the Rift

[PRIVATE] Out of Order [OPHELIA]

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

Private. Only for @Ophelia unless she indicates otherwise. Set directly after Sunny's initial SWP thread.

Those who had gathered began to slowly disperse once he indicated that there would be no battle. The scavengers, looking only for glory and trinkets from whatever dead God they thought would follow him through, were left with nothing. Should they really have expected less from him? The idea made him simultaneously annoyed and amused.

But there were other matters on his mind ...

Perhaps what was about to occur was out of some unspoken order. But the God didn't care. He had always acted as he had seen fit, and his intuitions and decisions had rarely been wrong. Hasty perhaps, but never wrong.

And in this, the God knew that it was neither.

Ophelia.. He whispered into her mind, breaking away from those who had decided to stay and investigate the flats, and moving with an easy gait to an uninhabited portion of the newly-formed lands.

CREDITS
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia
the light from me to you

So many gathered, paying such righteous and honorable respects to the god she held dear, and she knew her words would pale in comparison. Back and forth he palavered with everyone, not denying those who orbited his atmosphere his attention. Perhaps that was why, even in his anger, she held affection for the golden hued deity. Somewhere beneath the pride and temper was a good heart and a kind soul, one who did not see himself so far above the eager and short-sighted questions of the mortals.

She smiled as she watched him, heart catching in her chest when he made eye contact and flashed a meaningful smile. Ophelia blinked, awkwardly returning the expression softly, though her lips remained closed and no words were shared - not yet anyway. He seemed to want to speak, and thus she remained. This land was beautiful, and the peace was welcome after the turmoil in her soul stirred by Torleik.

Water pooled in the toes of her hooves, rippling and reflecting the beauty of the sun, but she did not wander. His voice in her head echoed, and she looked up, strange, dual colored eyes softening. How long had she wandered in this wasteland of Helovia? Years had passed since she escaped to his refuge from Isilme, chased by shadows more terrifying than nightmares. So many important intervals of her life revolved around him, and she approached without hesitation, bowing her head deeply in respect.

He moved. She followed.

Ophelia's soft eyes searched his golden ones, so full of wisdom and sadness. "Your land is beautiful," she complimented softly, a smile playing on her mousy, gray lips. "And very much like you. No matter where you stand, you cannot escape yourself for your reflection is watching from every angle - just like light. We cannot hide from the light." Phi mused aloud, looking up at him without expectation or want.

"What was it that you needed?" she asked curiously.

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

The God was pleased that Torleik hadn't been a part of those who had gathered. It did not escape the God's mind, the feelings that were mutually held between Ophelia and Torleik, and although the God himself could never give Ophelia the intimate and consistent love that Torleik could, nevertheless the thought of the two together sent his heart on fire. She left the Basin to live with him, he would think at times, in the silent endless light that was his own mind. Yet never has she returned to the Throat. To me. The God knew that he was both more and less of a deity to Ophelia - more, because together they had been through so much - and so much of his power flooded her veins and adorned her pale physique. And less, because she had seen him at his moments of vulnerability, when near-mortal need and desire had overcome his thinking. For many he was just like the real sun - warmth, power, light - but never something to be held, or stared into. Such was not the case with Ophelia. 

"It is beautiful." He agreed with a sweeping nod of his elegant skull, pleased to hear her voice her admiration for his selection, as well as her description. Ophelia was as much of a poet as she was a force to be reckoned with, and the juxtaposition made him chuckle. 

"I need nothing Ophelia - nothing, but to give you a gift that only I can bestow. Ascendancy. I can think of no better way to demonstrate my appreciation and acknowledgement of all that you have done. The hurtles that you have encountered - with others, and even with the Gods themselves - you have cleared with grace and poise." The God paused, overwhelmed by pride. His golden gaze was filled with a pure adoring light as he gazed down at the Forsaken - who was clearly foresaken no longer. 

"Surely you know the choice that I now give to you - securing your future, or the futures of those you would bring into the world - (the God forced himself to ignore the images of Torleik and Phi that flooded his mind) "- Though if you choose immortality, I will still have to advise against any further attacks on my sister. Death will be the least of the torments that will find you, should you continue to press her."

CREDITS

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik the Bloodskald

Heavy metals in my heart

His eyes, affixed on Ophelia, noticed the exchanged smiles. Noticed the way she broke off to be with her god as everyone else left. Were there feelings? He honestly wasn't sure. She had a child with the God of Time and the Sun God loved her. 

The hell did he have to offer, really? He was just a mortal, and a sad, foolish, insecure one at that. 

'I love...?'

A slightly painful smile quirked his lips. 'I know, Irelyn. I know.' No matter his thoughts on himself, his selfless, pure-hearted companion always reminded him of the power of love. And did he not love Ophelia, too? Was that not worthy? Torleik supposed time would tell. Slowly, with no real intention to become an interloper and seeking to stay behind the divine - even though he knew that wouldn't do a damn mite of good - he took steps towards the pair. He wasn't sure why. His presence would likely only anger the immortal, and this thought brought him to a halt. 

He didn't want to ruin this moment, whatever it might be, for Ophelia by interjecting himself into a bond that had been in place far longer than she'd known him. Sound carried, here, and their conversation floated to him with ease with nothing to stop it from reaching him. She called him beautiful, showed a tenderness the stallion could not help but feel covetous over. What could earn him that side of her? Torleik banished the thought. No use, that feeling. He was her god. He would always win. 

And the Sun God, in return, offered her immortality. 

It felt as though all of the color in the world drained and the blinding reflection off the waters consumed him. 

Immortality. 

The chance to live forever. 

A billion thoughts raced through his mind. If she became immortal...would she not be closer to a god? Was that was the Sun God wanted? For her to choose that, so he might make her his? The thought made his eyes sting and almost brought him to his knees. He had fought so hard... If she chose that, it would be choosing a life without him. The Bloodskald was not immortal. He would grow old, older than he already was, and would die while Ophelia remained perfect in every way. Another thought flew by him at dangerous speed - could he ask the Moon Goddess for the same gift? What would he have to sacrifice to get it? It would not be worth it. 

The God of the Sun loved Ophelia and offered her this gift because of his love. The Moon Goddess would only demand a heavy price in return for such a boon; she loved no one. 

Breathing was hard. He didn't want to lose the one thing he'd worked so hard to gain, this woman he'd tried to be so patient for, this happiness he'd fleetingly found - this end to his solitude. But was this what she wanted? Was this something she'd always wanted? To be like, with, her god? Torleik had yet to learn a good deal about Ophelia and perhaps he'd been so blind, so caught up in his own desire for her that he hadn't seen what she truly wanted. 

His gaze fell to the water at his feet, and his hooves shifted. The water froze, the ice spreading much further than normal, offering him a shockingly clear, solidified surface with which to reflect his visage. What did he see? 

Mangy-looking, acid-burned face. 

Scars. 

Ragged beard and mane. 

Dull, tired blue eyes. 

Those eyes flicked up to the divine being so far and yet so close, and knew that in no way could he ever compare. The God of the Sun was perfect, it was true. If...in his perfection...he could give her more...

How could Torleik stand in the way of that? 

He was but a small part in Ophelia's life. Everything she wanted to accomplish, to be, to see and do and feel would be better done as an immortal without weight of the mortal coil. To remain mortal, to be with him, would only weigh her down. 

His eyes shifted to her equally perfect form, remembering the taste and feel of her that he'd been so lucky as to experience one blessed time. The dark stallion had only ever wanted to heal her pain, make her happy, show her love. Torleik liked to think he'd done that, at least a little. Maybe that was his part to play. A heavy breath forced its way out of his chest, through his nose, yet still seemingly the earth wanted to swallow him up. The silence was maddening. 

Her choice, unmade. 

And in the end? 

I just...want you to be happy...

Art by Veradaine @ DA

OOC: Present with permission.
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia
It's a love I cannot hold; it's a love I cannot win

Tinek watched from the perch of her hip, keen, red eyes observing her with the God of the Sun. She was softer with him, somehow. There was a brightness and ease in her animated expression, and her fears melted beneath her hooves. But, he knew her heart, and what she felt for this god was closer to awe and inspiration than love; he blurred the line of wise father figure and handsome deity – unattainable. Though he did not understand her desire to mate for life, he encouraged it nonetheless, for her heart was true and feeble, unable to withstand the bitter winters of this world alone.

Ophelia awaited his commands, willing to follow any instruction he gave for whatever reason. She was loyal to those she cared about – undyingly so and with little thought to herself. Instead, his words faded into the blissful mental cloud hovering just outside her realm of understanding. What had she done that deserved this honor? Was she truly graceful? Honestly, she did not think so. Did she have poise when she threatened Deimos? Was it grace she demonstrated when she angrily fought against the Hidden Falls and Midas’ narrow mindedness? Whatever he saw in her, Ophelia could not see it in herself.

The pale princess blinked up at him, lips opening and closing as she lost her words, overwhelmed by the affection and adoration she saw in his unwavering gaze. Emotion caught in her throat, and she was stunned into silence, feeling glassy tears fill the brims of her strange, two colored eyes.

Ascended.

And now she had to make an impossible choice. He offered her thousands of lifetimes and an endless reign, or the blessings for her future children. In essence, she was choosing between a life with him and Torleik. She knew that. The subtext was there, unwritten, but whispering between the spoken words. Ophelia grimaced at the mention of the Moon Goddess, choosing instead to focus on that while her stomach churned over the concerns of her decision. “So many I loved are dead because of her,” she said quietly, blinking away the liquid beads from her eyes. “Though you are correct; there is little that can be done, mortal or immortal.”

“I just...want you to be happy...”

Ophelia heard the thought and lifted her head slightly, brows furrowing as she turned to see Torleik standing there, the darkness to the Sun God’s light. There were burn marks on his face, and the bright blue of his eyes was dulled. She felt her heart flop in her chest, lingering anger she held for him dissipating with the thought he projected. Looking at him now, she knew her choice. It was easy. Simple.

She looked back up to her god, peace and adoration still strong. “With my mind, forever would be madness, and I have never been afraid to die. Wherever I go once my body stops breathing, I know you will take care of me as you always have,” she murmured to him gently, hoping that she would not break his heart in the process. “I choose this mortal life.” Ophelia’s eyes flickered to Torleik’s, softening ever so slightly. “I choose my future children.”

"I choose you..."

Her gaze turned back to the god of the sun. “Thank you, for this gift. I vow to forever honor your shrine during your season, and I will teach all who will hear about the wisdom, generosity and kindness you share.” Ophelia bowed deeply. She chanced a look back into his golden orbs. "Surely there is something I can do to honor you and this gift?"

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Somewhere inside, the God had always known what Ophelia's choice would be. He knew this day almost as clearly as his brother Spark would have known it. It was a near certainty, and the outcome was seemingly set. And yet...

Yet..

Some small lingering probability bore into his mind, brightening and simultaneously dousing his thoughts with hope and promise of something else.

The God could have invaded Torleik's thoughts - burrowed deep into his mind to know if this scheme had been discussed by the two, or if it was mere happenstance. But he declined. If pressed, he would have said it was out of respect for Ophelia, but in truth it was merely to save himself from knowing. He knew her decision now. He didn't need to know the why.

At least, he didn't need to hear it.

"A wise choice." He responded, his golden stare losing none of its brightness as a smile broke his chiseled jawline.  Just because he hoped, didn't mean he lost himself to the naive chance. He was prepared for this, and so his voice - and his words - were genuine. "There is nothing Ophelia - other than to live well with the time you have left, and to love those who have cost you the ages."

He meant that too - she better damn well love Torleik. He didn't think he could ever bear to see her grow old and die, if she had made the wrong choice. Better that she love a mortal as a mortal, than to forego immortality on a whim. 

With a last smile, the God nodded. He chose to continue his charade, of pretending that he had not seen Torleik - that he could not feel his heavy curiosity wafting through his mind. It seemed foolish to offer Ophelia a greeting. They would see each other again soon, and yet goodbye, or until next time, seemed merely like a placeholder for something else.

Something which couldn't be spoken. Not now that her decision had been made. 

"Clearly you are Foresaken no longer, Ophelia." His words hung heavily, with thoughts and feelings unspoken. "Now you are amaranthine.." The word made him simultaneously think of worlds which were cold, elusive, and vast, but also warm, light, and somehow delicate. The juxtaposition made his heart heavy, and his lips and eyelashes flutter.

With a last, lingering gaze, the God erupted in a tall spiral of brilliant flames. They gave off no heat, but eclipsed the Flats in a blinding and beautiful light. 

CREDITS