the Rift

[OPEN] the romance of sadness

Imonada Posts: 61
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.1hh :: 3 (Frostfall) HP: 58 | Buff: NOVICE
Byrneve
At first, there was the initial bout wild irrationality that told her that she was just fine, even if there was glossy goo a shade of jungle-green just shy of tar steadily dribbling from both corners of her slanted eyes. But then the taint had spread from the ducts, too, turning the whites of her eyes that same moldy black-moss found rotting in the pit of the forest, with normally onyx irises now a faintly glowing neon-violet. And now it leaks from the corners of her mouth, too, breaking into rivulets as they slip down her jugular before fanning out through the muscled grooves of her breast. Reality had set in then, pulling back the veil of delusion to reveal a starkly contrasted version of reality. She wasn't fine. The new question was whether or not she'd end up fine, but a penchant for pessimism led her thoughts down a path laden with crushed hope. So she had indulged in the way of the grieving, on a massive feast of Cobra's Tongue, ravenous hunger for a cure for that uncomfortable and disabling emotion of despair. One final straw had delivered the blow; she could see an aura around others in varying shades and intensity, but it was only a new illusion of sight, Imonada soon learning she was incapable of interpreting their meaning on even the most fundamental of levels. It jarred her nonetheless. 

Somewhere lost in the elusive, twilight land between awake and dreaming, Imonada finds herself wandering south, following a great cloud of small black butterflies --real or imagined, she didn't even bother attempting to ascertain the truth at this point-- that appeared to her one early evening. She had come upon them perched on the white teacup flowers of a chokeberry bush, her approach startling them--with their subsequent burst into air, she, as well. But they had hovered, as if ready and waiting for her attention, only to float off when they had secured it. Why the hell not?

Traveling deep into the forest, beyond the borders of her new clan's territory, as the vaporous nebulae of fluttering wings wove from winding game trail to game trail, Imonada trails after them like a curious pup. 

The lush garden paradise of the Hidden Falls, with its fragrant silver acacias to lilly pads as large as a horse's torso, ever so slowly concedes sovereignty to a bleaker kingdom. The trees are tall here, but their foliage does not begin until high up where the breeze becomes stuck, leaving eternal stillness beneath, their own canopies so compressed that Imonada quickly sheds any sense of time in the purgatory of gloom. And the trunks, charcoal and burnt coffee, so uniform, soldiers lined up. Although she would be hard-pressed to admit her encroaching sense of vulnerability, she does begin humming. 

Aside from the ghoulish mess all over her face and a general fatigue she could easily attribute to the rough handling life was giving her right now, ...and of course that dense slushy feeling in her lungs, breathing as if for two now, sharing with it the fruits of her toiling- she felt adequate. Enough so for a jaunt through the thicket. How long had it really been? She couldn't be terribly far away. It was so different here, though. Very old things slept beneath her feet, their presence felt within her bones.

Completely unaware of the fact, her humming turns to softly muttered nursery rhymes. "Pippety pew. My mammy me slew, my daddy me ate..." Was that a plaintive howl drawing out somewhere in the woods, both thunderous and mournful? Of course it is. "My sister Kate, gathered all my banes, and laid them between two milk-white stanes." She's whispering to herself now, taking a good look at her surroundings with that hideous gaze while doing so. 

Something was amiss. 

Then it hits her, none too softly. The swarm of butterflies were gone and she could not remember when she had seen them last. I just fell for the oldest faerie trick. Good job, me. 

"So a bird I grew, and away I flew," she sighs, defeatedly.

~

~

POST ALL THE THINGS

@Random Event
elizabeth: you're not telling us everything.
red: let me put your mind at ease; i'm never telling you everything.
--blacklist

force allowed
plotting prior to death/maiming please

[Image: a0jmns.png]
line art by jennyleigh

Panzram Posts: 64
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 8 Tallsuns HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Xyroca

"That's quite the lullaby you're singing..." My voice hissed out from the shadows that had camouflaged my spotted coat, my words coated with a threatening undertone, venomous and nearly mocking as I called out to the petite young girl. From where I stood, I could easily see the feathered lass without revealing my own location, stalking her in from the vegetation. The improved eyesight given to me by this bizarre illness was proving to come in handy. Her twisted nursery rhyme had caught my attention only moments before, beckoning me to follow her to learn of who could have possibly could hum such words without a care. Dark eyes scoured over her body, surprised at just how tiny she was compared to myself, decorated with feathers and wings that were as black as night, matching her coat. My sharp eye lingered on one of her wings, deformed and gnarled at it's base. Was she a flightless bird? 'All the better...

Stepping forward, I forced my way through the last bushes that had concealed me to tower over her while my lips pulled into a smirk. Though she was so very petite, I had seen yearlings larger than her, she was indeed a mare given by the elegant grace and feminine curves. Oh how I wished that the sickness had not taken my sense of smell, stealing the opportunity for me to inhale the sultry scent of a young woman. "A little black bird like yourself should not be wandering a forest like this on your own, you'll never know what kinda of devils you may come across." My sinister gaze settled on the trail of ooze that seeped from her sockets and lips, similar to to the tar that streamed down my own face. Little bird was also infected? "I see you've already come across some dangers untold..." An arrogantly knowing smirk spread across my lips as I stepped closer, tossing my horns to the heavens as I circled around her. "Tell me, little black bird, what brings you to the devil's doorway?"

@Imonada, Panz already has GLL ;D Hope you don't mind his intrusion!
Please tag Panzram in first posts only. Violence and magic can be used on him, just please do not kill or permanently injure/maim.

Byrneve
wear a black crown
state of my mind
everything that i see
is my own lie
don't you see me
as i fall from grace?

~

Imonada's culture had in its posession one particular axiom of philosphy; no creature was one, but two existing in overlapping deminesons. One was the physical self; the bone and the blood and the flesh and hunger and the tears. The other a metaphysical counterpart; the soul, the morality, the thread between the earthly and the godly.

Unfortunately, however, both faces of Imonada's Dyad relinquished their faith in her, distorting, becoming maliciously capricious in the wake of what she dubbed, by virtue of an ancient tongue only taught to highborn children, the "cruaidh sgamhan" for it most hurt in the lungs, so swollen with taint that her ribs sunk deep into the hardened tissue.

Being a little stoned isn't helping. Or is it? I never know with these things.
Someone is here for you.
Ooh??

Suddenly and unceremoniously she emits a loud and sharp laugh, but it sounds like a mechanical, toneless bark as if the poison had muddled the memory of real humor. When Panzram finally reveals himself to her, she is stunned enough that she takes a step back into lucidity. Craning her finely crafted head in an odd, owlish way, she peers at him with florescent rings nearly swallowed up by the torrent of shiny sludge that forces her to weep and weep and weep. His aura, it churned and smoldered like plasma, its colors shifting slowly and subtly from black to red; it was jagged at the edges, too, much like the crown of dark and frozen flame that were his horns -- her version of the, arguably, beneficial accompaniment of their disease. Imonada could not decipher the meaning behind the imagery only she was cursed to bear, but it unsettled her nonetheless. His corporeal form was perhaps even more intimidating; a staggeringly tall and lethal body, sculpted for war and littered in an adornment of scars worn like trophies, certainly. Did he kill anyone for those, I wonder? But it was the deceitfully gentle way he spoke, his beguile a force of corruption, and a careful swagger with it being played like one card, both restrained yet oozing with a promise she wasn't sure she wanted to gamble with, the rest of his hand hidden beneath a salacious grin.

This one is trouble.

"My handlers seem tae ha'e misplaced me," she retorts a matter-of-fact like, taming her dry sarcasm, and her expression remains neutral -- aside from being covered in oily tar. She spins in place, mirroring his body, albeit unsteadily, too tired to dance away from him as she might normally. "Whit of ye?" She murmurs, regal neck lifting back so that she may gaze up at him, a thick tendril of drool --the color of blood so, so black-- collecting at her chin. "Shood a big, bad stallion nae wander aloyn, either?"

His last question ceases her following abruptly. A vague and complex array of emotions passes like ghosts across her features then in that vulnerable moment of being caught off guard, marrying confusion and suspicion. The feathers draped down her throat and chest rise, threatened. Her wings, too, fluff out ever so slightly.

""Twas a fae jest 'at found me here, mind ye. Whit is your reason?"

Despite the potential for some of her words and questions to be loaded, they lack the inflection or passion necessary.

~

oh oh, lady's a liar
'cause you know she didn't even fight
as i do every day
'cause i'm a weak child
she wore a black crown
like so
saw a halo with a devilish glow

@Panzram
--blacklist

force allowed

line art by jennyleigh

Xyroca

Handlers? Was this little bird already someone's pet? Clearly, she was not the most obedient of sorts if she was 'misplaced' so easily, so much like my own lost pet that I had given up on. Morphine. Her very name sent an angry shudder down my spine, my muscles clenching as the memory of her perfect physique flashed through my mind. Despite all my efforts, it seems that my phantom still haunted me, taunting me with her ability to so easily shake me off her trail. This little bird was so different from her, at least in appearance. But her choice of words sent my ears pinning back into my shaggy mane, upper lip pulling back with a silent snarl as the bird mirror my movements.

"The dark and all the malicious creatures that may hide in it's shadows do not scare me, I have no fear of wandering alone, it's where I belong after all." I ignored the strange way she talked, chalking it up to the fact that she may have come from a different land with a different language. The shift of her body language did not go unnoticed by my keen eye, the corner of my lips pulling back into a satisfied smirk as her feathers began to puff out. It was amusing, to say the least, this tiny little black bird getting her feathers in a fluff already over some simple words. When she attempted to question me in return, I could not surpress the chuckle that rumbled out from my throat. Oh, this could not have been any more pleasant for me. "My reason? I need no reason, do you expect me to believe that I have come across a devil as well?"

The tone was sarcastic, mocking her own flat words that lacked any weight in them. I would call her out on her hollow bluff, I would see this young bird crack and snap beneath my own abilities. "You are no devil or witch, not even a demon's whore. A little bird, that is what you are, trying so hard to stand up to the snake that has found you grounded with a gimp wing." I sneered, tossing my crown towards her as I closed in some of the distance between us to point out her mangled appendage. "Though, I admire a woman who thinks she could pull such a feat against me, and I have seen them before. However, you are not one of those women, Little Bird. " The cold words were hissed out with a lash of my tail, teeth snapping sharp on her new pet-name as tar and saliva dripped from my lips.

Please tag Panzram in first posts only. Violence and magic can be used on him, just please do not kill or permanently injure/maim.

Byrneve

Even without a hyper-focus --albeit, a wayward one-- from that ungodly anathema lodged in her lungs, she'd be keen to notice the subtle way his body tenses; once a confidant swagger now vibrates with a new tension, the spark a visible tremor that races up his spine with a spidery, skittering crawl. The way his skin flinches under the onslaught fascinates Imonada and the ever-watchful trees around them seem to disburse into the shadows, contracting and blurring as the stallion demands her attention.

He's not playing, child.
No, I don't think so.

Her long, silky ears swivel and lay back into thick tresses as a mirror of his own. "Is 'at so?" She mutters quietly in response; there, a personal inflection finally replaces what was once words as lifeless and flat as a barren planet, unfathomably far away, now trembling with vitality. Her voice warm and smooth, a frothy cappuccino from that sweet little shop on the corner where the barista draws hearts and birds into the foam, a soprano with notes on a richer and darker end. Laced within is veiled apprehension, steadily organizing into a construct of fear, buffered with serenity she did not necessarily feel in wake of his comparatively volatile etiquette. His own language, in staggering contrast, thunderous and growling with the promise --the glowing lure-- of wild, indomitable, roaring storms.

Tightening her wings further against her as if a shield to deflect his harsh words, Imonada imperceptibly cants her lovely head to the side, brows etched, hideous purple-ringed eyes  --endlessly weeping-- narrowed in suspicion. While many others have lost their wits to the infectious lung rot, hers has remained somewhat intact; the downside, not to mention the obvious, was how her reality seemed to shift from one infinite point of divine sensation to the next in a hazy crawl.

"How can one be sae sure?" There is not much of a challenge in her tone; a bit incredulous, maybe awed, but more of a genuine inquiry from that insatiable curiosity that beats to the rhythm of her own lifeblood. It shortly becomes clear she has difficulty maintaining eye contact with him, her gaze flitting about his wall of a body like startled little fish.

"I ne'er ance imagined I would best ye. Truth be told, I did nae realize we were in a game!" With a pearl-bearing --and what a set of teeth they are, market's favorite-- grimace, his sudden and now immediate proximity compels her to rear up halfheartedly in a motion to turn herself away from him, quite ready to trot off hotly. The jet banner of thick hair that is her tail cocked, its stream a whirlwind of floating ink in fine calligraphic strokes against their bodies both as she twists.

@Panzram
--blacklist

force allowed

line art by jennyleigh

Xyroca

"Oh, but of course you're in a game Little Bird...All of life's nothing but a simple game, the complexity depends on the players. The question is not whether or not you are in a game, it is whether or not you are the player, or the pawn." As the little black black bird got her feathers in a ruffle, trying to rear up and flee from the situation, I pinned my ears with anger. "Ah-ah-ah!" My taunting voice scolded just before I reached forward to snatch at the banner that she unintentionally (or maybe, intentionally?) waved in my face. Teeth bared as I aimed to yank her back to me, her petite frame turned away from me and her back exposed dangerously. Why yes, this was a fun game after all. With a mouthful of her tail, my nares flared to send a breath of hot air over her rump, deliberately pointing out to her the mistake that she made.

What foolish child would turn their back to a predator, thinking they could simply walk away unscathed? Indeed, this little bird was a pawn in my game of sinful intentions. It mattered not to me what she thought she was, nor how brave she imagined herself to be. I would break her down, ensare her in my traps and beat her into submission if need be. "I don't believe that I gave you permission to leave." The dark words were hissed as I spat out her tail, auds firmly pinned into the tangles of my mane as I stared her down from behind, daring her to make a move against me.

From here, I could see every angle of her tiny little frame with the enhanced eyes that this God-forsaken illness had given me, towering over her from behind from our sheer height difference alone. The way each strand of hair fell down over the nape of her neck, the gentle beat of her pulsing veins underneath the ebony silk of her coat, the tension of her muscles trembling with each movement, the rises and dips of the curves of her body, the way her wings tucked close to her body and the way each feather snugly held onto the next. Now that she was released from my physical grip, my lips trailed along her flank, up her spine and towards her wings and leaving a trail of the black tar wherever I touched. "Y'know, it's a shame about these wings...To already be subjected to the life of a mutant is one thing Little Bird, but to have one of them be so...grotesquely misshapen...Such a pity. I could always even them out for you. Or even resolve you of them completely."

OOC: Sorry for the wait! If you want me to change anything let me know, I went by your signature saying that some force is allowed but I can change it if you'd like.

Byrneve

It didn't occur to Imonada that he'd take a mouthful of her tail and YANK, but he certainly did; her fore feet barely hit the ground when she feels a strong, hearty tug that reels her back with a choked squeak dying in her throat. She cannot help but react involuntarily; her wings snap open in his face with a great whoosh of warm air, loose feathers exploding around them both in a shower of black velvet. With great effort of gritting teeth she suppresses the hot desire to smash his jaw open with a well-timed buck --she was still a good few hundred kilograms of large, frightened mammal-- and instead, bravely, reigns her errant wings back in, although they sit at an angle that betrays how tense and ready she is... for whatever he's about to toss her way. As he lets go the halo of feathers around them cease their swinging arch toward the ground as they gently land upon it, and she still doesn't budge for a good moment, but eventually begins to turn around with an atmospherically conflicting demeanor of grace and cool control, even if she still trembles with anxiety and prey-fear. And yet she laughs when she faces him, a breathy and light sound that belies the nature of the situation she's found herself in. "Truth be told, I was under the impression games were fun."

She has nothing to say to his comment about permitting her to leave; her only reaction is to drop her gaze from his, noticing a broken branch stuck in the mud, its endpoint ridiculously sharp. But she glances away from it before she lingers suspiciously long, returning to his fine form. Her own sickness reflected in ink-weeping eyes with amethyst irises glowing alien bright, the dark goo draining down the side of her once-delicate face occasionally withering in strings as if harboring life onto itself. She is being consumed from within, but that foreboding aura of his is encompassing, crowding her, wiping away their surroundings, devouring them until nothing but he exists in this private pocket of time. Unseen, a blush blooms across her cheeks and heats her insides.

Shy under his appraisal, she waits it out, sneaking covert glances at his own body with rampant greed. He was violently handsome and not the least bit safe, far bigger than her, cutting the most imposing figure she'd ever seen at this point in her life. Not even her father's general could compete with him. Shivering, she remembers Panzram's breath across her backside.

Interestingly, some of her defenses drop a bit, even as an electric current travels along under her abnormally sensitive skin where he drags his mouth with a possessive touch, forcing a lovely quiver in the muscles of her lean backside and charging her inside out. He had ample strength and opportunity to hurt her, yet all he did was use it to control her. That little lurid, shadowy part of her soul was on fire with intrigue. He was not behaving as expected in many ways, turning into a puzzle that distracted her from the burden of infection. "I don't want that," she says petulantly. She was certainly easy in the right hands; perfectly malleable, sick or not.

Portrait template base by Wild-Hearts

*Grah!! I am sorry, too. I had a hectic week but I am back!
--blacklist

force allowed

line art by jennyleigh

Xyroca

Her breathy laugh surprises me as she whips around with a sudden sense of control, facing any conflict head on as she speaks with words that gave away just how weak she was beneath my steely gaze. "Oh? Are you not having any fun?" I'll admit, the petite little mare was proving to be more courageous than I had initiallygiven her credit for. Although that was not to say that I admired the Little Bird's bravery, her feigned cooperation merely a mask that she wore for reasons that were unknown to me. Perhaps she was actually trying to prove that she was more than just a pawn in my game? It mattered not to me whether or not she was having fun in this twisted scene of events, for I was greatly entertained.

Little Bird did nothing to defy my selfish gaze, hungry eyes taking note of the small shudders of her muscles, a mischievous smile lurking on my lips as I appreciated her trembles. Oh what other ways could I make this Little Bird quiver? Devilish fantasies began to flash through my mind, sinister desires that painted a bloody masterpiece burned into my brain and clawed at my flesh just begging to be made into a reality. My ears burned with the ache to hear her screams, a compilation of fear and desire, of despair and defiance, a private melody that could would kindle the fires of the devil's hearth that was my soul. Feeling her flesh quake as my lips traced the curves of her bodice, driving myself further under her skin with every touch, every word that coiled around her like a snake constricting it's prey, she speaks. A rejection of my offer, a refusal to my command that should have sent a dagger of irritation into my infected emotions but instead brought on a flare of heat in my loins.

Still close to her body, I tucked my chin to let the tip of my flame shaped horn replace the touch of my lips. Ever so gently, I pressed forward into the nape of her neck, relishing in the resistance of her muscles and daring to pierce her should she make the wrong move. Little Bird would be far from the first to add her blood to my horn, further adorning my crown with the rubies of her life source. "Is that so? Then tell me, Little Bird. What do you want?" The temptation in my own deep voice was heavy in the air, attempting to coax out the shivers that ran down her spine and trigger the very instincts that kept her here for this long. Fear and panic could only do so much to keep a mare in my control, hypnotized by the threatening language of my body and the promises of an extinguished future dancing on my tongue. But there was always more to it than that.

Call it seduction, curiosity, hormonal instincts, rebelling against the norm...Call it whatever you wished, there was usually something that kept a mare like Little Bird around, because it was when the fear took over...That was when they would flee, that was when they would make the mistake of turning their backs to me and begging for their salvation. Their terror would always end up their demise while their curiosity over my allurement trapped them like a fly in my web, a toy for me to play with, a pet for me to keep around for the sake of my own entertainment. Whether she realized it or not, Little Bird was quickly becoming one of those mares, even when she thought I was long gone.

@Imonada - Panz is taking over, he's past my control now, lol.

Byrneve

She sees nothing but the inferno of his aura, twisting like dark ribbons around him with ghostly caress, but the power of his presence leaves a mark etched into the very fabric of space between them; she need not see, or smell, or hear, even if she was wanton for her old reliable senses..., for she felt him, every hard inch of his body. She saw him in her mind, spotted blanket and lovely raven hair. He looks otherworldly to her in reality, phantom-like, having ascended or descended she did not know; although hazarding a guess, she would label him a demon by all accounts. A wicked one. A fallen one, maybe.

"What do I want?" Her voice has a faraway, dreamy quality to it. Muffled, lost. She takes her time considering the answer to his question, mulling over it, analyzing the weight of it upon her tongue. To see if she likes her choice. To see if it fits. "So many things," she rasps, thick oily drivel gnashing against the backs of porcelain teeth and dribbling down an otherwise feminine chin. Under his ministrations she becomes pliable, leaning toward the darkness of his larger frame, feeling smaller and more wonderful by the moment. Where the tip of his sharp horn pricks against her sensitive skin, a torrent of shivers races outward from that point. She feels it so singularly, her wild perception honing and magnifying it to umpteen degree; for one blinding moment she believes he has even cast spell, because something was certainly being done to her. What did she want? Him, of course, engaging her on a very primal level; but her face burned and her gaze, suppressed by his authority and peculiar brand of rhetoric, stared fixedly upon his own beautiful tail, luxurious white and as rich as spring in Hidden Falls. An admission of such desire, especially for someone still a stranger in her book, was unlikely to happen so readily.

She knows she must provide an answer, so she responds plainly and obediently, opting to offer him something of substance; a sliver of her black-feathered anima, gambling, not knowing what she has earned in return, if anything. "I want to be needed. I'm an amorphous soul, forever outside, looking in. Greatness has not been foretold in my stars." She is careful to mask the emotions vying for control, layering her words with a stony wryness; revealing only a glimpse, a peak behind the curtain, into loathing and wretchedness. He had done so well; one-dimensional brutality left her hollow and cold, while those who utilized their full repertoire of tools were undeniably more effective, more raw, more savage. There was connect and challenge in second-guessing, where routine grew a hardened and unfeeling shell. She feared him, certainly, but the intrigue he summoned surpassed that. And his thrall over her, it produced its own exhilarating high not unlike those she artificially induced. Her lips tingled beneath the sludge and she felt a pull from him, a force that sang to her own, a siren's call for shore's she'd gladly shipwreck herself upon. All sense of time having faded away, the background shrouded. She was the girl that tiptoed down the steps when she heard a noise, instead of hiding under the covers. She peered into shadows; they looked right back.

They both yearned to know each other's scent, the void of it crushing. "What do you want?"

Pixel template base by BronzeHalo

@Panzram

*oh hello
--blacklist

force allowed

line art by jennyleigh

Xyroca

The mare surprises me by her distant voice, the far off look in her eyes that showed just how seriously she was taking my question into consideration. My auds flicked forward with intrigue, tousled forelock falling over my delicate ears as I tilted my crown ever so slightly. 'I want to be needed.' I could hardly suppress my snort, dark eyes rolling back as she spoke of how greatness was never foretold for her. What a ridiculous aspiration to uphold oneself, to be "needed." There were plenty of souls that considered themselves 'needed' in this world, yet those are the ones that are so easily replaced. To allow yourself to be deluded into thinking that you could even possibly be "needed" was to allow yourself to admit that if you died the next day, you'd be replaced. A foal can find another mare with child should it's mother die, an empty rank can be filled by the next qualified applicant from the dozens in line, a so-called loyal mate will bed the next hot piece of ass they see as soon as they realize you will no longer be in the picture. To be needed was nothing more than a phrase to keep one placated into doing what others wished, just as easily as I could say that I needed to feel this mare beneath me.

She turns the conversation around on me, just before I could raise my lips with a sneer, she redeems herself by returning the question towards me. The sneer quickly transitions back into the familiar smirk as I lifted my crown, at last pulling the tip of my horn away from her while still keeping my distance within striking range. "To be wanted. I want to be craved with desperation that evokes borderline obsession, I want to embed myself so deeply into the minds of my pets that from every shadow they peer into they find themselves hoping, wishing, praying to their gods that I will step out for them. At the same time, begging for the sake of their own sanity that I will never haunt them again. I understand the desire to be needed, but anyone that is needed is easily replaced. To be wanted, desired, coveted in ways that the mind of a victim struggles to even comprehend...That, Little Bird, is an accomplishment."

The entire time I spoke, my hooves took agonizingly slow and sure-footed steps, deliberately pressing the sides of my barrel against the tucked wing of woman while I made my steps behind her. At any moment, she had ample opportunity to make a daring attempt to escape or even attack me, but my dark, oozing gaze kept locked with her own. "I get the feeling you want more than you are leading on, Little Bird..." Mentally I swore at the Gods for cursing me with this sickness that had stolen away my sense of smell, ears pinning back with frustration that I could not take in a deep breath of her intoxicating scent. Another day, I would be sure to find this Little Bird again, imprint her perfume in my mind. I waltzed behind her, swinging my rear around so that I was now standing behind her with my chin hovering over her flanks. Tucking my crown just slightly to paint her side with the sludge that drooled down my face, lips dancing along with a gentle nibble before giving a sharper nip without warning, I rumbled deeply. "Now Little Bird..." I stepped forward once, bumping my muscular chest against her tail with slight force while the heat within me ignited into a burning flame. "Do you want me?"

I gave her only seconds to answer, and it would only take one word.

@Imonada

Byrneve

When he pulls back, she is bereft, shivering anew for an entirely different reason this time; a wounded chick she is, she feels it in the gut and she yearns toward him, a flower toward the sun, but something in her demeanor shifts, and she begins closing herself off. Where once she subconsciously stretched her lean body for him to admire, it withdraws back into a posture that is vaguely defensive. So her admission had stricken him with a sort of disgust-- she senses it, either otherworldly or in his chilliness. It stings; she had opened to him under the sway of his power, his dominance, his animal magnetism, but as weaknesses are wont to do it made her complacent. He charmed the recklessness in her, aided by this awful disease that made him glow like a fallen angel. She bites down hard on the inside of her cheek; the tangy, coppery taste of blood fills her mouth, but miraculously the only change in her expression is the slight narrowing of her eyes, two half-moon of imperial purple slits lost in the veil of darkness.

Despite the room to strike, she does not. There is no aggression in her bearing, only the wariness she first greeted him with, minus the cheekiness.  She was by no means a pacifist, but her inclination was not toward that of a violent nature, even if it thrilled her to see in others. Gifted, but burdened with empathy; her eyes soften as they regard him calmly, listening to his answer. His words made her ache all over again; they didn't sound like something so trifling as a fickle want, but an oath, his vision of the destiny laid before him--only to him it wouldn't be destiny, would it? He would carve his own path, she was sure, with nothing so intangible as the concept of divine foretell to his credit. "I cannot argue there," she begins, after she is positive he is done, "What about both?"

It's a question unlikely to be answered, for he, with agonizing slowness, slips back around behind her and pushes his hard ridged chest against her rump. She jolts in place from the sensation and excitement, the heat pooling inside of her belly, telling her to push back the curve of her ear to fit so perfectly against him in a nameless language spoken by all the living, breathing, shitting, breeding, dying creatures of this world. Did she want him? Yes! A thousand times yes. It made her weak. Whatever he wanted, it didn't matter--she would let him have it. No, he'd take it, regardless. But if she just gave in, she knew in that time however long it may be she could numb to her mind. From the sickness, the fear, the hatred, the open memory. He would take her old familiar pain, her only constant, and replace it something new, brighter, hotter, hot enough to melt away her flesh and all its burden. Strip her to the most primal, the most basic, her only need, her only want, to consume and be consumed by him.

A heavy pang of doubt sinks down into her, cooling the flame of her desire. She'd been hurt before, most by the loss of someone she could not have been closer to. If she ripped open her heart any more it would be easy pickings for a vulture like him--what if she fell further into his molten, commanding gaze? What if she drowned? He would hurt her one way or another, but that isn't what scared her the most; what if she'd come crawling back for more? He would break her to dust if she let him. Sudden rage fueled by her illness ignites her paranoia and its a hot iron lance splitting apart her dreamy seduction. She sees it for what it is; with a sudden tensing of her well-exercised muscles she lashes out at him, trying to land a crushing back-kick into his knee. Whether or not she succeeds, she quickly distances herself from him. "I need to go," she growls and breaks off, running into the night like a wraith with a speed that would give the devil pause.

Even if she did not like to fight, there was nothing in heaven or earth that was not a tool for her to use.

"Talk."

@Panzram

Ok I am closing this thread if that's okay with you, and will make another <3
--blacklist

force allowed

line art by jennyleigh