the Rift

dear miss white

Darwin Posts: 74
World's Edge Protector atk: 5.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 4 Years (Ages in Birdsong) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Antaa :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix Skylark
I had always heard that leaving a place meant you either left it for good or came running back with a tail between your legs. Whoever said that must have been a coward. Seeing as here I was walking right back into that Threshold I had last seen while I was young, running from my own family. I was coming back to Helovia, stronger and smarter than ever. Still angry about my mother and what my family had done to her. I hadn’t learned much here, but I learned elsewhere. I lived a life away from here. Albeit a short one, but I found myself returning to the place I thought of often. The feeling in my lungs breathing in the air of Birdsong reminded me of my birthday, a thing often shared with friends and family.

Friends and family were a thing I didn’t have and no longer cared for. They drained too much off of you. You end up relying on them and believing them and they turn around stabbing you in the back. However, curiosity was also something that I had an affinity for. I believed that in life it was important to learn. That’s what intelligence was for. I was smart, quick, a bit strange in conformation; but I knew what I wanted to do. I knew I wanted to find out more about my birth and the strange incidents that occurred during – and after – my life here.

I had grayed a lot in the time from being here. I reminisced in the reminder of leaving Helovia in such a hurry yet also wonder on what the outside world was like and how it differed from here. It was interesting, to say the least. Some places I had been were terrified of my large ashen wings. Other places looked down on it. I could never quite find my place out there and it angered me to know that the only place I could even have a shot at being welcomed in was the one place I ran from. Perhaps my return could wield some answers.

So as I flew above the trees of the Threshold, knowing the feeling of exiting all too well, the feeling of entering it seemed almost surreal. I knew what I was here for and I wouldn’t leave without answers. I was angry, my nostrils flaring in a fit of slight exhaustion from hoisting my heavy body into the air and the frustration at what exactly I looked for while returning. I could only hope it would be a decently happy welcoming. Maybe I would stumble across some creatures that had no idea who I was. That would be a more pleasant outcome.

Though it’s not like I was terrified anymore. I had learned much in my time away. I had learned to fight and not run away from my issues. I would settle things straight right away. I guess that makes me blunt, but I didn’t have a need for liars and murderers. I had a need for people who could tell the truth and do the truth. No, I wasn’t an honest crusader. I had lied in my time, but I did know when to lie and when to tell the truth. And I stood my ground on everything. I could be a great creature of debate if need be, but I would never back down.

Gliding closer to the ground of a clearing within the woodlands, I landed elegantly on the front half. My rear always landing harder due to the mixed breed that I was. However, as I folded my wings across my back, I lifted my head high. I breathed in the air with the sensational feeling of my magic returning to me. That was probably the one thing I missed the most about this place, magic. Though as my river stone gaze danced across the trees, I realized that perhaps today would be my lucky day.

"Speak."
DARWIN
With every breath and every intake, 
tip toe further away. 
You breathing and bloodshot, tired mistake. 
I’m no savior. I’m no saint.

Pixel by BronzeHalo @ Deviantart

Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Darwin, without killing him.
Please tag in every post!

Aeolus Posts: 100
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: 3 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Flying practice had been interesting so far but somehow it was not enough for the colt. He wanted to do more than glide, he wanted to fly up high with the birds and see things from a whole new angle. Was there another world out there somewhere up in the clouds? Thinking back to the sky island he couldn't help but miss that place as it was the closest he had ever been to the clouds. This had been something he had been wanting to do for forever making it a top priority on his relatively short to do list. Things would have been so much different if his dad would have stuck around to show him all the cool things that mother couldn't. He often imagined what it would have been like to grow up having him here with them today. What would he look like? What did he sound like? Would he make mother happy? So many questions yet no way to get answers to them, unless father came home. He really couldn't go looking for him considering as far as he knew his father could be a tree frog and he wouldn't know the difference. No one had ever spoken about him so to him it really didn't seem all that abnormal.

Bounding through the thick brush with minor difficulty the boy tries to keep his wings tucked tightly to his sides trying to avoid getting himself stuck. When he had thought of going on an adventure it had sounded like a good idea at first but when he hit the path of no return things became complicated. The last time he had come through here had been months ago when his size let him slip into places that adults could not. Well now he had forgotten to consider how much he had grown since then so things were getting a little tight. Pausing to rest his tired legs his eyes caught a dark shadow looming overhead that seemed to move the closer he looked for it. Pulling his head up and tilting it back he could just make out the silhouette of another pegasus gliding over the trees. Curiosity soon got the best of him rerouting his previous trail blazing to turning around and heading back the way he had come. Backwards was much easier than forward especially when he had the advantage of the fresh trail he had already made, see his fun had turned into a useful purpose for once.

Breaking back onto the main trail half falling over his own feet in the process the brindled colt heaved a sigh of relief. That had been a good hike but he had come out of it alive albeit probably looking more like a sasquatch that had been rolling in branches, burrs, mud and anything else one could find in a forest. Pulling as much of the nasty clingy stickers off as he could see he continued up the trail until he came upon the pegasus he had eyed earlier. Cocking his head slightly he studied him with interest before moving closer. " Who are you?" He asked gazing up at the stallion with bright blues.

Aeolus Speaks
Aeolus Thinks

•• TAGS: @Darwin  •• NOTES: ••

“The more you try to crush your true nature, the more it will control you. Be what you are. No one who really loves you will stop.”
Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: aeolus_pixel__commission__by_destrierdes...9g5emp.png][Image: aeolus_by_bronzehalo_d9gff3z_by_moonston...9ggy0l.png]
Avatar 1 by Destrier Designs, Avatar 2 by BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**

Dröm Posts: 114
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
Dröm ♞
The empress moved forth, a regal dance that swiftly concluded by the winged beasts. They were stout, unimpressive in their daunting, yet the woman was definite in her certainty that they would carry vast a knowledge or the desire to gain it. The Arabian kept her eyes from lingering on their bodies, such was inappropriate. Instead, the delicate lady's orbs feasted on the the sight of a blooming, BirdSong, world.

Rather wee ears were rotated ahead, catching words that formed a rather simple question. The golden girl found herself... speechless. When they question her, what is she to say? What are they to ask? A StoryTeller she once was, but her story is not one she will tell.

A dapper smile rests on her lips, her disposition exuding a calm, gentle, friendliness. She is usually seen as welcoming, even with a dark cloak draped on her back, a thing reminiscent of spies and dark wizardry, of villains and thieves. No darkness could match the mare's ivory purity, she is of angels, perhaps from the gods themselves. Still, a humble humility caresses her form.

After a stretch of silence, this Arabian speaks, words drenched in thickly pronounced words, the tongue of a foreigner. "'Ello, I am Dröm, founder of The Warden." Though her Swedish-lilted words stood out, they remained sweetly light, blending harmoniously with her picturesque feminine beauty. "Who might'ya be?" Her sentences could be smoother, they are far from impeccable, but perhaps these strangers will appreciate her attempt at their language, a very foreign language at that.

Caramel eyes flicked between them, noting their similar height. She concluded that even though she may be the odd one out with a bare back and a simple coloring, she was pleased to meet possible friends. Those these stallions had not said nor done much, the lack of violence suggested that perhaps they were beasts of tranquility and relaxation, not tense brutes willing to attack every living thing their eyes fixate upon. She was content in such company.

"chatting."
shoot for the s t a r s
Image Credit

first real drom post in a while, excuse the shittiness? also.. hope you dont mind drom popping in? :D
[Image: 53d6f2ea9010d]
pixel by baylee

Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 4 Years (Ages in Birdsong) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Pawing for a moment into the earth, I enjoyed the sun as it fell upon my feathers and back. I wouldn’t exactly call it comfort, being back in Helovia. But it was a nice change of scenery. The trees had changed, the ones I had seen briefly before I left were now tall and strong and the older ones have either fallen or grown even taller. It was strange, almost. The fact that I return to Helovia nearly expecting the world to stop while I was away. And alas, it had not. It had moved on completely fine without any problems what so ever. Almost as if it didn’t even need me.

Heaving a gruff sigh, I shook out my wind torn mane, eyes glancing around the edges of the clearing as I felt a presence appear. I stayed silent, stone eyes simply watching and waiting for the being to appear. Before long, a cold appeared and I couldn’t help but to just watch him with a slight hint of curiousness. Cocking my head slightly to the child as he approached me, keeping a safe distance, I looked over him. He was taller than me, but appeared rather young all things considered. I nodded to him – staying silent – until his voice hit my ears.

What a wonderful welcoming. His eyes were bright and with good intentions but the question seemed strange. Did nobody tell anyone this was Helovia anymore? I mean, I was sure it was but I guess I couldn’t be too sure. Shrugging it off momentarily, I inhaled to speak. Before I could, however, another voice and body caught my eyes. A rather plain equine waltzed in and I nodded to her in a welcoming as well. Then she spoke and it sounded more like a Helovian welcoming despite the thick accent running through her vocal cords. She spoke of being the founder of the Warden, a place I hadn’t heard of before. Ears flitted between the two of them for mere moments before clearing my throat to speak.

I am Darwin.” I paused for a moment. “I’m not familiar with the Warden. I’ve been away from Helovia for quite some time. I do trust that I have reached the right area?” My voice was rough in places, but I did my best being blunt. If this wasn’t Helovia, I’d fly straight out of here in a heartbeat. Turning my head to the child, I let my eyes dance across his once more, before stretching out my wings for a moment and folding them back up across my back.

"Speak."
DARWIN
tip toe further away.

@Aeolus @Dröm || Don't mind at all! :D

nickel

More than interested with the pegasus before him it appeared he had completely forgotten his manners that had been drilled into him by mother. Flicking his ears to the side a little embarrassed at his lapse in welcoming he cast an apologetic look towards the stud just as another waltzed in unannounced. Turning his eyes to the mare he perked his ears trying to catch the strange voice that followed with a polite nod of his head. What was the Warden? Was it another herd or something? Mother had only ever told him about three other herds here in Helovia was there really four others? Imagining what he knew of the landscape he couldn't recall anywhere that seemed to house a new herd...so what was this Warden the mare spoke of? Maybe this Warden was somewhere other than Helovia considering the strange way she spoke. It was difficult to understand to his untrained ears but he got the jist of it at least. Slightly irked that yet again he seemed to be left out of the conversation by the mare he tried to stand up a little straighter. Just cause he was younger than them didn't mean he was invisible he thought with a soft snort of defiance.

Finally the pegasus he had initially found spoke revealing his name. Darwin, that was an interesting name and one he hadn't heard before. "You are in Helovia, Welcome." He commented with a smile figuring a welcome was better late than none at all."My name is Aeolus and I live in the Hidden Fall's." Adding this addition he tried to gain a few brownie points wanting Darwin to come back to his home instead of go with the lady who called herself Drom.. Or at least that's what it sounded like. The other option he could think of was mom but somehow that didn't seem right to be a name someone would call you by.

Turning back to face the stallion again he couldn't help but wonder why he had left Helovia only to return again. Did he go on an adventure or something? Excitement started to bubble up thinking that if he had gone adventuring he must have some pretty neat stories to tell of his travels. Despite the temptation he withheld this question figuring that it wasn't appropriate to ask when he really didn't know him. Who knows maybe this dude was his father... Intrigued by the thought he studied him carefully a little too hopeful that it might be daddy. Well he was grey similar to mother and he was around the same height as he was, plus he had wings just like his. Tucking this idea off to the side for now he would have to do some more thinking to see if he might be related to him and his brother. "Are you looking for someone? I mean... you said you used to live here." He asked trying to be helpful.

Aeolus Speaks
Aeolus Thinks

•• TAGS: @Darwin , @Dröm •• NOTES: ••

“The more you try to crush your true nature, the more it will control you. Be what you are. No one who really loves you will stop.”
[Image: aeolus_pixel__commission__by_destrierdes...9g5emp.png][Image: aeolus_by_bronzehalo_d9gff3z_by_moonston...9ggy0l.png]

Dröm Posts: 114
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
I'm She was a benevolent, well to do mare, and as she listened to their exchange, she wholeheartedly felt the need to comfort the foreigner whom was colored with the ash of fire. Darwin, like the finches? Such a name for such a man. She was captivated by it, the fact that he may have knowledge of birds or insight into the feathered animals. The Dreamer found herself curious with the grey stallion, intrigued. Whom did he know here, and why did he choose to come back? The flood of questions was held back by a sturdy dam. Instead of voicing herself, her copper ears caught on to their words and she merely listened.

The younger boy is called Aeolus, a name given the Wind God in some lands. Eyes land on him now, and she is curious to know one thing. Does the Wind God of Helovia posses true wizardry or is the name just that, a moniker?

Dröm knew little of the boy's desire to recruit. She was not really here to gain members for The Warden, however it would be a plus if such occurred. She was here to reacquaint herself with Helovia's gateway. Time as a prisoner had thrown her off her game and she now struggled to catch up with a world that wouldn't care if it moved on without her.

"Aeolus asks'an importan' question. If there is someone you seek, I'd gladly help you out, and I'm sure he would too." Head cranes towards Aeolus, seeking confirmation of her offer. He would help right? The thirst of recruitment forced him to do so. The boy smells of The Hidden Falls, and a secret part of her craves to rejoin that particular herd. She quite misses the grass tickling her hocks and being the Storyteller for the Earth God. Life had been pleasurable, but such a great gift was ripped from her in a brutal invasion waged by the current Falls horses. She would never join her enemies, not when they so unreasonably took what was not theirs in a full-out war. They could've simply asked to join the Falls. Was it necessary to also kick out the current Hidden Falls horses? Regardless of her views on the World's Edge x Hidden Falls invasion, she would not turn cold to Aeolus, for the boy seemed pleasurable thus far. He was seen as a friend, not foe. Darwin was viewed similarly. They were strangers with much potential, and potential was the thing she sought in recruits.

Ooc no table bc on phone also please don't tag me!!! :3
[Image: 53d6f2ea9010d]
pixel by baylee

Stone eyes watched the mare for a few moments before shifting upon the Colt. No expression passed across my face as he shifted his posture. I wasn’t sure exactly why, I felt like most creatures with wings held a pretty straightforward demeanor but I was probably wrong. It had been awhile since I’ve been in Helovia. Perhaps things had changed. Then the colt spoke and I nodded to him, offering a smile. So I was in the right place. That was a relief. He spoke of his name being Aeolus and I dipped my head to him gently. “It’s a pleasure Aeolus. The Hidden Falls sounds like quite an interesting place.” I said gently, unfamiliar with that part of the world in Helovia as well.

Things had changed and quite rapidly so. I felt like I hadn’t been gone all that long, but places had different names and creatures were roaming that seemed to have no history here. I realized as I grew stuck in thought, I held a blank stare at the colt while the mare spoke. Figuring out the two of them said some things that I must have missed in my trance. Shaking my head slightly, I chuckled. A sound reverberating deep within my chest. “Ah, my new found friends. I think I’m trying to stay away from a couple of creatures that lurk here. Not sure if they’re here or not anymore, but if so then it would be in my best interest to avoid them, I think.” I ended my speech with a nod before glancing around the Threshold, stretching out my wings once more and breathing in a small sigh of relief. Happy to be back. However still apprehensive at stumbling across a family member unprepared.

Turning my eyes back to the colt and shifting between the mare and such, I cleared my throat. My voice growing deeper in a more quiet sense before I spoke. “Perhaps one of you know them and can tell me where I can go to avoid them?” A smirk fell on my lips. I wanted to avoid them at all costs at least until I could fend for myself and possibly win a skirmish. My chances were low until I practiced the use of my magic and as of right now, I’d look like a fool.

"Speak."
DARWIN
tip toe further away.

@Aeolus || Sorry it took so long -.-

nickel

Shifting his eyes between his two newest friends they young colt couldn't help but wonder where the chestnut mare had come from? Since her arrival she had not spoken of being associated with any herdland and her smell seemed to blend with many of other scents around Helovia. Maybe she didn't have a home... No she had to have one as everyone needed to have a home somewhere to live. Dissatisfied with this indecision he was half tempted to blatantly ask her upfront to get a response. Somehow many of the girl's words seemed to ask only more questions without actually answering those asked of her. Was she purposefully ignoring them or was it just that she did not feel like answering them? If she was not going to at least be helpful why was she here in the first place? Flicking his ear to his name he looked over to Drom questionably at first until he clued in to the statement she had just made. Nodding his ears perked forward in the hopes of actually being useful and helping someone out. "I will help just tell me what you want me to do." He replied generously as he looked over to Darwin to see what he thought.

As Darwin spoke of some creatures he wished to stay away from he tried to come up with ideas as to what he was talking about. Creatures was a vast category that could include anything from a bug to an actual being like them, so give him a clue already. Tilting his head to the side he tried to think of any strange things that he had seen around lately. Well there had been those monsters that he had heard others talking about but surely that couldn't be the creatures as they were too new to Helovia. As his mind came up blank he once again looked over the the pegasus as he finished his statements and questions. He needed something that was more concise or definitive to tell him what he wanted to stay away from. "What creatures are you trying to stay away from? There are lots of others who live here unless you wanted to stay away from everyone." He asked thoughtfully still skipping through the many choices in his head.

"You could always come back to the Fall's with me if you wanted to. Everyone is nice there and would be more than happy to let you stay." Extending his offer out to both Drom and Darwin he held his gaze on the stallion who seemed almost transfixed on something. "It's also a good place for hiding out if you were avoiding someone." He added with a slight bob of his head.

Aeolus Speaks
Aeolus Thinks

•• TAGS: Drom and @Darwin •• NOTES: ••

The child was more than willing to help, and I was willing to let him. I offered him a smile, flexing my wings slightly. The magic that filled my body after returning was such a tingling feeling that I began to wonder why I ever passed up the opportunity of it and was slowly grateful to have returned. I turned my head to the young one. “Yes, I believe you can help me.” I spoke with a nod. Stone eyes glancing up to watch the edges of the trees in case anyone decided they wanted to crash this little party.

I’m trying to avoid someone named Archibald, if you may know him. And another named Knox.” I said softly, a bit quieter. My voice not quite as gruff as it had been in the past as I kept my voice down – knowing that the two I was hiding from might be lurking nearby. Maybe the colt knew of them? Maybe he was close to them and would tell them that I had returned. Shaking that thought from my head, I shifted my weight slightly and turned my gaze back to the colt. Studying his face, I listened to his offer for a mere moment.

The Falls is a place I haven’t heard of before. It sounds like a nice place to be. If you happen to know the two I’m hiding from, I’d like to know where they are so I can do my best to avoid them for now. If you’re alright with that? You can be my right hand man.” I winked to him, smiling brighter. Nothing less suspecting than a colt doing the dirty sneaky work for you.

"Speak."
DARWIN
tip toe further away.

@Aeolus || BAH I’M TERRIBLE. SORRY <3

nickel

The longer the silence the more his mind tended to wander back and forth to everything and anything. This time instead of chasing the rat birds and their possible ancestors he found himself focusing on why Darwin would want to run away. Had these creatures he spoke of hurt him in some way? That would be a good reason to stay away from someone he mused nodding to himself. Ohhh ooo what if they were angry over something he had done that was another one. Well other than that he really couldn't come up with much more than just those ones to explain the running away part so surely it had to be one of those.

Snapping back to the present as the colt finally spoke he had to physically prevent his head from slumping as the names of the creatures were revealed. Well that wasn't fair... why did both them have to live with him? Were the gods trying to make it literally impossible for him to make any friends? From what he had seen so far these gods were not so nice after all, why did they have to look up to them again? Flicking his tail back and forth he couldn't help but feel stuck in a rut with what exactly to tell his new friend. He couldn't lie to him and tell him that neither Archi or Knox lived in the Falls cause that would be wrong. What would be say if one of them came to greet them? No, mother would not like him lying to someone even if it meant he could earn a new friend to play with. Ohhh but he really wanted to be someone's right hand man, why did it have to be so complicated?

"Why are you hiding from them?" He asked curiously tilting his head slightly as he studied his friend carefully. Everytime he had met Archi or Knox they had seemed nice enough but now he wasn't so sure if they were or not. What if they had tried to hurt Darwin? What would they do to him if they found out? "Archibald and Knox both live in the Fall's." he finally admitted unable to help his head sinking slightly in disappointment. Here he was hoping for a good day and he ended up finding a new friend that would come home only to find out that this was not possible. What did they do to him that was so bad?

Aeolus Speaks
Aeolus Thinks

•• TAGS: @Darwin •• NOTES: Sorry its a little short ••

I watched the colt curiously as I said the names of the beasts I was hiding from. His head shifting slightly, nearly uncomfortably so it seemed. Did he have to prevent his head from doing so? Did he know of these two? Then, as if on cue, he lifted his head to face mine. Head tilting slightly as he asked why I was hiding from them. I didn’t feel the urge to go into depth about the true reasoning behind my hiding from them, but I figured an explanation would do Aeo just fine. Clearing my throat slightly, I began to speak. “You see, they are my brothers. Brothers can be… not so brotherly to their younger siblings.” Doing my best to keep most of my history a secret, my gaze left the child for a few moments. One hind hoof propped up on the tip gently, resting.

He spoke again about the two’s whereabouts and I only nodded. So they lived in this Falls too? I wondered if they had been hiding from something too. What on earth could those two be hiding from? My thick neck strained slightly as I reached my awkwardly thin head down, close to Aeolus. “I think you could help me and I can do my best to help you. What do you say, friend?” Stone eyes watched his softly, a small smile breaking the corner of my lips as well as creasing my eyes slightly. The wind ruffling the feathers of my wings placed carefully on my back.

Lifting my head back up, I reached up to smell the air around us. Nothing new seemed to have appeared – thankfully. But that wouldn’t last long. “What do you say we get out of here? Go fly for a bit?” My voice was rough, yearning for the feeling of the Helovian winds beneath my plumes. Eyes glanced down to him for mere moments before I extended my appendages, my wingspan large and dark as it embraced the wind that began to press against it. I wanted to get out of here. Perhaps this little colt could be more help than originally planned.

"Speak."
DARWIN
tip toe further away.

@Aeolus || Let’s get outta here :3

nickel

As his new friend goes on to explain why exactly he is avoiding Archi and Knox the colt listens patiently eager to get answers. While the answer wasn't quite what he had been expecting he guessed that it would do for now. If it where him he would be gladly running towards where his brothers where just to be with them again but he guessed that not all families were the same. His dad had left before he had even been born and then his brother had disappeared when they were only a couple months old. He would love for them to come back into his life at anytime, obviously the sooner the better but he could be patient for longer. Whatever it took he would do it, he would bring them back! Before he could get around to asking a question yet another one falls from Darwin's mouth intriguing him further. Help him? Well why didn't he just say so! Nodding vigorous a smile spread across his face eager to do something useful for once.

"Of course I will help! What do you need me to do?" He replied trying to keep his excitement contained to a manageable level. It was fun to help others and to see what all was out there to do. Hopefully it was nothing bad cause mother surely wouldn't like him doing nothing bad, he was scared just thinking about it. He absolutely hated making mother angry for she was a little scary when she was mad. More vocals spilled out of his new friend as he stood there beside him trying to keep from moving around with pent up energy. He needed something to do to help get rid of it...maybe Darwin would like to play tag or something. Mention of flying caught him off guard as he turned his eyes up to the stallion's. He didn't exactly want to tell him that he was broken... Kaj had said he wasn't broken but then why couldn't he ever manage to fly? He could glide though! Would that be enough? Swallowing the buildup of saliva in his throat he flicked his ears back in embarrassment knowing that he had to say something before Darwin just went off on his own expecting him to follow. "I.... I..uh..can't fly yet, but I'm learning to. If you want to fly I will understand if you don't want me tagging along and slowing you down." He said softly ducking his head down a little unsure of how Darwin would think of him now.

Aeolus Speaks
Aeolus Thinks

•• TAGS: @Darwin •• NOTES: We can start another thread if you would like to :) ••

A small mischievous smile found its way, tilting up the corners of my lips at the question the colt had. What did I want him to do? Just keep tabs on the two. Nothing too intense. But if something happened with them, I wanted to know. “It’s nothing bad, just so you know. Just keep an eye on them and if anything happens, let me know. If that sounds fair to you, child?” My eyes drifted back down to the boy. Happy to know I had a friend on the inside. Even if he was a child.

I flexed my wings again, preparing myself to feel the Helovian wind beneath my wings again. I was too young to have felt the winds before I left the land. Luckily for me, I found a herd of vagabond pegs that were able to teach me how to fly, but I kept my pride strong in saying I learned all myself. It was a lie, as many things are when it came to where I had been and how important the issues were. But before I could gather my mind for the flight, Aeo spoke up. Seeming nearly embarrassed. What was there to be embarrassed about?

Then he said he couldn’t fly.

Shrugging my shoulders to him, I smiled to him. “I’ll let you in on a little secret, it took me awhile to learn to fly too.” My gruff voice said to him in an optimistic tone. “We shall walk then. Maybe you can let me know a little bit more about yourself if we’re going to be partners then?” I smiled brighter to him. Curious to where he came from or who his parents were. Maybe I knew them? Maybe I didn’t. It was hard to say since I had been gone for so long.

"Speak."
DARWIN
tip toe further away.

@Aeolus || Sure! Do you want to start it? :)