the Rift

The shine on the waves [EARTH/WATER DROP]

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
Johnny
Well. I’ve never been licked by a dolphin before and let me tell you, it’s an interesting experience. It sent shivers down my spine but a delighted laugh escaped me. I mean, at least it wasn’t a shark, right? I would certainly get my revenge on any creature, land or sea, that tried to eat me - with sugar invading every blood cell and muscle their teeth would be rotted if they dared to consume me. One hell of a defense mechanism, as well as an attractant to the lovelier creatures that were interested in taking a sniff or lick.

I don’t get anywhere near the orb right now, there’s too many companions that are trying to snatch it away. The dolphins don’t seem to pleased about that - they’re more interested in keeping the game going. I can appreciate that.

The game keeps getting bigger as more bodies jump into the water to play and I whicker a happy greeting to Tangere when I notice her - wanting to move closer but as my clumsy legs splash against the water I’m afraid I might have only succeeded in soaking her instead. Oh well, all in the fun right?! I hope she doesn’t mind too much. I’m probably splashing pretty much everyone as I try to swim - it’s not a very graceful sight, I can tell you that. I keep wanting to leap up because I’m just so excited that this game is happening but all I really manage to do is get one or both of my forelegs above the surface of the water and then there’s splashes everywhere. I can barely see I’ve knocked so much water into my own eyes. But the orb keeps getting bumped around and I try to knock it with my little pink nose to get it back into the fray as I splash/paddle as best as I can to stay afloat.

~~~~~~~~~~~
wishlist
Magic: [earth x light | can craft addictive candies from plants, candies are sugary but reflect natural taste of plant]

no prior refusals but I would like to use 2 x Extra VOTG roll from my prize list

Johnny splashes Tangere (accidentally) and tries to bump the orb into the crowd (presumably after Elsa knocks it free!)
I'm your sweet sugar Candyman
Image Credit
Table by Sevin!
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

DEAD I AM THE DOG, HOUND OF HELL YOU CRY
DEVIL ON YOUR BACK, I CAN NEVER DIE

They come, and the beast's ears flicker backwards for a moment. His chances of winning the prize are lessening by the moment, and irritation flickers across his stern features. A voice reaches him and he turns to see a sparkling monstrosity of a man, who smells oddly delicious but looks like a complete tit with his pink highlights. Are you allergic to fun? "Allergic to stupidity, yes," he rumbles back, casting an imperious glance towards the frolicking horses making fools of themselves.

Then again, for power, Volterra would dance a god damn jig on his back hooves. Maybe he needs to lighten up and get involved, but that's easier said than done. Especially when the red dragon on his back is glowering at the swimmers as well, his emotions reflecting his bonded's.

A tug on his mane makes him glance to the side and he sees Erthë, gleefully getting involved. He fumes silently to himself for a moment, elevating an eyebrow at the filly which says really?

Vadir, meanwhile, is having a fine old time. Unlike the irritable red, the young queen is more open minded, more infinitely curious. Any new experience is to be poked and prodded and explored as she gathers a wealth of knowledge for her future as an adult, an adult gold, the empress of dragonkind. Bubbles erupt around her scales and Volterra can feel her amusement and interest as she flips in the water to float upside-down. She loses the orb to one of the bouncing sea creatures, and disappears momentarily into the depths before emerging with two wiggling fish clutched between her jaws. She throws these up into the air to try and distract the dolphins and otters, both notorious fish-lovers, whilst she swipes for the orb again to try and bring it back to her bonded. Her mind, meanwhile, tickles against his, and he can feel her desire for him to come and help out. It is then that he realises she isn't doing this purely out of playful instinct - she is doing it because she wants her bonded to have the power that she thinks he deserves.

Ah. Maybe she isn't such a baby, after all. Already, she's displaying cunning, the likes of which Vérzés would never have contemplated. Alright, fuck it, in for a penny in for a pound. With a resigned huff, the giant marches into the water, his feathers being gently tugged by one of the fish-smelling water-dwellers. He pivots and begins using his colossal back hooves to splash great waves of water towards the other horses, another distraction tactic to try and keep them away from the orb whilst Vadir tries to swoop away with it. Vérzés gives an indignant squawk and flies away to the shore, landing on a rock and preening his scales with a superior expression on his face. "Fine, play like hatchling," he grumbles.

Volterra rolls his eyes, but makes sure his face stays grumpy, though, so he doesn't appear to be enjoying himself too much. Like a wise old father, it's like he's humouring his children. He has a reputation to uphold, after all.

wishlist
Seeking: [Magic: Earth x Fire | Can create and animate golems made of stone with fire inside them.] No prior refusals.

Vadir tries to distract the sea creatures with fish and snatch the orb, whilst Volterra tries to splash everyone.

DEAD I AM THE ONE, EXTERMINATING SON
SLIPPING THROUGH THE TREES, STRANGLING THE BREEZE
aquila-chrysaetos.flickr

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Agnodice Posts: 70
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2hh :: 8
Herophilos :: Plain Black Dragon :: Toxic Breath prissy

More horses trickled onto the scene, driving the otters and dolphins practically mad. The duchess recognized none but a particularly irksome colt. She preferred not to acknowledge his existence at that moment. Two pegasi smelled of her herd, though she was unaware of who they were.

Agnodice focused her attention instead on the sea creatures, as there was an otter who seemed to be chuckling at her. The mare's head fell to one side, she stepped carefully over her basket to follow the creature into the waves. She suppressed her trepidation, slipping into the waves behind the otter. She let the water lap at her legs, doing her best not to focus on how much of her tail was now in the water.

The maiden stood awkwardly in the water, head much lower than it's usual regal stance. When the otter lost interest in her, she paused, her graceful manner dwindling as the waves lapped at her onyx and alabaster pillars. She lost a bit of her royal stature as she watched the others splash and toss around the orb, for she was not suited to this game, despite how she might try. Agnodice's curvaceous pale ears pulled away from each other, making the little duchess look even more stiff. Her gaze carefully followed the orb, attempting to figure out their game.

"Pass it here?!" Agnodice nickered at the group, though her features still displayed quite a bit of uncertainty. She wanted to fit in with the group, but she was not sure how yet. The duchess pressed against the waves, step by step, struggling against the current (though it was not strong, she was just weak).

:: [ Magic: EarthxLight | Can grow flowers in her mane and tail that can put to sleep anyone that touches them; while the being is asleep they feel no pain ]
:: [ Restrictions | Lasts 30 seconds in battle and one post per thread. Requires permission outside of battle. ]

wishlist

no prior refusals

Agnodice follows the otter and tries to join in, calling at the others to pass the orb to her!

Image Credits
[Image: 5694548be0939]
You’d stick the world into your bedside lane
It’s boredom makes you callous to all pain

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds
Essetia & Romul
And I can't take one more moment of this silence
The loneliness is haunting me
The waves were suddenly more violent, but not because of the tide. One after another, horses and hybrids surged into the sea, captivated by the orb of electric light. This was surely the first time I’d ever witnessed such antics in the presence of strangers, aside from Elsa of course. Somehow it was a freeing venture to lose myself amongst a million other desires and dreams, each of us intermingling simply because it was fun. When was the last time I’d played?

Kicking my legs, I attempted to keep my balance against the ocean’s bottom, but it soon fell away and I was left to my own devices. The water was cool as it rose up over my back and I smiled joyously as I watched Elsa and the others fighting to join the game. An otter with delicate, brown eyes chirped happily upon seeing me and I squealed jubilantly in answer. Romul on the other hand appeared out of his element when it came to the various sea creatures. His wide, golden stare was as humorous as the day was long and I laughed roughly as he paddled fiercely against the waves.

When I was just a filly, Romul and I used to engage in such merriment… It made me wonder where the time had gone and why I’d forgotten what it was like to let go, to be free. I’d always been chained by my own ambitions even though my expectations were often too high for anyone to touch. However, as I tried to avoid the spray from both sea and land dwellers, I was convinced that even if I never got the orb, I was glad to have discovered something else…

Fun. This was what it felt like. In attempt to rejoin the festivities, I nickered to the nearby otter welcoming enough to greet me upon entering the waters. I motioned for it to toss me the orb should it ever regain it, whereupon I would toss it to Romul and so on. After all, this was a game of keep-away was it not? We had to have partners beyond Romul and I.

I quite enjoyed the arctic wolf and his almost stony disposition, but he was so often stubborn and unyielding that I figured it was time to enjoy the company of an animal that was not. Of course, I needed more than just the three of us if we wanted to win, so I turned eagerly to Elsa in hopes that she would not hold our parting against me. “Be on our team!” I cajoled happily.

Wishlist
[Magic: Dark x Earth:: Ability to summon shadow wolves that resemble Romul (their colors would vary from black to brown timber wolves)]
[Restrictions: Cannot be felt but can be seen]
No Prior Refusals
Essetia and Romul swim on opposing sides of the group and Essetia asks to join forces with both the otter that greeted her and Elsa.
Azagus@DA
@Elsa

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
I'm like a prayer you whisper from your window to the world

Oh, Volterra could be such a stick in the mud! Erthë rolled her eyes at his sullen glare and flapped her wings a bit harder than necessary as she worked to stay airborne, trying her damnedest to shower the big black in fine grained sand before she veered off and headed back to the water and the fun.

Once deep glittering waves stretched out beneath her hooves again, she worked herself higher in the air, made a sharp turn and dived, swan wings tucked tightly to the sides. Her stomach tickled as gravity took hold of her, and with an almighty splash the filly cut into the water, momentarily disappearing below the surface.

It was a whole different world down there. She had always been fond of water - drinking it, splashing it around, swimming and dousing herself with it - but she had never tried to be with it like this. As the downward momentum ceased and left her floating close to the bottom of the sea Erthë opened her eyes and peered around in awe, disregarding the sting of salt water for the marvels of the deep.

The sand was white and fine and whirled like flurries of snow around the hooves of the playing horses, swirling and scattering as they whipped the sea into a frenzy with their movements. All around them darted otters and slender silver shapes that looked like nothing she had seen before. She had no name for them but thought them beautiful, graceful in a way she would never become - as accustomed to this world of shifting light and flowing currents as she was to the earth and the sky.

Air was beginning to run out, and it was with reluctance the filly kicked off against the bottom and shot up towards the sun.

As she broke the surface in a cascade of glittering droplets, she saw the gleaming ball come shooting towards her. Laughing breathlessly she reached up to nudge it off with her nose, passing towards one of the dolphins; this was the best idea ever, she never wanted this game to end!

Lines by Darya87

::[Magic: Light x Water (U) | Able to rapidly freeze any liquids in 30 ft radius, shaping and moving the subsequent ice at will ] - Wishlist

No previous refusals
I'd like to use ONE (1) of my Extra Votg Rolls.

Erthë returns to the ocean and dives down beneath the surface, admiring the dolphins. When she return to the surface she passes the ball off to one of them, hoping the game will continue.

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow

Well, shit. Did she just get sassed by a sea creature? That's simply not on. The mare pins her ears and waddles deeper into the water, feeling fear tickle at her heart as her hooves leave the ground. She does not like water - she doesn't trust it, because how can something so fragile hold her weight? She does not fear battle, or blood, or pain, but drowning strikes her as a damnably unpleasant way to die. To snatch at breath but draw in nothing but water, to flail and thrash and not know which way is up, to feel it flood into eyes, nose, mouth...it makes her shudder.

Little wonder she's so keen to get her son out of the waves and to safety.

But all around her, horses are splashing each other, playing with the otters and dolphins and trying their best to get that sacred orb. If none of them are scared, why should Nyx be? She is a warrior, a defender of the herd. It isn't right or proper for her to be afraid of bloody water. So she steels her resolve and marches forwards, holding her head high to try and keep the liquid away from her face. Using the black spire of her horn, she aims to jab it cleanly through the orb, wondering if it can be skewered or if it will simply bounce away to safety.

Either way, her full attention is not on this game. The vast majority of her focus is on keeping afloat, on stifling the fear that grips like a cold vice on her heart - but the rest is spared for Libertad, keeping one beady eye firmly on him in case he should find himself in trouble.

Because, water-hate or not, nothing would stop her saving him if he looked for one moment like he was about to succumb to the waves. That is a mother's duty.

______
wishlist
Seeking: [ Magic: Shock x Water | Ability to electrify the water within other's bodies, causing considerable pain and/or temporary paralysis. More extreme effects could involve disrupting brain fuction due to the electricity, but this would have to be with the player's permission. ] No refusals.

unicorn: iconian fonts.dafont lion: jonathan s harris.dafont

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.

Aquila Posts: 95
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Craonos :: Common Narwhal Leviathan :: Boil smitty

She ignored their stares and pauses at her arrival, silently waiting and stalking beneath the waves as her gills flared gently. The scene amassed more creatures as she watched from beneath the waves. The dolphins were particular, aggressive towards those who grabbed the orb, tossing it back to the otters and amongst themselves. The furry sea rats passed it to equine and sea-creature alike, squeaking in their exuberant play. Oversized, ringed eyes narrowed as she observed.

With a puff of sand, she pushed off the ocean bottom. A small splash accompanied her reappearance on the surface, easily bobbing with the low rolling seas. Her eyes did not leave the orb, now, glued to each pass and lob of the magic. Only once did her sharp teeth make an appearance, when her lips peeled towards the aggressive dolphin that had threatened the dragon. Though she might be scaled as such, she quickly let it be known that she was much more to contend with than the flying, mythical lizards. But the threatening expression melted back to severe impassivity as the dolphin carried on with the game.

“Allergic to stupidity, yes,” A gruff voice expressing words that were akin to her own line of thought managed to draw her severe gaze away from the magical light. A black horse, a stallion, was the source of the words. The man with dragons. She blinked, once, at him. The shadow of a smirk crossed her face, before she returned to watching the game.

She waited, watched, waited. Drifting to the shallows, she ignored the splashing equines around her.

And then, she lunged.

Teeth sought to snag the orb from its midair flight and take it back down the ocean floor with her. She could contend (“play?”) with the dolphins and otters there. But she needed it away from the other equines that coveted the powerful sphere.

Wishlist
:: [Magic: WaterxDark | Barbs in her tail are filled with neurotoxin which inject once barbed into tissues. They cause instant burning on injection.]
:: [Restrictions: Variable concentration of toxin in each barb. Effects range from dizziness, nasuea, respiratory depression, cardaic depression, and death depending on amount administered. Must be in tissues for extended period of time for more severe effects. Requires permission.]
Summary: Aquila tries to take the sphere to the deeper ocean floor, away from everyone else to play/steal from the dolphins and otters there.
No prior refusals
men have drowned
in seas such as these

Please tag Aquila in all posts.

Tangere Posts: 159
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: Six Years | Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Phrixus :: White Raven :: None Psilo

non omnis moriar

Phrixus is cutting through the open air, trying to snatch at the orb, when a tidal wave slaps him mid-flight. He squawks like a distressed hatchling and half falls out of the sky. He regains his composure to skulk back to the shoreline. He isn't seen for the rest of the game.

Tangere cannot help but laugh aloud, at her companion. The pure hearted giggling reverberating him her rib cage and webbing all through her tingling body. Don't be such a ninny! She calls to him inside of her head and she knows he can hear it – only silence in return, though. She can feel his absolute pissiness, which only makes her chuckle more.

Out of nowhere she gets a face full of sea water. When coughing it up she sees Johnny fumbling toward her, surely responsible for the sting in her eyes and dry, bitter taste of the ocean rolling around in her mouth. “So good to see you Johnny!” She rears up and slashes her forelegs, sending a deluge of droplets to rain down on him. Her voice tinkles like a bell over the sounds of splashing and crashing and loud exclaims of fun had by all. “I love this! Isn't it so FUN!” Her attention is suddenly diverted when a dolphin flies passed her with the orb. She misses a quick snatch for it and trips into the waves. She pops up as if she is one of those playful otter creatures, bobbing and dunking in her pursuit of the game piece. She falls short of her mark every time and moves back across the shallows to stand by Johnny. On her way she over she happens to be just under the arch of the flying orb and she instantly feels her opportunity. As it soars without a sound just above her head she leaps out of the waters and attempts to cradle the orb with one of the curls in her horn and whip it toward Johnny. If she manages to do it then the orb is now zooming full speed toward her intended target. “THINK FAST JOHNNY!” She screams this just before she tumbles into the turbulent sea. She springs up again with a grin plastered on her pink lips, her bright henna eyes reflecting like glass off of the ever moving surface of the water. Suddenly she hears a voice call out behind her and she whirls around with delight, wading back into shallower water and looking to whoever has the orb now (she's hoping Johnny). “Quick!” She half emerges from the waves, dripping and soaked, “Toss it to her, she's open!” She stands in sea to her knees, watching for a moment as the game unfolds before her. She catches her breath and braces herself to jump in again. She can feel some splashing behind her and turns to face the source. It his a bone-faced boy she's never seen before. Jubilant laughter bubbles from her once again and she rears playfully and rolls into a canter toward him. Water sprays at her sides like big crystalline wings, catching the yellow sun and blue sky in it's translucent beads. She reaches him and makes tight circles around him, splashing herself and him as she slams her small feet into the waves. “That's what you get!” She cheers as she speeds away on what looks like floating feet across the swirling blues and whites of water and sea foam. She hopes to have drenched him and that he will be in hot pursuit of her after such an act. She keeps at a steady run back toward her pale, sugary friend, her water wings return as moves across the beach and back into the knee deep position beside Johnny (wherever he is).

She's ready to jump in; eager and almost trembling with the anticipation. Watiching with hungry eyes as one tries to skewer the orb and another drags it to the depths. Suddenly a frown forms on her rosy lips and she shouts over the crowd, looking directly to one of the dolphins, “Hurry! After her! She's going to end the game!” She dances impatiently in the churning waters, looking on as the orb's light fades under the water.

Summary: Phrixus gets splashed and flies away because he's a puss-foot. Tangere tries to get the orb and misses a lot and then tries one last time in hopes of flinging it toward Johnny and then tries to include Agnodice. Runs up to Volterra and splashes all over him and runs away, back to stand next to Johnny and watch the game – ready to throw herself back in at any moment. Mentioned @Johnny, @Agnodice & @Volterra .. last minute edit: she watches Aquila drag it under and shouts to the dolphins to catch her.

Wishlist
No previous refusals.

(11.17.14) Magic :: Earth. :: Able to speedily break down/extract oils from plants, poisons and enhancers alike. | Restrictions: Cannot make magical potions, only things that are natural & dyes. Includes mead & wine.

Image By PSILO!

Alune Posts: 65
World's Edge Seer atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 :: 6 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Nova
It is one thing to be clever
and another to be wise

A jovial laugh rumbled deep from the lunar sentinels chest, pale muzzle pulled into a wider grin when the Dolphins joined in to spray Elsa. As a foal, there hadn't been much time for the more lighter side of life. Where there had been much laughter and games as he grew from a leggy youth into a fine example of a stallion — there had been a layer of tension and expectation draped upon his back, as with all the Oracles.

Fun was not free spirited and unabashed emotions where ties and responsibilities fluttered away on the wind like the leaves. The scattered sounds of hooves on marble as they frantically nickered to each other was done with a knowing ear pressed towards the chamber door, ready to be interrupted.

Ready to be brought back to the grim reality that their life was not entirely their own. They had been born with a purpose higher than most, they were servants to a higher cause. Their fun was not meant to last.

Here however, as he snaked his way between equine and aquatic creatures, he felt unburdened by those restraints. The crown he now carried as Seer of the Moon Goddess here was heavy indeed, but he did not feel pressured to be conscious and serious in the game he now played.
Alune could only splutter and raise his hooves after Elsa, after she paid him back for him and his dolphin accomplices soaking earlier.

When he spotted the Gold Dragonling try and distract the sea creatures and a large masked stallion begins to send waves towards them, he frowns. A game as this does not deserve to be over so soon and especially with such trickery. Alas, calling them out would only ruin the game and it seems as though his fellow brethren are too, trying to keep the game a float.

"How about a change of direction." He called, and he dived beneath the waves but not without winking towards the two Dolphins that had teamed up with him before.

Prehensile tail moved for the orb, it poked up from the waves in a comedic fashion, winding it's way towards the current owner of the Orb. Like an overgrown furry snake on a mission, to curl and bounce the orb towards his Dolphin team.

He paused to surface for breath only briefly before he disappeared with a kick of his powerful hind legs.

Alune then turned his attention to Erthë, watching her alabaster form eventually make it's way towards the surface. He moved languidly towards her, but didn't break the surface, instead his tail curled upwards once more and moved to circle her petite frame, the tip of the tail jiggling itself as it went. In the end, it tickled her nose before he moved away, back towards the orb and another attempt to pass it to another sea creature.

______________________________________________________________________________________

words:: 481
summary:: Alune dives under the water and uses his prehensile tail to try steer the orb away back towards the Dolphins who helped him splash Elsa. He then uses his tail to circle Erthë in a shark like manner before it tickles her nose.

Turns his attention back to the Orb and attempts to steer it towards another sea creature.

Wishlist

:: Water x Light :: Able to form jagged ice lances that hurdle towards the target.
Restrictions: 3 medium or 1 large. Upgrade gets you 5 and 2.

@Erthë
[Image: QsJIY4g.png]
"I have seen the movement of the sinews of the sky,
 And the blood coursing in the veins of the moon."

force & violence permitted on Alune at all times
with the exception of maiming and death

Kalona Posts: 40
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 3 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Watching as the game continues along around him the golden stallion still barely manages to grasp what all is going on. From what he can tell there is something about the rather fascinating orb that is driving everyone to join in, plus slowly drawing him towards the fun and games. As a youngster there was no time for antics such as this as his every effort had been focused on survival. With no mother ninety percent of the time and only the company of two older mares who were about as entertaining as a rock, his childhood years were pretty much nonexistent. More and more strangers arrived crowding the beach making him feel even less inclined to attempt to join in. Not being a social butterfly nor one to attention seek the young stallion was more like a ancient in the body of a juvenile.

Before his attention could sway too far from the orb and the commotion whistling drew his eye to a pair of otters staring at him with purpose. Obviously they had noticed his lack of participation and were seemingly trying to show him what he was supposed to do. Cocking his head to the side as he processed their motions and whistles he hesitantly took a couple steps until the water came up to his hocks. Turning his head to the otters almost as if to seek approval a small smile crossed his face as a tiny thrill coursed the length of his spine. Was this what it was like to have fun?

Keeping his eyes on the bouncing orb and the bustle of activity the golden man reared up as the orb got close trying to bat it away back over to the otters. For the first time in forever he found to be actually enjoying something other than throwing himself headfirst into a battle, hmm fancy that. Gaining a little more confidence he strode in deeper finally joining the crowd in the friendly game of whatever this was called and not caring about the splashing water that covered his body.

Summary: Hesitantly observes the others before the otters manage to coax him to join into the game. Rears up trying to bat the orb away back over to the otters who had been urging him to join in. Wades in to join the group trying to get a turn to hit the orb to someone else.

Wishlist: Click

Wishes for:  
::[Magic: SparkxWater | Ability to make a small blast electrified water from body.
::Restrictions | Extends 10m from body and lasts 1 post in battle.
No prior refusals

•• TAGS:[br] •• NOTES: ••

“We who are immortal, we are chained to this life by a chain of gold, and we dare not sever it for fear of what lies beyond the drop.”
Table by Moonstone Designs   Image by click <3
[Image: kalona_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4h_by_moonston...9ggy0e.png]
Please Tag Me In All Threads
Permission to Attack Or Use Magic Upon with the exception of maiming or death.

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable

NASREEN

As expected, the players continued to arrive. Though some chose to observe from the shoreline, it was obvious that the creatures who had originated the game wanted everyone to participate—as an otter waved a tiny paw in her direction, Nasreen felt her heart melt just a little. At the same time, another distantly familiar teal and cream mare swooped down to fly beside her, calling for all to join in on the fun. Looking at the group of strangers laughing and playing together, the invitation was hard to resist. While the worry still lingered at the back of her mind that the whole situation could take a turn for the worse, Nasreen desperately wanted to forget her troubles and for the moment, to simply belong.

And so she did, shedding the weight of her doubt into the sea, if only for the duration of the game. It was lucky that she had spent time refining her aerial technique, for it certainly came in handy now, ducking and weaving amongst the eager bodies who all splashed through the waves in a display of delightful chaos. Had she been less experienced, her natural clumsiness might have caused at least one major collision. But her hours of practice had paid off, and Nasreen laughed aloud to maneuver through the air in chase of the elusive orb. Her flying was not fast, but it was steady. Happy to share the pursuit with her fellows, she sought merely to keep up, waiting patiently for her turn to bat at the shimmering sphere. 

image by shady

Summary: Watching the others play, Nasreen flies along with the crowd to join in on the game of passing. Just happy to be part of it, she waits her turn to bat at the orb.
Nasreen would like :: [Magic: WindxWater | Can summon clouds to levitate objects]

Wishlist
Prior Refusal
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Mortuus Nox Posts: 187
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: Immortal HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Dressy
He watched the little otter wave at him. Nox chuckled lightly as he walked into the cool water. He watched the orb get thrown around as his large black body went deeper and deeper into the blue depths. His gray eyes followed the orb as the creatures clung it around . He sunk his head under water looking for the orb as it dove down. The second it flicked over to him he would throw it to the other person. It was like a big game of catch for everyone. He threw his head above water to take a breath of air swims g towards the orb. Maybe if he was light hearted then he would be able to take this odd orb home. He tried to get near it to hopefully flick it back at the otters. The black stag ignored the other horses getting entrapped in the game. He wanted the chance to touch or just toss the orb around. His black coat was drenched giving it an unusual shine. He chuckled a bit as he came near one of the otters that was swimming near. Maybe if he stayed near the odd creatures he would get a chance at playing with this orb. His eyes watched for the chance to get near it. He waited for the perfect monument to interact with others.
Your fears have just become all to real,
because the devil at the cross road
wants to make a deal.

Magic :: DarkxWater| Thick cloud of black mist causes horrific hallucinations when inhaled.
Restrictions:: Extends 10 m and lasts 30 seconds in battle. Can be inhaled by creator. After the mist fades there's no recollection of the horrors.

Wishlist: http://helovia.net/showthread.php?tid=20004

Summary: Nox walks up and decides he will join in if the ball comes his way, but is weary of traveling into the water.

No prior refusals, Using September Herd champion extra VOTG roll

Please tag Mortuus Nox in all posts
magic & permanent injury is permitted excluding death.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Buried in earth and water

Mortuus Nox posted after the 72 hour time limit and is disqualified! Also - the September herd champs extra roll was ONLY for September! Libertad and Areli did not post to the second round. Nox, Libertad and Arelia may NOT use this as a prior refusal.

Congratulations to NYX.
Random list. Dice roll

The otters and dolphins appreciate the attempts by all to join in the games. Even the dolphins who were mistrustful, now played openly and happily. The water around them began to glow gently - a warm rippling of magic that spread from the otters as their joy and mirth grew. If it were up to them, the game would last forever.

But of course .. all games had to end.

There were those who jumped immediately in to the waves, those who had remained on the shoreline, and those who had tried to end the game by trying to steal the ball. The dolphins want to go - want to take the ball with them so that the game can continue underwater. However the otters have different plans. They shake their heads, indicating that if they give the Helovian's a gift, maybe they will all play again sometime. And wouldn't that be better? The dolphins are not convinced. They think the Helovian's are greedy - and if they are given a gift now, they will come to expect more in the future. They will only play if they are bribed, the Dolphin's think. The otters shake their heads firmly. They are willing to trust.

Taking hold of the orb, one of the otters moved towards Nyx. She saw the mare's hesitancy, her fear of the water, but how she overcame it in an attempt to play, and to be near her son. And that, they could all agree, was a nice gesture. The otter tossed the glowing orb at Nyx's feet with a small wave, before she - and the rest of the otters and dolphins, disappeared into the waves.

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow

The 'game' continues, and the silver finds herself fighting a tide of panic. Each time one of the sea creatures or horses moves, it sends a small wave over her back. She fears it will reach her head, drag her under. She was to get out, but something tells her to stay, some primal knowledge that if she fights her fears and continues, she will get something good out of it. Something to make this horror worthwhile.

She can't help but envy the easygoing natures of the other 'competitors', none of whom seem in the least bit perturbed about dancing with sea creatures in the middle of the ocean. On the battlefield, Nyx would be as at home as they are now, and she finds herself hungering for the simple act of fighting. But she can hardly stay focused on that for long, so intent is she on not drowning.

When the orb is placed in front of her by an otter, she automatically moves to throw it back, thinking that it's been given to her to further the game. However, when the sea creatures disappear in a great splash, she realises that the ball is hers, and shock erupts in her chest. "R...really? Thank you." The sea dwellers are gone, but the ironheart is grateful nonetheless. Using her nose, she nudges the ball out of the water, relief flooding through her as her hooves touch dry land again. She shakes her dripping mane, sending a shower of spray everywhere, then touches the orb more insistently - just like that, it disappears, and she feels a tingling in the deepest parts of her body. Ooh. What it's done, she doesn't quite know, but it has to be good, right?

She looks to Libertad. "Come on, son. Home." After all, she came here to stop him drowning, and won't leave until he's by her side.

______
Eeep thanks so much! <33

unicorn: iconian fonts.dafont lion: jonathan s harris.dafont

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.