

The forest filled with waterfalls had been quiet for some time now. It was not unusual in the wake of a small war, but Archibald had been on edge for days. His patrols were constant--his companion and him splitting paths to cover more ground. It was Loretta who found their first interloper.

The shapeshifter, She spoke across their bond, a vivid image of the golden stallion showing in Archibald's mind's eye. The Czar nodded, trotting off in the direction of the entrance to his homeland. The Dauntless had not encountered the stag since the invasion he and his comrades aided in. Ktulu, too! Loretta spoke again, breaking Archibald's thought pattern. A small flicker of the flame of pride he felt for this herd swelled. Ktulu was the best warrior for the post of Champion, and the Dauntless would never regret appointing her as such. Loretta stepped onto the scene first, but her bonded was not far behind.

"Thranduil," Archibald's voice was deep, but calm and almost cold. "What brings you to our borders today?" The question was simple, and the Dauntless suspected that he already knew an allusion to the answer. Their herds were allied together, but through the bonds he held with Ophelia. Now the crimson woman no longer sat on her frozen throne, and neither herd had made movements to solidify or destroy their political ties--until now.

The mammoth stallion stood as an impassive, immovable statue. He was a mountain before the golden stag, impenetrable and unbreakable. His face was pulled into a tight, serious mask as he watched the Basin Lord. Archibald did not know this stallion--at all, on a deeper level--but he knew the history of the Basin to be suspicious, founded on schemes and lies. What separated this boy from Illynx? She had asked for his herd's fortification years ago and threw them into a fruitless war, in which one of his warriors found their end fighting the Basin's enemy Queen. Would Thranduil be a messenger to repeat the past, or was he a beacon of a new dawn? Only time would tell.

Loretta settled between the Dauntless and the Constrictor. Golden eyes still held the stag, but a flick of his tail greeted his Champion. She knew him well enough to understand that was all that was needed. They shared a bond, bound by blood and fire and massacre, and no words could give justice to the hearts that beat in tandem inside black chests.

Archibald the Dauntless

You can only get so far
With no one by your side
A dark storm lies ahead
image credits

@Ktulu
@Thranduil

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

It didn’t take long to attract some attention, though not of the kind he had hoped. A slender mare steps from the forest. Her blood dyed horn held high and her front more aggressive than he had anticipated. Peace may reign through Helovia but the days of ease between herds apparently never over. He wondered as she came what cruel and pained past the Basin had given her, or which one of their wolves of terror she might have run into. Pity he couldn’t just ask, it was a shame to leave all her very apparent tension bent up.

Haldir does not enjoy what comes out with the woods with her though. A massive fully grown bear. The dark creature shrunk visibly. While he had yet to meet such a creature, its claws and rows full of teeth he well remembered. He does his best to retain a somewhat dignified stance. His struggles were ignored by the golden, who was distracted by the agressor’s speech. For his side of the strain, the golden does not show a single glimmer of returning tension. The crowned head holds high, and frame carried in the graceful assurance of invincibility. Arrogance perhaps, but considering the foul mood of the other, you couldn’t fault him for it.

The Laurelin waits for her to speak, nodding his head once as she does so. Welcome. It hardly seemed like a welcome. He tried to resist the smile, and subtle curl of lips. The request she bears helps in that. Give her information to her? Where the leads so busy as to not be inconvenienced by an alliance with the Basin. Tasseled tail lashes once, but stills. It didn’t appear he had much choice, and if remembered correctly his directions were to specifically not make trouble.

He opens his mouth to speak when another shadow moves in from the forest. This one is familiar. A shadow of an old season, of a dark day of red. What perhaps the greatest blunder, was the creature lacked a name. As it spoke his own the gold could only nod, and bristle on the inside at this blunder. And the blunder not knowing a title. Was he just to tell just anyone his news? Well considering he wanted to get this over with and didn’t really care to start with, yes.
So he finally speaks. “Very well.” He looks now between them, but still no intimidation finds its mark on him. “The battles to the east are frightening for all, but to you our allies closest to it and mostly likely the next frays, our thoughts go most. ” Look how civil he was speaking. “We send word that we affirm our alliance, and know if you call we will answer with aid. Our healers and in case of attack, our soldiers are still open to you.” His tassled tail switches. “This the message for your leads, that Deimos, Hotaru, and I affirm to you.” He nods once more, signaling the end of some formal message. He waits though, hesitating. “Is there any aid we can now send, or any news I should return with?”

OOC :: Leaders only please (maybe top officials, I just don't want this to get too big). In particular though Kaj Archibald.
@Ktulu
IMPORTANT:: Set before the battle for GL, (since thran's get the crap beat out of him there).
"speech"

Image by the AMAZING Vossity

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu</style>
when the sky turns gray and everything is screaming
i will reach inside just to find my heart is beating
</style>

Her stance did not change even as Archibald came to stand beside her. She spared him only a glance in greeting, but it would be enough. He knew her well enough to know that the glance was not meant to be dismissive or disrespectful. Eytan, on the other hand, looks to Loretta and growls his greeting at the red woman. The Constrictor found it odd that she perceived only a faint look of recognition on the golden lord's face when he stood face to face with Archibald. She'd been under the impression that everyone knew who the Falls' massive Czar was. Obviously she was wrong unless the Basin Lord was just that good at concealing his emotions and schooling his expressions.

Finally, he spoke of the battles to the east and got down to the point of his visit to the Falls. Diplomacy. Alliances. All things that Ophelia had taken care of when the twins had ruled the Foothills together. Ktulu's weight shifted as she listened to the golden stallion, one ear rotated toward Archibald because she was interested in hearing what the Dauntless had to say. She was even more interested in watching Thranduil's face just to see if his expression changed when Archibald made his leadership known. Still, she felt that the golden one had to have some idea of who it was that was standing in front of him. It had to be a front and if it was she was grudgingly impressed by his ability. Even when she did her best to school her features she was imperfect.

"I will make sure our warriors are ready for the next battle." She finally spoke, her crimson gaze sliding from Thranduil to Archibald. "Should I alert Kaj or will you speak to him later?"

"."

Image Credits

@Thranduil @Archibald

Icon by Tay