the Rift

[OPEN] Staying in my play pretend...

Seren Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
SEREN
interstellar
The healing was over for her; passed and gone. Now she walked, careful in her steps yet with a continuous pace that she was not slow for. She had heard mentions of a cave; she had never seen one, and despite the worry and anxiety in her chest, she wanted to know. Perhaps they were safe, and the one thing that allowed Seren to be able to walk freely here, less fear, was the lack of the god - the one whose hide covered her own, draped over her - some comfort to her, though she was unsure of what properties it held yet. The item was brilliant to her but she was still recovering from it.

In her lapse in concentration, Seren almost slipped from a small rocky incline, and it was to her left - the left side, blinded by the blood and forever lost. She was still adjusting to the new way she viewed the world. One side was darkness, the place she had been ever since she was changed, ever since she lost Remi - while the other was normal, the world full and bright out of it.

Into the caves she walked though, fear increasing her heart rate - but she still went in there, walking a path and not knowing where. She moved down a walkway, hooves causing a gentle echo - one she tried to reduce, but it was all for naught truly. There was suddenly though, a brilliant glow - and Seren went towards it. The rocks and light foliage changes, shifting into a brilliant luminescent cavern, opening before her eyes. The ground became soft, no more noise, and Seren's eyes widen as she raises her head and looks up, the sight unfolding before her.

Brilliant trees, fungi that shone here in the dark - and at the end of the great cavern was the sound of water, flowing gently. So different to her home, so different to the Blood Falls - and the glow calmed her somehow. For a split second, Seren felt a peace wash over her and she exhaled heavily, tension flooding out of her for that little moment.

Peace was so hard for her to find and yet, so easily disturbed...

[note] open for anyone to reply to <333 Yus!

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

She looked up from the vibrant glow of emerald grass at the sound of approaching hooves. Concern and unease lined a forehead much too young to carry wrinkles, and turquoise eyes darted quickly from the mouth of the cave to a dark and sheltered corner where her mothers sleeping form lay, blanketed in ebony wings. It wasn't really polite to hush people, especially not strangers she didn't know, but did the walking person have to be so loud? Her mother was ill, affected by the same illness that sent black mucus gliding down her own cheeks and throat. Yet somehow it seemed the sickness was affecting her mother more than herself, and lately the mare had been irritable, tetchy and tormented by even the slightest of sounds.

Erthë had suggested this place as refuge because she believed it would be solitary and quiet - and she had longed to visit again ever since the day she fell down, like an unlikely Alice into the rabbit hole. But for all that the wonderland was wondrous, it sure as hell (oops, sorry mom) wasn't quiet.

Anxiety mingled with annoyance as she studied the horse that entered into the gleaming, glowing cavern. To the young girl, this mare looked quite as painfully brilliant as every other thing in there. Shimmering and gleaming, pulsating with light in a worrying, epileptic way and made her eyes water and burn. The horrible, gaudy effect delayed her ability to process what she saw, and it took longer than usual for her to register the vague familiarity of the face, the dual horns - and the bear skin resting over graceful shoulders.

"Oh! You were there too... in the red forest." Her voice was quiet even as it called out in surprise, hushed and considerate as she stole another glance at her sleeping mother. The Blackbird didn't stir however, seeming to be utterly exhausted, and it made the little hybrid girl breathe a soft sigh of relief.

On dainty cloves she tripped closer to the foreign mare, ears pricked in gentle curiosity. Erthë tried to recall just when she had seen this person during the chaotic battle, an eager smile appearing on youthful lips when she realized that she hadn't been there before the Time God appeared.

"You came through the portal, didn't you?" she murmured, awed as she was wary. "What did it look like on the other side?"

e r t h ë
in every lost soul the bones of a miracle
Image Credit

@Seren - hope you don't mind me crashing this :D

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Seren Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Seren
interstellar
The cool air of the cavern brought a peace to her, and any remaining pain she felt was gone with it. Despite the darkness she saw out of one eye, she could see all the amazing colours before her through the other, marvelling in them, and at the ecosystem that lived down in here, hidden under the ground. It was a wonderful thing to her, to see life blooming and in some manner, it gave her hope – so had the skin across her back.

There had been a sound behind her, and Seren did flinch, she always flinched, ever since that day as a filly, lost in the demon swamp and finding herself before that terrible white snake.

And for a moment she does feel the fear, the one who made the sound was white like she had been, but it quickly settled when Seren remembered she was not where she had been. That time was long past, long gone, and she was safe here.

She had to learn she was safe, and try to never forget it.

So, she attempts to give a weak smile, as she turns her head so her gaze can rest easily on her. She was young, younger than her by far, and curiosity seemed to shine from her very frame.

“Yes, I did...” she says, her voice trailing off. She cocks her scarred head, “It was nothing like this place. It was broken, sick. The Rift was a terrible place, but still better than the one before that...” She says, her voice once again failing as she faded into silence, her eye looking down.

Composing her mind before she looks up again, Seren gives a little sigh. “Forgive me, it is difficult to speak of them for me. My name is Seren...” and she is silent, leaving her name there for the young one to know.

Seren, despite the minor worry in her heart, felt herself relaxing; if those who lived here were like this one, like Crystarius, she may grow to like it in time... and perhaps, find a home she had lost oh so long ago.

@Erthë apologies this is so delayed D: i adore her though <333 It won't be so bad again! <3

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

Wide eyed and intrigued she listened with rapt attention to the mare's reply. It brought to mind what had happened to the red forest up north when the Bear God broke through into Helovia. How the water had turned to blood, how the moss on the ground and the leaves on the boughs above had changed, become twisted and rotted, how the very air had grown thick with foreign scents and undercurrents. Erthë tried to imagine the whole world like that, and the very thought was enough to make her shudder.

"I'm sorry" she said softly, noticing the discomfort in the stranger's voice. "I hope you will like Helovia better - I've never been anywhere else but I still love it."

It was home, after all. Wild and vast, sprawling with magic and wondrous sights, filled to the brim with intriguing riddles and mysteries just beneath the surface of seemingly ordinary things. This world, it had her spell-bound from her first breath of air and Erthë felt no desire to ever leave it behind. What could possibly be better than these deep forests, the vast oceans, every lush meadow or the towering, majestic mountains? She couldn't imagine it, and didn't wish to, either.

Certainly not if the outside world was anything like this Rift.

"Nice to meet you, miss Seren" she replied, once the lady had introduced herself. "I'm Erthë. My mum over there is Shadow... She's not feeling all that well."

Indicating towards the slumbering figure of the black pegasus, she continued to keep her voice low and soft. Every syllable uttered still reverberated within the cavern, but so far they joined the constant murmur of dripping water, creating a soothing lullaby to ease frazzled nerves.

e r t h ë
in every lost soul the bones of a miracle
Image Credit

@Seren

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~