the Rift

[OPEN] castaway [hidden falls recruitment]

Evaneska Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Your quote can go here!
what if it's two lines?
Halcyon Flats. Breathtaking, indescribable beauty. Like an enchanted land pulled from a thread of a woven story. Above the sun cast light that arced into an array of colors on the water's surface. Everything pure and clean, untouched by the prior wicked taint. Optical illusions enraptured and whispered of a blissful innocent. Stay here. Where it's safe. Where heaven touches the earth.

Dim, somber, grim: all touches of lifeless grey had been washed away and breathed life into. Just before it was dying. The lands cried in agonizing pain, the creatures singing sad songs of mourning. The horrors of the darkened flats were chased away by the blazing sun. But wasn't it true that there could be no light without shadows? An underlying threat still lingered in this place. Perhaps a mere memory that attached to the brain, or perhaps it wasn't. What secrets did this mirage hold?

Warm sand embraced her, caressing her aching body with smooth and gentle hands. The dappled mare stared at the water with a growing distance. She grumbled at the pegasus looking back at her; a pegasus that lacked grand, proud wings. Instead her small wings were now draped over her face, her reflection being replaced by the downy feathers.

She was too tired to stand. Years of abuse remained chained to her, the heavy weight a reminder of everything. If only she had the lock. If she was free from her past would she be able to experience the beauty that surrounded her? They say your past is what shapes you, but hers at done nothing but whittle at her spirit. She was exhausted and incapable of going on any further.

Instead she laid away from the crowd that threatened to suffocate her. The dull maiden didn't move, didn't even fidget. She had no where to go. Though she had been rescued she did not feel saved. While she possessed undying respect for the God whom brought her here but she couldn't understand why she was here.

In the grand scheme of things did she have a role? Or was she to be the jester - the fool - once more? Did she have a place in this new world?

"Talk?"

ooc hoping someone from the falls could recruit her??? :3
image credits

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

Hold me 'cause I'm sure I'm hated
Promises, they are overrated
Wait just a while, while I'm

It seemed no threat was to follow the God of the Sun, a most comforting fact. He had proclaimed there was to be no bloodshed on this day, words that were both relieving and yet almost discomforting to hear. Was Helovia still in danger of these other Gods? Gods from an entirely different world?

A trill from Suli and a chirp from Merlin was all it took to pull my mind away from such dark thoughts. 'Explore,' came Merlin's voice, soft and childish through the bond. A smile tugged at my face as I cast bister eyes unto him. Only recently had the black dragon been able to speak through the bond, and though his phrases were short and simple, he seemed to be taking to the ability rather quickly.

"Let's," I spoke aloud, and with that, the three of us set off to explore the Helovia's newest land, the Halcyon Flats.

... Although, honestly, there was very little to see. As breathtaking as the landscape was, the white sands stretching endlessly before me, the sky a picture painted perfectly against the watery canvas, there truly was nothing more to see. No foliage grew here, no cover from enemies or the elements was present, and as far as I could see, no wildlife.

But as we continued, a figure became visible up ahead. For a moment I thought it might be a boulder of sorts, considering the color and size, but it was Suli who flew ahead with considerable caution that confirmed otherwise. It was no boulder I was looking at, but another equine.

Curiosity struck my features and caused my brows to furrow. What a strange place to bed down; were they alright, whoever they were?

Quickening my pace, I approached, slowing once I was close so that I might not present myself as a form of danger. Once again a smile curled the corners of my lips upward, this time offered to the mare, and as I settled into a halt, both Suli and Merlin perched on the crest of my neck, draconic eyes fixed on her. There were no injuries from what I could see, at least none of the physical type.

"Evening, miss," I speak, dipping my head to her. When I continue, there's a note of concern laced between my words, and my eyes soften. "Is everything alright?"

Drowning in denial
image credits

Unregistered
Your quote can go here!
what if it's two lines?
"Evening, miss," Words of greeting made the dirty speck wish that the sand wound turn into quicksand. Whether it was to be her tomb or a momentarily place to hide she did not care. She simply wanted to disappear from view, to vanish from scrutinizing eyes. A piece of trash washed ashore on the otherwise spotless coast. If she held still long enough would owner of the deep voice leave? The mare held perfectly still as if she were turned to stone. Her breathing became shallow, hardly noticeable, as her muscles contracted in tight knots.

He wasn't leaving.

A small sigh escaped her mouth. She'd much rather be left alone with the dark clouds that gathered above her head and rained gloomy thoughts. A single question was asked. A pleasantry that made her squirm. "Is everything alright?" Kindness burned like harsh fire. In her heart she knew she did not deserve such hospitality directed towards her. Hell, even her brain knew it. Ever since she had took her first breath she had been a failure. A bottom feeder such as herself had no right to speak to those that had long walked these lands.

From teal curtains bright blue eyes engulfed by the void stared up at the stallion. She opened her mouth, still hidden beneath her feathers, but no words came out. Did she lie and say everything was alright? Or did she admit the truth? But if she did the latter surely he would simply run, rolling his eyes at her for daring to go "oh woe is me".

"Overwhelmed." The words were raspy and soft. Near inaudible that the wind narrowly blew them away in a moments breath. The four year old looked aged beyond her ears as she finally let her wings fall to the ground. "The portal.. I was one of the guests" - or in her case pests - "to arrive through the magnificent savior's portal."

Admitting this, albeit obvious, was hard. She had seen the way some of the horses looked at her. Like the heavenly golden angel whom bared a resemblance to her but lacked all the imperfections. She swallowed through a lump in her throat. "My name is Evaneska. I am sorry for getting in your way." Her words were slow, each one dragging as if she was constantly deciding what to speak. Evaneska did not stand nor rise 'fore if she tried she'd surely fall flat on her face in front of this stranger.

She could not help but peer at the dragons clinging to the stallion. An odd picture yet not nearly as strange as half the things she had seen while in the Rift.

@Destrier
image credits

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

A muffled snort escaped the stallion's lips as he plodded reluctantly away from home following his ever so persistent pest of a feline. It had been days since he had left the borders of the Falls to get out and actually do something productive so leave it to Kiara to drag him off on some wild goose chase. This time it had better not be a literal goose chase as the last episode of happening upon such waterfowl had not turned out so well for the goose. Feathers had flown everywhere as Kiara decided it would be a great idea to hunt down the poor bird for a little midday snack. It was hardly something even remotely appetizing in his opinion but what more could you expect a carnivore to eat out here. Sure there was grass and leaves and all that but those options were not exactly on the menu as far as Kiara was concerned. Picking up the pace a little bit to close the distance between him and his bonded the landscape suddenly seemed to change before his eyes. Where there had once been water now lay a completely different landscape that seemed to pop up sometime within the last couple weeks. "What is this place?" he asked looking down to his bonded who now stood beside him. "I thought you would know.." she replied gazing out over the Flats with more concern. It made no sense how something could just appear overnight without anything being here previously.

Venturing further inland the pair explored as they searched for clues that might explain what had happened here. Twisting his ears as voices caught his attention the dappled warrior turned to go see who might be wandering about. "Why there wings on head? They fly?" Kiara questioned speculatively as the new mare and stallion came into her view. It took a minute for the grey to process the rather odd mare before the strange placement of her wings came into view. "No idea, but don't scare her this time just stay with me." He replied silently hoping for once she would not get carried away. She was not a little tiny ball of fur anymore so often he would forget just how young Kiara still was when it came to certain situations such as greeting strangers. Being a tiger she still didn't exactly realize that not everyone took kindly to a large predator running up to them with unknown intentions. It definitely caused some rather unique reactions... leaving him to try and explain that his beloved tiger would not actually harm them. Slowing his pace as he approached the winged mare and Destrier he wickered softly in greeting so as not to startle them. Kiara followed silently a number of paces back still unsure about the wing head lady and what to make of her. Dipping his head in a formal greeting to both as he drew up beside Destrier he smiled as he lowered his head so as to seem shorter than he actually was.
"Hello there miss. Do either of you know how exactly a chunk of earth just appears out of thin air?" He asked taking a moment to look around them before his silver eyes fell back to the maiden. "Please forgive my intrusion, my name is Ciceron."

Ciceron talks
Thinking
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @Destrier , @Evaneska •• NOTES: Hope you guys don't mind another. ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Unregistered
Your quote can go here!
what if it's two lines?
Under the weight of the stallion's eyes she nervously shifted her weight from side to side. Head still hung low her own gaze cautiously peeked up at the two dragons that sat on the dark brute. Their eyes fixated on her she squirmed even more but her curiosity remained. To have such wild beasts seemingly tamed.. How was that possible? Her mind searched throughout her memories for any prior examples of this. The only dragon she had ever seen - fore they were a rare species where she resided - had been incredibly hostile.

Of course, she wasn't counting Thantos: her dear friend and master. The draconian equine was born from dragon and horse. He was an incredible sight to behold. His wings reached great bounds and his red scales glistened like burning embers. Not to mention he had never tried to eat her so that was a plus. Someone with such a wicked appearance had.. surprisingly always been kind to her. She felt ashamed for how she avoided him like the bubonic plague now. A faithful servant would be back by his side and she had nothing but respect for him, but still she found herself gazing at him from a distance. Perhaps the teal dappled mare had yet to fully accept that this was all real.

A voice abruptly pulled her from her thoughts. One, two, three.. eight eyes now watched her and she wished she could shrink to a microscopic size. Instinctively she took a step back. She knew nothing of this land thus everything could be a threat. They acted nice, but what if it was a guise? Back in her homeland everyone had an underlying motive. They were constantly scheming. To think the inhabitants of this land were the same was a rather pessimistic view but she preferred to consider it realistic.

"Ciceron." she tested, the name rolling smoothly off her tongue. "I am Evaneska." His question made her think. Did he truly know nothing of the happenings of this world? Thantos had told her that this very scenario had occurred before. The idea of the word not being spread around like wildfire was one hard to accept. Still she decided to oblige his question.

"The burning savior - a God of your land - transported our land to this realm." She frowned. That hardly made sense. Then again none of this made sense. "From my point of view.. This land used to be corrupted and tainted in my homeland." she offered. "What I thought was a mirage appeared before me when there. It showed an image of what you see now.. a beautiful wonderland. This mirage turned out to be a portal." Was that explanation understandable? "I have heard rumors that this has happened before from my friend. That the Gods of this land are seemingly expanding this.. this Helovia. While they might not mean to, their actions are also saving the residence of 'The Rift', as they have dubbed it. I suppose I am living proof."

@Ciceron

image credits

The beauty before him was definitely a sight for sore eyes that he had already forbid himself to even think about it in that light. Having so much taken from him already in the blink of an eye he was unsure if he would ever be able to move on and trust another on that level ever again. Too much of him had gone her in the end which made it seem almost pointless to ever try to love again. "You always have me." Kiara stated making an affectionate chuffing noise as she rubbed her head up against his leg as she strolled past towards the strange bird like thing. Remembering her promise not to cause any trouble she paused a few feet away from the mare before sitting down and wrapping her long tail around her side. It was interesting to see such a strange oddity and she wanted to know as much about it as she possibly could before she either gave her approval or decided not to like the creature. No one was going to hurt her grey again if she had anything to say about it.

Observing with reserved tension the warrior watched Kiara move closer silently praying that this would not scare the poor girl to death considering she was already nervous.
"It is very nice to meet you miss Evaneska. This here is Kiara, but you have no need to worry about her. She is harmless, well to you anyway." He explained soft laughter touching his tone at the little white lie. Kiara wasn't exactly harmless for he had witnessed some rather disturbing things watching her hunt. As long as the girl didn't turn into a rabbit, pheasant, or some other small prey she would be absolutely fine.

As the discussion continued his ears perked forward listening to each and every detail of her story of the events that had torn this place apart. Having secluded himself away for awhile he had only heard rumours of such events but had believed them to be merely fictional stories made to entertain the children. Well apparently he was wrong for here he was standing hock deep in water smack dead in the middle of some new foreign landscape.
"If what you have said is the truth I do not doubt that there will be more strange lands popping up bringing along their own challenges. I am glad you and the others made it out though for no one deserves to suffer in the hands of corruption." His silver gaze made its way across the endless sand only to drop off at the ocean once more. It must have been the Sun God that had appeared here before them but why would they keep such a thing a secret from the rest of them? Plenty of warriors lived here to defend their home if it was help that they needed all they needed to do was ask. Something fishy was a rie and it sure wasn't the fish.

"Would you consider coming home with us to the Falls? We can at least offer you safety within our borders as well as a secure home." Returning his gaze to that of the mare he smiled warmly not wanting her to be afraid.

Ciceron talks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @Evaneska , @Destrier •• NOTES: ••

[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Unregistered
Your quote can go here!
what if it's two lines?
Being absorbed in one owns thoughts often led to lack of awareness to the real world. It wasn't until a flash of white caught her attention that she noticed the white tiger. Her blood ran cold as it approached her. It hadn't attacked this Ciceron character - why? It was like with the dragons. Tamed? The fear of not understanding the situation made her anxiety surge even more. She glanced back and forth from Ciceron to the tiger. Kiara, right? Her posture drooped as she was keen to show submission to the mighty predator. While he stated she was harmless she imagined the tiger's teeth easily ripping apart her skin. Yeah.. Better safe than sorry.

"Hello Kiara.." Was that the appropriate thing to say? Could the tiger understand her? Of course she probably could - what was she thinking? Equines weren't the only intelligent animals. She wanted to ask why all of these normally feral creatures were so docile but she didn't wish to insult those that could easily kill her. Evaneska's actions did nothing to relax the undeniable tension that condensed the air.

"Perhaps.." she murmured albeit mostly to herself. Was this place really untouched by corruption? Didn't its dark grasp greedily reach for something to turn into a puppet. Like a leader of a herd, corrupted by power. Not only that but she had to wonder how many survivors weren't left scarred by the Rift. There was no telling what their mindset was. Hell, Evaneska could hardly process what her own mindset was let alone some strangers. "Whether we were brought her by accident or for a purpose has yet to be determined. For all I know we are unwanted visitors in these rich lands."

Come home? With them? Her eyes grew wide as these words entered her ears. As if they were scrambled or spoken in a foreign language her brain spent a long time mulling them over. How could someone who barely know her ask such a question. Was it a trap? The mare remained cautious with a hint of suspicion bubbling in her chest. However this didn't stop her curiosity. "What are these Falls you speak of?"

Evaneska pondered to herself. Being alone for so long had left a toll. Now she enjoyed being alone yet always felt lonely. A confusing contradiction. A safe asylum sounded nice but how could she be sure she was able to trust this stallion with his smooth talking lips? "What is your homeland like?" Evaneska addressed both Destrier and Ciceron with this question. The more opinions the better.. even if they were probably biased.

@Ciceron @Destrier

image credits

It was saddening to watch the young girl's fearful prose as she mulled over the questions he had presented her with. What had made her become so..so untrusting? This Rift that she spoke of must have been quite a horrible place to inflict such emotional trauma upon a seemingly innocent mare. Whether or not the girl was innocent or not mattered little to him as he tried to imagine a world through the limited descriptions he was given. How many others still suffered there? The thought was disheartening when he knew so little about what this Rift place was, perhaps they might be able to find another portal to rescue more of its inhabitants from the dreaded place. If he could help in any way he would be sure to volunteer his services to whatever party decided to act.

While her bonded was busy mulling over the newest gibberish that she really hadn't paid attention to Kiara sat studying the strange wing like things fastened to the mare's head. Surely they were too small to carry her weight so what purpose did they serve? Imagining the woman trying to take flight was quite comical considering her head would be in the sky while the rest of her hung uselessly underneath. That would definitely be a sight to see, a hovering pinata. Imagine all the fun things that would come spilling out should someone give it a whack, not that she would do that or anything. Turning her icy blues to the mare's face as her name was mentioned she sat wondering what she expected her to do. Being the highly civilized species that she was she would never stoop to those of the canine and prance around like an idiot or sit up on her hind feet, shake a paw, pathetic if you asked her. Instead she returned the response with slight dip of her head like what she had watched her bonded do many times.

Listening as Evaneska continued to explain what she could of the situation that had brought her to Helovia he did feel bad for her. As she described herself as an unwanted guest a frown crossed his face not liking the expression one bit.
"You were brought here for a reason. You are not unwanted, please don't look at things like that. It is tough coming into a world that is foreign but eventually things will get better. If you want me to help you need only ask." He replied warmly trying to reassure the timid mare as best as he knew how. Indecision again crossed the girl's expression as she contemplated the offer he had put forth. He did hope that she wouldn't turn him down and accept the help that was being offered but he could not force her if she wanted something different. This was her choice, he could not interfere with it. Hope began to poke around in his mind as the next words were not a no but rather asking for more information. "The Hidden Falls is where both I and Destrier reside. It is one of the four herds here in Helovia but by far the best." Chuckling softly he had to put some favouritism in there just for fun. "Within the herd land you will be safe from any harm, as we have warriors who regularly patrol the lines. I am one of them and so is Destrier along with numerous others. There are many different jobs that can be taken on if someone wishes such as crafting, healing, spies and all that fun stuff." Pausing to give Evaneska a chance to process the novel he had just spewed out he tried to condense what was left into something simple so it didn't seem complicated. Shifting his weight to a hind leg he rested the other quite enjoying this conversation as a welcome reprieve from the rest of the crap going on.

"Descriptive wise imagine a vast valley of green with cliffs rising up in various locations. Now add in a sparse forest and a giant waterfall spilling down into the valley. It is hard to put into words as it is something you need to see for yourself. Our leaders are kind and caring but not power crazed like some can get. Everyone interacts with each other and is allowed to come and go as they please. No one is forced to do anything they do not want so if you decide you want to leave and move on to another herd you are free to do so." Cutting himself off there he felt as if he had provided a reasonable description of the basics. Now it was just up to her to make her decision on whether she trusted him enough to take the risk of joining them. "Since I first arrived here the Falls has been my, our home. It was labeled differently back then but not too much has changed, we treat everyone as a part of a big family."

Ciceron talks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @Evaneska  •• NOTES: Sorry its a little longer than expected XD ••

Pixel Base- BronzeHalo

Unregistered
Your quote can go here!
what if it's two lines?
An optimistic idealist versus a pessimistic realist. The stallion spoke with hopeful ignorance that was based strictly on what he wished to belief. In stark contrast the mare's words were grim and weighed heavy in the air as she drew upon influences from her past. In the end only one could be right. Would idealism hold tight to that in which it believed or would it be overwhelmed by the harsh realism of every day life? Only time would tell. Whether she had been brought here for a reason or a mere mistake would reveal with time. Either the Gods had something planned for them, some reason for granting them entrance, or they were simply in the right place at the right time. Or perhaps the wrong place at the wrong time. Who knew?

Like a gargoyle when the sun rose her face turned to stone. Emotions were washed away in her grey details as she lifted her head ever so slightly so that she could look at the stallion; truly look at him. His handsome mug showed no sign of threat. Instead what she saw was patience in the man. His unusual silver eyes glinted with an enlightened form of wisdom. An air of nobility surrounded him but by no mean was it prominent nor in your face. Rather it was subtle and humble. Many probably referred to him as a gentleman. He certainly walked like one and talked like one yet Evaneska was not convinced.

Life was a masquerade where some wore more convincing masks than others. Some looked seamless, as if there truly was no mask that hide the wearer's true face. Evaneska knew better. In this wicked, sometimes cruel, dance facades were as natural as their steps. She truthfully believed that everyone hid something. No one ever wanted to show their true faces, no one wanted to leave themselves so vulnerable. Exposed and naked with the fragility of a newborn babe. No. Not many were willing to reveal themselves in such a state. So they kept their natures masked as they danced their dance.

In her homeland not many opened their arms with warm intentions. To offer her shelter was one thing but an actual place to live for - potentially - ever. What's your motive? she wondered, her gaze steady. What's the catch? Speaking these questions allowed would be foolish. Anyone would deny that it was anything harm. Instead they would offer it as an innocent request. She kept her mouth shut and her tongue stilled. Asking a question with an already assumed answer would be silly.

Her ears swiveled as she intently listened to the man talk. He painted a picture of Eden with his smooth words. She almost scoffed as he mentioned his leader's but she managed to stop herself. That would not be a wise move. She was a fool but not to that extent. His biased opinion was something Evaneska rolled around in her head. "How is it that you know this Falls is the best? Have you been a member of each of these herds?" Her voice was oddly serious as if she did not realize he was speaking with clear favoritism. "Tell me why I should believe the words rolling off your tongue." Evaneska cast a sideways glance at Destrier.

"You hardly know anything about me yet you offer me a home," her words were slow yet held a steady cadence. "I have only just arrived in these lands. I do not know who to trust or where I even belong. This is far too overwhelming, Ciceron." Being dragged to another dimension and reunited with someone she thought to be dead was not easy for the mind to grasp. "Time. I need time before I can answer such an offer." This was all too much to process. In this world of strangers who was she to trust? She recalled the wild god who promised her a safe haven but had, in reality, trapped in a cage. How was she to know this would not end the same?

@Ciceron

image credits

Thinking back to the speech he had just given moments ago he wondered if there was anything that he would have said differently. It took little time to conclude that no matter if he had to say it a million times over everything would stay exactly the same. While be was partially biased to the Falls having lived there as long as he had his consideration to the other three herds never really crossed his mind until such was asked of him. He had travelled to all of the herds over the years yet none of them had really appealed to him. Out of the choices of a desert, an ice box, a land with many short trees that proved hazardous to those as tall as he, and a green landscape decorated with many waterfalls, he would still choose the Falls. "I can understand your view as I was once in your place, well not entirely. I do apologize, I know it is a lot to take in but I am merely trying to help." He apologized remembering the feeling of intense pressure to make a decision all those seasons ago. In reality there was no way for her to know if he was telling the truth or not so he could not blame her for any misconceptions. "I do speak from experience, while I have not been a member of all of the herds I have travelled to them many times to experience what they are like. I did for a short time live in the Edge but with all the events I did what was safest for my children."

Part of him was rather intrigued by the feisty attitude that seemed to arise from the grey girl for he knew she was capable of so much more. If she believed in herself she could do many things she had never thought possible. Look at him, if Kiara had not managed to get him to look in the mirror and realize he had more to live for his corpse would likely be at the bottom of the ocean by now. There had been many other options that had crossed his mind but he could not do that to his kids or Kiara. Ilios may hate him for the biased slander implanted into his head but it would never stop him from loving him in the same way he loved Areli or Kiara. It was for them that he had managed to hold it together as far as he had, yes there were good and bad days but he would work through them.

Slapping his tail across his sides to bat away the summertime pest he gave her a few moments to process what he had said so far. He had the patience that could last a lifetime, he was in no great rush nor was he under any obligation to push others to join them. "You can believe what you want to believe, I am not going to force this upon you if it is something you are not ready for. If you won't believe me would you at least allow me to show you what I speak of? There is no strings attached, no commitments, no nothing except me trying to help you have a better life than what you had before." Smiling gently he took a step back to give Evaneska some space and for her to see that he meant what he said. No strings attached, nothing to hold you back, a freedom that is all your own. "You may take all the time you need to think things over. If you decide to join us we would be more than happy to welcome you, if you choose not to you are free to do as you please. Just know that the offer will always be open."

Ciceron talks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @Evaneska  Destrier
•• NOTES: ••

Pixel Base- BronzeHalo

Unregistered
Your quote can go here!
what if it's two lines?
A sober expression was heavily etched into her facial features. A distinct detachment could be seen in her eyes as they stared blankly forward at Ciceron but not truly looking at him. By the way she chewed her bottom lip it was easy to tell she was contemplating something. However there was far too much going on in her head to think about every single thing without causing her brain to short circuit. To say there was a lot going on inside her churning gears would be an understatement. It was overwhelming. Before she entered this haven she had longed for someone to come and cease her existence. Part of her still thought that way while the other dared to believe this was a second chance. A new world, a new life.

"I did for a short time live in the Edge but with all the events I did what was safest for my children." The world "Edge" held no meaning to her nor did the statement that he had children. Rather the mare was lingering on the words "all the events". Perhaps this vision of a safe haven was all just an illusion. "A lot of strange and potentially dangerous events are common here?" she questioned, each word slowly rolling off of her tongue. Apparently this whole Rift thing wasn't that completely strange to these horses. If they dealt with this often Evaneska had to question the safety of this world. Would it prove to be any better from where she came? Sure the appearance was better and everything healthier but that did not mean it wasn't - if not more - dangerous than her homelands.

The stallion's proposition made her ears swivel. No strings attached was one such expression that usually meant the exact opposite. At the same time, though, she was being given a choice. When was the last time she had truly been given the task of choosing which way her life panned out? From an early age she had been a puppet and never the master. Yet now she was being given the opportunity. Truthfully it frightened her. "Based on your description," the girl was careful with what she said, "I would very much like to see these Falls." She spoke honestly. The mare never had a reason to lie because in the end the truth was always revealed in some way or another.

"Thank you, Ciceron. I will keep your offer close to heart should I feel the time to make such a move is right." Evaneska dipped her head, silently hoping he wouldn't snap for her wishy-washy answer that gave neither a yes or a not. "I must go talk to my-" She stopped short and blinked. My Master, but as he had stated before she was free to do as she wished. In the end, while she felt obligated to stick near him, he wasn't the exact definition of a master. "My friend about these happenings." There was much more she wished to discuss with Thantos but that was of no real concern to the grey dapple that stood before her.

"Again I thank you, but I must take my leave now." She dipped her head to both Ciceron and Destrier. "T'was a pleasure to meet both of you."

@Ciceron

image credits