the Rift

[OPEN] Mind the gap! [JOINING]

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable

NASREEN

The journey to the Throat had been pleasant. As they had traveled further south, the earth grew even greener, and their path had been rich with new grass and blooming flowers. Even better still was the company Nasreen kept, for she had already grown quite fond of the dark mare who traveled by her side. She felt a special attachment to Eva, leading her home in this way, feeling much as Kahlua must have felt all those seasons ago when she had brought a trembling Nasreen to the Edge. It had been a long time since she had felt needed, and to help Eva brought the girl a special delight. It was a duty that she could throw herself into wholeheartedly; for best of all, it came without the worry that any mistake she might make would plunge a herd into darkness.

All the while, she had chatted animatedly to Eva about this and that, sometimes recounting old Th’orquian stories to pass the time or on other occasions, pointing out the landmarks of the places they were traveling through. To be sure, she now had a much better understanding of this land from the ground—though she had flown over most of Helovia, navigating by foot was a different matter entirely. On a few instances, she had worried that she had gotten them lost, and would pause to launch herself into the sky and scan the horizon for her familiar markers, but they had finally arrived at the border of the Dragon’s Throat, and Nasreen breathed a quiet sigh of relief to have gotten them there safely. Now they stood on the shore, looking out across the sea to the small island that rose above the churning waters.

“There it is,” she told Eva, gesturing with a wing. “It looks small from here, but there really is quite a lot to it. When we get to the other side, I can show you the oasis, and the beach, and…well,” Nasreen giggled, “I suppose it is mostly sand, but there’s a lot of it!” The desert of the Throat was nothing like the comfortable forests of her homeland, but she couldn’t complain when they’d offered her a home. “Now all we have to do is wait for someone to let us across,” she explained. “There’s a magic bridge, and it’s supposed to be quite magnificent. I’ve never seen it,” she admitted, “but now that you’re here, this is my chance! Oh Eva, I’m so glad you agreed to come home. Are you nervous? You mustn’t be; the herd here is very kind…” And so Nasreen babbled on, filling her poor friend’s ears with her incessant voice as they waited for the bridge to be drawn.

image by shady

@Evahna
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Evahna Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Nasreen was to be the kindest she'd met so far, through their Threshold meeting Evahna was sure she had made a friend. Had wiggled right into the caring grasp of Nasreen and with such gained an invitation to stay with her... and the family. While Eva knew that a herd did not consist of all relatives, blood did not make up the word family, so instead of herd she uses the term family. Even with never being apart of a true family, she was a part of a military family once and that was enough to strike a fire under her butt and make her jump at the thought of having another. "Why yes of course, by sharing you've made a life long friend of me darling Nasreen." she stated simply. Awaiting the mares approach to leave the wooded areas. Wondering just where it will be that she stumbles next.

The bay had paid no attention to Nasreen's comment about being wingless, for it meant little to her all the differences about others. She understand exactly what Nasreen meant because by wing and the force of the skies of course you will arrive to your destination far quicker than by hoof. This being yet again the reason why Evahna was grateful to have such a helpful body before her. Should the mare have chosen she could have took to the sky and told Evahna to find her own way but instead she traveled by hoof with her. "Sounds good." the words falling from her mouth easily as she began following the mare.
------------------------------

Along the journey to the Throat, they passed through many different areas, while all smelt different they seemed to all bear trees. It was almost annoying by now, all the trees with little opening to see anywhere else. She was sure they were lost a few times, for all the trees had similar markings and some she was positive followed them. Or she had seen them before... she is unsure. All the while she walked with Nasreen she listened closely to what the mare had to say. Drinking in all the information she received. Happy to have such good company on the long journey.

It was the first time that Nasreen had launched herself to the sky that Evahna grew worried about being left behind. Tired of being alone and with the first touch of a soul so close to hers now, alone was the last thing she wanted to experience again. Although Nasreen only took to the sky for a few moments and returned to the ground once more to share the journey, for the moments she was up there the bay was almost positive she would take off and leave her.

As they traveled further south the climate changed, the terrain changed, everything changed. It was a welcome difference. One Evahna was rather fond of. It was when they arrived though and the sand touched the bottom of her hooves that she knew she'd made the right decision. It was perfect. All except the fact that it was cut off from this land by water. Water sure to get deep as she would swim across. Evahna grew a little nervous and very panicked beneath her skin. Never the less she listened and trusted Nasreen, giggling along side her as Nasreen kept going. "It is a good thing I am fond of sand," releasing a small giggle once more. Nasreen kept on with her explanation and with the word bridge Evahna's unsettled stomach stopped spinning. No swimming for her life today. She smiled to Nasreen, "If I am to be honest, I am a little nervous." stated with tones of honesty and a little unease "But I'm sure glad to have found such a wonderful person as you, I appreciate what you've done for me."

The bay turns back to watch the island ahead. Awaiting the moment she gets to step across and become one of them. Oh how exciting!

NOTES;; First half of the post is answering Nasreen in the Threshold. :)
TAG;; @---
image credits
- table by Niki -

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
With a fire in my bones and the sweet taste of kerosene

She'd barely done anything but patrol lately. Ever since the meeting she'd thrown herself into her job in the hopes it would distract her enough to keep herself from marching to find Einarr and Laedere, or worse, Megaera. Though the meeting had ended peacefully enough, it's events still greatly troubled Ampere, but now was not the time to scratch that itch, not when they all awaited the Sun and the Earth to return.

So instead Ampere flew. She flew circles and figure eights and spirals and laps of all designs she had no names for. All around the Throat and sometimes a bit beyond, she let herself whatch the world as it passed by, and all the while she tried to pick out its threats, its promises, its secrets. It was on this sort of patrol that Ampere spied the two across the water. She couldn't see them yet from this far away, but just looking at their dark shapes on the horizon, she could guess they were waiting for a member of the Throat, waiting for the bridge. They probably weren't threatening if they had the sense to wait, but even so as Ampere began to close the gap, she was wary. These were troubled times and she didn't need any more of it inside her borders.

Her wings carried her easily across the sea, up and above to circle around the duo before finally spiraling down to land near them. She recognized the pegasus, although she couldn't remember her name...sadly. She belonged to the Throat, that much Ampere knew, and she seemed to be in the midst of a pleasant conversation with the unicorn that looked the ragged way wanderers do. She hadn't heard their talk, but their smiles and light tones on the wind suggested this was a calm meeting.

Relaxing her wings at her sides and un-tensing her muscles, Ampere bobbed her head in greeting to them both. "Hello, I saw you two standing over here on my patrol, is there anything you need?" She suspected they needed a key, but Ampere wanted to learn more of the stranger, particularly as she didn't know Nasreen all that well personally.

Despite her front of stoic strength, Ampere gave a large cough after she spoke, black ooze collecting in the corners of her mouth, dribbling from her eyes and running from her nose. Like she said earlier, she had enough troubles to deal with.

A M P E R E
DREAMING OF _R E V E L R Y

bronzehalo.deviantart.com

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable

NASREEN

As they stood waiting, presently Nasreen’s eyes caught sight of a small black speck on the horizon. She smiled eagerly when the speck swooped closer, and the smile grew even broader when she recognized the athletic form of Ampere coming to greet them. It was just as it had been before, she thought happily. Only a season ago, the blue-streaked mare had come to collect her on this very shore, and now here she was again. Casting an excited glance at Eva, the copper-coated mare raised her wings in acknowledgement, then trotted forward to meet the Gladiator. “Ampere!” she called brightly, “How wonderful to see you!” Though she did not know the other pegasus well, Nasreen felt a sense of attachment to her, a feeling not unlike those she had harbored towards Kahlua when she had offered her a home in the Edge. Though Bucephalus had invited her here, Ampere had accepted her upon arrival without question or judgment, and for that the girl would always remain grateful.

When the stocky warrior asked if there was anything they needed, Nasreen nodded and gestured for her new friend to join them with a friendly flick of her head. “Yes actually, there is something…or rather, someone. Ampere, this is Evahna. Evahna, meet Ampere, our fearless Gladiator.” Introductions made, Nasreen retreated half a step to allow the two to greet one another. “I ran into Evahna in the Threshold,” she told Ampere, “And the poor girl has been on her own for so long! I invited her here hoping…” The lower-ranking mare suddenly looked down, feeling shy. She was sure that Eva would be able to stay, but still…she felt a little strange asking for favors when she had only just made the Throat home herself. “I was hoping…well, you’ve all been so kind to me, and I was wondering if Eva here could stay as well?”

image by shady

@Evahna
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
unarchived per request
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode

Unregistered

As Nasreen spotted the black being in the sky, Eva's eyes turned from Nasreen's body and looked above. Only to watch a graceful land from yet another beautiful pegasus. How wonderful it would be to sport such great attachments. The gift of flight, something she'd been denied at birth, as well as denied her horn and looked upon as some sort of deformed weirdo. Despite being a fearless soldier Eva was always seen as something lower than her own species. It was hurtful but something she'd grown quite used to.

Nasreen took control of the conversation, that being something Evahna was more than glad about for some sort of shyness took her over. An overwhelming shyness she'd never had before. Asking to be a part of something, well that is something she'd simply never done before. As a matter of fact it was weird to ask for kindness from others. Weird to have to ask for a home, for a family... All of this is so very new and she has little skill in doing just what was happening now.

As Nasreen stepped back to allow us to greet I gave the black mare a smile. I had no words to speak yet as my name had already been introduced by Nasreen, the bubbly thing she is being once again kind and continuing the conversation. While I'd hope that this Ampere was not going to stare me down so hard it felt like she was seeking my soul, I braced myself for it because it was always possible. Ampere was something I once was, something I hardly want to be again but I respect her despite my own feelings. 

I gave a short nod and then spoke myself, a tone quiet but something well heard, perhaps it's just that I wasn't yelling, "It would be an honor to be a part of your home with your blessing dear."

NOTES;; Sorry to have taken soooooo long on this! ://
TAG;; @Nasreen @Ampere 
image credits
- table by Niki -

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
With a fire in my bones and the sweet taste of kerosene

Nasreen's bright reply drew an easy grin from the troubled mother of Companions. She had forgotten the mare's bright personality, something comparable with the Sun, but much less harsh. Relaxing considerably, Ampere turned her focus back to the stranger as Nasreen went on to explain. As she suspected, a new recruit seeking entrance.

In a shameless stare of scrutiny Ampere's gaze slid across the newcomer's form, noticing the robust folds of muscle that suggested she was no stranger to hard work - good. She also contained a certain delicacy, one accentuated by her well mannered speech and even a shyness that displaced the roughness her body revealed. An interesting mix, Ampere thought with a sloppy smile, but one she was not averse too. She of course noted the lack of wings, which was no issue, but always something Ampere lamented, particularly now with her son as he was. What she did find off was the lion's tail but lack of horn. She really only ever saw such cattle appendages on unicorns, but the mare could easily be a half blood or perhaps she'd lost her horn in whatever had hardened the rest of her.

Approving her, Ampere's gaze moved up to hold the mare's as she finished her words. "I don't give blessings, that's Maren's job," Ampere responded with a grunt. "But, I will let you in," she replied with a glowing grin that offset the roughness she started with. Deftly she moved to place the key in the proper position, the action placing flaming wings upon herself and Evahna if she didn't refuse. An opportunity for her to fly at last...

The wings operated as a sort of magical bridge, and would flap them across the expanse of water with an already set route that required no work - Nasreen would have to use her own feathers, the bridge only seated two. Along the way Ampere would happily share the ranks and important names to know, but she also had a question of her own.

"You're welcome of course to decide later, but where do your skills best serve the herd? Or rather... where do you want them to?"

[ @Evahna sorry trying to wrap this up! Ampere accepts her and uses her key to get them across the 'bridge' on magical flaming wings. On the way she tells her about the herd, the ranks, and the top characters holding them. Let me know if you want to continue or we can sorta fade out here :) Just update us on what rank you want when you decide!]

A M P E R E
DREAMING OF _R E V E L R Y

bronzehalo.deviantart.com

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Unregistered

It was when Ampere's eyes slid across Evahna's body that she grew very upset. A concerned upset. One that questioned why those eyes were watching so heavily. Perhaps she grew upset because the scars that littered her body now seemed like scars that she could be judged by. It was a very weak moment for Evahna. It had been a long time since she'd been in the company of anyone and she forgot just how cruel eyes could feel upon her skin when there was so much stain on her that explained just what her past was, without her even needing to say a word.

Evahna drew her face backwards. Eyes becoming dull and almost scared to know what Ampere would have to say next and those eyes were frightened for a good reason. The tones she exclaimed tore into the deformed unicorns heart, she at that point felt rejection but only for a moment before the rejection was followed by inviting tones. 

An invitation to become apart of the family.

And with that invitation Evahna's whole demeanor changed back to the bright, happy thing she was while traveling with Nasreen to this Throat. Her face came forward again, eyes began to shine with love, and as she was going to speak the mare put in placement a key. After that magic happened. Consuming them both with wings that began to carry them across the water to the island. The view was incredible but the most amazing thing was she finally got to fly. It was an unexplainable feeling. 

Ampere though, instead of watching the beautiful surroundings in awe began speaking about the family she had just found. Speaking of ranks and duties and those who possess them. Evahna took note to names but did not have faces for them yet and made it a goal to find those faces soon.

Then she questions Evahna. A horrifying question. A question she least expected to pop into the conversation but never the less it did. With the most respectful tones she could muster up, she replied in length, "I'm afraid the only skills I possess go along with war and I no longer wish to live life that way, I would much prefer to learn new skills if such would be possible..." she trails off. Hoping to know if she could perhaps learn under someone for something. Or stick off in the sidelines as just a family member until she could decide what would be best.

NOTES;; You can reply if you'd like, if not this can just be archived/considered finished. :) I think for now she should just be a member of the herd and I may possibly seek her to be some sort of healer/helper for the healer position. Apprenticeship type thing.
TAG;; @Ampere  
image credits
- table by Niki -