the Rift

[OPEN] quarantine [disease research thread]

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
without your love, without your touch, this world for me is never gonna be enough
thinking about you as if i lost you

That place….
She hadn’t even stayed to listen to their trial, the words thrown around by the entire herd before Hobgoblin had encouraged her to have enough, living on the verge of tears as his claws are more real than ever, tearing, ripping, stabbing her body almost obliviously as he rages. Blood boils and burns the inside of her body, twisting her heart into uncomfortable, inhuman shapes while her tongue can’t stand the idea of even speaking.
What she felt needed to be done was done. Megaera had granted her permission to visit the herds for help, Badger would trail along with her, she had a possibly reliable Alchemist(not to say that Alija wasn’t reliable, but the odd mare had never shown her face at meetings), and the herd was at least aware she wanted their bodies for research. The only thing left to do was to fear time and death with black, possibly bloody, tar covered hands and hope, pray to her the Gods that this would get better.
The tree greets her like a stranger greets another stranger, watching each other with suspicious eyes as the Sun Physician blinks ooze for her eyes. Blue eyes seem just a bit darker when the mass outlines them, dulling out the soft, sweet glow of her horn that once dared to offer her some sort of life to them.
Now they only weep like a mother who’s lost her child in some god-forsaken way, having something more vital than a heartbeat ripped from her arms. They finally paint the emotions she wears across the rest of her body, making a whole creature, one built of failure and guilt, past regrets she believes she doesn’t have the strength to kill, and the weight of a single feather she bares like it outweighs the Sun.
Hobgoblin doesn’t tell her that she’s sick, now one of them with an ugly mark. He wields a hot blade in his talons when she searches for his eyes in the dark. The sting of rejection burns deep, thinking over the words spilt at a herd meeting that she bolted from without second thought.
Was his treatment of her because she had enslaved him?
He doesn’t reply and she can’t bring herself to ask the question.
"Hobgoblin?” Tar trickles from her lips, dripping into the orange sand and soaking into it’s skin. A short chirp fills the silence before letting it settle back in. "Please go see if you can find Morrigan and Badger and bring them back here. Sacre too, if you can find him. He’s the black and red unicorn from the meeting.”
Annoyance flickers in the back of her brain, applying gentle stabs to her mental state when she dares to request his aid in her line of work. He is no ‘delivery boy.’
"Amaryllis. The white and gold Pegasus with horns." More wood is thrown onto the fire and she knows she’s pushing this, but if they came and she wasn’t here to ensure they knew this was the place, then would they stay? Would they actually wait while she hunted down the sick and her healers?
"Actually, anyone who is noticeably sick would be nice.” And finally, a growl chased a loud hiss and the flutter of leather wings, screaming at her with his anger and might as if to tell her he ‘wore the pants’ in their bond.

OOC: Research thread for the diseases! Anyone who has been infected, cured or not, is welcome, as well as anyone who might have/know a cure, or just wants to help.
You’re free to write Hobgoblin coming and destroying your day. He’s a rude, mean and cranky asshole who has no second thoughts about being an absolute dick, and can either be written as either a silver Wyvern or Black Serval.
Highly requested to come: @Aithniel @Badger @Morrigan @Ilios
@Sacre doesn’t have to come if you don’t have time, but it’d be nice!
@Maren since she requested to be tagged

"Talk?"

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme

Aithniel kept a keen eye out for this blue-horned unicorn and her... whatever it was companion. She was eager to get healed, and she desperately sought any answers. Though she knew she wasn't exactly the type to sit around and do research herself, she admired those who did and was glad that they were trying to use their mental powers for good. So when a black creature bounded her way, eagerly trying to get her to follow, she did so, seeing the same stranger from before.

The girl nodded once to this girl, standing awkwardly as she was the first to arrive. With a disgruntled sigh, she ruffled her feathers and cleared her throat. "So uhm... my name is Aithniel," she began to say slowly, clearing her throat a moment later. "And I am pretty sure I got both of these fighting the rift gods in the blood falls and the green labyrinth." Black tar seeped from her eyes and nose, and the big, red splotches are very plainly visible on her white coat.

"Anything you can do to help would be appreciated," she commented, grimacing and revealing one of her sides. "Fire didn't help. Uhm... water and bathing didn't help. I tried a few things. Oh, rubbing on the trees didn't help either." She frowned. "But I will take or do anything you think will work - really. I am getting pretty tired of all this."

Aithniel
You ought to know where I'm coming from / How I was alone when I burnt my home
And all of the pieces were torn and thrown / You should know where I'm coming from
dry-oasis

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Badger Posts: 68
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Gelding :: Equine :: 15'2hh :: 10 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Snow

B A D G E R

I'm minding my own business, trying my best to graze without inhaling great strands of black goo, when I see a very nasty looking black cat lurking not far away. I think I recognise him from the meeting, and I flatten my ears at him as he comes closer, lifting one back hoof in warning as he brazenly invades my personal space. "Go away," I demand, giving a small whinny of discomfort - because clearly predators are going to flee if I nicely request it. But no - he comes closer, and is it my imagination or is he herding me like a stallion would herd his mares?

Well, I'm not going to stand here and ask why. With my ears still pinned, I trot away from the nasty feline, gargling tar in my throat as he snaps at my heels to move me faster. I want to kick out at him, send him flying into the nearest tree, but he seemed to belong to the healer mare who asked for permission to visit other herds about a disease cure, and she might not appreciate my treatment of her companion. Reluctantly I submit to his herding, and soon enough I see that mare - Sikeax - and the fiery white woman I recognise from the God fights. "Your companion is - ack! - not very nice," I complain. The 'ack' is due to the nasty little bastard giving one final nip at my heels, almost as though he's rubbing in the fact he has just ushered me like a furry bodyguard.

Only when I'm sure that I'm safe from a painful feline death do I let myself relax, unfurling my tense muscles and lifting my ears. I cough black tar, my nostrils flaring to try and breathe past the blockage. My herbs haven't helped, nor has the healing magic newly granted to me. When Aithniel speaks, she mentions the previous Blood Falls disease - sure enough, she is boil-ridden, like I was. "Um...I got those boils, too. They healed when I accidentally walked into a spark-creature generated by somebody in the fight. I don't know if that's related, or if it was just a coincidence?" I can barely articulate my words - I'm still quite shaken from my impromptu herding across the Throat, and I shoot a foul look at the serval.

_____

Wrote it that Hobgoblin chased him in in serval form, hope that's okay!

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
Ilios
He felt dizzy as he drew in rattling breaths trying his best to catch his breath. He stands around listening and giving his opinions on the matters at hand. Once it is all over the stallion moves in the direction the healer and white mare had went. His legs shook slightly as he followed their hoof prints through the sand. He coughed roughly causing black tar to fly from his lips and nose. Feeling groggy the stud's silver eyes fall upon the mares and the black male and he approaches carefully. Concern covers the young stallion's face as he watches tar drip from their faces. He dips his head respectfully careful to stay a foot or so away from them before speaking, "I'm sorry you're both sick now too." Silver eyes flicker to Badger as his scent wafted into his nose. He smelt odd, not as manly as himself or another stallion he had ever met. "You still seem well badger. I hope it stays that way." He offered a black toothed smile, sincerely hoping he would stay healthy.

"I had the boils, but I was knocked down at the fight with the wolf and when I woke up they were gone." He looked down sheepishly for a moment as he spoke of falling. He had no idea what was wrong with them all, but he was tired of it. He stood their meekly as he watched the group before remembering his manners. "I forgot to introduce myself, please excuse me. I'm Ilios, it's a pleasure to formally meet you all." He dipped black and teal horned head once more as he watched the trio. It was kind of awkward to tell them that he had fallen in the fight. His long black and white tipped tail swished at a young fly nibbling on his rump. A soft breeze ruffled his Mohawk before he spoke, "If you need any help with anything please do not hesitate to ask me. I'll do anything to help our family." His voice was warm and dripping with concern as he looked at them all in turn.
Wonderings   Talking
Words: 352
OOC:
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. ~ Robert Frost
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Morrigan Posts: 93
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hands :: 7 Orangemoons HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Pongo :: Bongo :: None Xyroca
Morrigan

Something was wrong, so very wrong, and I couldn't figure out what had happened to me. Somehow, I had contracted the sickness that had tainted several of my fellow herd members and it was torture. Miserably, I lay in the desert sands as I tried various herbs to see if any of them would help. Nothing. Not a single plant brought me any relief of the tar that oozed from my eyes, mouth and nose. My breathing wheezed with the buildup in my lungs, my sides ached from coughing to try and loosen the black slime. My vision had begun to change on me to the point where I couldn't even distinguish which plants were which. They all looked...Strange, a rainbow of colors that didn't make any sense to me. Everything glowed with a strange color, even myself and Pongo. "Pongo...I'm scared." I admitted to my companion, auds flicking back into my crown as my voice wavered slightly.

The small antelope stepped closer, tucking his legs underneath him to snuggle up against my neck. 'H-he-here.' An unfamiliar voice echoed in my mind at the same time, strange yet comforting all at once. 'P-pon-Pon-go. Here.' This time, I was met with the warm gaze of my beloved bongo, his usual dark eyes appearing to glow a red-white as he somehow managed to communicate with me telepathically. Had our connected grown that strong already? Had our bond been tied together so much that I was beginning to hear his thoughts as well as sense his emotions? "Pongo? Is that you?" The little antelope gave a dip of his muzzle, his horns bobbing as he answered my question with a definite nod 'yes'. 'Haaar. Haaaarrr. Haaaard. Hard.' As he tried to communicate with more than he was capable of yet, I could feel his frustrations rising and could see the colors in his body start to shift and I could feel his body warming up next to me.

"I know it's hard, it will get bett- wait! I know what this is...It's...temperature...I can see your heat, like a snake!" Pongo tilted his head to the side with confusion, giving me a dumbfounded look as though accusing me on being on some sort of drug. Maybe I had tried too many remedies at once...'Si-si-sick?' My muzzle dipped to answer him, slime dripping from my muzzle. "Yes, I think it's the sickness." This was amazing! Not just the weird ability to see heat, but the fact that I was actually able to listen and talk to Pongo! Just the communication alone lifted my spirits, a smile returning to my lips as I nuzzled my beloved bongo.

A sharp nip on my hip yanked me from my moment of bliss, and a surprised yelp escaping as I jerked around to see what had attacked me. A strange creature, it's shape familiar to me, sneered at me with an amused look. Quickly, I rose to my feet before the Wyvern could reach me with a swipe of his claws. "What the hell!" I barked, raising a hind leg to threaten to kick the pestering creature, only to be blocked by Pongo. 'Frie! Frie!' A single brow rose as I struggled to grasp his new words, crown tilting to the side. "Friend?" Pongo leaped into the air with my guess, bounding around the Wyvern and back to me. Skeptically, I eyed the Wyvern that was growing impatient with me, growling and baring it's teeth as a threat. "Well, what do you want?"

The small beast suddenly leaped forward to grab a mouthful of my mane, tugging sharply and forcing me to turn to his direction. "Alright, alright! I'm coming." I snapped, ears pinning back with the pain as I jerked my mane out of the companion's mouth. Pongo came to my aid, ushering the Wyvern away from me with his horns and keeping himself between us protectively. It isn't until we joined a group that I finally realized what Pongo had meant by calling the Wyvern a friend, it was Sikeax's companion. Through my strange vision, I could make out the familiar shape of Sikeax, confirmed by her scent. There was also Badger, the fellow healer that had been recently promoted. His tell-tale halter confirmed his identity, but the others did not have familiar shapes or scents to them. "Hello-" I said before my body went into a fit of coughs once again. "I am Morrigan, has there been any relief for the black tar sickness yet?"

OOC: Morri has the ability to see heat like a snake, and also Pongo is old enough to start baby talking!
[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.