the Rift

KISS my eyes and LAY me to sleep

Odette Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

» I can't go on any farther. Fatigue had rendered her so lightheaded that each step felt like she were walking on clouds, a disembodied consciousness moving someone else's exhausted and limp body like a puppeteer. Yet she knew it was her own body because every movement set her gaunt frame to trembling, her very flesh and blood breaking down under the stress of the emotional burdens she bore. Even hunger and thirst seemed like foreign, faraway concepts, though somewhere inside she was vaguely aware that she had not eaten or drunk in far too long. What did it matter anymore, anyways? I can't go on. With a barely audible sigh like the whispers of death, her legs finally folded and dropped her weary bones at the base of a large tree, its rough bark leaving dark streaks where it scraped against her side. The blemishes upon her once-pristine figure went entirely unnoticed among the rest of the dirt and grime that had accumulated during her travels, staining her brown until hardly any white remained to be seen. Long blonde locks now lay in tangled and lackluster mats, and without closer inspection they too could easily have been mistaken to be colored brown. Once upon a time, all this would have been a horrifying and unacceptable state of condition, but now she simply couldn't bring herself to care.

» I cannot go on, yet I must not turn back. Being caught in this paradox made her head swim and her breath come up in short gasps. It would have been a lie to say that it was not tempting to let go of everything else just as easily as she had let go of caring about her appearance. She'd had plenty of opportunity to do so already; all she'd had to do was stop struggling, stop resisting, and either nature's elements or predators would come and take her into oblivion. But against all the odds she had survived, through mutilation, heartbreak, even infection in her poor stump of a wing, and somewhere inside there was a fierce instinct of self-preservation that kept her struggling, kept her suffering, but kept her alive. She would never have guessed that it could be so painful just to go on being.

» Warily, she forced herself to look more closely at her surroundings, taking in the unfamiliar trees, exotic (to her eyes) vegetation, and lingering scents of strangers. It was clear she was entering a borderland of some sort, and the prospect of what lay beyond thrilled and terrified her to her core. Instinctively she drew her only remaining wing up around her like a feathered security blanket, tucking her nose into her soft down feathers and falling entirely still much like a bird. Perhaps, if she just rested for a bit, blocked out the outside world and dreamed of halcyon days gone by until she was ready to face reality, she could summon up the courage and strength to keep moving forward.

TAG »
MUSE »
STATUS »
WORDS »
open
decent
complete

Table Coding © Ayumi
Photomanipulation & Character: Ayumi
Stock: deadmarshes, prints-of-stock, Dragoroth-stock, momotte2stocks, lubellemanipulation on dA
Lyrics: 'Love Story' by Taylor Swift

Orlando Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Orlando
Stallion. 4 Years. Pegasus.

Thought

Talk

For some reason the world decided it wasn't happy with Orlando today. He had decided to go against his family, his herd, and take off to find a suitable, stable home. Living as a Nomad was just not in his bones. The moment the colt found a place he felt he could connect to and truly love, his herd decided it was time to leave. Being left behind was not an option when he was younger, a colt without the protection of others was sure to die. As the years went on though, his fire for the nomadic life grew and he eventually worked up the courage to leave. That journey began today, and to be honest, it wasn't going well. After taking flight Orlando had gotten turned around more than once, and a storm was in the air. Taking to the wind during a storm was a sure sign of getting yourself into trouble. On top of that, the idiot did not take any medicine, food, or water for the trip. He had been so excited to leave that he took off without thinking. His stomach was starting to make noises, singling that he had to find somewhere to land soon. Exhaustion was not something he fancied to play with. 

Flying for quite some time, emerald orbs took in the sight of a land not to far up ahead, and the looks of a forest which would provide shelter from the elements. That'd be a good place to take a rest, surely. Tired wings beat the air a few more strides, giving him an extra boost to reach down at the ground. When his legs finally felt the earth they gave out and the colt took a slight tumble. If someone had been watching, they'd probably get a kick out of his sudden clumsiness. After the crash landing, Orlando rolled once, then huffed out a big sigh when he shook his Arabian style head. I seriously need to work on those landings.. ha! The colt's red hued coat was moderately well kept, a sign that his journey had not been too awfully long. His eyes still gleamed besides the recent wreck, and his attitude was alert and mostly excited. Perhaps the world wasn't going to be to rude to him today after all. 

Orlando's orbs scanned around his landing zone, trying to take in his new  surroundings. Tall trees and the smell of fresh vegetation entered his nares and filled his orbs. There was some other scent there too, no many. This was a common place for others to stay it seemed, maybe there would be one other around at least. Getting some information of this new land would not hurt in the least bit. His pillars pushed out beneath the colt, raising himself to his feet. He swung his dainty head from the left to the right, trying to work out a few kinks that had found their way into his neck. His large wings stretched themselves out before tucking in quietly into his sides. He took one step forward, then another. His pace was slow as he was still watching the new to him area. Off in the distance his orbs caught sight of something that seemed a little out of place in the lush green atmosphere. Creme, no almost white and gold hues shown out from beneath a tree. Was that another like himself? His pace lengthened as his curiosity grew about the new object. He stopped short of 50 or so feet, taking in that this was indeed someone like him. The other had itself tucked into it's wing, something he did himself to get away when the elements where harsh. 

His orbs watched the other for a moment, not trying to disturb them, but his patience got the better of him as it usually does. His words where calm and collected, not trying to frighten or anger the other. Excuse me, I don't mean to be rude but i'm in need of some information. He felt he could leave it at that for now, and depending on how the other reacted he would ask more. Maybe they knew of a perfect place to call home?      

701 words.

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Finding herself wandering towards the threshold the white mare moved with purpose lengthening her gaits and just having a bit of time to herself. While she was normally a wandering soul most of the time she never knew where she would end up until she actually got there. No plans had been made for these journeys but strangely enough today's had been semi planned. The last couple days had been searching for lost souls to offer them a safe place to rest and recover and if they wished even a long term home. Some had accepted her offer but there was the odd time that they chose to go in a different direction or to accept one of the other offers other herds had made. While it was a little disheartening she knew that they were at least going to have somewhere to stay that would be safe. Tossing her head as she lifted her heels to the sky she watched as her mane cascaded back down around her like a waterfall, trying to find some joy in the activity. Stuff like this had usually brought her some enjoyment but as of lately not much had been able to do that. Her mind had once again started to haunt her with flashbacks and horrid memories making it nearly impossible to sleep at night. The nightmares had stopped for a number of months but now for some reason they had begun to resurface forcing her to relive horrible moments of her past. 

Slowing as her hooves began to tangle in the growing foliage of the forest she started actually looking out for anyone that might be around. With her normal bad luck she never tended to find them it always seemed to be the exact opposite only with her half jumping out of her skin ninety percent of the time. Well on the positive side she had not set anything on fire this far so that was a very good thing that she hoped would continue. She was not wanting to be responsible for burning half of Helovia to the ground by accident, that was for sure. Picking up her feet she tried her best to avoid tripping herself on anything giving her yet another way she could embarrass herself with ease. Whispers could be heard through the treeline as she perked her ears forward to try and listen only to hear what seemed like a male talking to someone else. Had someone already found a newcomer she wondered breaking off her path to go investigate and see who might be over there. 

Pushing through the brush with some difficulty her hooves chose to sink into some mud from the previous night's rainfall making her progress much slower than she would like. Well she was relatively clean with the exception of her feet and lower legs now but she really didn't care too much about it. Blue eyes were drawn to the reddish stallion first who seemed preoccupied to her relief by his acquaintance a rather lovely white and gold mare. Both bore wings upon their backs but otherwise didn't seem to share too much in common with one another. Forcing her legs to move forward she cautiously approached with a welcoming nicker to get their attention so as not to spook them. "Hello, I hope I'm not intruding but I thought I would come welcome you to Helovia and introduce myself. My name is Brisa and I reside from a herd otherwise known as the Hidden Falls." She said lightly with a kind smile stopping a few feet from the pair. "I haven't noticed you guys around here before, are you new to Helovia? Do you need a place to stay?"

Pausing for a moment to let the two pegasi register what she had said so far she wondered whether or not to just say everything at once so there were less questions should anyone else decide to drop by. Figuring it couldn't hurt she once again continued to explain what she was offering them. "If I am being too direct I apologize, but if you wish you can both get some rest and food in the safety of our herd. It's not too far from here." She added for good measures.

Brisa Speaks

Image Credits

@Orlando 
@Odette
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Jahzara Posts: 63
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 hands :: 6 Birdsongs
Xyroca

Jahzara

Jahzara was following after the cheerful bounce of her imaginary best friend, Lily. The purple hallucination was as happy as a clam, for whatever reason, and eager to get out of the World's Edge to stretch their legs. Perhaps it was because that was how the golden vixen truly felt, excited to get out of the World's Edge for a few days and abandon the annoying funk she had found herself in. Jahzara was through with her self-pity party, tired of trying to fight through the effects of the mental breakdown she had only a season ago. And while she seemed just as timid as ever, Lily represented her true feelings better than Jahzara could even begin to understand. The figment of her imagination seemed to know that what the golden vixen needed was the chance to feel needed once again, and was leading her into the Threshold to try and see if there were any stranded souls in need of their assistance.

They hadn't been wandering for long before voices could be heard, urging the duo to rush in their direction out of curiosity. When they broke through the foliage, Jahzara was surprised to see that there were already three equines gathered together, a larger crowd than she anticipated. Suddenly, she felt out incredibly out of place and embarrassed, wanting to step back and meld back into the vegetation behind her like she didn't just barge through acting like she knew what she was doing. The other equine, a burning mare, looked vaguely familiar from the days of when Jahzara was the Specter of World's Edge. Did she say her name was Brisa? 'Hey, she used to be in the Edge!' Lily's voice filled only Jahzara's ears, and the golden mare nodded in response. To anyone else, it would seem like a friendly greeting to an old comrade, even though they had never officially met. Jahzara had respected all the members of the Edge that had been under her care, and loved each of them as a family member, even if they left her and her home.

Tossing her forelock to get a better look at the others, the hair covering her blind eye, the golden vixen nodded to the stallion quietly, then gasped at the sight of the ivory and gold bird. 'Uh oh, Jay is she okay? C'mon!' Slowly Jahzara stepped forward on dainty hooves, lowering her dished muzzle to the level of the fallen angel that lay battered and broken on the ground. All thoughts of rushing to simply beat someone to recruiting a new member flew from her head, her primary focus now on making sure that this poor girl was alright. Lily followed suit, circling around the fallen angel (as much as she could with the tree in the way) to better inspect her. 'Oooooh snap! This bird's missing a wing!' Lily didn't mean to come off as brazen or rude, but Jahzara shot her a warning glare anyways before settling a calm gaze back on the stranger.

Sure enough, underneath the filth and buildup on what was surely a lovely coat, was a mere stump of a wing. Here, this mare lay hiding under her only other wing, covered in muck and debris, and the others hadn't even bothered to ask if she was alright? Brisa offered shelter, food and rest at least...But Jahzara couldn't help but find them obnoxiously rude all of a sudden. "Are...are you alright?" She asked softly, a quiet sincerity in her voice that was much like a mother talking to a child.

Something about speaking to this injured, flightless pegasus brought out a more mature side of Jahzara, the caring motherly attitude that she thought she had left behind when her only son took over a herd years ago. Who would have known that she had it in her? "I can help you stand, if you need it. My name is Jahzara, a mare of the World's Edge..." Her brown gaze looked back up to the burning mare, hoping the mare would recognize her from past meetings. "I don't know Brisa's home, but she used to live in the Edge with me. I trust she means you well, but you must seek a healer, or at least someplace to rest and recover. Be that the Hidden Falls, or the World's Edge is up to you, but will you at least allow me to help you?"

Lily leaned in close to Jahzara's ear, taking advantage of the fact that the mare had her head down low towards the female pegasus and whispered. 'Pssssst, what about him?' Almost forgetting entirely about the colt, Jahzara cast a glance towards the grey and red boy, auds flicking towards him for a moment. "The offer is extended to you, also."

"Talk"
'Lily - Hallucination'

@Odette, @Orlando, @Brisa
Force permitted against Jahzara, but please to not maim or kill her!
Please tag only in first posts!

Unregistered

» Somewhere, the line between dreams and reality blurred, and Odette drifted into fretful slumber, enticing visions of home and family dancing before her eyes. Time and the material world lost all meaning, and she would gladly have stayed there for a hundred years or more had not someone roused her from her restless sleep. To her fragile mind, it seemed as though she had spent hours in the company of her fragmented memories, but in reality it had been no longer than twenty minutes that she had lain there undisturbed. Blinking like a newborn babe, the young mare struggled to come back to reality, eyes darting about her surroundings as though freshly returned to a half-forgotten land from a long journey to the edges of the world. Indeed, it felt much as though she had really departed and forgotten about these trees and this loamy soil beneath her, and coming back had torn her from the part of her soul left behind in her dreamland. Or was this the only half-recalled dream, and her unconscious visions the land where she truly belonged?

» Finally her fogged, dull gaze settled on the crowd that had gathered before her, her mind attempting to wrap itself around the words being thrown about above her head as though through a haze. It seemed she had left her speech capabilities behind in her visions as well, and the words spoken sounded like incomprehensible gibberish in a fever dream. For a moment a male voice sounded exactly like that of an old childhood friend, and a single ear flicked eagerly towards the sound, but half a second later she realized that the similarity was entirely imagined, a figment of a feverish and exhausted mind. Immediately afterwards it became apparent that they were speaking to her, and her ladylike manners, ingrained in her since early childhood, spurred her to life. The practice had long since transcended habit into becoming part of her being, and despite the fatigue and malnutrition that plagued her bones, Odette struggled to rise in the presence of her company. The stark imbalance in weight between her two sides made every movement ungainly and awkward, and her vision swam as she stood, but at last she was upright again, both wing and stump tucked demurely against her sides. Faintly she became aware again of what a mess she looked, coated in dirt and grime thanks to the abundant mud from recent rainfalls, but the struggle to stay standing took too much of her attention for her to care. As her eyes and mind registered her company, two mares and a young stallion, their voices too began to settle into recognizable speech patterns and comprehensible words.

» Even so, the words they were speaking made little sense. Hidden Falls? World’s Edge? None of it meant anything to her. "Pardon me," she responded slowly, her once-sweet voice quiet and hoarse with disuse. Each soft word was chosen carefully, in the manner of someone just learning how to speak, but her cultured intonations and mannerisms betrayed an eloquent and genteel upbringing. "I was dreaming, and you all startled me." Wide, dark eyes traveled between the roan stallion and the two mares, noting the lack of wings on the two ladies. So she had indeed entered the land of the earthbound here. She couldn’t for the life of her recall what the roan colt or the dappled grey mare had said to her while in the fog of delirium, but it seemed the golden appaloosa lady, who was standing closest to her, wished to help. "Please excuse my state. I am afraid I have been lost and quite delirious. My name is Odette. Who are you, friends? What are the Hidden Falls, and the World’s Edge you speak of?"

TAG »
MUSE »
STATUS »
WORDS »
NOTES »

@Orlando @Brisa @Jahzara
awesome!
complete
Sorry, you guys will have to repeat yourselves, haha. She's not exactly feeling her best.

Table Coding © Ayumi
Stock: deadmarshes, prints-of-stock, Dragoroth-stock, momotte2stocks, lubellemanipulation on dA

Unregistered

Orlando

Thought

Talk

The young colt gazed upon the golden and white mare before him, taking in each bit of information. It came to him slowly, but he started to gather that the female was not in the best of health. He took a few closer steps to her, intending to help anyway that he could, but the soft welcoming nicker of another caught his attention. Orbs followed suit to the next equine that came into view, she was a soft silver color, very pleasing to the eye. The young colt could not help but return the greeting, excited for new company. Surely she could know where they where? His audits flicked forward, listening intently on the speaking mare. She could offer a home. A slight sigh of relief was let from deep within his abyss at the sound of her offer. The colt thought hard about what she offered, going to a home was what he desired, but could this mare be trusted?

Before he could ask anymore questions, through the thicket and brush another equine burst onto the scene. His emerald orbs took her in as well. Her build was similar to his, but her coloring favored that of appaloosa genes. She was also not bad looking.. What a lucky colt to be among three, easy on the eyes, mares!! He let out a little grunt as to acknowledge the newcomer. The new mare had seemed overly worried about the downed pegasus, going straight to her aid. With the words that flowed out of the new one's mouth, Orlando's audits flicked between the two next to the tree and the silver colored mare. He wanted to make sure she didn't take off before he could ask a few more questions. 

The golden pegasus then tried to rise herself, but seemed to be struggling. His orbs gazed upon the half wing, shuddering at what might of happened to her... Or what it felt like to have that flight taken from you. He also noted that her legs where quite shaky as she must have had a rough journey. She quietly spoke in a rough, hoarse voice. A sign that the colt noted was probably from not using it in some bit of time. As she spoke, the stallion's legs almost acted on their own and he moved closer to her. Her presence called out to him and he couldn't resist it. He hoped as he got closer as not to offend her, but she looked like she needed something sturdy to lean on. His dainty head nodded to the palomino, watching her carefully as well. He positioned his body close to hers, but not too close as to "Pop her bubble". He stretched out his muscluar wing a bit and then nodded at her, letting her make the move if she so wanted to lean on him. Hopefully the message would come across that he was trying to help and not hurt.   

His emerald eyes scanned the three beings before him once more. So two homes had been offered? The questions he wanted to ask the other winged mare has asked for him. In a strange land there comes many questions that one might have, and his mind was filled with them. He decided to speak out anyway, in a soft voice. What do each of these herds offer? I'm here to find a forever home, hopefully, and i'd like to know if i'd fit in better at one place or the other. My name is Orlando. I come from a Nomadic herd far away from this land. I aspire to be a warrior one day, with the right training. Figuring they would ask him anything they'd like to know, he left it at that for now.  

625 words.
@odette, @brisa, @jahzara

Watching the pair with curiosity she couldn't help but wonder why the mare was laying down in the threshold of all places. Usually most ended up finding a safer location before trying to rest but apparently not this girl. Whether it be by boldness or having trust in her friend something just struck her as off. It took another familiar face showing up and saying something before her mind managed to snap things together. Hurt? What? Normally things like this would stand out against everything plain as day but today how had she not noticed what was right in front of her? The stallion who went by the name Orlando had been slightly obstructing her direct view but even still she should have noticed. A little shocked by the revelation she couldn't help but stand there staring for a moment before she managed to get herself moving. What was wrong with her? How did this happen? OMG why had she not noticed this a lot sooner?!? Her shock quickly morphed into concern as she moved herself closer in an attempt to help as her eyes caught sight of the horrible injury making her feel so much worse. Where there had once been a matching set of wings there was now a nasty looking stump needing obvious treatment before it got much worse.

Flashing a weak smile towards her former herd mate she was thankful for her keen observations in making this discovery. "What can I do to help?" She asked looking to Jahzara for instruction for she did not want to intrude and have her feel like she was taking over. Whatever needed done she would gladly do but she didn't want to be stepping on toes in the process. From what she could recall of the palomino she had been in the upper ranks and they had met in passing once or twice otherwise she drew a blank. At least she could recall enough about her to be confident in saying she was a kind soul who treated others fairly. As the injured mare spoke her attention focused over to Odette to ensure she heard what was spoken. "It is nice to meet you Odette and Orlando, my name is Brisa and we all are here to help anyway we can. We will not cause you any harm there is no need to worry." She said confidently with a smile figuring that no one would protest to that or so she hoped. "The Edge and the Hidden Fall's are both herds that reside here in Helovia if you wish to join them." Looking to Orlando she tried to answer both questions at the same time so as to save long delays. "I come from the Hidden Fall's, which would be more than happy to welcome either of you for as long as you wish to stay. I cannot speak for the Edge but Jahzara can tell you more on that herd. My home, the Fall's is a land of beautiful waterfalls and green meadows. We have some excellent warriors that help to protect our family should the need arise as well as help to train aspiring warriors such as yourself." Motioning to Orlando she continued with her description. "Other jobs are also available to choose from such as crafting, telling stories, healers, spies and all that. Basically there is something for everyone with the potential to grow and move up in the ranks."

It was difficult to try and pull descriptions to put into what words could not describe accurately. It was really a place that you needed to see for yourself to chose what you would classify it as. "Whatever you choose you will be going to a great new home regardless of where it is." She added with a smile. Turning back to Odette she spoke once more agreeing with Jahzara. "You do really need to see a healer before this gets worse. Both our herds have excellent healers with a vast knowledge of what to do." Looking to Jahzara to confirm her statements accuracy. Since she had been gone from the Edge there had been likely changes but hopefully her bestie Aly was still there to help.

Brisa talks

•• TAGS: Jahzara, Orlando, Odette
•• NOTES: Apologies for the wait our internet has been down <3

Table by Moonstone Designs
Picture Credits: Here

@Jahzara , @Orlando , @Odette
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --

Hidden Account
Xyroca

Jahzara
As each of the others took their turns speaking, Jahzara calmly waited her turn while Lily stood at her side rolling her eyes impatiently. Ignoring the rudeness of her hallucination, a small smile grazed the golden girl's lips as she nodded to Brisa in agreement that the World's Edge also held capable healers. Though she had never needed to see one herself, she was positive in their abilities to take care of this injured pegasus mare and any other ailments she may have that weren't so obvious to the eye. Raising her crown as the half-winged mare rose to her feet, Jahzara kept near to be sure that she would not fall, though she was pleased to see the others taking course of action now. "I am Jahzara," She repeated kindly, offering Odette another smile to show that her confusion was far from a hassle.

Her auds pricked towards the young stud, her smile growing a bit broader when asked about her home. Oh, the World's Edge. The first land that she had ever felt truly at home since her birth herd. Even with the change in leadership and the abandonment of many of her friends, she remained ever loyal to the mystical, cliffside forest. "The World's Edge is just as it sounds, a beautiful, mist filled forest that stands on a cliff to the ocean. It's right out of a fairy tale, and you feel like you can see all the world on the edge of the cliffs. Right now, we are cleaning up some old walls...But it is lovely. We are led by two Kings, a King of wisdom and a King of battle...Though I would guess that both are skilled equally in both categories. We always welcome new warriors, and any other ranks that may interest you. You could always wait before deciding on a rank, meet others to see what really catches your interests. And I trust our warriors, our healers, and all of my herd with my life."

'Wrap it up, Jay. Birdy really doesn't need to be chit-chatting here forever. That ain't something that can just wait, infection can get in there real quick." The stocky little pony whispered to Jahzara urgently, pressing her creator to get Odette to a healer. "Whoever you chose to follow is fine with me, but please let's get you to see a healer. I'd like to make sure you're okay above all else. Plus, you can always change your mind if you decide you want to go elsewhere."

"Talk"
'Lily - Hallucination'

@Odette, @Orlando and @Brisa

Unregistered

» She could feel their scouring eyes on her, three sets of gazes burning hot as coals on her skin, and with great effort she fought back the urge to flinch, cower, and hide herself. Some tattered remnant of her old pride writhed in agony at the humiliation of being exposed in such a state, yet it would not allow her the relief of breaking under the pressure into a weaker creature than she was. Though she had not yet the strength to meet their gazes with her own tired, defeated eyes, and instead stared at the earth near their hooves, she steeled herself against their curiosity and stood her ground in grave, motionless silence. Their curiosity and sympathy was well-founded, especially when she made such an unusual and pitiful sight, with her ribs and hips jutting from under the taut skin and mud and grime staining her from head to toe. And of course, Odette could feel their curious eyes inevitably settle onto the raw, scabbed flesh of her wing stump. She could not fault them; in their position, she would likely have done the same. There was something about an amputee’s mutilated limb that drew in the gaze of onlookers with varying mixtures of morbid fascination and pity, and she knew that the stares were simply something she would have to grow accustomed to for the rest of her life. This, after all, was the reason her punishment had been devised in such a way. There were infinitely more painful and surefire ways to die, but to live with shame and humiliation as lifelong companions was another thing entirely. At least these three were kind about it, offering soft words of helpful advice and even stepping closer in wordless offers of aid. And though her trusting nature allowed her to easily believe that they meant the best for her, Odette, clinging to the lingering shreds of her pride and self-worth that made up the last of her defenses, silently refused all such offers.

» Throughout the conversation, Odette tried diligently to form opinions and impressions of her new companions. Orlando, the reddish-hued stallion, seemed young and inexperienced, and inwardly Odette envied him the simplicity with which he seemed to find and pursue his direction in life. It all seemed so easy when he said it. He knew what he was here for: a "forever home" and a place and purpose as a warrior. If only she could say the same. As a child, she had thought her ancestral motherland would always be there to welcome her home however far she flew, stalwart and eternal as the mountains themselves. When that homeland had rejected her in the cruelest way possible, she had counted on finding a new place in life by her lover’s side and beginning anew, finding home wherever he was. Now, it all sounded so silly and childish, dreams long lost in a past lifetime. The Odette that had dreamed those dreams was dead and frozen beneath the snow, and the crippled shell that remained was something repulsive and barely recognizable even to herself. She would have to come to grips with her new identity and self before she could even begin to look to the future with the kind of hope which seemed to come so easily for Orlando.

» The two earthbound femmes, on the other hand, were clearly natives of this land they called Helovia, or at least had been residents here for some time. Odette listened solemnly to each of their introductions, and halfway through Brisa’s explanation, everything suddenly clicked into place in Odette’s half-fogged mind. The "World’s Edge" and "Hidden Falls" that had so confused her were the names of herds like her old clan above the clouds, and each had its own representative here, come to find recruits to join them from this borderland. Although both ladies had lovely, soothing voices and had been so very kind to her, the maimed pegasus mare could not suppress a rising sense of wariness that crept up her spine like frost. "They both sound lovely," she replied slowly and noncommittally, her cautious gaze flickering between the pale silver mare of the Hidden Falls to the radiant golden one from the World’s Edge. She meant it too; not just the visions of beautiful landscapes and scenery, but the promises of a welcoming home and companions were like pure, clean water to a man dying of thirst. "But I must ask; what would induce your clansmen to accept one such as I into their midst, an outcast cripple with neither connections nor talent to her name?" The words burned like acid in her throat even now, but she mentally swallowed the bitter pill and soldiered on. That was what she was now, after all, with the loss of limb robbing her of her prided talents of flight, and the sooner she accepted that cold, hard truth the better. "I am no soldier like Orlando. I confess I know no trade, and in this state I am more liability than asset. You are kind to offer the services of your healers, but to call upon their talents by your generosity would be a burden upon your clan that I know not how to repay."

» Gingerly, she shifted her weight and bowed her head slightly, as though in guilty penance for her inability. "Your concern touches me deeply, mesdames and monsieur. Please be at ease. The worst is past; what ails me now is less injury than heartache, which no healing touch can assuage.

» "I pray you will not think me rude, but I beg you also to enlighten me on the laws that govern the conduct of your clansmen. Are you truly allowed to join and depart as you please? Best I be taught now, lest I repeat prior mistakes." Considering how dearly she had paid for her last follies, Odette would be a true fool of the highest order if she were to walk blindly now into some binding contract for the sake of creature comforts like a herd’s protection and care. Not even the threat of a slow, agonizing, and very lonely death could induce her to sell herself as a broodmare to some haughty lord if that was what was expected of her upon joining, or if the herd enforced rules as strict and severe as her birth clan did. Punishment had made her painfully cautious, and though Brisa and Jahzara were charming and helpful as could be, Odette could not help but be wary of their offers of home and comfort in exchange for seemingly nothing.

TAG »
MUSE »
STATUS »
WORDS »
NOTES »

@Orlando @Brisa @Jahzara
apparently awesome
complete
Birdy! <333 Lily is so cute~!
Also, sorry for this small monster of a post. @_@ Odette is wordy and apparently, so am I.

Table Coding © Ayumi

Unregistered

Orlando

Thought

Talk

The young stud watched closely as the mare known as Odette seemed to decline his offer with her body language. He couldn't blame her, taking pity from a total stranger could be awkward. If the roles where switched his pride would never let a someone else see him broken down. His audits listened intently on Brisa and Jahzara's words. Both places sounded beautiful and comforting, placing a smile on his maw as he thought about the potential his future could hold. He'd always dreamed of growing strong, and having a herd of his own he could protect with honor and dignity. Although they where dreams of a child, his intentions where good at heart. 

His weight shifted from one side to the to the other, to give the mutilated mare a bit more room for herself. He didn't want to cause her to feel anymore uncomfortable. His orbs watched Brisa closely, something about her peaked his interest. Maybe it was her regal stature or calm demeanor that seamed to pull him in. His audits flicked back to Odette's voice. Normally the colt was rash and spoke without thinking. He was going to blindly follow one of these mares to their home without thinking or asking about anything more. How idiot of him. Odette's questions where all logical and correct. What did HE have to offer a herd? He was young, and quite frankly not very brilliant. Besides all that he was a foreigner with no knowledge of the land, which would not help in a fight. Questions started rolling through his mind at the thought of it all and not being accepted into a home. He was a green horn for sure. 

Orlando's crown sunk low to the ground with the thoughts that had been thrown around. He was embarrassed, and wanted to look and act better than that. If he was to become a great warrior, he'd have to get smarter. Emerald orbs looked up towards Jahzara, then Brisa, and finally to Odette. He chose to keep his mouth shut this time around and wait for the information that was to be given. Sometimes observation was the best way to learn the answers to things you needed the most.  

370 words. Sorry for the shorter post, not feeling very good today :/
@Odette @Brisa

Drawing her head back to shake the long pieces of her forelock from her face the white girl listens as the others begin to speak. Jahzara spoke first describing the Edge from her point of view which stirred up some of her own memories about the Edge. It had been the trees and the mist that had felt comfortable and secure when she finally managed to settle in one place after so long of being alone. It had become easy for her to sink back into the shadows and make herself disappear like she had never existed. Many times she had found herself drawn to the edges of the cliffs to look out over the ocean wishing that she could just fade away into the night. The place had been a one of joy but also heartbreak and destruction like the one night when she had watched her friend take her own life. The cliffs had been her way out and she had to sit back and watch her die feeling helpless and all alone. Nothing she did had been able to help, she had tried but in the end the same results came.

Snapping her head out of those destructive memories as Jahzara's voice faded out and Odette's began she forced herself to not return to such a state. Those had been dark times and if she was ever going to be happy and find the light she needed to take care and not send herself back in a downward spiral again. Her frame was boney but it was far from being her worst such as the day she arrived. She hadn't an ounce of fat anywhere on her body and it was easy to count each rib and exterior placed bones. Frowning at Odette's description of herself she couldn't help but say something to correct it.
"You are not a cripple nor are you worthless. Why would we accept you? We would accept you because we are here to help you and give you a home and family you can rely on." She stated a little harshly at first but managed to reign in her frustration quickly so not to be rude. "I apologize if I sounded a little harsh but I know how it feels to be in your position. A number of years ago when I first arrived I was a complete mess, way worse than you are now. I had never known what it was like to have people care or to want to help you. It took a long time before I could settle in but it was honestly the best decision I had ever made. I likely can't imagine what has happened to you but trust me when I say you are safe here with us." Managing a soft smile she hoped that sharing her story might make it easier for the winged mare to see that they were not going to hurt them.

"No one has to take on a job if they do not want to. As Jahzara said you can take a look around and see what interests you. If you are not happy we will not stop you from leaving if that is what you want to do. All of us may come and go as we please there are no restrictions or contracts to control you or anyone. Over the years I have taken on the role as Mason which I never thought would have been possible if not for encouragement and kind words from others. If you wish to come to the Fall's I can accept you into our home without any problems and the others will trust my decision." Wow where had all those words come from she wondered in amazement as she finished her little unexpected speech. She had never been one that talked a whole lot especially to those she did not know but she somehow felt a connection to Odette and wanted to help both Orlando and her. Maybe it was because in a way she looked at Odette and seen herself all those years ago in such horrific conditions. Wounds had littered her body and her mind making her untrusting and scared of new things. She couldn't watch someone else go through something similar and be alright with it. No, she was in a position now to help and that's exactly what she wanted to do so nobody had to suffer the same way she had.

Brisa talks

•• TAGS: @Orlando , @Odette , @Jahzara
•• NOTES: <3  ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
Picture Credits: Here

Hidden Account
Xyroca

Jahzara
It was only when Odette asked of whether or not she would truly be accepted into the herd did Jahzara's innocent and slightly naive personality begin to show. In fact, the way the fallen pegasus asked the question almost confused the golden girl, had it not been for Lily's company and translation after the hallucination noticed the slightly dumbfounded look on her creator's face. 'She wants to know why the Edge would accept her, she doesn't think she'd be useful.' Why would they accept Odette? The very idea of rejection had never even crossed Jahzara's mind, in fact she wondered more why they wouldn't accept her. She may have been missing a wing, but she was still functional and would heal over time. She may not have any particular trades, but she was young enough to learn. Why would they accept Jahzara so long ago, a woman with the mental capacity of a child that didn't know a thing in the world? Yet, they had. And it had been the most welcoming home she had ever been in.

Letting Brisa finish, Jahzara nodded in agreement and began to felt a kinship of sorts with the wingless Pegasus. "No one is going to force you to live in a herd that you aren't happy in, believe me, I've been in a herd like that and the World's Edge is not one of them. And I doubt the Hidden Falls would hold you hostage either, that is not what our herds, our families, are about. Why wouldn't they accept you? They took me in and have yet to try and kick me out. And like Brisa said, you're not a cripple. Look at us, we don't have wings, we can't fly. But we are here. And you don't have to immediately take on a position in the herd, you can meet others and see what you may like. Then they can teach you a new trade, be it healing, crafting or even fighting." The arabian built mare couldn't picture the snowy dove as a fighter, but she threw it out there just in case to prove that it didn't matter what she wanted to do, she could give it a try.

"The first step is to try."
'The first step is to try.'

"Talk"
'Lily - Hallucination'

@Odette, @Orlando and @Brisa

Unregistered

» Bit by bit she built up her walls, fragile things made of plastic bricks piled up precariously around a child's toy castle in an effort to ward off imagined monsters. A gentle push brought them crumbling down from their shaky foundations, betraying a heart that had longed to be unencumbered by them from the very start. Odette bowed her head in a humble effort to hide her tears from the eyes of her onlookers, but to even her own surprise, none were forthcoming. Perhaps the enormity of her emotions had not yet translated to her exhausted and worn body, or perhaps she had cried out all her life's quota worth of tears already, but whatever the case, she could only stand, mute and dry-eyed, and accept wholeheartedly the kindness of strangers. Jahzara and Brisa, though they might not have known it, had extended her the first offers of unconditional acceptance she had known since becoming a condemned and homeless outcast. No matter if they were being sincere or not - and Odette clung fiercely to the belief that they were, with the desperation of one drowning - she had needed it, needed to hear that she was capable, that she was not alone, and above all that she was wanted. At that point she would gladly have followed them anywhere, even if they promised to lead her to some deep dark pit of Hell. When she spoke, she half expected her voice to be thick and choked with emotion, but instead it came out with a steady calm that she didn't feel in the slightest, save for an odd tremor that was all that spoke of her tumultuous emotions. "I will remember this kindness," she vowed to both mares, at last raising her strange dry eyes to meet the gazes of her benefactors. "I pray that I will have the chance to repay it one day, and fully express my gratitude."

» Pausing, Odette forced herself to become as calm as feasibly possible, in an effort to weigh her new options without impulsive haste. Although she tried with a truly valiant effort, in her heart she knew that the decision had been made already, try though she might to be objective about a choice that would redefine the rest of her life. She had flown over majestic waterfalls before, and knew of their beauty and splendor, but she had lived too far inland to know the taste of briny wind and crisp salt air. "I have never seen the ocean before," she finally ventured to say, curiosity and a newfound spark of life overcoming any remaining trepidation. "If you would have me, perhaps my lady Jahzara can be my guide to the World's Edge." Turning to Brisa, she gently sank into a deep, rather elaborate bow, fluffing out the feathers of her wing with an old-fashioned elegance befitting the ladies in fairy tales and song. "Adieu, dear Brisa; may we cross paths again! And to you, Orlando, unless you would depart for the World's Edge as well. I wish you all the best on your path to a warrior's glory."

TAG »
MUSE »
STATUS »
WORDS »
NOTES »

@Orlando @Brisa @Jahzara
good
complete
Aahhh so sorry for the late post! This can end the thread, unless you guys want to wrap up with your own posts. Fuzz, let's thread these two in WE and get her formally accepted! :D

Table Coding © Ayumi