the Rift

;In the Sands of Time [join request]

Caiden Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Caiden
never too late

If I ruled the universe, all life all death, everything... you'd still be here. I sure miss the sweet smell of your skin. The black and white of your coat. Oh mother I will make you proud. I was born to do as you hoped for me, I will create a life for me, a world all of my own. As I walk through this unknown land I cross many new areas including forest, cliffs, and beach to stop here. The chill among the air is bone trembling at times. Working my stiff joints I carry black legs faster, trying to boil my blood, a graceful run presents my body as the flesh begins to steam. Nostrils flaring with anticipation. I dash around a few rocks and manage to swing around a tree. Making a figure eight. I neigh a greeting, calling out to the familiar smells of life. Making my best effort to not tear up land that isn't mine, showing respect to the ones who live here and to the one (or ones) who deem this theirs. "I wish to speak with someone of importance among this home." my deep tones calling out carefully. Attentive eyes locked firmly upon the surrounding area, sounds engulfing my triangular radars. Here we go.

Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

PALADIN
info or quote

Post battle calm was one of the most difficult experiences for the warrior. He felt agitated and useless standing around in the hills, and he watched his herd bustle with daily life through bitter, violent-tinted glasses. So much destruction and for what? He was glad that the Qian received their homeland, but at what cost? Were the wounds worth it? The scar tissue over his eye was thick now that he had burn scars and a gash, but the eye was still fully functional, thank the gods. A new face appeared in the distance, and Paladin lashed his tail around his fetlocks, trying to think of a reason why this calm and undramatic herd would call forth visitors.

At least something piqued his interest. The stallion trotted forward in his usual, bold fashion, a slight limp on his right hip from being stabbed by one of his siblings. "Welcome to the Foothills, stranger," Paladin spoke in his deep, rich timbre. "I am Paladin the Valiant, one of the leaders here. Are you seeking a home?"

Unregistered

Caiden
never too late

I watched as a steed (as built as I) approached me, with battle wounds so obvious it would disgust those of weak stomachs. White hair with blood stained tips, crimson eyes, and a piercing horn explained his appearance in awe. My blue eyes studied him with easy, I did not fear him nor feel the need to fight for his approach was that of ease. The black warmblood seemed that of a true man, not one to simply run the newest person off the land, which I've seen before. In my mind it just didn't seem the greatest way to avoid problems. This valiant before me already earned my respect without doing much for it.
"Good morning sir, I hope I do not intrude." I spoke with sincerity, deep and humble tones. "It is almost as if you read my mind Valiant. I do seek a home, as yours seems to suit my likings." Leaning to my left side I noted the scabs across his coat. His eye is what repulsed me the most, not that my stomach is weak, but that I could sympathize his pain to a certain degree. One of the first things I noticed was his limp but I payed no attention, for that detail just seemed as a result from whatever had shed his blood.

Deceased
Tamme

PALADIN
info or quote

The air of the painted stallion was pleasant, and the naturally protective Paladin relaxed. Thickened muscles beneath his skin relaxed, and he watched as the other male's eyes wandered over his figure. Paladin frowned. Fresh after battle was a difficult time for anyone, and he was covered in scars. Perhaps his limp would have healed if his hip had not been damaged before. However, that was not the case.

"I just returned from a war," he explained. "I and my warriors fought for a group called the Qian. They, like us, are a herd of freedom and equality, and they are my allies." Paladin offered a small smile then. "I would be pleased to offer you a home here. We have many ranks available such as a diplomat, if you enjoy travelling - spies, if you enjoy that sort of thing, and warriors."

Unregistered

Caiden
never too late

War, it was a truly agonizing event, but worth it in the end if you came with victory. Respect doubled. To be a warrior it took guts and strength. Not only in physical being but your mental being as well. "I thank you for your offer and I accept, this place is magnificent." I paused warmly "I do think I will wander around and become more familiar to our community before I try for climbing ranks."
A smile placed upon black lips never washed away. I now dedicated myself to learning the herd and claiming them family. I dedicated myself to protecting them and sticking by Paladin's side, already.
With a swish my tail landed at my hocks and evenly I balanced myself carefully. Holding upright with a good posture I informed with a serious tone, "If you are in need of help with anything please do not refrain from asking me, I have plenty of free time and I'd love to become a good friend of yours, you seem a true man." Plainly I skimmed my blue eyes back over his scabs, those must terribly itch. Herbs are much help in the numbing and healing process. Certain things heal you faster than others.

Deceased
Tamme

PALADIN
The sound of iron shocks is stuck in my head

Paladin felt his spirits lift, ever so slightly, when the painted stallion told him that the Foothills were magnificent. He enjoyed their scenery very much, and he was finally able get over the loss of his Moonlit Tides. However, he knew that he was not their leader at heart, and he wanted to give them a chance to choose their own fate. The black and crimson stallion smiled back at this new stallion. "A wise decision," he complimented.

Friend? Paladin has not been asked to be friends in such a long time. He remembered the loss of his older friends: Silverline, Boudicca, and many others were lost. Was he ready to confide in another whose life was just as delicate and tender as the rest? He would be a miserably and lonely git if he did not. "Thank you for your offer," he replied with a kind smile. "Your friendly presence is most welcome, and I will not hesitate to come to you with my concerns or ideas."

"However, I will be honest. I am allowed the herd to choose their own leaders here in a few days. Though I wrested power from another, I did so only to once more return the herd to glory. Now, you, the herd, will choose your own leaders." He smiled. "I will see be around."